PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean we're really finished with Hampden?

Hibbyradge
28-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Billy Whizz just posted this on the PM board.

It was published on Youtube today. :shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hj-UkXDvPk&feature=youtu.be

BoomtownHibees
28-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Billy Whizz just posted this on the PM board.

It was published on Youtube today. :shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hj-UkXDvPk&feature=youtu.be

Maybe a “just incase”

Hibbyradge
28-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Maybe a “just incase”

Maybe, but a bit strange make it public now.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Fingers crossed.

Callum_62
28-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Looks like it

Someone will be getting there knuckles wrapped for releasing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
28-08-2018, 10:53 AM
I'm shocked but pleased. About time we upset the West coast bud. No more "Rangers" and "Celtic" ends. Suits us this move.

SirDavidsNapper
28-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Looks more like a promotional video rather than any sort of announcement

JimboHibs
28-08-2018, 10:56 AM
I'm shocked but pleased. About time we upset the West coast bud. No more "Rangers" and "Celtic" ends. Suits us this move.

Don't think it means much yet ??

Looks to be a promo/presentation video,possibly more a case of what could have been.

Hope it's correct though 👍

AllyF
28-08-2018, 10:58 AM
It's quite clearly the video they used in their pitch. Means nothing.

SideBurns
28-08-2018, 10:59 AM

That's what it looks like to me. No mention that it's now the home of Scottish football, just rugby!

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2018, 11:02 AM

eggsactly :agree:

Diclonius
28-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Please. Murrayfield for finals and all over the country for semis. If Celtic and Rangers are drawn together in a semi, tough. Toss a coin for Ibrox/Parkhead and treat it as a neutral venue with a 50/50 split.

Since90+2
28-08-2018, 11:05 AM
The start of the video has the Scottish FA logo and Home of written above it. It would be abit odd to release this if they weren't moving to Murrayfield.

Hibbyradge
28-08-2018, 11:08 AM
It's promotional.

Billy Whizz
28-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Looks like it

Someone will be getting there knuckles wrapped for releasing that

The SRU released it on LinkedIn today

J-C
28-08-2018, 11:12 AM
My thoughts too, promo video used by rugby chiefs to sell Murrayfield to SFA

Since90+2
28-08-2018, 11:14 AM
My thoughts too, promo video used by rugby chiefs to sell Murrayfield to SFA

Possibly. I just find the timing strange , the SFA will have made their decision already (on the basis they are announcing it this week) so the SRU are going to look abit daft releasing a video that shows the results SFA being based at Murrayfield only for it to be taken down a day or so later.

Guess we won't have long to wait and find out either way.

matty_f
28-08-2018, 11:15 AM

That's what I thought.

bingo70
28-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Possibly. I just find the timing strange , the SFA will have made their decision already (on the basis they are announcing it this week) so the SRU are going to look abit daft releasing a video that shows the results SFA being based at Murrayfield only for it to be taken down a day or so later.

Guess we won't have long to wait and find out either way.

I've not really been keeping up as i assumed it would never happen, when this week are we expecting to find out?

Hibbyradge
28-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Scottish Rugby

Verified account

@Scotlandteam
Follow Follow @Scotlandteam
More

WATCH | Scottish Rugby today makes its final bid to become the future home of Scottish football. Here’s the short film that will open our presentation to @ScottishFA

➡️https://youtu.be/3hj-UkXDvPk

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2018, 11:25 AM
**** yer Follow Follow p@sh

:)

Itsnoteasy
28-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Commentery on promo video states many great football teams have played here. Barcelona, Celtic & Rangers.
Fu#$€n typical.

Bishop Hibee
28-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Both stadiums are well past it. Leg room at Muddyfeld is awful and you’re miles from the pitch.

bingo70
28-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Scottish Rugby

Verified account

@Scotlandteam
Follow Follow @Scotlandteam
More

WATCH | Scottish Rugby today makes its final bid to become the future home of Scottish football. Here’s the short film that will open our presentation to @ScottishFA

➡️https://youtu.be/3hj-UkXDvPk

Not really relevant to the point being made but did anyone else find that video really annoying?

Not sure what it is, the music, the boys voice, the cheesiness of it or maybe all of that. As far as promotional videos go, they've no exactly pushed the boat out to make an impression.

IWasThere2016
28-08-2018, 11:33 AM
I really hope so. I detest Hampden and post 21 May 2016, I doubt I will return tbh.

calumhibee1
28-08-2018, 11:36 AM
I really hope so. I detest Hampden and post 21 May 2016, I doubt I will return tbh.

You wouldn’t go back if Hibs were in another Scottish Cup final because you don’t like the stadium? Can I ask why?

hibbyfraelibby
28-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Both stadiums are well past it. Leg room at Muddyfeld is awful and you’re miles from the pitch.

Leg room at Murrayfield is better than Hamdump and Easter Road and despite the weegie hype you are actually closer to the pitch even Murrayfield West v Hampdump South

SirDavidsNapper
28-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Not really relevant to the point being made but did anyone else find that video really annoying?

Not sure what it is, the music, the boys voice, the cheesiness of it or maybe all of that. As far as promotional videos go, they've no exactly pushed the boat out to make an impression.

Looked like the lassie made a forward pass with the rugby ball and made no attempt to save the boys shot. Someone needs to have a word with her :wink:

Spike Mandela
28-08-2018, 11:46 AM
SFA will surely want to ‘move on’.

RoxburghHibs
28-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Commentery on promo video states many great football teams have played here. Barcelona, Celtic & Rangers.
Fu#$€n typical.

Yip no mention of the mighty Hibees :grr:

Dancehibs
28-08-2018, 12:17 PM

agree - lets hope is true

Hibernian Verse
28-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Mon the Murrayfield

Greenbeard
28-08-2018, 12:40 PM
If Murrayfield are relying on this video then nae chance. Kiddies venue? Very little in there to sell it to the Tartan Army instead of Hampden.

Hibbyradge
28-08-2018, 12:45 PM
If Murrayfield are relying on this video then nae chance. Kiddies venue? Very little in there to sell it to the Tartan Army instead of Hampden.

They're not selling it to the tartan army.

JimBHibees
28-08-2018, 12:46 PM

Apart from much superior stadium, far better viewing, a 22% increase in the number of people who can attend, much better transport links, better atmosphere due to enclosed stadium etc

Hibernian Verse
28-08-2018, 12:48 PM
They're not selling it to the tartan army.

Has the Tartan Army released a statement on this? Given a lot of them are from Perthshire & beyond I'd think Edinburgh would be much more attractive than Glasgow in terms of getting in and out of the city after a big game.

soupernashwan
28-08-2018, 12:53 PM
I can't believe they're using John Inverdale's quote as some kind of badge of honour. He's the most annoying sub-Partridge level sports broadcaster I can think of.

Deansy
28-08-2018, 12:57 PM
'... and the likes of Barcelona, Celtic and Rangers have all taken to the pitch over the years' - strange there's no mention of the 'big team' who actually used Murrayfield as a home-venue quite recently ......................

In all seriousness, I can't see the GFA picking Murrayfield - the 'Old S**M' won't allow it as it would mean playing future semi-finals/cup-finals AWAY from the Weeg !

