PDA

View Full Version : You'll have had your tea then...

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:43 PM
I thought the days of haughty dismissive statements from our Board were over too...seems I was wrong.

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 08:45 PM
I thought the days of haughty dismissive statements from our Board were over too...seems I was wrong.

Evidence?

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Evidence?

Eh, read the latest missive just released on the website?

linlithgowhibbie
31-08-2018, 08:47 PM

Eh!

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Eh, read the latest missive just released on the website?

What makes that haughty or dismissive? What makes you think it's from the Board?

It's a summary of the ins and outs, nothing more, nothing less.

You're way off the mark.

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Who's issuing it then other than the Board? Somebody in the IT team doing it off their ain back? Really have heard it all now...

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2018, 08:52 PM
What makes that haughty or dismissive? What makes you think it's from the Board?

It's a summary of the ins and outs, nothing more, nothing less.

You're way off the mark.

They did misuse the word ‘respectively’. Petrie GTF.

BoomtownHibees
31-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Who's issuing it then? Somebody in the IT team doing it off their ain back? Really have heard it all now...

What’s wrong with the statement, regardless of who it came from?

w pilton hibby
31-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Who's issuing it then other than the Board? Somebody in the IT team doing it off their ain back? Really have heard it all now...

It's from Hibernian Media detailing who has left and who has come in. A statement of the facts.

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Who's issuing it then? Somebody in the IT team doing it off their ain back? Really have heard it all now...

Let me take a wild guess that it's whoever does our Comms and social media - a press officer.

Or perhaps you imagine the Board has spent the evening convened at East Mains poring over redraft after redraft of a carefully crafted collective statement. Then Petrie has carefully dusted down the keyboard and - watched closely by each member of the Board - has typed the statement onto the Hibs website by single finger, letter by letter. Maybe that's what happened, but I think we both know it isn't.

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 08:58 PM
They did misuse the word ‘respectively’. Petrie GTF.

W4nkers, every last bejewelled one of them. What's the collective noun for a Hibs Board? A 'Let Down' - that's the answer. I swear I'll do time.

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Let me take a wild guess that it's whoever does our Comms and social media - a press officer.

Or perhaps you imagine the Board has spent the evening convened at East Mains poring over redraft after redraft of a carefully crafted collective statement. Then Petrie has carefully dusted down the keyboard and - watched closely by each member of the Board - has typed the statement onto the Hibs website by single finger, letter by letter. Maybe that's what happened, but I think we both know it isn't.

Every word that comes out of Easter Road is vetted by Petrie's PR guy David Forsyth, and that includes any utterances by the much maligned fans reps.

That statement has The Boards' dibs all over it, and to suggest it's been arbitrarily issued by the Comms team off their own back is naive in the extreme.

TheCabbage
31-08-2018, 09:02 PM

Not east mains. At least not at 4.30pm when Rod & Leanne rocked up st the stadium as I was passing through after getting Hibs kids tickets.
Guess they were thrashing out a deal with Danny if no one is coming in

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Every word that comes out of Easter Road is vetted by Petrie's PR guy David Forsyth, and that includes any utterances by the much maligned fans reps.

That statement has The Boards' dibs all over it, and to suggest it's been arbitrarily issued by the Comms team off their own back is naive in the extreme.

:faf: It's a list.

majorhibs
31-08-2018, 09:05 PM

Dinnae, please. O.D.S is all over this thread & topic, don’t get him started!

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:07 PM
:faf: It's a list.

Don't have a look at me rolling about laughing emoticon, but as far as " lists" go, that's as near as dammit a "suck it up and shut up" list as you're ever likely to read.

Sioux
31-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Don't have a look at me rolling about laughing emoticon, but as far as " lists" go, that's as near as dammit a "suck it up and shut up" list as you're ever likely to read.

What a state!

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 09:11 PM

I heard that if you record it, and then play it backwards at 33 rpm, you can clearly hear Rod saying "The Allan deal is not dead!"

