PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen dot count

GreenCastle
20-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Let's sell this one out!

A chance to go top of the league :greengrin

I'm glad the game is on a Saturday at 3pm - our last Saturday 3pm game was 8th July v Blackburn!

Most home stands looking pretty full - few remaining in East at the ends - same with West Stand. Famous Five mostly singles.

Expecting a good game and atmosphere - with the usual debate about how many fans Aberdeen will bring. :rolleyes:

So over to the official dot counters to provide an update - thanks :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Having to miss this one because I'm at a wedding all day which I didn't realise until last night …. fing raging !!! :grr:

Going to give my ST away to a mate though so at least my seat will be occupied :greengrin

Frazerbob
20-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Aberdeen tickets are now available for their lowest loyalty points band but are expected to sell out before general sale.

CB_NO3
20-08-2018, 10:48 AM
The Blackburn game was a Sunday btw ;)

murray26
20-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Are we getting any of the south stand..?

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Aberdeen sales have went to their lowest loyalty point wave so far, not sure if they've been given the whole South end or not.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Are we getting any of the south stand..?

Won't open it until we sell out the home stands

JeMeSouviens
20-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Mon 20 Aug 12:00:25 BST 2018
West
5788 not for sale
209 available

FF
3677 not for sale
79 available

East
6114 not for sale
207 available

South
3932 not for sale
0 available

Total
19543 not for sale
495 available

adhibs
20-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Really good already. Getting half the south looks a certainty.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Why bump the child ticket prices up by £2 on match day? We should be encouraging the younger generation, not putting them off by charging them more to walk up and pay in.

Hibernian take on Aberdeen at Easter Road Stadium on Saturday 25 August (3pm kick-off) in what is set to be an entertaining Ladbrokes Premiership encounter.
Tickets for the match against Derek McInnes’ men have been selling well and there is limited availability in the Famous Five, West and East Stands, with Easter Road set to be packed once again.
Supporters can purchase tickets in-person from the Hibernian Ticket Office during opening hours, call 0844 844 1875 and selecting option 1, or by purchasing online (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/2427) – allowing you to print the tickets out at home and skip the matchday queues at the Ticket Office.
Ticket Prices:
Adults: £23
Concessions: £14
Child: £12 (before matchday), £14 (on matchday)

Juniper Greens
20-08-2018, 11:08 AM
We have only given them half the south
https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/08/20/ticket-details-hibernian-v-aberdeen-saturday-25th-august/

lucky
20-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Might miss this game due to work commitments was hoping that it would have been Sunday but such is life.

Juniper Greens
20-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Why bump the child ticket prices up by £2 on match day? We should be encouraging the younger generation, not putting them off by charging them more to walk up and pay in.

Hibernian take on Aberdeen at Easter Road Stadium on Saturday 25 August (3pm kick-off) in what is set to be an entertaining Ladbrokes Premiership encounter.
Tickets for the match against Derek McInnes’ men have been selling well and there is limited availability in the Famous Five, West and East Stands, with Easter Road set to be packed once again.
Supporters can purchase tickets in-person from the Hibernian Ticket Office during opening hours, call 0844 844 1875 and selecting option 1, or by purchasing online (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/2427) – allowing you to print the tickets out at home and skip the matchday queues at the Ticket Office.
Ticket Prices:
Adults: £23
Concessions: £14
Child: £12 (before matchday), £14 (on matchday)

It's more a £2 discount for committing early. I think it's a great idea as it encourages people to buy in advance

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 11:14 AM
We have only given them half the south
https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/08/20/ticket-details-hibernian-v-aberdeen-saturday-25th-august/

:aok:

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 11:15 AM
It's more a £2 discount for committing early. I think it's a great idea as it encourages people to buy in advance

Should just leave it at £12.

madhibby
20-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Mon 20 Aug 12:00:25 BST 2018
West
5788 not for sale
209 available

FF
3677 not for sale
79 available

East
6114 not for sale
207 available

South
3932 not for sale
0 available

Total
19543 not for sale
495 available

Hibs have released 60 tickets in the “hospitality” section of the West stand - section 51 so availability is now:

West 287
FF 74
East 194

Total 555

But Home ends should be sold out by Saturday and then the South stand opened for Hibs fans.

Stokesy's on fire
20-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Ticket purchased for the other half in the East stand wasnt many options left. surely the south will be required for our support?

PatHead
20-08-2018, 01:48 PM

Been an advocate of a discount for buying tickets before match day. It would mean people wouldn’t change their mind if the weather was poor meaning an increased average attendance. It would also mean an increase in gate money.

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Been an advocate of a discount for buying tickets before match day. It would mean people wouldn’t change their mind if the weather was poor meaning an increased average attendance. It would also mean an increase in gate money.

How would that impact on the discount that ST holders get, though? LD has always been keen to preserve their benefits.

PatHead
20-08-2018, 01:56 PM
How would that impact on the discount that ST holders get, though? LD has always been keen to preserve their benefits.

The discount would be £23, the normal price. On match day increase it to £25.

bod
20-08-2018, 02:02 PM

happens at a lot of events , great idea

JeMeSouviens
21-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Tue 21 Aug 10:10:53 BST 2018
West
5783 not for sale
214 available

FF
3697 not for sale
59 available

East
6111 not for sale
210 available

South
3932 not for sale
0 available

Total
19555 not for sale
483 available

itslegaltender
21-08-2018, 09:45 AM
They need to open up the South for sale, I know a few people waiting for them.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 10:29 AM
They need to open up the South for sale, I know a few people waiting for them.

With nearly 500 still available in the 3 home stands the South won't be opened until these are pretty much sold.

1van Sprou7e
21-08-2018, 10:32 AM
With nearly 500 still available in the 3 home stands the South won't be opened until these are pretty much sold.

They really need to start opening the south earlier

No one wants to sit at the very edges of the east or west

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 10:37 AM

We'll no sell out if open the South earlier though. They may not want to sit the but these seats need to be sold.

green day
21-08-2018, 11:06 AM

Agreed, and its a "double" encouragement as the adult will buy a ticket (full price) early too :thumbsup:

As for discounts for adults, I dont really mind as long as overall they wont get a better deal than my ST cost, that would be pretty unfair.

ST still has other advantages - same seat, first dibs on semi/final tickets etc, better pies............

snedzuk
21-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Ticket purchased for the other half in the East stand wasnt many options left. surely the south will be required for our support?

Is your seat in the West?

Carheenlea
21-08-2018, 11:17 AM
I’d open up the South a lot earlier than we do. Out tickets are the same price regardless of quality of view, so surprised we don’t give our own fans the chance to buy better seats in the South a bit further in advance. Could actually increases sales.

04Sauzee
21-08-2018, 11:32 AM
I’d open up the South a lot earlier than we do. Out tickets are the same price regardless of quality of view, so surprised we don’t give our own fans the chance to buy better seats in the South a bit further in advance. Could actually increases sales.

