PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

AugustaHibs
24-08-2018, 02:22 PM
I know this is a rumour and that we already have a transfer rumours thread. But I feel as this may be our last big rumour of the summer which will only gain traction over the next week I feel he should have his own thread.

Come home Scotty

calumhibee1
24-08-2018, 02:26 PM
#handitin

Heisenberg
24-08-2018, 02:31 PM
I want to see him reversing through balls to Kamberi and MacLaren again. For that reason alone, I’m in.

Bring him home.

#handitin

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-08-2018, 02:40 PM
We really need to get him in now. As usual not a peep from the club. Come on home Scotty!

jeffers
24-08-2018, 02:45 PM
We saw what he did in only half a season, imagine a whole season with us. Come back Scott, it will (very slightly) soften the blow of losing SJM.

keep the faith
24-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Agreed. Number one priority this window for us IMO.

#announceallan

Col2
24-08-2018, 02:51 PM
He is coming. I have no doubt. Hibs usually get a signing they really really want.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2018, 02:55 PM
We really need to get him in now. As usual not a peep from the club. Come on home Scotty!

What would you expect the club to say?

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2018, 02:56 PM
We really need to get him in now. As usual not a peep from the club. Come on home Scotty!What do you expect the club to say? It will be announced when it is official or it wont. Just like any club in the world.

yonder1875
24-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Even if we don’t sign him in this window, we’ll get him in January for nowt anyway.

CropleyWasGod
24-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Even if we don’t sign him in this window, we’ll get him in January for nowt anyway.

:rolleyes:

Alan62
24-08-2018, 02:58 PM

It's a disgrace that the Club hasn't said a word about this incomplete business. They should keep the fans up to date at every stage of every negotiation. Ridiculous behaviour. We're reduced to having to listen to all kinds of rumours while the Club quietly goes about its private business trying to secure the players that the manager wants. It's not fair. Neil Lennon should go round the doors of every Hibs fan in his spare time keeping them up to date with the ins and outs of sensitive contract details and possible deals. Just not good enough all this professionalism malarky. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
24-08-2018, 02:59 PM
He's only rotten away at Celtic so please come back to the Hibees.

#justsayyes

Keith_M
24-08-2018, 03:03 PM

:rolleyes:

I think he's deliberately adopting the 'Celtc View'.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-08-2018, 03:05 PM
It's a disgrace that the Club hasn't said a word about this incomplete business. They should keep the fans up to date at every stage of every negotiation. Ridiculous behaviour. We're reduced to having to listen to all kinds of rumours while the Club quietly goes about its private business trying to secure the players that the manager wants. It's not fair. Neil Lennon should go round the doors of every Hibs fan in his spare time keeping them up to date with the ins and outs of sensitive contract details and possible deals. Just not good enough all this professionalism malarky. :rolleyes:

Jeezo 😀

Hibby70
24-08-2018, 03:14 PM

Neil has just been to mine. Says your next on his list so hold tight.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2018, 03:18 PM
There's no future for him at the imitation greens. Get him signed; it's a win-win for everyone.

WoreTheGreen
24-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Just been to mine but I’am not in so l’am sure he will put a note through the letter box just like my lazy postie

murray26
24-08-2018, 03:20 PM
# icing on the cake.. come home Scotty..

Pagan Hibernia
24-08-2018, 03:23 PM
It’s just a crying shame we only got to enjoy that fabulous midfield trio for four precious months. What they could have achieved given a couple of years together we’ll never know but from February on we were in title winning form.

Scotty coming home would ease the heartache of losing the other two a wee bit

Famous Fiver
24-08-2018, 03:34 PM
I didn't check but I take it neither him or Christie were anywhere near their team on Thursday.

If he comes along the M8 let's hope there's room in the car for Christie too.

hughio
24-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Come on Scotty..feel the lurve,get playing and the money will follow.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2018, 03:56 PM
It’s just a crying shame we only got to enjoy that fabulous midfield trio for four precious months. What they could have achieved given a couple of years together we’ll never know but from February on we were in title winning form.

Scotty coming home would ease the heartache of losing the other two a wee bit

Fully agree with you, ER. It's another example of the football food chain, sadly. There was no way we could have kept McGinn, McGeouch and Allan together, given their form. Money talks, and we will always lose our stars to bigger fish; but it's a big blow to lose all three.

Smartie
24-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Scott Allan is one of my favourite ever Hibs players, and there have been times this season when we've looked like we were crying out for him.

But I just don't think he's top of the list of priorities, and I don't know how we'd use him, Hyndman and Mallan in the same team.

Our midfield seems weak and lacks mobility - I don't think he'd address those problems.

I suppose if we were to lose Slivka and Swanson then it might make more sense.

Jack Hackett
24-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Fully agree with you, ER. It's another example of the football food chain, sadly. There was no way we could have kept McGinn, McGeouch and Allan together, given their form. Money talks, and we will always lose our stars to bigger fish; but it's a big blow to lose all three.

At least we didn't lose them to rivals for pocket change or indeed, long term injury... that would have been an ever bigger blow.

ericd7
24-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Scott Allan is one of my favourite ever Hibs players, and there have been times this season when we've looked like we were crying out for him.

But I just don't think he's top of the list of priorities, and I don't know how we'd use him, Hyndman and Mallan in the same team.

Our midfield seems weak and lacks mobility - I don't think he'd address those problems.

Lenny did say in his interview the other day that he was looking to bring 1 or 2 more in and trim down the squad in some places too so I wouldn't be surprised if someone is on the way out in the midfield department.

GreenOnions
24-08-2018, 04:30 PM
I want to see him reversing through balls to Kamberi and MacLaren again. For that reason alone, I’m in.

Bring him home.

