PDA

View Full Version : Special One on his way?

Hibbyradge
27-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Shipped 3 in a loss at Brighton last week.

Thumped 3-0 at home tonight by Spurs.

Has his time at United come to an end?

H18 SFR
27-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Very weird as he was leaving the pitch there.

Callum_62
27-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Bit weird him out in the pitch clapping the fans too - looked a bit emotional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Shipped 3 in a loss at Brighton last week.

Thumped 3-0 at home tonight by Spurs.

Has his time at United come to an end?

He wont walk, thats for sure.

£15m pay off might have something to do with that? :greengrin

Lancs Harp
27-08-2018, 08:59 PM
On his way to Falkirk.

HibbyAndy
27-08-2018, 09:01 PM
He's a fud ...Will spend all day talking to the media when his team wins but is downright rude when his team loses

Sack him and get him to **** off ma telly

Pretty Boy
27-08-2018, 09:02 PM
That was a weird game. Man Utd were by far the better team in the 1st half then 2 crazy minutes and it all fell apart.

Mourinho has had his day but I don't know what the Utd board expected when they appointed him. He has his style and he is never going to be one to develop scores of young players. They have got Mourinho exactly as he is so it's their mistake.

Michael
27-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Was a great manager, but he's yesterday's man now. Football has moved on and he hasn't.

Haymaker
27-08-2018, 09:09 PM

Yep, think he knows he's in for a ******* of a meeting in the morning... And Zidane is waiting...

Lancs Harp
27-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Yep, think he knows he's in for a ******* of a meeting in the morning... And Zidane is waiting...

Interesting call Zidane

Ryan69
27-08-2018, 09:11 PM
He did well at Porto...and fair play! (But wasn't exactly champions league)

Unless he has the most money too spend....Not much happens.

Such an arrogant,bad loser..always someone else's fault.

Never is he one of the greatest managers. Always causes problems wherever he goes.

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Mourinho working his ticket big time and has been since the summer.

KeithTheHibby
27-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Looks a tired man these days.

Haymaker
27-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Interesting call Zidane

He'd be favourite I imagine. Can't think of many high profile managers unemployed?

gogsy23
27-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Doing a grand job. Long may he continue 😎

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2018, 09:14 PM
What an interview, the guy has lost his marbles. :greengrin

JimBHibees

Never is he one of the greatest managers. Always causes problems wherever he goes.

He won the champions league with Porto plus the UEFA cup. His record is pretty amazing but his star has definitely dimmed last few years.

Haymaker

Except... He won the CL at Porto? :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2018, 09:15 PM

Yeah! Think he did his coaching badge at Largs with Peter Houston :greengrin

Haymaker

No sound on in the boozer... What did he say?

Lancs Harp
He'd be favourite I imagine. Can't think of many high profile managers unemployed?

Yes its a good point, also when you have managed Real Madrid there arent many places to go next for that big team challenge.

Personally dont think United will sack Mourinho, well at least not yet.

Haymaker
27-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Yes its a good point, also when you have managed Real Madrid there arent many places to go next for that big team challenge.

Personally dont think United will sack Mourinho, well at least not yet.

I honestly think ZZ thought he'd get the France job when they bombed in the world cup...

Which went well :greengrin

To sack Jose and get a manager from a club would be insanely expensive, when ZZ is free.

Ryan69
27-08-2018, 09:17 PM
He won the champions league with Porto plus the UEFA cup. His record is pretty amazing but his star has definitely dimmed last few years.

He had a good couple of seasons,but since his success has been based on....spending the most money.

Now he doesn't.....he is nothing!

He is simply a troublemaker.

Casillas left Madrid and Ramos was going to leave...all because that spoilt clown.

IGRIGI
27-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Rich man's McLeish, one season wonder who's career has gradually went sub par.

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2018, 09:18 PM
No sound on in the boozer... What did he say?

Talking about the fans, they dont read papers, they dont watch tv and they dont listen to the pundits. And how they would be happy at the level of performance tonight.

The ground was emptier than the emptyhad with 10 minutes to go. :greengrin

Haymaker
27-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Talking about the fans, they dont read papers, they dont watch tv and they dont listen to the pundits. And how they would be happy at the level of performance tonight.

