PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Dallas

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Time for my weekly referee moaning post...

What an idiot

Easily a penalty in the 1st half for Boyle
Shaw fouled and shoved all day
How can you headbutt someone and stay on the park?

Once again no accountability and no chance of questioning him unless Lennon wants another ban

bawheid
25-08-2018, 04:08 PM
A dreadful performance. Makes it up as he goes along. Like watching a lottery.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:11 PM
another game another inept to say the least performance from the man in black, he is a ****.

Libby Hibby
25-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Shocking, he’s totally inept.

CmoantheHibs
25-08-2018, 04:13 PM
I still cannot believe the headbutt didn't get a red. Totally stunned by that decision. It never even crossed my mind that it would be anything other than red.

bingo70
25-08-2018, 04:21 PM
I suspect after we’ve seen the highlights we’ll see he got more right than wrong.

For me they had a stone wall penalty turned down just before they scored and I think Porteous exaggerated the head but in order to save his skin a bit as that was a shocker of a tackle.

Shaw was pushed and pulled a bit but he has to be stronger.

Anyway, was a good game and a good point, don’t think we need to be leaving the game talking about the ref.

Allant1981
25-08-2018, 04:25 PM
I suspect after we’ve seen the highlights we’ll see he got more right than wrong.

For me they had a stone wall penalty turned down just before they scored and I think Porteous exaggerated the head but in order to save his skin a bit as that was a shocker of a tackle.

Anyway, was a good game and a good point, don’t think we need to be leaving the game talking about the ref.

are you talking about the hanlon tackle? he touched the ball beforehand 100%, and GMS definitely meant and caught porteous

givescotlandfreedom
25-08-2018, 04:26 PM
An absolutely stinking performance by one of our country's worst.

whiskas
25-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Dallas was shocking. After that performance he shouldn’t even be allowed to ref an under 10s game. After the Porteous incident he must be demoted

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 04:29 PM

No chance bingo

Hanlon got the ball, no penalty

Porteous has a bust lip and it happened right in front of the ref

Shaw was shoved in the back and had his shirt pulled on more than a few occasions - not much he can do about it

The ref needs to get a grip

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:30 PM
Dallas was shocking. After that performance he shouldn’t even be allowed to ref an under 10s game. After the Porteous incident he must be demoted

Never gonna happen, just makes the fact that he is a **** all the harder to take.

Carheenlea
25-08-2018, 04:31 PM
The amount of blatant pushes in the back of Hibs players in full view of him was baffling as to why he chose to ignore them. Won’t go down as a vintage performance for him that’s for sure, but one that will have pleased his old man.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 04:31 PM
The amount of blatant pushes in the back of Hibs players in full view of him was baffling as to why he chose to ignore them. Won’t go down as a vintage performance for him that’s for sure, but one that will have pleased his old man.

This

The Harp
25-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Abysmal refereeing performance yet again, this time from Dallas.
Makes you wonder what kind of selection process these guys go through.
Incompetence rules!

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:34 PM

His old man was an even bigger **** and cheat.

whiskas
25-08-2018, 04:35 PM
From the evidence I’ve seen the only explanation for him being a SPL official is his dad. And his dad was a prime example if the Peter Principle himself. If I was as bad at my job as he is at his Id be looking at a sacking for gross misconduc

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Abysmal refereeing performance yet again, this time from Dallas.
Makes you wonder what kind of selection process these guys go through.
Incompetence rules!

As long as you are from the west coast then you are in, if not no chance.

matty_f
25-08-2018, 04:36 PM
He was dreadful.

hibbydad
25-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Dallas was absolutely shocking there can be no argument about that. I don't think Shaw is ready for this

cabbage_88
25-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Every week near enough I come out the game thinking a referee can't be any worse than that, then the next week comes and he is even worse!

A truly horrendous referee who's level is amateur at best. The Dallas' at Christmas must be fun! Sitting giving each other yellow cards over the table

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Every week near enough I come out the game thinking a referee can't be any worse than that, then the next week comes and he is even worse!

A truly horrendous referee who's level is amateur at best. The Dallas' at Christmas must be fun! Sitting giving each other yellow cards over the table

Yes it would be a proper ****s Xmas.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Dallas was absolutely shocking there can be no argument about that. I don't think Shaw is ready for this

If the ref had some balls to give free kicks for fouls, Shaw would have been fine today

Don’t punish them and they’ll continue to do it

Broken Gnome
25-08-2018, 04:45 PM
The one where Horgan was near headlocked just outside the box in the first half was up there with the worst non-awards of a free kick I've ever seen.

dp00
25-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Horrible performance for both sides Tbf , no wonder managers get so frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
25-08-2018, 04:49 PM
The one where Horgan was near headlocked just outside the box in the first half was up there with the worst non-awards of a free kick I've ever seen.

I was trying to work out if he was giving us an advantage there but afterwards it was Horgan he spoke to, rather than the defender.

Broken Gnome
25-08-2018, 05:03 PM
I was trying to work out if he was giving us an advantage there but afterwards it was Horgan he spoke to, rather than the defender.

Think he was telling him why he didn't give it. If it was advantage, it consisted of Horgan lying on the ground.

Onion
25-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Takes a special kind of conceited narcissist to be THAT bad at what you do, get berated all game by players and both sets of fans and yet STILL wants to stay on a a referee. If we had any half decent res in Scotland, Dallas wouldn't get close to officiating matches. He only gets the opportunity because the rest are just as bad.

Chic Murray
25-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Time for my weekly referee moaning post...

What an idiot

Easily a penalty in the 1st half for Boyle
Shaw fouled and shoved all day
How can you headbutt someone and stay on the park?

Once again no accountability and no chance of questioning him unless Lennon wants another ban

The head butt was right in front of me, and I thought it was a straight red. It would be great for somebody to explain why a yellow was given.

MacKay-Steven then went on to take the free kick, imagine if he had scored.

lord bunberry
25-08-2018, 05:08 PM
:agree: I sit in the West right in line with that and I couldn’t believe that wasn’t a free kick, both the ref and the linesman were looking right at it. It was exactly the same with GMS he clearly head butted Porteous. The fact that Porteous to his credit didn’t make anything of it probably saved the little prick a red card.

Dublin07
25-08-2018, 05:22 PM
I don't think he was a bad as most people are saying here. nothing like as bad as last week. The one shocker he had was the red card at the end. he tried to head butt him and caught him in the face which is a red all day long. he was inconsistent with fouls but didn't favour one team over the other like some refs. there were a couple of fouls he missed on shaw but also think shaw allowed himself to be bullied by their defence which kamberi wouldn't do. could have given a penalty to both teams in the first half but I think he got both decisions correct. he tried to play advantage and let the game flow which I like. I watched the game on Hibs TV and the advantage of replays does help when assessing a ref.

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Watching Alba stonewall pen on boyle

Kyle A
25-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Not only the bad decisions

His complete failure to signal decisions
was beyond shocking

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2018, 05:35 PM
I don't think he was a bad as most people are saying here. nothing like as bad as last week. The one shocker he had was the red card at the end. he tried to head butt him and caught him in the face which is a red all day long. he was inconsistent with fouls but didn't favour one team over the other like some refs. there were a couple of fouls he missed on shaw but also think shaw allowed himself to be bullied by their defence which kamberi wouldn't do. could have given a penalty to both teams in the first half but I think he got both decisions correct. he tried to play advantage and let the game flow which I like. I watched the game on Hibs TV and the advantage of replays does help when assessing a ref.

In the main I agree with you mate.

I thought he could’ve dished a few more yellow cards out to them in the 2nd half.

Mr Grieves
25-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Watching Alba stonewall pen on boyle

Yep, definite pen. Considine has stuck his forearm into Boyle's back and pushed him over

weecounty hibby
25-08-2018, 05:38 PM
In a long list of very bad referees he stand head and shoulders above them all as the most incompetent referee. He just seems to have no awareness of anything going on around him. Some of his decisions and non decisions today we're beyond belief

Scotty Leither
25-08-2018, 05:39 PM
...and missed by linesman Douglas Ross, who really should be getting on with his day job, as he gave us nowt all day either.

One Day Soon
25-08-2018, 05:42 PM
This guy takes incompetence to new levels. Every team must hate having him in charge.

lord bunberry
25-08-2018, 05:44 PM
...and missed by linesman Douglas Ross, who really should be getting on with his day job, as he gave us nowt all day either.
I thought it was him. In the old firm game last season he was extremely vocal when he saw an offence that involved a Celtic player being sent off, but today he turned the other cheek every time. ****ing rat that he is.

