PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller leaves Livingston

Pages : [1] 2

whereswallace?
19-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Kenny Miller has left his post as Livvy boss after 2 months.

JimBHibees
19-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Kenny Miller has left his post as Livvy boss after 2 months.

Bizarre.

whereswallace?
19-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Something not right behind the scenes there. A club that has not been without off field issues over the years.

Ryan69
19-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Something not right behind the scenes there. A club that has not been without off field issues over the years.

In fairness...He doesnt generally do honouring his contract.

H18 SFR
19-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Link?

Jones28
19-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Did not see that coming.

whereswallace?
19-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Link?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3089660/kenny-miller-quits-livingston/

hibsboy69
19-08-2018, 08:54 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45238468

SMAXXA
19-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Sign him

H18 SFR
19-08-2018, 08:57 PM
#announcemiller

wpj
19-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Be interesting to hear what's behind this. He doesn't strike me as a quitter especially as he seems to be keen to get into management. Maybe a lower league team would be better for him to build up his confidence and management skills?

neil7908
19-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Very strange decision. Must be something going on behind the scenes.

bingo70
19-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Be interesting to hear what's behind this. He doesn't strike me as a quitter especially as he seems to be keen to get into management. Maybe a lower league team would be better for him to build up his confidence and management skills?

Did David Hopkin ever get another job?

If not then my money is on KM getting wind of the Livi board wanting Hopkin back.

JimBHibees
19-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Personally would be ok with him joining us as back up striker however not sure we could sign him come to think of it given he was player manager.

brianmc

If not then my money is on KM getting wind of the Livi board wanting Hopkin back.

Thought Hopkin went to Carlisle?

whereswallace?

Still without a club I believe.

California-Hibs
Get him in on a 1 year player/striker coach deal. See if it works out by the end of things. Sure he wouldn't be looking for much so its not like its too big a risk. Providing he is in no way a problem in the dressing room.

givescotlandfreedom
19-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Basket case of a club.

murray26
19-08-2018, 09:04 PM
No this **** again..

Big_Franck
Very strange decision, we're in August ffs. Has he left the club altogether, or just stepped down as manager and is still registered as a player there? Can see him going to St Mirren if he's left Livi.

HoboHarry
Get him in on a 1 year player/striker coach deal. See if it works out by the end of things. Sure he wouldn't be looking for much so its not like its too big a risk. Providing he is in no way a problem in the dressing room.
As long as no-one leaves ear-rings lying around it will be fine :greengrin

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Wonder if that means their striker Kenny Miller will leave too? 👀

BoomtownHibees
19-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Wonder if that means their striker Kenny Miller will leave too? 👀

Chances of us being interested?

Dancehibs
19-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Would not be surprised if Lenny signed him. Great experience to help out with our forwards

Mikey09
19-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Sign him

Dunno if you're being sarcastic but he would be a terrific signing.

1van Sprou7e
19-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Doubt we'd go for him

Seems he wants to be a manager rather than a coach and I reckon Lennon is happy with having our 3 strikers + Boyle

linlithgowhibbie
19-08-2018, 09:10 PM
A big "No thanks" for me

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 09:11 PM

Lennon had spoke to him before Livi gig so every chance he’d want to have another chat.

BoomtownHibees
19-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Lennon had spoke to him before Livi gig so every chance he’d want to have another chat.

👍🏼

1van Sprou7e
19-08-2018, 09:13 PM

Thought you said before there had been no interest from Hibs this summer?

Or was it just that there had been no offer

Scorrie
19-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Wonder if it has anything to do with livi’s decision to wind up thier academy. A strange decision given the players they have produced recently

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Thought you said before there had been no interest from Hibs this summer?

Or was it just that there had been no offer

Hibs made no offer to him. He’s spoke with Lennon nothing formal though.

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Maybe wants to play more than he does manage at the moment?

Maybe there’s an opportunity for him to play while learning the ropes under an experienced manager with a view to taking the reins when the manager moves on and his playing career is definitely over?

stevie-bee
19-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Cat you heard anything about any other signings

cleanyman
19-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Poor Kenny

Never his fault

Maybe his wife will head on to twitter now and explain all?

bingo70
19-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Poor Kenny

Never his fault

Maybe his wife will head on to twitter now and explain all?

He’s not said why he’s left yet has he?

1van Sprou7e
19-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Thanks

Not sure whether or not he's still got much to offer on the pitch these days but wouldn't be against signing him, always liked Kenny

Diclonius
19-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Sign him.

truehibernian
19-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Still has loads to offer playing and coaching so I hope he has irons in the fire - too good a talent not to come back into the game immediately. A winner and I'd love him at Hibs. More importantly hope he's okay and The Rangers stuff in the background hasn't been a distraction.

Get yourself home son :aok::flag:

Lago
19-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Good

Hermit Crab
19-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Sign him

No thanks.

#announcemiller

Please no.

Personally would be ok with him joining us as back up striker however not sure we could sign him come to think of it given he was player manager.

Our budget can be better used elsewhere

No this **** again..

Agree, not again

Hopefully none.

Would not be surprised if Lenny signed him. Great experience to help out with our forwards

We don't need him, unless he signs on as a coach for our development strikers

A big "No thanks" for me

:agree: Agree B

Sign him.

No thank you.

SMAXXA
19-08-2018, 09:34 PM
No thanks.

Please no.

Our budget can be better used elsewhere

Agree, not again

Hopefully none.

We don't need him, unless he signs on as a coach for our development strikers

:agree: Agree B

No thank you.

I think we lack real experience especially in the forward areas so he would offer more than just as a player to the likes of shaw etc. Probably in the same way that wee nyaff naismith offers hearts that bit know how and experience

SON OF PADDY
19-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Still has loads to offer playing and coaching so I hope he has irons in the fire - too good a talent not to come back into the game immediately. A winner and I'd love him at Hibs. More importantly hope he's okay and The Rangers stuff in the background hasn't been a distraction.

Get yourself home son :aok::flag:

Bring him home ! 👍⚽️⚽️⚽️
It's a no brainer?

SquashedFrogg
19-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Basket case of a club.