The ground was emptier than the emptyhad with 10 minutes to go. :greengrin

:faf:

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Stuck in 2004. Won't see Halloween

Poch or Zizou should be top priority

Haymaker
27-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Stuck in 2004. Won't see Halloween

Poch or Zizou should be top priority

Poch would cost a lot but I'd go for him.

HibbySpurs
27-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Did Man U get beat tonight or something?

GGTH

Lancs Harp
27-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Did Man U get beat tonight or something?

GGTH

Dont tell me that means Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspurs :wink::greengrin

bingo70
27-08-2018, 09:37 PM
https://twitter.com/rmcd93/status/1034183562365415424?s=21

macca70
27-08-2018, 09:41 PM

Knows he needs to keep the fans on his side in his battle against the board.

Lancs Harp
27-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Knows he needs to keep the fans on his side in his battle against the board.

I reckon Ed Woodward in particular is as much part of the Uniteds problems as Mourinho is.

City are well clear of United at present but United are taking Coronation Street close in the battle of the soaps.:wink:

J-C
27-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Jose likes to get all the older players on his side and when they do they'll run through walls for him, this usually lasts 2 seasons then they see through him and he eventually loses the dressing room as he becomes bitter and twisted towards certain players. He's done this at every club he's been at, his days are gone and he only knows one way to play, should never have been a Man U manager. He spend lots of money already and was told he was getting no more, told to work with what he already had, the board don't trust him in the market anymore.

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Peter Houston with a dodgy syrup and fake tan

Callum_62
27-08-2018, 10:46 PM
https://twitter.com/the_tman10/status/1034194281320390656?s=21

Franck Stanton
27-08-2018, 10:47 PM
When saw the thread title thought it was about AS signing for us. Instead it's about something irrelevant to me.

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2018, 07:44 AM
Was Jose’s post match interview a Kevin Keegan moment? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Jose asking for respect, pot ****in kettle.

jacomo
29-08-2018, 07:45 AM
That was a weird game. Man Utd were by far the better team in the 1st half then 2 crazy minutes and it all fell apart.

Mourinho has had his day but I don't know what the Utd board expected when they appointed him. He has his style and he is never going to be one to develop scores of young players. They have got Mourinho exactly as he is so it's their mistake.

I imagine they expected a League title.

Famous Fiver
29-08-2018, 07:47 AM
I read the headline, clicked, then didn't read the rest.

Threre is only one special one for me, Scott Allan.

jacomo
29-08-2018, 08:04 AM
I read the headline, clicked, then didn't read the rest.

Threre is only one special one for me, Scott Allan.

*cough* *ahem*

Squad player. Frankly we’ll be doing Celtc a favour if we take him off their payroll.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2018, 08:14 AM
*cough* *ahem*

Squad player. Frankly we’ll be doing Celtc a favour if we take him off their payroll.
Squad player maybe but he is the perfect fit for our club the mortar for our bricks the final piece of our jigsaw. I would say most HIBS fans are expecting/hoping he will be announced on Friday!

Yes you are correct we would be doing Celtic a massive favour but it works both ways. Hoping they will see sense.

:scarf:

Keith_M
29-08-2018, 08:40 AM

Respect... RESPECT!!

IWasThere2016
29-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Loving it. Long may he reign :faf:

Northern Hibby
29-08-2018, 10:19 AM
I'm getting on a bit and not as good at my job as I used to be, any chance I get to be sacked and payed off at the same time would be jumped at :greengrin:thumbsup:

jgl07
30-08-2018, 12:57 AM
I reckon Ed Woodward in particular is as much part of the Uniteds problems as Mourinho is.

City are well clear of United at present but United are taking Coronation Street close in the battle of the soaps.:wink:

Mourinho is a symptom rather than a cause of United's problems. The Board appointed him in the first place. They will no doubt appoint another quick fix merchant when Mourinho has gone.

The pattern of a Mourinho appointment is well known. He tends to build up in his first season, achieves success in his second and melts down in his third. I am not sure if he has ever lasted to a fourth season anywhere. I am amazed that some in the press still seem to think that Mourinho can turn things around. His style is no longer working. The football produced is industrial. He tends to make world class player look mediocre (Pogba, Sanchez) and make decent players look poor.

United have always done best with a manager who is prepared to build from the bottom up not try and buy instant success. Busby and Ferguson both did things that way. Ferguson only escaped the sack because the then chairman Martin Edwards was preoccupied with trying to sell the club.

Mourinho's bizarre behaviour and picking fights with everyone indicates that he is positioning himself for exit before his reputation is totally shredded.

BILLYHIBS
30-08-2018, 05:44 AM
Mourinho is a symptom rather than a cause of United's problems. The Board appointed him in the first place. They will no doubt appoint another quick fix merchant when Mourinho has gone.

The pattern of a Mourinho appointment is well known. He tends to build up in his first season, achieves success in his second and melts down in his third. I am not sure if he has ever lasted to a fourth season anywhere. I am amazed that some in the press still seem to think that Mourinho can turn things around. His style is no longer working. The football produced is industrial. He tends to make world class player look mediocre (Pogba, Sanchez) and make decent players look poor.

United have always done best with a manager who is prepared to build from the bottom up not try and buy instant success. Busby and Ferguson both did things that way. Ferguson only escaped the sack because the then chairman Martin Edwards was preoccupied with trying to sell the club.

Mourinho's bizarre behaviour and picking fights with everyone indicates that he is positioning himself for exit before his reputation is totally shredded.
:top marks
Brilliant analysis!

Spot on!

Now tell us what makes Lenny tick? :greengrin

heretoday
30-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Be good to see the back of Mourinho. He ranks alongside Boris, Trump and Piers Morgan as reasons for a TV turn-off.

RoslinInstHibby
30-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Be good to see the back of Mourinho. He ranks alongside Boris, Trump and Piers Morgan as reasons for a TV turn-off.

thought he was a breath of fresh air when he 1st joined chelski, shook up the old guard no end, problem is football has moved on and he hasn't. Utd should punt him now

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2018, 05:30 PM
In his latest Press Conference he says “The truth is in the whole” or is it “hole”?

Must rank up there with Cantonas “The seagulls follow the trawlers” remark.

Looks to me like he is losing it but still maintains he is the best Manager ever???

HibbyAndy
31-08-2018, 05:34 PM

:agree: He's a horrible nasty and downright sore loser , His actions the other night against Spurs were utter cringeworthy clapping to the fans then throwing the toys out the pram about respect...Respect ??? you wouldnt know respect if it slapped you in the puss Jose

Horrible horrible individual

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Who gives a f... sad little man and it’s got f.. do with Hibs

Pagan Hibernia
31-08-2018, 05:51 PM
In his latest Press Conference he says “The truth is in the whole” or is it “hole”?

Must rank up there with Cantonas “The seagulls follow the trawlers” remark.

Looks to me like he is losing it but still maintains he is the best Manager ever???

hes a hard man to like and certainly it looks like his time is gone.

but...... his achievements over the years haven’t been matched by many. Success in four different leagues, European cups with two different clubs... he won’t be remembered fondly in the way Busby, Stein, Shankly, Paisley, Clough, Cruyff, Guardiola are... but he will be remembered as one of the best

Hibernia&Alba
31-08-2018, 05:55 PM
United aren't a happy camp at the moment; that much is obvious. How much of that is Mourinho's responsibility I don't know. There are all kinds of rumours flying around about his poor relationship with the CEO and some of the players. It's reached the stage where he needs results fast, in order to steady things down. Anything else will only increase the pressure and sepeculation. Much of it is media hype of course, but there's no doubt things aren't right somewhere. I have a feeling he'll see it through and be there until at least the end of the season, but that's only if he starts winning soon.

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2018, 05:59 PM
It’s like a comedian who dies on his arse then goes on about how I used to be funny so laugh or else

brianmc
31-08-2018, 06:41 PM
He's had squllions to spend, as has Pep.
The huge difference between the 2 is this:
Pep signs good/great players and makes them better through his coaching/man management.
Jose signs good/great players and makes them worse through his coaching/lack of man management and publicly attacking them.