SingaporeHibs
25-08-2018, 05:58 PM
There is absolutely no defending Dallas on today’s performance, a shocking display. There are actually too many examples from the game today for me to list, I would need to have taken notes to remember them all. Time after time he failed to make the right decisions, a bunch of times he made no decisions at all. No doubt we should have had a penalty and i’m not convinced Hanlon got his toe to the ball either but if anyone can confirm after watching Alba will be happy to hear your thoughts. GMS was a straight red at the end, no debating that one. Porteous took one for the team, he did well to bring GMS down before getting to the box and rightly took his yellow card for it. Dallas totally bottled it at that point. Completely inept.

kaimendhibs
25-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Aye, nae bother Hugh

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

cleanyman
25-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Felt it was a very tough game to referee particularly in the second half.

Hibs should have had a penalty and for the Aberdeen one from my view in the east it looked like a close call. He could have easily have given it.

Also booked two Aberdeen players after rash tackles on Boyle. You rarely ever see that.

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Anyone seen Shinnie’s tackle (on Mallan?) in the first half back on tv yet? Looked like he flew in and was out of control.

Brightside
25-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Terrible performance from all officials....not just for us.

Ryan91
25-08-2018, 06:53 PM
Watching the game on Alba and GMS is a very lucky boy, should have been off, knew exactly what he was doing when he caught Porteous.

jax67
25-08-2018, 06:57 PM
What a waste of a pair of shorts Dallas is.
He sees things that didn’t happen, misses the
glaring obvious. Just like most referees in Scottish
football to be fair. Can’t stand his pompous attitude though.

Saturday Boy
25-08-2018, 07:09 PM
I’m sure his dad will be proud of him.

They’ll probably be polishing the goat in Bonkle tonight.

I’d hoped that the tv coverage might have explained some of his decisions, but sadly they managed to make it look worse.

Scott Allan Key
25-08-2018, 07:23 PM
If the ref had some balls to give free kicks for fouls, Shaw would have been fine today

Don’t punish them and they’ll continue to do it

And Malian could’ve taken advantage too.

Eyrie
25-08-2018, 07:37 PM
The Boyle penalty was a stonewaller, and that was proved when Dallas then waved away what looked on TV to be a good penalty claim by them. Clearly a make up call.

CMurdoch
25-08-2018, 07:41 PM

That about covers it other than Porteous. It looked a sore one.
Having watched the match again on TV i can report that my fellow Hibees around me in the East managed to get far more decisions wrong than the referee. Bunch of cheats :wink:.
The danger to Dallas was not sending Steven off at the end. As another poster said all hell would have broken lose had Aberdeen scored the winner from his free kick.
Well done Shaw for heading that one away at the near post.

H18 SFR
25-08-2018, 08:01 PM
The fourth official roaster that sent Lennon to the stand at Killie last season postponed today's game at Elgin because an area of the pitch was too dry apparently.

staunchhibby
25-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Can the compliance officer look at the head butt incident.Or did the booking give a get out of jail card.Shocking decision if it does

Northernhibee
25-08-2018, 08:07 PM
The fourth official roaster that sent Lennon to the stand at Killie last season postponed today's game at Elgin because an area of the pitch was too dry apparently.

Apparently they'd recently put sand on the pitch and it's left gravel like material on that corner. The club should be ensuring the playing surface is suitable.

Watering cans, a hose, a sprinkler will solve the dry patch, the gravel shouldn't be there.

BoltonHibee
25-08-2018, 08:08 PM
The standard of refereeing up here is awful at the moment. They do ruin games. He was a complete incompetent clown today.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Can the compliance officer look at the head butt incident.Or did the booking give a get out of jail card.Shocking decision if it does

Sadly not

The ref “saw and delt with” during the match = no further action

Dallas is a ducking joke

Robbo6-2
25-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Worst thing about today was only 4mins added time.

Aberdeen player was down for 3 minutes at the goal and the same at the one where he faked getting kicked in head. Add Davy grays injury plus all the subs there should of been around 7mins added on.

Carheenlea
25-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Just seen the incident with Porteous and GMS and it didn’t look as bad as it initially looked from distance at game. Probably didn’t really merit a red card.

bookert
25-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Dallas was bad, but the stand side linesman was shocking. Gripping an opponent round the neck is apparently OK.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-08-2018, 08:48 PM
I think maybe Debbie supports Aberdeen.

