PDA

View Full Version : Team v aberdeen

houstonhibbee
23-08-2018, 05:42 AM
Apologies if there’s already a thread for this, didn’t see one

milligan doesn’t have a visa and Bartley and Murray are injured so no one to play defensive mid?

could try efe there maybe?

id go 4 - 1 - 3 - 2

Bogdan

gray porteous Hanlon stevenson

Ambrose
boyle. Mallon. Horgan

Mclaren. Kamberi or Shaw if not fit

EH54
23-08-2018, 05:50 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Whittaker
Swanson

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

kaimendhibs
23-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Is daz still injured? If not he has to start surely? Porto great but Daz still first pick

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

we are hibs
23-08-2018, 06:21 AM
I can't believe after the desperation from some to get maclaren back that they don't want to start him and kamberi upfront despite the face they both know each other's game and play significantly better together as a pairing. Especially in a game like this which would put down an early marker to one of our rivals.

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Milligan (work permit dependant?)
Hyndman
Stevenson

Kamberi
Maclaren

Although 4-4-2 we could go

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberib

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-08-2018, 06:24 AM
McLaren and Kamberi up front is our best option.

huggie1875
23-08-2018, 06:25 AM
i'd be gobsmacked if Milligan started

B.H.F.C
23-08-2018, 06:30 AM
i'd be gobsmacked if Milligan started

If his work permit is through he has to start. Even if we only get an hour out of him, we are so short in that part of the pitch he needs to play IMO.

3pm
23-08-2018, 06:30 AM
If his work permit is through he has to start. Even if we only get an hour out of him, we are so short in that part of the pitch he needs to play IMO.

Agreed.

K.Marx
23-08-2018, 06:35 AM
It milligans permit isn’t through I think we’re bound to start with Whittaker in that deeper role. With Bartley being out I don’t think there’s anyone else capable

J-C
23-08-2018, 06:39 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi

B.H.F.C
23-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi

That might not be too far away from the team we see.

Horgan probably played himself in.

Ambrose will play though. And if Milligan isn’t available then I think Whittaker will play as well.

frazeHFC
23-08-2018, 06:49 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi

Like the look of that.

ian cruise
23-08-2018, 07:14 AM
I can't believe after the desperation from some to get maclaren back that they don't want to start him and kamberi upfront despite the face they both know each other's game and play significantly better together as a pairing. Especially in a game like this which would put down an early marker to one of our rivals.

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Milligan (work permit dependant?)
Hyndman
Stevenson

Kamberi
Maclaren

Although 4-4-2 we could go

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberib

I agree and I'd have both in my starting line up. I think what you'll fine isn't necessarily a criticism of MacLaren but folk trying to fit Boyle and Gray in as well as MacLaren. Last season we didn't have any choice down the right so it was easy, Boyle wb, MacLaren upfront but now if you play Gray (who has reminded us all just how valuable he is to have in the team both due to his ability as well as leadership) then you need to lose Boyle's speed on the right or MacLaren upfront.

I'd go without Boyle initially and see how the game is going before looking to change things up and bring him on.

Bogdan

Hanlon
McGregor (if fit, if not Porteous)
Ambrose

Stevenson
Gray

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Kamberi
MacLaren

Bench
Laidlaw
Porteous (assuming Daz, fit)
Whittaker
Boyle
Horgan
Shaw

I've assumed Milligan and Agyepong wouldn't play as they've not spent that long with the team so far, this is a big game to show intent and get supporters, who have got a little restless, back on track. Started with familiar faces and tactics but plenty options to change it up.

adhibs
23-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi

That for me too. Although McGregor comes in if fit.

eastcoasthibby
23-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know if Agyepong was training and with the team for all of the time since we signed him ? If he has been, there shouldn't be any issues with him knowing theplayers, how people play and be in a place to get playing.

Not In The Know
23-08-2018, 08:35 AM
Any official news with Milligans Visa?

Speedway
23-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Daz is expected to be out for another three weeks yet.

jeffers
23-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Daz is expected to be out for another three weeks yet.

Big loss imo. Porteous has done well and looks to be a player, but we look more solid defensively when DM is playing.

eastcoasthibby
23-08-2018, 08:51 AM
4-4-2 would probably be the right way to.go, but I just dont think we have the right personnel to do it, we need to play Mallan so it leaves whittaker or slivka in there, can either be the mobile ball winning break up player we need ? With Boyle and Horgan, providing the service for JMc and Kamberi, also the forward threat needed to push Aberdeen back ... a back four is solid as long as they don't sit to deep, blend in central midfield is the key ! To play this system.
3 -5 - 2 ...has worked well, but it feels like we are trying to shoe horn players into a formation ..who are not up to speed and leaving.a couple out who are in form ...
3 at the back with Boyle WB concerns me as it will too often leave Efe to contend with McKay -Stevens and thats an unpredictable one that can be very dangerous to us !! Overall 3-5-2 should give us more central capacity to play but not ideal ...imo
Look forward.to see what NL comes.up with for this one as qe are a team in development still 😁with lots attacking.ability but our problem is sorting out how to defend much better. ...if we cut out the stupid errors and complacency, we have as much fire power upfront as anyone in this league....

Unseen work
23-08-2018, 08:59 AM
.............Bogdan............

Gray.....Efe....Hanlon....Stevenson...

.....Mallan....Whittikar/Martin...Slivka......

Boyle............................................H organ

......................Kamberi.......

Need numbers in midfield against Aberdeen as they’re a big physical side who will try dominate us. Wouldn’t be comfortable playing 352 with the form Mackay Steven is on and Gray has been brilliant.

J-C
23-08-2018, 09:12 AM
.............Bogdan............

Gray.....Efe....Porteous/Daz....Hanlon...

.....Mallan....Whittikar/Martin...Slivka......

Boyle............................................H organ

......................Kamberi.......

Need numbers in midfield against Aberdeen as they’re a big physical side who will try dominate us. Wouldn’t be comfortable playing 352 with the form Mackay Steven is on and Gray has been brilliant.

No Stevenson?? one of the steadiest players in the team

hfc rd
23-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Whittaker
Swanson

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

You’re crazy thinking Swanson is going to start when he’s hardly played at all? Will be lucky to see him come off the bench.

Unseen work
23-08-2018, 09:37 AM
No Stevenson?? one of the steadiest players in the team

Whoops!! Forgot him cause initially I was going to pick 352!

Back 4 for me should be

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

J-C
23-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Whoops!! Forgot him cause initially I was going to pick 352!

Back 4 for me should be

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

:aok:

Souter96Mac
23-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Bogdan
Efe Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Hyndman Milligan Mallan Stevenson
McLaren Kamberi

If Milligan isn't available, then would put Whittaker in. Harsh leaving gray out I know, but in the 2-0 game last season against Aberdeen, Boyle did well to pin back Mackay-stevens.

Smartie
23-08-2018, 10:16 AM
I think we're going to be destroyed by Aberdeen.

We're far too light in the middle of the park, and I can't see us picking a team that doesn't have Efe Ambrose in it - they'll target him and cause all sorts of bother.

We're going to need David Gray to be on his game to save us from a hiding down that side.

We desperately need Bartley back and for Milligan to make an impact.

It all depends on whether or not Aberdeen want to attack and play football or whether they try to nick one and defend or go into full blown Sevco surrender mode.

I do think we have a fair bit of quality in the final third now though.

Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

SirDavidsNapper
23-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Whittaker
Swanson

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

Theres more chance of me starting than Swanson

Ronniekirk
23-08-2018, 12:33 PM
I think we're going to be destroyed by Aberdeen.

We're far too light in the middle of the park, and I can't see us picking a team that doesn't have Efe Ambrose in it - they'll target him and cause all sorts of bother.

We're going to need David Gray to be on his game to save us from a hiding down that side.

We desperately need Bartley back and for Milligan to make an impact.

It all depends on whether or not Aberdeen want to attack and play football or whether they try to nick one and defend or go into full blown Sevco surrender mode.

I do think we have a fair bit of quality in the final third now though.

Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

Bartley out till possibly October and Daz till International Bresk in September So Physical Presence missing Milligan I would assume even if Visa is through may need a week or so to Train with Team and stay to get himself fit as he will have had time off after the Wirld Cup
Big test of the Squad this game as Aberdeen are weakened from last Season imo ,so I would have expected to beat them at home . However with Kamberi not 100%, and Mclaren looking off the pace ,it makes the task more difficult .Hopefully after a weeks rest and Training both are raring to go

Inconsequential
23-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Bogdan, Gray, Porteous, Hanlon, Ambrose, Stevenson, Boyle, Mallan, Sodje, McLaren, Horgan.