PDA

View Full Version : The Gorgoyles agree a fee with The Zombies over Kyle Lafferty

Austinho
22-08-2018, 10:06 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kyle-lafferty-seal-rangers-return-13119947

Diclonius
22-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Good.

Sylar
22-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Weakens Hearts, strengthens Rangers.

Be interesting to see how many of the Orcs will need to walk back their "**** him" attitudes after he left when the **** hit the fan during his last stint there.

Sevconians hated him when he left, branding him disloyal and lumping him in with Naismith and Whittaker.

Elephant Stone
22-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Wanna-be Rangers fans in the 'stands' and wanna-be Rangers players on the 'pitch'.

Col2
22-08-2018, 10:30 AM
£450k and no Wallace is what I heard earlier.

So we tell Celtic to bolt for £2m for SJM and end up getting near double that from Villa (if you include add one)

Sheep tell Celtic to bolt for £3.5m for defender.

Hearts end up caving for less than half a million to a main rival for top scorer. Really surprised they didn’t just keep him for a season as worth more to them surely? Maybe the rumours about the cash for the nursery are true!!

chinaman
22-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Good.

useless, cheating bigot rejoins his favourite vile bigots .a great match...**** em both

IvanSproule
22-08-2018, 10:34 AM

So we tell Celtic to bolt for £2m for SJM and end up getting near double that from Villa (if you include add one)

Hearts end up caving for less than half a million to a main rival for top scorer. Really surprised they didn’t just keep him for a season as worth more to them surely? Maybe the rumours about the cash for the nursery are true!!

More likely I think that McGinn made it clear he would act like a pro if he had to stay his last year at hibs, McKenna said he was happy to stay at pittodrie, and Lafferty made it clear he would throw the toys out the pram if Hearts didnt sell.

GreenCastle
22-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Hearts fans are mugs - they were all singing his name last few weeks when it was evident he wanted to leave them and return to sevco.

Can’t stand either team - happy to see him leave the yams as he did score goals - Celtic winner for example.

He’s a massive tool though so will fit in well back at the Huns. Can’t see him being first 1st choice so hopefully disrupts the dressing room.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Well suited to both bigoted arrogant clubs. No doubt the tramps at tiny castle will bring in a 6 foot 7 inch gorilla to replace him.

GreenCastle
22-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Well suited to both bigoted arrogant clubs. No doubt the tramps at tiny castle will bring in a 6 foot 7 inch gorilla to replace him.

Already got one lined up on a pre contract in January.

Typical Levein - Bully type player

Blaster
22-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Hearts fans are mugs - they were all singing his name last few weeks when it was evident he wanted to leave them and return to sevco.

Can’t stand either team - happy to see him leave the yams as he did score goals - Celtic winner for example.

He’s a massive tool though so will fit in well back at the Huns. Can’t see him being first 1st choice so hopefully disrupts the dressing room.

Were we mugs singing for Mcginn when he was a certainty to leave?

GreenCastle
22-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Slightly different as we knew he was leaving and acted in a professional manner.

Lafferty has been desperate for a move back to Sevco for weeks and that included him getting blue boots etc.

He’s a clown - unlike SJM who is a cup winning legend with real class.

SquashedFrogg
22-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Comparing McGinn situation with Lafferty 😂🤣

Diclonius
22-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Hearts blew their budget early doors. Lafferty was always going to leave.

Blaster
22-08-2018, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=SquashedFrogg;5525422]Comparing McGinn situation with Lafferty

I was comparing fans being mugs comment and singing his name. As far as I would know he’s still given his all and scored a winner against Celtic. If the situation was reversed and he played for us, scoring a winner against Rangers I’d be singing his name too.

Sean1875
22-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Was only about 4 months ago the Gorgie Gimps were lapping up Lafferty saying he would love to spend the rest of his career at Hearts after the support they provided him for his gambling addiction. 16 weeks later and hes jumped ship to one of their rivals :faf:

mutley
22-08-2018, 10:56 AM
I can only imagine the carnage that will follow when Lafferty scores the winner for The ranges against the Yams:na na:

SteveHFC
22-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Kickback is a great read the now :faf:

BH Hibs
22-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Weakens Hearts more than it strengthens Sevco imo therefore not a bad thing.

Deansy
22-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Ha-ha-ha - the Hun doing their bit for animal-conservation and the charity-thieves seriously weakened - win-win !

SquashedFrogg
22-08-2018, 11:07 AM

I was comparing fans being mugs comment and singing his name. As far as I would know he’s still given his all and scored a winner against Celtic. If the situation was reversed and he played for us, scoring a winner against Rangers I’d be singing his name too.

Fair do's....

Biggie
22-08-2018, 11:15 AM
useless, cheating bigot rejoins his favourite vile bigots .a great match...**** em both
Was it not Glasgow Rangers he played for before ?...he's now going to the the Rangers....different team :wink:

oldbutdim
22-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Already got one lined up on a pre contract in January.

Typical Levein - Bully type player

Indeed. They'll soon forget about Laugherty and will be singing about their replacement tall thug.

"We've got a new big galoot
But he cannae play the flute"

Or something like that anyway.

Can't stand the bloke, but I hope he scores against the Gorgie mob and then runs along the line 'kissing the badge'.

I'd actually warm to him, just a little, and for an incredibly short time.

Biggie
22-08-2018, 11:24 AM
see some yams complaining the the's might be paying in instalments....in case they lose their money....lol the irony

SirDavidsNapper
22-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Lafferty promoted from Rangers B team

04Sauzee
22-08-2018, 11:33 AM
I wonder what the fee to Hearts will be? And how much Hearts have paid Lafferty in the past year?

Col2
22-08-2018, 11:38 AM
I wonder what the fee to Hearts will be? And how much Hearts have paid Lafferty in the past year?

£450k is the fee from what I am told.

They were paying him up to £8k a week but his 2 year deal was structured for him to get closer to half of that I’m the 2nd year. Remember when budge said she wouldn’t let him leave her office until he signed last year as we were supposedly interested......

lyonhibs
22-08-2018, 11:42 AM
He won't be THE main man at Rangers like he is at Crime Castle and I think he's dug ***** at football anyway so I hope a) Hearts' fans won't be happy with the fee and b) Lafferty goes on to be an unmitigated failure at Rangers and for the rest of his career APART FROM a curiously excellent scoring record against Hearts which we will all agree is just "one of those things"

Austinho
22-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Was it not Glasgow Rangers he played for before ?...he's now going to the the Rangers....different team :wink:First man to play for the Huns, Diet Huns and Tribute Huns?

SirDavidsNapper
22-08-2018, 11:44 AM

It's just another example of the Hearts - Rangers love in. The Hearts fans won't be too disappointed as they'll still get to see him at their other team. Soppy Soutar will be the next one stepping up from the B team to Ibrox.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-08-2018, 11:46 AM
I reckon him and Morelos will form an effective strikeforce IMO

Onceinawhile
22-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Weakens hearts but doesn't (IMO) significantly strengthen RFC. All good for me.

