PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer Transfer Window - Aftermath

Pages : [1] 2

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Since the other one closed within minutes of Hibs tweeting that we were done - thoughts?

Disappointed not to add anyone today - we needed at least 1, probably 2-3 in reality

I think our signings have been good, with decent pedigree but I cant shake the slightly underwhelmed feeling

Im positive Lenny wouldve wanted a few in tonight, especially after losing 2 midfielders and I dont think we have really reinvested the Mcginn money as yet

Speedway
31-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Since the other one closes within minutes of Hibs tweeting that we were done - thoughts?

Disappointed not to add anyone today - we needed at least 1, probably 2-3 in reality

I think our signings have been good, with decent pedigree but I cant shake the slightly underwhelmed feeling

Im positive Lenny wouldn't wanted a few in tonight, especially after losing 2 midfielders and I dont think we have really reinvested the Mcginn money as yet

If indeed we’ve actually received it.

neil7908
31-08-2018, 08:46 PM
I think we've made decent signings this window but as others have said, we are definitely weaker. Part of the problem is we had one of the best midfields I can remember in my 25 years of watching Hibs at the end of last season. If Real Madrid lost Modric, Kroos and Caseirmo they would struggle to replace them. For a club our size its nigh on impossible.

I think we'll do OK this year but don't see us bettering last season. Despite the quality of player we lost I'm disappointed not to to get a couple of others in.

Releasing Danny seems very strange if we don't have anyone else lined up. I can guarantee we'll have a few injuries in midfield this year and see him score the winner against us for whoever he joins.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 08:46 PM
All I can say is good luck Neil you’re going to need it.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Lennon sounded genuinely happy with the squad in his presser earlier.

Frank Moon
We will need some good ones in January.

Hibee Mac
All I can say is good luck Neil you’re going to need it.

Exactly, there's no way this is how Lennon wanted the window to pan out.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Exactly, there's no way this is how Lennon wanted the window to pan out.

Sounded perfectly happy earlier.

Ell_Chrisso
31-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Bearing in mind Milligan and Agyepong could be anything.

It’s really not all that bad

Bob Box Fish
31-08-2018, 08:49 PM

There would have been work going on in the background I would be surprised if he is happy we never got any over the line in the end.

SirDavidsNapper
Glad Swanson away. Happy with window in general

Thecat23
Sounded perfectly happy earlier.

No one can tell me after what he said this week about getting more in he’ll be happy tonight. Not buying that at all.

The Spaceman
31-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Bedwetting. We have had a good window. Mallan and Horgan will be brilliant players for us, we have Flo back permanently and an option to get JMac on a perm next summer after a full season out of him. Milligan arrives with a very good pedigree, Hyndman has shown with The H**s previously he can play, and Agyepong remains an unknown quantity but by the sounds of it is a Barker-esque signing.

Joe6-2

I hope he is, and he didn’t lose out on anyone due to cash. I don’t think that would be the case tho, the board have backed him

EVENTUALLY
Step up Fraser Murray. Really good player.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2018, 08:51 PM
So we get our signings in early, now folk want us to scratch around signing players at the last knockings?

Callum_62
Bearing in mind Milligan and Agyepong could be anything.

It’s really not all that bad

This is a point. We have a full Ozzy recent world cup player to step into the midfield, he could very well be an integral player for us

Think im disappointed not to get Allan done, the amount of assists and chances he created were incredible

Guess he might negotiate his release.......

One Day Soon
Bedwetting. We have had a good window. Mallan and Horgan will be brilliant players for us, we have Flo back permanently and an option to get JMac on a perm next summer after a full season out of him. Milligan arrives with a very good pedigree, Hyndman has shown with The H**s previously he can play, and Agyepong remains an unknown quantity but by the sounds of it is a Barker-esque signing.

This is correct.

Lago
Flo injured, struggling up front, McGregor injured struggling at the back, hibs are definitely light in these areas only seem to have concentrated on mid field. Could be a long season.

H18 SFR
Glad this thread opened, so much to be discussed.

Peevemor
31-08-2018, 08:53 PM
There may still be some decent free agents we can pick up.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2018, 08:54 PM
My thoughts are that there some absolute panic merchants on this website.

I think some people seem to be forgetting that we have signed some quality players this summer and haven’t signed players for the sake of it like we have done previously.

We’re yet to see Milligan & Agyepong play and Marciano, McGregor, Bartley & Kamberi are still to return from injury. MacLaren isn’t yet up to full speed either but will get there & we know that him & Flo can play well together.

The Huns have improved since last season but it would have been virtually impossible for them not to. Aberdeen are arguably weaker. Hearts seem to have improved but again it would have been very difficult for them not to be better than last season.

We’re probably very slightly weaker than we were at the end of last season however it would have been very, very difficult to be stronger than we were after losing McGinn; to replace him was impossible. Other than that I don’t think we’ve weakened.

I’d have liked to have signed another striker for depth and I’d have loved to have signed Scott Allan because I love watching that laddie play football but overall I’m pretty happy with the business we’ve done this summer. We’re not suddenly a bad side because we didn’t sign anyone today.

timewilltell
Celtic accept offer from Lyon for Dembele

Scorrie
I assume we can still sign free agents so there may still be more to come but just not today. I think it’s too early to judge the strength of the team at the moment. Let’s see Milligan and Agyepong play a few games and then see where we are

kaimendhibs
31-08-2018, 08:55 PM
If it's true celtc played hardball over Allan, because of SJM they are bigger ********s than I gave them credit for. They won't play him so are paying him a fortune out of spite. Glad Dembele stiffed them, again Rodgers found out.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2018, 08:58 PM
If it's true celtc played hardball over Allan, because of SJM they are bigger ********s than I gave them credit for. They won't play him so are paying him a fortune out of spite. Glad Dembele stiffed them, again Rodgers found out.

Maybe they placed a value on him that we never reached, you know a little like us with McGinn?

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 08:58 PM
There may still be some decent free agents we can pick up. I can see one or two coming in via this route. We do seem short in numbers.

RossScott1991
31-08-2018, 08:59 PM
I don’t think it’s bedwetting from folk tbh. I think people just wanted us to push on. “Biggest transfer budget any hibs manager has ever had” was what was said.

We signed Mallan Kamberi and Horgan with fees that probably came to about 700/800k in total?

Received 100k for Murray. Record ST sales. European prize money. McGinn fee.

4 loan signings. Albeit Maclaren is a good one.

I think people expected more because we knew what we were losing. Though not a major disaster of a window. Underwhelmed is the best word for it.

Speedway
31-08-2018, 08:59 PM

So Brenda walks, Lennon returns and we get the Butcher/Calderwood dream ticket we all deserve.

SteveHFC
31-08-2018, 09:00 PM
So Brenda walks, Lennon returns and we get the Butcher/Calderwood dream ticket we all deserve.

At least those in the east stand will be able to get out quicker.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 09:01 PM
So we get our signings in early, now folk want us to scratch around signing players at the last knockings?

It’s the nature of the transfer window. Harry Redknapp has a lot to answer for.

majorhibs

This is correct.

Bedwetting, eh? You “Sirs” couldn’t drink enough lemonade to wet your sheets imo, never mind comment on signing policy! Is this level allowed against that level?

kaimendhibs
So Brenda walks, Lennon returns and we get the Butcher/Calderwood dream ticket we all deserve.Eh? Are you saying we should give them what they want in fear of losing our manager,?

Ell_Chrisso
Rocky Bogdan Laidlaw

Efe Daz Hanlon Porteus Gray Whittaker Lewis

Boyle Milligan Mallan Hyndman Bartley Agyepong Horgan Slivka Murray

Shaw Kamberi MacLaren

Decent.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 09:02 PM
I can see one or two coming in via this route. We do seem short in numbers.

We’re only 1 down overall and given that includes a reserve goalie and a guy that barely played - are we short?

hfc rd
31-08-2018, 09:02 PM
I don’t think it’s bedwetting from folk tbh. I think people just wanted us to push on. “Biggest transfer budget any hibs manager has ever had” was what was said.

We signed Mallan Kamberi and Horgan with fees that probably came to about 700/800k in total?

I think people expected more because we knew what we were losing. Though not a major disaster of a window. Underwhelmed is the best word for it.

Pretty much agree with this.

My main major concern is if our key players pick up injuries, suspensions, lose form

Speedway
31-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Eh? Are you saying we should give them what they want in fear of losing our manager,?

No I’m saying that the moon landings were faked.