Not sure you really understand the definition of basket case mate.

truehibernian
19-08-2018, 09:41 PM
I think we lack real experience especially in the forward areas so he would offer more than just as a player to the likes of shaw etc. Probably in the same way that wee nyaff naismith offers hearts that bit know how and experience

The knowledge and nous he could impart to Shaw, Flo and Jamie would be invaluable and his leadership would be important at the business end of the season.

His playing ability speaks for itself, he is fit as a fiddle, and his knowledge of the game here, in England and abroad could also be important to tap into. Can't understand why anyone wouldn't want him at Hibs.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2018, 09:42 PM

Naismith's 7 years younger than Miller.

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 09:45 PM

I’d say Kenny’s twice as fit as him though.

SMAXXA
19-08-2018, 09:45 PM

Vast experience was the point what he brings to the party

Heisenberg
19-08-2018, 09:47 PM
The knowledge and nous he could impart to Shaw, Flo and Jamie would be invaluable and his leadership would be important at the business end of the season.

His playing ability speaks for itself, he is fit as a fiddle, and his knowledge of the game here, in England and abroad could also be important to tap into. Can't understand why anyone wouldn't want him at Hibs.

I wouldn’t want him at Hibs because he’s 38 years old and miles over the hill. Why waste money on someone who will barely contribute on the park?
Kamberi and Maclaren managed just fine without Miller last season. Shaw also seems to be doing ok this season as well.

I would understand the clambering to sign him a few years ago but not now.

truehibernian
19-08-2018, 09:47 PM
I’d say Kenny’s twice as fit as him though.

Just hope he is okay bud and I'm sure Kenny doesn't make a decision like this lightly. His recent interview on Sportsound was excellent and he spoke really well (and enthusiastically). Hope he's back in the game soon in one way or another :aok:

truehibernian
19-08-2018, 09:50 PM
I wouldn’t want him at Hibs because he’s 38 years old and miles over the hill. Why waste money on someone who will barely contribute on the park?
Kamberi and Maclaren managed just fine without Miller last season. Shaw also seems to be doing ok this season as well.

I would understand the clambering to sign him a few years ago but not now.

Barely contribute ? I was watching him at Murrayfield this time last year and he tore Hearts a new one - also watched him in Old Firm games and he was The Rangers star performer in a poor side.............he most certainly can still contribute. Fit as a butcher's dug :aok:

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Just hope he is okay bud and I'm sure Kenny doesn't make a decision like this lightly. His recent interview on Sportsound was excellent and he spoke really well (and enthusiastically). Hope he's back in the game soon in one way or another :aok:

Don’t think he’ll be away from football long 👍🏼

cleanyman
19-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Barely contribute ? I was watching him at Murrayfield this time last year and he tore Hearts a new one - also watched him in Old Firm games and he was The Rangers star performer in a poor side.............he most certainly can still contribute. Fit as a butcher's dug :aok:

Great.

That's a couple of games then.

Kenny Miller is finished.

hfc rd
19-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Don’t think he’ll be away from football long 👍🏼

Would he come back to Hibs if given the chance (most likely 4th choice striker) or do you think he’ll want to focus on his coaching now?

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Would he come back to Hibs if given the chance (most likely 4th choice striker) or do you think he’ll want to focus on his coaching now?

100% he’d come back. Happy to be a squad player but I do think he’d also want a coaching role too.

heretoday
19-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Get him in!

Speedway
19-08-2018, 10:06 PM
The BBC link simply says ‘future in doubt’ after some at the club were ‘unhappy with his conduct on and off the pitch’

Meaning?

Heisenberg
19-08-2018, 10:25 PM

One game last season isn’t enough to convince me he’s not completely finished. He was just as rotten as the rest of his teammates in the old firm games as well IMO.

Livi fans think he is finished. Out of position and dropping ridiculously deep, which is exactly what he ended up doing at Rangers as well. I’d much rather we used whatever budget we have left on players that can come in and improve the team.

ScottB
19-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Reads like, in part, the Board wanted him to drop one of his two roles?

SideBurns
19-08-2018, 10:40 PM
We have 3 talented, exciting but relatively inexperienced strikers. If we were to sign another forward, I'd imagine it would be an older professional willing to pass on the benefit of his wisdom to the young guys while still able to make a contribution on the field when called upon. While I appreciate it is a signing which would divide the support, I'd be delighted to have Kenny Miller back at Easter Road right now.

AK86
19-08-2018, 10:44 PM
I think he will sign for the poppy thieves and become the first ( in my knowledge) to play for all 4 of the city clubs.
He does love a headline does Kenny.

Paisley Hibby
19-08-2018, 10:48 PM
I think he will sign for the poppy thieves and become the first ( in my knowledge) to play for all 4 of the city clubs.

Are there not 3 clubs in Edinburgh and 4 in Glasgow? (not to mention 2 in Dundee and 1 each in Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth and Stirling)😉

AK86
19-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Are there not 3 clubs in Edinburgh and 4 in Glasgow? (not to mention 2 in Dundee and 1 each in Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth and Stirling)😉
Do you need me to spell out my meaning, or are you just one of them awkward internet nerds?
You don't need to answer , I already know .

wpj
19-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Do you need me to spell out my meaning, or are you just one of them awkward internet nerds?

I have always wondered if anyone had played for all four clubs you are referring to. Did Durie not play for three of them as did Jackson. Anyone played for all four?

Edit: a quick google threw up a thread on here from 2010 that suggests not but a few have played for three of them

jacomo
20-08-2018, 12:35 AM
100% he’d come back. Happy to be a squad player but I do think he’d also want a coaching role too.

You’ve said this before and I’m sure you are right.

Unfortunately he didn’t seem to want it enough to turn down a contract from the zombies.

I’d still welcome him back to ER but he’d have to accept that his playing time would be limited.

monktonharp
20-08-2018, 12:53 AM
I seriously hope that he will never be back at ER. think back to the scenes during the cup final with his smug puss, and his arm around Haliday.running to the camera, and gesturing to "their" fans as if to say, told ye boys .we have them by the baws .job done. tell him tae get tae france

Forza Fred
20-08-2018, 02:15 AM
I seriously hope that he will never be back at ER. think back to the scenes during the cup final with his smug puss, and his arm around Haliday.running to the camera, and gesturing to "their" fans as if to say, told ye boys .we have them by the baws .job done. tell him tae get tae france

If we have a policy of not signing players who are happy when their current team scores against us, then we will be severely constrained in future transfer markets.