100% agree with this

RobR27
21-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Think there's a fair bit of cost to splitting the south that they don't want to do unless they absolutely need to. It probably barely pays for itself to be honest.

Radium
21-08-2018, 11:42 AM

Would also be good to allow the ST returns at an earlier point. The 3 available stands are currently over 96% sold, so having seats that will be unused available would give those still waiting a better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2018, 11:56 AM
We'll no sell out if open the South earlier though. They may not want to sit the but these seats need to be sold.

Nobody is saying stop selling the 400 tickets in the home stands just open up the South as well.

Dancehibs
21-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Think there's a fair bit of cost to splitting the south that they don't want to do unless they absolutely need to. It probably barely pays for itself to be honest.

that seems a fair point. also, as we are close to match day and stil haven't sold out the three stands. For old firm games I suspect they will get the whole of the south, to stop club loosing income.

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Agreed there will be some cost (extra stewarding) but Easter Road has been built with this design in mind. Home fans can easily enter and exit via the East Stand entrance. I'd be surprised if the cost to do this is high.

B.H.F.C
21-08-2018, 12:44 PM
that seems a fair point. also, as we are close to match day and stil haven't sold out the three stands. For old firm games I suspect they will get the whole of the south, to stop club loosing income.

I don’t think the Aberdeen game has been in anyone’s thoughts until yesterday though.

In the last 6 weeks we’ve had 3 European games, a league game, a league cup game and a testimonial at home. So not being completely sold out at this point is understandable IMO.

Most of the seats left will likely be singles or have poor views which may put some off buying. There will be Hibs fans in the south on Saturday IMO.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Agreed there will be some cost (extra stewarding) but Easter Road has been built with this design in mind. Home fans can easily enter and exit via the East Stand entrance. I'd be surprised if the cost to do this is high.

They can now but that wasn't so easy prior to the new East being built.

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Yeah agreed this wasn't something we could do proir to re-development.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Yeah agreed this wasn't something we could do proir to re-development.

We did do it under Mowbray as we had Cat B season tickets in the South but it would have been a logistical nightmare segregating fans outside the stand.

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2018, 02:21 PM
We did do it under Mowbray as we had Cat B season tickets in the South but it would have been a logistical nightmare segregating fans outside the stand.

Easy now however

Dancehibs
21-08-2018, 02:35 PM
I don’t think the Aberdeen game has been in anyone’s thoughts until yesterday though.

In the last 6 weeks we’ve had 3 European games, a league game, a league cup game and a testimonial at home. So not being completely sold out at this point is understandable IMO.

Most of the seats left will likely be singles or have poor views which may put some off buying. There will be Hibs fans in the south on Saturday IMO.
Definitely. Been expensive time. Hopefully fill a few sections

jgl07
21-08-2018, 02:46 PM

The reason they haven't sold out is because the seats left are not the best. In the main they are in Sections 01 and 15. the rest are odd seats here and there.

Most are waiting for the South Stand to be opened before buying.

They should keep the remaining seats for the pods and open the South.

GreenCastle
21-08-2018, 03:11 PM
The website says -

The Famous Five lower (Sections 16-20) is our family section. A child / youth ticket must be purchased alongside an adult / over 65 / student.

I've just looked and only single seats left in FF lower - so how is an adult / over 65 / student meant to sit with a kid ??

BTW - I have a ST but asking as surely this doesn't make sense?

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2018, 05:11 PM
The reason they haven't sold out is because the seats left are not the best. In the main they are in Sections 01 and 15. the rest are odd seats here and there.

Most are waiting for the South Stand to be opened before buying.

They should keep the remaining seats for the pods and open the South.

I think now that we have the demand we do, we are going to have to get used to this game of brinkmanship between walk up fans who obviously want good seats (and therefore the South tickets on sale quickly) and the club, who (also not unreasonably) want to sell out the home stands first.

we are hibs
21-08-2018, 05:15 PM

The views from the ends of both stands if you are high enough up are probably better than most in the south lower

SirDavidsNapper
21-08-2018, 07:01 PM
The views from the ends of both stands if you are high enough up are probably better than most in the south lower

I was in the south end of the east stand against Celtic last season. Couldn't see the Celtic fans at all. Fantastic.

jgl07
21-08-2018, 07:33 PM

It wasn't possible. You could only enter the South Stand via the rear of the West Stand.

I had a Category B season ticket ticket back then and it was a nightmare in a match against Aberdeen as the police would not allow Hibs fans from the South to leave until 15 minutes after the Aberdeen support had gone.

Even more annoyingly they wouldn't even let us go inside to the toilet. I think that was a decision by the knuckleheaded Constable. He kept blithering on about it being a Category A match. I tried to explain that I had a Category B season ticket to no avail.

jgl07
21-08-2018, 07:47 PM
The website says -

The Famous Five lower (Sections 16-20) is our family section. A child / youth ticket must be purchased alongside an adult / over 65 / student.

I've just looked and only single seats left in FF lower - so how is an adult / over 65 / student meant to sit with a kid ??

BTW - I have a ST but asking as surely this doesn't make sense?

The knuckleheads from the singing section must bear responsibility for this.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Can see Aberdeen selling out their allocation.

wearethehibs
21-08-2018, 08:09 PM
The knuckleheads from the singing section must bear responsibility for this.

No thats incorrect. This was a rule that was widely known by all in the Hibs support.

Nevi_SOL
21-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Agreed first sell out of the season?

wallpaperman
21-08-2018, 08:18 PM

They have been given 1900 tickets, so assume segregated same way as Rangers game on last day of season as think that's the number they were given.

i think they will sell that out, seems about the right number they should be able to shift.

With segregation, that will leave about 1700 for Hibs fans? Seems plenty and gives scope for a good walk up crowd.

hibbyfraelibby
21-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Nobody is saying stop selling the 400 tickets in the home stands just open up the South as well.

South Stand should only be for walk ups on the day unless rest of stadium sold out.

madhibby
21-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Just over 300 (311 to be exact) tickets left made up of:

West 155
Famous Five 44
East 112

Total 311

With over 150 tickets sold today - so likely sell out and South stand tickets available on match day. Knowing Hibs they might find another 100 tickets to offer to fans in the home stands but sell out still on the cards.

hfc rd
21-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Just over 300 (311 to be exact) tickets left made up of:

West 155
Famous Five 44
East 112

Total 311

With over 150 tickets sold today - so likely sell out and South stand tickets available on match day. Knowing Hibs they might find another 100 tickets to offer to fans in the home stands but sell out still on the cards.

Could be our biggest crowd of the season so far. Aberdeen normally do bring a big away support with them which is good.