He's had 2 spells at Chelsea plus this one at United and he's demanding respect from journalists for winning 3 Premier titles - the same number as Wenger won at arsenal. The same Wenger that Jose labelled a 'serial failure' .......

HibbyAndy
31-08-2018, 07:02 PM
He's had squllions to spend, as has Pep.
The huge difference between the 2 is this:
Pep signs good/great players and makes them better through his coaching/man management.
Jose signs good/great players and makes them worse through his coaching/lack of man management and publicly attacking them.

He's had 2 spells at Chelsea plus this one at United and he's demanding respect from journalists for winning 3 Premier titles - the same number as Wenger won at arsenal. The same Wenger that Jose labelled a 'serial failure' .......

Nail hammer head :top marks

Jose want's respect ?? Behave you clown

Just Jimmy
31-08-2018, 07:08 PM
I've got a season ticket for Utd. mainly cos I need to watch football and all my mates down here are utd fans and not city so I just go along. I felt when I got it I would get the chance to see some top sides as the away team at OT, including the champions league so it's not all bad. I've tried to get into Utd a bit to make it more like going to Hibs when I REALLY care. however I just can't.

anyway - the club is a mess. someone else said JM is a symptom and that's true. the issue is no strategy. they just buy whoever is available and there is no targeted approach to building a squad. the players they have are a lot of average players; take De gea, pogba and matic away and you would really struggle to say they have any really top tier talent- a lot of potential but nothing that produces and tbh Pogba is included in that second section. Sanchez was a crazy signing tbh - very few Utd fans I know that watch them regular wanted him and they've been proven correct.

on JM, as said the football is brutal to watch. what's more I don't think I could honestly say he's made any player better in his time at the club. however they didn't back him in summer and i think it was simply doubts about him. in which case they should have moved on, back or sack him but the half way nonsense now doesn't help anyone.

Utd have spent 700million since SAF left and for what?

they need a manager and chief exec on the same page. Potch is the ideal guy for Utd, the way he builds a squad and the style he plays. it's the Utd ethos.

The new guy will be free - probably zidane. the real issue is well above JM atm. although he should go too.

like I say I'm not overly fussed. it's a day out with my mates but I feel for them because the club is a mess right now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
31-08-2018, 07:27 PM
I've got a season ticket for Utd. mainly cos I need to watch football and all my mates down here are utd fans and not city so I just go along. I felt when I got it I would get the chance to see some top sides as the away team at OT, including the champions league so it's not all bad. I've tried to get into Utd a bit to make it more like going to Hibs when I REALLY care. however I just can't.

anyway - the club is a mess. someone else said JM is a symptom and that's true. the issue is no strategy. they just buy whoever is available and there is no targeted approach to building a squad. the players they have are a lot of average players; take De gea, pogba and matic away and you would really struggle to say they have any really top tier talent- a lot of potential but nothing that produces and tbh Pogba is included in that second section. Sanchez was a crazy signing tbh - very few Utd fans I know that watch them regular wanted him and they've been proven correct.

on JM, as said the football is brutal to watch. what's more I don't think I could honestly say he's made any player better in his time at the club. however they didn't back him in summer and i think it was simply doubts about him. in which case they should have moved on, back or sack him but the half way nonsense now doesn't help anyone.

they need a manager and chief exec on the same page. Potch is the ideal guy for Utd, the way he builds a squad and the style he plays. it's the Utd ethos.

The new guy will be free - probably zidane. the real issue is well above JM atm. although he should go too.

like I say I'm not overly fussed. it's a day out with my mates but I feel for them because the club is a mess right now.

good post. During the Ferguson years United were rock solid as a club, from board level down to the tea ladies, everyone pulling together in the same direction. There was structure, leadership, solidarity. The academy flourished. There was a settled team on the pitch. What a mess they’ve become. Ah well, all cycles come to an end.

J-C
31-08-2018, 07:55 PM

I've always followed United and my lad used to have a ST there with his mate, been a few times, Potch would have been my choice. Jose's methods and style has gone, he needs all the senior players on his side and when he loses them, the dressing room goes, it's happened at every club he's been at.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Manchester is blue.. and will be for years!

Etihad tomorrow #bluemoon