Biggie
22-08-2018, 11:50 AM
£450k is the fee from what I am told.

They were paying him up to £8k a week but his 2 year deal was structured for him to get closer to half of that I’m the 2nd year. Remember when budge said she wouldn’t let him leave her office until he signed last year as we were supposedly interested......

£8 ****ing k a week !!. how in the name of the wee man can they afford that ?
We're doing extremely well and I bet we have no-one on anything like that.......wish they would just die

California-Hibs
22-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Berra out long term, Lafferty away....😂😂 that's literally their 2 best players. They've just sealed us finishing above them again.

Can't wait for the seeth when Lafferty sticks it in the net against them. You just know hes going to over celebrate with his beloved. Was utterly desperate to get away from Hearts

TheMentalHibees
22-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Bigot returning home to the mothership. Not an improvement on what they already have, aside from the fact he can score against Celtic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AltheHibby
22-08-2018, 11:59 AM
"I’m sad that he will be leaving us but glad this is coming to an end though. Will show no hatred towards him when he returns with them as he’s been an excellent servant for us over the past year and has conducted himself very professionally during this whole saga."

😂

" Sorry to see him go but if the OF want a player badly enough they will generally get him.

All the evidence suggests Levein knows what he is doing."

🤣

" I just hate the thought of doing any business with any other Scottish clubs unless it suits us - doing business with clubs that shouldn't even exist is even worse, "

I think I just wet myself. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

SouthMoroccoStu
22-08-2018, 12:05 PM
"I’m sad that he will be leaving us but glad this is coming to an end though. Will show no hatred towards him when he returns with them as he’s been an excellent servant for us over the past year and has conducted himself very professionally during this whole saga."

��

" Sorry to see him go but if the OF want a player badly enough they will generally get him.

��

Brilliantly blinkered view!

As soon as Lafferty knew the rangers were after him, he went into see the hearts management with his representatives to help force a move

Oh aye, very professional

I'm Spartacus
22-08-2018, 12:10 PM
I see it that Lafferty will go back to getting caught up in the bigot nonsense and contribute 4 goals per season v Sellick, the only reason they've signed him is to weaken an opposition, what will also be interesting is to see what Ferts do with the cash - throw it to the stand overspend, or, the new pitch? Reap the general benefits of being £8k per week lighter? Or go 'all in' for another Lafferty like player?

With Aberdeen knocking back £3.5M, and a potential income from a higher £4M fee - it's seems that Scottish Football has some cash going about. Does anybody else think that Sellick just want to give Aberdeen £4M so they can pick away at SevCo??

ancient hibee
22-08-2018, 12:16 PM
He’ll be a success at Rangers and one of the top scorers this season.

Coco Bryce
22-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Mind that time last year Laffatme said he wanted to stay at Hertz for life... :bandit:

bingo70
22-08-2018, 12:20 PM
He’ll be a success at Rangers and one of the top scorers this season.

I agree.

I also think though that second has never been a realistic target for us this season, Rangers will sort out their home form and will finish second (at least) comfortably with or without Lafferty IMO.

Hearts promising start to the season has made me feel a bit uneasy about them closing the gap or catching us so i'm delighted they've lost Lafferty, 3rd or 4th and a European place again would be another terrific season for us IMO and Lafferty joining the Huns helps us with that.

ancient hibee
22-08-2018, 12:20 PM
I see it that Lafferty will go back to getting caught up in the bigot nonsense and contribute 4 goals per season v Sellick, the only reason they've signed him is to weaken an opposition, what will also be interesting is to see what Ferts do with the cash - throw it to the stand overspend, or, the new pitch? Reap the general benefits of being £8k per week lighter? Or go 'all in' for another Lafferty like player?

With Aberdeen knocking back £3.5M, and a potential income from a higher £4M fee - it's seems that Scottish Football has some cash going about. Does anybody else think that Sellick just want to give Aberdeen £4M so they can pick away at SevCo??
I think Celtic are in a complete panic about their defence which has been an obvious weak link for a couple of seasons.They thought they’d cracked it by signing a couple of youngsters who were going to be stars and now that’s been torpedoed they’re trying to do the same thing all over again.

I'm Spartacus
22-08-2018, 12:24 PM
I think Celtic are in a complete panic about their defence which has been an obvious weak link for a couple of seasons.They thought they’d cracked it by signing a couple of youngsters who were going to be stars and now that’s been torpedoed they’re trying to do the same thing all over again.

I agree - that makes me think it's a strange move for them to buy him for £3.5M when they could use that cash to pick up a Man City type loan deal for a big CB.

ancient hibee
22-08-2018, 12:29 PM
I agree.

I also think though that second has never been a realistic target for us this season, Rangers will sort out their home form and will finish second (at least) comfortably with or without Lafferty IMO.

Hearts promising start to the season has made me feel a bit uneasy about them closing the gap or catching us so i'm delighted they've lost Lafferty, 3rd or 4th and a European place again would be another terrific season for us IMO and Lafferty joining the Huns helps us with that.

I agree - that makes me think it's a strange move for them to buy him for £3.5M when they could use that cash to pick up a Man City type loan deal for a big CB.

A lot of sensible posters on here today:greengrin:greengrin

FifeHibs
22-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Would be funny if Lafferty failed his medical this afternoon

hibbyfraelibby
22-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Weakens Hearts, strengthens Rangers.

Be interesting to see how many of the Orcs will need to walk back their "**** him" attitudes after he left when the **** hit the fan during his last stint there.

Sevconians hated him when he left, branding him disloyal and lumping him in with Naismith and Whittaker.

Nah I reckon it weakens them both...

G B Young
22-08-2018, 01:13 PM
He's a player that is instantly easy to dislike hugely. He certainly increased my loathing of Hearts, which I didn't think possible. In a way I can't really explain I'll sort of hate him less at the Rangers.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Sign SHANKLAND now and scupper Potters back up plan :thumbsup:

mjhibby
22-08-2018, 01:29 PM

��

��

" I just hate the thought of doing any business with any other Scottish clubs unless it suits us - doing business with clubs that shouldn't even exist is even worse, "

I think I just wet myself. ��������

Their revisionism is breathtaking even by their standards. When the story broke they said no way as he was a huge chunk of their goals last year. To emphasise this he scores the winner v celtic. Now they are actually selling him it is all in the master plan. Hibs and the dons tell celtic to bolt whereas hertz roll over and let sevco tickle their tummy. It makes their wee team nonsense seem even more ludicrous and I never thought that possible. Its frightening how utterly gullible they are.

AltheHibby
22-08-2018, 01:37 PM
One of them even says that when the OF come calling then players "invariably" go to them. There's a 3 letter answer to that: SJM.

