PDA

View Full Version : Lennon on TV tonight

CallumLaidlaw
28-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Sky sports “The Debate” at 10pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
28-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Won’t get asked about Hibs whatsoever so not relevant to us.

JimboHibs
28-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Not relevant to you 👋

KWJ
28-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Well aren't you a barrel of fun.

SirDavidsNapper
28-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Well aren't you a barrel of fun.

I know what he means though. He'll be asked about Celtic and Rangers in Europe and the bigotfest on Sunday.

Callum_62
28-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Must be why he was away to London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWJ
28-08-2018, 05:52 PM
He's going on a show called the debate. I'd find it surprising if one of the agenda items was Hibs but the season has begun in a way that it wouldn't be surprising if the old firm were on there amongst others. I like to hear our gaffer talk football. Hibs or otherwise.

CyberSauzee
28-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Wonder if he's watching any players - there's a few matches in London and surrounds where he could watch the first half and still get to Isleworth. Wycombe, QPR, Brentford.

GreenCastle
28-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Starting in a few minutes - always interesting to listen to Lennon.

Also shows the profile of or manager he gets asked for these things. Good publicity for Hibs too even if they get a small mention.

bod
28-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Wonder if he's watching any players - there's a few matches in London and surrounds where he could watch the first half and still get to Isleworth. Wycombe, QPR, Brentford.

Probably watching all the games on tv in the studio

bingo70
28-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Why has it not started yet? Thought it was 10pm it was on? Highlights of an old Liverpool game on now

JimboHibs
28-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Why has it not started yet? Thought it was 10pm it was on? Highlights of an old Liverpool game on now

🤦*♂️🙄

bingo70
28-08-2018, 09:06 PM
🤦*♂️🙄

I don’t know what that means?

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2018, 09:11 PM
hope lennon starts with this

"can i just say firstly, **** the hertz"

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Started now.

“With us , Hibs manager Neil Lennon....”

We got a mention :na na:

FitbaFolkKen
28-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Started now.

“With us , Hibs manager Neil Lennon....”

We got a mention :na na:

Shame the ticker at the bottom flicked from....

"Celtic Manager 2010/14"

then

"Won 3 Championships with Celtic"

then

"Won 2 Scottish Cups with Celtic"

F******* booo!

greenlex
I’ve no problem with him doing tv stuff midweek if we aren’t playing. I do however don’t think he should be on national television debating two other teams in our league because that’s the agenda. I’ll call it now. He will say something that will be misconstrued or mildly controversial and he will be beaten with a big stick by one half of both halves of the old firm. He or should I say we can do without the distraction.

WhileTheChief..
All the chat is about Mourinho so far.

Lennon just talks so much sense. I could listen to him talk football all night.

FitbaFolkKen
28-08-2018, 09:23 PM
He won't be getting invited for a pint by Mourinho anyway!

jacomo
28-08-2018, 09:24 PM
I’ve no problem with him doing tv stuff midweek if we aren’t playing. I do however don’t think he should be on national television debating two other teams in our league because that’s the agenda. I’ll call it now. He will say something that will be misconstrued or mildly controversial and he will be beaten with a big stick by one half of both halves of the old firm. He or should I say we can do without the distraction.

Oh no. Do you think he will say something that will make the Huns dislike him?

Smartie
28-08-2018, 09:24 PM

I like our figurehead being high profile and being asked to mix in these circles.

He's been controversial his entire career, so if he gets a bit of grief for inflaming thin-skinned bigots with his views on this weekend's game then too bad.

The coaching team he has is very competent, and Parker will manage fine in his absence.

I think this set-up works well for us.

GreenCastle
28-08-2018, 09:25 PM
He won't be getting invited for a pint by Mourinho anyway!

Doubt he’s bothered.

All this Jose talk is definitely taking the focus away from his team and Spurs winning last night. Personally think Jose is having a 3rd season wobble as normal and will be gone by Xmas or just after.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2018, 09:46 PM
I would prefer it if Lennon was given the chance to talk more about Hibs when he is on these national TV/radio platforms. It would also be nice if he would decline to answer any Celtic related questions when he gets them interviews. I'm going to guess that his pre-match interview for this weekend is going to be filled with questions about the Old Firm game on Sunday, with a sprinkling of questions about the Livingston-Hibs game.

He's a well known face in England due to his time with Leicester and Crewe and also as the ex Celtic player and manager, so he's always going to be someone who is invited onto these shows to give his views. I'm not kidding myself though I realise the profile of Scottish football in England is extremely low and they barely give two hoots about any Scottish clubs outside of Rangers and Celtic.

Stevie Reid
28-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Good programme. Lennon as good as you would expect, have always liked Murphy too. DM guy talking sense too.

Good to have a panel without some pantomime character on it for controversy's sake.

RoslinInstHibby
28-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Shame the ticker at the bottom flicked from....

"Celtic Manager 2010/14"

then

"Won 3 Championships with Celtic"

then

"Won 2 Scottish Cups with Celtic"

F******* booo!

It did have Hibernian manager 1st to be fair...

FitbaFolkKen
28-08-2018, 10:03 PM
It did have Hibernian manager 1st to be fair...

It just did it again and I didn't see Hibs anywhere, doesn't bother me just adding fuel to the fire ;)

We just got the badge and Hibernian Manager just as I was about to post this :nlgwa

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Well he got to talk about us a bit in the end :cb

houstonhibbee
28-08-2018, 11:58 PM
I would prefer it if Lennon was given the chance to talk more about Hibs when he is on these national TV/radio platforms. It would also be nice if he would decline to answer any Celtic related questions when he gets them interviews. I'm going to guess that his pre-match interview for this weekend is going to be filled with questions about the Old Firm game on Sunday, with a sprinkling of questions about the Livingston-Hibs game.

He's a well known face in England due to his time with Leicester and Crewe and also as the ex Celtic player and manager, so he's always going to be someone who is invited onto these shows to give his views. I'm not kidding myself though I realise the profile of Scottish football in England is extremely low and they barely give two hoots about any Scottish clubs outside of Rangers and Celtic.

If he's only going to talk about Hibs they'll stop inviting him on these programmes

john18722
29-08-2018, 07:25 AM
If he's only going to talk about Hibs they'll stop inviting him on these programmes

Exactly, the majority of people in the UK aren’t that interested in Hibs.

Betty Boop
29-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Couldnae imagine Brendan Rogers appearing to talk about Liverpool while he's Celtic manager.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-08-2018, 10:01 AM
A fair bit of social media attention given to Danny Murphy's comments on the behaviour of our manager on the touchline during the debate. NL should have chinned him

Huns of course, are lapping it up because anybody that serves their club is an outstanding human who behaves excellently in the dugout and a complete professional.....

Weapons

Hibbyradge
29-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Huns of course, are lapping it up because anybody that serves their club is an outstanding human who behaves excellently in the dugout and a complete professional.....

Weapons

What were they doing?

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-08-2018, 10:24 AM
What were they doing?

All retweeting the clip where Murphy almost called Lennon an idiot and slamming the touchline of our gaffer with the obvious sectarian remarks