ACLeith
22-08-2018, 05:36 AM
I will be starting my holiday, so have E-Mailed the ticket office to allow them to release my ST seat. It would be fantastic to get a "bums on seats" full house, rather than the usual "tickets sold" one

Dancehibs
22-08-2018, 06:11 AM
South Stand should only be for walk ups on the day unless rest of stadium sold out.
How many fans do hibs cater for? How many stewards needed ? Etc there wasn’t that many hibs fans in the south for Motherwell game . It can end up being a costly excercise if it ment we could have sold more tickets to Aberdeen fans

Gloucester Hibs
22-08-2018, 06:46 AM
How many fans do hibs cater for? How many stewards needed ? Etc there wasn’t that many hibs fans in the south for Motherwell game . It can end up being a costly excercise if it ment we could have sold more tickets to Aberdeen fans

I agree. Do Aberdeen give us any indication of demand for tickets at their end? For instance, if their initial allocation went fairly quickly I'd be inclined just to give them the entire south stand. Hibs have shown previously they're prepared to take small hit on gate receipts to get more Hibs fans in the ground but it's a bit of a balancing act.

Juniper Greens
22-08-2018, 06:51 AM
I agree. Do Aberdeen give us any indication of demand for tickets at their end? For instance, if their initial allocation went fairly quickly I'd be inclined just to give them the entire south stand. Hibs have shown previously they're prepared to take small hit on gate receipts to get more Hibs fans in the ground but it's a bit of a balancing act.

I think they struggled to sell what they had. Went on general sale rather than loyalty points in the end

Frazerbob
22-08-2018, 06:51 AM
Aberdeen tickets now on general sale so they’ve not sold out yet.

Keith_M
22-08-2018, 07:52 AM

Why? What if people prefer sitting in the South Lower than at the ends of the East or West?

It's going to be opened at some point, so why not just get it done now and save any mad rush the day before the game.

Keith_M
22-08-2018, 07:58 AM

If Hibs sell tickets for the two sections nearest the East Stand, there'll still be an additional 400 seats to give to Aberdeen... if they sell out their allocation, which they haven't done yet.

I was in that area when we played Aberdeen a year ago and we sold nearly 600 tickets to Hibs supporters, which more than covers any costs incurred.

Winston Ingram
22-08-2018, 08:44 AM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1032182821937405952?s=20

80 left in the east as of 10 mins ago.

Sean1875
22-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Would expect to see tickets for the South go on sale later today.

Is Aberdeen still considered a potential 'trouble' game for supporters? i.e requiring them to access the South via the gate at the back of the East stand rather than the normal route?

JeMeSouviens
22-08-2018, 10:01 AM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1032182821937405952?s=20

80 left in the east as of 10 mins ago.

They obv didn't do a dot count - it's 98 :-)

Since90+2
22-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Is Aberdeen still considered a potential 'trouble' game for supporters? i.e requiring them to access the South via the gate at the back of the East stand rather than the normal route?

Yes. Supporters will need to access and leave the south stand via the east.

JeMeSouviens
22-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Wed 22 Aug 11:00:24 BST 2018
West
5868 not for sale
129 available

FF
3721 not for sale
35 available

East
6223 not for sale
98 available

South
3932 not for sale
0 available

Total
19776 not for sale
262 available

eastcoasthibby
22-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Would expect to see tickets for the South go on sale later today.

There is potential bother from a section of their support constantly, think I read there was trouble away at Burnley and last week against Dundee as well.

Sean1875
22-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Yes. Supporters will need to access and leave the south stand via the east.

There is potential bother from a section of their support constantly, think I read there was trouble away at Burnley and last week against Dundee as well.

Fair play, obviously a bit of history between our two supports which is why I suspected as much :agree:

JeMeSouviens
22-08-2018, 11:10 AM
South stand is open ...

Wed 22 Aug 12:09:46 BST 2018
West
5872 not for sale
125 available

FF
3722 not for sale
34 available

East
6223 not for sale
98 available

South
3521 not for sale
411 available

Total
19370 not for sale
668 available

Carheenlea
22-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Fair play, obviously a bit of history between our two supports which is why I suspected as much :agree:

A lot of history, but I don’t think there has been much trouble between the two clubs in modern times. Probably still makes sense to segregate fans immediately outside to avoid any potential flashpoints.

04Sauzee
22-08-2018, 11:38 AM
South stand is open ...

Wed 22 Aug 12:09:46 BST 2018
West
5872 not for sale
125 available

FF
3722 not for sale
34 available

East
6223 not for sale
98 available

South
3521 not for sale
411 available

Total
19370 not for sale
668 available

So around 16K before adding the Aberdeen support and any more sales/walk ups. Probably looking at around the 18K mark for this. :applause:

007 Mickey Weir
22-08-2018, 11:40 AM
A lot of history, but I don’t think there has been much trouble between the two clubs in modern times. Probably still makes sense to segregate fans immediately outside to avoid any potential flashpoints.

I think the police demand that Hibs fans have to enter/exit via the back of the East Stand. Which is fair.

Hopefully we sales start to move again now that people can buy seats together rather than single seats

007 Mickey Weir
22-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Aberdeen have sold out their 1900 allocation now. So should be a cracking game.

Garymcl
22-08-2018, 11:52 AM
No excuses for this game 3pm Saturday team playing well feel good factor continues against one of our rivals for 2nd/ 3rd place gonna be a cracking atmosphere let's sell this out canny wait Ggtth

lord bunberry
22-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Will I be able to leave the West and walk round to the car park at the retail park after the game?

JimBHibees
22-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Will I be able to leave the West and walk round to the car park at the retail park after the game?

Yes but you will need to wait until Aberdeen fans have gone.

lord bunberry
22-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Yes but you will need to wait until Aberdeen fans have gone.
Cheers. Hopefully we’re a few goals ahead and they leave early :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
22-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Why? What if people prefer sitting in the South Lower than at the ends of the East or West?

It's going to be opened at some point, so why not just get it done now and save any mad rush the day before the game.

Why? Because the South Stand (East) is overspill for a sold out East, West and FF stands. By not putting tickets on sale before match day or before a sell out you ensure a sale because if you are really determined to go you'll want to guarantee a seat.

It costs money to open it and police the segregation and cater it and it give the club flexibility to maximise revenue.

There are very very few genuine hold outs waiting for the South to open because they "prefer" it. The club must have a pretty good idea from the data they have available to predict attendance and pretty much every game where we open the South our home support has only marginally exceeded the capacity of the other 3 stands, and on a couple of instances it hadnt. Thats wasted money that can be spent on the playing side.

Lets get out of the mindset of expecting the opening of the South and get the other 3 rammed first. Those that want to play russian roulette and risk not getting a ticket in advance can take their chance at a walk up opening decision less than 24hrs to KO.

Wakeyhibee
22-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Why? Because the South Stand (East) is overspill for a sold out East, West and FF stands. By not putting tickets on sale before match day or before a sell out you ensure a sale because if you are really determined to go you'll want to guarantee a seat.

It costs money to open it and police the segregation and cater it and it give the club flexibility to maximise revenue.

There are very very few genuine hold outs waiting for the South to open because they "prefer" it. The club must have a pretty good idea from the data they have available to predict attendance and pretty much every game where we open the South our home support has only marginally exceeded the capacity of the other 3 stands, and on a couple of instances it hadnt. Thats wasted money that can be spent on the playing side.

Lets get out of the mindset of expecting the opening of the South and get the other 3 rammed first. Those that want to play russian roulette and risk not getting a ticket in advance can take their chance at a walk up opening decision less than 24hrs to KO.

I think its sensible to open it when tickets sales reach a point where there are less than say 500 and are single seats only.

It will only discourage or postpone couples or groups buying tickets till last minute, it may even deter them.

In a 1/3 full ER on Sunday did any of the catering close because of low ticket sales?

Davie1875
22-08-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm just trying to buy my ticket online now, for the last 3 games I've been able to collect at the ticket office, now I'm only getting delivery or print at home, anyone else been able to get the collection option?

Chuck Rhoades
22-08-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm just trying to buy my ticket online now, for the last 3 games I've been able to collect at the ticket office, now I'm only getting delivery or print at home, anyone else been able to get the collection option?

Tested it on Section 25 with an Adult and got the same as you. Strange.

hibbyfraelibby
22-08-2018, 07:25 PM

Did they not put out a message about no ticket collevtion recently or is that the Betfred game?

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2018, 07:31 PM
I can only get the postal option.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

KingFranck
23-08-2018, 06:55 AM

I’m sure I read on here at some point that you could use print at home then bring the ticket up on your phone and use that at the scanner. Can anyone confirm that works as I’ve not personally tried it as I have a printer or add tickets to my season ticket?

Mr_F
23-08-2018, 06:58 AM
I’m sure I read on here at some point that you could use print at home then bring the ticket up on your phone and use that at the scanner. Can anyone confirm that works as I’ve not personally tried it as I have a printer or add tickets to my season ticket?

Using your phone works 100%.

Unless it’s a Nokia 8310 or the like

Davie1875
23-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Using your phone works 100%.

Unless it’s a Nokia 8310 or the like

Nice one, I'll try that.

GreenArmyyy!
23-08-2018, 09:23 AM

Can also confirm it works, did it for both the Molde home game and the Ross County game.

GreenCastle
23-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Stadium is filling up nicely...expect the East / West and FF to sell out shortly and then it will be South stand left / for walk ups. :flag:

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Stadium is filling up nicely...expect the East / West and FF to sell out shortly and then it will be South stand left / for walk ups. :flag:

I wonder if theres any chance Aberdeen fans will travel without a ticket and pay in our end? They've sold out their 1900 allocation.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 09:52 AM
After all the bleating about getting the South opened only 47 have been tickets sold in section 26 so far.

CapitalGreen
23-08-2018, 09:56 AM
After all the bleating about getting the South opened only 47 have been tickets sold in section 26 so far.

Was there more than 47 people "bleating" about it?

Steven79
23-08-2018, 09:58 AM

I use this app for my season ticket https://stocardapp.com/en/uk

JimBHibees
23-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Was there more than 47 people "bleating" about it?

About 3. :greengrin

SingaporeHibs
23-08-2018, 10:05 AM

Maybe people have yet to realise it’s been opened. Hibs announced there was only 80 seats left in the East but failed to announce (as far as I can see) that the South is now open for business which seems a bit daft if there are people waiting for the chance to buy multiple tickets together.

JeMeSouviens
23-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Thu 23 Aug 11:08:50 BST 2018
West
5938 not for sale
59 available

FF
3734 not for sale
22 available

East
6269 not for sale
52 available

South
3556 not for sale
376 available

Total
19529 not for sale
509 available

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Maybe people have yet to realise it’s been opened. Hibs announced there was only 80 seats left in the East but failed to announce (as far as I can see) that the South is now open for business which seems a bit daft if there are people waiting for the chance to buy multiple tickets together.

Sure I seen the South Stand is open on facebook, I might be wrong wrong.

GreenCastle
23-08-2018, 10:20 AM
South Stand is open for Hibs fans - get buying folks! :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2018, 10:38 AM

Disappointed in the younger Aberdeen fans who seem to have snapped up their allocation of 1900 without any bleating at all.

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Kick off is more than two days away - plenty will sell by kick off! No need to bed wet just yet :na na:

therealgavmac
23-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Kick off is more than two days away - plenty will sell by kick off! No need to bed wed just yet :na na:

Much as I love my bed, I’d never marry it :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Much as I love my bed, I’d never marry it :greengrin

Ah you were too fast for me :not worth

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Kick off is more than two days away - plenty will sell by kick off! No need to bed wed just yet :na na:

Mate, I'm not wetting the bed, I'll be there :greengrin I've had a Season Ticket firstly from 95-00 in the FFL then the East Stand from 04 until it was demolished, then I moved to the West Upper where I've been ever since.

The 4 years between 00 and 04 I worked almost every Saturday and had to walk up when I could.

I'm sure we'll get a good uptake in the South just sales seem a tad slow, its pay day tomorrow for a lot isn't it?

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Mate, I'm not wetting the bed, I'll be there :greengrin I've had a Season Ticket firstly from 95-00 in the FFL then the East Stand from 04 until it was demolished, then I moved to the West Upper where I've been ever since.

The 4 years between 00 and 04 I worked almost every Saturday and had to walk up when I could.

I'm sure we'll get a good uptake in the South just sales seem a tad slow, its pay day tomorrow for a lot isn't it?

Yeah it certainly is pay day for me tomorrow!

There will be between 18-19,000 at this game which is a fantastic turn out and one any team in Scotland (out with the Ugly Sisters) would be delighted to get.

Springbank
23-08-2018, 11:21 AM
There will be between 18-19,000 at this game which is a fantastic turn out and one any team in Scotland (out with the Ugly Sisters) would be delighted to get.

True that.

IIRC there were more people at the Abderdeen v Hibs game in May than there were at the Aberdeen v Rangers game a few days later

So much for armageddon, the blue pound and all that tosh

Great time to be a Hibee

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 11:42 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180823/406d69aee266862ea93dcc11c39f8727.png

kaimendhibs
23-08-2018, 12:25 PM
After all the bleating about getting the South opened only 47 have been tickets sold in section 26 so far.Payday tmrw

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

SingaporeHibs
23-08-2018, 01:39 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180823/406d69aee266862ea93dcc11c39f8727.png

I stand corrected.

KdyHby
23-08-2018, 02:39 PM
96 tickets left in the 3 home stands

Earlydelivery
23-08-2018, 02:52 PM
At least 18-5k

Dancehibs
23-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Who was bleating?

Dancehibs
23-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Disappointed in the younger Aberdeen fans who seem to have snapped up their allocation of 1900 without any bleating at all.
Not sure if they have been allocated more tickets. I would. More money for hibs

Ronniekirk
23-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Who was bleating?

