PDA

View Full Version : Darroch Reid

GreenArmyyy!
28-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Admin, I hope this is ok to post but please feel free to delete or move if it’s not. 💚

I’m sure most of us have seen the horrible video of young Hibs fan Darroch Reid being senselessly attacked by a kid more than double his size at school recently and although it won’t do anything to take away from the traumatic event. I feel as the Hibs family we are we should pull together and try to do something special for Darroch.

I’ve created this page for anybody who wants to donate to doing as little or as much as they can to show our support for Darroch. I’ve not decided what yet as this will of course depend on what we raise but it would be nice to support him in the ongoing fight against bullying.

Thanks for your support.💚

Hi everyone, please click here to support my GoFundMe campaign, A wee treat for Darroch Reid: https://www.gofundme.com/a-wee-treat-for-darroch-reid?pc=sms_db_co2876_v1&rcid=4893eb3062f24507a7a1b509984a2d2f

Itsnoteasy
28-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Admin, I hope this is ok to post but please feel free to delete or move if it’s not. 💚

I’m sure most of us have seen the horrible video of young Hibs fan Darroch Reid being senselessly attacked by a kid more than double his size at school recently and although it won’t do anything to take away from the traumatic event. I feel as the Hibs family we are we should pull together and try to do something special for Darroch.

I’ve created this page for anybody who wants to donate to doing as little or as much as they can to show our support for Darroch. I’ve not decided what yet as this will of course depend on what we raise but it would be nice to support him in the ongoing fight against bullying.

Hi everyone, please click here to support my GoFundMe campaign, A wee treat for Darroch Reid: https://www.gofundme.com/a-wee-treat-for-darroch-reid?pc=sms_db_co2876_v1&rcid=4893eb3062f24507a7a1b509984a2d2f

The sad thing is he'll no be the only Hibby or kid that gets bullied at school.

But a kind gesture from you.

Hibee87
28-08-2018, 08:51 PM

He has joined a local boxing club and think the club are donating/looking for donations to get some boxing gear in Hibs green.

speedy_gonzales
28-08-2018, 08:55 PM

I’m sure most of us have seen the horrible video of young Hibs fan Darroch Reid being senselessly attacked by a kid more than double his size at school recently and although it won’t do anything to take away from the traumatic event.
Although I'd heard about this video I've not seen it (like many others) and have no wish to either.
Hopefully the young lad gets all the support he needs, bad enough being bullied (I endured more than my fair share as a kid) but nowadays it's online for your peers amusement within minutes.
However, and this may be considered by some as whataboutery, but my sister lives over in Fife and it would seem there was a bit more to this bullying incident than the video portrays, there is an allegation that there was some severe provocation before the fight ensued.

GreenArmyyy!
28-08-2018, 09:49 PM
The sad thing is he'll no be the only Hibby or kid that gets bullied at school.

But a kind gesture from you.

I know, sadly it doesn’t seem possible to help everyone but it’s always nice to try and help wherever possible 💚

GreenArmyyy!
28-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Although I'd heard about this video I've not seen it (like many others) and have no wish to either.
Hopefully the young lad gets all the support he needs, bad enough being bullied (I endured more than my fair share as a kid) but nowadays it's online for your peers amusement within minutes.
However, and this may be considered by some as whataboutery, but my sister lives over in Fife and it would seem there was a bit more to this bullying incident than the video portrays, there is an allegation that there was some severe provocation before the fight ensued.

I’ve been in contact with the boys mother over the course of today and apparently the rumour of Darroch taunting the bigger kid was spreading by the big kids friends in order to “get him off with it”.

The family are pretty traumatised by this by all accounts but have been incredibly touched by the generousity of the messages and well wishes they’ve received over the past few days. 💚

speedy_gonzales
28-08-2018, 10:47 PM
I’ve been in contact with the boys mother over the course of today and apparently the rumour of Darroch taunting the bigger kid was spreading by the big kids friends in order to “get him off with it”.

The family are pretty traumatised by this by all accounts but have been incredibly touched by the generousity of the messages and well wishes they’ve received over the past few days. 💚
There's obviously two sides to every story, regardless if it was provoked or not it was Darroch that has to deal with the footage that is apparently online.
Both kids need support at this time, especially when there's veiled threats of violence online now,,,,

matty_f
29-08-2018, 08:17 AM

This happened at my kids' school, they both said that there was more to it however I don't think that's really important now.

Having a video like that shared to the extent it was must be horrible (for both the kids - and it should be remembered that they are just kids).

Good luck to the wee guy with his boxing, I'm sure there are positives to come out of a pretty minging situation.

hibstag
29-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Unfortunately I've seen the video the location, the holding in place and the repeated punching of the young person and of course the videoing of the incident makes it look premeditated rather than a response to provocation

GreenArmyyy!
29-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately I've seen the video the location, the holding in place and the repeated punching of the young person and of course the videoing of the incident makes it look premeditated rather than a response to provocation

Obviously we can only go with what we can see with our own eyes, the rest is always going to be speculation but I find it very hard to believe a kid that small would be taunting a kid that much bigger than him. Not only that, if you were brazen enough to be taunting the bigger kid I’d have expected Darroch to fight back. As you say, this to me looks like a pre-meditated attack from the bigger kid who conveniently has all of his friends there to watch.

I know the family have been quite traumitised for how much the video has been shared and they don’t like it being out there so I think that video and the content itself is enough for me to say that Darroch was pretty defenceless in this situation.

basehibby
29-08-2018, 09:43 AM
There's obviously two sides to every story, regardless if it was provoked or not it was Darroch that has to deal with the footage that is apparently online.
Both kids need support at this time, especially when there's veiled threats of violence online now,,,,

The only "support" the bullying kid (and his pal who took the video) deserve is to be held in place while they are dealt a taste of their own medicine. Little ****s make me sick

Pretty Boy
29-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Maybe best we reign in some of the speculation?

No one knows the full extent of what happened beyond those involved and becoming judge, jury and executioner based on some video footage or rumours isn't really helpful and i don't think it was the intent of the OP.

GreenArmyyy!
29-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Maybe best we reign in some of the speculation?

No one knows the full extent of what happened beyond those involved and becoming judge, jury and executioner based on some video footage or rumours isn't really helpful and i don't think it was the intent of the OP.

I agree and you’re right, it absolutely wasn’t my intent. I just thought it would be good to see if we could pull together to do something nice for the kid who took quite a beaten and is incredibly shaken up at the moment.

Jay
29-08-2018, 11:15 AM
I think we will just close the thread and let people decide if they want to donate or not.