PDA

View Full Version : Petty Gripes about the club as at 22nd August 2018

itslegaltender
22-08-2018, 10:02 AM
From a purely petty and personal point of view, the state of the ground between the East and the pitch really gets on my thruppenys.

For the time it would take to do a bit of weeding, it would stop my OCD kicking in every match. Been like that for the last 3 or 4 years.

Cabbage East
22-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Get in touch with the club and volunteer. Seriously. Win win situation.

My gripe is the state of the catering setup, although having said that, I just don't use it.

1two
22-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Mine is the time to exit the East. People start leaving 5 mins early to walk down the stair and beat the crowd.

Also, the East PA system but that’s been done to death

BH Hibs
22-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Mine is the time to exit the East. People start leaving 5 mins early to walk down the stair and beat the crowd.

Also, the East PA system but that’s been done to death

It’s the ones who get up to leave then decide they’re going to stand on the stairs that do my head in. Saying that not sure what the club can do about it.

1two
22-08-2018, 10:26 AM
It’s the ones who get up to leave then decide they’re going to stand on the stairs that do my head in. Saying that not sure what the club can do about it.

Do away with a few seats up the back and build exit stairs from there down?

Or lots Big fireman’s poles?

Probably far to expensive for something so petty so I expect it’ll still be my gripe in 20 years time.

eastcoasthibby
22-08-2018, 10:35 AM

Stewards should do there jobs and tell them to keep moving ....

GreenCastle
22-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Food quality and variety plus the cost plus not taking contactless payments.

Terrible PA system in East - like the food been rubbish for years and not improved. Sort it out Hibs !!!!

Recycling - club needs to do more to stop littering and provide recycling bins.

Cycling access - safe bike storage to encourage fans to cycle

Go Green should be the campaign.

Singing section should be FF Lower

Empty seats in FF Lower when sold.

Just a few minor moans...

Keith_M
22-08-2018, 10:48 AM
The badge doesn't show up properly on a green top. They should reverse the colours, so the writing is green on a white background.

That's my 'petty gripe' for today :-)

Sean1875
22-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Ah good, a whole thread dedicated to moaning about things to do with Hibs, just what this place needs.

FifeHibs
22-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Ah good, a whole thread dedicated to moaning about things to do with Hibs, just what this place needs.

👍 Thread should be Shutdown. Always easier to moan than give credit.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Things are generally so good now that we are reduced to finding petty things to moan about. It was never like this under Fenlon or Butcher.

We need a really crap manager next just to get our mojo back.

Lendo
22-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Seagulls

SChibs
22-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Mentioned it plenty times on here already but fans that constantly slate the team whilst at the game get on my nerves. If you shout abuse, excessively/needlessly moan at players or do anything that could negatively affect our players then you aren't supporter. The clue being in the word SUPPORTer. Imo going to a game is about getting behind the team to help them win, a good game and being entertained is a welcome bonus.

Eaststandee
22-08-2018, 12:00 PM
What a strange thread to start :confused:

Austinho
22-08-2018, 12:03 PM
The fact the East Stand makes the ground so asymmetrical.

https://walkingtalkingblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/img_0065-1.jpg

The state of the Famous Five and Dunbar End roofs.

http://bolt.fo/uploads/news/easter-road-stadium.jpg

monarch
22-08-2018, 12:14 PM
The length of the queues for the toilet at half time, due to the sell out crowds, are a disgrace. Makes me long for the halcyon days of the bottom six and crowds of 8000.
Lennon - do something about it.

:confused:

SaulGoodman
22-08-2018, 12:15 PM
The fact that the clubs twitter states "The official account of the Scottish Cup winners 2016" even though it's two years later.

SaulGoodman
22-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Ps. I thought the thread was lighthearted, as in "the squad side is good so what do we have to moan about these days" type of thing.

Hibee87
22-08-2018, 12:17 PM

Could do with a lick of paint on the roof of the south and FF :greengrin

Austinho
22-08-2018, 12:32 PM
The badge doesn't show up properly on a green top. They should reverse the colours, so the writing is green on a white background.

