Discuss

hibs#1
25-08-2018, 03:54 PM
****s.

Discuss

Can't argue with logic like that 👍

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Six at the back after 60 minutes. Pathetic.

Scottie
25-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Anti fitba the day again but got what they came for a point

Libby Hibby
25-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Horrible team, a bunch of complete hammer throwers.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:15 PM
****s, thread closed.

Carheenlea
25-08-2018, 04:22 PM
We’re a better side than them on the evidence today, but they’ll grind out a lot of points over the season.

Frazerbob
25-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Id be fuming if I was a Sheep fan. They have some cracking players but golden boy McInness set them up to hold out for a 1-0 win the entire second half. They never tried to cross the half way line.

Borderhibbie76
25-08-2018, 04:23 PM
We’re a better side than them on the evidence today, but they’ll grind out a lot of points over the season.We are but they defend far better than we do and can grind out results

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seekyit
25-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Almost a carbon copy of the same fixture about a year ago. Thankfully we got something today.

calumhibee1
25-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Gang.

Rumble de Thump
25-08-2018, 04:29 PM
On BBC Scotland Miller, Gordon and McInnes have been saying that Aberdeen were denied a stonewall penalty when Hanlon challenged Ferguson. Was that the incident where Hanlon clearly won the ball or was there something else I might have missed?

Allant1981
25-08-2018, 04:30 PM
On BBC Scotland Miller, Gordon and McInnes have been saying that Aberdeen were denied a stonewall penalty when Hanlon challenged Ferguson. Was that the incident where Hanlon clearly won the ball or was there something else I might have missed?

nope thats the one, that lot are just a bunch of twats

matty_f
25-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Boyle should have had a penalty as well.

Aberdeen have been a dirty side for a few years now, today was no surprise.

Refs don't do much to prevent it though, which is a real disappointment.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:43 PM
nope thats the one, that lot are just a bunch of twats

or a gang of ****s!

Johnny Clash
25-08-2018, 04:47 PM
They were wasting time throughout the whole game. Clearly hoping to escape with a point. Hibs the better team judging on today’s game.

Hibee Mac
25-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Had to laugh at the 4 mins added on. Honestly wouldn't have been surprised if it was 10 mins

Sammy7nil
25-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Had to laugh at the 4 mins added on. Honestly wouldn't have been surprised if it was 10 mins

I totally agree 5 subs, players down injured on at least three occasions and the ref constantly pointing at his watch for their time wasting. Then the Muppet sticks up 4 mins it is laughable.

Chic Murray
25-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Eye bleeding football. This must be one of the times the Sheep fans' ignorance of the game comes to their rescue.

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Id be fuming if I was a Sheep fan. They have some cracking players but golden boy McInness set them up to hold out for a 1-0 win the entire second half. They never tried to cross the half way line.

I said the same after their 0-1 win this time last year and was rubbished on here for saying it.

Negative, dull, hackers. Couldn’t watch that every week even if we hardly ever got beat.

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 05:25 PM
I totally agree 5 subs, players down injured on at least three occasions and the ref constantly pointing at his watch for their time wasting. Then the Muppet sticks up 4 mins it is laughable.

The head knocks for Considine and Gray took up 4 mins on their own. Constant time wasting 5 subs absolute joke.

Hi Heid Yin
25-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Aberdeen know that they can't live with Hibs at Easter Road and so they came to stifle, niggle and camp-in deep - hitting us on the break.
They will go home totally satisfied in coming away with a point.

weecounty hibby
25-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Just home. Thank **** I only have to watch that shower of cheating, kicking, diving, time wasting, injury feigning, anti football, niggling, ref chasing, imaginary card waving *******s twice a season. I can't believe they get pumped in Europe every year as they do everything we complain that continental teams and they are a match for them at it.

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 05:32 PM
I said the same after their 0-1 win this time last year and was rubbished on here for saying it.

Negative, dull, hackers. Couldn’t watch that every week even if we hardly ever got beat.

Totally agree absolute torture to watch. The double hack on boyle was disgusting.