Allant1981
31-08-2018, 09:04 PM

just an excuse for folk to have another moan about the club

hibees 7062
31-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Maybe Hibs are lying as well

Thecat23
Ah we’re back to the bed wetting category or the happy clapping category. Good old Hibs net. I’m not in either for the record. Delighted with Kamberi, Mallan and Maclaren. Not so happy we didn’t bring in a couple more that our manager clearly wanted.

Hope that fits in with everyone now have a lovely evening bickering 😂

Stonewall
No one can tell me after what he said this week about getting more in he’ll be happy tonight. Not buying that at all.

You're probably right but if you're trying to sign quality there's going to be competition for their signatures. On top of that I think there's no way Celtic were going to do business with us after Lawell was humiliated over the McGinn transfer. I think the fact that Hyndman is only on loan may by significant with regard to Allan's position come January.

Hoped for a bit of movement today but not anticipating waking up with wet sheets tomorrow.

OtleyHibs
31-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Tbh I’m quite happy overall. Getting flo and Jamie Mac was big for me. Can see why people are concerned but yet to see Agyepong and Milligan play and hopeful they’ll add a lot.

Horgan and Mallan have started well and confident they will both serve us very well.

Would have loved Scott Allan back but I think considering we lost, in my opinion, the two best midfielders in the country I think we are shaping up ok and when everyone is bedded in and settled we will be in decent shape.

Hopeful of another bright season

hibees 7062
Dundee sign centre half Andy Boyle on loan from Preston until January!!

Allant1981

dont think it was ever said as biggest transfer budget ever, pretty sure it was biggest footballing budget, that covers a lot more than just transfer fees

RossScott1991
31-08-2018, 09:09 PM
dont think it was ever said as biggest transfer budget ever, pretty sure it was biggest footballing budget, that covers a lot more than just transfer fees

Checked the article, fair enough I stand corrected on that. Still, with money we have generated I was expecting atleast another 2-3 players.

Speedway
31-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Checked the article, fair enough I stand corrected on that. Still, with money we have generated I was expecting atleast another 2-3 players.

But what about the money spent?

Hi Heid Yin
31-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Is this thread not premature?
The window closes in just under 2 hours - still time for that last minute marquee signing!
If the Hibs official site summary is in fact...it...and there are no more signings, well,my head tells me that we did okay in that we acquired "quality over quantity", but my wee Hibby heart feels disappointed that we didn't get a marquee signing to get us excited over.

Greenwich_Hibby
31-08-2018, 09:13 PM
We have good players but are now weaker due to a lack of balance in the squad.

Allant1981
31-08-2018, 09:14 PM

i agree we are short up front but we still have a pretty decent squad and for once are all in early(apart from milligan obviously)

Johnny_Leith
31-08-2018, 09:16 PM

Just walked past the Burke and hare and had a wee peak in, never believe it but I saw the gaffer covered in scantily clad women pouring champagne down his neck and partaking in the Colombian marching powder. He looked pretty happy.

Nipped in to say gday and he told me that he's getting the boots back on as we're a bit short of bodies, he never did that much running in midfield anyway and he'll still be better than Whittaker.

Scottish cup is in the bag.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Just walked past the Burke and hare and had a wee peak in, never believe it but I saw the gaffer covered in scantily clad women pouring champagne down his neck and partaking in the Colombian marching powder. He looked pretty happy.

Nipped in to say gday and he told me that he's getting the boots back on as we're a bit short of bodies, he never did that much running in midfield anyway and he'll still be better than Whittaker.

Scottish cup is in the bag.

😂😂

Stevie Reid

I'm going by what he said today, perfectly relaxed in the press conference. Lennon isn't one for covering up his feelings or hiding his anger.

I don't believe he hasn't been backed for one minute. Lots of quality throughout the squad.

hfc rd
Celtic accept offer from Lyon for Dembele

Did Fulham insert a sell on clause when they sold him to Celtic? Hope they did and it’s quite a high one.

Unseen work
31-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Bit of perspective is needed imo.

8 signings 6 of who are internationals

Bogdan - undecided has some good moments then a howler
Kamberi - very good signing
MacLaren - very good signing
Horgan - started off very well and can play multiple positions
Hyndman - impressed at rangers and seems a very good technical player
Agyepong - not seen him but by sounds of it was very good for dev
Milligan - same as Agyepong, very experienced international also
Mallan - started brilliantly and has already scored 6 from MIDFIELD

I would imagine all of them players, maybe with the exception of Agyepong are or big wages for our standards.

It’s funny how if we signed Scott Allan everyone would have been delighted and class it as a good window despite it being the one position we have a lot of quality and depth.

Defensively I think we are fine. Mackie and Porteous are both very good players and able to provide cover.

Midfield is very attacking, with Milligan coming in hopefully he will balance us out. Bartley and Whittikar in reserve

Forwards a lot of different options, only 3 out and our strikers but when would you play that formation? Never. Likelihood is we will play 1 or 2 up top with guys like Horgan, Boyle, Hyndman etc supporting them.

HibeeDaz6270
31-08-2018, 09:20 PM
I dont think anyone is disputing that we done decent business earlier in the window, however after the players we lost last season that was more of an expectation and we were always going to have to spend a bit in this window. So the fact we have paid some fees earlier in the window does not take away the disappointment for me.

We netted approx £2million from the McGinn deal & approx £150k from Simon Murray. it is extremely disappointing to see us not add to the squad with some real quality today. It is evident Lennon had hoped for more as we were said to be actively looking to bring someone in.

So we have failed That to me shows a lack of ambition from Hibs in some way. I am not saying we should just throw money away, but perhaps spending a bit and showing some intent at the end of this window would give us a further boost for the next 6 months. Instead we all feel like we are a bit short.

A Scott Allen or a Glen Kamara would have gave everyone a boost and gave us that extra bit quality we were all hoing for. Even if we had to pay a bit extra, im sure they would have paid back that investment on the park in the next 6months. A chance missed from us. Any required fee would have still been minimal in comparison to our latest departure.

It may well turn out that we get away with it, but given the backing from the fans & the money from McGinn i dont think we should be in a position where we feel a little " short "

If im honest, i had a similar feeling before the Molde Game. I think we should have showed a bit more intent earlier in the window as we always knew the funds for McGinn were coming in.

Disappointing from the Club

But time to get behind the squad and help maximise what we have.

31-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Ah we’re back to the bed wetting category or the happy clapping category. Good old Hibs net. I’m not in either for the record. Delighted with Kamberi, Mallan and Allan. Not so happy we didn’t bring in a couple more that our manager clearly wanted.

I wish...presume you mean Maclaren.

I'm very happy with the signings we've made, just disappointed we didn't manage to get Allan though I don't doubt it wasn't for the lack of trying.

J-C
31-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Ah we’re back to the bed wetting category or the happy clapping category. Good old Hibs net. I’m not in either for the record. Delighted with Kamberi, Mallan and Allan. Not so happy we didn’t bring in a couple more that our manager clearly wanted.

Erm you mean McLaren not Allan :greengrin

California-Hibs
31-08-2018, 09:24 PM
We've not even seen Milligan play, he could be just as good and effective as McGeough. I saw enough of Hydeman while he was at Rangers to know how good a player we've got there too. Plus we've not even seen Agyepong! Along with keeping Efe, signing Kamberi and MacLaren etc.

People need to settle right down! The overreaction is embarrassing!

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2018, 09:26 PM
So is this the thread for the free agent rumour signings?

;)

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 09:27 PM
According to the presser earlier Milligan not joined up with the squad yet

Hopefully get a good week to 10 days in during international break- surely his WP will come through soon

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Erm you mean McLaren not Allan :greengrin

Haha sorry yeah, 😂

bigswissstriker
31-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Tbh, I’m looking at this transfer window as a success.

Looking at the players we’ve lost, any club in Scotland struggles to replace that talent.

On paper I think we are almost there. Let’s see how it looks tomorrow

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Dundee sign Ryan Inniss from Palace

cabbage_88
31-08-2018, 09:29 PM
Ah we’re back to the bed wetting category or the happy clapping category. Good old Hibs net. I’m not in either for the record. Delighted with Kamberi, Mallan and Maclaren. Not so happy we didn’t bring in a couple more that our manager clearly wanted.

Allan?

gaz1875
31-08-2018, 09:29 PM
We've not even seen Milligan play, he could be just as good and effective as McGeough. I saw enough of Hydeman while he was at Rangers to know how good a player we've got there too. Plus we've not even seen Agyepong! Along with keeping Efe, signing Kamberi and MacLaren etc.

Here here, some right doom mongers on here despite not seeing two of the new signings play, and another two only playing one league game :rolleyes:

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:30 PM
I'm going by what he said today, perfectly relaxed in the press conference. Lennon isn't one for covering up his feelings or hiding his anger.