SirDavidsNapper
22-08-2018, 01:50 PM
I wonder if his opinion on who is Edinburghs biggest club has changed now

cleanyman
22-08-2018, 01:54 PM
I wonder if his opinion on who is Edinburghs biggest club has changed now

Why would it

Billy Whizz
22-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Deal now done. Signed a 2 year deal

Wembley67
22-08-2018, 02:01 PM
2nd strongest team in Scotland now I reckon.

jacomo
22-08-2018, 02:04 PM
BBC headline: Lafferty returns to Rangers

Also: Murphy out for the season

Sounds like they need a winger?

SideBurns
22-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Chat from Jambo pals is that they now expect Levein to sign the 18 foot Czech striker they've got on a pre-contract, on a permanent deal with the Laughatme money. If he's better than Laugh then this could work in their favour. We'll see soon enough.

JimBHibees
22-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Chat from Jambo pals is that they now expect Levein to sign the 18 foot Czech striker they've got on a pre-contract, on a permanent deal with the Laughatme money. If he's better than Laugh then this could work in their favour. We'll see soon enough.

Thought they already had a really tall striker. Heard Hughes got injured on Saturday also so they will be bringing in a centre half or two. Some mention of Gareth Macaulay though that sounds like wishful thinking they do have a number of Northern Ireland connections at the club. They got lucky that Berra's injury happened when window still open.

SideBurns
22-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Thought they already had a really tall striker. Heard Hughes got injured on Saturday also so they will be bringing in a centre half or two. Some mention of Gareth Macaulay though that sounds like wishful thinking they do have a number of Northern Ireland connections at the club. They got lucky that Berra's injury happened when window still open.

They signed a centre-half on loan from Burnley yesterday I think. You can't have too many abnormally tall strikers, or indeed giants in any position on the park. Not if you're Craig Levein anyway.

Col2
22-08-2018, 02:37 PM
The budgie comments are interesting.

References the need to continue to develop (aka pay for) the new mega stand.

That nursery still isn’t built is it?

MrSmith
22-08-2018, 02:58 PM

Was the nursery not supposed to be completed by June?

kaimendhibs
22-08-2018, 03:01 PM
I can guarantee I would never sing his name in praise. Horrible man

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
22-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Was the nursery not supposed to be completed by June?

Was the stand not supposed to be completed by last September?... December? February?

MrSmith
22-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Was the stand not supposed to be completed by last September?... December? February?

Yup but thought nursery was priority and was a council directive in regards to further planning permission? Yes my tongue is firmly in my cheek!

Spike Mandela
22-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Hearts were always selling Lafferty this window. Probably Souttar as well if Berra hadn’t done his knee in their overlong grass.

G B Young
22-08-2018, 04:27 PM
They signed a centre-half on loan from Burnley yesterday I think. You can't have too many abnormally tall strikers, or indeed giants in any position on the park. Not if you're Craig Levein anyway.

Indeed. You'd have thought his failure to win anything down all the years he's been a manager, including his disastrous spell in charge of Scotland, would have alerted him to the fact that consistently opting for a land of the giants approach will only take you so far.

I note that he's consistently referring to the 'fact' that the only reason that other big striker they have is continually getting pulled up for fouling is not because he's actually committing fouls, it's because he's so big that the refs think HE's the one doing the fouling. Levein is obviously hoping that if he repeats this assertion often enough the refs will start to believe it.

Paisley Hibby
22-08-2018, 04:34 PM

The difference is the player - Lafferty would have thrown his toys out the pram if Hearts didn't sell him to The Rangers - so they had no choice to be fair (I know!!! Fair about Hearts, what am I thinking!! 😱😂)

.Louise.
22-08-2018, 04:45 PM
I do like that his 21-05-16 tattoo is clearly visible in his new signing photo for them! [emoji23]

hibees 7062
22-08-2018, 04:53 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39975687_1892061297508328_7269863010456305664_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=34d052bae3415dad8e50022708a4d2bb&oe=5C385BC2

PeeKay
22-08-2018, 05:10 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39975687_1892061297508328_7269863010456305664_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=34d052bae3415dad8e50022708a4d2bb&oe=5C385BC2

Very surprised that he is not modelling the orange version of their strip.

IGRIGI
22-08-2018, 05:11 PM

#loyal #staunch #1690

Smartie
22-08-2018, 05:13 PM

#fud #nicetattoomate #tupeornottupethatisthequestion

GreenLake
22-08-2018, 05:24 PM

He jumped from one sinking ship to another.

Keith_M
22-08-2018, 05:30 PM

That jumped out at me as well. She practically admitted they can't afford to finish their new Stand without selling off players.

Makes you wonder why they agreed to Levein signing more than a dozen players this summer.

SirDavidsNapper
22-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Indeed. You'd have thought his failure to win anything down all the years he's been a manager, including his disastrous spell in charge of Scotland, would have alerted him to the fact that consistently opting for a land of the giants approach will only take you so far.

I note that he's consistently referring to the 'fact' that the only reason that other big striker they have is continually getting pulled up for fouling is not because he's actually committing fouls, it's because he's so big that the refs think HE's the one doing the fouling. Levein is obviously hoping that if he repeats this assertion often enough the refs will start to believe it.

Always thought it was a cert Hearts would sign Akinfenwa

Stuart93
22-08-2018, 05:33 PM

His 21.05.16 tattoo on his hand is full view...pleasing

hibees 7062
22-08-2018, 05:40 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39927833_1703301889796388_9119463712674021376_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=e914701683c1cad829acb821023995fc&oe=5BF62A16

G B Young
22-08-2018, 05:58 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39927833_1703301889796388_9119463712674021376_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=e914701683c1cad829acb821023995fc&oe=5BF62A16

Jeez, what a saddo. Doesn't take much to become a Hearts legend in his eyes. Just proclaim your hatred for Hibs and Celtic and you're due a place in the hall of fame...

Hibs haters first, Hearts fans second. That's how it is for a fair few of them. You could see it in the way their whole season seemed to rest on winning that final derby last May (a game which was, in terms of points or league position, meaningless to them).

Hi Heid Yin
22-08-2018, 06:02 PM
The Jambos can talk it away all they like, but that's now the heart of their defence (Berra) and the spearhead of their attack (Lafferty) gone.
Berra might eventually work his way back at some indeterminate point, but for now, he is the biggest loss that lot could suffer.

Carheenlea
22-08-2018, 06:28 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/8x8tpe.jpg

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Legend? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Truly nauseating 😝

EastCalderHibby
22-08-2018, 08:18 PM
His 21.05.16 tattoo on his hand is full view...pleasing

he even holds up the score for that date

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 08:21 PM
" We dont care what the Jambos say, what the hell do we care?
because all we know is there's going to be a show
and the Edinburgh Hibees will be there"

**** em.

hibees 7062
22-08-2018, 08:23 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39875617_10155932446378668_812933980809592832_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=916aa5c68790324529d0f230698ddaa3&oe=5C37C118

EastCalderHibby
22-08-2018, 08:26 PM

thank f,,k im a hibby :lolyam:

EastCalderHibby
22-08-2018, 08:28 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39875617_10155932446378668_812933980809592832_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=916aa5c68790324529d0f230698ddaa3&oe=5C37C118

is that you craig

Winston Ingram
22-08-2018, 08:34 PM
I’ve heard the fee is anything between £250k to £1m.

Agent Scotland tweeted that the initial bid was £130k rising to £200k.

From what evidence we have is that Sevco up their bids in very small increments which would suggest it’s nowhere near the top end. If I was a betting man i’d Hazard a guess at £300k.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2018, 08:35 PM
From a Jambo source last week:

Ann wants to sell him for sure. Has been proactively hawking him since November, when it became clear we couldn't afford his wages (insane - you wouldn't believe how much. Hughes and Naismith the same) because the Fifa payment she banked on getting for Northern Ireland qualifying for the World Cup went up in smoke. Mr A underwrote the deal on the basis of that payment. But she'll hold out for as much as she can to plug the multi million pound black hole in finances (not just the new stand BTW. Don't believe the spin).
Wallace was never an option. Not just because we have enough left sided defenders. Not just because he's not as good as he thinks he is. And not just because of his wages. But because Ann needs maximum cash

Baader
22-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Bet some of their singing fans are wishing they could make the move to their beloved Ibrox too...

Galahibby
22-08-2018, 08:48 PM
The poor laddie's probably gonnae have to have his hand amputated now 😪 #PrayForKyle

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 08:52 PM
I’ve heard the fee is anything between £250k to £1m.

Agent Scotland tweeted that the initial bid was £130k rising to £200k.

From what evidence we have is that Sevco up their bids in very small increments which would suggest it’s nowhere near the top end. If I was a betting man i’d Hazard a guess at £300k.

Sevco would need another share issue to be able to afford a million up front.

Bostonhibby
22-08-2018, 08:57 PM
He jumped from one sinking ship to another.He walked away before the fans of the now defunct Glasgow rangers who didn't do walking away walked away. If you see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
22-08-2018, 09:04 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39891481_2237441573156833_3155507430079594496_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=31f617ea80906d3ac81b423fcaffc993&oe=5C020CFD

SirDavidsNapper
22-08-2018, 09:59 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39891481_2237441573156833_3155507430079594496_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=31f617ea80906d3ac81b423fcaffc993&oe=5C020CFD

Still trolling Rangers

Perd Hapley
23-08-2018, 12:30 AM

Sweet mother Mary I didn't believe that was true until I Googled it. S*n reported on it when he signed for Hearts - along with his tweet that he 'hope[s] he's there for life'.

The word roaster comes to mind

percy veer
23-08-2018, 12:42 AM
The Jambos can talk it away all they like, but that's now the heart of their defence (Berra) and the spearhead of their attack (Lafferty) gone.
Berra might eventually work his way back at some indeterminate point, but for now, he is the biggest loss that lot could suffer.

add to that they lost their keeper aswell the whole spine of the team

guthrie01
23-08-2018, 01:41 AM

Lafferty knows the score

Libby Hibby
23-08-2018, 05:09 AM
I do know a Wee bit about the nursery that they are building for CEC. Basically, Hearts ran out of cash to deliver it in full. They claimed to the council that they thought the CEC were contributing funding towards the development. When they were put straight by the council, I.e told ‘no, it’s all on you’ they quickly had to find cash to assist in completing it.

Perhaps one of the reasons Lafferty appears to be sold on the relative cheap when keeping him for the season is a much better option from a football point of view.

adhibs
23-08-2018, 06:08 AM

Ann wants to sell him for sure. Has been proactively hawking him since November, when it became clear we couldn't afford his wages (insane - you wouldn't believe how much. Hughes and Naismith the same) because the Fifa payment she banked on getting for Northern Ireland qualifying for the World Cup went up in smoke. Mr A underwrote the deal on the basis of that payment. But she'll hold out for as much as she can to plug the multi million pound black hole in finances (not just the new stand BTW. Don't believe the spin).
Wallace was never an option. Not just because we have enough left sided defenders. Not just because he's not as good as he thinks he is. And not just because of his wages. But because Ann needs maximum cash

That to me suggests their mystery benefactor has been budge all along, lumping personal cash in to save face.

The Spaceman
23-08-2018, 06:30 AM
They are skint and have now sold their single best player to their big cousins for an absolutely bargain bucket price.

Probably £300,000. Budge knows she can’t disclose the fee as it will absolutely destroy their feel-good factor following winning two meaningful games in a row. Natural order.

Betty Boop
23-08-2018, 06:42 AM
They are skint and have now sold their single best player to their big cousins for an absolutely bargain bucket price.

Probably £300,000. Budge knows she can’t disclose the fee as it will absolutely destroy their feel-good factor following winning two meaningful games in a row. Natural order.

Hibs didn't disclose the fee for McGinn either ?

JimBHibees
23-08-2018, 06:48 AM

How does them being skint fit with signing a boat load of players including you would assume expensive players such as Naismith

Zazu62
23-08-2018, 07:06 AM
That tattoo tho 😂😂😂😂

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2018, 07:08 AM

Wallace was never an option. Not just because we have enough left sided defenders. Not just because he's not as good as he thinks he is. And not just because of his wages. But because Ann needs maximum cashWho is Mr. A?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Barney McGrew
23-08-2018, 07:09 AM
How does them being skint fit with signing a boat load of players including you would assume expensive players such as Naismith

When did not having money to pay for players ever stop them before?

Stuart93
23-08-2018, 07:29 AM

I don't think they're skint, at all. That ships sailed imo. They make a hefty amount every month from fans DD's alone.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-08-2018, 07:32 AM
First man to play for the Huns, Diet Huns and Tribute Huns?

As god a line as that is, has The Grass not played for all three? [emoji4]

calumhibee1
23-08-2018, 07:53 AM
I don't think they're skint, at all. That ships sailed imo. They make a hefty amount every month from fans DD's alone.

Agreed. The references to them not being able to afford their playing squad is like the crap they spout about how STF and RP take a 50% cut of Hibs income, bank take 30%, McGinn is due 15% and Lennon is due 10%. They have plenty of money to spend on their playing squad due to the FOH direct debits, hence the squad of 30 odd players.

JimBHibees
23-08-2018, 07:56 AM

If players or teams are not getting paid it would get out so assuming they are. The sheer numbers of players again arent the actions of a club with no money they have the superest ever young players so if they didnt have money they could use more of them rather than bring a truck load of players in.

I'm Spartacus
23-08-2018, 09:54 AM
£690k is the fee paid. That's a fact, guy in works wife does admin at Hearts and she posted a photo on her Snapchat.

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2018, 09:55 AM
£690k is the fee paid. That's a fact, guy in works wife does admin at Hearts and she posted a photo on her Snapchat.

That sounds like £575k plus VAT.

I take it she's looking for another job? :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
23-08-2018, 10:01 AM
That sounds like £575k plus VAT.

I take it she's looking for another job? :rolleyes:

Indeed. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
23-08-2018, 10:07 AM

Surely £1690K

Big Kyle has a bet on what the fee will eventually be :wink:

Rumble de Thump
23-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Agreed. The references to them not being able to afford their playing squad is like the crap they spout about how STF and RP take a 50% cut of Hibs income, bank take 30%, McGinn is due 15% and Lennon is due 10%. They have plenty of money to spend on their playing squad due to the FOH direct debits, hence the squad of 30 odd players.

Everybody knows Hearts are skint, which is why they still can't afford to finish their stand. The fact that they are so wasteful with money (signing vast quantities of dross etc) is a a major reason they are skint.

SideBurns
23-08-2018, 10:53 AM

Aye. Their FOH monthly contributions are way in excess of what we bring in through HSL, and they have impressive ST sales which aren't too far behind ours. If they're skint, should we not be assuming that we are too?? Wishful thinking, and, as you say, a mirror image of the nonsense spouted on JKB.

Chic Murray
23-08-2018, 10:56 AM

They have previous, it's what big teams do.

I suspect with all their federations, and sub committees, that there are too many people trying to steer the ship. She wouldn't be the first business person to find that the laws of logic are quickly overtaken by the needs of the footballers to scam as much cash as they can.

Chic Murray
23-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Who is Mr. A?

Close associate of Mr. E.

FilipinoHibs
23-08-2018, 11:07 AM
That to me suggests their mystery benefactor has been budge all along, lumping personal cash in to save face.

Of course it is. Round numbers and if not Budge why did they not buy the club when Budge did?

FilipinoHibs
23-08-2018, 11:10 AM
who is mr. A?

Sent from my sm-a520f using tapatalk

mrs b

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Close associate of Mr. E.

Ear-worm now of Little Green Bag from Reservoir Dogs.

(disclaimer. That is not meant as any kind of sexist, ageist, pejorative towards Mrs.B. I am sure she would never be seen dead with a green bag....... )

Bostonhibby
23-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Aye. Their FOH monthly contributions are way in excess of what we bring in through HSL, and they have impressive ST sales which aren't too far behind ours. If they're skint, should we not be assuming that we are too?? Wishful thinking, and, as you say, a mirror image of the nonsense spouted on JKB.But you've got to admire how far the givers cash has been deflected from its original intent, and for how long it's been going on.

There's a financial savvy yam I know well who really isn't happy with it, he describes it as wasteful spending at the moment.

Is It On....
23-08-2018, 11:26 AM

I thought that was a wind-up before I checked it up - absolutely brilliant. Just as well he reassured Hearts fans of his loyalty, by teeeting: “Don’t worry as I said before I hope I’m here for life.” 😂😂😂

I'm Spartacus
23-08-2018, 11:27 AM

The first Naismith contract didn't cost them anything (Well it actually cost them Walker), his fee was 100% put to funding that deal, they got 80 weeks at £5k p/w plus saved his salary on top of that - hence why they can do it for a full season. I don't know much, but I do get snippets from a friends Mrs.

Only other bits I know is the stand has far too much space in to behind the scenes, it'll just sit empty. Plus the nursery delay is 100% the councils doing, not sure why.

Anyway, lets look at our own club and get the show on the road!

SideBurns
23-08-2018, 11:28 AM
But you've got to admire how far the givers cash has been deflected from its original intent, and for how long it's been going on.

There's a financial savvy yam I know well who really isn't happy with it, he describes it as wasteful spending at the moment.

There's no doubt they've wasted fortunes in the last couple of years - mainly on rubbish footballers - but, unfortunately, the money keeps rolling in, and shows no sign of slowing up (as far as I can see).

Hibernia&Alba
23-08-2018, 11:45 AM
I thought that was a wind-up before I checked it up - absolutely brilliant. Just as well he reassured Hearts fans of his loyalty, by teeeting: “Don’t worry as I said before I hope I’m here for life.” 😂😂😂

:lolyam:

Bostonhibby
23-08-2018, 11:49 AM
There's no doubt they've wasted fortunes in the last couple of years - mainly on rubbish footballers - but, unfortunately, the money keeps rolling in, and shows no sign of slowing up (as far as I can see).Tend to agree, it's just "pleasing" how it continues to be diverted from the original ambitions of the many fans who signed up genuinely thinking they'd have paid off the good doctor (plus interest at 6.5%) and own their club by now.

What next? pay for the nursery? Pay for another job lot of signings who'll scrape 6th place in the league.

I'm in the camp that it's not how much money you've got at that level, it's how you use it.

Waxy
23-08-2018, 11:56 AM
21-5-16

SideBurns
23-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Tend to agree, it's just "pleasing" how it continues to be diverted from the original ambitions of the many fans who signed up genuinely thinking they'd have paid off the good doctor (plus interest at 6.5%) and own their club by now.

What next? pay for the nursery? Pay for another job lot of signings who'll scrape 6th place in the league.

I'm in the camp that it's not how much money you've got at that level, it's how you use it.

For the avoidance of doubt - I'd be happy to see them continue to waste as much money as possible so in complete agreement with you 😁

Hibbyradge
23-08-2018, 12:20 PM
There's a financial savvy yam I know well

It's remarkable that yams who say things we like are "savvy" whilst the ones who don't are "deluded".

Just something I noticed.

:greengrin

kaimendhibs
23-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Aye. Their FOH monthly contributions are way in excess of what we bring in through HSL, and they have impressive ST sales which aren't too far behind ours. If they're skint, should we not be assuming that we are too?? Wishful thinking, and, as you say, a mirror image of the nonsense spouted on JKB.We haven't *****ed millions on an unfinished stand tho

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

aljo7-0
23-08-2018, 12:23 PM

I think that was a misquote. He was actually comparing *********** to a prison and the quote was "I hope I'm here if I get life"

Bostonhibby
23-08-2018, 12:32 PM
It's remarkable that yams who say things we like are "savvy" whilst the ones who don't are "deluded".

Just something I noticed.

:greengrinHe's an ex director of a stock market listed financial services company and a lawyer so sometimes worth listening to, selectively like[emoji4]

BullsCloseHibs
23-08-2018, 12:43 PM

But they were after something like £900k! Always good to hear they got a pittance in the end.

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2018, 01:15 PM
close associate of mr. E.

o i c...😁

Sean1875
23-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Rumours that theyre bringing back Osman Sow to replace Lafferty. A whopping 2 goals in 19 games last year for MK Dons :aok:

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Rumours that theyre bringing back Osman Sow to replace Lafferty. A whopping 2 goals in 19 games last year for MK Dons :aok:

He's got just over a year left so a fee would be required.

ancient hibee
23-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Photo of what?

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 01:39 PM
He's got just over a year left so a fee would be required.

It's a loan

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 01:39 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39872903_10216436950451808_1764494366174347264_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=608bca0134db925562415f9fd72cb621&oe=5BF21A21

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 01:52 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39961521_1726811090750053_3457878371873062912_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=c8e8b1f4f22c033d2c98dab92d57b17f&oe=5C3ADF25

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 01:54 PM
It's a loan

Still have to pay some of his wages.

essexhibee
23-08-2018, 01:58 PM

Sacked in the morning then. What a ridiculous braindead thing to do.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 01:59 PM

Post a link then.

Ringothedog
23-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Sacked in the morning then. What a ridiculous braindead thing to do.

Only if it’s true which I doubt

The Spaceman
23-08-2018, 02:08 PM
So they’ll have two whopping great cart horses to bring the hoofs down with this season? Bet Hearts fans can’t wait for that entertainment 😂

Sean1875
23-08-2018, 02:12 PM
So they’ll have two whopping great cart horses to bring the hoofs down with this season? Bet Hearts fans can’t wait for that entertainment ��

The Hearts fans I know seem to be wetting themselves with excitement at the prospect of him coming back - sums them up really.

cocteautwin
23-08-2018, 02:16 PM
But you've got to admire how far the givers cash has been deflected from its original intent, and for how long it's been going on.

Since admin, I calculated that the HMFC project has had some £18m pumped in by Hearts people, over and above normal ticket sales, normal football club income etc. Huge amounts for no success on the pitch. I don't think even Aberdeen will have had that amount of extra cash thrown at their project.

SirDavidsNapper
23-08-2018, 02:19 PM
The Hearts fans I know seem to be wetting themselves with excitement at the prospect of him coming back - sums them up really.

His goalscoring record is abysmal just like the other world class giant they have up front. Sow may be one of those players that suit a particular club though. Time will tell. Signing a stream of lower league English player would concern me.

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Still have to pay some of his wages.

Not as much as they were paying Laugherty

GreenCastle
23-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Levein is so predictable with his striker recruitment - same at Dundee Utd.

Tall - 6ft 2 minimum
Likes to be physical
Bully
Nasty streak
Will be a nuisance at long throws

ok sign him...

Sow's goalscoring record was 23 in 52 games - half of those goals were when the yams were in Championship. Simon Murray scored more goals for Hibs last season in the top league than Sow managed in a season.

The other new guy they have coming in Vanecek similar.

Thecat23
23-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Many strikers are they trying to sign. All the same style as well.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Who is Mr. A?

Mystery?

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 03:18 PM
So they’ll have two whopping great cart horses to bring the hoofs down with this season? Bet Hearts fans can’t wait for that entertainment 😂

3 if they get
David Vanecek

23-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Since admin, I calculated that the HMFC project has had some £18m pumped in by Hearts people, over and above normal ticket sales, normal football club income etc. Huge amounts for no success on the pitch. I don't think even Aberdeen will have had that amount of extra cash thrown at their project.

They are a well run club (so they believe} that relies on the fans generosity to keep them afloat so they can continue to squander the donations on mostly duff players.

BullsCloseHibs
23-08-2018, 08:11 PM
What is it with HOMOFC and giant strikers. Obsessed with them over the years. They're style is so obvious. Never changes. Knobs.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 08:53 PM
What is it with HOMOFC and giant strikers. Obsessed with them over the years. They're style is so obvious. Never changes. Knobs.

Long ball. :dunno:

linlithgowhibbie
23-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Long ball. :dunno:

Not long ball,,,,, high ball!!

SouthMoroccoStu
23-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Can you imagine if a Scottish referee ACTUALLY clampted down on the tactics they play?

Eyrie
23-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Can you imagine if a Scottish referee ACTUALLY clampted down on the tactics they play?

I think they'd beat their own record of having four players sent off in one game.

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Only at tiny would anyone pass a medical injured

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 10:30 PM
Only at tiny would anyone pass a medical injured

Who passed a medical thats injured? :confused:

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Who passed a medical thats injured? :confused:

Sow

Thecat23
23-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Levein has always done this, when going for strikers. 6’4 type physical do that the long balls punted up they are likely to win them for the knock downs to others. But these guys won’t do anything if Hibs or any other press them and get in their faces. Hearts hate a battle even though they are a big side. Hibs bossed then so many times before I think we’ll still do well against thin this season.

hibees 7062
23-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Levein has always done this, when going for strikers. 6’4 type physical do that the long balls punted up they are likely to win them for the knock downs to others. But these guys won’t do anything if Hibs or any other press them and get in their faces. Hearts hate a battle even though they are a big side. Hibs bossed then so many times before I think we’ll still do well against thin this season.

Ikpeazu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Ikpeazu) will feel out of place at only
6’3

B.H.F.C
23-08-2018, 11:08 PM

We never managed to boss them in the derbies last season.

Levein’s teams are grim to watch but you’ll do well to out battle them at Tynecastle.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-08-2018, 05:13 AM
We never managed to boss them in the derbies last season.

Levein’s teams are grim to watch but you’ll do well to out battle them at Tynecastle.

2-0 at Easter Road

All over them.

Those muppets were celebrating 0-0 at halftime

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2018, 05:18 AM
2-0 at Easter Road

All over them.

Yup. Sure they were singing "can you hear the Hibees sing" when we were level at half time. They're that used to getting pumped at Easter Road it was like a victory to them.

Dancehibs
24-08-2018, 05:50 AM
Hope so. Not convinced we will boss them at the PBS. Didn’t do it last season. Rarely do It. Need more physicality in the team for going there.

Col2
24-08-2018, 06:20 AM
Sow isn’t physical. He is quick and is skillful to beat a man.

On paper a good signing, knows the Scottish game but hasn’t exactly done much in last couple do years based on pure stats and has an injury record hanging over him that suggests he might be in and out the team.

bingo70
24-08-2018, 06:33 AM

On paper a good signing, knows the Scottish game but hasn’t exactly done much in last couple do years based on pure stats and has an injury record hanging over him that suggests he might be in and out the team.

I always thought he was pish against us.

In the paper this morning Levein is saying he wants another 3 players in, which would take their summer recruitment to 17. I know they’ve had a decent start but that’s surely no way to run a club, I’d be amazed if they don’t fall away once their new signings honeymoon period is over and they revert to their usual standard.

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2018, 06:39 AM
2-0 at Easter Road

All over them.