Since90+2
25-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Aberdeen are no very good. They were lucky to get a draw against us and that's us being without our best player.

Lancs Harp
25-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Aberdeen make it difficult, so do Hearts, you know whats coming you have to find a way to beat it.

Keith_M
25-08-2018, 05:51 PM
****s.

Discuss

:agree:

Anti-Football, cheating bassas. Shldv finished the game with about 9 players

kaimendhibs
25-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Horrible dirty team. And that Mackay Steven is a wee sleekit creep

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

gazzag70
25-08-2018, 05:55 PM
They are brutal. Completely overrated there is no chance they’ll finish second this year imo.

scotia44
25-08-2018, 06:10 PM
The head knocks for Considine and Gray took up 4 mins on their own. Constant time wasting 5 subs absolute joke.

Just seen the Considine injury he wasn't faking
Had a lump on his head which really begged the question if he should've be allowed to continue

Lancs Harp
25-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Just seen the Considine injury he wasn't faking
Had a lump on his head which really begged the question if he should've be allowed to continue

That is his nose mate :wink:

Albanian Hibs
25-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Boring team boring fans

scotia44
25-08-2018, 06:23 PM
That is his nose mate :wink:

It was bigger than his hooter that's saying something 😄

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Their 6 at the back formation in the second half was staggering, thats Craig Levein stuff that. We were the better team just but we really need to start taking our chances in these games, thats 2 draws already this season in games we should have won. That was our downfall last season.

Lancs Harp
25-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Their 6 at the back formation in the second half was staggering, thats Craig Levein stuff that. We were the better team just but we really need to start taking our chances in these games, thats 2 draws already this season in games we should have won. That was our downfall last season.

A lot of truth in that fella. When was the last time Aberdeen were expansive at Easter Road? We know what they are going to do, we need to deal with it. Hearts are similar.

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2018, 06:29 PM

3 mins for the first aberdeen player down, 2 mins for the 2nd one, at least a min when SDG was down, 2 and half mins for subs = 8 and a half mins it should have been

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 06:32 PM
A lot of truth in that fella. When was the last time Aberdeen were expansive at Easter Road? We know what they are going to do, we need to deal with it. Hearts are similar.

I can't remember the last time they came to Easter Rd and gave us u humping, I know they did beat us 0-1 last season but that was another game where we failed to take our chances.

silverhibee
25-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Remind me of NYPD

Sir David Gray
25-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Just home. Thank **** I only have to watch that shower of cheating, kicking, diving, time wasting, injury feigning, anti football, niggling, ref chasing, imaginary card waving *******s twice a season. I can't believe they get pumped in Europe every year as they do everything we complain that continental teams and they are a match for them at it.

Are you going to the cup game in a few weeks? :wink:

cleanyman
25-08-2018, 06:36 PM
A well drilled team.

We never looked like winning the game in the second half but nonetheless Aberdeen fans are disappointed with the 6 defenders on the pitch come the end.

We need to foind our own way of playing because it wasn't working today

Hibernia&Alba
25-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Durable, tough, tenacious. Not great to watch, but not easy to beat. They will have another decent season.

Stokesy's on fire
25-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Boring team boring fans

Thats them! Always have been

Did anyone else hear them singing "go home yi taig"? I could be wrong but thats what it sounded like.

kaimendhibs
25-08-2018, 07:38 PM

Did anyone else hear them singing "go home yi taig"? I could be wrong but thats what it sounded like.**** fans with **** songs

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
25-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Don't mind them as they can't stand the Old Firm like us.

But today.....they really were thugs and McInnes is such an over hyped managed. Very similar to a Levein team - kick lumps out of you - love a set piece - grind out results at home.

Their home crowds have been pretty crap over the last few years considering they have been near the top end of the table.

Away crowds usual travel well but absolutely terrible and limited songs. On the pitch they aren't as solid as previous seasons so I expect us to finish above them.

BullsCloseHibs
25-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Aberdeen will be gutted at losing that late one. Holding on like they did, they didn't deserve anything.
GGTTH

bawheid
25-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Their MO is winning turgid games 1-0. McInnes will be disappointed they didn’t manage it today as it’s their game plan most weeks. Dull.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 08:08 PM

Did anyone else hear them singing "go home yi taig"? I could be wrong but thats what it sounded like.

It was come on you dons (or reds), come on you dons, come on you dons come on! To the tune of go home ya huns. :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
25-08-2018, 08:12 PM
I thought Aberdeen were a bit off it, similar to ourselves. Both clubs will be relatively content with a point apiece at this early stage. We'll both be in the mix for 3rd come the end of the season. 2nd might be beyond us both

Stokesy's on fire
25-08-2018, 08:58 PM
It was come on you dons (or reds), come on you dons, come on you dons come on! To the tune of go home ya huns. :greengrin

Jesus their song book honks as much as stevie may :agree:

O'Rourke3
25-08-2018, 09:05 PM
McInness's next gig will be a rugby team.

Libby Hibby
25-08-2018, 09:40 PM
To witness the contrasting styles of the 2 sides, you need only look at the passage of play where It took 2 bookable offences on Martin Boyle to stop him in full flow.

Ringothedog
25-08-2018, 10:08 PM

Their best one was when Hyndman came on and they started chanting “hun” at him, this coming from the fans who hurled abuse at our manager and have an ex hun as theirs😂

eastcoasthibby
25-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Aberdeen play the same way all the.time set up big physical central defenders and same up front play ditect and GMS as there flair player...strong take no prisoners play. Good keeper and whinging little B.....d Shinnie at the referee forevery decision ..

vuefrom1875
25-08-2018, 11:40 PM

Agreed, bunch of hackers just like last season....hope they win f$$k all this season.

Onion
26-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Brutal football from Aberdeen, expected much better. They seems to have reverted to kicking lumps out of the opposition to just stop them scoring and hoping for a 0-0. Yesterday, they managed to bundle the ball over our line, mainly due to crap defending, but then did absolutely nothing for 45 mins. No chance they'll be 2nd, but their gameplan of grinding out draws and wins will see them up there.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Handful of dons fans in Club after game, and they were raging at the way they played. Negative and came to kick us off the park.

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2018, 07:51 AM
I did hear them sing:”We are only sheep ****ging *******s.” So fair play they can laugh at themselves.

One Day
26-08-2018, 08:05 AM
Aberdeen make it difficult, so do Hearts, you know whats coming you have to find a way to beat it.

Said the same yesterday, Hearts will play the same, start planning now

Betty Boop
26-08-2018, 08:09 AM

Maybe you only hear what you want to hear.

Onion
26-08-2018, 08:12 AM

Shame on the the SFA, SPFL and officials for allowing these teams to get away with it. As long as success is achieved through kicking lumps out of the opposition and playing anti football, we'll never develop decent players and will continue to get found out in Europe.

Stokesy's on fire
26-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Their best one was when Hyndman came on and they started chanting “hun” at him, this coming from the fans who hurled abuse at our manager and have an ex hun as theirs😂

Yeah i had to laugh at that their manager is a died in the WOOL hun and didnt that useless lad Ball play for the Huns as well? It must be boring to play football for such a flat support every week.

Dom'sFirstTouch
26-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Was surprised by how defensively they played after they took the lead. They have decent attacking players but don't seem to want to use them.

For about 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half they had a bit of decent possession and I was concerned they were starting to dominate. Then they seemed to collectively decide that they wouldn't venture out of their half for the rest of the game. Would have been a travesty if they'd taken all 3 points.

weecounty hibby
26-08-2018, 11:54 AM
It was almost a total replay of the first game against them last year. Last year the scored just after 39 mins if I recall and then just sat back, hoofed Hibs all over the park and got away with a 1-0 win. Last year after they scored they had Rooney and May playing full back and dive defenders inside them. They really are horrible to watch.

