PDA

View Full Version : 2 hibs players in Australian squad

ozwoody
30-08-2018, 07:39 AM
well done jamie mac and mark milligan , who are joining up for a week long training camp in Turkey next week

GreenCastle
30-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Will they miss fixtures in early 2019 if selected for the Asia Cup?

Jack Hackett
30-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Will they miss fixtures in early 2019 if selected for the Asia Cup?

Most of the games will be during the winter break

Lendo
30-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Do Hibs stand to make any cash from both them potentially playing at the Asia Cup with Australia? With McLaren on loan i imagine that any fee would go back to Darmstadt

SouthMoroccoStu
30-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Do Hibs stand to make any cash from both them potentially playing at a tournament with Australia? With McLaren on loan i imagine that any fee would go back to Darmstadt

We certainly got money for McLaren going to the World Cup so I don’t see why not

Billy Whizz
30-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Most of the games will be during the winter break

Will miss possibly 4 games

steelendhibs
30-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Guess we can't really moan as we know what countries they play for before we sign them. The tournament starts on 5th January. We are scheduled to play Hearts on 29 December if it isn't moved for TV. Anybody know the chances of them missing that? Looks like the tournament is formatted like the world cup when it had 24 teams. 6 groups, top 2 go through, along with 4 best 3rd place teams. Hard to actually not go through. Looks like they will miss at least the 4th round of the Scottish cup on 19th Jan, and then Motherwell on 23 Rd Jan. If they get to the final on 1st feb they will miss st mirror away on 26th Jan and Aberdeen home on 2nd Feb. Would also be wary of whether they would get back for Celtic away on 6th fen. There doesn't seem to be a 3rd place play off. Could be 6 of our games they miss if Australia get to the final.

hibbyfraelibby
30-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Guess we can't really moan as we know what countries they play for before we sign them. The tournament starts on 5th January. We are scheduled to play Hearts on 29 December if it isn't moved for TV. Anybody know the chances of them missing that? Looks like the tournament is formatted like the world cup when it had 24 teams. 6 groups, top 2 go through, along with 4 best 3rd place teams. Hard to actually not go through. Looks like they will miss at least the 4th round of the Scottish cup on 19th Jan, and then Motherwell on 23 Rd Jan. If they get to the final on 1st feb they will miss st mirror away on 26th Jan and Aberdeen home on 2nd Feb. Would also be wary of whether they would get back for Celtic away on 6th fen. There doesn't seem to be a 3rd place play off. Could be 6 of our games they miss if Australia get to the final.

Any chance of Martin Boyle being called up by them? If we have three away do we not get to cancel games or is that rule now defunct?

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2018, 05:45 PM
i'm sick fed-up with us having all these real international players

Forza Fred
31-08-2018, 05:24 AM
Any chance of Martin Boyle being called up by them? If we have three away do we not get to cancel games or is that rule now defunct?

Don’t think he’s under consideration

Sproule Three
31-08-2018, 06:37 AM

I read that the Australian squad will have a pre tournament preparation at ‘end of December’
Might miss a couple of games prior to the break.
Not sure of the actual date the team will gather .
My mates brother in law is one of the Australian team physios - I should ask if the physio will be attending family Xmas dinner or will he be in Middle East ? -:)

Future17
31-08-2018, 08:32 AM

I think it'll depend on whether Milligan and JMac tip Arnold his availability.