PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW SUMMARY

RSS Bot
31-08-2018, 08:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9149)

Baw187
31-08-2018, 08:43 PM
The reality is, we are not a club in a position to continually strengthen year on year especially when we do well the previous season and have assets to move on. We look in decent shape and with a fair wind (nae injuries) we’ll do ok until January when we might be in a better position to get a few more in to supplement what we have.

I think folk need to get real with their expectations.

Thecat23
31-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Think we are way short.

GreenCastle
31-08-2018, 08:44 PM
20 pager coming up

Joe6-2
The reality is, we are not a club in a position to continually strengthen year on year especially when we do well the previous season and have assets to move on. We look in decent shape and with a fair wind (nae injuries) we’ll do ok until January when we might be in a better position to get a few more in to supplement what we have.

That’s the worry, injuries!!

The Spaceman
No Scott Allan in the outs or ins...oh Hibs you tease :greengrin

That'll be that then.

Diclonius

It's difficult to do that when our rivals for 2nd and 3rd have considerably strengthened this window, regardless of their apparently superior resources.

Bob Box Fish
Whittaker centre mid can’t wait ...

Nicho87
31-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Swanson and Martin released. No replacements.

Genius.

Pretty Boy
So that’s that then.

Decent window, probably lacking the one showbiz signing every club wants but Kamberi and MacLaren back is good business. Mallan and Horgan look quality and I’m sure there is more to come from Hyndman. The emergence of Porteous to confirm what we all knew is like a new signing as well.

I’d probably say I’m a little disappointed but we’re in good shape all things considered.

Scotty Leither

What's the "expectation" then?

hfc rd
Think we are way short.

We are indeed.

Take nothing away, we have made some good signings but it’s evident that we are weaker. If injuries and suspensions begin to occur to our key players, then it’s very worrying

Hibee Mac
Very surprised with that, we are short.

No where near the team that finished last season

Baw187
It's difficult to do that when our rivals for 2nd and 3rd have considerably strengthened this window, regardless of their apparently superior resources.

But they were in a worse position than us last year! And it’s not set in stone that they’re hugely stronger than us despite their good start!

Bleeds green
31-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Think we are way short.

Perhaps we have finished tonight but have freed up wages in hope Allan may agree a severance package with Celtic in coming days??

The Spaceman
31-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Still think we have had a good window. But think the statements about our "biggest ever budget" probably weren't the best idea!

Lee Marvin
31-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Our squad is terribly unbalanced. A long term injury to milligan or Kamberi and we are struggling

So so disappointed

H18 SFR
Perhaps we have finished tonight but have freed up wages in hope Allan may agree a severance package with Celtic in coming days??

Needs to be agreed before midnight or he can't sign until January for anyone.

HibbyKeith
We are indeed.

Take nothing away, we have made some good signings but it’s evident that we are weaker. If injuries and suspensions begin to occur to our key players, then it’s very worrying

prepare for a season of getting bullied in the final third. god help us if Kamberi gets injured.

supermcginn
Shocked tbh, we need a lot of luck with injuries till january.

Thecat23

Can’t see it.

horseflesh

Why might we be in a better position in January?

givescotlandfreedom
Weaker than what we finished with for sure.

Ozyhibby
And Lennon must be pretty disappointed now after saying he wanted a couple in this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
31-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Remember when we got rid of our top scorers mid season..

The rest is history..

But we did bring in better...

We have good young players but would have expected 1 more potential starter especially with Bartley injured.

cabbage_88
31-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Absoltuely dire from Hibs. We be had plenty time to source out plenty targets. Feel we're behind our rivals in terms of a squad.

Very poor.

Santa Cruz
31-08-2018, 08:49 PM
There must have been money there to spend? Disappointing

Baw187
What's the "expectation" then?

Who’s expectation? Mine?

That we stay on the coat tails of Aberdeen and Hearts with what we have and then build from there.

We built the squad we had up over the last few years and were never going to repair the hit of losing McGinn and Dylan in one summer. I think we’ve done well considering and a club our size doesn’t have the draw or finances to always get the guys we want.

Ronniekirk

It's not happening time to move on

Just Jimmy
31-08-2018, 08:50 PM
biggest budget yet.

Europa money
mcginn money
season sales

I'm happy with what's come in but I'm in no way content with where we are. probably a bit like how Lennon feels.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
Certainly not perfect; we look light. Just have to make do now and see how we fair until January.

JimBHibees
Would have expected at minimum cover at striker and centre back especially with Darren and Flo injured. Also honestly thought we would have had a more box to box midfielder. Don't see the balance there. Hope Milligan is good when he gets here.

Real Emerald
Who won, the bedwetters or happy clappers? 😂

kevo1875
31-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Makes no sense to me to say we are hoping of getting a couple in (that tells us Lennon knows we are not strong enough squad wise) . Then let 2 players go with no replacements coming in ????

Ronniekirk
There must have been money there to spend? Disappointing

There is but we could get the players we wanted

Allant1981

Genius.

we already have a lot of midfielders, and martin wasn't exactly a regular first team player

Bleeds green
Needs to be agreed before midnight or he can't sign until January for anyone.

Really? Would he not then just become a free agent essentially?

madhatter
31-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Shocking window. Half our “signings” are on loan. I’m struggling to work out where the money is going...our squad keeps getting smaller year on year. Stevenson, Hanlon and McGregor out for an extended time and we’ll be all over the place. Same if Kamberi and MacLaren get injured.

Avoiding injuries and suspensions we’ll do ok. Get 3-4 injuries and we’ll playing the youth players (Mackie is Stevenson’s backup I’m guessing...)

Baw187
31-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Why might we be in a better position in January?

There are a load of reasons. Players closer to end of their contracts. Different players becoming available that aren’t currently. I could go on....

Don’t neglect the fact we’ve brought in some good players this summer, just a few short but a good effort nonetheless.

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 08:53 PM
McGinn money, record season ticket sales 3 years in a row and Europa league money does not justify four loans, a free transfer, two nominal fees and a release clause. We haven't spent what we had available and the squad is weaker than last season.