O'Rourke3
31-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Please post a different one to demonstrate. The rest of us are confused so require the clarity you seem know is missing to but is absent in the news item.

stantonhibby
31-08-2018, 09:14 PM

Lol

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:14 PM
I heard that if you record it, and then play it backwards at 33 rpm, you can clearly hear Rod saying "The Allan deal is not dead!"

If it's Petrie it would definitely be "off the record", though - no pun intended.

Either that or "good morning but don't quote me on that".

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Dinnae, please. O.D.S is all over this thread & topic, don’t get him started!

:angelic: Moi?

Peevemor
31-08-2018, 09:21 PM
FFS. I'm going to stay away from here until the bams calm down.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 09:22 PM
FFS. I'm going to stay away from here until the bams calm down.

January? :greengrin

lyonhibs
31-08-2018, 09:23 PM

Only one suffering from weapons grade paranoia and possessing of an irrational mistrust of those who run this club could possibly glean that from a message posted 90 minutes before the end of the transfer window saying "that's all folks, here's a summary of who's gone and come in"

What a 'mare you're having here :faf:

ancient hibee
31-08-2018, 09:24 PM
January? :greengrin
2020?

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 09:25 PM

That's actually true. Petrie used to be in Black Sabbath and spent years touring with them as a roadie and back-up guitarist for Tony Iommi. Most of the time Iommi was either too out of it to play or was in terrified thrall to Petrie who actually played a lot of the chords in the wings while Tony just mimed on stage. It's a tragic story really.

If you ever get a chance to see the rare pictures of Petrie in spandex and with long hair its well worth a look.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 09:26 PM
That's actually true. Petrie used to be in Black Sabbath and spent years touring with them as a roadie and back-up guitarist for Tony Iommi. Most of the time Iommi was either too out of it to play or was in terrified thrall to Petrie who actually played a lot of the chords in the wings while Tony just mimed on stage. It's a tragic story really.

If you ever get a chance to see the rare pictures of Petrie in spandex and with long hair its well worth a look.

Judas ****ing Priest

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Only one suffering from weapons grade paranoia and possessing of an irrational mistrust of those who run this club could possibly glean that from a message posted 90 minutes before the end of the transfer window saying "that's all folks, here's a summary of who's gone and come in"

What a 'mare you're having here :faf:

Don't mistrust them at all - just think our Board are scared of their own shadow - in fact i'm surprised your average Hibs director goes out the front door in the morning - think of the risks involved?

Or maybe they're just paranoid...

1875godsgift
31-08-2018, 09:28 PM

:agree: Personally I'd have much preferred a "get yir cleanest kechs on son, yir gonna get yir Nat King Cole" kind of list.

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:29 PM
:agree: Personally I'd have much preferred a "get yir cleanest kechs on son, yir gonna get yir Nat King Cole" kind of list.

Each to their own, I suppose.

Beefster
31-08-2018, 09:32 PM

I normally like to give folk positive feedback on their performances. In this case though, you’re making a right tit of yourself.

stantonhibby
31-08-2018, 09:33 PM
I normally like to give folk positive feedback on their performances. In this case though, you’re making a right tit of yourself.

10/10

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Bang on mate … I'm absolutely raging. Who the hell do Hibs think they are publishing a summary of ins and outs on their website. Where the hell is the apology for not signing Scott Allan or bringing back Leigh Griffiths?

Tell you what else … all we get is the club saying Marciano has had an operation on an injured finger … which finger FFS? .. there are 8 of the bloody things and two thumbs .. was it a thumb?we should be told !!!

Its back to the bad old days … I for one am close to walking away !!!! :grr:

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:35 PM

That kind of corporate management speak would fit right in at Easter Road.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Don't mistrust them at all - just think our Board are scared of their own shadow - in fact i'm surprised your average Hibs director goes out the front door in the morning - think of the risks involved?

:agree: They’re all too busy running their ponzi scheme...

Beefster
31-08-2018, 09:37 PM
That kind of corporate management speak would fit right in at Easter Road.

Corporate bull**** phrase generator #1:

“Let’s raise that up the flagpole and see who’s up for making a right tit of themselves.”

