McIntosh
19-08-2018, 11:18 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5112

gogsy23
20-08-2018, 12:02 AM
Good goals from hibs.

Hi Heid Yin
20-08-2018, 12:17 AM
A fantastic debut by Daryl Horgan. He has it all - pace, trickery, stamina and goals to boot.
Mallen's goal was a typical scorcher from distance. What a great signing he has been as well - 6 goals at this early stage of the season from a midfielder is practically unheard of.
Efe was, well, typical Effy, he goes from quality and class to "bumbling schoolboy" in a split second. Neil Lennon was not too happy with him and, indeed, commented on his penalty calamity after the game.
Overall a gritty if unspectacular performance from our boys, and, let's face it, getting through is the prime aim in cup games. Pleasing-on-the-eye footie is a bonus.

Lemonade
20-08-2018, 12:50 AM
Good goals from hibs.

:agree:

Stunning goals.

Man Down Under
20-08-2018, 01:11 AM
I don't think Mallan has had one shot inside the box for Hibs yet. Never seen someone so consistent at getting shots on target from distance. He's my new Barker in terms of pure entertainment.

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

monktonharp
20-08-2018, 01:20 AM
I don't think Mallan has had one shot inside the box for Hibs yet. Never seen someone so consistent at getting shots on target from distance. He's my new Barker in terms of pure entertainment.

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalkhis set piece shots seem much better with a bit of distance. he seems to have a certain knack of curving shots over the wall and his shots tend to curve downwards. brilliant goal yesterday though.

Bishop Hibee
20-08-2018, 06:16 AM
3 great goals from Hibs. Nice start to a Monday seeing them again.

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 06:22 AM
3 great goals from Hibs. Nice start to a Monday seeing them again.

Yep fantastic goals all 3 Horgan looks a real asset and Stevie Mallan is such a goal threat from outside the box.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Great goals from us but the penalty award was a joke IMO

Hibernian Verse
20-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Great goals from us but the penalty award was a joke IMO

A joke in the sense that Ambrose needs to just clear the ball, doesn't and takes the boy down?

Bob1875
20-08-2018, 09:34 AM
A joke in the sense that Ambrose needs to just clear the ball, doesn't and takes the boy down?

A joke in the sense that you’ll struggle to see a more blatant stonewaller all season?

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Having seen the penalty incident again for the first time, its a stonewaller, what was Efe thinking? It was a harmless cross going straight to Laidlaws arms and it looked as if he he shouted for the ball.

Lago
20-08-2018, 10:40 AM
You know I Iistened to the game on radio & followed the match thread on .net. I have to say that all on BBC Scotland were pretty positive about Hibs, while pointing out their poor points. Today I've read the match report in 2 daily papers, again positive, yet on the match thread the majority were less than impressed, the term crap used on numerous occasions. So whose right ? Are we as fans overly critical or are the pundits too kind ?
Seeing the highlights, well great goals from Hibs.

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 10:56 AM
You know I Iistened to the game on radio & followed the match thread on .net. I have to say that all on BBC Scotland were pretty positive about Hibs, while pointing out their poor points. Today I've read the match report in 2 daily papers, again positive, yet on the match thread the majority were less than impressed, the term crap used on numerous occasions. So whose right ? Are we as fans overly critical or are the pundits too kind ?

You also need to credit Ross county who look like they are keen to get back up. They have a number of experienced top league players in their team and have strengthened so were never going to be an easy game especially after beating Dunfermline last week at East end. On top of that given our european exploits and rotating the squad a bit we did extremely well to come through the tie.

Lago
20-08-2018, 12:03 PM
:aok:
You also need to credit Ross county who look like they are keen to get back up. They have a number of experienced top league players in their team and have strengthened so were never going to be an easy game especially after beating Dunfermline last week at East end. On top of that given our european exploits and rotating the squad a bit we did extremely well to come through the tie.

gogsy23
20-08-2018, 01:18 PM
The tempo ross county played at was superb, they only dropped off for the last 10 mins which was crucial for us. Big strong physical team that wanted to get the ball down. Hope the come up

basehibby
20-08-2018, 03:41 PM

There was undoubtably a bit of sloppiness about our play at times and Ross County looked more like the SPL side for large portions of the match. You could perhaps put it down to tired legs and unsettled line up but there were too many misplaced passes and under par performances throughout the team. That said, when the chips were down (ie when Ross County twice went ahead and in the closing stages) this Hibs side showed they had character and quality in reserve and produced it in the shape of three well executed goals. So - both POVs are valid to some extent. The fans are right to expect more while the praise from the media is not entirely misplaced for an entertaining match - although Ross County deserve their share of the plaudits and can perhaps consider themselves unfortunate.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Didn't appreciate how good Mallan's goal was from the East - thought it was straight and just dipped quickly. Superb strike, whipped right into the corner.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Didn't appreciate how good Mallan's goal was from the East - thought it was straight and just dipped quickly. Superb strike, whipped right into the corner.

Yeah, me too. At the time I thought it was very speculative and caught the keeper napping but it was a very good strike - albeit the keeper was a bit slow (unsighted maybe?).

Deeds
20-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Went yesterday to get a look at some of the new recruits. Like the look of Horgan who got better as the game went on. Was quite impressed with Hyndman should some nice flashes of skill and his direct running at the defence was good, pity that he faded out the game...all great goals tho...ref was murder.

PatHead
21-08-2018, 06:46 AM

Must admit I thought it was deflected due to the movement. Didn’t realise it was a squiggler!

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2018, 06:51 AM
Having seen the penalty incident again for the first time, its a stonewaller, what was Efe thinking? It was a harmless cross going straight to Laidlaws arms and it looked as if he he shouted for the ball.
Efe is definitely at fault but imo if that’s Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous then we would have more than a few people on here jumping to their defence by saying he didn’t get a shout from his team mates or something similar.

JimBHibees
21-08-2018, 06:54 AM
Must admit I thought it was deflected due to the movement. Didn’t realise it was a squiggler!

He caught the goalie out by shaping as if he was putting it in the right corner then reversed the shot to the other corner, brilliant goal.

The_Horde
21-08-2018, 10:25 AM
He caught the goalie out by shaping as if he was putting it in the right corner then reversed the shot to the other corner, brilliant goal.

Used the defenders as a wall too, ensuring the goalie seen it late.

JimBHibees
21-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Used the defenders as a wall too, ensuring the goalie seen it late.

Yep superb play.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Efe is definitely at fault but imo if that’s Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous then we would have more than a few people on here jumping to their defence by saying he didn’t get a shout from his team mates or something similar.

If that's Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous the ball would have been hoofed up the park before the County lad had a chance to get to it. That was typical Efe for me, he just cant bring himself to launch the ball when that's the best option and its exactly the sort of thing that lead to Neil Lennon having a wee go at him after the game.

I love Efe and the way he tries to play himself out of situations to find a pass, but it can lead to exactly the sort of thing that happened on Saturday and if there's one thing he can still add to his game its deciding when its possible to do that and when its not.

greenlex
21-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Aye:rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2018, 05:07 PM
If that's Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous the ball would have been hoofed up the park before the County lad had a chance to get to it. That was typical Efe for me, he just cant bring himself to launch the ball when that's the best option and its exactly the sort of thing that lead to Neil Lennon having a wee go at him after the game.

I love Efe and the way he tries to play himself out of situations to find a pass, but it can lead to exactly the sort of thing that happened on Saturday and if there's one thing he can still add to his game its deciding when its possible to do that and when its not.
You’re probably right actually, especially with McGregor and Porteous.

greenlex
21-08-2018, 05:12 PM
:rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Aye:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
I genuinely have no idea what your problem is

SquashedFrogg
21-08-2018, 06:10 PM

So you don't think Hanlon would've dealt with it?

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2018, 06:15 PM
So you don't think Hanlon would've dealt with it?
I think he would have dealt with it very well, probably better than the rest. I think he would have been less likely to do so by hoofing it up the park though.

SquashedFrogg
21-08-2018, 06:42 PM
I think he would have dealt with it very well, probably better than the rest. I think he would have been less likely to do so by hoofing it up the park though.

Fair enough. I suspect a hoof would've been carried out by Hanlon. Or perhaps just leave it for the keeper.