PDA

View Full Version : Wick Hibby (Willie)

jellybean
22-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Hi all,

I'm a regular reader, but not a regular poster. Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I have made the decision to post and share with my Hibby family.

My Dad (Wick hibby) sadly passed away on Friday 17th August at the age of 68, 4 days before his birthday.

He was born in Edinburgh, moved to Wick and was a lifelong Hibee, which has been passed onto me and my nephew. He was obsessional about Hibs, and we have had much enjoyment looking at every old strip, flag and scarf that he owned.

A celebration of his life will take place tomorrow in our home town with everyone being encouraged to wear Hibs tops. My mum has borrowed one of mine to wear. Proud moment.

We're turning Wick green and white.

GGTTH

Theresa

JimBHibees
22-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Hi all,

I'm a regular reader, but not a regular poster. Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I have made the decision to post and share with my Hibby family.

My Dad (Wick hibby) sadly passed away on Friday 17th August at the age of 68, 4 days before his birthday.

He was born in Edinburgh, moved to Wick and was a lifelong Hibee, which has been passed onto me and my nephew. He was obsessional about Hibs, and we have had much enjoyment looking at every old strip, flag and scarf that he owned.

A celebration of his life will take place tomorrow in our home town with everyone being encouraged to wear Hibs tops. My mum has borrowed one of mine to wear. Proud moment.

GGTTH

Theresa

Thanks for sharing that. Sad to hear. RIP Willie.

lord bunberry
22-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Hi all,

GGTTH

Theresa
Sorry to hear that mate. RIP Willie.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Sorry for your loss. RIP.

Bostonhibby
22-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Thanks for sharing that. RIP Willie

GGTTH

oconnors_strip
22-08-2018, 12:14 PM
So sorry to hear this, met him a few times and was a great man 💚

Forza Fred
22-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Your Dad was only a year older than me, and as life would take us, we both moved far away from our football team

No doubt your Dad and I attended the same games at Easter Road in our younger days.

Hope the celebration of his life goes off well.

It is always sad to hear of the passing of a Hibby.

BH Hibs
22-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Sorry for your loss bud.

Hiber-nation
22-08-2018, 12:25 PM
So sorry to hear that, I remember his posts, always very enthusiastic about the Hibees.

scuttle
22-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Sad news , sorry for your loss mate

Oscar T Grouch
22-08-2018, 12:28 PM
My condolences to you and your family.

Juice-Terry
22-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your family. GGTTH!

jellybean
22-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Sunshine on Leith is his song of choice for tomorrow. :flag::flag::flag:

HibbyAndy
22-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Sorry for your loss Jellybean , I had numerous conversations with your Dad on here about hibs , One of life's good guys

RIP Willie

Silversand
22-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Londonhibs
22-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Hi all,

GGTTH

Theresa

Sorry to hear that. I’m a Thurso Hibby who moved to London. Some great Hibees in Caithness. Glad he got to see us lift the Scottish Cup. RIP Willie.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2018, 12:46 PM
That’s so sad to hear. I remember interacting with him on this board

Fanforlife
22-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Hi all,

GGTTH

TheresaI was working in Invergordon 1978/79 and met a Hibby from Wick in the comercial bar a few times.Sure his name was Willie,age seems about right but chances high not same man.Condolences to your Family m8.R.I.P.Wick Hibby.

matty_f
22-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

The Harp
22-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Glad he was around to see us eventually lift the Cup though, as already mentiond.
Hope the celebration of your dad's life is something you will always remember. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

G B Young
22-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Sorry to hear this. I was in Wick a good number of years ago now and remember being in a taxi driven by a Celtic supporter. When I told him who I supported he said he knew Hibs fans in the town, so I imagine your dad would have been among those he was referring to.

Quite a journey from Wick to Easter Road! The Celtic-supporting taxi driver told me he used to leave at some absurd hour of the morning to get down to Glasgow for an afternoon game.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 01:29 PM
RIP

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Hibs spirit in the sky.

eastcoasthibby
22-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Thoughts with you and your family sorry for your loss.

Eaststand
22-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of yet another fine Hibby, but I hope you have loads of happy memories of yer Dad

GGTTH

HibbyDave
22-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Condolences jellybean.

GGTTH

Stevie Reid
22-08-2018, 08:04 PM
Very sorry to read this, JB.

Was going to write 'may he rest in peace' but it sounds like his memorial will be a belter!