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:37 PM
:agree: They’re all too busy running their ponzi scheme...

Sheesh...any chance of some originality on any of these retorts?

SaulGoodman
31-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Inb4 "Accepting Mediocrity" gets posted

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Corporate bull**** phrase generator #1:

“Let’s raise that up the flagpole and see who’s up for making a right tit of themselves.”

Oh dear - that kind of intemperate talk gets you stripped of your beige cardigan in HR circles does it not?

brianmc
31-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Oh dear - that kind of intemperate talk gets you stripped of your beige cardigan in HR circles does it not?

As I'm a latecomer to this thread could you summarise what the issue is?
Ta.

lyonhibs
31-08-2018, 09:50 PM

You what? :faf:

majorhibs
31-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Corporate Hibs.net elitists dissing other posters? Never?

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 09:51 PM
As I'm a latecomer to this thread could you summarise what the issue is?
Ta.

Contrary to the norm he appears to want a strongly worded statement FROM the Board. Or perhaps the exact opposite. It's hard to tell.

Beefster
31-08-2018, 09:53 PM

My cardigan is actually taupe and I work in the ‘Wellbeing and Healthy Eating’ dept. We hate the HR folks.

A Hi-Bee
31-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Hey the posters opinion is as valid as any other on this forum, right or wrong in my humble opinion of course.

:greengrin

Scotty Leither
31-08-2018, 09:57 PM
My cardigan is actually taupe and I work in the ‘Wellbeing and Healthy Eating’ dept. We hate the HR folks.

Congratulations...don't apply for the "comical responses department" whatever you do - the feedback I'd give you on that is you're definitely a "developing performer" .

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 09:57 PM

I beg your pardon? Come ahead if you think you're equality trained enough.

jacomo
31-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Inb4 "Accepting Mediocrity" gets posted

“I’m ambitious. Sorry not sorry if that upsets you.”

SaulGoodman
31-08-2018, 10:08 PM
So what did we all have for our tea then?

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 10:11 PM

That won't fly on this thread Saul. Though I'll tell you right now I'm drinking prosecco, just wolfed some cheddar cheese with sea salt and pepper crackers and now scoffing mozzarella stuffed cherry peppers.

It's been a great transfer window.

Eyrie
31-08-2018, 10:12 PM

Talisker Storm.

Bandito59
31-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Is this the worst ever thread on Hibs.net?

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 10:15 PM

Stick around, young pup. This isn't even on that scale.:greengrin

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 10:15 PM

:agree: We could and should have signed a better one.

matty_f
31-08-2018, 10:17 PM
:agree: We could and should have signed a better one.

There's still time...

SaulGoodman
31-08-2018, 10:21 PM
There's still time...

Our activity in making the worst Hibs.net thread has now concluded, with eight trainwrecks, six of which Have resulted in bans for their OP's, Added to the vault. A summary of our ***** Transfer threads can be found at the link below

KWJ
31-08-2018, 10:22 PM
They do suggest that MacLaren is on loan from a English premier league team so fake news there eh.

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Our activity in making the worst Hibs.net thread has now concluded, with eight trainwrecks, six of which Have resulted in bans for their OP's, Added to the vault. A summary of our ***** Transfer threads can be found at the link below

How haughty is that? Nae need. :bitchy:

SaulGoodman
31-08-2018, 10:29 PM
How haughty is that? Nae need. :bitchy:

I know! It was written by Tom Farmer

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Thread/post deletion is way too hasty on this forum, what was that thread about the protest deleted for? Nothing offensive was said at all, was shaping up to be a cracker. 'Hunbernian' :faf:

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Thread/post deletion is way too hasty on this forum, what was that thread about the protest deleted for? Nothing offensive was said at all, was shaping up to be a cracker. 'Hunbernian' :faf:

I haven't seen the thread, but maybe the OP deleted it?

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 10:34 PM
I haven't seen the thread, but maybe the OP deleted it?

Nah, it was started by NAE NOOKIE, deleted by HNA8

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Nah, it was started by NAE NOOKIE, deleted by HNA8

:aok: