PDA

View Full Version : Great Things About Hibs

hibbie02
22-08-2018, 01:31 PM
I am sick of all the petty gripe, moans and general mumpiness on here. Barely a thread goes by but an argument starts, negativity rises and players get shot down.

Let's have one thread at least where positivity reigns and we all look forward to being a Hi-bee.

Admins, please feel free to empty any negative comments.

50 Years a Hibee, raised in Windsor Street, within the ROAR of Easter Road. Sorry to lose a couple of great legends this season but the Club is bigger than a couple of players. Plenty of new talent to come in and take us forward. There will be ups and downs, but We Are Hibernian FC! Behind the squad and manager 100%.

Guess that makes me a a Happy Clapper! :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Juniper Greens
22-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Leaving it until 90+2 to score the winner!

Doh Rae Me
22-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Neil Lennon

Spike Mandela
22-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Leaving it until 90+2 to score the winner!

Neil Lennon

End the thread here.:flag::thumbsup:

jodjam
22-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Heading from the town towards ER and seeing the stadium. Still puts a wee spring in my legs

Dan Sarf
Hibs net

tartanhibee
Giving me the opportunity to spend time with my son and friends.

21/05/16

09/03/18 the first time I sat/stood with my son together as we beat hearts.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2018, 01:51 PM
We're the 'cool' club in a 2 team city. A lot of cities have such a phenomenon.

You'd struggle to make Hearts interesting enough to become a significant minor 'character' in various aspects of pop culture. They couldn't take a song that could perhaps be described as kitsch and turn it into an iconic football anthem. We're like the eccentric uncle of football teams whilst Hearts are the stern, overbearing and uninteresting Father.

Oh and despite all the issues listed in the OP we have one of the best fans forums in the country.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2018, 01:51 PM
You can’t beat being at ER at 3pm on a Saturday

SideBurns
22-08-2018, 01:52 PM
When I was a bairn at school I used to spend the weekdays counting down until I could see the Hibs again.

I'm 47 on Friday, and that excitement has returned in recent years. I wake on a Saturday when Hibs are at home and cannae wait to get to ER (admittedly via Robbie's Bar 😁); the thrill of walking along Albion Road as the ground gets closer is still there. Love the Hibs.

Tug Wilson
22-08-2018, 02:07 PM
The most positive thing has been the rebirth of Hibernian Football Club.

Since we were relegated there has been a complete overhaul of the club which has reconnected the whole club. The players, the management and the fans are all as one.

You see so many people proudly wearing Hibs merchandise around town now because this club is worth supporting. You especially see youngsters wearing kit which shows that a new generation is being created.

Everything that the club is doing is progressive and innovative with definitive planning and goals. Or put another way, the club is run proper like.

We play an exciting brand of football which draws the punters in, attracts good players and has the pundits singing our praises.

Good times.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Hibs net

Na you want the other thread pal!

:wink::greengrin

MyJo
22-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Sunshine on Leith after a cup win.

And the fact that no other team could even think about stealing it and try and claim it as their own (yes I'm looking at you Celtic)

Dan Sarf
22-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Na you want the other thread pal!

:wink::greengrin

Which one? Pet Peeves?

:greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
22-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Which one? Pet Peeves?

:greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?333429-Petty-Gripes-about-the-club-as-at-22nd-August-2018&p=5525718#post5525718

Vault Boy
22-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Easter Road under the floodlights, followed by a rendition of SOL.

Very few things in life beat that feeling.

cmcd
22-08-2018, 04:26 PM
I am sick of all the petty gripe, moans and general mumpiness on here. Barely a thread goes by but an argument starts, negativity rises and players get shot down.

Let's have one thread at least where positivity reigns and we all look forward to being a Hi-bee.

Admins, please feel free to empty any negative comments.

50 Years a Hibee, raised in Windsor Street, within the ROAR of Easter Road. Sorry to lose a couple of great legends this season but the Club is bigger than a couple of players. Plenty of new talent to come in and take us forward. There will be ups and downs, but We Are Hibernian FC! Behind the squad and manager 100%.

Guess that makes me a a Happy Clapper! :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Well said Sir

Greentinted
22-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Heading from the town towards ER and seeing the stadium. Still puts a wee spring in my legs

In a similar vein, walking up the Radical Road from the Palace end on a bright day and watching the stadium slowly emerge into prominence to dominate the cityscape to the east. Beautiful.

22-08-2018, 04:44 PM
34 goals scored in the last 12 competitive games.

Pagan Hibernia
22-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Gulls. I love em

Pagan Hibernia
22-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Also, the view of Arthur’s Seat peeking over the top of the south stand from FF upper. Majestic.

Orchard_Hibs
22-08-2018, 04:54 PM
We're the 'cool' club in a 2 team city. A lot of cities have such a phenomenon.