NATURAL ORDER! :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
24-08-2018, 06:41 AM
I heard they got a 50% discount off the price of their new pitch as the ball is the air more often at Tinycastle :greengrin

JimBHibees
24-08-2018, 07:01 AM

In the paper this morning Levein is saying he wants another 3 players in, which would take their summer recruitment to 17. I know they’ve had a decent start but that’s surely no way to run a club, I’d be amazed if they don’t fall away once their new signings honeymoon period is over and they revert to their usual standard.

Sow also has that James Forrest affliction of forgetting to take the clothes hanger out of his strip before he puts it on. :greengrin

B.H.F.C
24-08-2018, 07:03 AM

Factor in that they’ve probably lost their two best players in the last couple of weeks. Berra to injury and Lafferty to Sevco.

Diclonius
24-08-2018, 07:26 AM

Yup, he's a Kamberi. A skillful forward who happens to be tall.

greenginger
24-08-2018, 07:31 AM
I see Lafferty came on in their game against the Russian UFO's last night .

Must have got his UEFA clearance through pretty quickly.

Chic Murray
24-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Hope so. Not convinced we will boss them at the PBS. Didn’t do it last season. Rarely do It. Need more physicality in the team for going there.

That's a bit of cliche, and untrue. It was only after Cathro went that they started to fight back.

Don't forget we should have won the first league match, but the ref didn't see the ball cross the line.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2018, 08:51 AM
That's a bit of cliche, and untrue. It was only after Cathro went that they started to fight back.

Don't forget we should have won the first league match, but the ref didn't see the ball cross the line.

Not sure about it being a cliche. Our record there is atroscious.

JimBHibees
24-08-2018, 09:06 AM

Indeed and the cup tie was totally even and an atrocious game of football with I think the only effort on target being the goal. Last game was pretty even beyond poorly defended goals on our part.

Chic Murray
24-08-2018, 09:33 AM

I wouldn't say it has been. If we went unbeaten in 12 matches, some of them must have been at the PBS.

That's the problem with cliches, they soon go out of date.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2018, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't say it has been. If we went unbeaten in 12 matches, some of them must have been at the PBS.

That's the problem with cliches, they soon go out of date.

If you don’t think we have a poor record at Tynecastle you must be easily pleased. We haven’t won there for years. A few draws here and there is crap. We were miles ahead of them last year and the best we could manage was one draw from three games there.

Chorley Hibee
24-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Our record at Tynecastle is honking and we need to put an end to it. Could almost count on one hand our victories there in the last 15-20 years.

oldbutdim
24-08-2018, 11:05 AM

:agree:

Long bad spell.

Gloucester Hibs
24-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Long bad spell.

Something like 6 or 7 wins in 30-odd years. We're due a win there this season going by those statistics actually!

Diclonius
24-08-2018, 11:16 AM
We haven't won at Tynecastle since Hearts went into administration. We are currently on a run of no wins in nine games which is our worst since 1994 (during 22 in a row). Dress it up however you like, that is abysmal.

However, we're unbeaten against them at Easter Road in six games. That's our longest unbeaten run at home since 2001.

Chic Murray
24-08-2018, 11:22 AM
If you don’t think we have a poor record at Tynecastle you must be easily pleased. We haven’t won there for years. A few draws here and there is crap. We were miles ahead of them last year and the best we could manage was one draw from three games there.

People see what they want to see. In the first league game, a perfectly good goal was disallowed when we were in the ascendency.

I'm not easily pleased, just objective. We were unlucky to lose the cup tie, as both teams were cancelling each other out, it was a rather spawny goal that won it for them.

I think our performances there have been pretty good the last three years, or so.

You read too much Yam propaganda about them having the upper hand over us. Scratch below the surface and you'll quickly see they have nothing of the sort.

Chic Murray
24-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Something like 6 or 7 wins in 30-odd years. We're due a win there this season going by those statistics actually!

:hmmm:

Sean1875
24-08-2018, 11:23 AM
We haven't won at Tynecastle since Hearts went into administration. We are currently on a run of no wins in nine games which is our worst since 1994 (during 22 in a row). Dress it up however you like, that is abysmal.

However, we're unbeaten against them at Easter Road in six games. That's our longest unbeaten run at home since 2001.

I've never actually seen us win at the PBS incredibly enough, every time I miss a game there we seem to win. Maybe I should just stop going completely and the curse will be lifted? :dunno: :greengrin

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2018, 11:27 AM
We beat Hearts away from home in December last year. Unfortunately, the only people who didn't know it were the match officials.

WeeRussell
24-08-2018, 11:39 AM
People see what they want to see. In the first league game, a perfectly good goal was disallowed when we were in the ascendency.

I'm not easily pleased, just objective. We were unlucky to lose the cup tie, as both teams were cancelling each other out, it was a rather spawny goal that won it for them.

I think our performances there have been pretty good the last three years, or so.

You read too much Yam propaganda about them having the upper hand over us. Scratch below the surface and you'll quickly see they have nothing of the sort.

Even if every single word of your post is true - we still have a poor recent record at Tynecastle.

Springbank
24-08-2018, 11:55 AM
we're unbeaten against them at Easter Road in six games. That's our longest unbeaten run at home since 2001.

And how can you easily tell when Hearts are on a long winless run in derbies? By the oceans of green seats in the away end when Mixu scored twice in the 6-2 game, and when Ulises De La Cruz sunk them with a quickfire double shortly after.

They are more fickle than Kyle Lafferty [which is saying something]

Exhibit A - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/985212.stm

Exhibit B - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibee-history-de-la-cruz-in-control-for-derby-win-1-4591842

Seats, seats, glorious seats...

RoxburghHibs
24-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Even if every single word of your post is true - we still have a poor recent record at Tynecastle.

It is poor agreed. Partly due to their very good home record and partly due to bad luck / very poor refereeing decisions.

Chic Murray
24-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Define poor, define recent.

calumhibee1
24-08-2018, 12:13 PM
It is poor agreed. Partly due to their very good home record and partly due to bad luck / very poor refereeing decisions.

But mainly down to us not performing well enough that there’s just no way we won’t get the 3 points like we do at home these days.

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2018, 12:13 PM
And how can you easily tell when Hearts are on a long winless run in derbies? By the oceans of green seats in the away end when Mixu scored twice in the 6-2 game, and when Ulises De La Cruz sunk them with a quickfire double shortly after.

They are more fickle than Kyle Lafferty [which is saying something]

Exhibit A - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/985212.stm

Exhibit B - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibee-history-de-la-cruz-in-control-for-derby-win-1-4591842

Seats, seats, glorious seats...

Away derbies only became fashionable for Hearts around the Romanov era. Before then they used the old "boycotting ER" excuse for not being able to sell their tickets.

SideBurns
24-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Sometimes statistics don't lie. Our record at Tynie since they came back up in 1983 is a disgrace. You can pick out the odd game here and there when we were maybe unlucky not to get 3 points, but there aren't many.

