PDA

View Full Version : Osman Sow

Cletus
23-08-2018, 09:28 PM
The Jambo faithful getting their cheapies over the potential signing of somebody not considered good enough for Division 4 (league 2 to the youngsters). Oh how the mighty have fallen. Billy from Broomhouse no doubt delighted to see how his £51 a month is being spent. A pathetic football club.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 09:29 PM
The Jambo faithful getting their cheapies over the potential signing of somebody not considered good enough for Division 4 (league 2 to the youngsters). Oh how the mighty have fallen. Billy from Broomhouse no doubt delighted to see how his £51 a month is being spent. A pathetic football club.

Keep up lad, been discussed on 2 other threads, the transfer thread and the thread about hearts selling lafferty the der hun.

Cletus
23-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Keep up lad, been discussed on 2 other threads, the transfer thread and the thread about hearts selling lafferty the der hun.

Don’t always have the time to trawl through multiple threads, sadly.

macca70
24-08-2018, 04:02 AM
9 goals in 60 appearances since leaving Hearts!!

Since leaving hearts:
30 appearances in China - 4 goals
11 appearances in UAE - 3 goals
19 appearances MK Dons - 2 goals

Not played yet this season as injured.

California-Hibs
24-08-2018, 07:25 AM

Since leaving hearts:

Wonderful 😂 I thought he was bang average when he was at the Jambos anyway.

allezsauzee
24-08-2018, 07:33 AM
He might be 6 foot 4 but Osman Slow will still fit snugly in Big Daz's back pocket

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2018, 07:42 AM
He might be 6 foot 4 but Osman Slow will still fit snugly in Big Daz's back pocket

6'4? Imagine how tall he'd be if he had a neck. I usually judge Hearts on what players of theirs would get in Hibs team. Far too early to say at the moment but at a push id say Berra or Naismith based on last season. Would Sow oust a fit Kamberi or Maclaren? I don't think he'd even replace Shaw to be honest. Hearts have so many new players they're an unknown at the moment. Once teams figure them out they'll be mid table at best.

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Since leaving hearts:

What a return that is! Yikes, I'm terrified 😰!

sauzee=legend
24-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Neck this out 😉😂......

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/osman-sow-s-return-to-hearts-hanging-in-the-balance-1-4789589

Greentinted
24-08-2018, 05:48 PM
I have relatives in Milton Keynes who pop along to watch the Dons and say he has underwhelmed on the rare occasions he has appeared and is currently knackered with some serious leg injury.
Am not gratuitously knocking our neighbours but surely any competent professional outfit would have known this before having him in for a medical. Panic buying or downright stupidity - either way it doesn’t ring right.

Kato
24-08-2018, 05:50 PM
6'4? Imagine how tall he'd be if he had a neck. I usually judge Hearts on what players of theirs would get in Hibs team. Far too early to say at the moment but at a push id say Berra or Naismith based on last season. Would Sow oust a fit Kamberi or Maclaren? I don't think he'd even replace Shaw to be honest. Hearts have so many new players they're an unknown at the moment. Once teams figure them out they'll be mid table at best.

What's to figure out? On the ball they try to be a battering ram and off it anything goes. Rough and snidey.

Waxy
24-08-2018, 07:43 PM
And didnt he play in the championship the last time he was with them?

Ryan69
24-08-2018, 08:13 PM
I have relatives in Milton Keynes who pop along to watch the Dons and say he has underwhelmed on the rare occasions he has appeared and is currently knackered with some serious leg injury.
Am not gratuitously knocking our neighbours but surely any competent professional outfit would have known this before having him in for a medical. Panic buying or downright stupidity - either way it doesn’t ring right.

Im still trying to understand how someone with a leg injury manages to pass a medical?

Bostonhibby
24-08-2018, 08:19 PM
They certainly ain't looking forward however they dress this one up.

It's down to Hibs to keep signing quality not quantity and not picking up deadbeats or never weres as a reaction-for example to unexpectedly losing big kyle.

The future's green and white

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

macca70
25-08-2018, 05:52 AM
Im still trying to understand how someone with a leg injury manages to pass a medical?

I don’t think he has. I believe he has failed his medical hence no scarf above the head unveiling.

Sir David Gray
25-08-2018, 06:24 AM
And didnt he play in the championship the last time he was with them?

He played for them for two seasons. The first season, they were in the Championship and then they got promoted and he played a season in the Premiership.

His goalscoring record in both seasons was almost identical.

heretoday
25-08-2018, 06:35 AM
Big deal.

LancsHibs
25-08-2018, 06:51 AM
So they are replacing Kyle Lafferty with Osman Sow😂😂 Well that makes them a weaker prospect. Much as I dislike KL he is a decent player, Sow on the other hand!!!

bingo70
25-08-2018, 07:01 AM
So they are replacing Kyle Lafferty with Osman Sow😂😂 Well that makes them a weaker prospect. Much as I dislike KL he is a decent player, Sow on the other hand!!!

EEN saying the deal could be falling through.

3pm
25-08-2018, 07:02 AM
EEN saying the deal could be falling through.

Because he’s pish?

Phil MaGlass
25-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Looks to me that they have no money for players and its all goin toward the stand, they make it look like they r tryin to find a striker to appease the fans, then turn roond and say well we tried. They must have known the lad was injured

green day
25-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Looks to me that they have no money for players and its all goin toward the stand, they make it look like they r tryin to find a striker to appease the fans, then turn roond and say well we tried. They must have known the lad was injured

According to MK Dons fans forum he's been injured for ages. Although a player can pass a medical when injured, it all seems a bit odd.