I think she drew the line at Drew

Bishop Hibee
25-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Worst refereeing performance of the season by a country mile. I’m 70 yards away and could see it was a stonewall penalty when Boyle was pushed over.

CMurdoch
25-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Worst thing about today was only 4mins added time.

Aberdeen player was down for 3 minutes at the goal and the same at the one where he faked getting kicked in head. Add Davy grays injury plus all the subs there should of been around 7mins added on.

Hibees shouting cheat at Considine for faking getting kicked in the head.

Watching the Alba rerun i note a massive **** off bruise on his napper after the incident.
A lot of blind folk in the stands.

J-C
25-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Fast tracked through the system because of who his dad was, a truly shocking referee who loves being the centre of attention, he's that bad at times he actually makes it look like he's cheating when in fact he's just totally awful.

25-08-2018, 09:05 PM
I still cannot believe the headbutt didn't get a red. Totally stunned by that decision. It never even crossed my mind that it would be anything other than red.

Perhaps I was at the loo at the time .... what headbutt?! Was this the incident with GMS near the end where GMS was fouled then got up and (I thought) Kicked or stood on Porteous??

CMurdoch
25-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Perhaps I was at the loo at the time .... what headbutt?! Was this the incident with GMS near the end where GMS was fouled then got up and (I thought) Kicked or stood on Porteous??

Yeah, he got up off the ground right under Porteous nose intentionally striking his chin with his head on the way up.

25-08-2018, 09:27 PM
When both sets of supporters are booing the officials off at the end of a game it tells how bad Dallas actually was. Quickly lost control of the match resulting in inconsistent calls throughout the game on both sides.

green day
25-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Is a ****

Is that how this thread works?

O'Rourke3
25-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Hibees shouting cheat at Considine for faking getting kicked in the head.

Watching the Alba rerun i note a massive **** off bruise on his napper after the incident.
A lot of blind folk in the stands.

Ryan P had a fresh air shot at an overhead kick. It was far from clear at the time if there was any contact if that even was the contact. Consadine moved forward and seemed to collapse after the event to waste time. For someone who lay still for a good couple of minutes he was soon trying to get back on the pitch as soon as he free kick was taken.

Criswell
25-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Not giving a pen for the blatant push on Boyle set the standard for the rest of the match. They realised they could to get away with shoving and barging our players all afternoon without punishment and they took full advantage.

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 10:30 PM
The constant being able to interrupt the game by stopping free kicks never happens in any other league in the world I don't think apart from here. Incredible gamesmanship which is ignored. The truly bizarre incident when 2 Aberdeen players wrestled Mallan to the ground stopping him playing the ball sums it up. Not fit for purpose. Andrew probably patting himself on the back that a draw improves Rangers position.

CMurdoch
25-08-2018, 11:14 PM
Ryan P had a fresh air shot at an overhead kick. It was far from clear at the time if there was any contact if that even was the contact. Consadine moved forward and seemed to collapse after the event to waste time. For someone who lay still for a good couple of minutes he was soon trying to get back on the pitch as soon as he free kick was taken.

Nah, big egg shape bruise to Considine's forehead was very clearly a result of Ryan's fresh air shot connecting with his napper.

One Day Soon
25-08-2018, 11:27 PM
Is a ****

Is that how this thread works?

Not sure, certainly seems to be how he works though.

Chorley Hibee
25-08-2018, 11:29 PM
I believe that the best refs are seldom seen throughout a game.

Then you have the referees in Scotland, who are so incompetent it's almost beyond belief. Their innate ability to ruin/prevent games of football, aligned to their self aggrandizing and pompous attitude, is now worthy of being reviewed by our governing bodies.

I won't hold my breath.

jax67
26-08-2018, 03:46 AM
The head butt was right in front of me, and I thought it was a straight red. It would be great for somebody to explain why a yellow was given.

MacKay-Steven then went on to take the free kick, imagine if he had scored.

Now that he’s given the yellow card, am I right in thinking
there can be no retrospective punishment for gms?

