PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays Highlights

alhibby
26-08-2018, 06:16 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/45315919

linlithgowhibbie
26-08-2018, 06:25 PM
How on earth did Mackay Stevens stay on the pitch?

telford hibbee
26-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Watched the highlights today and no mention of gms assault on Ryan porteous

HibbyAndy
26-08-2018, 06:27 PM

Because he is Hugh Dallas's laddie

Simple

calumhibee1
26-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Definite red.

Definite pen for Aberdeen.

While not a stonewaller I’d say Boyle should have had a pen aswell.

hibbysam
26-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Because he is Hugh Dallas's laddie

Simple

GMS is Shuggy’s laddie?😏

Said for years Andrew is a fraud like his auld man was. Some decisions he makes are incredible, on the other hand seeing Collum sprint over brandishing a red to the Killie boy yesterday surely finishes all claims he ‘hates Hertz’ ... an astonishing decision to give a foul let alone brandish a red card.

calumhibee1
26-08-2018, 06:32 PM
GMS is Shuggy’s laddie?😏

Said for years Andrew is a fraud like his auld man was. Some decisions he makes are incredible, on the other hand seeing Collum sprint over brandishing a red to the Killie boy yesterday surely finishes all claims he ‘hates Hertz’ ... an astonishing decision to give a foul let alone brandish a red card.

I actually thought I could see why he gave it. The wrong decision, probably, but it did look a bit awkward from the Killie boy, think because his foot seemed to roll onto the top of the ball and also cause of the way the Hearts boy landed on him.

Hibernia&Alba
26-08-2018, 06:33 PM

Good question, but it also looked like there was a certain penalty to Aberdeen first half, so let's call it quits :wink:

Unseen work
26-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Personally don’t think it’s a red for Gms and a bit embarrassing from Porteous.

Glory Lurker
26-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Hanlon got the ball. I thought it was a pen at the time, but it wasn't.

The_Horde
26-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Good question, but it also looked like there was a certain penalty to Aberdeen first half, so let's call it quits :wink:

Was a pen on Boyle at the start too.

matty_f
26-08-2018, 07:01 PM
Was a pen on Boyle at the start too.

It's a definite penalty, if that happens anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick.

Eyrie
26-08-2018, 07:10 PM

Dallas called it quits when he didn't give Aberdeen their penalty because he knew he'd messed up by not giving one for the shove on Boyle.

SirDavidsNapper
26-08-2018, 07:16 PM
I find all the moaning about refs draining

O'Rourke3
26-08-2018, 09:41 PM

Watch again

Speedway
26-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Hanlon got the ball. I thought it was a pen at the time, but it wasn't.

Hanlon didn’t get within a foot of the ball. He took the man.

Blatant penalty and we got away with it.

Scouse Hibee

Brought his head up right under Porteous’s chin, it was a red all day long.

truehibernian

Personally think it was a great yellow card to take for the team at that very late stage of the game and Ryan was left with no choice because Hanlon stood still - looking back at it again it may have been Paul carrying a knock as he was very very slow to react when the ball broke to the Dons player.

Porteous had a great game start to finish.

The_Horde
26-08-2018, 09:49 PM

True. The push on Boyle was also a pen so maybe he was evening it up?

Criswell
26-08-2018, 09:58 PM
I actually thought I could see why he gave it. The wrong decision, probably, but it did look a bit awkward from the Killie boy, think because his foot seemed to roll onto the top of the ball and also cause of the way the Hearts boy landed on him.

I think the Hearts player's reaction; ie rolling about in "agony" was the main reason a red card was shown. Shameful behaviour.

Velma Dinkley
26-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Hanlon certainly did get the ball. It changes speed and direction when he kicks it. You can't get closer to the ball than making contact with it.

Eyrie
26-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Hanlon certainly did get the ball. It changes speed and direction when he kicks it. You can't get closer to the ball than making contact with it.

Which he didn't do unfortunately. Fortunately Dallas was feeling guilty about not giving us a penalty early.

greenflyer
26-08-2018, 10:04 PM

Specsavers required. Hanlon clearly toes the ball away and the Aberdeen player dives theatrically. The ref was quite right for this one.

Velma Dinkley
26-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Which he didn't do unfortunately. Fortunately Dallas was feeling guilty about not giving us a penalty early.

He didn't do what he did? :confused::greengrin

macca70
26-08-2018, 10:10 PM

It was strange that Dallas gave a Goal Kick, if he felt Hanlon got the ball why wasn’t it a corner?

Total incompetence from Dallas whole game.