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2018, 05:30 AM

deary me, absolutely scandalous so it wiz, imagine the cheek o it, we should have told jason cummings to tone down his celebrations every time he scored against hertz eh :rolleyes:

Waxy
20-08-2018, 05:40 AM
Them next door might sign Miller if Lafferty goes.

sauzee6_2
20-08-2018, 05:51 AM

Have you seen ‘Time For Hero’s’ ???

The respect he showed after the celebrations was top class.

Paisley Hibby
20-08-2018, 06:27 AM

It was meant in a light hearted way mate 😏

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2018, 06:28 AM
No thanks. :rolleyes:

danhibees1875
20-08-2018, 06:34 AM

All 5. :wink:

grunt
20-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Club statement

Livingston Football Club has been in discussions over the weekend with Kenny Miller and his representatives.
The club felt that the Player-Manager role wasn’t working and had requested that Kenny reverted to the a full time Manager’s role. Kenny however feels that he isn’t ready to give up his football career at this time.
As a result the club and Kenny have amicably agreed to part company.
Livingston Football Club would like to thank Kenny for his honesty and openness, and wish him well for the future.

Paisley Hibby
20-08-2018, 06:46 AM

Look out, AK86 will take exception to that joke (he did when I tried it 😉)

Pescarese
20-08-2018, 06:56 AM

”City clubs” maybe need to include Elgin too?

Beefster
20-08-2018, 06:58 AM
”City clubs” maybe need to include Elgin too?

This might be a ‘whoosh’ moment but Elgin ain’t a city.

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 06:59 AM
”City clubs” maybe need to include Elgin too?And Brechin [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
20-08-2018, 06:59 AM

Neither is Brechin while we are at it.

Iggy Pope
20-08-2018, 07:00 AM
And Brechin [emoji38]

Damn you're quick man.

Pescarese
20-08-2018, 07:01 AM
You’re correct, but their football club seem to disagree.

overdrive
20-08-2018, 07:04 AM
Even just taking the ‘big’ city clubs into account, surely it would be 5 clubs if he signed for Hearts. He’s already played for Hibs and the three Old Firm clubs :wink:

Pescarese
20-08-2018, 07:06 AM
And Brechin [emoji38]

indeed. And our city neighbours have Football Club in their name, equally misleading.

Allant1981
20-08-2018, 07:07 AM
do brechin not have city in their name due to where they were formed? sure i read that somewhere a while back, not sure why elgin have it

we are hibs
20-08-2018, 07:11 AM
Keep him away from Easter road

murray26
20-08-2018, 07:14 AM
Them next door might sign Miller if Lafferty goes.

And if they did would any of us be worried..? No.. because he’s well past it and I’d rather the money went towards a player that’s going to improve our team.

marinello59
20-08-2018, 07:17 AM

Those of us who were born there will tell you it is despite all logical arguments suggesting otherwise. :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-08-2018, 07:20 AM
We need a 4th striker in, he's free and easy to get. As mentioned even his off field experience in the training ground giving the likes of Shaw pointers in game management

Makes sense to me. Easy target meaning we can spend the last week or so of the window on getting that all action CM we're crying out for

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 07:23 AM
do brechin not have city in their name due to where they were formed? sure i read that somewhere a while back, not sure why elgin have itIn days gone by, anywhere with a cathedral could claim to be a city. Hence Brechin, Elgin and Dunblane.

In modern days, though, they are not officially recognised as such.

Callum_62
20-08-2018, 08:35 AM
Livingston Football Club has been in discussions over the weekend with Kenny Miller and his representatives.The club felt that the Player-Manager role wasn’t working and had requested that Kenny reverted to the a full time Manager’s role. Kenny however feels that he isn’t ready to give up his football career at this time.As a result the club and Kenny have amicably agreed to part company.Livingston Football Club would like to thank Kenny for his honesty and openness, and wish him well for the future."

Somethings no right with that. A lose against Celtic and a Draw with Killie in the league, and a narrow lose at the weekend

Its hardly been a disastrous start

basehibby
20-08-2018, 08:46 AM

Elgin and Brechin both have Cathedrals - or at least the ruins of them - and would therefore in days of yore have been considered cities. Hence the claim to "City" fame.

Famous Fiver
20-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Apparently his tenure so far has been a 'probationary period' (must have been in the contract) and so by ditching him this early no compensation is due.

The fact that KM was quite happy to leave suggests to me that he has got playing options.

It will be interesting to see how things develop.

PatHead
20-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Wonder if Hopkirk will come back as he hasn’t got a job elsewhere.

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Wonder if Hopkirk will come back as he hasn’t got a job elsewhere.

Isn't he deceased?

xyz23jc
20-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Isn't he deceased?

No Jeff...….. :duck::greengrin

PatHead
20-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Isn't he deceased?

Who was the widow that wore the mini skirt again?

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Gary Locke?

J-C
20-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Livingston Football Club has been in discussions over the weekend with Kenny Miller and his representatives.The club felt that the Player-Manager role wasn’t working and had requested that Kenny reverted to the a full time Manager’s role. Kenny however feels that he isn’t ready to give up his football career at this time.As a result the club and Kenny have amicably agreed to part company.Livingston Football Club would like to thank Kenny for his honesty and openness, and wish him well for the future."

Somethings no right with that. A lose against Celtic and a Draw with Killie in the league, and a narrow lose at the weekend

Its hardly been a disastrous start

Tam McManus saying on twitter that Kenny was sacked and was not an amicable parting, something not right here.

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Tam McManus saying on twitter that Kenny was sacked and was not an amicable parting, something not right here.

Seems odd. Sure Miller will have his solicitor on the case if they are saying that and it isnt true.

Ralphy C
20-08-2018, 09:46 AM

Jeannie.

heretoday
20-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Elgin and Brechin both have Cathedrals - or at least the ruins of them - and would therefore in days of yore have been considered cities. Hence the claim to "City" fame.

Inverness,Perth and Stirling are our only cities apart from the big four.

grunt
20-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Not sure if 1972 counts as "days of yore".

From wiki:

Scotland had no cities by royal charter (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_charter) or letters patent before 1889.[38] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-38) The nearest equivalent in pre-Union Scotland was the royal burgh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_burgh). The term city was not always consistently applied, and there were doubts over the number of officially designated cities. The royal burghs of Edinburgh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh) and Perth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth,_Scotland) anciently used the title civitas, but the term city does not seem to have been used before the 15th century. Unlike the situation in England, in Scotland there was no link between the presence of a cathedral and the title of city. Aberdeen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen), Glasgow (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow) and Edinburgh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh) were accepted as cities by ancient usage by the 18th century, while Perth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth,_Scotland) and Elgin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elgin,_Moray) also used the title.[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-beckett-6) In 1856, the burgh of Dunfermline (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunfermline) resolved to use the title of city in all official documents in the future, based on long usage and its former status as a royal capital. The status was never officially recognised.[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-beckett-6)In 1889, Dundee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee) was granted city status by letters patent. The grant by formal document led to doubts about the use of the title city by other burghs. In 1891, the city status of Aberdeen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen) was confirmed when the burgh was enlarged by local Act of Parliament. The Royal Burgh of Inverness (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverness) applied for promotion to a city as part of the Jubilee honours in 1897. The request was not granted, partly because it would draw attention to the lack of any charter granting the title to existing cities.[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-beckett-6) Aberdeen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen), Dundee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee), Edinburgh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh) and Glasgow (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow) were constituted "counties of cities" by the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1929 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Government_(Scotland)_Act_1929). The Act made no statement on the title city for any other burgh.

In 1969, the Home Secretary, James Callaghan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Callaghan), stated that there were six cities in Scotland (without naming them) and Aberdeen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen), Dundee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee), Edinburgh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh), Elgin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elgin,_Moray), Glasgow (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow) and Perth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth,_Scotland) were the only burghs listed as cities in 1972.[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-beckett-6)[39] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-39)

The Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Government_(Scotland)_Act_1973) completely reorganised Scotland's local administration in 1975. All burghs were abolished, and a system of districts created. The four districts of Aberdeen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen), Edinburgh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh), Dundee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee) and Glasgow (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow) had City included in their titles by the Act. The 1975 districts were replaced with the present council areas by the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Government_etc._(Scotland)_Act_1994) in 1996, and the same four cities were designated. Since the 1996 reorganisation, three more Scottish cities have been designated: Inverness as part of the millennium celebrations, Stirling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling) in 2002 to commemorate Queen Elizabeth II's Golden Jubilee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Jubilee_of_Elizabeth_II) and Perth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth,_Scotland) in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Jubilee_of_Elizabeth_II).[31] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-2012results-31) In the case of these three cities, there are no city councils and no formal boundaries. In January 2008, a petition to matriculate armorial bearings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms) for the City of Inverness was refused by Lord Lyon King of Arms (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Lyon_King_of_Arms) on the grounds that there is no corporate body or legal persona to whom arms can be granted.

Chic Murray
20-08-2018, 10:32 AM
I can see Kenny back at Greyskull if the Lafferty deal doesn't progress.

oldbutdim
20-08-2018, 10:38 AM

Annette Andre.

Babe.

houstonhibbee
20-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Annette Andre.

Babe.

Seem to recall all it was on stv on Sunday’s from 12-1 followed by cartoon cavalcade then scotsport

McSwanky
20-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Gary Locke?

:tee hee:

BH Hibs
20-08-2018, 11:33 AM
I can see Kenny back at Greyskull if the Lafferty deal doesn't progress.

Is there not still a legal dispute ongoing between them?

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Kenny: Right Mr Chairman, I've played 5 games on that pile of desiccated rubber you call a pitch and unless it goes I do.

Chairman: Cheerio Kenny.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Stubbsy keen to have him at St Mirren.

Paisley Hibby
20-08-2018, 11:41 AM

That was a whoosh for me to begin with, got it now. Excellent 😂

1van Sprou7e
20-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Stubbsy keen to have him at St Mirren.

His most likely due in my opinion

Stubbs said he wanted to sign a 'marquee' forward and he'd probably get plenty of game time there

Chic Murray
20-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Is there not still a legal dispute ongoing between them?

Who knows? The law is a strange thing in that part of the world.

PatHead
20-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Annette Andre.

Babe.

Yip

pacoluna
20-08-2018, 12:33 PM

Tam talks *****,there was a clause in his Contract for renegotiation. Living. activated that and asked him to solely focus on being the Manager and he refused.

sixtwo
20-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Tam talks *****,there was a clause in his Contract for renegotiation. Living. activated that and asked him to solely focus on being the Manager and he refused.

I think Tam is correct. I heard from someone who know Kenny that the assistant manager was put in place by the board and was constantly undermining him. KM wants Caldwell as an assistant. There was issues with the pitch and the fact the youth set up had been disbanded and reserve players offered out to east of Scotland teams. KM had no control and felt it was better to go than be hung out to dry

Thecat23
20-08-2018, 01:01 PM

Believe me that’s utter *****!

soupy
20-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by pacoluna:

Believe me that’s utter *****

🤭😑

Wilson
20-08-2018, 01:06 PM

I'd be inclined to believe you. Although the first three words of the post seemed fair enough :wink:

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 01:10 PM

It would make no sense for Miller to agree to that clause IMO. That the club could tell him to stop playing?

Dancehibs
20-08-2018, 01:17 PM
What was the clause? Have you seen the contract?

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 01:17 PM

What did that clause say?

Thecat23
20-08-2018, 01:28 PM
I'd be inclined to believe you. Although the first three words of the post seemed fair enough :wink:

😁

Caversham Green
20-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Those of us who were born there will tell you it is despite all logical arguments suggesting otherwise. :greengrin

Likewise Brechin - read the road sign at the start of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn3inPL2O-Y&t=26s .

Last time I ignored a road sign I got fined.

sixtwo
20-08-2018, 01:36 PM

I think Tam is correct. I heard from someone who know Kenny that the assistant manager was put in place by the board and was constantly undermining him. KM wants Caldwell as an assistant. There was issues with the pitch and the fact the youth set up had been disbanded and reserve players offered out to east of Scotland teams. KM had no control and felt it was better to go than be hung out to dry

Dancehibs
20-08-2018, 01:37 PM
What did that clause say?
According to boy in the pub. Livvy wanted thier version of the union jack flag

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Jeannie.

