PDA

View Full Version : Big win for Hibs Ladies

Saturday Boy
26-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Hibs Ladies won this afternoon’s match against Celtic by 7-2.
Keeping up the pressure at the top of the league.

The rain in the second half was something special, Crewe Toll’s first monsoon ☔️

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Unstoppable girls!

BegbieHSC
26-08-2018, 04:24 PM

BegbieHSC
26-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Outstanding. Must start going to their games. 5 games left in the league this season, and they are level with City, so are in a shout for the treble.

Hi Heid Yin
26-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Yesss!! Well done Hibs Ladies.
:flag::flag:

007 Mickey Weir
26-08-2018, 04:57 PM
What was the Glasgow City score?

hibsbollah
26-08-2018, 05:00 PM
I heard the Glasgow City coach being interviewed on the radio on Friday, after getting to the knock out stage of the European Cup. She described them as the #1 team in Scotland. I thought we pumped them in the final last season?

Brightside
26-08-2018, 05:05 PM
I heard the Glasgow City coach being interviewed on the radio on Friday, after getting to the knock out stage of the European Cup. She described them as the #1 team in Scotland. I thought we pumped them in the final last season?

They still won the league.

Saturday Boy
26-08-2018, 05:07 PM
What was the Glasgow City score?

They won 4-1 away to Hamilton. I think they’re still top on goal difference, but my age mitigates against accurate maths. And I’m having wine with my dinner 😄

BegbieHSC
26-08-2018, 06:09 PM
They won 4-1 away to Hamilton. I think they’re still top on goal difference, but my age mitigates against accurate maths. And I’m having wine with my dinner 😄

City are ahead by one goal on goal difference.

lord bunberry
26-08-2018, 06:10 PM
My daughter was a ball girl at the match today.

hibbysam
26-08-2018, 06:22 PM

Aren’t all the European games at that level knockouts? Sure Scotland get two places as well, hence how hibs played Bayern the other year.

hibsbollah
26-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Aren’t all the European games at that level knockouts? Sure Scotland get two places as well, hence how hibs played Bayern the other year.

They're through to the last 32,which she was suggesting was a big deal for a Scottish club. Some of the teams left are basically full time pro outfits with facilities nothing different to the men's game.

hibbysam
26-08-2018, 06:26 PM
They're through to the last 32,which she was suggesting was a big deal for a Scottish club. Some of the teams left are basically full time pro outfits with facilities nothing different to the men's game.

Absolutely, some huge ladies clubs in Europe now paying big amounts of money. That second half today will hopefully be huge when it comes to the final table. Would be remarkable to win the league considering the players the ladies have lost.

Saturday Boy
26-08-2018, 07:26 PM
My daughter was a ball girl at the match today.

Well done to her. The weather was appalling. Great to see them getting their picture taken with the team at the end of the game. It’s on Hibs Ladies Twitter if you haven’t seen it.

If anyone has young children, especially girls, a Hibs Ladies game at Spartans is a great introduction. The players always make time to speak to the young fans after the game, no matter how bad the weather is ☔️☔️☔️

lord bunberry
26-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Well done to her. The weather was appalling. Great to see them getting their picture taken with the team at the end of the game. It’s on Hibs Ladies Twitter if you haven’t seen it.

If anyone has young children, especially girls, a Hibs Ladies game at Spartans is a great introduction. The players always make time to speak to the young fans after the game, no matter how bad the weather is ☔️☔️☔️
I saw the photo. She was absolutely drenched, but she loved it. She plays for the hibs girls academy under 9s so she’s right into the football already.

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2018, 10:08 PM
5 games to play, with the penultimate game away to Glasgow on Oct 21st

BegbieHSC
26-08-2018, 10:57 PM
5 games to play, with the penultimate game away to Glasgow on Oct 21st

And the final game of the season being Sevco at Home, same weekend as the gents play them at Easter Road. Would be great for folk to get to both, with a potential title party at the ladies match. They won’t be on the same day either.

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2018, 04:26 AM
And the final game of the season being Sevco at Home, same weekend as the gents play them at Easter Road. Would be great for folk to get to both, with a potential title party at the ladies match. They won’t be on the same day either.

good shout, maybe a carlsberg weekend

BegbieHSC
27-08-2018, 07:17 PM
good shout, maybe a carlsberg weekend

Absolute scenes!