I don't believe he hasn't been backed for one minute. Lots of quality throughout the squad.

I’m not saying he hasn’t been backed Steve. I’m saying he won’t be happy with how it’s panned out. He was defo backed at the start I’ve no idea if he’s tried to get a few more in and told no. No one knows that bar him.

cabbage_88
Allan?

Note: seen you have edited

Thecat23
Allan?

Ignore that, I’m in holiday mode! Now corrected 😁👍🏼

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Bedwetting, eh? You “Sirs” couldn’t drink enough lemonade to wet your sheets imo, never mind comment on signing policy! Is this level allowed against that level?

The answer is yes, no or maybe - depending on what your question actually means.

majorhibs
31-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Lose McGinn lose Mcgeoch lose Allan. Bedwetters. Nae wonder I don’t take the experts on here seriously.

Nicho87
31-08-2018, 09:32 PM
I’m just happy we have the scouting team in the background that is wasting their time finding players window to window if we don’t actually sign them.

Stonewall
31-08-2018, 09:33 PM

You're probably right but if you're trying to sign quality there's going to be competition for their signatures. On top of that I think there's no way Celtic were going to do business with us after Lawell was humiliated over the McGinn transfer. I think the fact that Hyndman is only on loan may by significant with regard to Allan's position come January.

Hoped for a bit of movement today but not anticipating waking up with wet sheets tomorrow.

superfurryhibby
31-08-2018, 09:34 PM
A season lasts 9months in football, ya daft ****z. We’ve done no bad, given the inevitable departure# short memories.

djs69
31-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Wonder if the board / manager relationship will be ok, he clearly wanted 1,2 or maybe 3 in earlier this week, and they have failed to get any, we have funds, or is the McGinn money being used for the alleged new indoor pitch at HTC?? [emoji848][emoji848]

Smartie
31-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Marciano

McGregor Milligan K O'Connor Mackie

Slivka Bartley Hyndman Agyepong

McLaren Kamberi

There's a team of players on our books, none of whom started the game on Sunday (a draw with the team who have finished 2nd in the league for the past few seasons, a game we were unlucky not to win).

I agree that the squad may be a bit thin, and we are a bit vulnerable to injuries to key players (as we have right now).

It has been far from an awful window, and who knows - we may yet add to the squad with folk who are currently out of contract.

We need to keep the heid here.

wookie70
31-08-2018, 09:35 PM

Is the problem not that we have signed Agyepong, Mallan, Horgan and Hydeman who all may turn out decent or better but with Boyle starting most weeks the likelihood is they will not all be starters. That's good as we have great cover in attacking midfield however we are pretty short in other areas particularly up front and also to a lesser extent in defensive midfield and at the back. I would have kept Swanson and Martin not signed as many attacking mids and got another Forward in and also possibly another defender.

Milligan is the great unknown in all of this as he could be the rock in midfield and if we are lucky with injuries and suspensions then we could also be fine at the back. That would only leave up front an issue if Flo/Jamie or Oli lose form or are injured. Struggling to see why we let Simon Murray go and never replaced him. I'm trying to be positive now the initial disappointment of losing another two with no more in has passed. However, I think we will need a bit of luck on our side to do as well this year as we did last year.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:36 PM

Lawwell clearly having a wobble with us and to be honest he seems a man child like Trump. Doesn’t get his own way toys out the pram!

Peevemor
I’m just happy we have the scouting team in the background that is wasting their time finding players window to window if we don’t actually sign them.We signed 8 players, including 6 new faces (5 of whom are internationals).

EHZERO7
Rocky Bogdan Laidlaw

Shaw Kamberi MacLaren

Decent.

We have a player in every department injured for starters.
So short up front as well.
Everybody has there own opinions but I am disappointed in everything that has been said about budgets etc.
I don't know where it broke down but failing to bring back Scott Allan is a sore one.
If celtic failed to play ball coz of SJM then at least tell the fans and we will understand better.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 09:37 PM
We signed 8 players, including 6 new faces (5 of whom are internationals).

But crucially none on deadline day and that’s when it matters. That’s the business end of the transfer window.

superfurryhibby
31-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Hibs have been vulnerable to injury since I started going to games nearly 50 years ago. Stopped the Tornadoes winning the League when I was a laddie and nothing much has changed since. We have a good squad and a fiery wee maverick genius as a manager, just sit back and enjoy the season whilst Hibs entertain you.

bingo70
But crucially none on deadline day and that’s when it matters. That’s the business end of the transfer window.

If Milligan and Tommy signed today people would be happy with the transfer window IMO.

gaz1875

:confused:

What matters is signing the right players, doesn't matter if its first day or last day

bingo70
31-08-2018, 09:42 PM

What matters is signing the right players, doesn't matter if its first day or last day

I think that’s Danderhalls point 😜

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:42 PM

He’s just joking 😁

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:44 PM

Always good to have international experience that one good thing from this window. Now can someone please put me into a category of bedwetting or happy clappers!!!!!!!!

gaz1875
I think that’s Danderhalls point 😜

:aok:

Danderhall Hibs
He’s just joking 😁

As you know I’m just too subtle at times.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2018, 09:45 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that we are short on strikers.

Maclaren and Shaw are the only fit strikers we have at the moment whilst Kamberi is recovering from injury so I think another striker was required.

It hasn't happened though so we'll just need to get on with it. Our midfield has seen the biggest change and I think it's still far too early to tell if we have improved or not in this area.

Agyepong and Milligan haven't played yet, Mallan looks like a good player and I've been impressed with Horgan so far as well. Not too sure about Hyndman at the moment.

Whether they are better than McGinn, McGeouch and Allan remains to be seen.

In defence we haven't really changed anything from last season so hopefully that should be a positive and the fact that we seem to be keeping Ambrose is a boost. Bogdan has come in to deputise for Marciano in goal and has done well so far. Marciano will be our number one though so again that will be a bit of consistency from last season once he's back.

I don't think this window's as much of a disappointment as many people think it is. I think it could have been better and as I said earlier I think we might struggle if any of our strikers are out for any length of time but I feel we have a very good squad there and certainly one that's capable of competing at the top end of the league.

Thecat23
As you know I’m just too subtle at times.

I do indeed 😉👍🏼

S4uzee
To have lost Mcgeouch Allan and McGinn in the same window and not replaced any with similar quality is poor indeed

Joe6-2
Ignore that, I’m in holiday mode! Now corrected 😁👍🏼

Enjoy Florida TC

A Hi-Bee

A wee bit disappointed we never managed to get one or two players in to strengthen what we already have, but its the managers job to get the best out of the players that he has. Pretty sure that Neil Lennon is the man to get this done and who knows perhaps we have one or two still on the radar.
Still pretty relaxed about our team as my expectations are perhaps not as high as last year, would like to think that we will do better and hope we do, but not sure, it may be a stop start season for us Hibbys but we are used to this.

GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag:

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Enjoy Florida TC

Thanks mate 👍🏼👍🏼

A Hi-Bee
31-08-2018, 09:46 PM
To have lost Mcgeouch Allan and McGinn in the same window and not replaced any with similar quality is poor indeed

Not poor, almost impossible for a club our size.

CapitalGreen
31-08-2018, 09:47 PM

You make it sound so easy.

SaulGoodman
31-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Always good to have international experience that one good thing from this window. Now can someone please put me into a category of bedwetting or happy clappers!!!!!!!!

You're a bed wetting happy clapper.

You'll pish the bed but you'll find a positive about it.

tonyrougier123
31-08-2018, 09:48 PM
If Milligan and Tommy signed today people would be happy with the transfer window IMO.

Not me bingo,id still b saying we need a cb and striker.but what I am saying is hibs have proved my negative views on transfer dealings wrong recently,hoping this one doesnt buck the recent trend.

Real Emerald
31-08-2018, 09:48 PM

We’re still short though due to the players we’ve lost. We can’t go a season with three strikers especially as one is a rookie learning his trade. The striker situation is ridiculous considering the investment fans have put in. We’re already playing our back up striker and winger to cover, surely alarm bells were already ringing with that situation. Considering the backing the fans have given the club, that situation is unacceptable?

A Hi-Bee
31-08-2018, 09:49 PM

At least when you wet the bed its warm at first.

Heisenberg
31-08-2018, 09:50 PM

And how do we afford like for like replacements for McGeough or McGinn? We’ve rebuilt the midfield with the budget we have. Plenty to come from Mallan, Hyndman, Milligan and Horgan. Allan wasn’t happening according to Lennon, for one reason or another.

