View Full Version : Next 5 league games

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

If we're going to be contenders this season we need to win every single one.

matty_f
25-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

You're right, but I don't think we'll win them all.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

We will remain unbeaten, why would we not. Perhaps drop a point or two but we will progress.

Borderhibbie76
25-08-2018, 05:34 PM
We will remain unbeaten, why would we not. Perhaps drop a point or two but we will progress.Knowing us we will win the first 4 and then get pumped off Hamilton at home

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
25-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

I'm sure that Neil lennon will be thinking this quietly to himself.
I also agree with you, but we have yet to settle as a team and find fluidity and so I can see us dropping a couple of points in one of these games..and 13 out of a possible 15 points would be a healthy return.

Lancs Harp
25-08-2018, 05:52 PM
I'm sure that Neil lennon will be thinking this quietly to himself.
I also agree with you, but we have yet to settle as a team and find fluidity and so I can see us dropping a couple of points in one of these games..and 13 out of a possible 15 points would be a healthy return.

I'm expecting 18 points out of that.:wink:

Hi Heid Yin
25-08-2018, 06:25 PM
I'm expecting 18 points out of that.:wink:

if you can squeeze 18 points from 5 games then it'll be a first.:wink:

Lancs Harp
25-08-2018, 06:30 PM
if you can squeeze 18 points from 5 games then it'll be a first.:wink:

No problem mate hence the smiley. But it will come just like an 8 dart finish :wink:

Ringothedog
25-08-2018, 08:17 PM
You're right, but I don't think we'll win them all.

I do, we are going to get stronger and stronger

Hi Heid Yin
25-08-2018, 08:21 PM
No problem mate hence the smiley. But it will come just like an 8 dart finish :wink:

:aok:

murray26
25-08-2018, 08:21 PM
I agree.. those 5 games are all ones we should be winning.. the home fixture v Kilmarnock possibly the hardest but they don’t seem to be as strong as last season.. let’s see what happens

DH1875
25-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Knowing us we will win the first 4 and then get pumped off Hamilton at home

If you could guarantee me that, I might actually take it lol 😁.

Reckon we will have a good idea as to where we are heading once these games have past.

Onceinawhile
25-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Given the three after it are celtic away, rangers at home and hearts away we'd better pick up quite a few points!

Lancs Harp
25-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Given the three after it are celtic away, rangers at home and hearts away we'd better pick up quite a few points!

12 points there for the taking :greengrin:wink:

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 09:42 PM

Got the league cup match squeezed in there as well.

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Would gladly get battered off the OF if it means winning at Tynecastle.

IberianHibernian
25-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Would gladly get battered off the OF if it means winning at Tynecastle.Early results suggest Hearts have a good chance of making top 6 again so our results against them could be important for final positions but are you saying you`d prefer 3 points from beating Hearts but losing to C and R to 6 points from losing at Tynecastle but beating C and R ?

Pretty Boy
25-08-2018, 09:59 PM
We'rs not going to be contenders when it comes to the title.

If you mean with regards to 2nd to 4th then I think we need to win the majority. The other teams in contention for those places will drop silly points as well though so 1 bad result isn't the end of the world at this stage.

vuefrom1875
25-08-2018, 11:41 PM
knowing us we will win the first 4 and then get pumped off hamilton at home

sent from my sm-g950f using tapatalk

rubbish.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 11:51 PM
rubbish.

It's not rubbish, Hamilton neat us 1-3 at home last season! We all expected 3 points from that match.

Austinho
25-08-2018, 11:59 PM
Our slow start can be contributed to our European escapades. No excuses for not doing the business in these next 5 fixtures though. 13 points minimum please!

Inconsequential
26-08-2018, 12:35 AM
Got the league cup match squeezed in there as well. Yes I think we'll beat The Dons in the League Cup and secure another 3 points. :rolleyes:

Inconsequential
26-08-2018, 12:39 AM
It's not rubbish, Hamilton neat us 1-3 at home last season! We all expected 3 points from that match. That's rubbish! It was Hibs that were rubbish in that game... total rubbish iirc. :confused:

SirDavidsNapper
26-08-2018, 07:04 AM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

All very winnable and i expect us to win each of them. We're Hibs though so will probably find a way not to. The international break will be very welcome for a change.

