PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Welsh in Oz

Forza Fred
26-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Flying up to Brisbane from Sydney tomorrow (Tuesday) to meet up with a few Queensland based Hibbies to attend Irvine Welsh’ s ‘literary event’ on Dead Men’s Trousers.

Hopefully much discussion about 21/05/16...as pre publicity kinda/sorta suggests...

Anyone attended a previous ‘evening with Irvine Welsh’ thingy at a location near them?

pacorosssco
27-08-2018, 05:47 AM
Flying up to Brisbane from Sydney tomorrow (Tuesday) to meet up with a few Queensland based Hibbies to attend Irvine Welsh’ s ‘literary event’ on Dead Men’s Trousers.

Hopefully much discussion about 21/05/16...as pre publicity kinda/sorta suggests...

Anyone attended a previous ‘evening with Irvine Welsh’ thingy at a location near them?

Aye he read the section where the four of them go to cup final.You will enjoy it

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2018, 06:10 AM
The man is a genius! He is a genuinely nice guy and a massive Hibby. He is also a lot taller than I imagined. He signed my copy of the book “To Billyhibs GGTTH Irvine Welsh.” :greengrin

Scotty Leither
27-08-2018, 07:43 AM
I was at his book reading at the biscuit factory in Bonnington.

One word of caution: I wouldn't take your Aunt Nelly along if I were you. He swears a lot.

Juice Terry
27-08-2018, 01:31 PM
I'm sure you will enjoy it.
I attended brunch with Irvine in St Andrews a couple of years ago.
Brilliant couple of hours, at the end I had a chap with Irvine and he signed his book with a fairly explicit hibs phrase.
Really great guy.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk