PDA

View Full Version : Singing section

Hibernian32
19-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Where was it today? Did they protest because they didn’t get to go behind then goals in the FF or did the drummer not fancy it today? Me and my mates are a tad confused.

H18 SFR
19-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Badly missed either way.

BullsCloseHibs
19-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Aye its rubbish in the ff

Sooner back in the east the better

ancient hibee
19-08-2018, 07:57 PM
I never notice them anyway.I am getting a little deaf of course:greengrin

Lemonade
19-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Hibs should be accommodating these guys as much as possible. They are fantastic.

Hibernian32
19-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Aye its rubbish in the ff

Sooner back in the east the better
I want them to be at the lower of the FF, I think when they got the tickets refunded they have separated and got tickets else where or took took the hump and just missed today.

Hibernian32
19-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Hibs should be accommodating these guys as much as possible. They are fantastic.
100%

DC_Hibs
19-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Think there’s more than a few less than impressed with the club’s handling of this and one individual in particular.

Hopefully lessons are learned before it costs our club more in lost revenue.

The last thing we need is a stadium (quarter) full of Hibs.net types ken.

PatHead
19-08-2018, 08:07 PM
If the singing section boycotted the match I think it was the wrong thing to do, especially a cup tie. Not sure what it proves.

They create a great atmosphere and it was missed today. I am not sure what the solution is but I hope that one can be found in the near future.

theonlywayisup
19-08-2018, 08:10 PM

Rubbish! Hibs have accommodated them. What if they move to the FFL and that doesn't work. What happens next?

Are you really suggesting Hibs move existing ST holders to accommodate people who organise a boycott against the club.

By the way, well done to the 8,000 plus who actually did attend today.

H18 SFR
19-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Boycott?

Danny_Hibee
19-08-2018, 08:13 PM
If the singing section boycotted the match I think it was the wrong thing to do, especially a cup tie. Not sure what it proves.

They create a great atmosphere and it was missed today. I am not sure what the solution is but I hope that one can be found in the near future.

Not sure I blame them if they did boycott today. They bought legitimate tickets for the game and had these refunded by the club and were effectively told they weren't welcome in those seats. I would have been tempted not to buy another ticket in those circumstances as well.

PatHead
19-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Might have been tempted but would never boycott a match because I wasn’t given the seat I wanted.

Blaster
19-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Not sure I blame them if they did boycott today. They bought legitimate tickets for the game and had these refunded by the club and were effectively told they weren't welcome in those seats. I would have been tempted not to buy another ticket in those circumstances as well.

They simply didn’t. They bought adults only tickets in a family section. Hibs can only be so accommodating to 250 fans. We have 13000 other season ticket holders to look after as well as the singing section

hfc rd
19-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Will they be back for the Aberdeen game on Saturday?

Wasn’t at the game today but heard it was like a library today. These Since1875 guys create a great atmosphere and I thoroughly appreciate what they do.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-08-2018, 08:22 PM
I want them to be at the lower of the FF, I think when they got the tickets refunded they have separated and got tickets else where or took took the hump and just missed today.

:agree: FF lower right behind the goals would be the optimum position. The shallower rake of the lower should lend itself to Safe standing (like in Molde...). Just get it done Hibs.

18Craig75
19-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Pathetic if they boycotted over their unplanned move to the family section.

I’ve been a big fan, especially of the displays last season, but I don’t think the group have covered themselves in glory this past week. Really immature if they’ve thrown the toys out of the pram because the club enforced their (clear) rules regarding no single adult ticket sales in the FF lower (family section). Also, I’m not sure the groups new compilation song about a dead man, sang on repeat, would really be befitting of a family section.

The league cup accounts for 50% of the trophies we can realistically win each year. The groups absence today contributed to a flat atmosphere. Poor show I’m my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radium
19-08-2018, 08:33 PM

I’ve been a big fan, especially of the displays last season, but I don’t think the group have covered themselves in glory this past week. Really immature if they’ve thrown the toys out of the pram because the club enforced their (clear) rules regarding no single adult ticket sales in the FF lower (family section). Also, I’m not sure the groups new compilation song about a dead man, sang on repeat, would really be befitting of a family section.

The league cup accounts for 50% of the trophies we can realistically win each year. The groups absence today contributed to a flat atmosphere. Poor show I’m my opinion.

As one of the eight thousand odd who were there today, the responsibility for the flat atmosphere lies with me and the rest who sat on their hands.

Stuart93
19-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Has anyone considered that they weren't refunded for the tickets yet and didn't want to fork out yet another £20 to attend the game?

Sure I seen one of them say they hadn't yet received their refunds for the tickets.

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2018, 08:42 PM

that's a good point

Babyshamble
19-08-2018, 08:44 PM
The singing section have been brilliant.they had no right to buy tickets for the family section.if they boycotted todays for that reason then shame on them.Hibs have 13k other ST holders to look after.

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Rubbish! Hibs have accommodated them. What if they move to the FFL and that doesn't work. What happens next?

Are you really suggesting Hibs move existing ST holders to accommodate people who organise a boycott against the club.

Think it’s safe to say they’d be heard more in the FF lower than tucked away up in the corner. I hope Hibs do have something lined up becouse these guys are superb and deserve to try build something even bigger.

18Craig75
19-08-2018, 08:46 PM
As one of the eight thousand odd who were there today, the responsibility for the flat atmosphere lies with me and the rest who sat on their hands.

If like me you cheered when we scored today, or offered any shouts of encouragement to the team, then you at least contributed something.

To be honest, I think it was always going to be flat today - but you can’t contribute if you’re not there.

Maybe the guys have their reasons for not going, it’s their choice. They’ve generally been positive for the atmosphere at ER, I just think all this boycotting and plans to move is a bit too Green Brigade tbh.

wearethehibs
19-08-2018, 08:47 PM

Clear rules??

This week is the 1st time I have ever heard this rule and its the 1st time Ive seen Hibs put a notice on the website about this ""clear rule".

If it was such a well known and enforced rule, how could anyone buy a single adult ticket in the FF lower?

I can actually buy one for the Aberdeen game on Saturday right now if I wanted to.

Bob Box Fish
19-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Come back all is forgiven.

andyf5
19-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Clear rules??

This week is the 1st time I have ever heard this rule and its the 1st time Ive seen Hibs put a notice on the website about this ""clear rule".

If it was such a well known and enforced rule, how could anyone buy a single adult ticket in the FF lower?

I can actually buy one for the Aberdeen game on Saturday right now if I wanted to.

There appears to be a lack of communication here. I thought the club would be speaking to the singing section and coming to some mutual agreement? They have been an important part of the matchday experience for some years now but appear to have been treated heavy handedly for this game.

TiaMaria
19-08-2018, 08:56 PM

This

Lemonade
19-08-2018, 09:03 PM

Rubbish ? :faf:

I did say "as much as possible"

Radium
19-08-2018, 09:50 PM
If like me you cheered when we scored today, or offered any shouts of encouragement to the team, then you at least contributed something.

To be honest, I think it was always going to be flat today - but you can’t contribute if you’re not there.

Maybe the guys have their reasons for not going, it’s their choice. They’ve generally been positive for the atmosphere at ER, I just think all this boycotting and plans to move is a bit too Green Brigade tbh.

Is the boycott speculation or like at least 5k season ticket holders did they have their own reasons for not attending.

Serious question as I have not seen anything from them outlining a boycott.

their plan for sitting behind the goals was stopped by the club and I saw nothing today that suggested that they did anything but respect the clubs decision

CMac1988
19-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Family section should be moved to the lower west. Always liked the idea of the lower famous five being a wall of noise helping and galvanising our own whilst intimidating the opposition.

That being said that's only my opinion and I don't sit there currently and have no divine right to dismiss the view of those that have done so for years.

Greentinted
19-08-2018, 10:32 PM
I may be wrong here but AFAIK after having been essentially refused access to the FF Lower after purchasing tickets for behind the goal and subsequently refunded their ticket costs, many were reluctant to purchase further tickets for the accepted area purely because the refunds for the original bought tickets havent been received/cleared. It may seem a paltry amount to many but £20 is a fair whack for some of these younger lads and lassies.
Nothing particularly sinister tbh.

They'll be back in their designated area for next week as that's where they have their season tickets.

lord bunberry
19-08-2018, 10:36 PM
I may be wrong here but AFAIK after having been essentially refused access to the FF Lower after purchasing tickets for behind the goal and subsequently refunded their ticket costs, many were reluctant to purchase further tickets for the accepted area purely because the refunds for the original bought tickets havent been received/cleared. It may seem a paltry amount to many but £20 is a fair whack for some of these younger lads and lassies.

They'll be back in their designated area for next week as that's where they have their season tickets.
That’s how I saw it as well. I’m sure one of them said as much.

Chorley Hibee
20-08-2018, 06:01 AM
Clear rules??

Correct, I frequently bought an individual adult ticket for the lower FF last season without any problem.

theonlywayisup
20-08-2018, 06:15 AM

Sorry, I don't see it that way.

Through the power of social media a large group obviously decided not to buy tickets in their usual FFU section prior to the deadline. Then the same group decided to buy tickets in the FFL. When these got refunded, as a group they decided not to purchase tickets at all.

I can understand some or many deciding that they would rather save their £20 for another day. But all as a group.

Call it what you want but that was a boycott.

Onceinawhile
20-08-2018, 06:18 AM
Sorry, I don't see it that way.

Through the power of social media a large group obviously decided not to buy tickets in their usual FFU section prior to the deadline. Then the same group decided to buy tickets in the FFL. When these got refunded, as a group they decided not to purchase tickets at all.

I can understand some or many deciding that they would rather save their £20 for another day. But all as a group.

Call it what you want but that was a boycott.

It wasn't that they decided to save the £20 for another day. It is that, as has been said numerous times, they never received the refunds in time to buy tickets again.

hibeesathampden
20-08-2018, 06:58 AM
While I don’t doubt that refunds weren’t in on time; I think the group have taken that as an opportunity to stay away and prove a point about their worth to the club and the atmosphere on match day.

I wouldn’t take much notice on this occasion. The match was always going to be poorly attended and singing section or not, a pretty flat atmosphere was expected.

Now if they wanted to prove a point like that, try staying away on derby day or against Celtic or The Rangers. I guarantee the stadium will still be rocking. There can still be an atmosphere without them. I’m not suggesting this is done by the way, there is no doubt that they add to the atmosphere and displays etc have been magnificent. They cannot however, expect Hibs to keep inconveniencing other fans when they have a change of heart re where they sit. I think Hibs are right to show that every supporter is valued not just those in a certain group.

I do appreciate that no one in the group has to explain their absence, or where they may have eventually chosen to sit yesterday. My point I suppose is that it very much feels like this has been a poorly made point making exercise.

I hope they sort out any issues with the club and continue to contribute to the increasingly positive atmosphere around Easter Road.

we are hibs
20-08-2018, 07:15 AM
The family section is a nonsense. It's half full most weeks and the picture I seen of the section on Twitter yesterday there were one or two kids in the section they wanted to move to. The club obviously think empty seats in the famous 5 lower looks better than people trying to create an atmosphere.

marinello59
20-08-2018, 07:26 AM
The family section is a nonsense. It's half full most weeks and the picture I seen of the section on Twitter yesterday there were one or two kids in the section they wanted to move to. The club obviously think empty seats in the famous 5 lower looks better than people trying to create an atmosphere.

There were gaps all round the stadium. You are right though,the club making football affordable for family groups is a nonsense. Chuck them out I say and give the seats to more deserving supporters.

we are hibs
20-08-2018, 07:34 AM
There were gaps all round the stadium. You are right though,the club making football affordable for family groups is a nonsense. Chuck them out I say and give the seats to more deserving supporters.

I didn't say that did I? Clearly the whole of the bottom tier being used for a family section is a nonsense when it's half full most weeks. People on here like putting words in other people's mouths though so crack on

lucky
20-08-2018, 07:39 AM
A club without fans is no club at all. Leeanne has got a lot right since she arrived but refunding tickets which Hibs had already sold was wrong. As for the guys not showing up, well that’s their choice and was a very clear way of sending a message that they won’t get treated poorly again. I think we all accept that the singing section improves the atmosphere in the ground but being stuck up in the corner of the FF upper is not working.

PatHead
20-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Family section should be moved to the lower west. Always liked the idea of the lower famous five being a wall of noise helping and galvanising our own whilst intimidating the opposition.

That being said that's only my opinion and I don't sit there currently and have no divine right to dismiss the view of those that have done so for years.
And where do the fans who currently have their season ticket in the lower west go?

Blaster
20-08-2018, 07:43 AM

Remember you couldn’t buy tickets for this section all last week

CMac1988
20-08-2018, 07:54 AM
And where do the fans who currently have their season ticket in the lower west go?

I don't have all the answers and it would have to be a collaborative effort if something like that was to go ahead with supporters from all sections having to agree.

Understandably I'm aware there could be a good few who wouldn't be keen on moving which would effectively render this idea mute.

As it stands though the atmosphere within Easter Road could be substantially improved with a number of moves.

Winston Ingram
20-08-2018, 08:10 AM
I'd assumed they boycotted it. If they did, they've made themselves look very stupid.

The club put out a very reasonable and fair statement on this so if it was a boycott, it's come across as a very childish huff.

Heckys Wheel
20-08-2018, 08:15 AM
I'd assumed they boycotted it. If they did, they've made themselves look very stupid.

The club put out a very reasonable and fair statement on this so if it was a boycott, it's come across as a very childish huff.

I get the impression it won’t be confirmed as a boycott but was more of a toys out the pram scenario.

Keith_M
20-08-2018, 08:18 AM

And what would you do with all those that currently have Season Tickets in the Lower West that you'd designate a Family section? Forcibly move all of them to the FF Lower?

So for the benefit of one small group that weren't happy in the original Singing Section the club had provided in section 43, we need to move roughly 1,800 ST Holders from the FF Lower to the West Stand, and then a further 1,800 ST holders out of the West stand to be told to find seats elsewhere... either to the remaining seats in the FF Lower, at the ends of the West/East stand where most people normally avoid... or stuck in the corner where the Singing Section are currently located.

I'm sorry, but that is a completely ridiculous idea.

Heedersnvolleys
20-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Remember you couldn’t buy tickets for this section all last week
Who’s fault is that?

wookie70
20-08-2018, 08:21 AM
The family area has probably resulted in me making three Hibs lifers and although the club may have taken a hit over the few years they were £25 tickets they will see that as speculating to accumulate. Kids have lots of activities when younger, Birthday Parties, sports, illnesses, night time games difficult etc etc. It would be nice if we could lay off the family section as from what I can see all areas of the ground have many seats spare even when sold out.

I'll not dispute that the best place for the singing section may be behind the goals but the only way they will get that wish is with positive dialogue with the club and not boycotting games and trying to force the agenda. I think the club could have also done a bit better on this occasion but their statement explained their thinking and I think they were correct in their actions.

If I was still in the family section I would be delighted to get £25 tickets up where the signing section currently reside so there is a solution that is possible. Another possibility is to move the family section to the south for Cat B games and give them priority when buying tickets for Cat A games before the general sale. Make the kids tickets free and the adult tickets reduced accordingly with the deduction of what the Cat A games would cost.

hibbysam
And what would you do with all those that currently have Season Tickets in the Lower West that you'd designate a Family section? Forcibly move all of them to the FF Lower?

So for the benefit of one small group that weren't happy in the original Singing Section the club had provided in section 43, we need to move roughly 1,800 ST Holders from the FF Lower to the West Stand, and then a further 1,800 ST holders out of the West stand to be told to find seats elsewhere... either in the FF Lower or stuck in the corner where the Singing Section are currently located.

I think there should be family friendly pricing all around the stadium, we should also be selling ST’s in the south stand with a guaranteed ticket in one of the other three stands when Hearts come to town. Long term for the SS it’s not an easy solution, but it should be something the club are working towards. For this game, the response from the club was poor and has done them out of a decent revenue stream in regards to reselling tickets in FFL for big games.

SquashedFrogg
Correct, I frequently bought an individual adult ticket for the lower FF last season without any problem.

And you had absolutely no idea that the FF lower was an area of the stadium aimed at families?

Winston Ingram
20-08-2018, 08:23 AM
I get the impression it won’t be confirmed as a boycott but was more of a toys out the pram scenario.

Exactly

Heedersnvolleys
20-08-2018, 08:26 AM
There is no need to move anyone the FF lower is big enough to cater for both. Split it in half, east side the the SS (sorry I like calling them that 🤣) and the West side the FS. Bet if that happened the FS would be full all the time. If was a kid I would love to be sitting next to these bams :flag:

Keith_M
20-08-2018, 08:26 AM
I think there should be family friendly pricing all around the stadium, we should also be selling ST’s in the south stand with a guaranteed ticket in one of the other three stands when Hearts come to town. Long term for the SS it’s not an easy solution, but it should be something the club are working towards. For this game, the response from the club was poor and has done them out of a decent revenue stream in regards to reselling tickets in FFL for big games.

But the main reason people are even suggesting this is to facilitate a group of roughly 100 fans, with NO evidence whatsoever that nearly 2,000 people actually want to be in a Singing Section in the FF Lower (which is what it would take for this to work)

It's quite clear that those putting forward this idea really haven't thought it out.

I'm sorry, but I'm with the club on this one.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2018, 08:37 AM
A game against Ross County on a wet Sunday was never going to have an atmosphere to rival the Curva Nord with or without the singing section. The guys do a good job but let's not pretend there aren't games at which it's been flat when they have been there. That's not on them, it's on all fans. I'll admit I'm not really a singer so I'm more culpable for quieter atmospheres than guys who are trying to get something going.

Hopefully yesterdays meeting cleared the air and they are back in situ for the next game, it's a shame when any Hibs fans are put in a position where they are unable to attend as appears to be the case here with the failed refunds.

Blaster
20-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Who’s fault is that?

Initially the singing section but then hibs could have had them back on sale once refunded the 90 or so that were purchased

J-C
20-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Instead of a refund why did the club not just re issue the singing section members with seats back in the upper section and they could've still attended the game without any real problems.

PatHead
20-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Instead of a refund why did the club not just re issue the singing section members with seats back in the upper section and they could've still attended the game without any real problems.

Sure anyone could have contacted the club and arranged that. Maybe they didn’t want to go if their mates weren’t going.

JXM73
20-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Since we're all dreaming and speculating, you cant really change this mid season but I'd make FF lower safe standing with the SS in there. Family can have the upper corner, though should be offered same deal in other stands.

Cheap tickets in standing area too...

But not gonna happen...

CMac1988
20-08-2018, 10:08 AM

So for the benefit of one small group that weren't happy in the original Singing Section the club had provided in section 43, we need to move roughly 1,800 ST Holders from the FF Lower to the West Stand, and then a further 1,800 ST holders out of the West stand to be told to find seats elsewhere... either to the remaining seats in the FF Lower, at the ends of the West/East stand where most people normally avoid... or stuck in the corner where the Singing Section are currently located.

If you read on past my initial comment you will have seen I posted again.

Hyperbole much?

Is there really 1800 season ticket holders in the lower FF? Equally does everyone sitting there do so because it's the family section? I very much doubt it. Those who aren't taking advantage of the cost saving a child season ticket in the FF lower can stay put or move out to the sides and/or upper sections in the stand if they so wish. Those who do make use of the family season tickets are those who could be moved. I'm sure those folk could squeeze into the lower west without too much hassle. If it isn't feasible then so be it. Those who abuse the family season ticket... well that's another discussion.

I'm not proposing this as a simple task and equally it's nothing more than a thought. Also it isn't for the benefit of one small group, it's for the benefit of the team and the general matchday experience as a whole. I just feel that we could do more to improve the atmosphere around the ground. To dismiss it on the notion that '1800' folk will all need to move and another '1800' folk will make way is the only thing that's ridiculous here.

*EDIT*

I should also add that it wasn't my intention to come across as dismissive of anybody who would have to move to accommodate such an idea. Just all food for thought. :hmmm:

Green_one
20-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Who’s fault is that?

I think it’s clear that the club needs to engage this group better. My view is that they create colour and atmosphere that I was initially sceptical about but now appreciate. They are also obviously in the wrong area.

I also believe that the lower FF is an area the club need to understand a lot more about and adjust the way they ticket and manage it. It is too often obviously part empty. It cannot be beyond the abilities of the management to fill some of those seats with Leith Links kids etc. Never be 100 percent but it is clear seats there are vacant more often than the norm.

Those critiquing the guys for their boycott will be, I assume, part of the 8000 that turned up, as at least the singing section initially bought tickets. I was there and I felt we missed the guys

Heedersnvolleys
20-08-2018, 11:43 AM
I think it’s clear that the club needs to engage this group better. My view is that they create colour and atmosphere that I was initially sceptical about but now appreciate. They are also obviously in the wrong area.

I also believe that the lower FF is an area the club need to understand a lot more about and adjust the way they ticket and manage it. It is too often obviously part empty. It cannot be beyond the abilities of the management to fill some of those seats with Leith Links kids etc. Never be 100 percent but it is clear seats there are vacant more often than the norm.

Those critiquing the guys for their boycott will be, I assume, part of the 8000 that turned up, as at least the singing section initially bought tickets. I was there and I felt we missed the guys

Yeah I totally agree with you. There is loads of issues with seating and ticket availability in the ground. My biggest gripe is the areas that look on the website seating plan as being nearly sold out and yet you are there at the match and there is loads of spare seats and we have opened up the south stand and all the cost that entails for a few 100 folk that could easily be accommodated in the other stands. It looks ridiculous.

Seeing how sparsely populated the FF Lower was yesterday it annoys me even more the clubs decision. Anyone that had a feel how the attendance was going to go yesterday knew there would be no issues with their idea. They made it clear it was a one off to see if it would work. If there was a game that needed them it was yesterday. I am sure they are full of ideas some will be great and some will be not so great. I wonder how many more ideas they go to the club with but are not backed? At least they are trying.

I don't know why I feel so strongly about this issue as I do not post much on here and I don't have any affiliation to either section (Sing or Family) if anything I take my daughters so I probably should side with the family section but both the girls and the wife(she does not come) were warned what it's going to be like and what they are likely to hear so I feel there is no point in trying to shield them from it. Imagine taking kids to the football and worrying about swearing and the odd naughty song, (and no it does not encourage them to copy them) they probably hear worse at school. To be honest we sit near where they used be in the east and like most groups there is the odd one that went overboard but in general I appreciated the effort these guys and girls put in even when the rest of ER does not even join in. I must confess I have been a to a few games on the continent and have seen what they are trying emulate and all the power to them for their effort.

Kevhibs
20-08-2018, 01:26 PM
A know who a would rather have in there singing section or people being cheap and sitting there silent as a mouse? No brained plus half the so called child seat are empty or get mysteriously upgraded to adult ticket for hearts/rangers/Celtic games, who actually wants to watch a game threw a net? Could easily have sold ff lower to singing section for Sunday atmosphere was shocking

theonlywayisup
20-08-2018, 03:27 PM
A know who a would rather have in there singing section or people being cheap and sitting there silent as a mouse? No brained plus half the so called child seat are empty or get mysteriously upgraded to adult ticket for hearts/rangers/Celtic games, who actually wants to watch a game threw a net? Could easily have sold ff lower to singing section for Sunday atmosphere was shocking

So you would like the current residents of the FFL to be evicted from their current home, many of whom have been there for the years when Hibs could barely attract 7,500. It's easy to say move them, but what if they are not prepared to move. Why would any organisation wish to piss off fans who have supported their team through think and thin?

As Hibs have said, there are no plans to move the Family Section. We all agree that Hibs need to address the cheap tickets issue, but the FFL will remain the Family Section. End of.

GoalsMcGinley
20-08-2018, 03:32 PM
The signing section were moved originally to ensure they aren’t seen on the tv cameras. Ridiculous. Get them on the FF lower or back in the East pronto!

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2018, 03:41 PM
So you would like the current residents of the FFL to be evicted from their current home, many of whom have been there for the years when Hibs could barely attract 7,500. It's easy to say move them, but what if they are not prepared to move. Why would any organisation wish to piss off fans who have supported their team through think and thin?

As Hibs have said, there are no plans to move the Family Section. We all agree that Hibs need to address the cheap tickets issue, but the FFL will remain the Family Section. End of.

Nobody consulted me or others like me when they decided to put bench seating in that end, and turf out folk who'd stood behind that goal for years.

Football grounds evolve, and in my opinion the bottom tier should be where the singing section are situated.

RIP
20-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Nobody consulted me or others like me when they decided to put bench seating in that end, and turf out folk who'd stood behind that goal for years.

Football grounds evolve, and in my opinion the bottom tier should be where the singing section are situated.

Likewise Gary but let's admit that club management don't normally take our advice when changes to the ground are being made. However myself and others were involved in the behind the scenes discussions about the Singing Section in the then new East.

So what steps do you think are required now to convince them to start a discussion on the future of the Famous Five lower? Because as per the recent club statement, they are emphatic in their assertion that the family section is there permanently?

vahibbie
20-08-2018, 04:09 PM

Agree:thumbsup:
Everyone should be doing what's best for the club and there is no doubt that a better atmosphere lifts the players. If some folk are, at some point requested to move for the overall benefit then that's what should happen. Will they boycott or throw their toys out the pram and no longer go to games if asked to move. Hardly Uber fan material.

Deejk107
20-08-2018, 04:28 PM
I love how so many people are quick to chastise the singing section while they're happy to sit on their hands, seems like jealousy over misplaced youth more than anything else, why is there such a stigma about literally the only people you can hear at Easter Road? Thought my fellow hibees were smarter than assuming that people were boycotting the game. Why not ask the people who usually sit in the 12000 other seats why they "boycotted" the game?

GreenCastle
20-08-2018, 04:34 PM
It’s a shame they didn’t sort this before the start of the season.

There are 3 main issues here.

The current FF stand layout / existing ST holders. The Sibging section is above the kids anyway and the club hVe already moved people from FF upper tonaccomdate the group.

The FF fans who don’t turn up - agreed it needs sorted - very rare it looks full. Various reasons but one guy I know has 2 seats in FF lower with his nephew and takes him occasionally. Other games he sits in East stand and seats remain empty. I guess he’s giving the club extra funds and can afford to do so.

The future of the young fans in the club. It seems we have increasing numbers of families attending and the FF lower can’t accomodate them all. So why not move them to lower west ether side or south for cat B games - then we can grow the best supporters section in Scotland behind the goals.

Can you imagine a full lower tier standing up / singing and dancing with flags etc - add in it would help the team further and add to the match day experience.

I personally would move seat to help the club develop. The singing section and the displays are one of the best things that’s happened to club in last few years.

Fizz
20-08-2018, 04:41 PM
As we seem to be reducing away tickets why are they not placed in the South Stand Lower then no ones affected and we can all go back to getting along rather than this “who is the best/most important set of fans” that seems to get in to any thread these days

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Likewise Gary but let's admit that club management don't normally take our advice when changes to the ground are being made. However myself and others were involved in the behind the scenes discussions about the Singing Section in the then new East.

So what steps do you think are required now to convince them to start a discussion on the future of the Famous Five lower? Because as per the recent club statement, they are emphatic in their assertion that the family section is there permanently?

The first thing that should happen is there should be dialogue between the 3 groups here. The board, the singing section and the folk who sit in that part of the ground. I dont think its an easy fix, but it is fixable and could work.

There would need to be some give and take on everyones part, people would need to move, and family season tickets would need to be in different parts of the ground.

Personally i think for it to grow, it needs to be directly behind the goal, but i get the impression that this would be the last place the club wants them, maybe i'm wrong but i think they want them out the way in the corner.

OsloHibs
20-08-2018, 04:48 PM
So, if I understand- they've moved seats, others took their seats & now they want to move back, but can't. Is this it?

K.Marx
20-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Personally i think for it to grow, it needs to be directly behind the goal, but i get the impression that this would be the last place the club wants them, maybe i'm wrong but i think they want them out the way in the corner.

I think this plays a big part in it. I don’t think the club has any appetite for our most boisterous supporters being right behind the goals. More chance of bother (potential pitch invasions after big goals etc). I can’t see why the club would be so unwilling to even consider it if this didn’t have any part in their thinking.

Personally, I think Category B family season tickets in the south stand would make far more sense. Those who want to upgrade for Cat A games can do so as they please.

Unfortunately I can’t see anything changing, so the since 1875 lads will have to decide whether to make do in section 25 or reintegrate into the east (if they can find enough seats!!)

wearethehibs
20-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Do people on .net just make up their own stories and try and pass it off as the truth?

bigwheel
20-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Do people on .net just make up their own stories and try and pass it off as the truth?

Yes. But usually on the transfer rumours threads [emoji6]

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2018, 05:31 PM
I love how so many people are quick to chastise the singing section while they're happy to sit on their hands, seems like jealousy over misplaced youth more than anything else, why is there such a stigma about literally the only people you can hear at Easter Road? Thought my fellow hibees were smarter than assuming that people were boycotting the game. Why not ask the people who usually sit in the 12000 other seats why they "boycotted" the game?

To be fair we're up in S43 and can't hear them so don't really have an opinion either way. Can see their flags though which adds a bit of colour on match days.

theonlywayisup
20-08-2018, 05:35 PM
I think this plays a big part in it. I don’t think the club has any appetite for our most boisterous supporters being right behind the goals. More chance of bother (potential pitch invasions after big goals etc). I can’t see why the club would be so unwilling to even consider it if this didn’t have any part in their thinking.

Personally, I think Category B family season tickets in the south stand would make far more sense. Those who want to upgrade for Cat A games can do so as they please.

Unfortunately I can’t see anything changing, so the since 1875 lads will have to decide whether to make do in section 25 or reintegrate into the east (if they can find enough seats!!)

I've heard it all now!!

GreenT
20-08-2018, 05:41 PM

Totally agree. FFL is a family section. If the singing section were allowed to go there they would stand and then any kids would not have been able to enjoy the game.

I previously put a new thread about the singing section which was removed ?? seems the are so precious that they can't take criticism or if they don't get their own way take the huff

Deejk107
20-08-2018, 05:42 PM
To be fair we're up in S43 and can't hear them so don't really have an opinion either way. Can see their flags though which adds a bit of colour on match days.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should be either back in the east or in the famous five lower, I can understand why it may be hard to hear from the east or west but realistically the games I've been at in the singing section I haven't heard a peep from the east or west either. It just upset me to be honest as I started my Hibs following in the old east with my dad, used to be absolutely bouncing and I loved it. Before this season the last season ticket I had was the season the new East was built and it just wasn't the same. I watched us get relegated from the telly and I watched most of our resurgence back to the club we all love from the telly too and I always viewed the boys in the singing section as just as big a part of said resurgence as anything or anyone else was. Just sucks to see people have snide remarks about them on here so much considering the effort they've put and continue to put in to making Easter Road bounce again!

Chuck Rhoades
20-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Totally agree. FFL is a family section. If the singing section were allowed to go there they would stand and then any kids would not have been able to enjoy the game.

I previously put a new thread about the singing section which was removed ?? seems the are so precious that they can't take criticism or if they don't get their own way take the huff

No one in SS is an admin on here so wouldn’t have deleted your thread? Fire your criticism on here - and alternative suggestions.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2018, 05:51 PM
I've heard it all now!!

I don't think it's a terrible idea. Not as the only option for families but as an alternative for those who perhaps don't wish to sibject their bairns to the baggage certain other fans bring with them.

£25 for the bairns ST in the South and a pro rata adult equivalent, priority window to buy elsewhere for the cat A games if they wish to do so. £75 for a kids full ST in another area with the adult paying full whack. Bag of a fag packet calculations but it's an idea with potential.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think they should be either back in the east or in the famous five lower, I can understand why it may be hard to hear from the east or west but realistically the games I've been at in the singing section I haven't heard a peep from the east or west either. It just upset me to be honest as I started my Hibs following in the old east with my dad, used to be absolutely bouncing and I loved it. Before this season the last season ticket I had was the season the new East was built and it just wasn't the same. I watched us get relegated from the telly and I watched most of our resurgence back to the club we all love from the telly too and I always viewed the boys in the singing section as just as big a part of said resurgence as anything or anyone else was. Just sucks to see people have snide remarks about them on here so much considering the effort they've put and continue to put in to making Easter Road bounce again!