The Sheep

KdyHby
23-08-2018, 04:06 PM
96 tickets left in the 3 home stands

87 now

Nevi_SOL
23-08-2018, 04:40 PM
FF - 15
East - 34
West - 36

85 Left in 3 Home stands

Diclonius
23-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Good to see the tradition stands selling well. Keep the traditions going.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Not sure if they have been allocated more tickets. I would. More money for hibs

They haven't and they wont get any more, why should they?

monktonharp
24-08-2018, 01:19 AM
Disappointed in the younger Aberdeen fans who seem to have snapped up their allocation of 1900 without any bleating at all.Silence of the Lambs Bob.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2018, 04:16 AM
Silence of the Lambs Bob.

Smother them in mint sauce

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2018, 04:22 AM
East - 14
FF - 7
West - 58 (inc 32 Exec seats just released.)

South 26 - tons.

Dancehibs
24-08-2018, 05:12 AM
They haven't and they wont get any more, why should they?
Because there will be lots of seats. That costs hibs income and ultimately less money to spend on the team

JimBHibees
24-08-2018, 06:22 AM
Because there will be lots of seats. That costs hibs income and ultimately less money to spend on the team

Personally would prefer to have more Hibs fans in the ground than giving Aberdeen another section.

danhibees1875
24-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Personally would prefer to have more Hibs fans in the ground than giving Aberdeen another section.

Agreed, but it doesn't look like we're going to sell many more seats - so we would be as well selling another section or 2 to Aberdeen. If segregation allows.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2018, 06:45 AM

They went to public sale and only just sold out in the last couple of days. Probably wouldn’t have filled many more seats, if any, in the south than we will.

JimBHibees
24-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Agreed, but it doesn't look like we're going to sell many more seats - so we would be as well selling another section or 2 to Aberdeen. If segregation allows.

Not so sure think there will still be people wanting to buy today and tomorrow if possible.

Just on tomorrow it would imo be poor if poilce stopped us selling tickets on day of the game.

Ringothedog
24-08-2018, 07:03 AM

They have sold their allocation, we should not be giving them more tickets. We should be trying to make Easter Road an intimidating place to come to, the less away fans the better. I very much doubt Aberdeen would give us more tickets if we ever sold out our allocation and there were seats available to put us in

Dancehibs
24-08-2018, 07:53 AM
They went to public sale and only just sold out in the last couple of days. Probably wouldn’t have filled many more seats, if any, in the south than we will.
A few hundred is money in the bank

Dancehibs
24-08-2018, 07:54 AM
Any hibs fan would want the same. But we ain’t selling many tickets in the south

JimBHibees
24-08-2018, 07:56 AM
Any hibs fan would want the same. But we ain’t selling many tickets in the south

Still a day and a half to the game.

Since90+2
24-08-2018, 07:56 AM

Pay day for alot of folk today. We will shift another few hundred by today and tomorrow including walk ups.

mutley
24-08-2018, 08:52 AM
A few hundred is money in the bank

This.

Until we are (and it pains me to say it) gaining monthly income as much as FoH are pumping in across the road, then we should be selling as many tickets as we can. If that means more away fans , then so be it.

And I still think we should be analysing what seats are permanently empty in the FF Lower, just to see if people are buying them with no intention of using them just to guarantee Hampden tickets, should they require them.

Surely it's no coincidence that the same seats are empty week i week out?

Carheenlea
24-08-2018, 08:59 AM
I’d now expect us to give Celtic and Rangers full allocations at Easter Road. We’re probably another successful season away from requiring theSouth Stand to meet the demand for tickets. It’s foolish not to maximise income in my opinion. In this case, I don’t think Aberdeen would have sold that much more, but the old firm are guaranteed sell outs.

Nevi_SOL
24-08-2018, 11:27 AM
FF - 0
East - 5
West - 29

34 left in the 3 home stands

Not In The Know
24-08-2018, 11:34 AM

it really annoys me when they release seats in the south - its the Shan ones in the corner.

Just release the 3 blocks so you can sit near the middle, the segregation remains the same.

04Sauzee
24-08-2018, 11:37 AM
The attendance for the first game against Aberdeen at Easter Road last season was 19038 according to the BBC. It would be fantastic if we could at least match that on Saturday

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2018, 11:37 AM
I’d now expect us to give Celtic and Rangers full allocations at Easter Road. We’re probably another successful season away from requiring theSouth Stand to meet the demand for tickets. It’s foolish not to maximise income in my opinion. In this case, I don’t think Aberdeen would have sold that much more, but the old firm are guaranteed sell outs.

I'm not so sure. Demand will be much larger for those games.

Keith_M
24-08-2018, 11:53 AM
it really annoys me when they release seats in the south - its the Shan ones in the corner.

Just release the 3 blocks so you can sit near the middle, the segregation remains the same.

I think three of the five sections have been allocated to Aberdeen, but I agree about just opening all the other sections (whole or part) straight away.

FWIW, it doesn't look like we'll have as many in attendance as we had at the equivalent game last year, but I think that was a bit higher because we'd just been promoted.

Mike_C
24-08-2018, 12:12 PM
FF - 0
East - 5
West - 29

36 left in the 3 home stands

:hmmm:

RoxburghHibs
24-08-2018, 12:15 PM

Let me fire up my PC calculator and work this puzzle out...

hibbyfraelibby
24-08-2018, 12:24 PM

They release them that way so they can max revenue if the away support allocation needs increased and the home fans aint buying enough.

It a bit like booking a holiday. If you leave it to the last minute you get whats left after the Germans have booked the sun loungers or you go to Blackpool

Daydreamer
24-08-2018, 12:32 PM

Not sure about that as they sold 2300 the last game after giving them extra tickets after selling out there initial allocation. At this point i can't see Hibs opening the south upper to Hibs fans.

Not In The Know
24-08-2018, 12:32 PM
They release them that way so they can max revenue if the away support allocation needs increased and the home fans aint buying enough.

It a bit like booking a holiday. If you leave it to the last minute you get whats left after the Germans have booked the sun loungers or you go to Blackpool

I might be wrong but there is only one way to segregate the stand so that shouldn't effect it. The big internal wall / doors are the reason.

The longer you leave it to buy a seat the likelihood is it will be a better option than right behind the corner flag.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Not sure about that as they sold 2300 the last game after giving them extra tickets after selling out there initial allocation. At this point i can't see Hibs opening the south upper to Hibs fans.

I’d guess they had greater demand themselves on that occasion and didn’t get as far as general sale themselves. Could be wrong on that though.

The only thing that might hamper us is if there is no on the day sales. Otherwise, I think any difference in what they/we would sell would be fairly negligible.

hibbyfraelibby
24-08-2018, 01:51 PM
I might be wrong but there is only one way to segregate the stand so that shouldn't effect it. The big internal wall / doors are the reason.

The longer you leave it to buy a seat the likelihood is it will be a better option than right behind the corner flag.

Think you'll find they can give away fans an extra section upper and lower and vice versa and still maintain segregation. Theres a ruddy great big wall down the middle of the lower and one upstairs too.