You can't change the past, but every season we have the chance to improve that record. Generally it just gets worse though, and I never fancy our chances there.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Define poor, define recent.

Poor is our regular inability to win there, even against poor Hearts teams like last season.

Recent, look no further than last season. Go back further it doesn’t look much better.

I can’t actually believe there is any kind of debate about how good, bad or indifferent we are when playing at Tynecastle!

Chic Murray
24-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Poor is our regular inability to win there, even against poor Hearts teams like last season.

Recent, look no further than last season. Go back further it doesn’t look much better.

I can’t actually believe there is any kind of debate about how good, bad or indifferent we are when playing at Tynecastle!

Right, so we lost two games. One was to a spawny goal, and the last one I admit we were poor. The other game, which everyone seems to be ignoring, we were robbed by a poor refereeing decision, and ended up drawing the game.

I think saying we are horrendous at Tynecastle is nothing more than wishful thinking in some quarters, and lazy analysis in others.

We own Hearts just now, yet some people are going out of their way to say that Hearts have the upper hand on us. Bizarre.

SideBurns
24-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Me neither. It's pointless debating it, the facts are overwhelming - only the manager and players can begin to change it.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Right, so we lost two games. One was to a spawny goal, and the last one I admit we were poor. The other game, which everyone seems to be ignoring, we were robbed by a poor refereeing decision, and ended up drawing the game.

I think saying we are horrendous at Tynecastle is nothing more than wishful thinking in some quarters, and lazy analysis in others.

We own Hearts just now, yet some people are going out of their way to say that Hearts have the upper hand on us. Bizarre.

You’re just completely ignoring our actual results there over a prolonged period of time to suit yourself.

It’s certainly not wishful thinking. I’d really rather we were a lot better there.

euro Hibby
24-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Hard to gorget 7-0 especially if you were there, but agree we should have a better record away to them.

WeeRussell
24-08-2018, 01:07 PM

You've just changed "poor" to "horrendous" which kind of points at you almost admitting you're wrong?

What's the point in quoting spawny goals and good performances if we're talking about a "record"...a record is the black and white numbers that is our results, which in our case at Tynecastle are poor over the last few years.

It doesn't take any amount of wishful thinking or analysis to work that out.

Ged
24-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Sometimes statistics don't lie. Our record at Tynie since they came back up in 1983 is a disgrace. You can pick out the odd game here and there when we were maybe unlucky not to get 3 points, but there aren't many.

You can't change the past, but every season we have the chance to improve that record. Generally it just gets worse though, and I never fancy our chances there.

If you're going back that far it's worth remembering the decades where they spent money they didn't have on players. I doubt it would have been that bad if the playing field was level.

therealgavmac
24-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Get what you’re saying, but unfortunately performances don’t win you points in the league, scoring more goals than the opposition does.......

SideBurns
24-08-2018, 01:52 PM
If you're going back that far it's worth remembering the decades where they spent money they didn't have on players. I doubt it would have been that bad if the playing field was level.

Perhaps not, but we have still won plenty derbies at Easter Road since then; and even through their worst period of financial doping we won a few at Tynie so it's not as if they were so superior that we couldn't beat them. There are obviously mitigating circumstances, but not enough to explain how bad our record is.

Anyway, like every Hibby I just want to see our record improve there. At least, in recent years, they have had an even worse run at our place!

Chorley Hibee
24-08-2018, 04:28 PM

I really wouldn't say that we own Hearts, especially as they've won 2 of the last 3.

Mibbes Aye
24-08-2018, 04:30 PM

Long bad spell.

:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-08-2018, 04:35 PM

10/10

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2018, 04:36 PM
I really wouldn't say that we own Hearts, especially as they've won 2 of the last 3.

We are the dominant force in Edinburgh just now, no question.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Our record is actually horrendous. No dressing it up. We play like ***** there even when we're really good. Our form after Christmas last year should've seen us go there and win easily. We were 2nd best.

Chorley Hibee
24-08-2018, 05:05 PM
We are the dominant force in Edinburgh just now, no question.

Since the beginning of 2012/13 season our league record against them reads:

5 wins
6 draws
5 defeats

Cup record reads:

3 wins
2 draws
2 defeats

In that period we have finished above Hearts twice (not including their 15 point deduction) where they would have finished above us.

I really can't see how anyone would consider themselves the dominant force in the fixture, or over each other at present.

If anything it shows that there is very little between the two clubs in terms of results (both currently much stronger in their respective home fixture), league placings and current crowds.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Since the beginning of 2012/13 season our league record against them reads:

5 wins
6 draws
5 defeats

Cup record reads:

3 wins
2 draws
2 defeats

In that period we have finished above Hearts twice (not including their 15 point deduction) where they would have finished above us.

I really can't see how anyone would consider themselves the dominant force in the fixture, or over each other at present.

If anything it shows that there is very little between the two clubs in terms of results (both currently much stronger in their respective home fixture), league placings and current crowds.

The Stubbs/Lennon era we have been in the ascendency. I don't expect to lose the derby and longer; it's they who are nervous. Weren't we eight derbies-in-a-row unbeaten recently, having knocked them out of several cups? The last couple of fixtures have been setbacks we need to rectify, or we risk slipping back to the Gorgie cheat years. I'm actually confident we will have the upper hand over the next few years, now they can't spend money they don't have.

eastterrace
24-08-2018, 05:20 PM
The Stubbs/Lennon era we have been in the ascendency. I don't expect to lose the derby and longer; it's they who are nervous. Weren't we eight derbies-in-a-row unbeaten recently, having knocked them out of several cups? The last couple of fixtures have been setbacks we need to rectify, or we risk slipping back to the Gorgie cheat years. I'm actually confident we will have the upper hand over the next few years, now they can't spend money they don't have.

But they are still spending money they don’t have , well looks like that to me 8000 grand a week for laughatme

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chorley Hibee
24-08-2018, 05:32 PM

Stubbs: Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 1
Lennon: Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 2

It's a definite improvement on years gone by, but it's certainly not the results of a side that is dominating the fixture.

If we were dominating the fixture then we should be winning most of the games, not 5 out of 13. In that time neither Stubbs or Lennon (yet) has managed a win at Tiny Tynie.

I'd expect a dominant side to be winning the away games too.

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Stubbs: Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 1
Lennon: Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 2

It's a definite improvement on years gone by, but it's certainly not the results of a side that is dominating the fixture.

If we were dominating the fixture then we should be winning most of the games, not 5 out of 13. In that time neither Stubbs or Lennon (yet) has managed a win at Tiny Tynie.

I'd expect a dominant side to be winning the away games too.

Yes, fair point, our record at Tiny is bad and has been for decades. Yet for much of that time they were cheating; bare faced cheating. They won't be getting those twenty-odd unbeaten runs again with a level playing field. We should be getting the upper hand now, including at their midden.