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Our slow start can be contributed to our European escapades. No excuses for not doing the business in these next 5 fixtures though. 13 points minimum please!Think a slow start is harsh mate?? We are unbeaten in 3 league games and thru on the cup...hardly slow. Only game I feel we should have won that we didn't was St J away...but the Dons are always a tough nut especially with a weakened team

bod
26-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Knowing us we will win the first 4 and then get pumped off Hamilton at home

I'd rather get pumped of them than a 1-0 defeat to shelic sevco or hertz

Keith_M
26-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Next five games are definitely a 'Must Win'

:duck:

Sir David Gray
26-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Would gladly get battered off the OF if it means winning at Tynecastle.

You would rather get 3 points from 3 games than 6 points?

Hermit Crab
26-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Yes I think we'll beat The Dons in the League Cup and secure another 3 points. :rolleyes:

Are you deliberately being daft? My post is not about getting 15 points, its about the run of games and injuries and suspensions we may pick up. Its all fine and well saying we want 15 points and place at Hampden but there are many things that could prevent that happening...

lyonhibs
26-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

Contenders for what though?

I think there'll be 1 inexplicably disappointing performance and result in that 5 but would still be expecting 10 or 12 points

calumhibee1
26-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

Looking at them as individual games I’d expect us to win every one of them. We’ll slip up somewhere though I would think, not many teams win 5 in a row.

berwickhibee
26-08-2018, 03:01 PM
1 game at a time please,delighted anytime we win a game. Lets win next game and take it from there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Killie at home looks to be the hardest game. We haven't played our strongest possible team yet so when we do we should do fine.

Shrekko
26-08-2018, 04:47 PM
The sense of entitlement a lot of Hibees have developed after 18 months back in the top league makes painful reading at times.

bigwheel
26-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Some of the assumptions in this make me wonder.....every game in this league is both winnable and losable. Livi this weekend for example: with their tight new plastic pitch..and them flying with their direct style will be a ball breaker of a game. Let's hope we get 3 points there, will not be easy. Then take it on from there..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatHead
26-08-2018, 05:42 PM
The sense of entitlement a lot of Hibees have developed after 18 months back in the top league makes painful reading at times.

Don’t think it is entitlement but more belief and confidence in the team.

Having said that it would be some form to win five on the spin.

Hibernia&Alba
26-08-2018, 06:11 PM
On paper all games we should win, but I doubt it; there's always a surprise along the away. Dundee and St Mirren away aren't gimmes and Killie won't be easy.

hibbysam
26-08-2018, 06:24 PM

The day I get worried about playing livi, st mirren, Dundee, Hamilton and killie is the day I probably give up. Absolutely no entitlement but total confidence of putting ***** like that away.

HibbyAndy
26-08-2018, 06:32 PM
The day I get worried about playing livi, st mirren, Dundee, Hamilton and killie is the day I probably give up. Absolutely no entitlement but total confidence of putting ***** like that away.
:agree:

I'm wanting 15 points from 15 , More than likely won't but we as a club should be wanting the lot !

Shrekko
26-08-2018, 07:01 PM

Who’s ‘worried’?

The fact is however that is its pretty unusual for any team outside Celtic to win 5 on the bounce ... it’s just the way it is. We’ll more than likely win the vast majority of points and will go in expecting to win each game when it comes around but to say we won’t ‘challenge’ if we don’t win 15 points out of our next 15 at this stage is utter nonsense.

Seems virtually every point we lose these days in ‘unacceptable’. It’s a joke- we’ve got our best team in ages that is great to watch but some folk just have to have these ‘demands’.

Keith_M
26-08-2018, 07:06 PM

I'm wanting 15 points from 15 , More than likely won't but we as a club should be wanting the lot !

18, surely?

Dom'sFirstTouch
26-08-2018, 07:13 PM
We haven't won a league game away from home since 3 February at Ibrox, so I'm not looking further than Livingston next week.