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2018, 12:12 PM
It was almost a total replay of the first game against them last year. Last year the scored just after 39 mins if I recall and then just sat back, hoofed Hibs all over the park and got away with a 1-0 win. Last year after they scored they had Rooney and May playing full back and dive defenders inside them. They really are horrible to watch.

Only saw the game on the telly, but as you say it was practically a carbon copy of their 1 - 0 win at ER last season. Even when they were in their pomp Aberdeen were a bunch of dirty bassas, but now they are a bunch of dirty bassas without the flair of their bygone days. Its bad enough having one team like Hearts in the league without Aberdeen trying to be the same … thank **** we don't support either one, imagine paying good money to watch them play each other :no way:

Famous Fiver
26-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Brutal, anti football tactics.

Not much more to be said, really.

Geo_1875
26-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Missed the game yesterday but going on previous games they take a leaf out of Levein's book when coming to Easter Road. Foul , niggle, constant moaning to the ref. Keep the ball out of play as much as possible. They know they can't live with us at Easter Road so the dirty tricks come out. It's disappointing because they can be a decent team on their day.

BullsCloseHibs
26-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Missed the game yesterday but going on previous games they take a leaf out of Levein's book when coming to Easter Road. Foul , niggle, constant moaning to the ref. Keep the ball out of play as much as possible. They know they can't live with us at Easter Road so the dirty tricks come out. It's disappointing because they can be a decent team on their day.

All of the above was what Derek McInnes was like as a player. Funny that.....

whiskas
26-08-2018, 06:21 PM

To be fair McInnes probably produced the best bit of skill in the entire game

HibbyAndy
26-08-2018, 06:25 PM

:agree:

Another naismith constantly moaning in the refs ear , GMS And Shinnie are exactly the same , I think hibs have stole a march on Aberdeen this year and fully expect us to be above them come May

Glory Lurker
26-08-2018, 07:25 PM
Having a star on their badge for Cup Winners Cup is a bit lame. Having one for the Super Cup is totally lame.

PatHead
26-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Having a star on their badge for Cup Winners Cup is a bit lame. Having one for the Super Cup is totally lame.

Don’t think so, if Hibs had won them I would want them on my teams top. Especially when they are the only Scottish team who can do it.

Glory Lurker
26-08-2018, 07:36 PM
Don’t think so, if Hibs had won them I would want them on my teams top. Especially when they are the only Scottish team who can do it.

Does the Super Cup really count? In European terms it's the Dryburgh Cup?

Jones28
26-08-2018, 07:38 PM

They all count

JimBHibees
26-08-2018, 07:38 PM
A wee bit surprised their style of play hasn't been discussed it is horrific.

RyeSloan
26-08-2018, 08:50 PM
A wee bit surprised their style of play hasn't been discussed it is horrific.

It has in many posts and anyway calling it a ‘style’ is pushing it a bit is it not?!? [emoji23]

Aberdeen have been like this for pretty much all of the time super Derek has been in charge. Clearly a student of Levein and just as bloody brutal to watch.

PatHead
26-08-2018, 08:54 PM

If it was Hibs, I would be counting it. 😀

I'm Spartacus
26-08-2018, 09:24 PM
McInness is tactically inept, he always folds to SevCo, has the biggest budget outside the Ugly Sisters and seems only interested in blow drying his quiff.

Aberdeen should’ve taken the compo while they had the chance. SevCo dodged a bullet with that one IMO

SirDavidsNapper
27-08-2018, 05:33 AM
If Aberdeen didn't have McInnes they'd slip down the table rapidly. Say what you want about him but he's proved at this level with st Johnstone and Aberdeen he knows what he's doing.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-08-2018, 06:49 AM

We still talk about beating real Madrid in a friendly for God's sake.

They did it in a European final.

Never understood the stick some fans give them for that, it's just jealousy.

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 06:53 AM
It has in many posts and anyway calling it a ‘style’ is pushing it a bit is it not?!? [emoji23]

Aberdeen have been like this for pretty much all of the time super Derek has been in charge. Clearly a student of Levein and just as bloody brutal to watch.