#handitin

I must say I'm not so interested in his driving skills :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2018, 04:34 PM
At least we didn't lose them to rivals for pocket change or indeed, long term injury... that would have been an ever bigger blow.

Who on earth are you referring to, Jack? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
24-08-2018, 04:48 PM

:faf:

we are hibs
24-08-2018, 05:17 PM

He would replace any of the midfielders you mentioned as he is better than them. Mallan and Allan with Milligan in behind them. Hyndman as back up with slivka and Bartley.

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2018, 05:18 PM
We can afford him. What's up Hibs? Get the finger out!

RIP
24-08-2018, 05:28 PM
We can afford him. What's up Hibs? Get the finger out!

Peter Lawwell said in Tamsons last week that after McGinn Hibs are getting nowt.

h185forever
24-08-2018, 05:29 PM
£150k ? :dunno:

h185forever
24-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Peter Lawwell said in Tamsons last week that after McGinn Hibs are getting nowt.

Where does he play ?

Jack Hackett
24-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Who on earth are you referring to, Jack? :greengrin

:dunno: Just saying likes :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Has he no signed yet? :dunno:

Get him announced!

:scarf:

Lancs Harp
24-08-2018, 05:49 PM
He's in my Hibs subbuteo thats taking on Aberdeen later tonight.:wink:

Mind you so is Pat Stanton, John McGinn, Lionel Messi and Roy Race.

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Peter Lawwell said in Tamsons last week that after McGinn Hibs are getting nowt.So, it WAS Lawwell i saw in the Spey Lounge last week. He was wasted, mumbling about how the length of the grass at Tynecastle whilst knocking back cheap whiskey. Outrageous behaviour!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
24-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Brooster said on one of the other threads that we put a bid in a couple of weeks ago, and talks are ongoing.

ancient hibee
24-08-2018, 05:51 PM

Has Roy suffered his unfortunate injury yet?

Sammy7nil
24-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Alex Salmond just said Allan is signing FACT so must be true :aok:

Lancs Harp
24-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Has Roy suffered his unfortunate injury yet?

The bostik will be on standby, as ever just in case. The Subbuteo equivalent of the magic sponge.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-08-2018, 05:56 PM
What a ***** thread.

hfc rd
24-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Alex Salmond just said Allan is signing FACT so must be true :aok:

He’s said a fair load of drivel recently especially this one:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/lifelong-hearts-fan-alex-salmond-11019287.amp

Onion
24-08-2018, 06:12 PM

Bring him home.

#handitin

Anatomical masterpiece that Festival goers would pay money to see 🤪

jacomo
24-08-2018, 06:25 PM
What a ***** thread.

TDD better cut it or I’m done with football.

Onceinawhile
24-08-2018, 07:17 PM

Two left footers up front???

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Two left footers up front???

But Scott Allan is a good Protestant. :agree:

jax67
24-08-2018, 07:25 PM

Three points it is then.

Joe6-2
24-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Jeezo 😀

I think he was joking!!

kaimendhibs
24-08-2018, 10:40 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
24-08-2018, 11:00 PM
The only person any non deal will truly effect is the player.

Alan62
25-08-2018, 12:12 AM

I'm disappointed to say that I missed him earlier. I was playing a gig at the Dockers. Ah well. He's left a wee note to say he'll be back round after the game on Saturday to chat through the club's plans for deadline day.

HoboHarry
25-08-2018, 12:15 AM
I'm disappointed to say that I missed him earlier. I was playing a gig at the Dockers. Ah well. He's left a wee note to say he'll be back round after the game on Saturday to chat through the club's plans for deadline day.
He's coming to my house after the game so you might have to be patient......

Alan62
25-08-2018, 12:27 AM
He's coming to my house after the game so you might have to be patient......

The Club really has to get the home visits sorted out. Just not good enough. Petrie! :fuming:

HoboHarry
25-08-2018, 12:28 AM
The Club really has to get the home visits sorted out. Just not good enough. Petrie! :fuming:
Oh come now, lets be fair. Easter Road to Texas on a pushbike with no brakes is a fair old slog.......

Haymaker
25-08-2018, 03:03 AM
Oh come now, lets be fair. Easter Road to Texas on a pushbike with no brakes is a fair old slog.......

So long as he visits me on the way!!

HoboHarry
25-08-2018, 03:17 AM
So long as he visits me on the way!!
No-one in their right mind visits New Jersey......:greengrin

houstonhibbee
25-08-2018, 04:36 AM
Skating on very thin ice there:agree:

Haymaker
25-08-2018, 02:15 PM

Eh oh whaddya talkin' about? Best pizza in the country.

HoboHarry
25-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Eh oh whaddya talkin' about? Best pizza in the country.
Aye, if you don't get killed driving there. Not quite as bad as New York but what a place.......:greengrin

Haymaker
25-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Aye, if you don't get killed driving there. Not quite as bad as New York but what a place.......:greengrin

Just don't cut up on the road anyone with an Italian last name and you're fine!

HoboHarry
25-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Just don't cut up on the road anyone with an Italian last name and you're fine!
Lunatic driving in New Jersey (not to mention only 30% of the street signs being in place) or everyone owning guns in Texas? What to choose? Yep...... Texas for me.....:greengrin

Haymaker
25-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Lunatic driving in New Jersey (not to mention only 30% of the street signs being in place) or everyone owning guns in Texas? What to choose? Yep...... Texas for me.....:greengrin

Yes, Jersey people cannot drive that's true. The GSP on a Friday in the summer is truly a lottery.

And there's also a lot of guns here too... But the pizza and Taylor Ham is worth the risk!

IWasThere2016
25-08-2018, 02:55 PM

Means heehaw. SJM was in Brenda's hoose in March and that didnae work oot for the Biscuit Tims