Wakeyhibee
31-08-2018, 09:51 PM
A wee bit disappointed we never managed to get one or two players in to strengthen what we already have, but its the managers job to get the best out of the players that he has. Pretty sure that Neil Lennon is the man to get this done and who knows perhaps we have one or two still on the radar.
Still pretty relaxed about our team as my expectations are perhaps not as high as last year, would like to think that we will do better and hope we do, but not sure, it may be a stop start season for us Hibbys but we are used to this.

GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag:

Under a lot of previous encumbants I'd be underwhelmed but I agree NL has a way to get the best out of players.

inglisavhibs
31-08-2018, 09:52 PM
We have a player in every department injured for starters.
So short up front as well.
Everybody has there own opinions but I am disappointed in everything that has been said about budgets etc.
I don't know where it broke down but failing to bring back Scott Allan is a sore one.
If celtic failed to play ball coz of SJM then at least tell the fans and we will understand better.

Scott Allan is on a big salary at Celtic with around 40 weeks of his contract to go. Unless he was willing to give that money, or a big percentage of it up a deal was always going to be difficult at this time. Celtic would probably want a fee as well.

Real Emerald
Thanks mate 👍🏼👍🏼
Been to Florida 20+ times but did Miami for a few days this year, loved loved loved it. Amazing place. Enjoy your holiday 👍

Thecat23

You know me well!

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Been to Florida 20+ times but did Miami for a few days this year, loved loved loved it. Amazing place. Enjoy your holiday 👍

Cheers mate, also doing Miami 😎

inglisavhibs
We’re still short though due to the players we’ve lost. We can’t go a season with three strikers especially as one is a rookie learning his trade. The striker situation is ridiculous considering the investment fans have put in. We’re already playing our back up striker and winger to cover, surely alarm bells were already ringing with that situation. Considering the backing the fans have given the club, that situation is unacceptable?
How many strikers did we have last season?

bingo70

We’ve replaced them with an Australian international with 71 caps, a Republic of Ireland international and a Scottish under 21 international that’s scored about 5 goals already this season and we’re only at the end of August. In reserve to that we have a USA international, Bartley who we know well and Whittaker who was excellent against the second best team in the country.

When you say we’ve not replaced our midfield, what exactwere you hoping for?

Hibs4185
31-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Is the team as strong? Maybe not, but how do you replace a midfield of McGinn, McGeough and Allan?

It’s almost an impossible task without millions. I do feel though that the players we have signed are still step above our rivals.

I am an optimist but I still see us as 3rd behind a grudgingly better Sevco, but ahead of Aberdeen and the mini Huns

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-08-2018, 09:58 PM

We were very lucky last season that non of our strikers had injuries. Kamberi is already out at the moment. An injury to McLaren and we're ******. Not convinced by Shaw. Boyle is not a centre forward. We are very light weight upfront going into a new season.

tonyrougier123
31-08-2018, 09:58 PM
its obvious we are light in numbers,but u have to keep the faith!good ppl runnin the shop.loads of players are still available after window closes.we will still get players in for sure.frustrating tho.stay classy hibees.

brianmc
31-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Rocky Bogdan Laidlaw

Shaw Kamberi MacLaren

Decent.

Pah!! Those are just facts!
No need for them here....🙄
Burn the witch etc etc

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 10:07 PM
We’ve replaced them with an Australian international with 71 caps, a Republic of Ireland international and a Scottish under 21 international that’s scored about 5 goals already this season and we’re only at the end of August. In reserve to that we have a USA international, Bartley who we know well and Whittaker who was excellent against the second best team in the country.

Don’t have an issue with the quality of player we’ve signed. I do think we’re a wee bit unbalanced though and trying to fit players in to positions that aren’t natural, because we haven’t signed players who are natural in those positions if that makes sense.

Horgan is playing centrally, and did ok, but he’s a winger. Whittaker, did well enough, but that’s not really his position. Mallan is playing deeper than is natural to him. You can get away with it for a bit, but it’s not sustainable over the season IMO.

A lot is resting on Milligan and, to be honest, none of us really know what he’s going to offer.

We were never goin to replace the midfield three like for like. I thought we’d need to change the way we play a bit but we’re still trying to play the same way, just with players out of position. I hope that changes.

inglisavhibs
31-08-2018, 10:09 PM
We were very lucky last season that non of our strikers had injuries. Kamberi is already out at the moment. An injury to McLaren and we're ******. Not convinced by Shaw. Boyle is not a centre forward. We are very light weight upfront going into a new season.

Very few SPL clubs if any have more than 3 out and out strikers. If you don't give Shaw the chance you might as well not have an academy. Shaw, Porteous and Murray are the three best players developed by Hibs for a while and hopefully they will all be regulars soon (Porteous already is and will now be a difficult man to leave out). Negativity on here is depressing considering the quality of players at Easter Road is way above the levels we have witnessed before Lennon arrived. Fans are now obsessed with transfer windows.

Real Emerald
31-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Cheers mate, also doing Miami 😎

Do the boat tour, amazing. You’ll see my house 😂

matty_f
31-08-2018, 10:10 PM
And how do we afford like for like replacements for McGeough or McGinn? We’ve rebuilt the midfield with the budget we have. Plenty to come from Mallan, Hyndman, Milligan and Horgan. Allan wasn’t happening according to Lennon, for one reason or another.

We should have taken the McGinn money and signed McGinn. :agree:

Real Emerald
31-08-2018, 10:11 PM

😂😂👍

Sir David Gray
31-08-2018, 10:14 PM

And then signed Leigh Griffiths for the £150k that we got for Simon Murray.

Mon Dieu4
31-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Don’t have an issue with the quality of player we’ve signed. I do think we’re a wee bit unbalanced though and trying to fit players in to positions that aren’t natural, because we haven’t signed players who are natural in those positions if that makes sense.

Horgan is playing centrally, and did ok, but he’s a winger. Whittaker, did well enough, but that’s not really his position. Mallan is playing deeper than is natural to him. You can get away with it for a bit, but it’s not sustainable over the season IMO.

A lot is resting on Milligan and, to be honest, none of us really know what he’s going to offer.

We were never goin to replace the midfield three like for like. I thought we’d need to change the way we play a bit but we’re still trying to play the same way, just with players out of position. I hope that changes.

Pretty much how I see it too :agree:

Think the first half of this season will be like the first half of last year in that we get results but there is something just not quite right yet and it will need addressed in January

matty_f
31-08-2018, 10:17 PM
And then signed Leigh Griffiths for the £150k that we got for Simon Murray.

Frankly livid that this never happened now you mention it.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Frankly livid that this never happened now you mention it.

I'm going down to the ticket office in the morning to demand a refund on my Livingston ticket.

jacomo
31-08-2018, 10:19 PM
I thought the ITK folk had a decent window.

The Cat took some pelters which seemed undeserved so he gets a mention and hope he enjoys a good holiday.

Real Emerald
31-08-2018, 10:27 PM

That’s a fair point TBH, but we were short last year too. We had Stokes, Murray and Shaw and turned it around with Kamberi and McLaren helped by our now gone midfield. On the plus side our new midfield has more goals in it I think so maybe if all fit we ‘could’ be better. 🤞

Stonewall
31-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Lawwell clearly having a wobble with us and to be honest he seems a man child like Trump. Doesn’t get his own way toys out the pram!

Yes, exactly.

He's getting the blame big time from Celtic fan's for their performance in the transfer window. That really is a shambles.

I'm a little disappointed but actually really looking forward to the game tomorrow.

RG04
31-08-2018, 10:32 PM

Brilliant response! Who can get close to that in our league and budget?!?

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Bit unhappy that Lennon has referred to the squad as a bit thin for the past season. This transfer window we signed 8 players and lost 10. We’re now thinner.

It was a good start to the transfer window, but the past week going from 3 signings, to 2, to 1, to at the end, sweet **** all is a shambles

Real downer tbh.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 10:34 PM
I thought the ITK folk had a decent window.

The Cat took some pelters which seemed undeserved so he gets a mention and hope he enjoys a good holiday.

Needs to rest up and get ready for January I felt he tired as the window went on.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2018, 10:45 PM

Horgan did more than ok centrally in the first half v Aberdeen.

Paul Hartley was transformed from being a decent winger to a superb number ten at around Horgan's age.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2018, 10:46 PM
!!!

Ell_Chrisso
31-08-2018, 10:47 PM
Steven Caulker has left Dundee. Wonder if we would kick the tyres?

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Horgan did more than ok centrally in the first half v Aberdeen.

Paul Hartley was transformed from being a decent winger to a superb number ten at around Horgan's age.

He might come good in there you never know. Disagree about how good he was in that position against the sheep though. Lively early on, one decent effort then faded a bit for me.