I was thinking more widely than this forum :greengrin

Radio/TV etc, the where 2 players were booked for cattling Boyle should have been shown on the highlights to show what was happening.

RoslinInstHibby
27-08-2018, 06:55 AM

Don't mind the stars, fair play to them as if it were us, I would want them too. It's not like having 5 stars on the badge to celebrate 50 league titles that another team won....

GreenCastle
27-08-2018, 06:58 AM

Yup - while we want to be as free flowing as possible we need to find a way to match up against the physical nature of the yams and dons - mainly the derby at the Tiny Library as they will kick us off the park.

Ralphy C
27-08-2018, 07:19 AM

Think we got away with one there.

Michael
27-08-2018, 07:37 AM
If Aberdeen didn't have McInnes they'd slip down the table rapidly. Say what you want about him but he's proved at this level with st Johnstone and Aberdeen he knows what he's doing.

I agree. Folk seem to slate him for not setting his team up in a way that would allow us to beat them.

Pretty much every away team will be defensive at Easter Road .

SirDavidsNapper
27-08-2018, 09:09 AM
I agree. Folk seem to slate him for not setting his team up in a way that would allow us to beat them.

:agree: The onus is on us to break them down. They took the lead at a very difficult venue where Hibs hardly lose any games then sat back and played defensively. I don't really have a problem with it to be honest. They won't be the only team to do it.

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 11:41 AM

They were horrifically negative in the second half IMO, cant imagine many Dons fans were happy how they played in that period and they got exactly what they deserved with Hibs scoring late on.

Smartie
27-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Don't mind the stars, fair play to them as if it were us, I would want them too. It's not like having 5 stars on the badge to celebrate 50 league titles that another team won....

The European trophies are the achievements by other Scottish clubs that I admire the most, especially Aberdeen's.

Diclonius
27-08-2018, 11:48 AM

Aberdeen winning the CWC is the single biggest achievement of any Scottish team IMO, given resources.

SirDavidsNapper
27-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Can't stand Aberdeen but they're fully justified to have two stars on their crest. Arguably the biggest achievement ever by a Scottish club. The only club that has stars on their crest i find a bit cringy is Rangers. Hope Celtic pop another 6 on theirs when they get to 60 titles just to see the meltdown in Govan.

basehibby
27-08-2018, 01:51 PM
3 mins for the first aberdeen player down, 2 mins for the 2nd one, at least a min when SDG was down, 2 and half mins for subs = 8 and a half mins it should have been

This is a real bugbear of mine - as well as the obvious potential impact on the outcome of a game there is the small matter of robbing paying customers of the entertainment they have paid for.....

18,500 fans at ER on Sat - lets say they paid £20 each on average.

4 mins of missing time added on = 4.44% of the 90 mins

4.44% of £20 is 89p worth of football robbed from each fan

89p x 18,500 = £16,444 worth of entertainment stolen from the paying public at ER on Sat by incompetent officials. And this happens every week all over the country!

Since90+2
27-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Can't stand Aberdeen but they're fully justified to have two stars on their crest. Arguably the biggest achievement ever by a Scottish club. The only club that has stars on their crest i find a bit cringy is Rangers. Hope Celtic pop another 6 on theirs when they get to 60 titles just to see the meltdown in Govan.

Winning the cup winners cup and then a one off match is not as big as an achievement as winning the European cup. It's not even close.

Stokesy's on fire
27-08-2018, 01:56 PM

i always the the two stars on their shirt was in relation to their 2 star status. crap club

Stokesy's on fire
27-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Winning the cup winners cup and then a one off match is not as big as an achievement as winning the European cup. It's not even close.

practically a friendly that nobody cares about they are clutching at straws

ancient hibee
27-08-2018, 04:09 PM
practically a friendly that nobody cares about they are clutching at straws

rubbish-winning the cup winners cup was a great achievement.

bigwheel
27-08-2018, 06:04 PM
rubbish-winning the cup winners cup was a great achievement.

Think it was referring to the super cup (the second star) [emoji106]