That's my 'petty gripe' for today :-)My good deed for the day – demonstrating that this doesn't look good, so you can stress about it no more :wink:

https://i.imgur.com/aymoG2a.png

Only other option would be to put it in a white circle as shown above, or a shield like so:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4018/4406087550_e494861bba_b.jpg

Oscar T Grouch
22-08-2018, 12:33 PM

They were actually doing that on Sunday there, also stopping folk congregating in the disabled areas which annoyed a few grumpy hibbies.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-08-2018, 12:34 PM
seagulls

gulls.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2018, 12:36 PM

The fact that the FF and South don't extend all the way to the corners of the east stand, making it look slightly detached from the rest of the stadium and the fact that the roofs on both stands don't extend further outwards towards the pitch.

If the whole east cost 3 million quid then you are probably talking about a million quids worth of work because you could only extend the bottom deck of the south to meet the east and you wouldn't need any fixtures or fittings, just the basic seating decks and roof extension. It would make the stadium look far better.

allezsauzee
22-08-2018, 12:43 PM
the fact that i can't get a row of seats to myself any longer because we have a very watchable team and a feel good factor at the club. Boooo! bring back Pat Fenlon!

thebakerboy
22-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Wifi system in the stadium would be quite good as with the bigger crowds getting on phone for scores etc at half time is now not easy. Well the OP did ask for petty moans.

IGRIGI
22-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Been mentioned already but the amount of empty seats in the FF Lower, it's laughable to claim 18 / 19k plus etc if the FF lower is 80% empty.

I don't know why the club are so against moving the family area, surely it's better for the players to be playing towards a bouncing singing section rather than a half empty stand?

duffers
22-08-2018, 12:48 PM
I hate the fact we are decent now.

I remember when I used to walk into the harp and get a pint without a massive queue at the bar, stroll up to the ground at 5 to, and be in my seat for 4 to. Select a decent group of seats for a large sized group instead of being put on the wings of one of the stands, never fear about whether you are going to get a ticket for Tynecastle or not. Take 5 minutes after the game to get out Easter road and the surrounding areas instead of the half hour tailbacks. And then we've got the financial side of things, these European games and constant cup runs are costing a fortune.

Sort it out Hibs, time to get rid of Leeann, Lennon and the whole backroom staff :grr:

speedy_gonzales
22-08-2018, 12:53 PM

They were actually doing that on Sunday there, also stopping folk congregating in the disabled areas which annoyed a few grumpy hibbies.

I wasn't there on Sunday, so perhaps it's a new thing. On most match days, the stewards are already pitch side by the time the game ends so they're not in a position to manage the crowds.
I sit towards the bottom of section 39 in the East and due to the increased crowds attracted by the upturn in our teams performances, the congregators have become mildly irritating. Folk leave early but don't "leave" so they block the view of those seated or hinder the egress for those in wheelchairs who genuinely do want to leave so as to escape the crowds.

One Day Soon
22-08-2018, 12:56 PM
I've never been personally phoned to thank me for turning up every home game. Not once. Ungrateful ****s.

calumhibee1
22-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Seagulls

This in spades. ****ing *******s.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2018, 01:07 PM
I dont like that the east stand is higher then the west, a stupid mistake to make and plenty said so at the time.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Its about time Hibs played our home matches on the Fylde Coast.:wink:

Oscar T Grouch
22-08-2018, 01:14 PM
I wasn't there on Sunday, so perhaps it's a new thing. On most match days, the stewards are already pitch side by the time the game ends so they're not in a position to manage the crowds.
I sit towards the bottom of section 39 in the East and due to the increased crowds attracted by the upturn in our teams performances, the congregators have become mildly irritating. Folk leave early but don't "leave" so they block the view of those seated or hinder the egress for those in wheelchairs who genuinely do want to leave so as to escape the crowds.

I sit in section 38 behind the disabled area. A few weeks ago there was an official from Hibs in that area at the end of the match and as usual it was packed with early ‘leavers’. She looked shocked at the battle the wheelchair bound Hibbies had moving from that area so I think this is the upshot of that. They had 3 stewards literally block the entrance to the disabled area from about the 85th minute. It didn’t help the congestion on the stairs because there were loads hanging about on the stairs and stairwell. It’s good that something is getting done now. At least the club is addressing one of the problems in that area now.

Hibee87
22-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Been mentioned already but the amount of empty seats in the FF Lower, it's laughable to claim 18 / 19k plus etc if the FF lower is 80% empty.