I used to dream of her.

HoboHarry
20-08-2018, 01:41 PM
I used to dream of her.
Is her hair still light brown or has it turned grey with the passage of time?

pacoluna
20-08-2018, 02:10 PM

Kenny Miller, Livingston his agent and now his family are all telling porkies.

Thecat23 knows the truth.

hibee
20-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Seems like some of the livi fans wanted him to stop playing as he wasn’t doing very well so can’t see why we’d want to sign him.

staunchhibby
20-08-2018, 04:10 PM
No doubt it will all come out eventually

Mango Man
20-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Hearing the owners are well dodgy apparently, from a first teamer.

ian cruise
20-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Seems like some of the livi fans wanted him to stop playing as he wasn’t doing very well so can’t see why we’d want to sign him.

It's hard enough being captain and a striker, nevermind manager. You can't be keeping an eye on everything that is happening on the pitch during a game and your teams main goal threat. I understand why Kenny took the opportunity but I think if he wanted to keep playing he made the wrong call.

I'm_cabbaged
20-08-2018, 04:17 PM

Thinks he’s Romanov is what I heard a wee while ago 😉

Thecat23
20-08-2018, 04:22 PM

I know what Kenny has told me. That’s the truth! I love how folk actually believe these statements that come out after clubs sack a manager or managers walk. It’s all to keep it looking civil. But hey you know the contract so maybe Kennys lying 🤔

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Tam talks *****

How ironic! :-)

hibee
20-08-2018, 05:02 PM
It's hard enough being captain and a striker, nevermind manager. You can't be keeping an eye on everything that is happening on the pitch during a game and your teams main goal threat. I understand why Kenny took the opportunity but I think if he wanted to keep playing he made the wrong call.

Ha ha, I didn’t realise he’d made himself captain too!

Chuck Rhoades
20-08-2018, 05:11 PM

Hearing the same, also from a regular starter. Has one of them not done time?

Just adds to the bizarre decision around the previous manager leaving despite gaining promotion - he’s still unemployed.

bigwheel
20-08-2018, 05:15 PM
It is not really surprising this has happened - Livi dictated that the existing assistant and coaching team stayed - they held the power - almost impossible for a manager to succeed in that set up ...sounds like he is better out of there

Stuart93
20-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Heard an ex chairman is still involved calling all the shots but isn't able to take up head coach or chairman role after being done for dodgy business

greenlex
20-08-2018, 05:38 PM

Then a hour later in the Hibs dressing room shaking every players hand. ( obviously after he was patched up after the fans gave him a kicking)

Smartie
20-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Who was the last successful player-manager?

It's not a job that I can see being viable any more.

Being a manager is a tough, full-time job, especially if you're doing it for the first time.

If a player still wants to play then he should, only possibly doing minimal coaching on the side.

Stuart93
20-08-2018, 05:48 PM

Being a manager is a tough, full-time job, especially if you're doing it for the first time.

If a player still wants to play then he should, only possibly doing minimal coaching on the side.

Alex neil done well at Hamilton, unfortunately for us

pacoluna
20-08-2018, 05:58 PM
How ironic! :-)

Jesus you still going on about the fact I don't like a choice of flag.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Jesus you still going on about the fact I don't like a choice of flag.

First time I've mentioned it, at least you knew what I was referring to though.

Lago
20-08-2018, 07:06 PM
I find it hard to believe he would walk based on what your reporting.

hibees 7062
20-08-2018, 07:17 PM

What's his wife saying ? She never lies

Billy Whizz
20-08-2018, 07:19 PM
Is Miller still a Livvi player, or has he been released from his playing contract too?

leither17
20-08-2018, 07:35 PM

Roy Race?

Winston Ingram
20-08-2018, 07:36 PM
http://skysports.tv/vj8RlO

Sir David Gray
20-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Is Miller still a Livvi player, or has he been released from his playing contract too?

They didn't want him as a player so I doubt it.

Stuart93
20-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Get cash on hopkins

jabis
20-08-2018, 08:06 PM

One of the funniest things I've seen was a tourist at Elgin Cathedral,
Tour guide"the cathedral was burnt down by "eric the bas#ard"
Tourist"why was he called eric the bas#tard?"
Tour guide"cos he burnt oor cathedral doon"

Maybe had to be there 😁

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-08-2018, 08:16 PM

Maybe had to be there 😁

That appeals to my sense of humour. :-)

eastmainsmsh
20-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Danny Lennon would be a good manager for livi

AK86
20-08-2018, 09:42 PM
It was meant in a light hearted way mate 😏
My apologies, I thought you were just being uber pedantic!!
it was late , after a long weekend!!

20-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Yogi Hughes will throw his hat into the ring.

monktonharp
21-08-2018, 12:43 AM
If we have a policy of not signing players who are happy when their current team scores against us, then we will be severely constrained in future transfer markets.oh dear, Forza. you commenting at that late hour. like a wee drink do we? :wink: for the record, a couple on here seem to have a "jibe" at shall we say , late comments that don't go with their views.:greengrin

1875godsgift
21-08-2018, 12:53 AM
oh dear, Forza. you commenting at that late hour. like a wee drink do we? :wink: for the record, a couple on here seem to have a "jibe" at shall we say , late comments that don't go with their views.:greengrin

He lives in Australia mate :angeldevi

monktonharp
21-08-2018, 01:07 AM
He lives in Australia mate :angeldevioopsa daisy. those ausies are oan the beer day and night:greengrin I can see the pub from here :wink:

1875godsgift
21-08-2018, 01:12 AM
oopsa daisy. those ausies are oan the beer day and night:greengrin I can see the pub from here :wink:

nae worries just finishing ma bottle of wine n puttin it in the recycling before the missus sees :panic:

monktonharp
21-08-2018, 01:35 AM
nae worries just finishing ma bottle of wine n puttin it in the recycling before the missus sees :panic:I'm getting worried that mine's finds the emties in my "office" at home, while I am out working . she is not very friendly when I get hame at times:greengrin

Forza Fred
21-08-2018, 02:18 AM
oh dear, Forza. you commenting at that late hour. like a wee drink do we? :wink: for the record, a couple on here seem to have a "jibe" at shall we say , late comments that don't go with their views.:greengrin

Not late where I am when I posted, and posted in a state of total sobriety.

And in my experience, jibes on here can occur 24/7

HoboHarry
21-08-2018, 02:23 AM

Maybe had to be there 😁

Eric? May have surprised the Wolf of Badenoch to learn that his name was actually Eric....:greengrin:greengrin

proud_and_green
21-08-2018, 06:06 AM
Eric? May have surprised the Wolf of Badenoch to learn that his name was actually Eric....:greengrin:greengrinI wondered that too!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
21-08-2018, 06:07 AM
Would take him for both on and off the park experience, he would bring a lot to our ambition. Definitely give a lot more in coaching/developing our forwards than Colin Nish ...I watched him numerous times taking training sessions whenhe was at Cowdenbeath and ihave been better coached playing junior than what he was doing, so not very inspired seeing with our development team.

itslegaltender
21-08-2018, 07:45 AM

Yup, hearing same.

calumhibee1
21-08-2018, 08:04 AM
The assistant manager was sentenced to 10 years for dealing heroin. Worth £6m and was a “Mr FixIt” for some gangsters according to the DR. No wonder Miller is out if this guy was forced upon him. If he’s been told to choose between playing and managing I bet he was delighted to have the opportunity to get out.

lucky
21-08-2018, 08:09 AM
The assistant manager was sentenced to 10 years for dealing heroin. Worth £6m and was a “Mr FixIt” for some gangsters according to the DR. No wonder Miller is out if this guy was forced upon him. If he’s been told to choose between playing and managing I bet he was delighted to have the opportunity to get out.

The assistant manager owns the club and pays for everything but can’t be on the board as he would not pass the fit and proper person test put down by the SFA. I got told this by a SFA board member. I think the Miller sacking may finally expose what’s going at Livingston or alternatively it’s all crap

calumhibee1
21-08-2018, 08:18 AM
The assistant manager owns the club and pays for everything but can’t be on the board as he would not pass the fit and proper person test put down by the SFA. I got told this by a SFA board member. I think the Miller sacking may finally expose what’s going at Livingston or alternatively it’s all crap

I didn’t realise he was the owner. Even shadier then.

Sylar
21-08-2018, 08:30 AM

That's categorically not true in any way, shape or form.

In fact, it's a blatant lie.

oldbutdim
21-08-2018, 08:50 AM

That's news to me.
I know a couple of previous directors at the club and I've never heard of this.

Been plenty shenanigans there mind.

CropleyWasGod
21-08-2018, 08:55 AM
A couple of facts, which are in the public domain.

David Martindale was jailed for 6 and a half years, not 10.

He doesn't own Livingston FC. The majority shareholder is a holding company called Livingston 5 Limited, which in turn is owned by the SW-IDS Partnership, whoever they may be. Perhaps another reason to get at our own SW? :rolleyes:

Green Man
21-08-2018, 08:59 AM

He doesn't own Livingston FC. The majority shareholder is a holding compay called Livingston 5 Limited, which in turn is owned by the SW-IDS Partnership, whoever they may be. Perhaps another reason to get at our own SW? :rolleyes:

If Steven Whittaker is in league with Iain Duncan Smith he deserves all he gets.

Future17
21-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Get cash on hopkins

Katie?

He doesn't own Livingston FC. The majority shareholder is a holding compay called Livingston 5 Limited, which in turn is owned by the SW-IDS Partnership, whoever they may be. Perhaps another reason to get at our own SW? :rolleyes:

Particularly if he's in partnership with Iain Duncan-Smith. What a parcel of rogues! :greengrin

The_Horde
21-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Pretty sure it was MJ, not Heroin.

Time For Heroes
21-08-2018, 10:16 AM

shamone

21-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Done for Cocaine - Martindale shouldn't be anywhere near football.

calumhibee1
21-08-2018, 11:12 AM

Apologies, it was the guy that got convicted with him that was described in my previous post, I’ve got the two mixed up.

SirDavidsNapper
21-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Livingston and Hamilton relegated this season would be fantastic

The_Horde
21-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Done for Cocaine - Martindale shouldn't be anywhere near football.

Guys done his time IMO. Don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to move on.

WestStandWillie
21-08-2018, 11:38 AM
I heard its something tae dae with Tony Macaroni on the verge of administration.

CropleyWasGod
21-08-2018, 11:48 AM
I heard its something tae dae with Tony Macaroni on the verge of administration.

TM's last accounts, albeit to January 2017, showed a fairly healthy state.

That said, I am not sure why the financial problems of a sponsor would affect the decision of the club to sack/mutually terminate/whatever its head coach.

Unless TM wanted to exert a bit of influence and get a pizza the action.

patch1875
21-08-2018, 11:48 AM

Down to there last penne?

JimBHibees
21-08-2018, 11:53 AM

That said, I am not sure why the financial problems of a sponsor would affect the decision of the club to sack/mutually terminate/whatever its head coach.

:tsk tsk: :tee hee:

Maybe the club was convinced Kenny was pasta his best as a player. :embarrass

SquashedFrogg
21-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Down to there last penne?

:top marks

WhileTheChief..
21-08-2018, 12:19 PM
I’ll be amazed if Livi still exist by the end of the season.

Expect them to go into admin or fold before then.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Have we decided who the calzoner is now?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 12:25 PM

Perhaps the fans should organise a sit-in by way of a protest.

CropleyWasGod
21-08-2018, 12:32 PM
An update on the ownership.

A new company, OPCC06 Ltd, was formed to buy out Livingston 5 Ltd. That buy-out hadn't gone through as of April this year. I can't see whether it has gone through since then.

CropleyWasGod
21-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Perhaps the fans should organise a sit-in by way of a protest.

That would take away some of the impact, no?

Thecat23
21-08-2018, 12:35 PM

Same.

Cabbage East
21-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Sigh.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 12:41 PM
That would take away some of the impact, no?

Might just be a starter for ten!

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 12:43 PM
**** off with the puns...:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 12:47 PM

He doesn't own Livingston FC. The majority shareholder is a holding company called Livingston 5 Limited, which in turn is owned by the SW-IDS Partnership, whoever they may be. Perhaps another reason to get at our own SW? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I wouldnae be chuffed if someone associated with Hibs had had a bruschetta with the law like that.

The_Horde
21-08-2018, 12:48 PM

No chance.

patch1875
21-08-2018, 12:48 PM

No knead to lose the ragu.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 12:50 PM

:tumble:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Could be worse it could be called The Merdo's Stadium, then they'd really be in the ....!

danhibees1875
21-08-2018, 12:54 PM

One cannoli take so many puns.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 12:54 PM
:tumble:

Is it the delivery that bothers you G?

SideBurns
21-08-2018, 12:56 PM
I hear another ex-Hibs star is set to take over as manager.

Joe Tortellini.

Aye, aye, I'll get ma coat...

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2018, 01:03 PM
This thread is becoming a pizza piss ! 😂

oldbutdim
21-08-2018, 01:08 PM
No chance.

Agreed.

The ex Depute CEO of West Lothian Council was the majority shareholder in the last few years, although I think he spends much of his time in the USA now. Although the Council tipped them into administration previously I wouldn't be surprised if the club and the Council came to some agreement if it became really necessary.
At present they have doubled the number of STs and are 'under new management' of a local businessman so no reason to think they are in a precarious financial position.

No more than is the norm at that place anyway.
:wink:

itslegaltender
21-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Agreed.

The ex Depute CEO of West Lothian Council was the majority shareholder in the last few years, although I think he spends much of his time in the USA now. Although the Council tipped them into administration previously I wouldn't be surprised if the club and the Council came to some agreement if it became really necessary.
At present they have doubled the number of STs and are 'under new management' of a local businessman so no reason to think they are in a precarious financial position.

No more than is the norm at that place anyway.

Neil Rankine is still there and very much in charge. Seen him there today.

southsider
21-08-2018, 01:25 PM
Re the Livi pitch. These are made from recycled tyres and imho should be banned. Did anyone see the picture after a tackle when dozens of small rubber particles came up from the pitch ? Would anyone wish the breath the cr*p into their lungs ? There will be law suits in the near future where players develop lung problems from playing on these pitches. Case studies in the US will highlight those concerns.

Phil MaGlass
21-08-2018, 01:25 PM
One cannoli take so many puns.

:greengrin

JimboHibs
21-08-2018, 01:28 PM

🤣🤣

Smartie
21-08-2018, 01:31 PM
To be fair, we've not had a good pun thread since meatball left.

Springbank
21-08-2018, 01:53 PM
To be fair, we've not had a good pun thread since meatball left.

To summarise, Kenny would have stayed but he was forced to bring Polentoni with him, he could work with Paul but never Toni?

Beefster
21-08-2018, 02:58 PM

It’s seems you’ve done a cracking job of getting everything in your post wrong.

oldbutdim
21-08-2018, 03:04 PM

He got the last three words right.

where'stheslope
21-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Appears Miller is about to join Stubbsie at St Mirren, on the STV news!

hfc rd
21-08-2018, 06:08 PM

Could make his debut against Livingston this weekend. Would be hilarious if he scored the winner which I hope he does!

Hermit Crab
21-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Thats that then, no more talk about him coming to us thankfully.

G B Young
21-08-2018, 07:01 PM
One of Miller's greatest assets is that Potter loathes him. Kenny was the striker benched to make way for the infamous 4-6-0 Scotland formation that Potter has never been able to live down and wasn't slow in letting the media know what he thought about it.

Smartie
21-08-2018, 07:15 PM
One of Miller's greatest assets is that Potter loathes him. Kenny was the striker benched to make way for the infamous 4-6-0 Scotland formation that Potter has never been able to live down and wasn't slow in letting the media know what he thought about it.

One of the things that incensed me most about that night was that Miller was bang on form at the time - ideal for being a lone striker running his legs off closing defenders down.

Levein couldn't say he didn't have any options.

I always liked Miller as a player.

Eyrie
21-08-2018, 07:20 PM

Do you mean that HC has a very short fusilli?

HoboHarry
21-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Do you mean that HC has a very short fusilli?
Aye and he is willing to award a Trofie to the person who bans puns........

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 09:57 PM
One of the things that incensed me most about that night was that Miller was bang on form at the time - ideal for being a lone striker running his legs off closing defenders down.

Levein couldn't say he didn't have any options.

I always liked Miller as a player.

Magic trip apart from the game, said that too often about Scotland away games! Paris was good though. :-) The Cat and Kenny looked after me once or twice which was nice.

Smartie
21-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Magic trip apart from the game, said that too often about Scotland away games! Paris was good though. :-)

Prague was my last proper away trip (other than England away during the last campaign) and as you say, it was a cracking trip.

I really miss them. TBH the game in Prague broke my group of mates up as we took the hump to differing extents, and we fell out of the way of going.

We don't even do the home games now, unless they're on a Saturday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Prague was my last proper away trip (other than England away during the last campaign) and as you say, it was a cracking trip.

I really miss them. TBH the game in Prague broke my group of mates up as we took the hump to differing extents, and we fell out of the way of going.

We don't even do the home games now, unless they're on a Saturday.

I think Spain was the last home game I was at, magic! Just not for me though. Away games are the way forward, was on a good run for a while without being in The TC, family issues have moved them aside unfortunately. I would never have got to within about 500yds of reactor 4 @ Chernobyl if I hadnae went to the 2-0 game in Kiev, perspective is a wonderful thing.

lapsedhibee
22-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Re the Livi pitch. These are made from recycled tyres and imho should be banned. Did anyone see the picture after a tackle when dozens of small rubber particles came up from the pitch ? Would anyone wish the breath the cr*p into their lungs ? There will be law suits in the near future where players develop lung problems from playing on these pitches. Case studies in the US will highlight those concerns.

Any link please?

jacomo
22-08-2018, 07:04 AM
Any link please?

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2017/01/27/health/artificial-turf-cancer-study-profile/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

This story is 18 months old, not sure how this story has developed but certainly widespread concern about use of shredded tyres as artificial soil.

EDIT: this article seems a balanced summary:

http://www.5-a-side.com/news/does-artificial-turf-give-you-cancer/

In short, no proven risk, although they do recommend certain precautions if playing on rubber crumb.

There is increasing concern about air pollution caused by tiny particles of car tyres. I wouldn’t want to breathe in this stuff.

lapsedhibee
22-08-2018, 09:29 AM
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2017/01/27/health/artificial-turf-cancer-study-profile/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

This story is 18 months old, not sure how this story has developed but certainly widespread concern about use of shredded tyres as artificial soil.

EDIT: this article seems a balanced summary:

http://www.5-a-side.com/news/does-artificial-turf-give-you-cancer/

In short, no proven risk, although they do recommend certain precautions if playing on rubber crumb.

There is increasing concern about air pollution caused by tiny particles of car tyres. I wouldn’t want to breathe in this stuff.

:aok: Thanks.

I can't understand how there can be concern about this without a concomitant :wink: concern about the fact that car tyres wear out on roads. All the bad stuff is in the atmosphere from car use - why pick on artificial turf as villain? :confused:

Billy Whizz
22-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Holt appointed manager

Diclonius
22-08-2018, 06:56 PM
http://d2dzjyo4yc2sta.cloudfront.net/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F3108468%2F15127214 13_0.jpg&w=720&t=fit&q=85

HibbyAndy
22-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Gary holt

jacomo
22-08-2018, 08:26 PM

This guy:

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/scottish-news/livingston-fc-under-fire-for-giving-coaching-role-to-drugs-crook/

monktonharp
23-08-2018, 12:18 AM
I know what Kenny has told me. That’s the truth! I love how folk actually believe these statements that come out after clubs sack a manager or managers walk. It’s all to keep it looking civil. But hey you know the contract so maybe Kennys lying 🤔good to know that you have contact with him. give him my regards, and tell him I loved him scoring the 3rd goal in the Millenium Derby when he was 17. also tell him I am glad he is one of us.

monktonharp
23-08-2018, 12:28 AM
Would take him for both on and off the park experience, he would bring a lot to our ambition. Definitely give a lot more in coaching/developing our forwards than Colin Nish ...I watched him numerous times taking training sessions whenhe was at Cowdenbeath and ihave been better coached playing junior than what he was doing, so not very inspired seeing with our development team.sorry, but a wee bit confused wi your comment. Nish nae good, but Miller is guid.? do we need a goalscorer coach / not being funny but is that your angle/?

monktonharp
23-08-2018, 12:46 AM
Could make his debut against Livingston this weekend. Would be hilarious if he scored the winner which I hope he does!I hope he does too, and it's an own goal

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2018, 08:11 AM

Cononically if you had a cathedral your a city

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2018, 08:13 AM

You forgot the Johnny Come Lately that is Paisley

lucky
23-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Can you explain what you mean? Yogi is now being quoted as saying Martindale has put money into the club and is calling the shots

green day
23-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Can you explain what you mean? Yogi is now being quoted as saying Martindale has put money into the club and is calling the shots

Yogi is probably Bleeds Green

JimBHibees
23-08-2018, 08:36 AM

What a strange situation if that is true. I am sure the SFA's fit and proper person criteria will be stringently used in this instance just like it has with other clubs. :greengrin

jacomo
23-08-2018, 08:39 AM

See my link above. Martindale is a former bar owner and convicted for drug offences. He initially worked at Livingston in an unpaid coaching role... now it seems he has rather more influence.

It’s murky.

Iain G
23-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Yogi is probably Bleeds Green

Blethers green more like...

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2018, 09:00 AM
http://d2dzjyo4yc2sta.cloudfront.net/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F3108468%2F15127214 13_0.jpg&w=720&t=fit&q=85

wrong Holt :)

lucky
23-08-2018, 09:02 AM
See my link above. Martindale is a former bar owner and convicted for drug offences. He initially worked at Livingston in an unpaid coaching role... now it seems he has rather more influence.

It’s murky.

Saw it mate, I’m aware of some the circumstances that are going on at Livingston and it’s only a matter of time before it all goes horribly wrong for them again.

Beefster
23-08-2018, 11:27 AM

To be fair, I was just responding to a number of earlier responses that accused you of lying, being wrong, offering proof that you were wrong etc. I'm more than happy to retract my post if you can provide concrete proof of him...

- 'owning the club'
- 'paying for everything'

PS John Hughes spraffing in the press/media doesn't count as proof.

lucky
23-08-2018, 12:22 PM
To be fair, I was just responding to a number of earlier responses that accused you of lying, being wrong, offering proof that you were wrong etc. I'm more than happy to retract my post if you can provide concrete proof of him...

- 'owning the club'

Obviously I can’t prove anything but it’s common knowledge within the Scottish game. Martindale is running the club. He does not have his badges but is the assistant manager and has being financially supporting them. He’s the one calling the shots at the club.

jacomo
23-08-2018, 12:24 PM

- 'owning the club'

I have no insider knowledge but something seems very murky.

The circumstances around Martindale being at the club are unusual to say the least. On the face of it he seems poorly qualified to be an assistant coach.

The director (Ward?) is doing a lot of media and is saying they are keeping the backroom team ‘out of a sense of loyalty’. This implies Martindale is a regular employee. But he also says that Martindale is involved in bringing players into the club - unusual, you might say, although perhaps explicable at a smaller club with a smaller group of employees.

The rest is rumour... but there is enough to suggest something very odd in the club’s set up. Perhaps a journalist might care to do some digging?

Thecat23
23-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Kenny won’t be joining Hibs. He’s spoke to Lennon and at this time Lennon feels he isn’t what he’s looking for.

California-Hibs
23-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Kenny won’t be joining Hibs. He’s spoke to Lennon and at this time Lennon feels he isn’t what he’s looking for.

Quite disappointed by that. Brilliant option off the bench.

Green Man
23-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Martindale and Hopkin go back quite some time, it was Hopkin who initially brought him on board. I’m not sure if he started working on coaching while he was in jail, but it’s what he wanted to do when he got out.

eastmainsmsh
23-08-2018, 02:06 PM

I like KM he could do a job feel he would be great for strikers we have in 1st team and youths Coaching

SideBurns
23-08-2018, 02:19 PM

I think it's a missed opportunity, but if Lennon is looking elsewhere I'll trust he has something in the pipeline. There'll be as many Hibbies who'll be happy as there are those (like me) who are disappointed, however - was always going to be a signing which divided opinion!

CapitalGreen
23-08-2018, 02:23 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/RDbZGZ3O0UmL6/giphy.gif