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Yip no mention of the mighty Hibees :grr:

Or the Jambos who have played more games there than anybody :greengrin

As it is and no matter its shortcomings Murrayfield is clearly stratospherically better than Hampdump as a stadium .. though as a football stadium I'm not so sure, I would have to see Scotland play a sold out big game there, or a Scottish cup final take place in front of a full house before that judgment could be made.

Where it clearly falls short is as a venue for cup semi finals between the likes of Motherwell and Dundee Utd for example … its bad enough watching a sub 20K crowd rattling around inside a 52,000 seater, imagine that in a 67,000 seater, it would be sodding tragic.

In many ways the choice of Murrayfield by the SFA would be an open door for Hibs and Hearts. The Scottish and league cup semis and less popular Scotland games would have to be be shared around and though Ibrox and Celtic park would be appropriate for games like Hibs or Hearts v Aberdeen anything else would have to go to Easter Road or the rust arena. Any new Aberdeen stadium is out of the equation IMO … why the hell send a Motherwell v St Mirren crowd for example to Aberdeen, new stadium or not, when there is a 20,000 or 19,000 :greengrin capacity stadium far closer.

This could be a wee windfall for us in the long run if it were to happen :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2018, 01:04 PM

Yer kiddin' right?

Have you seen the tartan army, or at least the ones who follow the team abroad?…. as a species they seem to me to be far closer to Rugby bufters than the fitba fans I see around me at Easter Road on a Saturday. I would have thought Murrayfield would be right up their street :greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-08-2018, 01:08 PM
You wouldn’t go back if Hibs were in another Scottish Cup final because you don’t like the stadium? Can I ask why?

Nothing will top 21 May 2016 and I despise Glasgow as a place, and Hampden more so. I'm tired of it - dire viewing around 50% of the ground, the dire train service, traffic and the 'facilities' etc it truly is a hole.

It should also be in the Capital..

GreenCastle
28-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know what a football game is like at Murrayfield?

My only game was Hibs v Barcelona and that was a friendly so not exactly the best example.

Having been to the stadium for the rugby it’s good when full but smaller crowds it feels very empty.

Not sure how the yams felt playing there ?

TelaStella
28-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Looks more like a video promoting the Murrayfield bid than anything else, funnily its all about rugby.

Phil MaGlass
28-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Poor video if I am honest, hope tae god its murrayfield, I would be more inclined to come back for Scotland games now, stooped going when levein took over.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Or the Jambos who have played more games there than anybody :greengrin

As it is and no matter its shortcomings Murrayfield is clearly stratospherically better than Hampdump as a stadium .. though as a football stadium I'm not so sure, I would have to see Scotland play a sold out big game there, or a Scottish cup final take place in front of a full house before that judgment could be made.

Where it clearly falls short is as a venue for cup semi finals between the likes of Motherwell and Dundee Utd for example … its bad enough watching a sub 20K crowd rattling around inside a 52,000 seater, imagine that in a 67,000 seater, it would be sodding tragic.

In many ways the choice of Murrayfield by the SFA would be an open door for Hibs and Hearts. The Scottish and league cup semis and less popular Scotland games would have to be be shared around and though Ibrox and Celtic park would be appropriate for games like Hibs or Hearts v Aberdeen anything else would have to go to Easter Road or the rust arena. Any new Aberdeen stadium is out of the equation IMO … why the hell send a Motherwell v St Mirren crowd for example to Aberdeen, new stadium or not, when there is a 20,000 or 19,000 :greengrin capacity stadium far closer.

This could be a wee windfall for us in the long run if it were to happen :aok:

I suppose the benefit of Murrayfield if it were to be used for semi finals is that you could just open the bottom tier for smaller crowds. That would give an illusion of a bigger crowd and generate a bit atmosphere into the bargain.

sauzee6_2
28-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Don’t read anything into this.

There is an SFA board meeting tomorrow where all of the options will be explained by an independent consultant.

The board will make a decision from there, possibly tomorrow, but unlikely.

Keith_M
28-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Don’t read anything into this.

There is an SFA board meeting tomorrow where all of the options will be explained by an independent consultant.

The board will make a decision from there, possibly tomorrow, but unlikely.

"So Gentlemen, how many of you fancy having to traipse all the way through to Embra every day for work?"

"That'll be a unanimous vote to stay in our comfy Hampden offices, with free parking, and make no changes to the stadium whatsoever, then"

"Motion carried"

norhfc
28-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Would love to hear a full stadium of football fans at Murrayfield. Would blow away any rugby game, and the facilities for fans are far better, fanzones, food etc.

heidtheba
28-08-2018, 03:20 PM
"So Gentlemen, how many of you fancy having to traipse all the way through to Embra every day for work?"

"That'll be a unanimous vote to stay in our comfy Hampden offices, with free parking, and make no changes to the stadium whatsoever, then"

"Motion carried"

"So Gentlemen, how many of you fancy having to traipse all the way through to Embra the next time the mighty Rangers get to a final?"

"But it's a new team and they got pumped off the Hibbees last time anyway"

"Strike that from the minutes and make sure the person who said that is never seen in this office again. That'll be a unanimous vote to stay in our comfy Hampden offices, with free parking, and make no changes to the stadium whatsoever, then. Are we having succulent lamb for lunch? We've not had that in ages."

"Motion carried"

Hibbyradge
28-08-2018, 03:32 PM

"Motion carried"

"So, gentlemen, who fancies 22% bigger crowds and 22% more income?"

AndyM_1875
28-08-2018, 03:46 PM
"So Gentlemen, how many of you fancy having to traipse all the way through to Embra the next time the mighty Rangers get to a final?"

"But it's a new team and they got pumped off the Hibbees last time anyway"

"Strike that from the minutes and make sure the person who said that is never seen in this office again. That'll be a unanimous vote to stay in our comfy Hampden offices, with free parking, and make no changes to the stadium whatsoever, then. Are we having succulent lamb for lunch? We've not had that in ages."

"Motion carried"

Unanimous? Doubt it.

One of the main SFA decision makers tomorrow is Rod Petrie.

Since90+2
28-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Only for a select few games. Alot of the Scotland games and semi finals won't get anyway near the capacity of Murrayfield so the extra capacity is abit of a red herring probably about 60 percent of the time.

Ozyhibby
28-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Only for a select few games. Alot of the Scotland games and semi finals won't get anyway near the capacity of Murrayfield so the extra capacity is abit of a red herring probably about 60 percent of the time.

Semi finals don’t need to be at Murrayfield. They are only at Hampden just now because the SFA hire the ground anyway. Murrayfield are certain the can sell out Scotland games, which given they sell out the rugby even when they are rubbish, maybe we should listen.

Hibbyradge
28-08-2018, 04:12 PM

I think more people would go to the games because it's a) a better stadium, b) because it's easier to get to and c) because many thousands of Sevco fans in Glasgow don't support Scotland.

I know loads of Hibs and Hearts fans who don't go to Hampden for semi finals because of the hassle getting there. They wouldn't miss a game at Murrayfield. Celtc and Sevco will always sell all their allocation wherever their semi finals are held.

Money will play a big role in the SFAs consideration.

Mind you, the much better hospitality will be a huge attraction for the blazers too. :wink:

Carheenlea
28-08-2018, 04:50 PM
There would be even more games played in front of less than capacity crowds at Murrayfield than we currently see at Hampden. It’s not a bigger stadium we need, it’s a better one. Murrafield is the worst of all the 6 Nations Stadiums and wouldn’t be much improvement on Hampden Park.
A Hampden with each end redeveloped and squared off is my preference.

Ozyhibby
28-08-2018, 04:56 PM
There would be even more games played in front of less than capacity crowds at Murrayfield than we currently see at Hampden. It’s not a bigger stadium we need, it’s a better one. Murrafield is the worst of all the 6 Nations Stadiums and wouldn’t be much improvement on Hampden Park.

That last paragraph is just not going to happen. The money just isn’t there. You would be as well wishing for Messi signing for Hibs.

Callum_62
28-08-2018, 05:02 PM

Its competition is Hampden not Twickenham

I cant see from a supporters perspective how Murrayfield doesnt win hands down

I suspect we will stay at Hampden though

judas
28-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Hampden is absurdly poor for our national stadium.

But Murrayfield probably isn’t the best alternative.

I think a bigger football fan base resides in the west.

What about a new stadium in the central belt?

Ozyhibby
28-08-2018, 06:17 PM

There is no money for a new stadium and I can’t think of any country who would build a national stadium outside a major city.

ancient hibee
28-08-2018, 06:17 PM

There's no money and even if there was it shouldn't be wasted on building a stadium for half a dozen games a year.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-08-2018, 06:37 PM
I suppose the benefit of Murrayfield if it were to be used for semi finals is that you could just open the bottom tier for smaller crowds. That would give an illusion of a bigger crowd and generate a bit atmosphere into the bargain.

They already do this at Hampden - I’m fed up going to a semi final and forced to sit behind the goals while the seats with the best view (upper stands) sit empty.

I get that it’s to improve the TV spectacle but we’re the ones paying over the odds to get to the sodding place and to get in, we should at least be given the opportunity to sit in the upper stand.

Keith_M
28-08-2018, 06:40 PM

Do you honestly think they'll consider such trivialities over their own comfort?

Ozyhibby
28-08-2018, 07:28 PM
If it wasn’t the SFA making the decision this would be a slam dunk for Murrayfield.
Everyone who is advocating Hampden is only backing it with mega millions getting spent on renovating it. That money just isn’t there.

What I think will happen is that the SFA will pick Hampden with a promise of a feasibility study on upgrading it. The upgrade will never happen and they will just carry on as before.

jakedance
28-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Murrayfield is the better option for every reason other than nostalgia. It’s not a great stadium though. I’d certainly go to more (probably all) Scotland matches if this happens so fingers crossed we make the switch.

jakedance
28-08-2018, 07:31 PM
If it wasn’t the SFA making the decision this would be a slam dunk for Murrayfield.
Everyone who is advocating Hampden is only backing it with mega millions getting spent on renovating it. That money just isn’t there.

What I think will happen is that the SFA will pick Hampden with a promise of a feasibility study on upgrading it. The upgrade will never happen and they will just carry on as before.

This would be where the smart money would go. I’d back a redeveloped Hampden but it’s not happening.

GlesgaeHibby
28-08-2018, 07:40 PM
There is no money for a new stadium and I can’t think of any country who would build a national stadium outside a major city.

Agreed. The thought of a new stadium at Stirling, as many seem keen on, is utterly ridiculous.

Carheenlea
28-08-2018, 07:47 PM

You’ll not be far wrong there I’d imagine.

Mikey_1875
28-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Don't really like the idea of Celtic or Rangers descending on/celebrating winning a cup in Edinburgh. Even worse if the two of them faced each other keep it in Glasgow

Keith_M
28-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Shame our national Rugby stadium isn't more like Twickenham. I realise it probably looks a bit dated compared to some other stadia, but I think it'd be ideal for a combined national football and rugby stadium.

BullsCloseHibs
28-08-2018, 08:50 PM
I so hope that this is the end for Dumpden. Pleeeeeeez.

ekhibee
28-08-2018, 09:02 PM

Stuart Cosgrove thinks this is a good idea too, he was talking about it on Off The Ball on Saturday. It would be my preferred option too but it's never going to happen unless there are other facilities involved or unless they can get regular gigs there too. If the truth be told I don't mind where the national stadium is if Scotland or Hibs are winning there I couldn't care less if it's Edinburgh, Glasgow or anywhere else.

Clarence
28-08-2018, 09:23 PM
I’m not keen on the Murrayfield idea. I quite like the trip west for the cup games, I think it adds to the occasion. Murrayfield is also too close to *********** for comfort.

hibsforeurope
29-08-2018, 11:31 AM
I can't seen any other outcome than Hampden being announced.

This whole thing is aimed at getting a reduced rent or purchase fee to remain in Glasgow. I don't believe they ever intended to leave Hampden.

Sammy7nil
29-08-2018, 11:39 AM
I’m not keen on the Murrayfield idea. I quite like the trip west for the cup games, I think it adds to the occasion. Murrayfield is also too close to *********** for comfort.

I have been travelling to Hampden for nearly 50 years waiting in traffic for an hour outside the ground on many occasions while Celtic celebrate at "THEIR" end despite the fact it make no sense they have that end when we play them.

So I would quite like a 20 - 30 minute bus or tram juourney to the ground drinking in bars you know well and are easy to to get to a and from.

Murrayfirld for me.

tamig
29-08-2018, 11:44 AM

Not sure on your fanbase point if we’re talking the National team. There are a lot of OF fans who are more likely to be interested in either England or Ireland before their home country. A lot of the Scotland support comes from the east.

JeMeSouviens
29-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Aside from the obvious drawback that Celtc and Sevco would get more money, Ibrox and Parkhead are both miles better than Hampden or Murrayfield. But if it has to be between those 2 then Murrayfield is easily the better stadium.

The history/nostalgia angle is a bonkers reason to stay - so expect the SFA to do exactly that. :rolleyes:

Biggie
29-08-2018, 11:46 AM
I have been travelling to Hampden for nearly 50 years waiting in traffic for an hour outside the ground on many occasions while Celtic celebrate at "THEIR" end despite the fact it make no sense they have that end when we play them.

So I would quite like a 20 - 30 minute bus or tram juourney to the ground drinking in bars you know well and are easy to to get to a and from.

Murrayfirld for me.

Amen to that bro

Oscar T Grouch
29-08-2018, 12:25 PM
The other consideration the SFA may look at is if they move to Muddyfield then it could spell the end for the oldest football club in Scotland. Queens Park will be due lotto money back if Hampden is no longer the National football stadium (I maybe wrong but I am sure I read that somewhere). In an ideal world and with a limitless pot of money a new stadium in Central belt with train links, huge car parks linked to the motorway system and a commercial village built would be best. In the circumstances we are in now, I think Muddyfield is the best option in terms of facilities moving into the future but I think we all know Hampden is still going to be the national stadium and it will never improve, it will slowly deteriorate until it is unusable when we will go all Italian and just move the national stadium around the country with Parkhead and Ibrox being used for finals. Never believe the SFA will do anything innovative or forward thinking, they will take the easy short term option and let their successors deal with the issue at some time in the future.

29-08-2018, 12:37 PM
On Sportsound last night Chris McLaughlin said that Queen's Park wanted £6m for Hampden but the SFA cannot afford it. He also said the financial calculations clearly pointed to Murrayfield as the better option.

If the calculations say Murrayfield is the better choice financially coupled with so many fans saying Hampden is a poor experience it seems as if the sensible decision would be to move to Murrayfield, however we are talking about the SFA here. I'm guessing the majority of the SFA are based in the west so who is going to vote to move their place of work an hour or more further away.

Mclaughlin also said there was likely to be a 3rd option which is to delay the decision. This is the option I am expecting them to go for and if it is then clearly then don't intend to pick Murrayfield, it will just be to buy themselves more time whilst they put pressure on Queen's Park to lower the asking price.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Zero chance Murrayfield will be used. This is purely an exercise so that they can say they considered all options.

Hampden will get refurbished again at some point in the future.

Michael
29-08-2018, 12:42 PM
On Sportsound last night Chris McLaughlin said that Queen's Park wanted £6m for Hampden but the SFA cannot afford it. He also said the financial calculations clearly pointed to Murrayfield as the better option.

If the calculations say Murrayfield is the better choice financially coupled with so many fans saying Hampden is a poor experience it seems as if the sensible decision would be to move to Murrayfield, however we are talking about the SFA here. I'm guessing the majority of the SFA are based in the west so who is going to vote to move their place of work an hour or more further away.

Mclaughlin also said there was likely to be a 3rd option which is to delay the decision. This is the option I am expecting them to go for and if it is then clearly then don't intend to pick Murrayfield, it will just be to buy themselves more time whilst they put pressure on Queen's Park to lower the asking price.

They don't have to work at the stadium though do they? Could just rent some offices in Glasgow.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Zero chance Murrayfield will be used. This is purely an exercise so that they can say they considered all options.

Hampden will get refurbished again at some point in the future.

Tempted to agree. No way will those entrenched masonic weedgie dinosaurs give up that toilet even though the footballing and logistical reasons for doing so are overwhelming. This is purely a time wasting stunt.

29-08-2018, 01:04 PM
They don't have to work at the stadium though do they? Could just rent some offices in Glasgow.

I agree but they won't want to have an extra hour to travel home after all their matchday hospitality.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Tempted to agree. No way will those entrenched masonic weedgie dinosaurs give up that toilet even though the footballing and logistical reasons for doing so are overwhelming. This is purely a time wasting stunt.

One way of looking at it I guess.

Another would be that transport links at Hampden are way better, a refurbished football station will be infinitely better than Murrayfield and why should the masons and dinosaurs at the SRU get all the benefits?!

Since90+2
29-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Another would be that transport links at Hampden are way better, a refurbished football station will be infinitely better than Murrayfield and why should the masons and dinosaurs at the SRU get all the benefits?!

Transport links at Hampden are way better than Murrayfield? I'd say it's the other way around.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Try driving out by Newbridge, Hermiston Gait or the city bypass after a six nations game and see what you think!!

Also there’s hee haw parking around there.

Hampden isn’t nearly as bad as folk make out.

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Try driving out by Newbridge, Hermiston Gait or the city bypass after a six nations game and see what you think!!

Nope its 10 times worse...

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Transport links are not better at hampdump, we have multiple roads/rail, for buses, trains and cars all leading to the Motorways, you also have Haymarket on the corner, an abundance of restaurants and bars, (in my case anyhoos) we also have an airport that handles more flights to Edinburgh from Holland:greengrin . Its a straight road from airport to ground, easier you cannot get.
We should be looking to the future and not back, nostalgia should have nothing to do with the decision, the future of our game should be played at M,field with smaller games moved around Scotland to sellik, huns, Hibs and Dons to name a few. Most European countries do this, it saves money and means more can be invested in grass roots.

If or when M,field needs updated its good to know there will be 2 sports that will be able to plough the cash in for refurbishment or a new stadium in time

LOOK TO THE FUTURE, NOT THE PAST.

Lago
29-08-2018, 01:35 PM
As they use to, in the days of Ernie & Jim.

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2018, 01:47 PM
As they use to, in the days of Ernie & Jim.

Park Gardens...those were the days.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Transport links are not better at hampdump, we have multiple roads/rail, for buses, trains and cars all leading to the Motorways, you also have Haymarket on the corner, an abundance of restaurants and bars, (in my case anyhoos) we also have an airport that handles more flights to Edinburgh from Holland:greengrin . Its a straight road from airport to ground, easier you cannot get.
We should be looking to the future and not back, nostalgia should have nothing to do with the decision, the future of our game should be played at M,field with smaller games moved around Scotland to sellik, huns, Hibs and Dons to name a few. Most European countries do this, it saves money and means more can be invested in grass roots.

If or when M,field needs updated its good to know there will be 2 sports that will be able to plough the cash in for refurbishment or a new stadium in time

So where does everyone park?

Cannae really get flights back to Perth, Stirling, Dundee etc.

Trams take around 200-300 people each yeah? Gonna take a while to get the crowds out at that rate.

Glasgow has buses too you know.

As as example, Aberdeen to Hampden takes around 3 hrs. To Murrayfield it’s only about 20 mins quicker.

From Inverness it’s about 10 mins quicker to get to Hampden than Murrayfield by car.

The only folk clamouring for Murrayfield are folk from Edinburgh. Go figure!!

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2018, 01:51 PM

The transport links at Hampden are terrible. It's in an isolated part of Glasgow, miles from the centre, and getting off the M8 by coach is a nightmare.

Stuart93
29-08-2018, 01:55 PM

I'm interested to hear about how transport links at hampden are better? Getting to hampden is a ****ing nightmare most of the time.

Allant1981
29-08-2018, 01:56 PM
The transport links at Hampden are terrible. It's in an isolated part of Glasgow, miles from the centre, and getting off the M8 by coach is a nightmare.

its really not, its about 3 miles with various modes of transport going to the stadium, cant say ive walked more than 15 minutes back to a bus after any game either, there is plenty parking also for cars nearby, its just as bad getting parked near murrayfield for the rugby so no different there

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 01:57 PM
If you’re going from Edinburgh you should really come off the M8 and on to the M74. Saves you a whole load of time since the upgrade last year.

Tell your driver next time. I didn’t think anyone from this side of he country would use the M8, madness!!

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2018, 01:58 PM

Trams take around 200-300 people each yeah? Gonna take a while to get the crowds out at that rate.

As as example, Aberdeen to Hampden takes around 3 hrs. To Murrayfield it’s only about 20 mins quicker.

From Inverness it’s about 10 mins quicker to get to Hampden than Murrayfield by car.

Where does everybody park? Same place they do for 60k+ sell outs at the moment.

Haymarket with it trains every 2 minutes and thousands per hour capacity is not a lot further than Mount Florida with its 230 capacity 3 car trains every 15 minutes vs the 250 capacity trams every 5 minutes.

Trains direct from Inverness, Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen and all points west to Haymarket and no need to change traibs or traipse across town to change station.

Park and Rides on the West and South of city, not to mention the one at Inverkeithing which has its own dedicate bus only bridge across the Forth and adjacent train station.

20 minute walk from Princes Street.

Aye Hampdump has the upper hand. They only people championing it are the dinosaurs who didn't see the meteor coming.

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Its still quicker, 20 minutes bothway is 40 minutes ffs,

You also forget about trains, Hamdumps a nightmare to get into and out of,for trains and buses, as for local buses, forget it.