I don't know why the club are so against moving the family area, surely it's better for the players to be playing towards a bouncing singing section rather than a half empty stand?

Is it not thats how many tickets have been sold, as apposed to how many actually turn up?

I agree the FF lower could be used better, the singing section for example want it.

As for the empty seats I know it used to have to do with something dodgy going on with kids tickets being purchased but Hibs put measures in place to stop this. I know they actively check the lights when you scan into the stand to catch any chancres out.

I am sitting there this season with my son, I would happily move. When i got my season ticket (Literally 3 or 4 days before the Motherwell game) I got the last 2 seats together with only a couple of single seats left dotted about. It will be interesting to see how full it is this week with majority of people all back and school and back from any summer holidays

oldbutdim
22-08-2018, 01:15 PM
I dont like that the east stand is higher then the west, a stupid mistake to make and plenty said so at the time.

Was that a mistake?

Can't say I'd noticed to be honest.

hibbyfraelibby
22-08-2018, 01:39 PM
My gripe us about the guys with sticks and crutches who insist on sitting two thirds of the way up the East in aisle seats who are physically incapable of getting down the stairs unaided or quickly at tge end of a game. You know who you are its not a recent issue for you.

heretoday
22-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Seagulls

They're gulls, not seagulls. Don't annoy them or they'll attack in formation.

tartanhibee
22-08-2018, 02:18 PM
The moan thread is bigger than the good thread.

Tells it’s own story 😂😂

SideBurns
22-08-2018, 02:30 PM
The ground is uphill from Robbie's Bar. I appreciate that this means it's downhill on the way back after the match, but I'd prefer if it was just a straight road. One for the fans reps, perhaps?

Callyballybe
22-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Or lots Big fireman’s poles?

Yes! As someone who sits at the back of the East, this is a cracking idea!

Inconsequential
22-08-2018, 02:35 PM
I dont like that the east stand is higher then the west, a stupid mistake to make and plenty said so at the time. Is it higher? I don't think it is. The original plan was to build an identical two tier stand to the west. The cheaper option was built because the planning permission deadline was expiring. The reason given for the single tier stand was to replicate the huge terracing on the east.

Inconsequential
22-08-2018, 02:44 PM
When some of our support suggest to fill in the corners of the stadium when two of the stands have corners 'missing' to stay within the boundaries. They were deliberately built this way!

we are hibs
22-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Imagine Easter road if all 4 stands were one tiered...

People who stand up as soon as hibs enter the opposition's half. I get when there is a chance but some people take it to extremes. The lighting at the back of the East needs improved l. The huns game in December was like ice skating in the dark

Hibs90
22-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Getting out the East at FT
People arriving late then fannying around trying to find their seat

Pagan Hibernia
22-08-2018, 04:28 PM
The fact that we almost always play well at Ibrox and parkhead these days, with freedom, fluency and panache, yet we’re still utterly incapable of turning out a decent performance in the hovel across town.

annoys the pish out of me.

MyJo
22-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Is it higher? I don't think it is. The original plan was to build an identical two tier stand to the west. The cheaper option was built because the planning permission deadline was expiring. The reason given for the single tier stand was to replicate the huge terracing on the east.

I believe planning permission was given for a two tier West Stand replica and it was changed to be a single tier stand after feedback/requests from the fans.

Although the single tier option proved to be cheaper I think the club were all set to go ahead with the two tier plans anyway as approved.

jacomo
22-08-2018, 04:55 PM
They're gulls, not seagulls. Don't annoy them or they'll attack in formation.

Can’t we train them to attack opposition players and fans?

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2018, 05:04 PM
Gulls? Really? Name another type of gull without looking it up!

They’re ****** seagulls to folk that aren’t addicted to Attenborough programmes!

Keith_M
22-08-2018, 05:10 PM
My good deed for the day – demonstrating that this doesn't look good, so you can stress about it no more :wink:

https://i.imgur.com/aymoG2a.png

Only other option would be to put it in a white circle as shown above, or a shield like so:

I like the middle one

:greengrin

Keith_M
22-08-2018, 05:14 PM

Totally agree.

If anybody can't see it, they need to get their eyes tested.

Hibby70
22-08-2018, 05:18 PM
That awful George Ezra song. Made worse by the fact that the guy behind me sings along to it.

Play some punk for gawds sake. We're not all 15 year old radio one listeners.

Argylehibby
22-08-2018, 05:26 PM
not keeping this up to date..

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures

CentreLine
22-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Imagine Easter road if all 4 stands were on tier

Then it would look like Tynecastle. 🤔

hibbyfraelibby
22-08-2018, 05:48 PM
That awful George Ezra song. Made worse by the fact that the guy behind me sings along to it.

15yo dont listen to the "wireless" far less Radio 1. Deezer the facts and if I you Spotify you I'll Prime you to get it right.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Has anyone mentioned the price of the Hibs oven gloves yet? :greengrin

SeanWilson
22-08-2018, 06:21 PM
I much preferred it when we were ***** and nobody came to the games. Had the pick of the seats and really enjoyed shouting abuse at the rank rotten team. Gutted I've got to sit next to lots of happy hibees and enjoy a match shouting encouragement 🙄

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Why the club DJ always plays the wrong song at the wrong time.

Particularly that stupid bloody 'having a party' song - it's NEVER EVEN BEEN A FITBA SONG!

Onion
22-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Seagulls

+1 Bird of prey required.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2018, 07:42 PM

Particularly that stupid bloody 'having a party' song - it's NEVER EVEN BEEN A FITBA SONG!

Wimpy adverts from the late 80s.

Eyrie
22-08-2018, 08:15 PM

Agree.

Punk, metal or thrash only please. Except for big wins when SOL is tolerable.

erin go bragh
22-08-2018, 08:24 PM
When some of our support suggest to fill in the corners of the stadium when two of the stands have corners 'missing' to stay within the boundaries. They were deliberately built this way!
Could still fill in two corners :na na: :)

connor24
22-08-2018, 08:39 PM
not being able to watch the games on hibs tv live......

why!!!!!!!!!!

Jamesie
22-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Is it higher? I don't think it is. The original plan was to build an identical two tier stand to the west. The cheaper option was built because the planning permission deadline was expiring. The reason given for the single tier stand was to replicate the huge terracing on the east.

I recall at the AGM a season or so after the East was opened a board member saying that a global depression in steel prices (I think caused by China offloading substantial stock onto the markets) meant that there was no option but to build the stand when we did - it would never have been built as cost effectively again.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2018, 09:24 PM
I recall at the AGM a season or so after the East was opened a board member saying that a global depression in steel prices (I think caused by China offloading substantial stock onto the markets) meant that there was no option but to build the stand when we did - it would never have been built as cost effectively again.

I think board members have had a habit of telling us what suited them.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2018, 08:02 AM

why!!!!!!!!!!
This has pissed me off many times in the past.

If you are on holiday all you get is audio although I do remember one year watching a playoff at new brockville in Portugal on HIBS TV.

Is it possible to buy an international membership which I understand to be £120 to watch all games live even although you are based in the UK or do you have to be based abroad?

Need to get this sorted nothing worse than kicking your heels about the house taking it out on the Mrs when the boys are playing away from home! :wink:

calumhibee1
23-08-2018, 08:08 AM
This has pissed me off many times in the past.

If you are on holiday all you get is audio although I do remember one year watching a playoff at new brockville in Portugal on HIBS TV.

Is it possible to buy an international membership which I understand to be £120 to watch all games live even although you are based in the UK or do you have to be based abroad?

Need to get this sorted nothing worse than kicking your heels about the house taking it out on the Mrs when the boys are playing away from home! :wink:

You can buy a one month international membership if you’re on holiday. Don’t need to be based abroad, just need to have an IP address that’s abroad when you’re watching it. Think it’s about a tenner?

It should be a requirement for every Scottish Premiership team to have facilities for streaming games online to overseas viewers and then to share these facilities with the away team IMO.

Keith_M
23-08-2018, 08:11 AM
The missing letters on the steps.

The 'old' badge on the girders at the back of the South & FF Stands.

A total lack of sexy Cheerleaders at games.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2018, 08:12 AM
You can buy a one month international membership if you’re on holiday. Don’t need to be based abroad, just need to have an IP address that’s abroad when you’re watching it. Think it’s about a tenner?