Nevi_SOL
24-08-2018, 01:55 PM

Haha my bad

Nevi_SOL
24-08-2018, 01:58 PM
9 tickets left in west

Hibs4185
24-08-2018, 03:35 PM
I have a ticket for the east which we bought ages ago but I think the club should explore ways to make the south stand segregated upper and lower. My seat in the east is alright but I’d much rather sit in the front row of the south upper and .

Looks much better on tv as well instead of a stupid banner running up the middle. Surely moving a few internal doors can’t cost too much. Def worry spending a few thousand to make it happen.

Id also imagine those who don’t have season tickets would consider cat b tickets in the south upper. Win win

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2018, 03:37 PM
I have a ticket for the east which we bought ages ago but I think the club should explore ways to make the south stand segregated upper and lower. My seat in the east is alright but I’d much rather sit in the front row of the south upper and .

Looks much better on tv as well instead of a stupid banner running up the middle. Surely moving a few internal doors can’t cost too much. Def worry spending a few thousand to make it happen.

Id also imagine those who don’t have season tickets would consider cat b tickets in the south upper. Win win

That would be asking for trouble imo. The way it's split now is definitely the safest way.

KdyHby
24-08-2018, 04:04 PM
3 left, all in the West stand

Keith_M
24-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Think you'll find they can give away fans an extra section upper and lower and vice versa and still maintain segregation. Theres a ruddy great big wall down the middle of the lower and one upstairs too.

There is, which means there's a limit to how many sections you can have on either side of said wall.

At the same fixture one year ago, Aberdeen were given 3 of the five sections in the lower stand. That's the absolute maximum they can get without making the segregation pointless. Any more than that would mean some Aberdeen fans having to enter and leave with the home fans.

The minimum Hibs can allocate to home fans, under those circumstances, is one and a half sections (half a section left for segregation).
So why not just release those one and a half sections immediately?

:dunno:

aljo7-0
24-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Only seats in the South available now

Gmack7
24-08-2018, 06:46 PM
are tickets available tomorrow for walk ups?

The Rebel
24-08-2018, 06:48 PM
are tickets available tomorrow for walk ups?

Lifted below from Hibs newsletter:

The Ticket Office will stop selling tickets at 1.00pm on Saturday – at this time the East Stand Ticket Pod will open for sales in the South Stand only. The Ticket Office will then handle enquiries only.

Tickets are priced at £23 for adults and £14 for concessions. Child tickets are £12 if purchased before 1.00pm, and £14 thereafter.

Turnstiles will open at 2.00pm with kick off at 3.00pm.

Supporters collecting tickets ahead of the game are advised to arrive early as we expect there to be large queues.

superfurryhibby
24-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Youngest son over from Spain and wanting to see the Hibs. Two more bought in the South.

alihibs1
24-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Reckon section 26 will sell out with about half of 27 selling tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
24-08-2018, 07:16 PM
What a support we have

hibIBZ
24-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Just found out I can go tomorrow, might chance it and wait until the morning for section 27 to open or the upper. I’m assuming it will be opened at some point

Earlydelivery
24-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Section 26 going well ... 27 should open the morra

California-Hibs
24-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Our support as usual these days, is absolutely incredible! Another 19k-ish on the cards!

hfc rd
24-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Our support as usual these days, is absolutely incredible! Another 19k-ish on the cards!

Let’s see if the FFL is actually filled this time.

crash
24-08-2018, 08:24 PM

Pity that there are a lot of empty seats in here, even on "sell-out" matchdays. Why is this?
Is this where the "kicks for kids" tickets are allocated?
What is the take up for this?
Appears to be only approx 50% take up for these tickets, Shame if these seats could be re-sold by the club.

Libby Hibby
24-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Pity that there are a lot of empty seats in here, even on "sell-out" matchdays. Why is this?
Appears to be only approx 50% take up for these tickets, Shame if these seats could be re-sold by the club.

I’d say it’s more to do with folk buying the cheaper seats and not bothering to attend. This then allows them to turn up when they want and give them priority for semi finals and finals.

The club must know what ST’s get used and when.

I’d adopt a 3 strike rule where if a ST fails to activate in 3 consecutive home games, a letter is sent asking if there is a valid reason, if none is given, the ST is cancelled there and then. If a valid reason is given and say they will return then all is hunky dory. The club keep monitoring.

There has to be a fundamental issue as to why the FF lower is never an ‘actual’ sell out.

Onceinawhile
24-08-2018, 08:54 PM

Let's see if the east is filled this time 🙄

Onceinawhile
24-08-2018, 08:56 PM
I’d say it’s more to do with folk buying the cheaper seats and not bothering to attend. This then allows them to turn up when they want and give them priority for semi finals and finals.

I’d adopt a 3 strike rule where if a ST fails to activate in 3 consecutive home games, a letter is sent asking if there is a valid reason, if none is given, the ST is cancelled there and then. If a valid reason is given and say they will return then all is hunky dory. The club keep monitoring.

There has to be a fundamental issue as to why the FF lower is never an ‘actual’ sell out.

What if we have three consecutive midweek games at home? What's a valid reason? Is this to be extended to all stands or just the ff lower?

Also the club should be able to know what season tickets have been used, but as I've said roughly 6 times now, the data they collect is either not recorded or is absolutely trash.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2018, 09:40 PM
82 left in South Sec 26

Ronniekirk
24-08-2018, 09:52 PM
82 left in South Sec 26

So will be interesting to see how full the South is with Zhibs fans to roughly gaugue how many walk up fans attend the game
We used to have Thousands , so you would think our Sections in South would be Full
Presumably some of those now buy in advance to guarantee a good seat in a northern part of the Grpund But with a decent weather forecast and the importance of this game we should be selling out
I know Lennon has said don't judge the team on tomorrow's performance given still to make another two signings hopefully and new players bedding in But its a game that's there to be won and should be the type of game that attracts a Sellout Crowd when we are unbeaten in Lesgue and can put a marker down againstb the Sheep

Nakedmanoncrack
24-08-2018, 10:09 PM

kaimendhibs
24-08-2018, 10:36 PM
Club can surely monitor! Be with refunding 25 quid tickets for non attendance and selling them game by game

Onceinawhile
24-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Club can surely monitor! Be with refunding 25 quid tickets for non attendance and selling them game by game

The club try to monitor it, but the recording data they get is terrible.

If only someone had said that on this thread.

kaimendhibs
24-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Take it that was you. Well done. I've no time to travel the whole thread but crack on
The club try to monitor it, but the recording data they get is terrible.

If only someone had said that on this thread.

Onceinawhile
24-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Take it that was you. Well done. I've no time to travel the whole thread but crack on

Literally 3 posts above your post.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2018, 02:25 AM
74 left in South Sec 26

Libby Hibby
25-08-2018, 04:19 AM
What if we have three consecutive midweek games at home? What's a valid reason? Is this to be extended to all stands or just the ff lower?

Also the club should be able to know what season tickets have been used, but as I've said roughly 6 times now, the data they collect is either not recorded or is absolutely trash.