I live in Holland, for me to come back for international games means M,field is also quicker.
seems its quicker for most. The whole getting to Hamdumps a nightmare, think back to any semis or finals we have been to recently, stuck for hours on the motorway, hoping to make KO and that was leaving with plenty of time to go.

sauzee6_2
29-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Strong rumours are that Murrayfield in in a strong position with internal officials being very confident.

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2018, 02:08 PM
If true, I will renew my membership, abso,f,n lutely.

Hibernian Verse
29-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Strong rumours are that Murrayfield in in a strong position with internal officials being very confident.

I'll go first..

Source of rumours?

vuefrom1875
29-08-2018, 02:12 PM

Agree with everything but.....just can't see the weggies moving from weggieland.

bingo70
29-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Looking through my crystal ball i think we will announce a deal to play some games at Murrayfield while we redevelop Hampden.

Everyone is happy.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Where does everybody park? Same place they do for 60k+ sell outs at the moment.

Haymarket with it trains every 2 minutes and thousands per hour capacity is not a lot further than Mount Florida with its 230 capacity 3 car trains every 15 minutes vs the 250 capacity trams every 5 minutes.

Trains direct from Inverness, Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen and all points west to Haymarket and no need to change traibs or traipse across town to change station.

Park and Rides on the West and South of city, not to mention the one at Inverkeithing which has its own dedicate bus only bridge across the Forth and adjacent train station.

20 minute walk from Princes Street.

Aye Hampdump has the upper hand. They only people championing it are the dinosaurs who didn't see the meteor coming.

Guess there’s tens of thousands of us dinosaurs across the country then!!!

J-C
29-08-2018, 02:24 PM

Apart from taking over an hour to get anywhere near the motorway after a game.

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Guess there’s tens of thousands of us dinosaurs across the country then!!!

Yup and they are all doomed. The mammals are on the ascendancy.

I'm Spartacus
29-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Tweet to Jim Spence asking if Murrayfield can just buy Hampden's history :) Made me chuckle.

The GFA will just think of the most sensible and popular decision ....... and go with the complete opposite.

Jones28
29-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Looking through my crystal ball i think we will announce a deal to play some games at Murrayfield while we redevelop Hampden.

Everyone is happy.

With what money though? The SFA can't afford the 6 million Queen's Park are asking for Hampden.

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2018, 02:49 PM
How long does it take to make a decision? thought they were meeting this morning? This is taking longer than it takes to leave Hampden after big events :wink:

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 02:51 PM
With what money though? The SFA can't afford the 6 million Queen's Park are asking for Hampden.

It’s the £6m plus many millions to bring it up to modern standards.
This money has to come from the clubs and the grassroots of the game.

Blaster
29-08-2018, 02:55 PM

Or Qatar 😉

Jones28
29-08-2018, 03:01 PM

Therein lies the problem. We would be further taking away from an element of the game in Scotland that desperately needs investment and throwing at a stadium the majority don't want.

A move away from Hampden has been suggested to be better financially for the SFA. They would be mad to ignore that.

RobR27
29-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Twitter rumours saying that they've asked for more information and won't be making a final decision today.

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 04:03 PM
No decision today apparently.

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 04:06 PM
No decision today means that Murrayfield must have been the best proposal by a mile but the SFA’s bottle is crashing big time.

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 04:09 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45344636?__twitter_impression=true

hibbyfraelibby
29-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Bottled it. Murrayfield business case comes out miles ahead but they just cant bring themselves to pull the trigger and put Hampdump out of its misery right away.

CropleyWasGod
29-08-2018, 04:11 PM
Bottled it. Murrayfield business case comes out miles ahead but they just cant bring themselves to pull the trigger and put Hampdump out of its misery right away.

I'd rather they took more time and got the decision, and the selling of it, correct.

JimBHibees
29-08-2018, 04:14 PM
No decision today means that Murrayfield must have been the best proposal by a mile but the SFA’s bottle is crashing big time.

Would agree with that. No doubt planing some fudge that will end with Hampden getting the decision.

GreenCastle
29-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Shambles - but it’s the Scottish FA so is anyone surprised - they knew today’s meeting was taking place - how come they haven’t got the info required ?!

Makes Scottish Football a laughing stock so often - can’t get the basics right.

Spike Mandela
29-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Joke organisation with so many vested interests among the blazers that they couldn’t make a progressive decision even if the bung was big enough.

vuefrom1875
29-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Joke organisation with so many vested interests among the blazers that they couldn’t make a progressive decision even if the bung was big enough.

You cannae the weggies out of Glasgow and you cannae take Glasgow out of the weggies.

Lendo
29-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Absolute bottle job from the SFA. No surprise.

Wakeyhibee
29-08-2018, 04:24 PM
why would they have a final tour of Hampden as the BBC reports? Murrayfield fair enough, but they live at Hampden currently. Really does reek of "going through the motions" to come up with more of the same.

Centre Hawf
29-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Hampden is dire, the views are atrocious from majority of sections, the transport link is dreadful, the local police are awful. Murrayfield all the way.

Pretty Boy
29-08-2018, 04:27 PM
It's a huge decision so if they feel they need more time I'm pleased theyare asking for it.

Spike Mandela
29-08-2018, 04:28 PM
“The board had final tours of Hampden and Murrayfield on Tuesday.

They also met to discuss the issues, having spent several days poring over thick dossiers on each bid.”

:greengrin:greengrin Out of the same phrase book as “Now that’s what I call a planning application”

****ing amateurs:cb

Lago
29-08-2018, 04:30 PM
Totally aggre, you can still hear the sound of breaking glass. No wonder outsiders think Scottish football a complete joke.

Spike Mandela
29-08-2018, 04:30 PM
It's a huge decision so if they feel they need more time I'm pleased theyare asking for it.

It’s not huge it’s just a decision. Unfortunately we don’t have anyone competent enough to make one.

29-08-2018, 04:32 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45344636?__twitter_impression=true

Just as I said earlier. Option 3 - delay the decision. The Murrayfield proposal must be so far ahead that they cannot justify staying at Hampden. However, they obviously want to stay at Hampden so need more time to improve the Hampden proposition i.e. bully Queen's Park into handing Hampden over to them for next to nothing.

Incidentally, I quite like our regular day trips to Hampden, it isn't too much of a hassle for me to get there. What annoys me is the incompetent idiots running the game who usually make their decisions based on what is best for the "elite" few and not all of Scottish football.

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 04:34 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180829/27bbb74774fbe3bc6fce4e4d2f03f50a.jpg

The Spaceman
29-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Absolute joke. No-brainer to move it to Murrayfield - they are obviously struggling to pick holes in that bid and need extra time.

Islington Hibs
29-08-2018, 04:40 PM
It seems the majority here want Murrayfield. Don't get it myself. While Hampden is not great Murrayfield is sole-less, a concrete monstrosity, has a fairly poor atmosphere and to be honest is too big for all but the very biggest games.

Hampden is not as bad as many make out, is a good day out and has plenty of room to improve over time. Who knows what delaying the decision means and which way it would go but frankly moving to Murrayfield would be like the Pope selling St Peter's and moving to protestant St Paul's. You just done do it.

Pretty Boy
29-08-2018, 04:43 PM
It’s not huge it’s just a decision. Unfortunately we don’t have anyone competent enough to make one.

Of course it's a huge decision. I'm broadly supportive of a move away from Hampden but I'm not blinded to the scale of the decision.

It's walking away from a century of tradition and facing the inevitable onslaught that comes with that. It's placing one of our oldest and most successful clubs in a perilous position and given the way the SRU have treated Murrayfield Wanderers in recent years it's imperative any deal with them is watertight. It also has to make financial sense when it comes renting Murrayfield and replacing the office space that will be lost at Hampden.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 04:45 PM
So basically if the decision isn’t Murrayfield then it’s cause everyone involved is corrupt etc etc.?

Talk about toys out the pram!

Do any of you ever have to make big decisions at work? Do you spit the dummy if you don’t get your own way?

They’ve not even decided yet but you’ve got them hung, drawn and quartered already

Man I hope some of you never get to do jury duty!

weecounty hibby
29-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Bottle merchants who make the Trumpton town council look professional! I heard Archie McPherson saying on the radio today basically that the SRU were begging SFA to come to Murrayfield to dig them out if a financial hole. Poor poor "journalism" as the SRU debt has been managed down to Bout £2m and that is with them actually funding the pro teams to the tune of about £10m each per year. As a big rugby fan I have been critical of the SRU in the past but they are getting more right than wrong at the moment. Let's contrast the attendances lately. I think something like the last 15 matches at Murrayfield have been sold out, including friendlies. Good marketing along with improvement in the team have driven this. Scotland football can't sell out world cup qualifiers any more! Just make the right decision, move to Murrayfield, hopefully the SFA could learn from SRU!! But they most likely have Archie's blinkered outlook. Fannies

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Absolute joke. No-brainer to move it to Murrayfield - they are obviously struggling to pick holes in that bid and need extra time.

Is it a no brainer though?

I can’t think of 1 good reason to move to Murrayfield.

The majority on here hate old firm fans but you’re now gonna have an extra 40,000 of them in Edinburgh 3 or 4 times a season for semis and cup finals. Happy with that aye?

How about the residents around Murrayfield? Do they get a say or is it just football fans?

Do rugby fans get a say in it? Disruption to their games and stadium or is it only about what we want?

Anyways, this whole debate is as good as pointless. There is absolutely zero chance that Hampden will be bulldozed and consigned to history. It’s just not going to happen.

green&left
29-08-2018, 04:54 PM

Its the same on the other side, alot of Weegies wanting to stay put at Hampden for the same reasons...

Hampden could be vastly imrpoved by a few things. Increased train capacity at Kings Park and Mount Florida stations for after the match. Relax the daft no street drinking rule before/after the game so fan-parks can be opened (plenty space behind both ends) and stop pandering to Sky/BBC and having such pishy kick-off times (especially for Dons, County and ICT). Then when finances allow new tighter, closer and higher "rangers and sellick ends"

I've been to sellouts at Hampden, San Siro, Parkhead, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Commerzbank Arena and Wembley. I've been to 40,000+ crowds at Hertha Berlin and Lazio matches and every single one of them had the same problem - ques galore for public transport and traffic jams everywhere after the match. To be expected when you have tens of thousands of people in one place.

Onion
29-08-2018, 05:06 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180829/27bbb74774fbe3bc6fce4e4d2f03f50a.jpg

What kind of bungs can we expect ?

pacoluna
29-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Murrayfield is a far superior stadium to hampden.Only the likes of Craig brown etc would say otherwise, dinosaurs of the game who let nostalgia cloud their thinking.

southsider
29-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Temp move to Murrayfield. Rebuild new State of the art National Stadium near, perhaps, Stirling. Scottish Govt to foot the cost as it is a National Asset.

delbert
29-08-2018, 05:12 PM

Totally agree, new CEO Maxwell showing he has the spine of a jellyfish and is therefore perfect for the job. First big decision on his watch and he totally abdicates all semblance of responsibility and they ask for ‘more information’ - what do they need, Hampden is a dump and a **** place to watch football, history is exactly that, in the past and we have a cracking stadium with far better transport and infrastructure in the nations capital, so front up and do it you shower of useless, spineless, blazer wearing welts !!

Spike Mandela
29-08-2018, 05:13 PM
:m
Of course it's a huge decision. I'm broadly supportive of a move away from Hampden but I'm not blinded to the scale of the decision.

It's walking away from a century of tradition and facing the inevitable onslaught that comes with that. It's placing one of our oldest and most successful clubs in a perilous position and given the way the SRU have treated Murrayfield Wanderers in recent years it's imperative any deal with them is watertight. It also has to make financial sense when it comes renting Murrayfield and replacing the office space that will be lost at Hampden.

Disagree entirely. It is a choice between two stadiums. Two, not 20. Yes there are pros and cons but both stadiums will be workable in the end no matter what they do. Criticism will come whichever decision they make a delay won’t stop that.

The sentimental nonsense about tradition isn’t worth arguing about and the stuff about offices will surely have been part of the bids by now and there is no shortage of available office space.

These are all business decisions, this is their job, just do their job for goodness sake.

stoneyburn hibs
29-08-2018, 05:14 PM
What kind of bungs can we expect ?

They're most likely playing for time to see if any investors can keep them in their cosy number at Hampden.

I really hope that the Scottish government don't throw money at Hampden.

Chorley Hibee
29-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Sorry, but that just reeks of "we're staying at Hampden lads, but we need to make this look like we've deliberated long and hard about the issue and not just sat around doing **** all this whole time."

ancient hibee
29-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Bottle merchants who make the Trumpton town council look professional! I heard Archie McPherson saying on the radio today basically that the SRU were begging SFA to come to Murrayfield to dig them out if a financial hole. Poor poor "journalism" as the SRU debt has been managed down to Bout £2m and that is with them actually funding the pro teams to the tune of about £10m each per year. As a big rugby fan I have been critical of the SRU in the past but they are getting more right than wrong at the moment. Let's contrast the attendances lately. I think something like the last 15 matches at Murrayfield have been sold out, including friendlies. Good marketing along with improvement in the team have driven this. Scotland football can't sell out world cup qualifiers any more! Just make the right decision, move to Murrayfield, hopefully the SFA could learn from SRU!! But they most likely have Archie's blinkered outlook. Fannies
It’s a huge decision to make either way.It’s been complicated by the SFA wanting to buy Hampden-a colossal waste of money-instead of renting it.A further complication is that Hampden is run by a fully owned subsidiary of the SFA not Queens Park who obviously own it.Iwould prefer Murrayfield and think that harking back to the good old days is ludicrous as the Hampden of today has no connection(other than a pitch)with old Hampden.Hibs have won two cups there in recent years but it doesn’t make me think fondly of the ground.However,wait until a World Cup qualifier has to be moved because it clashes with a rugby international.As far as comparing attendances is concerned yes the SRU has done a good job but mainly the increase is due to the team being good to watch.A lot of people wouldn’t open the curtains if the football team were playing outside.
So after these confused thoughts I can understand why the SFA are taking their time.

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Temp move to Murrayfield. Rebuild new State of the art National Stadium near, perhaps, Stirling. Scottish Govt to foot the cost as it is a National Asset.

