PDA

View Full Version : Concussion protocol

KWJ
26-08-2018, 01:16 AM
How on earth was Considine allowed to re-enter the pitch after Porteous caught him when going for the overhead. He has a golf ball coming out his forehead.

I'd have thought in this day and age and going by other sports no risks like that would be taken even without the obvious evidence he's had a very dull yin.

Boyle was making him dizzy enough.

Forza Fred
26-08-2018, 03:21 AM
How on earth was Considine allowed to re-enter the pitch after Porteous caught him when going for the overhead. He has a golf ball coming out his forehead.

I'd have thought in this day and age and going by other sports no risks like that would be taken even without the obvious evidence he's had a very dull yin.

Boyle was making him dizzy enough.

Yep, watching in Oz my missus couldn’t believe it was a case of .’tell him he’s Pele and get on with it’

In Rugby League in Oz there is a strict protocol in place for head injuries, mind you, I consider you have to have had a few knocks to the head to contemplate playing it anyway, given the commonplace serious injuries.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-08-2018, 05:09 AM
He really didnt look too steady on his feet after the incident

Blame need to lie with the Aberdeen team doctor and McInnes

I cannot believe the doctor would have said “yeah he’s fine to carry on” with the size of the egg on his head

So it’s that or McInnes totally overruled him

Considine was in no fit state to rule himself in or out of the game

McInnes or Aberdeen should be in real trouble over this

GreenCastle
26-08-2018, 05:35 AM
Football is miles behind rugby with this kind of thing.

The SFA have guidelines but needs to be more done.

Like rugby, FIFA should allow a temporary sub to take place to allow a player a chance to be checked.

The_Sauz
26-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Had Aberdeen not made 3 subs before he got hurt?

Michael
26-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Had Aberdeen not made 3 subs before he got hurt?

Even if they had it doesn't excuse it.

Famous Fiver
26-08-2018, 01:12 PM
By the tone of McInnes's after match hysterical comments his brain was well scrambled and, in my opinion, was in no fit state to make any type of decision.

The man was clearly unbalanced, Considine should not have been allowed to continue.

Just shows the depths some individuals will sink to.

Bristolhibby
26-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Football is miles behind rugby with this kind of thing.

The SFA have guidelines but needs to be more done.

Like rugby, FIFA should allow a temporary sub to take place to allow a player a chance to be checked.

Sort of related, intresting article that shows some of the analytics in tackling in the NFL and how they are learning lessons from rugby on how to tackle better and suffer less injuries in the process.

https://www.rugbyworld.com/news/rugby-nfl-exchange-ideas-93441/amp

J

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Is there a protocol for this in football? I don’t think there is.

where'stheslope
26-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Was he unconcious after the incident, or just dazed?
If he was knocked out he should have been off and not allowed back on, if dazed then smelling salts and on you go.
Hayes in the Yams match looked spark out, but he was allowed back on after treatment, he could have been feigning injury to stop himself getting a card?