Can be extended to all stands but there is a definite issue in the FFL. At a rough guess, it’s 80% full at best despite the club saying the ground is a sell out for games.

houstonhibbee
25-08-2018, 04:33 AM
Can be extended to all stands but there is a definite issue in the FFL. At a rough guess, it’s 80% full at best despite the club saying the ground is a sell out for games.
It could be empty and it’s still a sell out

stuart-farquhar
25-08-2018, 04:47 AM

Well my seats for example are still empty.

Bought to help club.

Libby Hibby
25-08-2018, 04:51 AM
Well my seats for example are still empty.

Bought to help club.

Do you mind me asking what type of ST’s you bought? Were they both adult for example?

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2018, 05:34 AM
69 left in South 26

Ozyhibby
25-08-2018, 05:37 AM

Does it really matter? There are still tickets available for anyone that wants to go.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-08-2018, 05:44 AM
Fill a corner asap!

Onceinawhile
25-08-2018, 05:52 AM

Have you seen the North end of the east? It's just as bad.

bingo70
25-08-2018, 05:55 AM
Does it really matter? There are still tickets available for anyone that wants to go.

Exactly, the club were happy to accept these season ticket holders when we were struggling so doesn’t seem right to start chucking them under the bus now we’re doing well.

Also worth considering that those that have kids season tickets but maybe don’t go every week, having those tickets might mean the kid can go to half a dozen games this season, next season it could go up to 10, the season after it could be every game. It’s all part of the process to get kids involved.

I’ve got a season ticket for my son in the west upper I don’t use every week, last season he was at 5 or 6 matches I think. It’ll be more this season but if I never got it when I did, I wouldn’t be able to get him a seat beside me.

Everyone’s got their own reasons and while there’s still tickets available for walk up fans I don’t see the issue.

Chuck Rhoades
25-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Have you seen the North end of the east? It's just as bad.

Think that’s where the KFK tickets are so understandable if so.

stuart-farquhar
25-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Do you mind me asking what type of ST’s you bought? Were they both adult for example?

One adult one concession. Pensioner for me likesay!

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 07:11 AM

If there are no seats to buy it is a sell out. Some of these seats are probably for very young kids who can't go every week or people who work shifts but want a guaranteed seat when they do go. Don't see the huge issue if the seats have been paid for and there are still seats available in other parts of the ground.

theonlywayisup
25-08-2018, 08:04 AM
This anti FFL rhetoric is getting extremely boring.

I've got a father & son in front of me. Sometimes it's mother and daughter. Sometimes it's any combination up to five when the grandfather turns up. Sometimes it's none. So two tickets purchased but many other seats purchased during the season.

It's exactly the same with my group. Because of other sporting commitments my son has probably missed around five of the last seven league games. However, he's mad on the Hibees and will become an adult ST in the very near future. He's also been to every home Hibs game since 2004.

I know many others that are in the same situation. Yet now that we're getting crowds of 19,000, the FFL residents (many of whom have been there for many years when we were getting crowds of 8,000) are becoming public enemy No. 1.

Give it a rest. Rant over!

Nevi_SOL
25-08-2018, 08:20 AM

I've got a father & son in front of me. Sometimes it's mother and daughter. Sometimes it's any combination up to five when the grandfather turns up. Sometimes it's none. So two tickets purchased but many other seats purchased during the season.

It's exactly the same with my group. Because of other sporting commitments my son has probably missed around five of the last seven league games. However, he's mad on the Hibees and will become an adult ST in the very near future. He's also been to every home Hibs game since 2004.

I know many others that are in the same situation. Yet now that we're getting crowds of 19,000, the FFL residents (many of whom have been there for many years when we were getting crowds of 8,000) are becoming public enemy No. 1.

👍🏼👍🏼

JimBHibees
25-08-2018, 08:23 AM

Totally agree it is an area to encourage family groups who will become regular fans in the future.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2018, 08:33 AM
48 left South Sec 26

Ronniekirk
25-08-2018, 08:39 AM

re

I miss about six games a Season in the East Always realease my ticket for resale and the folk beside me confirmed it hasn't always been used
I wonder if there are games even against Hearts and Old Firm where regulatvattenders don't get a ticket
This Season though I have noticed more empty seats in every game I have attended So if being released for resale then it's clear they aren't being taken up and because of the Transition the Team is going through as Lennon rebuilds I wonder if the same demand is there at present Today's game will be a good barometer Playing a team we are fighting to overtake in League i.e. We want to finish above them this season Goodweather and guaranteed goals at both ends you would assume
So if lots of empty seats and we don't sell a decent amount in the South then it's a mystery
We may we'll have reached our optimum attendances for the time being ,which is still a magnificent achievement Retaining that can be a different proposition but we shall see
I think the Lower F F has stood out with more empty seats than others though so think that's why it gets mentioned so often But as far as I can see there is room for everyone today that wants to go
We are all Hibbies and we all supportbthe Club in whatever way we can

AgentDaleCooper
25-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Why don't hibs put the family section in the FF upper and let the singing section into the lower? Would mean less visible empty seats plus better atmosphere, while giving families a better view.

hibIBZ
25-08-2018, 09:08 AM
First 4 rows open in section 26. Assuming the rest of the section has been printed for sale at the pods. Decision time now, buy front few rows or show up and hope to buy at the pods

monktonharp
25-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Exactly, the club were happy to accept these season ticket holders when we were struggling so doesn’t seem right to start chucking them under the bus now we’re doing well.

Also worth considering that those that have kids season tickets but maybe don’t go every week, having those tickets might mean the kid can go to half a dozen games this season, next season it could go up to 10, the season after it could be every game. It’s all part of the process to get kids involved.

I’ve got a season ticket for my son in the west upper I don’t use every week, last season he was at 5 or 6 matches I think. It’ll be more this season but if I never got it when I did, I wouldn’t be able to get him a seat beside me.

Everyone’s got their own reasons and while there’s still tickets available for walk up fans I don’t see the issue.:agree: top post on this issue

monktonharp
25-08-2018, 09:25 AM
One adult one concession. Pensioner for me likesay!So, do you have to buy the adult his pizzas lol. seriously though, have you considered releasing the tickets to the club if you cant make certain games? Sure there is an easy way to do it

04Sauzee
25-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Why don't hibs put the family section in the FF upper and let the singing section into the lower? Would mean less visible empty seats plus better atmosphere, while giving families a better view.

