PDA

View Full Version : Steve Clarke on Killie red card appeal.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2018, 10:14 AM
He doesn’t miss and hit the wall....

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=7629

Well done Sr.:top marks

JimBHibees
31-08-2018, 10:24 AM

Brilliant statement and sums up everything wrong with that process. We are a laughing stock when Morelos and Naismith deliberately kick a player and get off and this sort of nothing tackle gets hammered and then to compound it when asked to review the original decision is upheld. Simply wow.

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2018, 10:27 AM

:thumbsup:

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 10:28 AM
It's about time statements were made by the panel to explain how they come to decisions. The paying customer should be allowed to hear the rationale behind it. That wasn't even a yellow card and the Killie punters have been well and truly shafted. Not saying they wouldn't have lost the game without the red but it had a huge factor in them doing so. How can the likes of Morelos have his red card for blatant kicking rescinded yet the Killie boy have his upheld? Explanations need to be given.

Austinho
31-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Especially ridiculous when Allan McGregor’s MMA elbow drop went unpunished against Motherwell.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Well said. My Dad and I were laughing in disbelief when I told him that Collum had been awarded the OF game on Tuesday night.

Real Emerald
31-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Brilliant statement and sums up everything wrong with that process. We are a laughing stock when Morelos and Naismith deliberately kick a player and get off and this sort of nothing tackle gets hammered and then to compound it when asked to review the original decision is upheld. Simply wow.

Naismith and Morelos deliberately kicked players off the ball as well nothing to do with legitimately trying to win the ball. Yet they get off and this innocuous attempted tackle is deemed a red even after a panel views it!! The game is bent, well said Steve Clarke.

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Naismith and Morelos deliberately kicked players off the ball as well nothing to do with legitimately trying to win the ball. Yet they get off and this innocuous attempted tackle is deemed a red even after a panel views it!! The game is bent, well said Steve Clarke.

Sadly it is. There can be no doubts now.

Onion
31-08-2018, 10:40 AM
Especially ridiculous when Allan McGregor’s MMA elbow drop went unpunished against Motherwell.

Still cannot believe that blatant and pre-meditated assault was not punished. All that does is perpetuate the debate of corruption v incompetence at the highest level in the game. Sadly, with Sevco on the rise, we can expect many many more examples of situations like this - except when they play in Europe of course.

number9dream
31-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Very well said... A shameful outcome designed not to upset or put added pressure on Collum before Sunday's OF derby.
But all it serves to do is shine a light on how hopeless he is.
Meanwhile, Kilmarnock are punished at the weekend and again as an experienced player is forced to miss two more games.

Chorley Hibee
31-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Still cannot believe that blatant and pre-meditated assault was not punished. All that does is perpetuate the debate of corruption v incompetence at the highest level in the game. Sadly, with Sevco on the rise, we can expect many many more examples of situations like this - except when they play in Europe of course.

For me there is no discussion, there is clear evidence that certain teams are favoured more than others, and this is just further proof.

That makes it corrupt.

31-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Nail on the head.

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Sadly it is. There can be no doubts now.

I never had any doubts

WeeRussell
31-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Carefully constructed and nicely delivered.

Like it.

Green Fish
31-08-2018, 11:40 AM

Totally agree. What is worse is that that action has barely been mentioned in the media

Joe6-2
31-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Totally agree. What is worse is that that action has barely been mentioned in the media

You can’t be surprised?!

SonOfDavidFrancey
31-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Well said Mr Clarke. I find him a sour faced fud some of the time but this is very eloquent. Sadly it also suggests that the return of proper rivalry between the Ugly Sisters is going to lead to the SFA returning to the craven and partial ways of old.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Well said Mr Clarke. I find him a sour faced fud some of the time but this is very eloquent. Sadly it also suggests that the return of proper rivalry between the Ugly Sisters is going to lead to the SFA returning to the craven and partial ways of old.

...returning to????:confused:

SonOfDavidFrancey
31-08-2018, 11:48 AM
...returning to????:confused:

Understood. I think what I meant was that the SFA haven’t taken advantage of ‘Sevco- The Wilderness Years’ to change the landscape vis a vis sectarianism, favouritism, corruption etc.

aljo7-0
31-08-2018, 11:48 AM
That is a very good statement. Clear, thought through, correct and sensible - the complete opposite of the decision in the first place.

