PDA

View Full Version : 13 years ago today

we are hibs
27-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Sproule announced himself with that game at ibrox. 13 years..jeezo

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Sproule announced himself with that game at ibrox. 13 years..jeezo
Yeah! Remember Gary OConnors immortal words to Mowbray on being subbed “ What’s he gonnae dae?” :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Scotty Brown was immense that day!

SideBurns
27-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Funny enough, I saw Irish comedian Andrew Maxwell on Friday night. The first time I went to his festival show was 13 years ago when he told a great anecdote about wearing a green, white, and gold Boston Fightin' Irish jacket at a gemme v the Huns at ER and almost getting filled in.

A week later I bumped into him when leaving Ibrox after Ivan's hat-trick - he was sporting the same jaiket. I said to him, "Ye huvnae learned yer lesson eh?" Brave guy having that on his back through there...

AK86
27-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Don't mean to lower the tone here folks, but that game was very poignant for me. I was listening to it on the radio , returning from seeing my terminally ill Mum in the Western G. Not much could put a smile on my face that day, but Ivan gave me a brief bit of respite that afternoon , on my drive home .

Crunchie
27-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Yeah! Remember Gary OConnors immortal words to Mowbray on being subbed “ What’s he gonnae dae?” :greengrin

The old brain cells must be going, I could have sworn it was Deek who said it.

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2018, 09:46 PM
The old brain cells must be going, I could have sworn it was Deek who said it.
Sproule for OConnor 63 mins Deeks wisnae playing other used subs Fletcher and Glass. That was in the days when oldco Rangers had very experienced expensive international players. The HIBS team that day looked pretty good too.:thumbsup:

Crunchie
27-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Sproule for OConnor 63 mins Deeks wisnae playing other used subs Fletcher and Glass. That was in the days when oldco Rangers had very experienced expensive international players. The HIBS team that day looked pretty good too.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I bow to your superior knowledge my friend, I had it in my head it was Deek all these years :not worth

erin go bragh
27-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Sure it was “ What’s he gonnae fin dae ?” 😜
13 years 👀 jeez .

lord bunberry
27-08-2018, 09:50 PM
I was in Greece on holiday that day. I remember watching the scores come in with a hun. He was a decent guy to be fair, but he walked out the bar in a strop when the third goal went in. I reminded him of the score on a daily basis. We didn’t keep in touch :greengrin

madabouthibs
27-08-2018, 10:00 PM
I went into B&Q in Inglis Green Road at 0-0, came out with my paint n paper to sportsound going radge coz someone had came on and scored a Hattrick!!!
Fell out with the missus tae, I was trying to listen and she kept blethering about housey stuff!!! 😁 👍

Onceinawhile
27-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Scotty Brown was immense that day!

Played with a broken leg after getting hatcheted at tynie in the previous Derby but still outstripped lovenkrands for pace whilst running 50+ yards with the ball.

monktonharp
28-08-2018, 12:46 AM
Funny enough, I saw Irish comedian Andrew Maxwell on Friday night. The first time I went to his festival show was 13 years ago when he told a great anecdote about wearing a green, white, and gold Boston Fightin' Irish jacket at a gemme v the Huns at ER and almost getting filled in.

A week later I bumped into him when leaving Ibrox after Ivan's hat-trick - he was sporting the same jaiket. I said to him, "Ye huvnae learned yer lesson eh?" Brave guy having that on his back through there...never saw his show, but do remember his comments about it. must have been on radio or something. pished masel listening to it :greengrin

kaimendhibs
28-08-2018, 02:06 AM
Was there. Ivan always a legend

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Kojock
28-08-2018, 06:39 AM
Listening to the radio heading home from Ibrox a very bitter Ginger Judas Prick described his hat trick as “three lucky breakaways” oh how we laughed. GIRUY YA GJP

calumhibee1
28-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Played with a broken leg after getting hatcheted at tynie in the previous Derby but still outstripped lovenkrands for pace whilst running 50+ yards with the ball.

I knew he had done that but I didn’t realise it was that game. Superb.

we are hibs
28-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Listening to the radio heading home from Ibrox a very bitter Ginger Judas Prick described his hat trick as “three lucky breakaways” oh how we laughed. GIRUY YA GJP

We got another 3 lucky breakaways 6 months later :greengrin

Iggy Pope
28-08-2018, 03:13 PM
The only game I've ever bought a programme on the way out the ground. Think the sellers seen an opportunity!

Future17
28-08-2018, 03:31 PM

I'm fairly certain it was the 0-3 Scottish Cup game in which he played with a broken leg.

Iggy Pope
28-08-2018, 03:35 PM
I'm fairly certain it was the 0-3 Scottish Cup game in which he played with a broken leg.

Yes. And he missed the semi.

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2018, 03:44 PM
The only game I've ever bought a programme on the way out the ground. Think the sellers seen an opportunity!
Funny same thing happened on 21/5/16 😂

grunt
28-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Can't believe no one has posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

bigwheel
28-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Can't believe no one has posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

Beautiful [emoji108][emoji109]

The Pointer
28-08-2018, 05:12 PM
I was driving up to a friends house in Helensburgh with the family and I remember where we were when each goal was scored as I went completely radge three times.

The satisfaction from meeting our Rangers-supporting hostess was truly sublime.

Nameless
28-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Don't mean to lower the tone here folks, but that game was very poignant for me. I was listening to it on the radio , returning from seeing my terminally ill Mum in the Western G. Not much could put a smile on my face that day, but Ivan gave me a brief bit of respite that afternoon , on my drive home .It's poignant memories like that, which makes football so special. I'm sure Ivan would be proud to know that he eased your pain, however briefly.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Allant1981
28-08-2018, 06:38 PM
forget how quick and direct scott brown was, would loved to have seen him play against the best in england