It should be a requirement for every Scottish Premiership team to have facilities for streaming games online to overseas viewers and then to share these facilities with the away team IMO.
What’s an IP address?

I was born in the fifties.

Will my iPad mini do? :wink:

Keith_M
23-08-2018, 08:14 AM
What’s an IP address?

No, iPads don't have IP Adresses. They're made by Apple and they like to be different.

You can get one, but I think it costs you an extra 150 quid or so.

calumhibee1
23-08-2018, 08:17 AM
What’s an IP address?

It’s basically a digital address that will tell Hibs TV your location. If you’re on holiday abroad then you’ll be able to watch the game live - presuming Hibs TV has access to a live stream. All home games will be live and a few away games, problem is that a lot of teams don’t have the facilities. Hibs TV will then only be able to give audio commentary, even to international subscribers.

I’ve never used an iPad for it, only ever a MacBook but I would think it would be fine? I’m sure there’ll be an overseas Hibee would be able to confirm!

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I reckon the OP would like to watch all HIBS home and away games on HIBS TV while based in the UK as part of his package so might mean an increase in subscription if at all possible obviously this might mean infringing SFA rules and other cable providers Sky/BT Sports agreed rights of contract.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2018, 08:20 AM
No, iPads don't have IP Adresses. They're made by Apple and they like to be different.

You can get one, but I think it costs you an extra 150 quid or so.
:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
23-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Many thanks for getting back to me.

I reckon the OP would like to watch all HIBS home and away games on HIBS TV while based in the UK as part of his package so might mean an increase in subscription if at all possible obviously this might mean infringing SFA rules and other cable providers Sky/BT Sports agreed rights of contract.

If that’s the case and he’s in the UK then he won’t be able to. Unless theres a wee bit jiggery pokery with his IP address to make Hibs TV think he’s outside the UK even though he’s not, although I’m not sure if Hibs TV blocks that.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2018, 08:27 AM
The missing letters on the steps.

The 'old' badge on the girders at the back of the South & FF Stands.

A total lack of sexy Cheerleaders at games.
I quite like the old badge on the girders reminds me of our past.

I noticed that the new HIBS beer available to purchase in hospitality features the old HIBS beer label badge.

Rumour has it that when HIBS took down the old Irish Harp badge from the entrance to the old main stand in an effort to become more anglicised in the early 1920s an old Irish gypsy woman hit us with the Scottish Cup curse we only won it when the harp reappeared on our crest. We don’t want to go through all that again :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Totally agree.

If anybody can't see it, they need to get their eyes tested.

Yip, its so bad it actually takes my eyes off whats going on on the park, shoddy workmanship if you ask me. I'd knock them down and build them properly again.

.Sean.
23-08-2018, 08:58 AM

This - nobody in their right mind wants to listen too Radio 1esque pish. Get some Oasis on.

.Sean.
23-08-2018, 08:59 AM

why!!!!!!!!!!
This stopped years ago. I mind when I had my season ticket in the F5 you could watch the game when getting your pie.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Anyone remember when the DJ used to play Teenage Kicks by the Undertones (John Peels all time fav) and Tony Mowbrays teenagers used to run oot!

Who said you win nothing with kids?

The 2007 League Cup win is their legacy!

Iggy Pope
23-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Gripe. I sat at the front of the FF Upper and the boundary wall capping is covered in years old ****. The place never gets cleaned.

Greenbeard
23-08-2018, 12:43 PM
The moan thread is bigger than the good thread.

Tells it’s own story 😂😂
Noted that myself but a quick bit of research shows that a lot of the posts on the moan thread are folk moanin' about folk moanin'!
Some say folk have a right to moan ie they are moanin' about folk moanin' about folk moanin'.

Chic Murray
23-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Grown men, showing up to the football in shorts. It's just wrong, and I will welcome some cold weather for the sake of their dignity.

jacomo
23-08-2018, 01:15 PM

This is deliberate.

It’s exactly the same height as the proposed heli pad for the West Stand roof.

Unfortunately that project has been indefinitely delayed because not enough people bought into Petrie’s vision.

Gatecrasher
23-08-2018, 01:24 PM
that BTG is rubbish and looking shabby now. a renovation is badly needed.