Any examples of towns the size of Stirling having 60k+ size stadiums anywhere in the world? Just wondering if it works elsewhere?

weecounty hibby
29-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Never ever going to happen. The Scottish government has no spare money to bail out the SFA. Not should they. The SFA has been badly run for years and when we were rebuilding Hampden the WFA and WRU were building the millennium stadium. Go figure out who did the better work there

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 05:18 PM
It’s a huge decision to make either way.It’s been complicated by the SFA wanting to buy Hampden-a colossal waste of money-instead of renting it.A further complication is that Hampden is run by a fully owned subsidiary of the SFA not Queens Park who obviously own it.Iwould prefer Murrayfield and think that harking back to the good old days is ludicrous as the Hampden of today has no connection(other than a pitch)with old Hampden.Hibs have won two cups there in recent years but it doesn’t make me think fondly of the ground.However,wait until a World Cup qualifier has to be moved because it clashes with a rugby international.As far as comparing attendances is concerned yes the SRU has done a good job but mainly the increase is due to the team being good to watch.A lot of people wouldn’t open the curtains if the football team were playing outside.
So after these confused thoughts I can understand why the SFA are taking their time.

Fixture clashes won’t be an issue. Murrayfield can be turned round in 24 hours.

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Never ever going to happen. The Scottish government has no spare money to bail out the SFA. Not should they. The SFA has been badly run for years and when we were rebuilding Hampden the WFA and WRU were building the millennium stadium. Go figure out who did the better work there

There is no area of the work the SFA do that they could possibly say they do a good job. An organisation where failure is the norm.

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Staying at Hampden is a certainty. The Glasgow media will have a massive say in this behind the scenes. To the average guy on the street Murrayfield is a no brainer but the Glasgow press and the SFA have been in bed for years. Murrayfield isn't happening unfortunately.

weecounty hibby
29-08-2018, 05:21 PM
It's very easy to move fixture for qualifying. The dates for these are known months in advance as are the six nations and the autumn internationals. Wales manage it s do the French and the Irish managed it while Croke park was being refurbed. The difference is that the SFA weren't involved with any of these and are most likely to **** it up

Jones28
29-08-2018, 05:25 PM
So so predictable

InchHibby
29-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Is it a no brainer though?

I can’t think of 1 good reason to move to Murrayfield.

The majority on here hate old firm fans but you’re now gonna have an extra 40,000 of them in Edinburgh 3 or 4 times a season for semis and cup finals. Happy with that aye?

How about the residents around Murrayfield? Do they get a say or is it just football fans?

Do rugby fans get a say in it? Disruption to their games and stadium or is it only about what we want?

Anyways, this whole debate is as good as pointless. There is absolutely zero chance that Hampden will be bulldozed and consigned to history. It’s just not going to happen.
I totally agree with your comments, especially the final part, there’s absolutely no chance of Hampden being mothballed, they already no the decision.

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2018, 05:40 PM
If any thread was screaming out for a poll, it´s this one.....:greengrin

Ozyhibby
29-08-2018, 05:41 PM

I’ve never worked out how to do a poll. Beyond my skill set.[emoji23]

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2018, 05:46 PM

#me too,

jees, even struggled to find the hashtag:greengrin

bod
29-08-2018, 06:03 PM

He could bring his mates & knock up a brand new stadium in the central belt making it easier for every club to get to

jgl07
29-08-2018, 06:20 PM
It's very easy to move fixture for qualifying. The dates for these are known months in advance as are the six nations and the autumn internationals. Wales manage it s do the French and the Irish managed it while Croke park was being refurbed. The difference is that the SFA weren't involved with any of these and are most likely to **** it up
Lansdown Road surely?

Keith_M
29-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Hampden is dire, the views are atrocious from majority of sections, the transport link is dreadful, the local police are awful. Murrayfield all the way.

How? I can walk there in a few minutes.

:wink:

Joe6-2
29-08-2018, 06:52 PM

I can’t vote on them on mobile anyway

nonshinyfinish
29-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Bottle merchants who make the Trumpton town council look professional!

There’s gonna be a riot.

Eyrie
29-08-2018, 07:37 PM
If you were to design a national stadium from scratch the end result would look a look more like Murrayfield than Hampden.

Joe6-2
29-08-2018, 07:40 PM
If you were to design a national stadium from scratch the end result would look a look more like Murrayfield than Hampden.

This

weecounty hibby
29-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Lansdown Road surely?

Aye, got that arse for elbow!

kaimendhibs
29-08-2018, 08:26 PM

The only folk clamouring for Murrayfield are folk from Edinburgh. Go figure!!What bit of Glasgow you from? I live in South Lanarkshire and want Murrayfield

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-08-2018, 08:37 PM
They will decide to stay.

The games a bogey.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2018, 08:52 PM
What bit of Glasgow you from? I live in South Lanarkshire and want Murrayfield

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Longstone. Eh14.

Gloucester Hibs
30-08-2018, 05:53 AM
The MSM don’t seem keen on Murrayfield at all! Don’t think I’ve read or heard anything supportive of Murrayfield. Main argument seems to be an emotive/sentimental one

JimBHibees
30-08-2018, 06:02 AM
The MSM don’t seem keen on Murrayfield at all! Don’t think I’ve read or heard anything supportive of Murrayfield. Main argument seems to be an emotive/sentimental one

Yep the spin machine is on overload. Heard sportsound last night with kenny miller naismith and Stephen McManus. The only positive about Murray field was it had a nice pitch nothing about bigger and better stadium much easier transport access etc yet the players were asked their favourite Hamden moments. One of them said something like it would be embarrassing for Scotland games to be played at home of rugby. Laughable discussion. Have no doubt it is going nowhere out of weedge.

Peevemor
30-08-2018, 06:26 AM

No, it would be identical to Tynecaste, but with double tiered stands, a proper sized pitch, properly integrated police and studio facilities, a totally different colour, no corner pylons and preferably not in the blast zone of a distillery.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2018, 06:28 AM
No, it would be identical to Tynecaste, but with double tiered stands, a proper sized pitch, properly integrated police and studio facilities, a totally different colour, no corner pylons and preferably not in the blast zone of a distillery.

:greengrin

Greenworld
30-08-2018, 06:46 AM

Another would be that transport links at Hampden are way better, a refurbished football station will be infinitely better than Murrayfield and why should the masons and dinosaurs at the SRU get all the benefits?!You ever been takes hours to get away from there

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Green Man
30-08-2018, 08:03 AM
I’ve seen a lot of comments saying both Hampden and Murrayfield have seats which are miles away from the pitch. Surely that’s the case in any big stadium though. Knowing people who have been to the Nou Camp and Bernabeu, from the upper tiers the pitch looks tiny. It’s impossible to have tens of thousands of seats and have them all close to the pitch.

supermcginn
30-08-2018, 08:36 AM
I’ve seen a lot of comments saying both Hampden and Murrayfield have seats which are miles away from the pitch. Surely that’s the case in any big stadium though. Knowing people who have been to the Nou Camp and Bernabeu, from the upper tiers the pitch looks tiny. It’s impossible to have tens of thousands of seats and have them all close to the pitch.
Seen 7 games at the nou camp all of them behind the goals quite high up and its fantastic, miles closer than hampden.

GreenCastle
30-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Would the pitch size be limited ?