Criswell
26-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Watched the highlights today and no mention of gms assault on Ryan porteous

I too was amazed this wasn't discussed. If ever there was a talking point this was it. IMO a highly controversial decision not give a red card. Of course, I admit to a Hibs bias so I would have liked to have heard more detached opinions.

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2018, 10:30 PM

i thought it was at the time, aberdeen player didn't help his case by having a wee dive after it, but i also think the referee didn't give it to balance things up after Boyle should have got the penalty after a shove in the face by considine

and what a crappy goal to lose to a team that had a total of about four attacks

Unseen work
26-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Watch again

Seen it plenty of times. He stands up into Porteous and it was nothing.

https://twitter.com/bytheminafc/status/1033383242962022401?s=21

jgl07
27-08-2018, 12:23 AM
Specsavers required. Hanlon clearly toes the ball away and the Aberdeen player dives theatrically. The ref was quite right for this one.
Absolutely right.

I was in the perfect position to see and the ball was taken cleanly.

My_Wife_Camille
27-08-2018, 12:31 AM
Absolutely right.

I was in the perfect position to see and the ball was taken cleanly.
Hanlon doesn’t touch the ball at all if you have a good look at the replays. Was a tough one to call so I can see why so many thought it wasn’t a penalty at the time, including me and the ref, but the replays do show that Hanlon never gets a touch of the ball at any point

basehibby
27-08-2018, 01:08 AM
Definite red.

Definite pen for Aberdeen.

While not a stonewaller I’d say Boyle should have had a pen aswell.

Disagree with you and the commentator re Aberdeen penalty claim - Hanlon clearly gets something on the ball from the replays.

Boyle's was a decent shout but a difficult call for the ref - there was a shove but he probably wouldn't have seen it from his position.

Mackay-Steven remaining on the pitch was one of a number of head scratching decisions from Dallas - in his favour though I thought he used the advantage rule well on a number of occasions - one time (not in the highlights) booking 2 Aberdeen players for successive fouls on Boyle after allowing Boyle to progress as he still had posession.

basehibby
27-08-2018, 01:19 AM
Hanlon doesn’t touch the ball at all if you have a good look at the replays. Was a tough one to call so I can see why so many thought it wasn’t a penalty at the time, including me and the ref, but the replays do show that Hanlon never gets a touch of the ball at any point

You're blind man!

CockneyRebel
27-08-2018, 08:10 AM

Watched the slow motion replay and as Hanlon makes the challenge the ball accelerates which would not have happened if he had not made contact with the ball. The ball comes out of the challenge quicker than it went in and the attacker's feet were nowhere near the ball. Watched it 4 times now and seen the same thing each time.

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Didn’t think it was a penalty at the time but if you watch the Sportscene replays from all angles STONEWALL! We dodged a bullet there but thought we had valid claims when Boyle got shoved in the back and GMS should have seen red for retaliation on Porteous even the intent to head butt him was enough for dismissal. 1-1 a fair result imo as both penalty claims cancel each other out! :wink:

Carheenlea
27-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Watched the slow motion replay and as Hanlon makes the challenge the ball accelerates which would not have happened if he had not made contact with the ball. The ball comes out of the challenge quicker than it went in and the attacker's feet were nowhere near the ball. Watched it 4 times now and seen the same thing each time.

The only mistake the referee has made here is not awarding a corner to Aberdeen. The ball shooting off in the direction it did could only have come from Hanlon’s boot. The Boyle one looked a bit debateable going by video, but I think he’s probably got that one right as well as Boyle maybe over egged it somewhat, as every player does of course.

My_Wife_Camille
27-08-2018, 11:10 AM

You're blind man!

Base Hibby. You are the one that is blind sir

Gloryhunter, the ball accelerates away because the attacker nicks it away before Hanlon makes contact with him.

The best way to see it, aside from having normal working eyes, is the angle behind the goals using the squares of the net as a reference. The moment the ball changes direction its in the 4th square from the right but by the time Hanlons foot arrives in the same square the ball is already away.

spudhib
27-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Personally think it was a great yellow card to take for the team at that very late stage of the game and Ryan was left with no choice because Hanlon stood still - looking back at it again it may have been Paul carrying a knock as he was very very slow to react when the ball broke to the Dons player.

Porteous had a great game start to finish.
Ryan’s been outstanding the only downside is a suspension will be on the cards as he gets booked every game😂

Jack Hackett
27-08-2018, 11:24 AM

Gloryhunter, the ball accelerates away because the attacker nicks it away before Hanlon makes contact with him.

