PDA

View Full Version : Defending Corners

wookie70
25-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Has anyone got a clue what we are trying to achieve with the way we set up to defend corners and free kicks from a wide area. It looks like the plan is man for man barring leaving one of theirs free. A man near the posts and everyone get their fingers crossed We gets a head on it.

For weeks there have been men standing totally unmarked and it was a matter of time before it cost us a goal

Hibernian Verse
25-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Looks to me we match up 3 or 4 and the rest is totally zonal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:22 PM
We are still trying to get throw ins right, ones that dont go to an opposing player never mind corners, that one is for later once we crack how to take a shy.

Blaster
25-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Should ask efe to mark his man. Would help

wookie70
25-08-2018, 05:06 PM

That is the point. He looks like he hasn't got a man to mark but a zone. That is fine when everyone else has a man but we frequently allow the opposition to have one over and they can make their way to the back post and be in yards of space.

Onceinawhile
25-08-2018, 05:13 PM
It was ridiculous how much time and space may had at every set piece. That and how long it took our players to react to bogdan's save before the goal.

Allant1981
25-08-2018, 05:18 PM

i thought it was a very strange game from him today, he looked very subdued in the first half, he may have been told to stick to defending, was a bit different in the second half

weecounty hibby
25-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Every one of their corners today was hit long to the back post and May was unmarked for them all. We didn't learn from any of them and it cost us a goal

wookie70
25-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Every one of their corners today was hit long to the back post and May was unmarked for them all. We didn't learn from any of them and it cost us a goal
Anyone who has watched Hibs would have done this. We don't seek to defend the back post

SChibs
25-08-2018, 06:56 PM

To be fair I'd say Ambrose clear about 50% of the corners we concede. Imo he has been given the job to not Mark anyone but to attack the ball and clear it wherever it goes.

Brightside
25-08-2018, 07:01 PM

Lennon said after the game that we have been working on it... didnt look like that at all. All teams will now loop balls to the back post and look for knock down into the 6. very poor and needs fixed quickly