PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm Fixtures & Europa League - Date Changes

Jamesie
20-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Just looking at the UEFA website and I see Thursday 25 October and Thursday 13 December are Europa League nights - which means if the OF make the group stages our home fixtures against Rangers will be moved to Sunday 28 October and against Celtic to Sunday 16 December respectively. Thought worth flagging this now for anyone needing to book travel etc.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Just looking at the UEFA website and I see Thursday 25 October and Thursday 13 December are Europa League nights - which means if the OF make the group stages our home fixtures against Rangers will be moved to Sunday 28 October and against Celtic to Sunday 16 December respectively. Thought worth flagging this now for anyone needing to book travel etc.

That weekend is also the League Cup Semi weekend so it would be moved again because of that should either team or both get there.

EDIT, I think you can guarantee the rangers will be in the semis to be honest

BH Hibs
20-08-2018, 05:45 PM
They probably would have been moved for TV anyway.

Dublin07
20-08-2018, 08:15 PM
That weekend is also the League Cup Semi weekend so it would be moved again because of that should either team or both get there.

EDIT, I think you can guarantee the rangers will be in the semis to be honest

This could turn into a bit of a farce. If they both play groups games in Europa league on the 25th and both make semi of league cup but don't draw each other i.e Hibs v celtic and hearts v rangers then there cant be a Saturday game and we play hearts on the Wednesday so none of us can be moved to the Monday.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 08:21 PM
This could turn into a bit of a farce. If they both play groups games in Europa league on the 25th and both make semi of league cup but don't draw each other i.e Hibs v celtic and hearts v rangers then there cant be a Saturday game and we play hearts on the Wednesday so none of us can be moved to the Monday.

One would possibly be moved to Murrayfield on the Sunday,

BH Hibs
20-08-2018, 08:29 PM
One would possibly be moved to Murrayfield on the Sunday,

Ooffttt. The blazers would love that.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Ooffttt. The blazers would love that.

Where else and when would you play it? Theres no way the police would allow 2 semi finals in Glasgow on the same day, one at Hampden and one at either Parkhead or Ibrox.

Dancehibs
20-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Where else and when would you play it? Theres no way the police would allow 2 semi finals in Glasgow on the same day, one at Hampden and one at either Parkhead or Ibrox.
No chance a game will be at Murrayfield. Games would get played on different weekends. Lots of football to get played until that secnario happens

Jumbo
20-08-2018, 08:37 PM

How about a double header at Hampden :stirrer:

BH Hibs
20-08-2018, 08:53 PM

No idea and I’m not disagreeing either but I think they would do everything to avoid it including a change of date.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 09:00 PM
No chance a game will be at Murrayfield. Games would get played on different weekends. Lots of football to get played until that secnario happens

That would create another fixture problem though.

Iggy Pope
20-08-2018, 10:00 PM
One of the semi finals could easily move to midweek. Most of us grew up with it like this. Anyone over the age of 10 in fact..

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:05 PM
One of the semi finals could easily move to midweek. Most of us grew up with it like this. Anyone over the age of 10 in fact..

Theres a full card the Midweek after though. We are away to Hearts.

Sioux
20-08-2018, 10:06 PM

Carnage on here if a Hibs semi got moved to midweek?
:greengrin

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Carnage on here if a Hibs semi got moved to midweek?
:greengrin

Imagine the Hearts game got moved for a semi. Oft!! :greengrin

james62
20-08-2018, 10:11 PM
How about a double header at Hampden :stirrer:

Imagine that, 1 ticket gets everyone for both games 😂

Iggy Pope
20-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Theres a full card the Midweek after though. We are away to Hearts.

Easily rescheduled. Something else we also grew up with.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Easily rescheduled. Something else we also grew up with.

I'm not too fussy anyway, lots of ifs and buts before this scenario arises.

davhibby
20-08-2018, 10:38 PM
If that happens it will be BT that decide when the other game is played. Don't think they'd be too happy with it being midweek

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:58 PM
If that happens it will be BT that decide when the other game is played. Don't think they'd be too happy with it being midweek

Nah it wont be like, The SPFL will have to work out when the match(s) can be played taking into account league and European fixtures. Not when it suits BT sport to show matches. Lets not forget the fans. They have to be considered as well although this rarely happens now.

B.H.F.C
20-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Nah it wont be like, The SPFL will have to work out when the match(s) can be played taking into account league and European fixtures. Not when it suits BT sport to show matches. Lets not forget the fans. They have to be considered as well although this rarely happens now.

Unless they have a contractual obligation with BT to play it on the pre arranged dates. Which is probably quite likely seen as they happily take the money from BT.

Dav1986
20-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Would they not rearrange on of their Europa league games to the Tuesday or Wednesday before? Sure I've saw Europa games on those days in the past?

BH Hibs
21-08-2018, 12:04 AM
If they were both drawn to be at home that night they probably would have to do that anyway. Still hoping they get papped out this round though.