Remember the carry on recently when Hearts player at Murrayfield- Levein wanted it same size as the Tiny Library but couldn’t due to where the rugby posts holes for the posts were situated.

Sergio sledge
30-08-2018, 09:04 AM

I'm not sure where you are getting your figures from, but it is definitely quicker to Murrayfield than Hampden from Inverness, believe me I've done both, not by much though to be fair.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2018, 09:06 AM
I can’t vote on them on mobile anyway

You can if you use the default style.

The link is at the bottom of every page.

Diclonius
30-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Inverness to Murrayfield for 11AM on a Sunday (i.e. the worst possible kick off time) is 4 hours, one bus and a tram.

It is literally impossible to do the same to get to Hampden Park - you'd have to leave the night before or drive. I doubt the SFA will be interested though.

Peevemor
30-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Would the pitch size be limited ?

Remember the carry on recently when Hearts player at Murrayfield- Levein wanted it same size as the Tiny Library but couldn’t due to where the rugby posts holes for the posts were situated.

If more football was to be played at Murrayfield then a new system would be installed for the posts.

green&left
30-08-2018, 09:22 AM
Inverness to Murrayfield for 11AM on a Sunday (i.e. the worst possible kick off time) is 4 hours, one bus and a tram.

It is literally impossible to do the same to get to Hampden Park - you'd have to leave the night before or drive. I doubt the SFA will be interested though.

Case closed. Murrayfield should defo be picked if it allows one megabus carrying 30 Caley fans in ontime then :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
30-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Right, but you make every seat further from the pitch if you have a massive gap. Somewhere like Camp Nou if you are a long way back you are at least high up so you can see better. Hampden has the worst of both worlds as the stands are set back from the pitch (especially behind the goals) and also very shallow. Murrayfield at least has steeper stands, although it would still be better if they were nearer the pitch.

For my money the ideal model for a football stadium is the Westfalen in Dortmund: rectangular, steep stands close to the pitch, seats convertible to safe standing.

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2018, 09:38 AM

Has there ever been a Scotland game kick off at 12 on a Sunday?

Most tend to be 3pm Saturdays or 8pm weekdays no?

hibbyfraelibby
30-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Has there ever been a Scotland game kick off at 12 on a Sunday?

Most tend to be 3pm Saturdays or 8pm weekdays no?

You never been to a Semi final or a League Cup final. They tend to be shunted to graveyard slots for the TV shilling?

Peevemor
30-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Right, but you make every seat further from the pitch if you have a massive gap. Somewhere like Camp Nou if you are a long way back you are at least high up so you can see better. Hampden has the worst of both worlds as the stands are set back from the pitch (especially behind the goals) and also very shallow. Murrayfield at least has steeper stands, although it would still be better if they were nearer the pitch.

For my money the ideal model for a football stadium is the Westfalen in Dortmund: rectangular, steep stands close to the pitch, seats convertible to safe standing.

What time would you have to set off from Sneckie to get there for a Sunday lunchtime kick-off?

nonshinyfinish
30-08-2018, 09:45 AM
What time would you have to set off from Sneckie to get there for a Sunday lunchtime kick-off?

I’d get going now if I were you.

Green Man
30-08-2018, 09:56 AM

You’re absolutely right about Hampden, the semicircles behind the goals and the shallow rake are an awful combination. I was just making the point that there are always going to be some seats a fair distance from the pitch.

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2018, 09:56 AM
You never been to a Semi final or a League Cup final. They tend to be shunted to graveyard slots for the TV shilling?

Are you really asking if I’ve been to a game at Hampden? For real?!

Ffs, most games will be internationals hence the question I asked.

Green Man
30-08-2018, 10:01 AM

In 2015 and 2017 there were 4 internationals each year played at Hampden. In 2016 there were 2 played there.
In 2017 there were 6 domestic cup ties played at Hampden.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2018, 10:05 AM
In 2015 and 2017 there were 4 internationals each year played at Hampden. In 2016 there were 2 played there.
In 2017 there were 6 domestic cup ties played at Hampden.

When you see how little a stadium is used it makes it even more sensible to share.
Rebuilding Hampden for 10 games a season seems like lunacy.

hibbyfraelibby
30-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Most games played at hampdump are League 2 fixtures, followed by domestic cup semi and finals folliwed by no more than 4 max international matches.

Thats one hell of a subsidy for an amatuer team who play in front of crowds you could accommodate on a no 26 bus.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Most games played at hampdump are League 2 fixtures, followed by domestic cup semi and finals folliwed by no more than 4 max international matches.

Thats one hell of a subsidy for an amatuer team who play in front of crowds you could accommodate on a no 26 bus.

Who are Queen's Park subsidised by?

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2018, 10:55 AM

League 2? Ffs, I think you know what the discussion is about.

No need to try and get us to argue like kids is there?

hibbyfraelibby
30-08-2018, 11:35 AM
League 2? Ffs, I think you know what the discussion is about.

No need to try and get us to argue like kids is there?

Is it factually incorrect that there are more lower league and BetFred qualifiers played at Hampdump in a single season?

QP benefitted as a club from a multi million lottery injection to build that disaster, they own the stadium and the land around it, they would not be able to afford even Lesser, and hardly used, Hampden if it were not for this hidden subsidy from every other club in Scotland.

Every penny spent renting that apology of a stadium comes out of the mouth of teams like Hibernian, Hearts, Dundee, alloa, Edinburgh City, Spartans and your local juvenile teams. It does not get recycled through QP as investment back into the game.

This should be a purely financial decision and if Murrayfield raises greater revenue and as a consequence greater investment and payback to the whole of Scottish football then so be it.

A National stadium should be for the whole nation not just one sport and certainly not run for the benefit of some Blazerati Battalion of the Glasgow middle classes.

ancient hibee
30-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Is it factually incorrect that there are more lower league and BetFred qualifiers played at Hampdump in a single season?

QP benefitted as a club from a multi million lottery injection to build that disaster, they own the stadium and the land around it, they would not be able to afford even Lesser, and hardly used, Hampden if it were not for this hidden subsidy from every other club in Scotland.

Every penny spent renting that apology of a stadium comes out of the mouth of teams like Hibernian, Hearts, Dundee, alloa, Edinburgh City, Spartans and your local juvenile teams. It does not get recycled through QP as investment back into the game.

This should be a purely financial decision and if Murrayfield raises greater revenue and as a consequence greater investment and payback to the whole of Scottish football then so be it.

A National stadium should be for the whole nation not just one sport and certainly not run for the benefit of some Blazerati Battalion of the Glasgow middle classes.

There is a fixed rental about £300K paid by the SFA and for the League Cup individual negotiations.Hardly millions pouring into Queens Park coffers who incidentally started the career, and developed it, of the player most consider our best current international.

hibbyfraelibby
30-08-2018, 06:40 PM
There is a fixed rental about £300K paid by the SFA and for the League Cup individual negotiations.Hardly millions pouring into Queens Park coffers who incidentally started the career, and developed it, of the player most consider our best current international.

Tally up the money QP gave taken in oer the years since the bew publically funded Hamdump wS built and the SFA upped sticks from Park Gardens and it does indeed come to millions.

They have produced one player worth a few bob but Scottish football as a whole has seen diddly squat of the money a certain other team realised on him...and as far as I am aware John McGinn never played for them😉