The board is taking a massive gamble (again) - it took just 3 years for us to go from crowds like the ones we have now to 9,000.

murray26
31-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Slightly disappointing.. but we don’t have a bottomless pit of cash.. we can’t afford to many injuries but glad we haven’t signed any jersey fillers. We can still challenge for 4 th but it with be difficult.. mon the Hibs

Robbo6-2
31-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Really disappointed we couldn't get Allan back in.

What a waste of a talent

Hibeewilly
Have to agree. I'm totally shocked. It'll be interesting to hear Lennys comments over the weekend.....I cant see him not venting his frustration at this. Totally underwhelmimg

Speedway
biggest budget yet.

Europa money
mcginn money
season sales

I'm happy with what's come in but I'm in no way content with where we are. probably a bit like how Lennon feels.

Plus cash from catering concessions!

Baw187
Still think we have had a good window. But think the statements about our "biggest ever budget" probably weren't the best idea!

Just cause you’ve got the budget, doesn’t mean to say you buy any old *****! Hibs had targets, got some and missed out on others. For now.

Ronniekirk
31-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Our squad is terribly unbalanced. A long term injury to milligan or Kamberi and we are struggling

So so disappointed

Neither playing tomorrow but wesbould get a win to cheer us up

Ilovehibs
McGinn money, record season ticket sales 3 years in a row and Europa league money does not justify four loans, a free transfer, two nominal fees and a release clause. We haven't spent what we had available and the squad is weaker than last season.

The board is taking a massive gamble (again) - it took just 3 years for us to go from crowds like the ones we have now to 9,000.

Agreed. Add in 150k for Simon Murray.

Bobby's Cinema
I think we’ve done good business, but short a midfielder.

I would have said long odds getting Kamberi and JMac back

As a poster said on another thread much to be positive about, quality over quantity works for me

SteveHFC
31-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Plus they expect us to pay for HSL for transfers etc.

hfc rd
we already have a lot of midfielders, and martin wasn't exactly a regular first team player

The point he is making is if injuries and suspensions begin to occur to our key players, then it’s going to be very worrying to say the least

madhibee_again
I can’t make up my mind. We have brought in quality there’s no doubt about it, unfortunately due to injuries, work permits, fitness we’ve barely seen the majority of our new signings, leaving us in a bit of a “meh” position. Strangely if we’d signed Allan, most fans would’ve thought this to be a phenomenal window. Does one player make a window? We appear to have paid six figure fees for at least three players this window, when was the last time that happened at Hibs? Two of these players fit the model of buying young players with sell on opportunity, what Horgan may still fit that bracket.

We’ve signed an experienced, sitting midfielder fresh from playing g at the World Cup for his country, filling a position most fans felt required to be filled. A player fresh from playing in the World Cup signing for Hibs, when did that last happen?

All of the above, and I still can’t work out how I feel. Losing McGinn has been massive and for me has really impacted the way I feel about this window. But he was irreplaceable, in his mould.

euro Hibby
Ok with the window and knowing that we can dip in again in January when we have had some time to see how this lot gels. Remember the development squad have some good players and if that is EFE confirmed also as a stayer
I do not think it is that bad. Other teams have pushed the boat right out but I am confident we will ne Ok . No point filling the squad with players who are not committed to coming.

Speedway
31-08-2018, 08:57 PM

And the money from the Happy Hibee draws.

wookie70
Imo we are weaker up front, weaker in midfield and if Daz isn't going to play many games probably weaker at the back. The good news is we are better in the GK department but if Rocky gets fit, stays fit and returns to form that won't make a difference. We are goosed if Flo stays injured or picks up another injury or simply looses form. If Milligan is any good he better prepare for a long hard season. Hopefully the new covered 11 a side pitch will be getting started soon as despite some decent signings we have went backwards since last year and backwards from 4th is no European football.

We need a shed load of luck on injuries and form of players and Lennon coming up with a way that fits our best players into the starting 11. Even then we will be battling out for fourth at best imo

GloryGlory

He'll have to agree a severance package by midnight tonight, otherwise he can't play for us before the January window opens.

04Sauzee
31-08-2018, 08:58 PM

Was there not also money received for Maclaren being at the World Cup?

Real Emerald
Have to agree. I'm totally shocked. It'll be interesting to hear Lennys comments over the weekend.....I cant see him not venting his frustration at this. Totally underwhelmimg

He won’t be here if we go backwards after the platform we had to progress, so disappointing, so Hibs. It’s the last 40/50 years of breaking up teams and not replacing all over again. 18k average crowds 😳 enjoy while it lasts.

Danderhall Hibs
Really? Would he not then just become a free agent essentially?

If you’re under contract when the window closes you can’t sign for anyone until the window opens again.

Swanson’s been released now so he can go and negotiate and sign for someone next week.

Dancehibs

We got millions for John. Time will tell if we have went backwards. We are very short up top. No Flo tomorrow. Lewis Allan could make the bench.

Danderhall Hibs

And the profit made on the half time pies.

Santa Cruz
31-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Just cause you’ve got the budget, doesn’t mean to say you buy any old *****! Hibs had targets, got some and missed out on others. For now.

Anyone any idea who we missed out on? Apart from Allan

Clutching at straws here but in theory the Scott Allan deal could still be on. If he gets himself released from Celtic before midnight then we could sign him tomorrow.

Hibernia&Alba
Really disappointed we couldn't get Allan back in.

What a waste of a talent

Yes, it's a shame; he'll be lucky to get any game time at all before the January window. Seems we tried.

Barman Stanton
31-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Hoping there must be some out of contract players we are still after. A couple of injuries and we are f*****. Which is already shown against Aberdeen with Kamberi not playing .

Captain Trips
I'm not interested in who we might get in January that's 5 months away and we will have played a fair whack of the season.

Allan or A N Other would be good now not in 5 months.

Diclonius
Clutching at straws here but in theory the Scott Allan deal could still be on. If he gets himself released from Celtic before midnight then we could sign him tomorrow.

If Celtic release Allan he'll go to Rangers.

leither17

I bought a Capri sun on Saturday

Baw187
31-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Anyone any idea who we missed out on? Apart from Allan

No idea mate. But given Lennon was spinning plates, evidently we had a few on our radar.

Sounds like we were trying for Christie according to one of the Journos on Twitter.

Speedway

And the programme sales.

