PDA

View Full Version : Players loyalty to the club

maturehibby
25-08-2018, 11:46 AM
After Lafatmee made his statement about wanting to end his career at Tynie
Then bolting several months later I got to thinking about player loyalty to one club and I could only think of two currently in Edinburgh and none of them are at Tynie
Easy guess who they are Lewis and Paul
How lucky we are to have kept these two for so long and the word Loyalty shines brightly from these two
Thanks boys

lord bunberry
25-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Then bolting several months later I got to thinking about player loyalty to one club and I could only think of two currently in Edinburgh and none of them are at Tynie
How lucky we are to have kept these two for so long and the word Loyalty shines brightly from these two
Thanks boys
I’m amazed no other club has tried to sign Hanlon for a decent fee. There was a journalist on twitter this week saying that Hanlon would be a better buy for Celtic than Souttar and the guy from Aberdeen.

Chic Murray
25-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Thanks boys

I would make Lewis man of the match, every week. He is so consistent.

SRHibs
25-08-2018, 11:53 AM
I do think that “loyalty” to Hibs has a couple of different of significant contributing factors. Not to say they are not vital cogs in our team, but both are unspectacular while being solid, and haven’t really caught the eye of any teams who would offer them a forwards step. We are, and pretty much have always been, their best option.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 11:56 AM
I think Aberdeen have enquiried about the availability of Hanlon on several occasions

Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson
Gray

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Hanlon may have intimated privately that he's not interested in a move.

Onceinawhile
25-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Aberdeen were after Hanlon for a bit were they not?

Ozyhibby
25-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Loyalty is over played.
Paul and Lewis have stayed at Hibs because contracts have been made available that suited them and their families. If more lucrative ones had became available elsewhere that suited their circumstances then they would have left.
Likewise, our loyalty to them extends only as long as they are performing on the pitch. The minute they are not the fans will be screaming for them to be moved on. And the club will do so as quickly as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maturehibby
25-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Both full Scottish internationalist

ancient hibee
25-08-2018, 12:13 PM
I’m amazed no other club has tried to sign Hanlon for a decent fee. There was a journalist on twitter this week saying that Hanlon would be a better buy for Celtic than Souttar and the guy from Aberdeen.
I’m amazed Celtic didn’t come after him at the beginning of last season when their weakness at centre half was already obvious.Having signed two youngsters not up to it they now want a third.

Centre Hawf
25-08-2018, 12:14 PM
I remember Stuart McCall on BT saying he was trying to sign Lewis Stevenson a couple of years ago when he had them finishing second, which says to me theres managers out there in Scotland that would love someone like him in their squad. So while no one was probably banging the door of RP or LD to pay money for him there was probably a list of missed calls from managers when it came time to get his contract renewed. Same goes for Hanlon with Aberdeen looking at him.

We're lucky to have had two guys stick by the club in such dire times, albeit they were part of they squads too but chose to help fix it, these two have seen it all and could easily have jumped ship at any point to forget about the situations. But they stuck at it and showed their character and have quite rightly so written themselves into the history of the club as true legends.

silverhibee
25-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Aberdeen & Fulham have both enquired about Hanlon in the past, I get the impression he is happy to stay close to home and be with his family and see out his time at Hibs.

Has been a great servant to the club along with Lewis.

heretoday
25-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Loyalty?

Show me the money!

Bostonhibby
25-08-2018, 08:30 PM
To be fair to big Kyle he maybe thought the stand was going to fall down so he might technically be able to say his career could have ended there.
Thanks boys

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
25-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Lewis and Paul are the epitomy of loyalty[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

MagicSwirlingShip
25-08-2018, 10:19 PM
I would make Lewis man of the match, every week. He is so consistent.

One of Hibs most underrated players. Ever.

dp00
25-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Always get the impression Lewis and Paul are both family men with young kids who like to stay out the limelight, both no doubt make a comfortable living and are happy to stay around cause it suits all parties

hibeg
25-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Both full Scottish internationalist

When did Paul Hanlon get a full cap ? I must have missed that.

hibbyfraelibby
26-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Thanks boys

I think Laughatme me will end his career at Tincastle...when one of Levein's thugs puts in one of those trademark career ending tackles they are schooled in.

lucky
26-08-2018, 08:26 AM
Stevenson rarely has a bad game and I like him a lot but I doubt he’d ever get a bigger club than Hibs wanting his services. Hanlon on the other hand always has a mistake in him which has probably stopped him moving on to the next level. As such I’m delighted that he’s a Hibs stalwart and could actually play for us for another five years

JK Rolling
26-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Loyalty is over played.
Paul and Lewis have stayed at Hibs because contracts have been made available that suited them and their families. If more lucrative ones had became available elsewhere that suited their circumstances then they would have left.
Likewise, our loyalty to them extends only as long as they are performing on the pitch. The minute they are not the fans will be screaming for them to be moved on. And the club will do so as quickly as possible.

Bang on the cash.:wink:

superfurryhibby
26-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Always get the impression Lewis and Paul are both family men with young kids who like to stay out the limelight, both no doubt make a comfortable living and are happy to stay around cause it suits all parties

I agree and would add that both firmly cemented as all time great Hibernians. Tremendous servants to the club and whilst neither are truly outstanding players, they give everything each time they play . Fantastic ambassadors for us and well respcted by the fans. All of that must be worth a fair bit when they have weighing up circumstances and signing long term deals.