SRHibs
25-08-2018, 08:00 AM

I highly doubt this.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2018, 08:12 AM
According to MK Dons fans forum he's been injured for ages. Although a player can pass a medical when injured, it all seems a bit odd.

Odd sums up Hearts perfectly

allezsauzee
25-08-2018, 08:27 AM
They certainly ain't looking forward however they dress this one up.

It's down to Hibs to keep signing quality not quantity and not picking up deadbeats or never weres as a reaction-for example to unexpectedly losing big kyle.

The future's green and white

Unexpectedly? I'd say Lafferty to Rangers is most predictable transfer of the year. This is why they've been loading up on centre forwards. The cynic in me thinks that they are only making a half hearted attempt to sign a former fans favourite to soothe the Yam seethe and to pretend that they weren't planning on selling Lafferty all along. He's bang average at best anyway

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 08:29 AM

If it was a short term muscular injury then think they could easily pass a medical if he was to be fit in say 3 weeks when window shut.

Keyser Sauzee
25-08-2018, 08:32 AM
so has he failed the medical?

Bostonhibby
25-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Unexpectedly? I'd say Lafferty to Rangers is most predictable transfer of the year. This is why they've been loading up on centre forwards. The cynic in me thinks that they are only making a half hearted attempt to sign a former fans favourite to soothe the Yam seethe and to pretend that they weren't planning on selling Lafferty all along. He's bang average at best anyway

Sarcasm on my part. And I agree with you.

allezsauzee
25-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Sarcasm on my part. And I agree with you.

Ah maybe too early in the morning for my sarcasm detector :greengrin

Bostonhibby
25-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Ah maybe too early in the morning for my sarcasm detector :greengrinThe beerfestival I was on yesterday means I'm guessing I was being sarcastic[emoji6][emoji481]

Lemonade
25-08-2018, 11:05 AM
I'm sure I remember the Butcher trying to sign him for Hibs.

Chip shop Joe
25-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Whilst he is definitely a step down from Lafferty I certainly don’t remember him as being “pish” sure he had a pretty decent scoring record before he left.

Diclonius
25-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Mind when we all said Kyle Lafferty was pish?

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2018, 12:42 PM

He’s never been pish, his ability has never been in doubt and those who said he was were just looking through green tinted glasses. He’s the type of character that opposition fans love to hate.

hfc rd
25-08-2018, 12:48 PM
He’s never been pish, his ability has never been in doubt and those who said he was were just looking through green tinted glasses. He’s the type of character that opposition fans love to hate.

Exactly. I can’t stand him but that doesn’t mean he’s pish.

LancsHibs
25-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Not sure this was the case, they signed Lafferty just before we signed Stokes, and we were supposedly interested in KL but he snubbed us, didn’t he not turn up at ER leaving his agent hanging? Think it was more the case that fans were saying we had made the better signing in AS, sadly wasn’t the case!

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 11:53 PM
so has he failed the medical?

Yes.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2018, 11:53 PM
Whilst he is definitely a step down from Lafferty I certainly don’t remember him as being “pish” sure he had a pretty decent scoring record before he left.

In the championship.

SChibs
26-08-2018, 08:32 AM
In the championship.

11 in 22 in the Championship.
9 in 23 in the Premiership.

BullsCloseHibs
26-08-2018, 09:26 AM
I see they are about to re sign Demitri on loan again and another defender and Sow. They must have some amount of cash. Their wage bill will be enormous now.

Keith_M
26-08-2018, 09:39 AM

That sounds like a decent return to me.

Diclonius
26-08-2018, 09:45 AM
I see they are about to re sign Demitri on loan again and another defender and Sow. They must have some amount of cash. Their wage bill will be enormous now.

Where is this money coming from?

CraigHibee
26-08-2018, 10:38 AM

i'm sure the money they got from lafferty will likely subsidise that

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Where is this money coming from?They've just saved a huge wedge on Laughatmes wages remember

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
26-08-2018, 02:11 PM

Never heard of him sounds like a jambo though, so have no further interest, they are Irrelevant.

Chorley Hibee
26-08-2018, 02:15 PM

We were told in the Summer that Levein would have to trim the size of the squad, but it has actually grown!

I'd love to know where the money is coming from too, especially as they seem to be spending a lot more than we currently are.

where'stheslope
26-08-2018, 02:18 PM
We were told in the Summer that Levein would have to trim the size of the squad, but it has actually grown!

I'd love to know where the money is coming from too, especially as they seem to be spending a lot more than we currently are.

I think your reasoning is why they went "BOOM"!!!!!

danhibees1875
26-08-2018, 02:20 PM

FoH money presumably.

We're not exactly penny pinching at the moment either I don't think.

04Sauzee
26-08-2018, 02:41 PM

Jamie Maclaren has 9 in 18 according to Wikipedia.

Famous Fiver
26-08-2018, 03:32 PM
I won't hear a word against Mr Lafferty.

He has 21.05.2016 tattooed prominently on his left hand.

Hibs legend!!!!

Joe6-2
26-08-2018, 03:37 PM
I think your reasoning is why they went "BOOM"!!!!!

Can only hope they go “BOOM” again!

mayo hibee
26-08-2018, 03:54 PM

Have they paid any transfer fees for players? We've paid fees for at least three players and Milligan/Maclaren won't have come cheap in terms of wages.

Zazu62
26-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Have they paid any transfer fees for players? We've paid fees for at least three players and Milligan/Maclaren won't have come cheap in terms of wages.

Spent money on Lee i think

BullsCloseHibs
26-08-2018, 04:25 PM

Money I'll bet the 300 creditors wish they could get their hands on!