Callum_62
26-08-2018, 05:57 AM

He kicked him right in the head

Its a yellow card- which funnily enough, would’ve seen Porteous either not make that tackle on GMS or walk if he did

brianmc
26-08-2018, 06:03 AM
Now that he’s given the yellow card, am I right in thinking
there can be no retrospective punishment for gms?

Unfortunately, yes.

J-C
26-08-2018, 07:20 AM
He kicked him right in the head

Its a yellow card- which funnily enough, would’ve seen Porteous either not make that tackle on GMS or walk if he did

Not a yellow, Porteous doesn't intentionally kick him, it was an overhead kick which he missed, purely accidental and a simple free kick.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2018, 07:31 AM
He just seems to lose control of a game really easily. He lacks authority and I don't think players respect him.

An example would be in the 1st half Aberdeen had a throw in on the East side. Their player stole about 10 yards, Dallas told him to move back, the guy took 2 steps back then preceded to walk about another 4 yards forward, took the throw and Dallas just let it go. It's a small thing but it lets players know they can influence the ref.

He's about as good an example of the 'jobs for the boys' culture that exists in Scottish football as there is.

eastcoasthibby
26-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Anyone seen Shinnie’s tackle (on Mallan?) in the first half back on tv yet? Looked like he flew in and was out of control.

I remember that challenge and along with quite a few in the crowd screaming about it being wild, but a per usual Shinnie got away with it, when he eventually got booked because it was so blatant he had.to book him,, he continued to have a go at Dallas for it verbally and pointing the finger at him, Dallas bottled it again.

southsider
26-08-2018, 08:16 AM
No chance bingo

Shaw was shoved in the back and had his shirt pulled on more than a few occasions - not much he can do about it

Oil needs to plant his feet and when he feels the push go down. Having said that he needs to work at the gym on his upper body strength. But I have faith in the lad.

JimBHibees
26-08-2018, 08:25 AM
He just seems to lose control of a game really easily. He lacks authority and I don't think players respect him.

An example would be in the 1st half Aberdeen had a throw in on the East side. Their player stole about 10 yards, Dallas told him to move back, the guy took 2 steps back then preceded to walk about another 4 yards forward, took the throw and Dallas just let it go. It's a small thing but it lets players know they can influence the ref.

He's about as good an example of the 'jobs for the boys' culture that exists in Scottish football as there is.

Totally agree the predominance of west central refs is ridiculous. You are not telling me there are no decent refs from other areas. When you see total incompetents like Muir and Dallas getting top flight games you know something is wrong. No Edinburgh referee getting the Scottish cup final for 100 years says it all.

Smartie
26-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Just watched motd and the pundits all appeared to agree that Hogg of Huddersfield deserved to be sent off.

I couldn't believe GMS wasn't sent off - it was as clear a red card as you'll ever see.

The only saving grace is that it was so late in the game it was unlikely to influence anything much.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2018, 09:33 AM
I remember that challenge and along with quite a few in the crowd screaming about it being wild, but a per usual Shinnie got away with it, when he eventually got booked because it was so blatant he had.to book him,, he continued to have a go at Dallas for it verbally and pointing the finger at him, Dallas bottled it again.

:agree: I actually thought he booked Shinnie for dissent after the challenge. He took so long to get the card out I thought he was getting another freebie.

percy veer
26-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Not only the bad decisions

His complete failure to signal decisions
was beyond shocking

your right there was one near the start where hibs won the ball and just pointed everyone basically stopped because they thought it was a free kick .

percy veer
26-08-2018, 11:17 AM
:agree: I actually thought he booked Shinnie for dissent after the challenge. He took so long to get the card out I thought he was getting another freebie.

it was for dissent

Gmack7
26-08-2018, 11:56 AM
i spoke with the referee supervisor after the game and he thought Dallas got most things spot on and had a good game.i didn't

A Hi-Bee
26-08-2018, 11:59 AM
i spoke with the referee supervisor after the game and he thought Dallas got most things spot on and had a good game.i didn't

The blind leading the blind, it is never gonna change.

J-C
26-08-2018, 12:06 PM

This says it all.

where'stheslope
26-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Not a yellow, Porteous doesn't intentionally kick him, it was an overhead kick which he missed, purely accidental and a simple free kick.
It comes under dangerous play, and can be yellow or red depending on how it happens!!!

A Hi-Bee
26-08-2018, 01:53 PM

I make no apology for posting this once more for anyone who may be interested.