I’d like to see him out wide where he can get at folk. Can go outside or inside. Him and Boyle either side could cause teams real problems.

tam4hibs
31-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Wonder how the players feel?
Happy that they have a better chance at a game or disappointed for the sake of the club's aspirations.

Never been a senior player, so wouldn't know. But time in junior - felt chuffed whe we brought in quality guys. Even in my position.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 10:49 PM
This may make the press.. Reall story on Allan, told I can post this here now.

Scott Allan knocked back opportunities abroad as he waited for Hibs. Celtic were happy for him to come back on loan and Hibs pulled out

Dempster killed the deal! I’m stunned.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Steven Caulker has left Dundee. Wonder if we would kick the tyres?

Issues there I believe.

Delboy4
31-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Celtic just signed Benkovic from Leicester on loan

31-08-2018, 10:51 PM

Scott Allan knocked back opportunities abroad as he waited for Hibs. Celtic were happy for him to come back on loan and Hibs pulled out

Doesn't make sense, why would Leeann scupper the deal?

Delboy4
31-08-2018, 10:52 PM

🙉🙉🙉

Jim44
31-08-2018, 10:53 PM

:confused::confused::confused:

Smartie

When did all this happen?

Was it potentially live until late today, or was this a while back?

Very very poor stuff from Hibs if true.

Thecat23
Doesn't make sense, why would Leeann scupper the deal?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Thecat23
When did all this happen?

Was it potentially live until late today, or was this a while back?

Very very poor stuff from Hibs if true.

Today.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 10:54 PM
It’ll all come out, won’t be shocked to see this in the papers.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Dempster killed the deal! I’m stunned. Find that very, very hard to believe. Not her style. Your source may have been on the sauce.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Find that very, very hard to believe. Not her style. Your source may have been on the sauce.

Let’s wait and see.

Smartie
31-08-2018, 10:58 PM
If this is true I can't see our manager being at all happy.

sambajustice
31-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Has anyone got anything right in this window???

Been constant pish from day one!!

Diclonius

That doesn't make any sense. Why would we do that?

Not doubting you btw.

Callum_62
I certainly cant think of a rational reason why we would say no to a loan - unless they were wanting is to pay his full wage

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 11:00 PM

Jesus Christ! Absolutely shocking from Dempster. What possibly could her justification?

dmc1875
If this is true I can't see our manager being at all happy.

I can back it up I’ve heard the exact same thing. And he is far from happy

Heisenberg
Why, if we were still in discussions and a loan was offered, would Leeann suddenly decide we didn’t want him anymore? It makes no sense. Kind of looks like this source is trying to save face for his pal who is more than happy to sit on his bum for several thousand pounds a week till his contract runs out.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Let’s wait and see. let’s wait and really see. I know Leeann and that would not be her style at all. You have got a lot of things right but not everything.

Gordy M
31-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Maybe celtic wanted hibs to pay his alleged 8k a week wages??

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Window shut. Allan stays at Celtic, no release.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Why, if we were still in discussions and a loan was offered, would Leeann suddenly decide we didn’t want him anymore? It makes no sense. Kind of looks like this source is trying to save face for his pal who is more than happy to sit on his bum for several thousand pounds a week till his contract runs out.
Very good point - Scott Allan could have a forced a move by asking for a transfer. A lot of face saving taking place I think.

Hibs4185
It’ll be in the papers because it’s discussed on here. LD has done wonders for this club and I highly doubt she has pulled the plug on a signing the fans demand.

If she has pulled the plug then I would back her. She’s performed miracles with our club and she wouldnt Undo that work with such a risky move with the fans

Thecat23
let’s wait and really see. I know Leeann and that would not be her style at all. You have got a lot of things right but not everything.

Scott is fuming trust me. I’m not wrong with this because who’s it come from.

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 11:04 PM

I can’t emphasise enough how shocked I am to hear this.

The only possible way I can convince myself that this was a reasonable decision was if there is a vague hope Celtic will release him in the next week, and we can just pick him up minus the loan fee ? Absolutely stunned!

dmc1875
31-08-2018, 11:04 PM

Well, I’ve heard the exact same thing as the cat and have no reason to not trust who I was told by.

Maybe Allan had turned deals down cause he was waiting for Hibs?

Maybe the board decided having brought in Hyndman they would wait until January to get Allan in?

Ozyhibby
31-08-2018, 11:06 PM
I don’t think this has been a good window at all. The signings we have made have been good ones but we never brought in the depth we needed. Also I don’t think we have raised our budget nearly enough to reflect the money that is coming into the club just now.
I haven’t seen Milligan yet but a lot now depends on him being able to step up and remain injury free all season. Otherwise there is a hole in that midfield.
Amazing how every time a fee comes into the club we manage to find another bit of infrastructure to spend it on.
I’m sure next time it will be re invested in the squad. [emoji23][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
31-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Well, I’ve heard the exact same thing as the cat and have no reason to not trust who I was told by.

Maybe Allan had turned deals down cause he was waiting for Hibs?

Maybe the board decided having brought in Hyndman they would wait until January to get Allan in?

Well if Allan has done that he’s only got himself to blame. Hibs signed other players who can play in his role because we had no movement on getting him earlier. If Celtc have come back on deadline day and said we can have him on loan, then that’s not our issue. We’ve already signed players instead of him. If he’s raging, he should be raging with Celtc.

jeffers
31-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Very good point - Scott Allan could have a forced a move by asking for a transfer. A lot of face saving taking place I think.

I've seen that mentioned a few times, but I don't see that it would have made the slightest bit of difference. It's not as if he was a regular starter, he's a player their manager has already said wouldn't get game time.

jeffers
31-08-2018, 11:11 PM
Well if Allan has done that he’s only got himself to blame. Hibs signed other players who can play in his role because we had no movement on getting him earlier. If Celtc have come back on deadline day and said we can have him on loan, then that’s not our issue. We’ve already signed players instead of him. If he’s raging, he should be raging with Celtc.

I seriously doubt he would have turned down other clubs in the hope that we wanted him, he would have been given an indication that we did want him.

Captain Trips
31-08-2018, 11:12 PM
I would like to think that any deal could not be reached due to wage or fee. The only person who should decide if we want him or not is Neil.

So either the fee was to high or the wages as these are the only factors the board should go on.

H18 SFR
31-08-2018, 11:13 PM

The only possible way I can convince myself that this was a reasonable decision was if there is a vague hope Celtic will release him in the next week, and we can just pick him up minus the loan fee ? Absolutely stunned!

He would have to have been released before midnight. He can't sign for anyone as a free agent till January as he was still registered with a club upon the window closing.

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 11:14 PM
The only person who should be able to pull a transfer is Lennon. Not Dempster!

Jim44

I don’t think that’s possible. If they released him and he became a free agent, I think we could sign him but he couldn’t play till after the next transfer window.

bigswissstriker
Scott is fuming trust me. I’m not wrong with this because who’s it come from.

Obviously without revealing your source, how close is this source to SA, and it’s not DJ Kris murdy is it ?

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 11:15 PM
The only person who should be able to pull a transfer is Lennon. Not Dempster!

She's his boss.

keep the faith

Dempster killed the deal! I’m stunned.That's incredible if true. I'm gutted we didn't bring Allan in. If we had the option and chose not to.... then the club should explain why our season ticket money is not being used for a player so many of us wanted to see and who clearly wanted to be here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

McIntosh
Scott is fuming trust me. I’m not wrong with this because who’s it come from. That maybe so but whatever happened may have happened for complex and multiple reasons which will not be simple. As for Leeann she is the best thing that has ever happened to Hibs and it is a privilege to know her. I trust her judgement completely.

Callum_62
We had another poster earlier sayings alls fine and Allan in January

Surely not if hes fuming with is

Heisenberg
31-08-2018, 11:17 PM
That's incredible if true. I'm gutted we didn't bring Allan in. If we had the option and chose not to.... then the club should explain why our season ticket money is not being used for a player so many of us wanted to see and who clearly wanted to be here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What if we chose not to because they wanted too much money? Hibs can’t go about explaining why they haven’t signed every player the fans wanted them to sign.

Smartie
31-08-2018, 11:17 PM
I don’t think this has been a good window at all. The signings we have made have been good ones but we never brought in the depth we needed. Also I don’t think we have raised our budget nearly enough to reflect the money that is coming into the club just now.
I haven’t seen Milligan yet but a lot now depends on him being able to step up and remain injury free all season. Otherwise there is a hole in that midfield.
Amazing how every time a fee comes into the club we manage to find another bit of infrastructure to spend it on.
I’m sure next time it will be re invested in the squad. [emoji23][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This certainly feels like a pivotal moment for the club.

We slid into decline when we failed to adequately replace our best players in the past. Rebuilding the midfield was always going to be a challenge, and it may yet come to pass that we've managed to do it.

But even during the second half of last season (when our results were excellent) our squad was paper thin, and we rode our luck with injuries.

Milligan might be excellent - a 33 year old marquee signing has a wee whiff of De Graaf about it as well though.

One thing Hibs have done is heap pressure upon themselves. We've rolled up in record numbers for a while, we've bought the season tickets, we've had the European games, we've taken money in for McGinn.

They told us we were going to have the biggest budget any Hibs manager had ever had. I'm not convinced Neil Lennon has had the backing he'd have expected here, and a big barn at East Mains is unlikely to placate him.

It will be very interesting to see where we go from here.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:18 PM

The only possible way I can convince myself that this was a reasonable decision was if there is a vague hope Celtic will release him in the next week, and we can just pick him up minus the loan fee ? Absolutely stunned! You are making an assumptions that this accurate and the truth. You have taken this as gospel. It is from an unnamed source and you are taking it as if it is holy writ.

Jim44
31-08-2018, 11:19 PM
I’m playing devil’s advocate here, but for all we know there may have been very controversial reasons for not signing him. Since the news is now in the public domain, the club will have to explain it’s baffling decision.

green day
31-08-2018, 11:20 PM
You are making an assumptions that this accurate and the truth. You have taken this as gospel. It is from an unnamed source and you are taking it as if it is holy writ.

Indeed.

I can't emphasise how stunned I am that people believe ***** on internet forums

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 11:20 PM
This certainly feels like a pivotal moment for the club.

We slid into decline when we failed to adequately replace our best players in the past. Rebuilding the midfield was always going to be. challenge, and it may be that we've managed to do it.

But even during the second half of last season (when our results were excellent) our squad was paper thin, and we rode our luck with injuries.

Milligan might be excellent - a 33 year old marquee signing has a wee whiff of De Graaf about it as well though.

One thing Hibs have done is heap pressure upon themselves. We've rolled up in record numbers for a while, we've bought the season tickets, we've had the European games, we've taken money in for McGinn.

They told us we were going to have the biggest budget any Hibs manager had ever had. I'm not convinced Neil Lennon has had the backing he'd have expected here, and a big barn at East Mains is unlikely to placate him.

It will be very interesting to see where we go from here.

I cant remember any transfer window where we have signed so many internationalists- weve certainly signed some players with pedigree

I wish we got Allan too, but looking at the window overall, its been more than good

We are however, still a little short in bodies I believe

Springbank
31-08-2018, 11:21 PM
Steve Mallan better learn to fxxxing contribute in thé tackle if the board have signed him over Scott Allan.
what a fxxxing shambles.

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 11:21 PM
It reads like the deal was all hunkey dory for us and then we suddenly decided....nah, nevermind actually

I cant believe it happened like that

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 11:22 PM
You are making an assumptions that this accurate and the truth. You have taken this as gospel. It is from an unnamed source and you are taking it as if it is holy writ.

Well, I’ve always found the poster the most reliable on here, and there’s a lot of confidence on his side, so I believe it. Your choice to dismiss it though. I won’t personally.

California-Hibs

This isn't going to go well.

Heisenberg
Steve Mallan better learn to fxxxing contribute in thé tackle if the board have signed him over Scott Allan.
what a fxxxing shambles.

Aye, because Scotty Allan is a tough tackling, hard working midfielder. Have a word ffs.

Callum_62
what a fxxxing shambles.

Hyndemans more a replacement for Allan than Mallan....possibly even Horgan too

Hi Heid Yin
31-08-2018, 11:23 PM
That maybe so but whatever happened may have happened for complex and multiple reasons which will not be simple. As for Leeann she is the best thing that has ever happened to Hibs and it is a privilege to know her. I trust her judgement completely.

My thoughts exactly!
:agree::agree:

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Well, I’ve always found the poster the most reliable on here, and there’s a lot of confidence on his side, so I believe it. Your choice to dismiss it though. I won’t personally.

So what do you believe would be the reasons for LD scuppering the deal?

Captain Trips
Indeed.

How do you know it is not correct though?

jeffers
Here's a scenario:

I was told before via someone with connections at Hibs and Celtic that when we signed Scott Allan in January we had agreed with Celtic what portion of his salary we would pay. At the last minute RP told Celtic we wanted him for nothing and as they were desperate for Bain, Lawell had no option but to agree. I took this story with a large dose of salt, but if there was any truth in it what's to say Lawell didn't do something similar to us this window. And if Scott Allan is on £8,000 a week maybe we refused to pay that.

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 11:25 PM
So what do you believe would be the reasons for LD scuppering the deal?

I’ve no idea - thus why I said I was stunned that this had been reported.

Callum_62
31-08-2018, 11:26 PM
Here's a scenario:

I was told before via someone with connections at Hibs and Celtic that when we signed Scott Allan in January we had agreed with Celtic what portion of his salary we would pay. At the last minute RP told Celtic we wanted him for nothing and as they were desperate for Bain, Lawell had no option but to agree. I took this story with a large dose of salt, but if there was any truth in it what's to say Lawell didn't do something similar to us this window. And if Scott Allan is on £8,000 a week maybe we refused to pay that.

Its much more likey to be something like that, than simply us deciding last minute that we dont want him

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 11:27 PM
I’ve no idea - thus why I said I was stunned that this had been reported.

So, with no idea of the reasons, and without waiting to hear if the Club has anything to say, you have accepted it as fact.

OK.

green day
31-08-2018, 11:29 PM
How do you know it is not correct though?

Oh, I don't - but it's also possible that it's a scenario like Jeffers mentioned above - and that it suits some of those involved to say "LD pulled the plug" without the rich details that would give it more sense.

But people love a drama🙄

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 11:30 PM
So, with no idea of the reasons, and without waiting to hear has anything to say, whether the Club you have accepted it as fact.

OK.

Not being on the Hibs board or coaching staff, of course I don’t know the possible reasons, and I won’t pretend to. I’m saying I believe this particular poster’s reporting accuracy. I’m choosing to believe there could be something in it.

You’re choosing to dismiss it entirely, which is your shout.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:30 PM
Well, I’ve always found the poster the most reliable on here, and there’s a lot of confidence on his side, so I believe it. Your choice to dismiss it though. I won’t personally. He may well be but the poster is not infallible - the poster has said contradictory things. The poster is very human. What has been said does not add up - life is not as black and white as this story presents. I repeat I know Leeann Dempster and I know how she operates and what has been outlined is not her approach.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:32 PM
How do you know it is not correct though? because I know the person named and her approach and as this story is presented it does not add up. This is the woman that flew to Geneva to get Florian signed!!!

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 11:34 PM
Not being on the Hibs board or coaching staff, of course I don’t know the possible reasons, and I won’t pretend to. I’m saying I believe this particular poster’s reporting accuracy. I’m choosing to believe there could be something in it.

You’re choosing to dismiss it entirely, which is your shout.

You've jumped to conclusions.... again ..... with your last statement.

I haven't dismissed it at all. I'm waiting until I have more evidence before I make up my mind.

woodyhfc4892
31-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Disappointing end as Allan didn’t arrive but on the whole, decent enough transfer window imo.

Feel we’re a bit thin in areas but if we keep a fit squad then we should be ok!

Lennon must think we have some decent youth players coming through as back..

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:37 PM
I’ve no idea - thus why I said I was stunned that this had been reported. You swallowed it hook, line and sinker. You are discussing it as a fact when there is not a shred of evidence to support it. Anyone who knows Leeann would tell the very suggestion that she would unilaterally pull the plug on a deal above the head of the manager is laughable. It is totally preposterous.

Captain Trips
31-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Disappointing end as Allan didn’t arrive but on the whole, decent enough transfer window imo.

Feel we’re a bit thin in areas but if we keep a fit squad then we should be ok!

Lennon must think we have some decent youth players coming through as back..

It can't be a decent window if we are thin in places tbh.

green day
31-08-2018, 11:38 PM

To prove I'm not being argumentative..........I agree

Michael
31-08-2018, 11:39 PM
It is pretty weird though. We wanted him, Celtic wanted rid and the player wanted to come. What happened?

Captain Trips
31-08-2018, 11:40 PM
You swallowed it hook, line and sinker. You are discussing it as a fact when there is not a shred of evidence to support. Anyone who knows Leeann would tell the very suggestion that she would unilaterally pull the plug on a deal above the head of the manager is laughable. It is totally preposterous.

Are you discussing it as fact it was not the case then? I'm not saying it is or isnt you just seem as strong in your belief as TC23.

woodyhfc4892

Like I said, my opinion is we’re thin.. Lennon on the other hand must think we have good enough youth players coming through ready to fight for a place

SRHibs
I think for what she’s done so far we all owe Leanne the benefit of the doubt in this situation. She’s clearly not a moron so you’d have to imagine there’s a very good reason for us not signing Allan if the opportunity presented itself.

Captain Trips
31-08-2018, 11:41 PM
To prove I'm not being argumentative..........I agree

Ffs :)

silverhibee
31-08-2018, 11:41 PM

Bed wetting heavily tonight F.

Nevi_SOL
31-08-2018, 11:43 PM
I for one am happy with the team at the moment

BegbieHSC
31-08-2018, 11:44 PM
You swallowed it hook, line and sinker. You are discussing it as a fact when there is not a shred of evidence to support. Anyone who knows Leeann would tell the very suggestion that she would unilaterally pull the plug on a deal above the head of the manager is laughable. It is totally preposterous.

Notice certain words in my posts such as “reported” and “something in it.”

In what way does this suggest absolute certainty, or discussion of it as absolute fact? What kind of evidence do you think I can get a hold of?
My position is clear - there’s something potentially in it, I have no idea what that reason could be, and i hope if there is something in it, some light will be shed upon it. It’s not unreasonable under those circumstances to say that I am stunned to contemplate that there could be truth in this.

jeffers
31-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Like I said, my opinion is we’re thin.. Lennon on the other hand must think we have good enough youth players coming through ready to fight for a place

I agree we are thin in certain positions and could definitely have done with more physical presence. My take is NL wanted 2-3 more in but for whatever reasons the deals couldn't be done, but rather than bring in bodies for the sake of it he's decided to go with squad as it is. It's disappointing, particularly regarding Scott Allan, but I'd rather do that than sign a Ross Callachan.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Are you discussing it as fact it was not the case then? I'm not saying it is or isnt you just seem as strong in your belief as TC23. What I have said is I know the person and how she operates and it would be so out of character to be schizophrenic. I am talking person experience and personal insight of one of they people they are talking about. It does not add. It is to simple a story. That story is very binary, the world we live in is non-binary. Life as we all know is complex at times.

McIntosh
31-08-2018, 11:51 PM

In what way does this suggest absolute certainty, or discussion of it as absolute fact? What kind of evidence do you think I can get a hold of?
My position is clear - there’s something potentially in it, I have no idea what that reason could be, and i hope if there is something in it, some light will be shed upon it. It’s not unreasonable under those circumstances to say that I am stunned to contemplate that there could be truth in this. You are back tracking now but your original posts were lets say "less nuanced".

KWJ
31-08-2018, 11:54 PM
Is it not the case that Celtic could reach a settlement to release Scott and then he's free to sign for anybody?

jeffers
31-08-2018, 11:57 PM
Is it not the case that Celtic could reach a settlement to release Scott and then he's free to sign for anybody?

Yes, but he can't sign until the next window.

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2018, 11:59 PM
It is pretty weird though. We wanted him, Celtic wanted rid and the player wanted to come. What happened?

No doubt the £10k a week drop in wages coming to Hibs would have been a factor, and Celtic taking the hump with us over McGinn so blanking us.

What I can't understand is why Hibs can't say to Allan ( via a 3rd party) cancel your contract with Celtic and we'll give you a £xxx xxxK signing on fee? Job done. Maybe we're just waiting to sign him in January with Hyndman going back South.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2018, 12:54 AM

My position is clear - there’s something potentially in it, I have no idea what that reason could be, and i hope if there is something in it, some light will be shed upon it. It’s not unreasonable under those circumstances to say that I am stunned to contemplate that there could be truth in this.

The irony here is you're position isn't clear. "There's something potentially in it". Made me chuckle.

NOLA
01-09-2018, 01:29 AM
Celtic in free fall.

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2018, 02:23 AM
i heard LD is wanting to renew her ST at the vile institution that is sevco, her and scott allan have stitched up hibs and he will be introduced, scarf aloft (him holding one end and dempster the other)to the vile hun in the january window after a big public apology from the orc fans for pelting him with objects, turns out it was just a govan way of showing affection for 'one of their own'

:)

WeeRussell
01-09-2018, 02:25 AM
I think some have got themselves upset because we haven’t signed names they recognise as having played well against us in the past etc, or a number of names that have floated around on here haven’t really had anything in them. When really, our scouting and signing system has managed to bring in some real international-level quality. We’ve lost a few stars that we fully expected to and brought in a few faces that we wouldn’t expect to have.

Personally I was disappointed we never seen Allan return. Not disappointed in Lennon, the board, the player or even Celtic.. just disappointed as I had myself believing he would be back and he’s one of my favourite players in recent years.

I am however happy that we go into another season with a bloody good team capable of challenging at the top-end and climax of every competition. All this after good run in Europe.

It’s been a decent enough transfer window for me and I think we’ll start to appreciate that in time, starting with a performance this afternoon.

Keep the faith.

GreenLake
01-09-2018, 04:45 AM
The manufactured belief engineering is intense tonight.

Can't wait for the next game with 11 players available to pull on the Hibs jersey.

:flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2018, 05:08 AM
Indeed.

That’s a direct quote from Abe Lincoln’s blog :)

eastcoasthibby
01-09-2018, 05:54 AM
All the focus is on SA ...whats the story with any other players that our much invested in and much touted as being quality, recruitment team have identified as being ? If they do such a great job, we.must have had a number list.of targets, so whats happened to any of them.? there has to have been a target list in place all the way through the window ! So why so much of a struggle to get bodies in ? If has been such a struggle to get.the right players in either through wages, fee or not interested, has recruitment been identifying the players in the wrong wage and price bracket ? An indication that this might be reports that Milligan said no initially, and increase in wage offer was put in place to make it happen...no evidence.just a hunch that our real need to get a bit of quality in to this position meant we needed to go beyond the norm in wages.to get him, if we hadnt he wouldnt be here. Which to me asks if the quality we are after and need to progress are.outwith our pay structure, hence hindering us progressing.
I am not advocating silly wages season but if its the issue that our ambitions can't be achieved under our current wage structure, that needs resolved ...cant wait to see the financial report later this year, with particular regards to the increased ST income and attendances which ! Want to see the wage bill for support /backroom staff and how much that has changed as it seems to be a continually growing group of staff, where new wages there are part of the biggest ever playing budget, so would take something away from on the pitch wages.

sean04
01-09-2018, 06:20 AM
I'm disappointed like every one else but let's look at where we are. 2 good keepers now. We have options to play different formations with 3 at the back or 4. We have added goals with mallan. We have a front 2 that once fit could destroy any team in Scotland. We have scary pace out wide with Boyle Horgan and agyepong. Everybody is gutted we didn't get Allan because of the lack of creativity. We have created loads of chances this season. Asterois 2nd half we could had 5/6. Moose home we could Be had 3/4, there keeper was brilliant. We miss chances away in molde. Molde a team that just beat zenit. We shouldve won at st.johnstone and we created more than enough to beat Aberdeen. We're in a very good place with more players to come into the team. Mulligan looks on paper a great signing. Agyepong is meant to be similar to barker but with more pace? That's exciting and going to be fun. Hyndman was is a class player will be 100% fit soon and we will see the best of him. Let's beat Livingston and after the international break we can really have a go

staunchhibby
01-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Will be interesting to see what the club says regarding Scott Allan if what we are hearing re plug being pulled is true and also Lennons thoughts on it.:rolleyes:

green day
01-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Will be interesting to see what the club says regarding Scott Allan if what we are hearing re plug being pulled is true and also Lennons thoughts on it.:rolleyes:

He made his thoughts clear in the press conference yesterday

Jim44
01-09-2018, 06:56 AM
I’m disappointed about Scott Allan especially if there is controversy around his no deal. However, a cake without a cherry can still be very good.