You'd struggle to make Hearts interesting enough to become a significant minor 'character' in various aspects of pop culture. They couldn't take a song that could perhaps be described as kitsch and turn it into an iconic football anthem. We're like the eccentric uncle of football teams whilst Hearts are the stern, overbearing and uninteresting Father.

Oh and despite all the issues listed in the OP we have one of the best fans forums in the country.

Exactly! Can I add hearts are like missionary with the lights off, dull boring predictable. Hibs are an orgy, some times great some times leave you in the corner crying, never boring.

Gloucester Hibs
22-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Another one for the rebirth of Hibernian.

Seeing plenty guys who swore they’d never be back after 2012/relegation/“until Petrie’s gone” back at Easter Road with season tickets.

Seeing a sold out (home end anyway) Easter Road most weeks.

Having faith in the club’s structure and custodians again.

matty_f
22-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Singing Section displays are ace, and the matches to Tiny look brilliant as well.

We are an excellent example of a community club, with brilliant support for overweight fans, mental health, the Scottish Cup tie, Kicks 4 Kids, the Community Foundation etc

We have a first class women's team.

The first team is in great shape with some cracking players.

Lennon.

Easter Road is a terrific stadium.

Biggest crowds in the city.

21.05.16 and all that followed.

The world's best football anthem.

Leeann Dempster.

Working Together.

Entertaining, attacking football.

Cool strips.

Sweet Left Peg
22-08-2018, 05:37 PM
The word "Hibs" feels like being cuddled by a very soft and warm thing.

3pm
22-08-2018, 05:40 PM
You can’t beat being at ER with 3pm on a Saturday

Gave that a quick change Bill.

chrisski33
22-08-2018, 05:48 PM
The Stadium and Hibs class
:thumbsup::thumbsup::agree:

Tom Hart RIP
22-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Memories of the Tornadoes. Best brand of football the world’s ever seen.

The Harp Awakes
22-08-2018, 05:52 PM
First to wear the Green.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Gave that a quick change Bill.

Ha ha

Lago
22-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Me too.
Privileged to have watch Pat Stanton in his prime.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 06:12 PM
I've been football mad virtually since the day I was born, Im 54 years old but have never witnessed or experienced anything like a certain day in May 2016.

Will go to the grave as one of the my greatest experiences in my life let alone sport.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2018, 06:26 PM
:top marks

‘I don’t think we will ever see their like again! An absolute joy and pleasure to watch. A well drilled green machine!

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class!

:not worth

celthedd1
22-08-2018, 06:27 PM
I've been football mad virtually since the day I was born, Im 54 years old but have never witnessed or experienced anything like a certain day in May 2016.

Will go to the grave as one of the my greatest experiences in my life let alone sport.
A great excuse to visit Scotland and combine matches and hiking, next outing the Great Glen Way, Celtic away Oct 20 and whichever game on weekend Oct 27,Hampden hopefully.

wandering_hibee
22-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Great stadium which has good views from every seat.

Providing me with two of the best days in my life, 1/1/73 and 21/5/16

Generally being an attractive team during all the years that I have watched them, 1962 onwards.

Giving me a feeling of pride to say that I am a Hibs supporter.

O'Rourke3
22-08-2018, 07:29 PM
That they are Hibs.
Being a Hibs supporter.
Our colours occur in nature.

MagicSwirlingShip
22-08-2018, 07:32 PM
Green & White strips. A thing of beauty

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Forgive me for sounding a tad dramatic, but I honestly believe Hibernian FC has saved my life on numerous occasions, and may yet do so again.

As a manic depressive, who suffers from a severe eating disorder, these past 20 years has been an endless path of despair and pitfalls upon which I have frequently lost the will to live. On various occasions I have considered suicide, and only the love and understanding of a select few people, and my passion for all things Hibernian FC, has rescued me from that dark place.

In that time my illness has cost me friends, family, relationships, a career and more. Throughout all those times Hibernian FC has been the one constant companion which I could rely upon.

On at least two occasions genuine attempts to end my life were only just thwarted, but thankfully Hibs has given me a refuge from my daily troubles/battles, and a sense of belonging and love that I have frequently lived without.

For me, a walk to Easter Road not only feels like a journey home, but also a momentary escape from my mind and the war I wage with myself daily.

For that I shall always remain eternally grateful.

bigwheel
22-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Forgive me for sounding a tad dramatic, but I honestly believe Hibernian FC has saved my life on numerous occasions, and may yet do again.

As a manic depressive, who suffers from a severe eating disorder, these past 20 years has been an endless path of despair and pitfalls upon which I have frequently lost the will to live. On various occasions I have considered suicide, and only the love and understanding of a select few, and Hibernian FC, have rescued me from that precipice.