Would that mean I'd have to move from my FF upper seat? I wouldn't be in a family section. I wouldn't want to move to the lower as I don't like the view from the lower and Im not part of the singing section. So I'd have to move to the East or the West?

stuart-farquhar
25-08-2018, 10:43 AM
So, do you have to buy the adult his pizzas lol. seriously though, have you considered releasing the tickets to the club if you cant make certain games? Sure there is an easy way to do it

i did last game. This one tbh i didnt

Daydreamer
25-08-2018, 10:58 AM
So, do you have to buy the adult his pizzas lol. seriously though, have you considered releasing the tickets to the club if you cant make certain games? Sure there is an easy way to do it

The club have said on numerous occasions unless the WHOLE ground is sold out you cannot release season tickets back to the club. A couple of seasons ago when tickets were being released before the ground was sold out we got two guys who were completely pissed sitting beside us annoying everyone. Everyone is a season ticket holder in section 41 bar a couple in the front row. a few of the regulars made a complaint to the stewards and then the club regarding this.

andyf5
25-08-2018, 11:00 AM
I miss about six games a Season in the East Always realease my ticket for resale and the folk beside me confirmed it hasn't always been used

How do you release a season ticket? I have one child ticket spare. Nothing on web site I can see.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2018, 11:01 AM
How do you release a season ticket? I have one child ticket spare. Nothing on web site I can see.

See above

SquashedFrogg
25-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Everyone’s got their own reasons and while there’s still tickets available for walk up fans I don’t see the issue.

Brilliant post. Perfectly put. Especially point around taking kids. Exactly what happened to me. My boy is 16 now and is hooked.

Robbo6-2
25-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Fair point... but why not release the seat then?

andyf5
25-08-2018, 11:11 AM
See above

having skimmed 7 pages of posts I can find nothing that tells me how to release a season ticket.,,,,,,

Billy Whizz
25-08-2018, 11:13 AM
having skimmed 7 pages of posts I can find nothing that tells me how to release a season ticket.,,,,,,

You can’t unless it’s a sold out match

mayo hibee
25-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Just a couple of single seats and twos left online now if anyone wants to avoid the queue at the ticket pod.

Ringothedog
25-08-2018, 11:30 AM
You can’t unless it’s a sold out match

He can but would have to contact the ticket office

Billy Whizz
25-08-2018, 11:33 AM
He can but would have to contact the ticket office

I meant online

AgentDaleCooper
25-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Would that mean I'd have to move from my FF upper seat? I wouldn't be in a family section. I wouldn't want to move to the lower as I don't like the view from the lower and Im not part of the singing section. So I'd have to move to the East or the West?

Do you prefer the FF upper to the west upper, out of curiosity?

04Sauzee
25-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Do you prefer the FF upper to the west upper, out of curiosity?

To be honest I do , 2 seasons ago we didn't have season tickets so we were in the East, West, North, and had a day in the south for a Hibs Kids day. I love the vantage point from the upper in the FF and my boy who plays boys football at 2007 age group can actually get a great perspective of positions.

Kaff
25-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Phone 0131 661 1875
Theyll tell you to phone 0844 number but that's a premium rate so I don't use it for this.
There is email option too but don't have the address at hand

Billy Whizz
25-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Phone 0131 661 1875
Theyll tell you to phone 0844 number but that's a premium rate so I don't use it for this.
There is email option too but don't have the address at hand

tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

Kaff
25-08-2018, 11:56 AM

Cheers Billy, have used that option once and they replied to say they'd acted on the email.

andyf5
25-08-2018, 12:11 PM

Thanks. Have released the seat

jodjam
25-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Gutted its another ST game I’m missing. Watch it on Alba tonight and avoid the score

Hibbyradge
25-08-2018, 01:03 PM

I agree with the sentiments in your post, but this bit has confused me. How can someone have attended every home game since 2004, but miss 5 of the last 7?

FWIW, there's always been criticism of one stand or the other.

The old main stand used to get slagged off for not singing except for the occasional "Hibees", stamp, stamp, stamp.

The old east stand used to criticise everyone else 😁 and now it's the FF Lower's turn to be the focus of people's irritation.

Until we regularly get more people wanting to go to have mm es than there are spaces for them, it doesn't really matter if people don't use their STs, apart possibly from asthetically.

If we ever do get to that position then I'm sure the club will offer incentives for people to make their unused seats available for resale and I'd fully support that.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Fair point... but why not release the seat then?

Not much point releasing a seat in the family stand, particularly if the game isn't completely sold out.

theonlywayisup
25-08-2018, 02:59 PM
I agree with the sentiments in your post, but this bit has confused me. How can someone have attended every home game since 2004, but miss 5 of the last 7?

FWIW, there's always been criticism of one stand or the other.

The old main stand used to get slagged off for not singing except for the occasional "Hibees", stamp, stamp, stamp.

The old east stand used to criticise everyone else 😁 and now it's the FF Lower's turn to be the focus of people's irritation.

Until we regularly get more people wanting to go to have mm es than there are spaces for them, it doesn't really matter if people don't use their STs, apart possibly from asthetically.

If we ever do get to that position then I'm sure the club will offer incentives for people to make their unused seats available for resale and I'd fully support that.

Knew someone would pick me up on that. Okay should have said almost every home game.

For what's worth, have you seen the number of vacant seats in the East. Fancy buying a ticket and not turning up!!!!

Not that I see a problem with it, as I've said before not every ST holder can go to every game.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Knew someone would pick me up on that. Okay should have said almost every home game.

For what's worth, have you seen the number of vacant seats in the East. Fancy buying a ticket and not turning up!!!!

Not that I see a problem with it, as I've said before not every ST holder can go to every game.

I wasn't picking you up on it, I was just trying to clarify what you meant. I thought maybe you meant he'd missed 5 away games. All good. 👍

Yes, I can see the empty seats in the east. The people in the east can't, however ...

itslegaltender
25-08-2018, 11:14 PM
On Alba, East looks like a lot of seats empty??

DH1875
26-08-2018, 12:57 AM
On Alba, East looks like a lot of seats empty??

Plenty empty seats in the east today :agree:

SingaporeHibs
26-08-2018, 03:09 AM
Of course from one week to the next people might not be able to attend for all sorts of reasons but given the East was sold out there was quite a lot of empty seats. And not just the odd seat dotted around. There was a lot of green seats on show. It almost looks wrong. If I was the club I would be doing a reconciliation to make sure something hasn’t gone wrong in the system.

wookie70
27-08-2018, 09:23 AM
It amazes me how many people pay 20 odd quid for a ticket and don't attend. The east always has loads of seats empty barring maybe Derby games. Will there be a campaign to oust people from their seats there so the singing section can try another spot in the ground.

jgl07
27-08-2018, 10:19 AM
It amazes me how many people pay 20 odd quid for a ticket and don't attend. The east always has loads of seats empty barring maybe Derby games. Will there be a campaign to oust people from their seats there so the singing section can try another spot in the ground.
I suspect that very few pay 20 pounds and not attend a match. I can see people buying a season ticket and not being able to attend every match. This is especially the case with matches being moved to Sunday for TV or UEFA stupidity in scheduling Europa fixtures on Thursday. I missed the Motherwell match for that reason.

Does a few empty seats in a sold-out stand really matter for anyone bar a few obsessives?

The match was not sold out. There was a whole section of the South Upper unopened and unsold seats in the South Lower, so no-one missed out.