MacGruber
01-09-2018, 06:59 AM
I'm disappointed like every one else but let's look at where we are. 2 good keepers now. We have options to play different formations with 3 at the back or 4. We have added goals with mallan. We have a front 2 that once fit could destroy any team in Scotland. We have scary pace out wide with Boyle Horgan and agyepong. Everybody is gutted we didn't get Allan because of the lack of creativity. We have created loads of chances this season. Asterois 2nd half we could had 5/6. Moose home we could Be had 3/4, there keeper was brilliant. We miss chances away in molde. Molde a team that just beat zenit. We shouldve won at st.johnstone and we created more than enough to beat Aberdeen. We're in a very good place with more players to come into the team. Mulligan looks on paper a great signing. Agyepong is meant to be similar to barker but with more pace? That's exciting and going to be fun. Hyndman was is a class player will be 100% fit soon and we will see the best of him. Let's beat Livingston and after the international break we can really have a go

Thats highlighting a problem for me. Aberdeen and St J - chances created/dropped points - becauae we were missing Kamberi and very little upfront options to go with. We have more goalies in the first team squad than strikers. We will do well with what we have but no doubt we have left ourselves to thin in areas. That will cost us and already has

Spike Mandela
01-09-2018, 07:07 AM
First time I can ever remember going into a season without 4 recognised strikers in the squad.

(Not buying this Boyle as a striker thing. He’s a midfield/winger/wing back or whatever.)

B.H.F.C
01-09-2018, 07:07 AM

Lennon seemed pretty relaxed about it when asked at his presser yesterday. Too relaxed for his boss to have pulled the plug on something over his head.

Brooster
01-09-2018, 07:08 AM

Unless you can elaborate on this I would seriously question your version of events. Who did SA knock back? How long did he wait for Hibs (when did Hibs first approach Celtic), what were the loan terms (loan fee and wage split) and why and when did LD kill the deal?

MacGruber
01-09-2018, 07:12 AM
First time I can ever remember going into a season without 4 recognised strikers in the squad.

(Not buying this Boyle as a striker thing. He’s a midfield/winger/wing back or whatever.)

Yeah - 4 goalies, 3 strikers. A bit imbalanced

Sioux
01-09-2018, 07:13 AM
All the focus is on SA ...whats the story with any other players that our much invested in and much touted as being quality, recruitment team have identified as being ? If they do such a great job, we.must have had a number list.of targets, so whats happened to any of them.? there has to have been a target list in place all the way through the window ! So why so much of a struggle to get bodies in ? If has been such a struggle to get.the right players in either through wages, fee or not interested, has recruitment been identifying the players in the wrong wage and price bracket ? An indication that this might be reports that Milligan said no initially, and increase in wage offer was put in place to make it happen...no evidence.just a hunch that our real need to get a bit of quality in to this position meant we needed to go beyond the norm in wages.to get him, if we hadnt he wouldnt be here. Which to me asks if the quality we are after and need to progress are.outwith our pay structure, hence hindering us progressing.
I am not advocating silly wages season but if its the issue that our ambitions can't be achieved under our current wage structure, that needs resolved ...cant wait to see the financial report later this year, with particular regards to the increased ST income and attendances which ! Want to see the wage bill for support /backroom staff and how much that has changed as it seems to be a continually growing group of staff, where new wages there are part of the biggest ever playing budget, so would take something away from on the pitch wages.

I was told by a trustworthy source that LD found the list and destroyed it.

Clarence
01-09-2018, 07:14 AM
I’m glad we haven’t signed pish players or a load of mercenaries for the sake of it in this window. I think we probably tried to bring in one or two more quality players but it didn’t happen. I’ve no idea what went on behind the scenes but getting Allan back always felt unlikely after Celtic’s carry on with McGinn. I don’t think Celtic are justified in this approach but Lawell seems like a classic petty Old firm type, prone to massive bouts of ‘whitabootery’.

It wasn’t too long ago that the club was touted to players as a stepping stone to the old firm but now because of our more selective recruitment policy and the way we won’t be pushed over by the likes of the old firm, we seem to have a real identity as a destination where players can come and have success.

I was checking for signings as frequently as the next fan but my opinion is that the increased respect that players have for the club, compared to the the pre-dempster era, is more important than headline grabbing window activity.

Jim44
01-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Unless you can elaborate on this I would seriously question your version of events. Who did SA knock back? How long did he wait for Hibs (when did Hibs first approach Celtic), what were the loan terms (loan fee and wage split) and why and when did LD kill the deal?

If LD killed the deal, I am sure it was for reasons in Hibs interests.

Jones28
01-09-2018, 07:15 AM
In Lenny we trust. If he'd wanted more bodies in he'd have gotten them. He would have been a great signing but I really don't see where Allan would fit in to the team. It would have to be at the expense of Mallan, and at this point in time I'd have Mallan in every day of the week:

hibbyfraelibby
01-09-2018, 07:17 AM
No deadline day is for your panic buys because you didnt pkan your acquisitions early enough

Sir David Gray
01-09-2018, 07:17 AM

If he's released now he'll only be able to sign for a club that still has its transfer window open. Failing that he won't be able to sign for any other Scottish club now, until January 1st. He would needed to have been released before midnight last night to then have been free to sign for another Scottish club as a free agent.

If the emergency loan system is still in place he could also sign for a non-Premiership Scottish club if he fancied that.

marinello59
01-09-2018, 07:20 AM

Do we KNOW Celtic wanted rid and do we KNOW that he wanted to come. I very much doubt that anybody in here knows anything about why SA isn’t a Hibs player this morning.

Hibs90
01-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Disappointed. Squad is unbalanced. We are well wesker than last year

Brooster
01-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Yes we all would've liked to have added in certain positions but we didn't and gone are the days when we had to Google names like Matt Thornhill to see how ****ttt they really were. We now only sign players who can make an impact. The new guys are still bedding in and have the potential to take Hibs to another good season.....starting today at Livi!! Get behind them GGTTH.

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2018, 07:24 AM
All speculation. Nobody knows how good the new boys really, how they'll gel, which new youngsters may emerge, who will be injured, suspended etc. We still have one of the better squads in the country.

For what it's worth, I think Rangers have moved ahead of the pack that includes us and A'deen and Hearts have joined it. Otherwise it's pretty much as you were.

BIGK
01-09-2018, 07:24 AM

At the end of the day any deal for any player will always come back to money. I'm guessing Celtic would have been wanting a decent loan fee and a large chunk for his wages. This would , in there mind, offset the fact that he will be leaving next year for now't.

Beefster
01-09-2018, 07:27 AM
At the end of the day any deal for any player will always come back to money. I'm guessing Celtic would have been wanting a decent loan fee and a large chunk for his wages. This would , in there mind, offset the fact that he will be leaving next year for now't.

That’s kind of the point. You’re guessing. Some posters are claiming to state facts without any kind of detail.

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2018, 07:29 AM

Unfortunately this is going to become fact on here now - I wonder if LD will become the new RP when anything goes wrong.

B.H.F.C
01-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Yes we all would've liked to have added in certain positions but we didn't and gone are the days when we had to Google names like Matt Thornhill to see how ****ttt they really were. We now only sign players who can make an impact. The new guys are still bedding in and have the potential to take Hibs to another good season.....starting today at Livi!! Get behind them GGTTH.

Agree with this. We’ve not started a league game with anything resembling our first 11 and are so far unbeaten.

Was a bit disappointed we didn’t get another body in this week. But the window has been far from a disaster. We were never going to replace what we lost like for like so we need to find a way of getting the best out of what we have now. Second half of last season I thought we kind of stumbled on the 352, it worked so we kept playing it. Lennon now needs to find a similar way of getting players like Mallan, Horgan and Boyle in to positions that they can do proper damage.

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2018, 07:33 AM
That’s kind of the point. You’re guessing. Some posters are claiming to state facts without any kind of detail.

Lots of folk hang on these posters every word yet dismiss it if it’s in the paper.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-09-2018, 07:33 AM
At the end of the day LD and NL have a great working relationship

If the deal with Celtic for Allan couldn’t be reached (loan or buy) there must have been a big obstacle or reason for it

I’m hibs we trust

Barney McGrew
01-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Lots of folk hang on these posters every word yet dismiss it if it’s in the paper.

:agree:

Which is highly amusing given the papers generally have a far better track record of actually getting things right.

BH Hibs
01-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Lennon seemed pretty relaxed about it when asked at his presser yesterday. Too relaxed for his boss to have pulled the plug on something over his head.

This is where I am with things. I’m sure Lenny would’ve been raging about having any deal cancelled over his head and I’m sure we would’ve heard from him about it. In fact if it happened as described he would probably have walked. Not saying that Hibs didnt walk away from a deal but I’m sure NL was part of the decision making process or the goalposts moved in some way.

BIGK
01-09-2018, 07:40 AM
At the end of the day , we start this season with a stonger team than we did the start of last. We are by far stonger up front, a better goalie in my opinion and more goals from midfield. The one thing we seem now to be missing is the same energy in midfield. The season is 10 months long and has a transfer window in it. I am taking a big step away from the panic button.

flash
01-09-2018, 07:42 AM

Everybody talk about me please. Outrageous.