In that time my illness has cost me friends, family, relationships, a career and more. Throughout all those times Hibernian FC has been a constant companion upon which I could rely.

On at least two occasions genuine attempts to end my life were only just thwarted, but thankfully having Hibs has given me a refuge from my daily troubles and battles, and a sense of belonging and love that I have frequently been without.

For me, a walk to Easter Road always feels like a journey home, but equally it can feel like a momentary escape from my mind, and the war I wage with myself daily.

CH, it must be so hard fighting those battles...good on you for continue to work through them...delighted that our club can occasionally take you to happier places....puts most things in perspective...wish you all the strength in the world..and a few last minute winners [emoji106][emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibbie02
22-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Feeling the love here!

Special mention to Sir Patrick of Stanton, who thrilled me watching the Tornadoes and whom I have had the pleasure of meeting many times, sometimes by sheer chance. I was fortunate to grow up watching the Tornadoes and have never had that buzz again until recently. What a time to be a Hibbie!

AZhibee
22-08-2018, 09:37 PM
The color Green.

BILLYHIBS
The amount of surprisingly good genuine non sectarian football songs we have.From Hibee Hibernian, HIBS heroes, Turnbulls Tornadoes, HIBS for the Cup and SOL. I cried at Hampden when Hector Nicol sang “and now we’ve got a younger team ah dinnae want to brag ah only want to say THE SCOTTISH CUP IS IN THE BAG!”

Nevi_SOL
Your 5 year old asking how many sleeps to the Hibs game on a Saturday night

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2018, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;5526113]CH, it must be so hard fighting those battles...good on you for continue to work through them...delighted that our club can occasionally take you to happier places....puts most things in perspective...wish you all the strength in the world..and a few last minute winners [emoji106][emoji120]

Thanks mate, it is much appreciated.

I didn't wish to sound self-indulgent, but I hoped to convey that the game of football (in our case Hibs) stretches beyond the confines of Easter Road and the 90 minutes on Saturday, but deep into the very fibre of who many of us are.

At times they have been all I had to keep me going - how grateful I am that they continue to be here for me now.

Smartie
22-08-2018, 09:51 PM
The amount of surprisingly good genuine non sectarian football songs we have.From Hibee Hibernian, HIBS heroes, Turnbulls Tornadoes, HIBS for the Cup and SOL. I cried at Hampden when Hector Nicol sang “and now we’ve got a younger team ah dinnae want to brag ah only want to say THE SCOTTISH CUP IS IN THE BAG!”

That was one of the best moments of the whole day.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;5526113]CH, it must be so hard fighting those battles...good on you for continue to work through them...delighted that our club can occasionally take you to happier places....puts most things in perspective...wish you all the strength in the world..and a few last minute winners [emoji106][emoji120]

Thanks mate, it is much appreciated.

I didn't wish to sound self-indulgent, but I hoped to convey that the game of football (in our case Hibs) stretches beyond the confines of Easter Road and the 90 minutes on Saturday, but deep into the very fibre of who many of us are.

At times they have been all I had to keep me going - how grateful I am that they continue to be here for me now.

Top post fella.

One Day Soon
22-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Everything....but especially 21 May 2016.

rcarter1
22-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Everything about the club is in good hands. Proper club, proper support.

:flag::flag::flag:

FranckSuzy
22-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Our fans.

I received a card on Sunday, from the family of a young man who sadly passed away. Here's what it said:

"Dear Susan

Please accept this donation of £532 which was taken yesterday at our beloved son Kenny's funeral.

Kenny was such a lovely kind, caring man who was an ARDENT Hibs fan and he will be thrilled and so happy that this money will buy tickets for children who will grow up to be great Hibees like him!!!

So, please keep up the good work and "COM ON THE HIBEES!"

J & T M"

:boo hoo:

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Our fans.

I received a card on Sunday, from the family of a young man who sadly passed away. Here's what it said:

"Dear Susan

Please accept this donation of £532 which was taken yesterday at our beloved son Kenny's funeral.

Kenny was such a lovely kind, caring man who was an ARDENT Hibs fan and he will be thrilled and so happy that this money will buy tickets for children who will grow up to be great Hibees like him!!!

J & T M"

Hibs Class

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2018, 11:26 PM
Our fans.

"Dear Susan

J & T M"

You would have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by that … sheer class from the lad's family.

