PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Barker

hibeemikey21
28-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Scored a bit of a belter v Leeds tonight:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11484586/leeds-0-2-preston

Watch from around the 2 minute mark. Picks the ball up deep in his own half, solo run, then cracking finish from outside the box :top marks

28-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Great goal from Brandon.

I like how his shirt number has gone from 20 with us to 21 at PNE, must be in case he forgets how old he is.

Stevie Reid
28-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Absolutely superb. One of the most exciting players I've ever seen at Hibs.

timewilltell
29-08-2018, 05:28 AM
https://twitter.com/profoundvalley/status/1034553809668857856?s=21

cracking goal........

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2018, 05:54 AM
https://twitter.com/profoundvalley/status/1034553809668857856?s=21

cracking goal........

Another peach. Still gutted we never got him back.

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2018, 06:04 AM

Agree 100%

Heisenberg
29-08-2018, 06:04 AM
He’s found his shooting boots all of a sudden! Great finish.

Wembley67
29-08-2018, 06:14 AM

I suppose the list of the most exciting players you've seen at Hibs can be quite extensive 😁

Bishop Hibee
29-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Great goal. Nice strip too.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Brilliant goal!

The end product we all new Brandon was capable of!

If if he keeps producing that sort of form goals/ assists and avoids injury he will go right to the top.

We all knew that anyway! :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
29-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Good goal and that’s what will take him next level more consistently.

Though not many players can do that otherwise they would be Messi!

Barker was a good player and shame he’s not back as felt he would be even better this season with more confidence and settled.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses at Preston (Alex Neil as manager).

Just Jimmy
29-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Absolutely superb. One of the most exciting players I've ever seen at Hibs.good player no doubt. depends how long your list is. wouldn't get into mine.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

jacomo
29-08-2018, 08:08 AM

Really? That is quite an accolade.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Agree 100% seen loads better in my fifty years supporting the cabbage but got to remember Brandon was just a raw rough around the edges laddie when he first arrived but has improved no doubt thanks to his time at ER -hindered by injury -but yes headed in the right direction.

Shrekko
29-08-2018, 08:25 AM

FWIW I’d give him the same accolade and I’ve been going 40 years.

Don’t get me wrong - it wasn’t for long and it was in fairly brief flashes but that boy is unbelievable to watch in full flight.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2018, 08:36 AM
I am convinced that goal is the reason Lenny started Brandon up front against Hearts in the play offs as we all know he was capable of it. Boyle is more than capable of similar if he could find his shooting boots. :wink:

supermcginn
29-08-2018, 08:46 AM

Same here, fantastic to watch.

bigwheel
29-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Surprised at the accolades for Barker for his time at Hibs - I enjoyed watching him too - but overall his contributions were pretty hit and
Miss - was it one or two goals ? A couple
Of assists ?

Think there have been many more exciting players over the years - Benji, Zemmama , Crunchie, Mickey Weir, Boyle , Sproule, Mikey O’Neill. To name but a few

Hope he does well - lots of development still to go there .

Carheenlea
29-08-2018, 08:55 AM
It’s actually a good advert for Hibs. Our loan deals have been good for both Hibs and loan player in recent years, and it won’t go unnoticed that Hibs are a club where loanees have flourished.

SRHibs
29-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Surprised at the accolades for Barker for his time at Hibs - I enjoyed watching him too - but overall his contributions were pretty hit and
Miss - was it one or two goals ? A couple
Of assists ?

Think there have been many more exciting players over the years - Benji, Zemmama , Crunchie, Mickey Weir, Boyle , Sproule, Mikey O’Neill. To name but a few

Hope he does well - lots of development still to go there .

I know it’s not justified going by the stats, but Barker excited me far more than Boyle when he got on the ball. Didn’t matter how many were in front of him, you knew he was gonna try and run at them and make something happen.

Greenbeard
29-08-2018, 09:07 AM
One that came off. Hopefully those that don't are on the decline.
Deliberate dummy to let the ball bounce over his head, or does he misjudge the flight of the ball. If the latter, then praise due for the swift adjustment.
Deliberately taken so wide and far off his right foot once he is in their half, or another slight misjudgement that he manages to benefit from?
Good change of pace though, slowing things down then speeding up again to get the space for his sweet shot.
Interesting reaction from him to scoring the goal - is he happy? In contrast to his goal celebrations in the green and white, of which let's be honest, there should have been more.

bigwheel
29-08-2018, 09:30 AM
I know it’s not justified going by the stats, but Barker excited me far more than Boyle when he got on the ball. Didn’t matter how many were in front of him, you knew he was gonna try and run at them and make something happen.

That’s a fair point - he was very forward going in his play - certainly fun to watch ....

JimBHibees
29-08-2018, 10:23 AM

Totally agree it wasnt the goals or the assists per say but the way he played with total freedom and was positive every time he got it. Was a complete breath of fresh air and hugely talented.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2018, 10:33 AM
I am convinced that goal is the reason Lenny started Brandon up front against Hearts in the play offs as we all know he was capable of it.

When was this?

JimBHibees
29-08-2018, 10:48 AM
When was this?

Last derby of last season.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2018, 11:01 AM
When was this?
Effectively a league game but as far as we were concerned all our post split games were must win and therefore a playoff for second place Hearts of course had nothing to play for but pride.

Sammy7nil
29-08-2018, 11:33 AM
What was with the lack of celebration, is Brandon a Leeds fan?

matty_f
29-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Totally agree it wasnt the goals or the assists per say but the way he played with total freedom and was positive every time he got it. Was a complete breath of fresh air and hugely talented.

Agree with this, I loved watching him in full flight, his pace terrified defenders and he had the skill to take the ball with him in either direction

Fairly excited about Agpeyong, from the short clips of the reserves this week he looks very similar in style.

Jim44
29-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Great goal. Nice strip too.

I agree about the goal but was about to say ‘pity about the strip’. There’s no accounting for taste. :greengrin