May he rest in peace after that. GGTTH 💚

Ilovehibs
22-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Sincere condolences to you and your family. Sounds like you have a fitting celebration of your Dad's life planned. Hope it brings you some comfort.

May Willie's memory go marching on.
GGTTH.

CraigHibee
22-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Sorry for your loss Theresa, I hope you all have a great day celebrating your dad's life and cherish the good memories

fat freddy
22-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Sad to read that. RIP Wick Hibby

Jonnyboy
22-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Very sad news. RIP Willie

O'Rourke3
22-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news. Condolences to all the family.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
22-08-2018, 09:18 PM
RIP Wick Hibby

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-08-2018, 09:22 PM
To the angels high above...

Jamesie
22-08-2018, 09:23 PM
RIP Willie, another taken far too young but with the angels high above now and he'll be watching us on Saturday, I'm sure.

LALthehibeeGAL
22-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear this news sincere condolences.

I had the pleasure of meeting Willie when up at Wick for a wedding (Monkeekat's - there's a blast from the past!) we sat in his company at the wedding with his lovely wife (god I am terrible with names and have completely forgot so sorry) myself,hubby and son and my sister.

Such a lovely family we were invited back to the lovely family home also truly lovely people.

A really nice guy, taken too soon. Be strong and I am sure you will do him proud sounds like a really fitting tribute.

Take care
Lal

hibbie02
22-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Sorry to hear this news sincere condolences.

I had the pleasure of meeting Willie when up at Wick for a wedding (Monkeekat's - there's a blast from the past!) we sat in his company at the wedding with his lovely wife (god I am terrible with names and have completely forgot so sorry) myself,hubby and son and my sister.

Such a lovely family we were invited back to the lovely family home also truly lovely people.

A really nice guy, taken too soon. Be strong and I am sure you will do him proud sounds like a really fitting tribute.

Take care
Lal

I used to have a bit of banter with Willie back in the day too. Jeez that was a long time ago. I even remember Monkeekat! Condolences.

Sherlock Jones
22-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Sad news. My sincere condolences.

hibees 7062
22-08-2018, 09:51 PM
RIP Willie.

hfc rd
22-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Very sorry to hear this

R.I.P. Wick Hibby

brog
22-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Its always sad to lose anyone. Its more sad when its one of our family & its worse when its a far flung member of our extended family. All we can do is hope that our love & best wishes help in some small way to ease your pain. Thank you for sharing with us.

monktonharp
22-08-2018, 11:54 PM
R.I.P Wick Hibbie. so sorry to hear of your loss. have noticed his posts over the years.

kaimendhibs
23-08-2018, 04:18 AM
Sorry for your loss. RIP Willie

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

BT58
23-08-2018, 04:32 AM
R.I.P Willie. Condoloncies to family and friends. Gone, but not forgotten.

Fergos
23-08-2018, 05:15 AM
RIP, sorry to hear of your loss, hope today goes as great as it sounds.

jellybean
23-08-2018, 07:57 AM
Sorry for your loss Jellybean , I had numerous conversations with your Dad on here about hibs , One of life's good guys

RIP Willie

Thanks Andy, he was always talking about meeting up with you before a match.

jellybean
23-08-2018, 08:03 AM
Thank you everyone. One of my Dad's highlights was definitely winning the Scottish Cup. #Hewasthere

I know that most of us are strangers, but I can take comfort from my Hibs family right now and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

I bought him a tunnel tile for his birthday which I never got to show him, but I think it is the most fitting birthday present right now.

Loving the stories of Monkeecat's wedding. My Dad was definitely a people person, and I'm not surprised to hear that you were invited back to the house. All Hibees welcome!!

Cheers all.

basehibby
23-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Deepest condolences Jellybean - I remember your dad from on here and with a smile.

I'm sure you'll give him a great send off - glad he got to see us lift the Holy Grail :cup:

RIP Wick Hibby :flag::flag::flag:

franks
23-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Condolences to you and your family.

BSEJVT
23-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Sad to see another good Hibby pass on.

RIP Willie

Condolences to family

Hibernia&Alba
23-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Very sorry for your loss. I recall seeing the moniker Wick Hibby numerous times on .net over the years and thinking it an unusual place to find a Hibs fan. All the very best to the family at this sad time.

RIP Willie.

Jim44
24-08-2018, 07:12 AM
RIP, Wick Hibby