The best way to see it, aside from having normal working eyes, is the angle behind the goals using the squares of the net as a reference. The moment the ball changes direction its in the 4th square from the right but by the time Hanlons foot arrives in the same square the ball is already away.

I have to agree

My_Wife_Camille
27-08-2018, 11:26 AM
I have to agree

Can you upload the frame where Hanlons foot eventually arrives in the same ‘square’ that the ball is in there?

pollution
27-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Many years ago a goal was scored with the ball coming back off the metal goal frame. The defender picked up the ball to re start the game

but the ref gave a goal kick as if there had not been a goal.

Total bewilderment from everyone. If no goal had been scored then surely a penalty for the defender picking up the ball?

I think the ref was McGinn - not sure. The SFA will not allow the video to be shown.

Dallas' same mistake is on show for ever. Like his father's mistake ? in the Old Firm game when just after being cut on the head by a coin, he gives Ranger a penalty

when even the Rangers forward doesn't even ask for one.

No one can be singled out for the sins of a parent but I would keep my eye on this version.

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Many years ago a goal was scored with the ball coming back off the metal goal frame. The defender picked up the ball to re start the game

Total bewilderment from everyone. If no goal had been scored then surely a penalty for the defender picking up the ball?

I think the ref was McGinn - not sure. The SFA will not allow the video to be shown.

Dallas' same mistake is on show for ever. Like his father's mistake ? in the Old Firm game when just after being cut on the head by a coin, he gives Ranger a penalty

No one can be singled out for the sins of a parent but I would keep my eye on this version.

Les Mottram was the ref in the Partick Dundee United game when the ball hit the stanchion came out and a defender I think threw the ball to the goalie and he played on.

Jack Hackett
27-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Can you upload the frame where Hanlons foot eventually arrives in the same ‘square’ that the ball is in there?

This is the frame immediately after the one posted above... as close as I could get, at least

Peevemor
27-08-2018, 11:46 AM
From the slow motion replay from behind the goal you can see that it's a penalty. However in real time it was an almost impossible call for the referee, especially given that the linesman's view was blocked.

RyeSloan
27-08-2018, 12:27 PM

Ref was Les Mottram and the video is on YouTube so not sure about your "The SFA will not allow the video to be shown" comment.

About 1min 17sec here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

Keith_M
27-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Dallas called it quits when he didn't give Aberdeen their penalty because he knew he'd messed up by not giving one for the shove on Boyle.

That was the conclusion of Jackie Mac Sr, who was sitting right next to me for both incidents.

I think that's as definitive as you can get. Case closed, etc.

:wink:

basehibby
27-08-2018, 03:08 PM

Having seen the images above I now have to concede - it's me that needs an update on my prescription and yes we got away with one there. All evened up by the Boyle incident in the opening minutes of course :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
27-08-2018, 03:43 PM
That was the conclusion of Jackie Mac Sr, who was sitting right next to me for both incidents.

I think that's as definitive as you can get. Case closed, etc.

:wink:

Agree. That's exactly what happened, he was evening things up to make up for his earlier mistake not to give a pen with Boyle. Dallas made an action which suggested he was going to give a pen to Aberdeen then stopped. If the lino had flagged he'd have probably gone with a pen as it wouldn't have been his decision.

pollution
27-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Ref was Les Mottram and the video is on YouTube so not sure about your "The SFA will not allow the video to be shown" comment.

About 1min 17sec here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

Thanks for the video.

Many years ago there was a show of football errors by referees but the SFA would not authorise footage of that game.

Luckily it was recorded by someone at home hence this grainy quality.

The more I watch it the less I understand about a referees ability to change his mind.

Bristolhibby
27-08-2018, 04:13 PM

I’m sure it was a penalty, but even super slow mo and zoomed in me and my lad were struggling to see it.

That said Mikey Stewart makes a good point, if it wasn’t a penalty then it needed to be a corner.

J

danhibees1875
27-08-2018, 04:16 PM
I’m sure it was a penalty, but even super slow mo and zoomed in me and my lad were struggling to see it.

That said Mikey Stewart makes a good point, if it wasn’t a penalty then it needed to be a corner.

J

I don't get that logic, presumably the ref thinks that Hanlon just gets the ball, and then the Aberdeen player kicks it out of play?

RyeSloan
27-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the video.

Many years ago there was a show of football errors by referees but the SFA would not authorise footage of that game.

Luckily it was recorded by someone at home hence this grainy quality.

The more I watch it the less I understand about a referees ability to change his mind.

Didn’t impact the result right enough!

As well as the Ref the Partick keeper didn’t have the best of days either [emoji23]

As for the grainy quality, I’m pretty sure that was broadcast quality back in the day!