Of course it will either be compete ignored by the authorities or hey will charge him with bringing the game into disrepute!

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Clarke will probably get a 2 game ban for speaking out

JimBHibees
31-08-2018, 11:52 AM

But Rangers are playing an old firm game this weekend no way was that being looked at.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2018, 12:04 PM
The Hearts player wasn’t cheating - looked like he was anticipating the pain he was going to be in.

Jim44
31-08-2018, 12:04 PM
I’ve previously been singled out, laughed at for using the word corrupt in relation to SFA, SPFL and referees. When will folk wake up, smell the coffee and admit that, maybe not corruption, but unfair bias and favouritism ( corruption in my book) is alive and stinking in Scottish football.

ancient hibee
31-08-2018, 12:08 PM
The panel is made up of three former referees so hardly surprising that they will mostly side with the referees’decision except when disagreeing favours the OF of course.

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2018, 12:08 PM
I’ve previously been singled out, laughed at for using the word corrupt in relation to SFA, SPFL and referees. When will folk wake up, smell the coffee and admit that, maybe not corruption, but unfair bias and favouritism ( corruption in my book) is alive and stinking in Scottish football.

Not only is it corrupt it's insulting people's intelligence. Complete and utter pisstaking infront of everyones eyes.

kaimendhibs
31-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Scottish football is rancid to the core. And they just keep getting away with it

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2018, 12:14 PM

Because not all of us ageee with you!!

Why do you bother following the sport if you’re convinced it’s corrupt? What’s the point?!

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2018, 12:35 PM
All eyes on the bigotfest on Sunday and be assured anything like this will be swept under the carpet.

Jones28
31-08-2018, 12:59 PM
It's time the judicial panel issued statements regarding their decisions. Clarification of the reasons behind the judgements they make would make so much more sense than the closed rank approach the SFA take.

Mind you, this is the SFA, an organisation who require a tour of their own stadium to decide whether they want to stay or go.

Jim44
31-08-2018, 01:05 PM

Why do you bother following the sport if you’re convinced it’s corrupt? What’s the point?!

I’ve followed football for 60 years and learned to live with it. I get enough pleasure despite the annoyance and frustration of the bias and favouritism that exists. You do realise that I am far from the only one who holds this point of view?

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2018, 01:17 PM

I agree with him, and still follow the sport. Hibs are in my blood, like thousands of others, i can still do two things at once, even though i'm coming up to my 59th birthday soon.

It's ok to keep pointing out the corruption and still follow Hibs, ignoring it in my opinion is worse.

Sammy7nil
31-08-2018, 01:52 PM

People know horse racing is corrupt and several horses are non tries there are still bookies making money on racing.

People just accept it and move on same can be said for football.

I think corrupt may be a tad strong for our football authorities now a days but it certainly was imho and there still is so much wrong with some of the decsion making.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2018, 01:58 PM
I’ve followed football for 60 years and learned to live with it. I get enough pleasure despite the annoyance and frustration of the bias and favouritism that exists. You do realise that I am far from the only one who holds this point of view?

Of course, I kinda feel like I’m the only one on here that doesn’t think the game is corrupt!!

I just wouldn’t follow it if I were in your shoes.

60 years of never knowing if we’ve won fair and square? Man, that must stink.

I not trying to be smart, I genuinely think it must suck having that view point.

It must mean that every time a result goes against us you question whether it’s fair or not? How can that be enjoyable?!

Anyways, as I say, I’m not trying to start an argument and I fully accept that I’m in the minority on this issue on here.

Peace.

Keith_M
31-08-2018, 02:07 PM
"....was a genuine effort to win the ball without malice or recklessness and with minimal contact on an opponent who proceeded to roll around as if seriously hurt only to get straight back to his feet on the issue of the red card. "

It's the 'Hearts Way'.

silverhibee
31-08-2018, 03:02 PM

Cmon chief man, all sport is corrupt, dodgy horse racing, cycling, tennis, athletes cheating, I could go on, but folk still go watch it and will continue to do so, same goes for Scottish football, when does the wee team ever get favouritism from the SPFL or the compliance officer in decisions, are the Rangers and Celtc just plain lucky when they keep getting incidents rescinded, folk can only come to one conclusion and that is that these 2 clubs are treated differently and that isn't right, but the sad thing is, nothing will change, these 2 clubs will continue to get away with these decisions and the rest of the crap that comes from them.

southsider
31-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Clarke will probably get a 2 game ban for speaking out

NL would have

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2018, 03:58 PM
NL would have

NL would get done for using sign language

Bostonhibby
31-08-2018, 04:02 PM
I agree with him, and still follow the sport. Hibs are in my blood, like thousands of others, i can still do two things at once, even though i'm coming up to my 59th birthday soon.

It's ok to keep pointing out the corruption and still follow Hibs, ignoring it in my opinion is worse.Am 100% with you on this one, right down to the age☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Greentinted
31-08-2018, 04:03 PM

Totally agree, the majority of top level officials in our league are bent and have been since time immemorial.
About time they were called out.
Many are also incompetent and unfit for purpose but that doesn’t preclude their abject corruption.

Togs91
31-08-2018, 04:03 PM
100% agree, hell get hounded for it unfortunately, but we need clarity, and change. If this was a statement from NL hes have been hung, drawn, and quartered by now!

brog
31-08-2018, 04:12 PM
NL would have

NL might still get a ban for Stevie C speaking out! :wink:

overdrive
31-08-2018, 04:14 PM
NL would get done for using sign language

My dad pointed this out the other day regarding what SC said after the match about the referee. It was similar to, if not worse than, what NL said at Rugby Park which got him his ban last season. Yet he doesn't seem to have been punished. I'm not looking for him to be punished but it does show the inconsistencies.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Totally agree, the majority of top level officials in our league are bent and have been since time immemorial.
About time they were called out.
Many are also incompetent and unfit for purpose but that doesn’t preclude their abject corruption.

And yet in all that time has anyone from Hibs over the last 50 years actually complained about corruption or “bent referees”.

Sorry but your post just comes across as toys out the pram stuff.

It’s something we read about online constantly yet you’d have thought that if there was anything in it, and we’re talking about literally hundreds of refs over the years being involved here according to you, then a former player, board member or manager might have mentioned it?

But not a peep. Ever. By any official from our own club for decades.

Why is that if the corruption is so blatant? Have our board members over the years been complicit or are they just as naive as I must be to have missed it?

Extend that to all the other clubs in the league and again, which chairman or whoever have ever accused our refs of being bent? It just doesn’t happen.

It’s an easy, lazy accusation to chuck around if you don’t need to back it up.

You want someone to call them out? Who?

Our own Chief Exec that everyone rates highly doesn’t appear to agree with your view? Should we call her out too?

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Clarke is like a breath of fresh air to the SPFL. Says it the way it is and is usually spot on. Would be an excellent Scotland Manager if he ever fancied the gig, even with s shambles of an SFA behind him.

eastcoasthibby
31-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Not only is it corrupt it's insulting people's intelligence. Complete and utter pisstaking infront of everyones eyes.

Referees do this every weekend in games, why would this lot be any different, the panel is a job creatipn scheme allowing out of date referees to continue to influence the game for certain favoured teams

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2018, 10:01 PM
The Killie lads attempt to get to the ball ended up with him sliding over the top of it, that made him out of control, but there is no way that made the tackle violent or malicious, his forward momentum into the Hearts player was clearly accidental and caused by the ball being under his leg. It was also crystal clear from the reply that the Hearts player made a huge meal of at the very best minimal contact.

As many professional players and managers do Steve Clarke made a comment about folk who 'understand the game' IE ex professional players being the best folk to judge what is or isn't deliberately violent or malicious, but c'mon, you hardly even have to have played at even pub league level to judge that the tackle was not a deliberate attempt to do anything other than win the ball cleanly.

The panel clearly didn't think Collum's speed of action and lack of thought was something to consider, nor did they seem to take into account the fact that the clear over reaction of the Hearts player helped to make up the refs mind. Add in the clear evidence that it wasn't an intentional over the ball challenge and their decision is baffling.

ancient hibee
31-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Former refs backing their man..

where'stheslope
01-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Clarke's problem is that there will be another referee at his game today, and we all know how they like to stick together!!!!
Look out for either a stick on red for Killie not given or another red for nothing to the opponents???
Its the SFA way, swings and roundabouts!!!!

where'stheslope
01-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Clarke's problem is that there will be another referee at his game today, and we all know how they like to stick together!!!!
Look out for either a stick on red for Killie not given or another red for nothing to the opponents???
Its the SFA way, swings and roundabouts!!!!
Told you so!!!!!
SFA and referees working in tandem?????