Greenfly
22-08-2018, 11:28 PM
Apart from the obvious day in May 16:

Mickey Weir dipping the shoulder to ghost past opponents
Geebsy's goal at Tynecastle
The Mixu / Latapy 1 - 2 in the 6-2 game
Taking my boy on his 10th birthday to Hampden for the 2008 League Cup win
Ivan's third at Ibrox
A classy badge
... and selling my spare pegs to anyone who'll buy them.:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2018, 11:40 PM
Like the lad who posted above I would put Hibs into the category of being a real positive in my life. Through so many trials and tribulations they have remained the one constant, the one distraction from the crap that real life can throw at you. It may be the case that they are frequently mediocre, sometimes utterly rank, so often let you down, and sometimes dae yer heid in ….. but just every now and then they can take you to the very heights of footballing nirvana …… its that hope along with the camaraderie of trips to ER, Hampden and elsewhere with your Hibs supporting pals that makes the whole thing so addictive and often so memorable :greengrin

That and the best strip in world football :aok:

Love em :flag:

cocteautwin
22-08-2018, 11:56 PM
The great thing about Hibs currently is that it’s all being built in a slow stable controlled manner within our means, in an honourable fashion with no begging or scamming needed.

It feels like we’re building up to something big happening again.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2018, 02:38 AM
Love the fact that if you are with a Jambo friend in a nightclub you are always the one that pulls the quality filly.

jacomo
23-08-2018, 06:41 AM
You guys!

FilipinoHibs
23-08-2018, 06:55 AM
You guys!

We are not Hearts!

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2018, 07:29 AM
We are the good guys! :thumbsup:

Sweet Left Peg
23-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Forgive me for sounding a tad dramatic, but I honestly believe Hibernian FC has saved my life on numerous occasions, and may yet do so again.

As a manic depressive, who suffers from a severe eating disorder, these past 20 years has been an endless path of despair and pitfalls upon which I have frequently lost the will to live. On various occasions I have considered suicide, and only the love and understanding of a select few people, and my passion for all things Hibernian FC, has rescued me from that dark place.

In that time my illness has cost me friends, family, relationships, a career and more. Throughout all those times Hibernian FC has been the one constant companion which I could rely upon.

On at least two occasions genuine attempts to end my life were only just thwarted, but thankfully Hibs has given me a refuge from my daily troubles/battles, and a sense of belonging and love that I have frequently lived without.

For me, a walk to Easter Road not only feels like a journey home, but also a momentary escape from my mind and the war I wage with myself daily.

I feel your struggle and have similar experiences myself. Hibs have always been a constant in my life and will continue to be so. Hibs have been there in good times and very bad times. I know what you mean about the escape.. seeing Hibs play, or score, takes me away to a different place and helps me forget about a lot of things that trouble me. The love I have for Hibs transcends everything. Hibs are not eleven football players kicking a ball around and trying to win a match. Hibs are bonding with my dad, Hibs are bonding with my son, Hibs are sharing good times and bad with my mates, Hibs are walking down Easter Road with butterflies in your belly before a match, Hibs are home, Hibs are us and you and me, Hibs are yesterday, today and tomorrow, Hibs are what's kept me going through tough times, Hibs are a release of energy, Hibs are us and we are Hibs.

I don't think that I will ever experience anything like the Cup Final. The realisation after SDG scored, after all the bedlam had calmed down, those two minutes before the game finished when we knew we had won the Cup were incredible and unlikely to be repeated.

lyonhibs
23-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Also, the view of Arthur’s Seat peeking over the top of the south stand from FF upper. Majestic.

Also the reverse view from either the top of Salisbury crags or Arthur's Seat of ER on a sunny day. Not once has that failed to give me goosebumps.

JeMeSouviens
23-08-2018, 11:39 AM
You can be black, white, atheist, christian, muslim, protestant, catholic, gay, straight, unionist, nationalist, immigrant, native in any combination and none of it matters as long as you worship at the altar of the beloved Sir David Gray and bleed green. :agree:

SirDavidsNapper
23-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Very touching post. Hibs are more than just a club and like you say, can be the one consistent in a lot of people's lives. Many things come and so in life but Hibs remain. Like Lawrie Reilly famously said "i was born a Hibee, and I'll die a Hibee".

BSEJVT
23-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Great thread

After all the travails and bickering of the transfer window its great to read what the club means to folk and some of the posts would bring tears to a glass eye or give you goose bumps.

Hibs have the ability to frequently infuriate you, but every once in a while and more often recently they do something that gives you such a lift.

An important goal, a great bit of play, a thumping tackle , hanging on for a great win, beating the gunts or the ugly sisters and occasionally winning something!

Hibs are a club to be proud of, great facilities, well and honourably run, at the forefront of Scottish Football development for decades.

I love Hibs.

GGTTH

FilipinoHibs
23-08-2018, 12:20 PM
You can be black, white, atheist, christian, muslim, protestant, catholic, gay, straight, unionist, nationalist, immigrant, native in any combination and none of it matters as long as you worship at the altar of the beloved Sir David Gray and bleed green. :agree:

Here here. I think I am just about all these things.

One Day Soon
23-08-2018, 03:19 PM

:top marks