Hibeewilly

K.Marx

I just don’t get the impression he’ll be in a massive hurry to leave. Just needs to wait out another year on good wages then he’ll have his choice to go where he wants (hopefully us).

Hibernia&Alba
If Celtic release Allan he'll go to Rangers.

He'd be flavour of the month at Mordor :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
31-08-2018, 09:02 PM
I'm confused.
It's only 10pm with 2 hours to go to the end of the window and we appear to have downed tools and given up getting any one else in.
Am I missing something?

ancient hibee
The point he is making is if injuries and suspensions begin to occur to our key players, then it’s going to be very worrying to say the least
At the moment we have injuries at goalie,central defence,midfield and upfront.We are undefeated in domestic games,got better results against Aberdeen and Motherwell than we did in the corresponding games last season including comfortably beating a team Rangers could only draw with.All the injured players will strengthen the side.What a bunch of moaning wimps.:greengrin plus of course the usual suspects who can’t wait to have a go at the club.

Speedway
I'm confused.
It's only 10pm with 2 hours to go to the end of the window and we appear to have downed tools and given up getting any one else in.
Am I missing something?

Yes.

Allant1981
I'm confused.
Am I missing something?

probably had knock backs for our targets and no time to get others in now

04Sauzee
31-08-2018, 09:03 PM
I just don’t get the impression he’ll be in a massive hurry to leave. Just needs to wait out another year on good wages then he’ll have his choice to go where he wants (hopefully us).

A year playing no football will not do him any good at all unless it's all about the bank balance.

500miles
31-08-2018, 09:04 PM
......... Marciano
Gray.. Efe... Hanlon.. Lewis
...Milligan..Mallan
Boyle...Horgan..Agyepong
.......Kamberi

..........Marciano
....Efe..Hanlon..Porteous
Gray............... Lewis
........ Milligan
..... Mallan. Horgan
... Maclaren. Kamberi

........ Marciano
.Gray..Efe...Hanlon. Lewis
.....Milligan.Mallan
Boyle..............Horgan
....Kamberi.. Maclaren

Where would these additional signings fit in?

Dancehibs
biggest budget yet.

Europa money
mcginn money
season sales

HSL cash. Board squandering cash on match day hosts . FFS.

madhatter

Huge gamble. We can mock Hearts for signings loads of players but which is truly better - signing a lot of players ready for first team football, possibly failing and being financially affected by this failure; or having a tiny squad, hoping to avoid injuries, possibly failing and seeing your fan numbers plummet fast (as most question, where is all the money going?), and also being affected financially by failure.

We are clearly doing a “Celtic” as far as I’m concerned. Getting far too comfortable with perceived success and not strengthening as much as we should. We went into Europe this year weaker than last season and then sold McGinn, making us even weaker. Hope I’m wrong but our squad is much weaker than last season (especially in middle of the park), McGinn and McGeouch were a level above what we have now.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Anybody genuinely think we are a better squad than last season?

Dancehibs
31-08-2018, 09:05 PM
A year playing no football will not do him any good at all unless it's all about the bank balance.
He’s hardly played any football in his career. Another year won’t make much difference

ancient hibee
31-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Huge gamble. We can mock Hearts for signings loads of players but which is truly better - signing a lot of players ready for first team football, possibly failing and being financially affected by this failure; or having a tiny squad, hoping to avoid injuries, possibly failing and seeing your fan numbers plummet fast (as most question, where is all the money going?), and also being affected financially by failure.

We are clearly doing a “Celtic” as far as I’m concerned. Getting far too comfortable with perceived success and not strengthening as much as we should. We went into Europe this year weaker than last season and then sold McGinn, making us even weaker. Hope I’m wrong but our squad is much weaker than last season (especially in middle of the park), McGinn and McGeouch were a level above what we have now.
Would that be because we can’t buy a £3M footballer?

Captain Trips
31-08-2018, 09:06 PM
......... Marciano
Gray.. Efe... Hanlon.. Lewis
...Milligan..Mallan
Boyle...Horgan..Agyepong
.......Kamberi

..........Marciano
....Efe..Hanlon..Porteous
Gray............... Lewis
........ Milligan
..... Mallan. Horgan
... Maclaren. Kamberi

........ Marciano
.Gray..Efe...Hanlon. Lewis
.....Milligan.Mallan
Boyle..............Horgan
....Kamberi.. Maclaren

Where would these additional signings fit in?

In the places where some of them get injured or forced the ones you stated out the team.

K.Marx
31-08-2018, 09:07 PM

He has a young family. Maybe happy picking up 6k a week (or thereabouts). Would like to think he’d be busting a gut to come back to us but the guys doing this for a living, he’s not a hibs fan.

Hopefully im wrong and he’s smashing Lawells door down now demanding to be relased from his contact 😆

Santa Cruz
No idea mate. But given Lennon was spinning plates, evidently we had a few on our radar.

Sounds like we were trying for Christie according to one of the Journos on Twitter.

Cool mate. I think Allan or Christie would have made it a decent window.

Inconsequential
Bit disappointing the transfer deadline day has turned into a bit of a damp squib. 9 out and only 8 in and if you consider that Kamberi and McLaren were re-signed rather than new signings that would be six in. 3 recognised strikers to get us through to the Jan window not good.

Lee Marvin

I'll answer on everyone's behalf.

No. No we do not!

Allant1981
31-08-2018, 09:08 PM

when everyone is fit i think we have a pretty good squad

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 09:09 PM
We opened our presents early this year, if Kamberi was a deadline day signing we'd justifiably be pissing our pants. Wouldn't be surprised if we signed a free agent after the deadline either.

One Day Soon

If that's your hope I think you're already right that you're wrong.

Gordy M
I'll answer on everyone's behalf.

No. No we do not!

You mean the end of last season or the start........we only got our strike force in Jan which made us really push on. Midfield possibly weaker but il wait until i see Horgan Milligan and Aygepong before i judge........

matty_f
31-08-2018, 09:10 PM

Genius.

Yes, it's mental that we've not replaced two players who barely get near the starting eleven.

Think we need to calm down a bit here.

Baw187
31-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Cool mate. I think Allan or Christie would have made it a decent window.

Agree.

To be honest I’d rather be trying for them and missing out than signing the same quality as the guys we’ve let go. Letting Danny and Martin go without replacements is a sign of the standard we’re looking for at the club and those types of players aren’t easy to get.

Speedway
31-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Yes, it's mental that we've not replaced two players who barely get near the starting eleven.

Good luck bringing that to pass, Matty.

Big_Franck
31-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Very disappointed we didn't add to the squad in the last week of the transfer window. The club can't blame a shortage of funds and we had plenty of time to get in the necessary squad depth.

We're now weaker than last season while our rivals have strengthened. Brilliant.

matty_f

How many players do you think we'd get for what will be spent on match day hosts?

One Day Soon

I actually think we will be a better team than last season.

Squad is a different story, but then we're now in the quality not quantity game so that's part of the price you pay. I also think we will still see a player or two coming in.

I also suspect Lennon was after one or two specific players he saw as bringing in quality and when they weren't available or affordable he chose to wait rather than spend the money anyway on something else he didn't think good enough.

JimboHibs

What were last week's numbers.

matty_f
Good luck bringing that to pass, Matty.

Ever the happy clapper, me!

madhatter
31-08-2018, 09:14 PM
when everyone is fit i think we have a pretty good squad

Stevenson, Hanlon and McGregor all out at once and we’d be an absolute mess. We’ve been very fortunate with Lewis, he’s hardly missed a game in years. McGregor seems to have similar issue to Whittaker - problem that can’t be fixed and needs managed. Hanlon and McGregor out means Efe and Porteous at CB for now, Milligan might be the option eventually.

All players fit last season vs all players fit this season. I’d take last seasons squad any day of the week.

CropleyWasGod

Yup. Paddy costs us a fortune in Bovrils and steak pies. :agree:

matty_f
We opened our presents early this year, if Kamberi was a deadline day signing we'd justifiably be pissing our pants. Wouldn't be surprised if we signed a free agent after the deadline either.

Good point. :agree:

Speedway
31-08-2018, 09:15 PM

23, 62, 0, 7 and the letter H

JimboHibs
31-08-2018, 09:16 PM
23, 62, 0, 7 and the letter H

Damm 👍😎

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Here's our first and second XIs as it stands:

(first team)

Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan

Maclaren Kamberi

(backups)

Bogdan

Whittaker Ambrose Porteous Mackie

Slivka Murray Bartley Hyndman Agyepong

Shaw

Our other first team player is Laidlaw.

One Day Soon
31-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Whatever they were it won't have been good enough and our rivals will have done it better. Am I doing this right?

we are hibs
31-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Bed wetters though..

HFC_NYC
Well that's a letdown. Just in from work, opened my first beer in anticipation of a few hours of hitting the refresh button with much anticipation. Ah well, I'll just enjoy my beers and think about what might have been.

Ray_
So that’s that then.

Decent window, probably lacking the one showbiz signing every club wants but Kamberi and MacLaren back is good business. Mallan and Horgan look quality and I’m sure there is more to come from Hyndman. The emergence of Porteous to confirm what we all knew is like a new signing as well.

I’d probably say I’m a little disappointed but we’re in good shape all things considered.

Don't agree, very light up front & a serious injury to a key player in most positions would have us struggling.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Should’ve left Kamberi’s signing until today and we’d all have been over the moon.

Big mistake by Lennon and the board there.

lord bunberry
Can I just say this. If hibs think that after not signing anyone today after letting our 3 best midfielders go I’m going to spend upwards of £100 going to see hibs play Livingston in a ****ty wee stadium in West Lothian then they’re absolutely right.

Inconsequential
I have just gone from negative to a positive in a few minutes! Remember the January signings when Kamberi and McLaren were signed and most of us were a bit puzzled and look how that turned out. We have yet to see Agyepong and Milligan play and some others have still to find their feet. Maybe we should keep the faith and trust the management.

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Here's our first and second XIs as it stands:

(first team)

Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan

Maclaren Kamberi

(backups)

Bogdan

Whittaker Ambrose Porteous Mackie

Slivka Murray Bartley Hyndman Agyepong

Shaw

Our other first team player is Laidlaw.

That strikes me as a strong squad.

Austinho
31-08-2018, 09:20 PM
At least we’ll have that new training pitch to keep us competitive this season.

matty_f
31-08-2018, 09:21 PM

It's definitely not bad.

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 09:22 PM

After looking at it I do feel better. I'm just concerned that we've lost a lot of physical presence.

Gordy M
Don't agree, very light up front & a serious injury to a key player in most positions would have us struggling.

I keep seeing this written but its the same for every team....if mo salah gets injured for Liverpool, then they would be weaker? Of course. Its the same for every team in the land.

We have started the season with 4 first team players injured and 2 new signings who havent even played and we have lost ONE game away in Norway.

Not In The Know
So that’s that then.

I agree with you PB. We are all a fickle bunch. But just think if Kamberi’s deal had dragged on until 11:59 tonight and then we finally got it over the line. That would feel like the marquee signing.

madhatter
At least we’ll have that new training pitch to keep us competitive this season.

We've got Powerhouse fitness stuff as well!

ancient hibee
Like Marciano,McGregor,Bartley and Kamberi you mean?

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 09:24 PM
It's definitely not bad.

A free agent or two and Scott Allan on a pre-contract and we're all good boys :agree:

hibby6270
31-08-2018, 09:24 PM
We’ll have our traditional “Saturday signing” tomorrow. Just you watch. The club are keeping us in suspense and will announce Scotty tomorrow to keep up the recent Saturday fun and games.:wink:

.Sean.
31-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Me too. I was a bit apprehensive but when you see it in black and white we do look strong.

Very unbalanced but loads of quality.

31-08-2018, 09:26 PM
After looking at it I do feel better. I'm just concerned that we've lost a lot of physical presence.

Tomorrow will be a good test of that.

madhatter
31-08-2018, 09:28 PM
I keep seeing this written but its the same for every team....if mo salah gets injured for Liverpool, then they would be weaker? Of course. Its the same for every team in the land.

We have started the season with 4 first team players injured and 2 new signings who havent even played and we have lost ONE game away in Norway.

Mo Salah injury would possibly mean Strurridge gets played (experienced player).

Kamberi injured means we play Shaw (talented youngster).

Our squad isn’t bad but it’s strange how short we are in some key areas. Think we can all agree on the shortness in areas.

Not In The Know
31-08-2018, 09:29 PM
How many players do you think we'd get for what will be spent on match day hosts?

Anyone saying the HSL cash should be making a difference needs to get into the real world. We’d be lucky if it covers the annual maintenance bill on 2 of the 4 stands at ER.

Like it or lump it the additional FoH funds compared to HSL are the reason the jumbos have invested more in their squad.

sorry Matty not linking to you. Just the troll dancehibs

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Whittaker centre mid can’t wait ...

Did the job against Aberdeen last weekend

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Like Marciano,McGregor,Bartley and Kamberi you mean?

Bartley should not be considered a key player.

He couldn’t get a game last year. If he is a key player then we have taken a big step back.

He could be useful at times. But he’s not, or shouldn’t be, a. Key player.

1875STEVE
31-08-2018, 09:34 PM
I don't get this "our rivals have strethenned"

Yeah ok Rangers have, but they have spent a lot.

Aberdeen?? not for me, lost Rooney, Maclean and Stewart.

McGinn aint the same player since he returned, May is half the player that went to england, just dont see it. Wilson will be a good signing for them other than that?????

Radium
31-08-2018, 09:35 PM

September version that lost to Hamilton or February version that beat Aberdeen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 09:36 PM
I don't get this "our rivals have strethenned"

Yeah ok Rangers have, but they have spent a lot.

Aberdeen?? not for me, lost Rooney, Maclean and Stewart.

McGinn aint the same player since he returned, May is half the player that went to england, just dont see it. Wilson will be a good signing for them other than that?????

They lost Christie as well.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Anyone saying the HSL cash should be making a difference needs to get into the real world. We’d be lucky if it covers the annual maintenance bill on 2 of the 4 stands at ER.

Like it or lump it the additional FoH funds compared to HSL are the reason the jumbos have invested more in their squad.

They’ve signed a hell of a lot of players but I’m sceptical about how much they’ve invested as such.

Two of them are away on loan already. And how many of the players they’ve signed will be on decent money? Lafferty’s wage probably pays at least 4 of them given what he was apparently on.

ancient hibee
31-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Wonder how Celtic fans feel tonight?

jacomo
31-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Ok I’ve looked up our first team squad page on the fishy site and it’s a shambles.

But what I would say is that we have a good 1st 11, some good squad players who could maybe do more (Slivka I’m looking at you kid) and a talented crop of young players who did very well last season.

I want to see our players bust a gut to get in this team. Injuries and suspensions will happen and I want fringe players to prove how good they are.

It’s all to play for. Let’s see it.

1875STEVE
31-08-2018, 09:46 PM
They lost Christie as well.

Right enough. :thumbsup:

Ray_
31-08-2018, 09:49 PM

Yes and after three games, two at home, we have dropped four points, that is not top four form.

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Wonder how Celtic fans feel tonight?

Absolutely fuming I would expect, they have been given a near miraculous gift in Rangers' collapse and I would have thought they'd be fighting tooth and nail to maintain the gap between them. Seems almost negligent what they've done.

ancient hibee
31-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Absolutely fuming I would expect, they have been given a near miraculous gift in Rangers' collapse and I would have thought they'd be fighting tooth and nail to maintain the gap between them. Seems almost negligent what they've done.
Wonder if Rogers will be looking down south.He’s been made to look a complete mug today and as he’s a partner in a property business worth £100M he doesn’t have to stay for the money.

Gordy M
31-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Yes and after three games, two at home, we have dropped four points, that is not top four form.

No it isnt but then we have potentially 6 players to come into the team....

Hibernia&Alba
31-08-2018, 10:01 PM

They couldn't turn down £20 million for an injury prone player desperate to leave; and they paid £9 million for Edouard, so can afford to let Dembele go.

Gordy M
31-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Did Mulumbu sign for Celtic? I saw it on here but didnt see anything official?

Zazu62
31-08-2018, 10:25 PM

He’s a free agent so can sign whenever I think

04Sauzee
31-08-2018, 10:32 PM
He’s a free agent so can sign whenever I think

Sure they announced him on a 2 year

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 10:32 PM

Pretty sure it’s official. Luke Shanley mentioned it on SSN this morning.

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 10:41 PM
They couldn't turn down £20 million for an injury prone player desperate to leave; and they paid £9 million for Edouard, so can afford to let Dembele go.

Yeah they will have few complaints about Dembele but overall they're weaker than last season and they've got a lot of players who need a rocket up their arse or to be moved on - Sinclair for example. They did nothing in the Champions League last year and and I would have thought they'd be strengthening this year rather than weakening.

lucky
31-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs are weaker. Rangers are stronger god knows what Hearts are after signing hundreds of players. I sill think we will be competing for third with the Dons and Yams.

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Five minutes for Celtic to release Allan/Christie.

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 11:08 PM

Genius.Yeah very underwhelming Hibs.. what a disappointing day

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Still think we have had a good window. But think the statements about our "biggest ever budget" probably weren't the best idea!No not LDs wisest decision saying that...

Springbank
31-08-2018, 11:38 PM
our transférs are imbalanced

a midfield that lacks présence & dig and that give opponents space to drop crosses in

a goalie who wont come for crosses

the absolute recipe for Craig levein's dreams

this midfield better prove me wrong

the goalie too

not at all happy with this failure to sign Scott allan

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2018, 11:43 PM
10 players out and 8 players in. Overall I feel we are weakened compared to last season with McGinn, McGeouch and Allan out; 3 exceptional players.

Most other sides appear to have strengthened other than Celtic. Will be tough to finish in the top 4 I feel. It's along run to the January window; there's something like 8 games in December alone. A few injuries to key players and we'll struggle.

Chorley Hibee
31-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Really disappointed, and can't believe that Lennon won't be of the same opinion too.

We weren't ready for Europe, but we were told to be patient and wait on the squad being assembled for the league instead.

Unfortunately, I don't believe we're ready for that now either.

Michael
31-08-2018, 11:46 PM
No not LDs wisest decision saying that...

Doesn't really make sense though anyway. Sauzee was on huge money. Can't imagine folk like Latapy were cheap either.

SRHibs
31-08-2018, 11:57 PM

a midfield that lacks présence & dig and that give opponents space to drop crosses in

the goalie too

Aye, signing Scott Allan would definitely fix all those ‘problems’. You’ve not seen us play with Milligan in midfield yet, and it’s 3 games into the league season. At least give the new players a few weeks to play with each other before you start spraffing pish.

JimmyL
01-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Play all season for Europe but not ready when it comes so what’s the point?
Sign guys who aren’t available at start of season what’s the point?

IMO this is poor from the top! They have had plenty praise last few years but we appear to be going backwards again and not growing.

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2018, 12:18 AM
Play all season for Europe but not ready when it comes so what’s the point?
Sign guys who aren’t available at start of season what’s the point?

IMO this is poor from the top! They have had plenty praise last few years but we appear to be going backwards again and not growing.

We don't know the story, Jimmy. Lennon is the type of manager who will only sign the players he really wants, not just make signings for numbers. If we'd managed to get Allan, I'd be quite happy, alas it wasn't to be. A club our size can't easily find good replacements for players of the talent of Allan, McGinn and McGeouch. We'll have to make the best of it until the January window and see who is available.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2018, 12:35 AM
Doesn't really make sense though anyway. Sauzee was on huge money. Can't imagine folk like Latapy were cheap either.

Too young to renember tv money?

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2018, 12:47 AM
Some really embarrassing posts on here. Like 5 year old kids being told 'no'.

Actually quite shameful that grown adults react like this.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2018, 12:49 AM
Really disappointed, and can't believe that Lennon won't be of the same opinion too.

We weren't ready for Europe, but we were told to be patient and wait on the squad being assembled for the league instead.

Unfortunately, I don't believe we're ready for that now either.

Who told us to be patient? Quote please if you don't mind, because I can't remember hearing that.

Or have you just made it up?

Hi Heid Yin
01-09-2018, 01:08 AM

:agree::agree:

heid the baw
01-09-2018, 01:13 AM
Rangers spending heavily going for a top 2 place.
Hearts spending heavily to close the 18 point gap an challenge for Europe.
Let them, it is their way.
Hibs continue to develope, living within our means.
It is what it is.

I trust the board to take a longer term view. To cement a position where we are never below 5th is what we realistically should be aiming for. Never again should we be bottom 6 and if we get 3rd or 4th every other year for the next few decades with the odd trophy thrown in, then I personally would take that.

BoomtownHibees
01-09-2018, 01:32 AM
Folk bringing out all our “problems” would have been delighted with the transfer dealings if we had signed Scott Allan, even though he wouldn’t have fixed these so called problems.

I would have been delighted with Allan signing again but am I convinced we actually needed him? No, I think there are other areas that would be a priority before that and do I think we have as much quality as the 2nd half of last season? Again no however time will tell but let’s no pretend that Scott Allan alone would have changed that.

Hi Heid Yin
01-09-2018, 01:59 AM
None of us, and I repeat, none of us know how strong our team will be once it starts clicking into gear.

Neil Lennon has gone for quality ( 6 senior internationals) over quantity.

We have 2 players who have yet to kick a ball for us (Milligan and Agyepong), yet they appear to have been dismissed out of hand in the head-rush to declare "We are weaker!"

We have secured Kamberi and Maclaren - two quality and proven strikers that most of us wanted to see back at Easter Road.

We have added further quality in Hyndman.

And we have Mallan? - (6 goals and counting!) - he has brought a new dimension to our midfield - namely regular goals. Neither McGinn or McGeouch come near him for his deadly strikes from distance.

Horgan (sheer class, pace, fight and guile) He has caught the eye more than anyone. He will more than make up for the loss of McGeouch.

On top of this Ryan Porteous is as good as a quality signing - This guy will become a Scotland regular and benefit our beloved club when he eventually goes for a hefty transfer fee.

Adam Bogdan is a solid keeper, along with Laidlaw, and both will give Marciano (once he is fully fit) a run for his money.

We still have a developing and natural poacher/striker in Ollie Shaw, and every team in the SPL would love to have an on-song Martin Boyle

On top of all these we have our ever-reliable and ever-dependable Lewis Stevenson, our rocks in Hanlon, McGregor (when he is fit again) and our legend and wingback dynamo, David Gray.
Even Efe, for all his wee lapses, is quality when he goes on his wee drives from the back and starts moves for us.

And few teams like coming up against our midfield enforcer, Bartley (ask the Jambos)

Slivka is my only real question mark - a silky player who far too often disappears in games.

Whittaker is also a question mark, but I rate him ahead of Slivka as he can do an effective job as midfield anchor, despite losing a yard or two of pace.

Overall I feel that we have a strong first 11 and a decent squad, that might, just might, prove to be even more effective than last years, when we had McGinn, McGeouch and Allan pulling the strings.

Chorley Hibee
01-09-2018, 03:07 AM
Who told us to be patient? Quote please if you don't mind, because I can't remember hearing that.

Or have you just made it up?

It wasn't me quoting anybody in particular, it was in reference to the general consensus held upon here, towards people who were unhappy/concerned that we were unprepared for Europe.

Perhaps I should have worded it better.

col02
01-09-2018, 03:15 AM
Hibernian FC the last few seasons haven't let us down all that often. I think folk should afford those that make the decisions at the club a wee bit trust and respect before sticking the boot in! The amount of petulance and arrogance from some on the message board right now is astounding. We are on the face of it weaker as a team because of McGinn and McGeoch going. McGeoch I think in time will be replaced by Mallan while McGinn ws never going to be replaced like for like. I think I'll wait and see how the team plays before thinking this window has been a failure.

GreenLake
01-09-2018, 04:13 AM
I am gutted we didn't get Scott Allan signed, and I personally asked an ex-Hearts player to come back and play for us but I doubt it can happen.

Next game will be like any other.

Want Hibs to win, wish we signed Messi, Pique and Neymar but supporting whoever pulls on the real and original green shirt is what happens without fail.

Glory Glory

FTHRAC

Onion
01-09-2018, 04:44 AM
We were never going to replace SJM 1 for 1 but I'm genuinely shocked that Lennon has not demanded a deeper/better balanced squad - with all the cash Hibs have raked in.

Davy Mac
01-09-2018, 04:46 AM

the goalie too

Not keen on the vibe of your post, you're entitled to your opinion as am I, but I think you are being a bit harsh.

Brizo
01-09-2018, 06:01 AM
10 players out and 8 players in. Overall I feel we are weakened compared to last season with McGinn, McGeouch and Allan out; 3 exceptional players.

Most other sides appear to have strengthened other than Celtic. Will be tough to finish in the top 4 I feel. It's along run to the January window; there's something like 8 games in December alone. A few injuries to key players and we'll struggle.

:agree:

Exceptional is the exact word for those three. It would imo have been impossible to replace like for like. They will go down as one of the most entertaining and most effective midfields ive seen at Hibs in 50 years watching us.

Ill reserve judgement on Lennys signings until ive seen them all on the park but looking at our squad on paper I think it looks more top 6 than top 4.

Dancehibs
01-09-2018, 06:50 AM
We were never going to replace SJM 1 for 1 but I'm genuinely shocked that Lennon has not demanded a deeper/better balanced squad - with all the cash Hibs have raked in.
Lenny isn’t blame free. He signed players that have made squad unbalanced. Flo is injured and we have nobody to lead the line

Ringothedog
01-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Yeah very underwhelming Hibs.. what a disappointing day

A disappointing day but not a disappointing transfer window. I would give it 7/10

Ralphy C
01-09-2018, 07:22 AM
I am gutted we didn't get Scott Allan signed, and I personally asked an ex-Hearts player to come back and play for us but I doubt it can happen.

Next game will be like any other.

Want Hibs to win, wish we signed Messi, Pique and Neymar but supporting whoever pulls on the real and original green shirt is what happens without fail.

Glory Glory

FTHRAC
You have to bear in mind Celtc might not be too keen to strengthen us, we took our fair share of points against them last season.

LancsHibs
01-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Hold on a minute some of the comments are a bit OTT and reek of pishy beds. I’m disappointed not to have got anyone in yesterday and I’m sure so are the club, I know they tried, maybe not robustly enough, we won’t know but I’m prepared to hold off declaring us weaker until I’ve seen the team assembled in action!!
We have our front two back who did so well in the second half of last season but this time Kamberi is our player and Mac’s here for the season with an option to buy, I think. Also Oli is hopefully progressing and I’m happy to put my trust in him to do the job.
The back line are unchanged and I have great hopes for Ryan Porteous, plus we kept Efe so in real terms we are probably stringer(if Daz gets back to speed)
The midfield is the big unknown, SJM was always going to be irreplaceable, but we have new players and will play a new system to suit. In the face of it it looks like we have signed quality and I only hope that whatever plan Lenny has. In mind for them is successful, but who knows it could be even better than last season! I’m particularly impressed with Horgan, think we could have an absolute star here, I was disappointed when we didn’t sign Barker but would I swap now? No I would not.
Let’s get over the disappointment of last night and enjoy the ride, hopefully 3 points today! Come on Hibs!!

Ray_
01-09-2018, 07:36 AM

That is just creative accounting by Hibs, they have included Fol & Jamie Mac as arrivals from last season but not departures, either don't include them at all or include them in both columns, so it would be 12 departures and 8 arrivals, a difference of 4 and not 2.

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2018, 07:37 AM
No not LDs wisest decision saying that...

:agree: she misjudged how this would be interpreted/understood. Looks to me like she tried by saying it included the costs of the stuff at EM and that but didn’t think that this would be dismissed and we’d focus solely on players wages.

She’s be better off not attempting transparency next time she’s asked.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2018, 07:38 AM
None of us, and I repeat, none of us know how strong our team will be once it starts clicking into gear.

We have 2 players who have yet to kick a ball for us (Milligan and Agyepong), yet they appear to have been dismissed out of hand in the head-rush to declare "We are weaker!"

We have secured Kamberi and Maclaren - two quality and proven strikers that most of us wanted to see back at Easter Road.

And we have Mallan? - (6 goals and counting!) - he has brought a new dimension to our midfield - namely regular goals. Neither McGinn or McGeouch come near him for his deadly strikes from distance.

Horgan (sheer class, pace, fight and guile) He has caught the eye more than anyone. He will more than make up for the loss of McGeouch.

On top of this Ryan Porteous is as good as a quality signing - This guy will become a Scotland regular and benefit our beloved club when he eventually goes for a hefty transfer fee.

Adam Bogdan is a solid keeper, along with Laidlaw, and both will give Marciano (once he is fully fit) a run for his money.

We still have a developing and natural poacher/striker in Ollie Shaw, and every team in the SPL would love to have an on-song Martin Boyle

On top of all these we have our ever-reliable and ever-dependable Lewis Stevenson, our rocks in Hanlon, McGregor (when he is fit again) and our legend and wingback dynamo, David Gray.
Even Efe, for all his wee lapses, is quality when he goes on his wee drives from the back and starts moves for us.

And few teams like coming up against our midfield enforcer, Bartley (ask the Jambos)

Slivka is my only real question mark - a silky player who far too often disappears in games.

Whittaker is also a question mark, but I rate him ahead of Slivka as he can do an effective job as midfield anchor, despite losing a yard or two of pace.

Overall I feel that we have a strong first 11 and a decent squad, that might, just might, prove to be even more effective than last years, when we had McGinn, McGeouch and Allan pulling the strings.

Decent post this.

I don’t see the hurry to ‘write off’ our squad yet. To be saying we’re weaker compared to last season after the start we’ve made doesn’t make sense to me.

Mallan and Horgan are going to be stand outs for us this season and everyone will be singing their praises soon enough.

Paisley Hibby
01-09-2018, 07:42 AM
Folk bringing out all our “problems” would have been delighted with the transfer dealings if we had signed Scott Allan, even though he wouldn’t have fixed these so called problems.

I would have been delighted with Allan signing again but am I convinced we actually needed him? No, I think there are other areas that would be a priority before that and do I think we have as much quality as the 2nd half of last season? Again no however time will tell but let’s no pretend that Scott Allan alone would have changed that.
I think Scott Allan had a lot to do with how well Flo and Jamie Mac played?

BoomtownHibees
01-09-2018, 07:48 AM

Maybe he did but we don’t yet know if that will be replicated by any of the new signings. We may not even play with them 2 up front together. Time will tell but no point in wetting the bed after a decent transfer window just because we never got 1 particular player in

Speedy
01-09-2018, 07:50 AM
Mo Salah injury would possibly mean Strurridge gets played (experienced player).

Kamberi injured means we play Shaw (talented youngster).

Our squad isn’t bad but it’s strange how short we are in some key areas. Think we can all agree on the shortness in areas.

The point is that it is all relative.

Every team would be significantly weaker without their best players.

500miles
01-09-2018, 07:50 AM

Maybe. But maybe one of the 4 attacking midfielders we've signed can achieve that.

Steve20
01-09-2018, 07:51 AM
We realistically couldn’t have expected as strong a midfield as last season, but we’ve certainly not done our best to at least get close. We are so much weaker in midfield and are short of options up front.

Can’t see us getting top 4 with what we have.

Speedy
01-09-2018, 07:53 AM

It's hard to tell at the moment.

Obviously McGinn, McGeouch and Allan are big losses but I'm not fussed about the rest.

Horgan looks great, Mallan adds a different dimension with his goals from midfield and the rest are still to bed in. Also worth remembering we have Kamberi on a perm now which is huge.

500miles
01-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Lenny isn’t blame free. He signed players that have made squad unbalanced. Flo is injured and we have nobody to lead the line

Hibs are not in a position to have an extra Flo Kamberi just sitting on the bench. We have a really promising young forward with a good goalscoring record who needs opportunities.

K.Marx
01-09-2018, 08:02 AM
I feel somewhere in the middle of happy clapping and bed wetting. The team doesn’t look as formidable as last season, but then again we haven’t actually seen Milligan and Agyepong in the flesh. Mallan adds goals from midfield which we haven’t had for years, and is a dead ball specialist. That could turn draws into wins.

Think the game today is massively important as a draw or defeat could lead to some unrest in the stands after many were underwhelmed yesterday. Mallan free kick winner 😎

Scotty Leither
01-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Hibs are not in a position to have an extra Flo Kamberi just sitting on the bench. We have a really promising young forward with a good goalscoring record who needs opportunities.

But struggles with the role he's being asked to play. I hope he's got shinpads on his calves today as Livingston are another "industrial" side that like to dish it out.

It wasn't unreasonable in the circumstances to expect another striker to be brought in - we have 4 goalkeepers on the books, after all.

Paisley Hibby
01-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Maybe he did but we don’t yet know if that will be replicated by any of the new signings. We may not even play with them 2 up front together. Time will tell but no point in wetting the bed after a decent transfer window just because we never got 1 particular player in
Ooooh steady Tiger. Not "wetting the bed", simply suggesting why there WAS a good reason for signing SA. Beyond that, yes it's too early to say whether we're stronger or weaker than last season. I think a lot is going to hang on Milligan. Let's hope we get him playing soon.

The Spaceman
01-09-2018, 08:08 AM
I feel somewhere in the middle of happy clapping and bed wetting. The team doesn’t look as formidable as last season, but then again we haven’t actually seen Milligan and Agyepong in the flesh. Mallan adds goals from midfield which we haven’t had for years, and is a dead ball specialist. That could turn draws into wins.

Think the game today is massively important as a draw or defeat could lead to some unrest in the stands after many were underwhelmed yesterday. Mallan free kick winner 😎

Good assessment :aok: we were always going to be weaker this season without SJM and Dylan - we can't buy ready-made replacements for these guys. However Horgan and Mallan are showing a lot of early promise, albeit different styles!

BoomtownHibees
01-09-2018, 08:12 AM
Ooooh steady Tiger. Not "wetting the bed", simply suggesting why there WAS a good reason for signing SA. Beyond that, yes it's too early to say whether we're stronger or weaker than last season. I think a lot is going to hang on Milligan. Let's hope we get him playing soon.

Sorry mate, the “wetting the bed” comment wasn’t aimed at you

Gordy M
01-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Thing is no one knows if we are 'weaker' than last season. We may turn out to be, however, if our front six is Milligan(international player) in the holding role alongside Mallan(6 goals already) and either side is Horgan(best player in Ireland 2 seasons ago) and Boyle/Agepong(both will real pace) and upfront is Mac and Flo.....then i suggest we MAY be a lot more dynamic and fast paced in attack? (Havent even included Slivka and Hyndman in that team)

A critisism made a lot last season was that we were too slow in attack and im hoping that has been addressed.

Also like to ask....in refereence to that front 6, who outwith Celtic and possibly Rangers, has a better one?

I actually think the team/squad is better than most folk believe it to be:aok:

Not In The Know
01-09-2018, 09:28 AM

This sums up our summer perfectly. Very well put and I for one am looking forward to the first half of the season.

God help this place tonight if we dont beat livvi!

BoomtownHibees
01-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Thing is no one knows if we are 'weaker' than last season. We may turn out to be, however, if our front six is Milligan(international player) in the holding role alongside Mallan(6 goals already) and either side is Horgan(best player in Ireland 2 seasons ago) and Boyle/Agepong(both will real pace) and upfront is Mac and Flo.....then i suggest we MAY be a lot more dynamic and fast paced in attack? (Havent even included Slivka and Hyndman in that team)

A critisism made a lot last season was that we were too slow in attack and im hoping that has been addressed.

Also like to ask....in refereence to that front 6, who outwith Celtic and possibly Rangers, has a better one?

I actually think the team/squad is better than most folk believe it to be:aok:

I can’t see us going with just 2 in the middle of the park. It looks to me with the players that have signed, we are more suited to a 451/433 with Kamberi up top with Boyle and Horgan/Agyepong either side. Milligan, Mallan and AN Other in the middle of the park

theonlywayisup
01-09-2018, 10:30 AM

That's a pretty decent summary.

Can I also add Frazer Murray into the mix.

Think we'll see a lot of him this season and I've been very impressed when he has played.

Real Emerald
01-09-2018, 10:39 AM

You could also argue that McGinn and McGeouch had a lot to do with how well Scott Allan played because he didn't play like that at Dundee. Just a thought!