100% get what you're saying. Personally I'd love them back in the East but appreciate it's their perogative to do their own thing.

As has been mentioned by a few already, it seems the time may have come for a more structured approach. Where the club, fans and Since1875 all come together on this.

Onceinawhile
20-08-2018, 05:54 PM
So, if I understand- they've moved seats, others took their seats & now they want to move back, but can't. Is this it?

I don't think they've ever said they want to move back, only numerous people have said they should.

Given the lack of growth in size of the singing section I don't really see why they should be catered to other than. One section somewhere. Standing the full time means it needs to be an end section of a stand so as not to block the view of others.

So it's either where they are or the section below.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2018, 06:00 PM
What about if the SS stand round the pitch? Double up as ball boys and give it tight to opposition players at through ins/corners etc?

theonlywayisup
20-08-2018, 06:00 PM
I don't think it's a terrible idea. Not as the only option for families but as an alternative for those who perhaps don't wish to sibject their bairns to the baggage certain other fans bring with them.

£25 for the bairns ST in the South and a pro rata adult equivalent, priority window to buy elsewhere for the cat A games if they wish to do so. £75 for a kids full ST in another area with the adult paying full whack. Bag of a fag packet calculations but it's an idea with potential.

Why would you want to subject your young kids to having to walk past away fans shouting and gesturing at you.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Why would you want to subject your young kids to having to walk past away fans shouting and gesturing at you.

They can access the South from behind the East.

And is that an issue when the Hibs Kids are in there 4 times a season?

K.Marx
20-08-2018, 06:05 PM
I've heard it all now!!

Haha wow. You do realise hibs kids tickets are usually allocated in the south stand next to away fans?

Dancehibs
20-08-2018, 06:05 PM

Personally I think £25 season ticket should be stopped. It’s too cheap. A season ticket that covers birth to leaving school which works out at £5 a game. At no restrictions where you can sit.

silverhibee
20-08-2018, 06:08 PM
The first thing that should happen is there should be dialogue between the 3 groups here. The board, the singing section and the folk who sit in that part of the ground. I dont think its an easy fix, but it is fixable and could work.

There would need to be some give and take on everyones part, people would need to move, and family season tickets would need to be in different parts of the ground.

Think you nailed it with the last bit of your post G, think the club see them as good for atmosphere but have been known to have hangers on who have caused bother with flares and smoke bombs being set of when they were in the east, were warned if it didn't stop they would be banned from the ground, the group then moved to the bottom of the east for a while but that looked pretty pish, now stuck up in the FF stand out the way, and it looks like from the clubs statement that that is where they are staying.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Personally I think £25 season ticket should be stopped. It’s too cheap. A season ticket that covers birth to leaving school which works out at £5 a game. At no restrictions where you can sit.

I'm not sure how it works currently but maybe a staggered pricing structure is the way to go. My daughter is 1 on Wednesday and I intend to get her a ST either next season or the 1 after. £25 doesn't put me off as if she misses a game it doesn't feel a waste. As she gets older and hopefully becomes hooked the games she misses will become less frequent so maybe the price should go up. Say:

£25 for birth to 5
£50 for 5 to 9
£75 for 9 to 12
£100 for 12 to 15
£150 for 16 to 18

Again bag of a fag packet stuff.

Dancehibs
20-08-2018, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure how it works currently but maybe a staggered pricing structure is the way to go. My daughter is 1 on Wednesday and I intend to get her a ST either next season or the 1 after. £25 doesn't put me off as if she misses a game it doesn't feel a waste. As she gets older and hopefully becomes hooked the games she misses will become less frequent so maybe the price should go up. Say:

£25 for birth to 5
£50 for 5 to 9
£75 for 9 to 12
£100 for 12 to 15
£150 for 16 to 18

Again bag of a fag packet stuff.
That’s an option . Just feel seems a bit odd a 12 year pays more than 11 year old. When they are both at school .

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2018, 06:31 PM

£1.30 for each of 19 home games, it's astonishingly cheap value, put them in the south :cb

Onceinawhile
20-08-2018, 06:54 PM
"Put them in the south"

People do realise there's adults sitting in there who've being going to eater road for 25+ years and want to be able to take their kids to a safe environment for all games?

But we should just bin them off into the south because of the singing section?

What about all the other sections in the ff lower once the signing section move there?

Dancehibs
20-08-2018, 06:58 PM
"Put them in the south"

People do realise there's adults sitting in there who've being going to eater road for 25+ years and want to be able to take their kids to a safe environment for all games?

What about all the other sections in the ff lower once the signing section move there?
Only place SS can go if they were allowed to go to FF lower , is the section next to east. If they were in the central section they would be blocking many fans view of the games

Glory Lurker
20-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Whatever the story with empty seats, plenty kids go week in week out. Any suggestion that they and the adult they go with should have Cat B south stand tickets and need to find Cat A elsewhere is unfair. Also runs risk of kids being put off. I don’t imagine in the FFL you have the same risk of ending up beside the blood-vessel-bursting angry types sprinkled elsewhere in the ground, or the steamers that can pop up at OF/yam games.

Pretty Boy
20-08-2018, 07:23 PM
"Put them in the south"

I think it has to be considered that for 25 years plus supply has massively exceeded demand at ER. That isn't so much the case now and we can regularly fill or get close to filling the allocated home sections, on occasion we have been in the position of having to open part of the South to home fans. Can we afford to just stick with a status quo even though the landscape has changed?