Referee Bias
Interesting wee article here in the Sunday Herald about the bias found at the small corrupt branch of the larger corrupt and incompetent SFA.
Been saying the same for more years than I care to remember it is NOT incompetence. (Pity they refer to the Central Belt when they in fact mean Glasgow and the West) but apart from that I fail to see even though this is an old survey why this is not all over all sports media outlets in this country.
Bias = Cheating be that consciously or unintentional.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16114571.Investigation__Referees_blow_the_whistle_ on_unrest/

where'stheslope
26-08-2018, 02:03 PM
I make no apology for posting this once more for anyone who may be interested.

Referee Bias
Interesting wee article here in the Sunday Herald about the bias found at the small corrupt branch of the larger corrupt and incompetent SFA.
Been saying the same for more years than I care to remember it is NOT incompetence. (Pity they refer to the Central Belt when they in fact mean Glasgow and the West) but apart from that I fail to see even though this is an old survey why this is not all over all sports media outlets in this country.
Bias = Cheating be that consciously or unintentional.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16114571.Investigation__Referees_blow_the_whistle_ on_unrest/

That article stinks of Bulls**t!
Only the Glasgow based teams feel that the world is against them, and even some of them get turned over by them!
But one good thing to maybe come out of the West Coast bias, is there is no way they will ever move to Murrayfield!!!!!

A Hi-Bee
26-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Only the Glasgow based teams feel that the world is against them, and even some of them get turned over by them!
But one good thing to maybe come out of the West Coast bias, is there is no way they will ever move to Murrayfield!!!!!

You of course are entitled to your opinion Mr Dallas, I just dont happen to agree with you.

JimBHibees
26-08-2018, 09:05 PM

Think it is very interesting and factual. The facts are there to see the first time an Edinburgh ref got the Scottish cup final was 107 years after it started. If that isn't very odd I don't know what is. Seems to be a clear bias shown to refs from the West, quelle surprise.

guidref
27-08-2018, 07:56 AM
Its no surprise to see articles such as this. I was a member of the Angus referees association and they just get ignored totally by the SFA. I went to a couple of EDRA meetings and training sessions when I moved job and house and they wern't any better.

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Its no surprise to see articles such as this. I was a member of the Angus referees association and they just get ignored totally by the SFA. I went to a couple of EDRA meetings and training sessions when I moved job and house and they wern't any better.

Why do you think that was?

basehibby
27-08-2018, 10:08 AM
No chance bingo

Agree with this - many Hibs.netters must be as blind as the Sportscene commentator - there is no doubt from the footage that Hanlon got something on the ball.

Re Dallas jnr - the Porteous-McKay-Stevens incident is just one of a number that had me shaking my head in wonder. There was one blatant yellow card foul on Boyle I think, right on the edge of the area (Mallan territory) which was ignored for example.

In his defence though he did play the advantage rule very well - on one occasion letting Boyle continue a run towards goal under a sustained series of assaults from the Aberdeen defence - and waiting until he'd lost the ball to haul back play and book not one but two Aberdeen players for separate challenges. That was excellent ref-ing even if he had me scratching my head in disbelief at other times.

macca70
27-08-2018, 10:19 AM

Defo a booking. Regardless if it’s accidental, he volleys the Aberdeen player on the forehead with his feet up at head height. That’s dangerous play.

Greenbeard
27-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Holly Johnson appointed by SFA as ref

Andrew Dallas sings "Relax"

guidref
27-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Why do you think that was?

EDRA had the Dougie MacDonald gang who looked after them selves. I went to a couple of meetings and training nights and didn't like it so I never went back and just stopped refereeing altogether.
In my opinion and its just my opinion) the gang" looked after them selves being the big fish in the little pond. For the SFA overall they were obviously little fish so take what you want from that

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 11:34 AM
EDRA had the Dougie MacDonald gang who looked after them selves. I went to a couple of meetings and training nights and didn't like it so I never went back and just stopped refereeing altogether.
In my opinion and its just my opinion) the gang" looked after them selves being the big fish in the little pond. For the SFA overall they were obviously little fish so take what you want from that

Quite depressing that.

hibbyfraelibby
27-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately, yes.

...there's always the BetFred cup game during which GMS will havd to hide from retribution. Suspect McInnes will bottle it and drop him.