HibbyAndy
26-08-2018, 07:14 PM
18, surely?

15 surely ?

PatHead
26-08-2018, 07:28 PM
We haven't won a league game away from home since 3 February at Ibrox, so I'm not looking further than Livingston next week.

You could also say we have only lost one game away from home in that period. 7 games of which we drew 6. We should have won a few of those games as well. We need to start finishing teams off.

Dom'sFirstTouch
27-08-2018, 06:56 AM
You could also say we have only lost one game away from home in that period. 7 games of which we drew 6. We should have won a few of those games as well. We need to start finishing teams off.

100% agree. We were the better team in virtually all of them and overall our away record was very good last season. But we did seem to lose the knack of winning away games in the latter part of the season (thankfully at the same time we discovered the knack of winning all our home games).

It just makes me a little wary of bold predictions regarding winning multiple away games on the trot.

MacGruber
27-08-2018, 07:32 AM
Our slow start can be contributed to our European escapades. No excuses for not doing the business in these next 5 fixtures though. 13 points minimum please!

I think the extra fixtures in Europe have been a factor but more so we haven't got a settled team yet. Agyepong hasn't started, Milligan isn't here yet, Kamberi has been injured, MacLaren not match fit, Hyndman not up to speed and signings still required. Obviously injuries are part and parcel but we are a bit behind some because recruitment has been slow.
Not necessarily saying that is a bad thing, should be better in the long run to get the players we want but others have hit the ground running (yes them) and we have a bit of catching up to do

That said, it is still a solid start and on balance we have been unlucky not to have won all 3 league games.

We will get stronger

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2018, 09:07 AM
The sense of entitlement a lot of Hibees have developed after 18 months back in the top league makes painful reading at times.It sure does...even a draw in Perth and at home to 2nd best team in country the last 4years are frowned upon by some these days

hibbysam
27-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Who’s ‘worried’?

The fact is however that is its pretty unusual for any team outside Celtic to win 5 on the bounce ... it’s just the way it is. We’ll more than likely win the vast majority of points and will go in expecting to win each game when it comes around but to say we won’t ‘challenge’ if we don’t win 15 points out of our next 15 at this stage is utter nonsense.

Seems virtually every point we lose these days in ‘unacceptable’. It’s a joke- we’ve got our best team in ages that is great to watch but some folk just have to have these ‘demands’.

Can you show me where anyone said it was unacceptable, like you quoted?

If we want to be challenging for 2nd/3rd then I’d agree that we need to be taking 9/9 against virtually all bottom 6 teams, and especially so against those sides likely to be relegated.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2018, 09:22 AM
It sure does...even a draw in Perth and at home to 2nd best team in country the last 4years are frowned upon by some these days

That’s a good thing IMO. It shows how far we’ve come as a club. Interestingly Lennon mentioned it after the game as well, that draws cost us last year and he was right.

I think you also need to look at the games on their own merits. IMO, based on how the games went, we’ve dropped 4 points rather than gained 2 against St Johnstone and Aberdeen. We should have won both.

Every game feels like a ‘must win’ these days and there is s real disappointment when we don’t win. That’s not just from the support, you can see it in the way the players play as well and I think it’s absolutely the attitude we need to have to achieve anything.

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2018, 09:29 AM
That’s a good thing IMO. It shows how far we’ve come as a club. Interestingly Lennon mentioned it after the game as well, that draws cost us last year and he was right.

I think you also need to look at the games on their own merits. IMO, based on how the games went, we’ve dropped 4 points rather than gained 2 against St Johnstone and Aberdeen. We should have won both.

Every game feels like a ‘must win’ these days and there is s real disappointment when we don’t win. That’s not just from the support, you can see it in the way the players play as well and I think it’s absolutely the attitude we need to have to achieve anything.And that's fine but there is no divine right for us to win every game we have to earn the right too...I can't see how you can describe Sat as 2 points dropped tho when we equalised with 4 mins to go??

B.H.F.C
27-08-2018, 09:33 AM
And that's fine but there is no divine right for us to win every game we have to earn the right too...I can't see how you can describe Sat as 2 points dropped tho when we equalised with 4 mins to go??

Besause we were by far the better team. Lost a horrendous goal from a corner. For the amount of the ball we had, and the control of the game, we should have won. As Lennon said, we need to win games when they’re like that. Countless examples of games last year where we took 1 point when it should have been 3. We don’t want to get in to that habit again.

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Besause we were by far the better team. Lost a horrendous goal from a corner. For the amount of the ball we had, and the control of the game, we should have won. As Lennon said, we need to win games when they’re like that. Countless examples of games last year where we took 1 point when it should have been 3. We don’t want to get in to that habit again.I agree but didn't think we were that incisive in 2nd half on Sat.. it wasn't as if we missed a barrowload of chances. In fact I was fuming at the match it took Lennon so long to change things...we only really looked like scoring when Jamie Mac and Hyndman came on...no idea why it took lenny so long to change things

MacGruber
27-08-2018, 10:06 AM
It sure does...even a draw in Perth and at home to 2nd best team in country the last 4years are frowned upon by some these days

Yep - and that is us missing a number of starters and with signings to come.
I don't for a second reckon we would have lost the goal we did with either of Marciano or McGregor playing. Milligan will be our lynchpin anf Kamberi the focal point.

It bodes well

basehibby
27-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

Every match there is eminently winnable - it's been a bloody long time since we won 5 league matches on the trot though - any idea any stattos out there????

Stevie Reid
27-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Every match there is eminently winnable - it's been a bloody long time since we won 5 league matches on the trot though - any idea any stattos out there????

Start of our winning Championship season I think.

I'm Spartacus
28-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Dundee (A)
St Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)

If we can get by Livingston then we should be ok with the rest, ANYTHING can happen on a plastic pitch and Livi's is a disgrace, but i'm confident we have the right teams home and away for a good run. We could actually cause McCann to get the sack, doubly pleasing! We potentially had 3 plastic pitches in 5 games!!

Diclonius
28-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Home form in league this year: WWWWWWWDWD (8-2-0)
Away form in league this year: WLWDDDDLDD (2-6-2)

On balance, not bad. Our away form isn't fantastic but notable that we've only actually lost two games.

GreenArmyyy!
28-08-2018, 10:02 AM
That’s got to be 5 wins from 5, if we want to take the club to the next level we need to stop accepting mediocrity IMO.

superfurryhibby
28-08-2018, 12:43 PM
That’s got to be 5 wins from 5, if we want to take the club to the next level we need to stop accepting mediocrity IMO.

Mediocrity? Could you tell me when we started accepting it, cos it’s passed me by:confused:

Being a realist, it’s highly improbable that we would win all five. I‘d settle for being unbeaten and building up good momentum. A lot of new faces and the loss of two fantastic players from last season, we are a work in progress.

TelaStella
28-08-2018, 01:18 PM
I actually think Livi away next week will be the hardest out of them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
28-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Home form in league this year: WWWWWWWDWD (8-2-0)
Away form in league this year: WLWDDDDLDD (2-6-2)

On balance, not bad. Our away form isn't fantastic but notable that we've only actually lost two games.

If we maintain that home form and convert even half of these draws away from home into wins then we'll be competing for 2nd place.

B.H.F.C
28-08-2018, 05:29 PM
If we maintain that home form and convert even half of these draws away from home into wins then we'll be competing for 2nd place.

I’d be disappointed if we don’t improve the away form. It’ll be easier to improve that than it will be to maintain the away form.

IGRIGI
28-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Anything less than 15 points and I'll be disappointed.

IGRIGI
28-08-2018, 05:34 PM

The continued pre Lennon lack of balls mentality from a lot of Hibees makes painful reading at times.

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2018, 10:51 PM
The continued pre Lennon lack of balls mentality from a lot of Hibees makes painful reading at times.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2018, 12:36 AM

This one hundred percent. It's not arrogant to expect a Hibs team to compete hard in every game and not be muscled/intimidated out of games by teams of less ability. I've lost count of the games I've attended where we played like we wanted to be back in the dressing room as soon as hammer throwers started putting their weight about. We might have had games under Lennon where we haven't performed well, but we've fought for everything and I love it.

We don't have a divine right to go to places like Hamilton and St Johnstone and come back with three points. But we do have an absolute duty to give it everything we have in order to do so. This is a duty we haven't always discharged. Now we do.

Hi Heid Yin
29-08-2018, 12:40 AM
This one hundred percent. It's not arrogant to expect a Hibs team to compete hard in every game and not be muscled/intimidated out of games by teams of less ability. I've lost count of the games I've attended where we played like we wanted to be back in the dressing room as soon as hammer throwers started putting their weight about. We might have had games under Lennon where we haven't performed well, but we've fought for everything and I love it.

We don't have a divine right to go to places like Hamilton and St Johnstone and come back with three points. But we do have an absolute duty to give it everything we have in order to do so. This is a duty we haven't always discharged. Now we do.

:agree::agree:

Greenbeard
30-08-2018, 10:05 AM
I think the extra fixtures in Europe have been a factor but more so we haven't got a settled team yet. Agyepong hasn't started, Milligan isn't here yet, Kamberi has been injured, MacLaren not match fit, Hyndman not up to speed and signings still required. Obviously injuries are part and parcel but we are a bit behind some because recruitment has been slow.
Not necessarily saying that is a bad thing, should be better in the long run to get the players we want but others have hit the ground running (yes them) and we have a bit of catching up to do

That said, it is still a solid start and on balance we have been unlucky not to have won all 3 league games.

We will get stronger
Agree, given we are not quite up to full speed/strength yet, an expectation of 15/15 is inappropriate. Heart says 15/15 but the head says it is likely there will be at least one draw in there, maybe two, but hopefully no losses. So 13/15 would be excellent and even 11/15 still good. Given the oppo, 10/15 would be moving into the distinctly average category which we are not.

Hibernia1875
30-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Only real stumbling block I see in the next 5 games would be Killie, but against Rangers and the yams they have shown that they’re not up to the same standard as last season

where'stheslope
30-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Only real stumbling block I see in the next 5 games would be Killie, but against Rangers and the yams they have shown that they’re not up to the same standard as last season
What are you saying?
Do you mean Rangers and the Yams are not better than last season????

Sir David Gray
30-08-2018, 06:50 PM
What are you saying?

No he/she are saying Kilmarnock's our toughest game out of our next 5 matches but based on how they did against Hearts and Rangers they are not as good as last season.

Hibernia1875
30-08-2018, 07:12 PM
What are you saying?

Not saying that at all, but a draw to Livingston and then 2 successive defeats at home is not the same Kilmarnock as last season

rcarter1
30-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Its a good opportunity to get near the top end of the table. Still think we are settling the new team, Kamberi out, and think we will maybe get 9-10pts. Anything more than that I will be very impressed.

We then get a crack at all the bad guys in a 3 game bonanza.. Im thinking OK Corral.. :gun::cb

Scotty Leither
30-08-2018, 08:39 PM

Yup...

houstonhibbee
05-09-2018, 02:35 PM

Kilmarnock next up at home is a huge game now with Kilmarnock winning away at Aberdeen. A big task but I'm sure the team spirit and determination will be much improved. Hang on to your hats.....

Ryan69
05-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Kilmarnock next up at home is a huge game now with Kilmarnock winning away at Aberdeen. A big task but I'm sure the team spirit and determination will be much improved. Hang on to your hats.....

In fairness...It was against 10 men for pretty much the whole game.

Diclonius
05-09-2018, 03:14 PM
12 points.

hfc rd
05-09-2018, 04:42 PM
12 points.

On paper yes we should be achieving a maximum 12 points from those fixtures but I just don’t know what to expect from us just now. Unpredictable to say the least. Just hope that Livingston game was simply a bad day at the office.

Diclonius
16-09-2018, 02:08 PM
12 still on.

Diclonius
06-10-2018, 04:31 PM
12 points.

Nae bad.