I say that as someone who was moved from Section 25 to accomodate the singing guys. There was no consultation with us and I wasn't particularly happy about it. However times change. Maybe it's time to consider tiered pricing for better areas, relocating some sections, having serious discussion about a standing area and so on. It's surely better to consider a consultation with the whole fan base rather than say 'Leeann knows best' or 'this is the way we have always done it'.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2018, 08:25 PM
That’s an option . Just feel seems a bit odd a 12 year pays more than 11 year old. When they are both at school .

That’s what currently happens - goes from “kid” to “futures” and price goes up. The £25 is discounted (and only available in FFL). The “full” kids price is the futures price.

I was complaining on here years ago about the abuse of the £25 ticket and glad to see the club are now looking into it, they could have done it sooner but weren’t fussed as £25 was more than £0.

Dancehibs
20-08-2018, 08:28 PM
That’s what currently happens - goes from “kid” to “futures” and price goes up. The £25 is discounted (and only available in FFL). The “full” kids price is the futures price.

I was complaining on here years ago about the abuse of the £25 ticket and glad to see the club are now looking into it, they could have done it sooner but weren’t fussed as £25 was more than £0.
That’s right and I think it’s wrong charging skool kids different prices

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2018, 08:30 PM

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2018, 08:33 PM

I asked this question a few years ago and mrs s (I think) explained it well - the price is £75 and the £25 is a discount to get the wee ones interested.

Taking it a bit further I think tickets should be priced differently throughout the stadium - why should it be the same to sit behind the dugouts as it is to sit in the wings of the east or west? Most stadiums have a gold/silver/bronze category and the worse view you get the cheaper your seat.

RyeSloan
20-08-2018, 08:38 PM
What makes the FFL a ‘family section’ beyond the pricing?

RIP
20-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Think you nailed it with the last bit of your post G, think the club see them as good for atmosphere but have been known to have hangers on who have caused bother with flares and smoke bombs being set of when they were in the east, were warned if it didn't stop they would be banned from the ground, the group then moved to the bottom of the east for a while but that looked pretty pish, now stuck up in the FF stand out the way, and it looks like from the clubs statement that that is where they are staying.

Knowing management as I do I also reckon that their new location smacks of containment. Not so likely to jump over the wall into the track. However FF Upper May still be ok if they can spread over adjacent sections.

Sound carries best under the roof.

The Pointer
20-08-2018, 09:57 PM
What makes the FFL a ‘family section’ beyond the pricing?<br>
<br>

Wider rows so the bairns can get past you on their way to the loos without you having to stand up every time. :agree:

macca70
20-08-2018, 10:03 PM
What makes the FFL a ‘family section’ beyond the pricing?

Previously it had a couple of Club reps stewarding to ensure no swearing etc but the club got rid of them quite a few seasons ago.

RyeSloan
20-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Previously it had a couple of Club reps stewarding to ensure no swearing etc but the club got rid of them quite a few seasons ago.

So basically nothing then apart from the fact that the club sells discounted tickets there?

I’m curious as the club seem rather wedded to this area being a ‘family section’ when I see plenty of families (or more simply adults with bairns) elsewhere in the stadium so I’m trying to understand just why this part of the ground seems to be restricted and therefore almost sacrosanct in terms of it ensuring the next generation of support.

Maybe some folk who do use this now almost fabled family section can explain just what difference it genuinely makes?

JimboHibs
20-08-2018, 10:16 PM
So basically nothing then apart from the fact that the club sells discounted tickets there?

I’m curious as the club seem rather wedded to this area being a ‘family section’ when I see plenty of families (or more simply adults with bairns) elsewhere in the stadium so I’m trying to understand just why this part of the ground seems to be restricted and therefore almost sacrosanct in terms of it ensuring the next generation of support.

Maybe some folk who do use this now almost fabled family section can explain just what difference it genuinely makes?

If you haven't already you could contact the club and they may answer your curiosity.

LALthehibeeGAL
21-08-2018, 12:20 AM
I find it quite sad that this seems to have become a debate of who is best where etc. the common factor here is Hibs whether families or SS we are all part of the Hibernian family and all want to see our team - some prefer to sit on their hands and some prefer to have a song and stand that is football and what it always will be.

I started going to the ER with our son who was 2 and got a ST in the FFL when the family section moved from the lower corner of the West to the new FFL basically as soon as it was newly built. I have seen many families especially at the start coming to this stand. However over the years there is not so many "families" even our son now goes to the East and has done since he was about 15, I hate seeing this half empty and prefer when it is busier - if I am honest the only time it is busy is when a Cat A game is on and you certainly don't get much families there is a lot of drunken foul mouthed people come to the FFL to these games and actually it can be worse than the East. How are these people getting tickets for a so called "Family" stand probably because they are cheaper but there should be a system in place so it is only "families" with young children.

These days I go to wherever I can get a ticket as work commitments mean I cannot attend as often so not worth getting a ST at the moment. So sometimes in the East and sometimes in the West and sometimes in the lower south!!

I love the drum and the SS and thought they worked better in the East in fact that is one of the reasons my son loves to go there. The club need to realise that they are actually not "hooligans" just fans who are a bit more lively and there is nothing wrong with that - the atmosphere should be intimidating to opposition and when the SS are making their presence heard I feel proud that our supporters are being heard.

You will never please everyone but communication is the way forward for everyone - I hope this can be resolved and hope to see the SS back in full voice on Saturday. However I would agree that I preferred them in the East as when I am in the East and they are it is great and I join in but when I am in the FFL when they are in the FFU it does not have the same effect i.e they don't seem to join in like in the East.

Oops sorry for the long rant!!
Lal :wink: