View Full Version : Kevin Clancy

SouthMoroccoStu
19-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Can’t wait to hear Lennons thoughts on him post game

What a useless ref

County should have had 2 red cards but bottled both decisions

Joe6-2
19-08-2018, 03:59 PM
What is wrong with our refs? I’ve always said they are cheats, but could it just be incompetence?

Doh Rae Me
19-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Pathetic and weak.

GloryGlory
19-08-2018, 04:00 PM
What is wrong with our refs? I’ve always said they are cheats, but could it just be incompetence?

Incompetent cheats or cheating incompetents, same difference! :rolleyes:

Jones28
19-08-2018, 04:01 PM

They aren't cheats, they're just very very poor.

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2018, 04:04 PM
there's a lot of slanderous/libelous/defamation of character going on here

but he is a grade A clown though

JimBHibees
19-08-2018, 04:07 PM
He has s huge issue with Hibs and Lennon. Compare and contrast the handball we didn't get v Rangers at home and one he did give v Killie. Cost us three points which were huge at the end of the season. His treatment of Lennon after that was shocking also.

Thecat23
19-08-2018, 04:08 PM
They aren't cheats, they're just very very poor.

They are both.

Jim44
19-08-2018, 04:09 PM
His body language was definite. He rushed towards the incident, seemed to be feeling for his card to give a yellow but realised he would have to give a red and changed his mind. That’s not incompetence.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-08-2018, 04:11 PM
They are both.

He’s definitely both

Has a real vendetta against us and Lennon

Don’t think I’ll ever forget that game away to Killie or at home to the Huns before Christmas last year

Jack Hackett
19-08-2018, 04:13 PM
there's a lot of slanderous/libelous/defamation of character going on here

but he is a grade A clown though

I'd love to see him sue (as mentioned on the match thread), and then try to defend against the video evidence.

green day
19-08-2018, 04:15 PM
He was utterly hopeless on that specific decision.

These are the rules of the game, they should have been down to 10 men.

Utterly ridiculous that he reached for it and changed his mind.

Thats not "poor" reffing, that was a definite change of mind.............so he cheated.

**edit Kettlewell reckons they should have had 2 pens !!! ***

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2018, 04:15 PM
He's not inept...he knows exactly what he's doing where Hibs are concerned...utterly horrendous performance from him today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jax67
19-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Absolute C%#t!!

Mr Grieves
19-08-2018, 04:18 PM
He was pish, as he often is in matches involving us

CMac1988
19-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Prick

brog
19-08-2018, 04:26 PM
He was utterly hopeless on that specific decision.

These are the rules of the game, they should have been down to 10 men.

Utterly ridiculous that he reached for it and changed his mind.

Thats not "poor" reffing, that was a definite change of mind.............so he cheated.

**edit Kettlewell reckons they should have had 2 pens !!! ***

I agree that was appalling. If that was cheating however then the incident where he gave a goal kick rather than a corner to Hibs clearly demonstrated his incompetence. IMO Clancy is 2nd only to the horrendous Alan Muir in continually showing he has no empathy or feel for the game. The reaction from the Hibs players must have told him he got it wrong but as usual our refs defend the indefensible. I still believe its more incompetence than cheating but the Draper decision could certainly support the latter viewpoint.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Class A fud.

Jim44
19-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Corruption:

In general, corruption is a form of dishonesty or criminal activity undertaken by a person or organization entrusted with a position of authority, often to acquire illicit benefit.

Strictly speaking, this clown does not conform to the full definition including criminal activity but he makes decisions often to acquire personal satisfaction and biased power.

Zazu62
19-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Joker

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2018, 04:29 PM
His body language was definite. He rushed towards the incident, seemed to be feeling for his card to give a yellow but realised he would have to give a red and changed his mind. That’s not incompetence.

Exactly, he changed his mind because it was someone already on a booking. Thats cheating. :agree:

jax67
19-08-2018, 04:33 PM
I’m actually glad that Lenny was in the stand today,
he may have been looking at another ban had he been anywhere in Clancy’s vicinity.

PatHead
19-08-2018, 04:33 PM
It was funny when he fell over though 😂

Wigson13
19-08-2018, 04:35 PM
He's not inept...he knows exactly what he's doing where Hibs are concerned...utterly horrendous performance from him today

Don't think he cheats, he has an issue with us and basically whenever a 50/50 decision is required he chooses the decision against us. The second yellow both times, the penalty all 50/50 which could go either way and if in doubt as in a clear corner he elects to choose the option that goes against us!

jax67
19-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Don't think he cheats, he has an issue with us and basically whenever a 50/50 decision is required he chooses the decision against us. The second yellow both times, the penalty all 50/50 which could go either way and if in doubt as in a clear corner he elects to choose the option that goes against us!

Sounds very much like cheating.

Hermit Crab
19-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Can’t wait to hear Lennons thoughts on him post game

What a useless ref

County should have had 2 red cards but bottled both decisions

He never commented on the officials in the interview I heard.

Hermit Crab
19-08-2018, 04:43 PM
By far the worst ref in top flight football, his failure to spot the most obvious deflection I've ever seen and not give the corner was astonishing.

The penalty was also confusing, he ran away from the incident and then gave when he was out the box after the linesman says penalty, he can overrule the linesman if he thinks its not a foul.

Clancy wasn't 100% sure yet he gave it...

Bob Box Fish
19-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Penalty looked like a mistake by Effe can anyone confirm? Folk sat next to me said it wasn’t a pk ?

we are hibs
19-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Penalty looked like a mistake by Effe can anyone confirm? Folk sat next to me said it wasn’t a pk ?

Was a clear penalty

weecounty hibby
19-08-2018, 04:46 PM
There are many many incompetent refs in Scotland. The worry for me is that they just keep on getting away with it, they are a great big clique who all stick up for each other even after they have retired. At least FIFA and UEFA seem to have found them out and they are no longer getting to world cups and less high profile European games too. And by the way I firmly believe that cheating does take place as well

Hermit Crab
19-08-2018, 04:46 PM

Wireless said linesman gave it yet Clancy was looking right at it....

Mainstandman
19-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Billy Dodds even saying Clancy has it in for Hibs

InchHibby
19-08-2018, 04:52 PM

This is exactly what he did.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Don't think he cheats, he has an issue with us and basically whenever a 50/50 decision is required he chooses the decision against us. The second yellow both times, the penalty all 50/50 which could go either way and if in doubt as in a clear corner he elects to choose the option that goes against us!So in other words...cheating??

jakedance
19-08-2018, 04:53 PM
I thought he got the penalty decision right but should have sent of the Ross County boy (number 6 maybe). Just a pish referee.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Penalty looked like a mistake by Effe can anyone confirm? Folk sat next to me said it wasn’t a pk ?Was a clear pen...another Efe moment

CLASS OF 72 -73
Think he has a grip with Lennon but more the fact he is out of his depth.

SouthMoroccoStu
Funny

Normally when someone posts a thread complaining about the ref, another poster comes along and says “I thought he was ok”

Not today though!

JimBHibees
19-08-2018, 05:01 PM
So in other words...cheating??

Yep the very definition of cheating.

Jim44
19-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Funny

Normally when someone posts a thread complaining about the ref, another poster comes along and says “I thought he was ok”

Not today though!

.........probably a relation or a Yam.:greengrin

lord bunberry
19-08-2018, 05:34 PM
How he didn’t send that guy off only he knows. He was clearly going to book him then changed his mind when he realised he was already on a booking. That’s not incompetence that’s a calculated decision.

Allant1981
19-08-2018, 05:35 PM
he was pretty bad today, should have sent off the county midfielder but bottled it, he is either just a very bad ref or he genuinely has a dislike for our club

IvanSproule
19-08-2018, 05:36 PM
would much rather have a game reffed by thomson than him, says alot

Eyrie
19-08-2018, 05:36 PM
he was pretty bad today, should have sent off the county midfielder but bottled it, he is either just a very bad ref or he genuinely has a dislike for our club

Both.

Jones28
19-08-2018, 05:45 PM
This is paranoia to Celtic-esque proportions. He's a ***** ref, he isn't a cheat, he isn't corrupt, he is utterly inept. End of.

Diclonius
19-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Stick on to get him at Tynecastle.

stonewaller1875
19-08-2018, 05:50 PM
What is wrong with our refs? I’ve always said they are cheats, but could it just be incompetence?We need full time refs bud

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

wookie70
19-08-2018, 05:51 PM

Looked a stonewaller to me. You could have heard Laidlaw shouting "keeper" if you were standing at the top of Easter Road. Efe decided to play it dithered and the boy nipped in. Efe hit him and then the ball when clearing.

Smartie
19-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Funny

Not today though!

I don't normally agree with the "ref was crap" viewpoint that appears on here every week, but today I thought the ref was crap.

stonewaller1875
19-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Wireless said linesman gave it yet Clancy was looking right at it....Can you still get a wireless ? Or do you mean Wi-Fi [emoji172]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
19-08-2018, 06:05 PM
This is paranoia to Celtic-esque proportions. He's a ***** ref, he isn't a cheat, he isn't corrupt, he is utterly inept. End of.

Is it paranoia when they’re really out to get you?

Jim44
19-08-2018, 06:06 PM

Ah, the old ‘end of’ usage. :rolleyes: I’ve had my say, I’m correct and there’s no point in discussing the issue any further. The phrase gets on my mammeries. By the way, why describe the paranoia as Celtic-esque, when Sevco-esque, is more appropriate? :greengrin

J-C
19-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Shocking ref and blatantly hates us, so obvious

HibbyAndy
19-08-2018, 06:08 PM
He bottled it to send off their number 6 , Knew he was already on a yellow , If that's a hibs player its bye bye

Why do we constantly get these inept useless referees ? Week after week after week they can't wait to book a hibs player but let the opposition away with foul upon foul

EricStoner
19-08-2018, 06:08 PM
It isn't the mere existence of threads like this that are so amusing - or so disturbing, depending on one's view.
The disturbing thing is the unshakable conviction of most posters that the identical threads on Kerrydale Street and (especially) Follow Follow are composed for totally different reasons, by people who are nothing like us.
This half-trouser-legged, sash-wearing, Tory-voting recipient of brown envelopes from Gorgie & Govan would be the same guy who works as a teacher at a Kafflik school and who has a lengthy rap sheet of other "serious charges" directed at him by Rangers Media, Follow Follow and even the home for the housetrained Hun called GersNet, would it?
Threads like this are significantly less tiresome than similar rants by managers - who at least heed the advice that calling a referee "a cheat" is injudicious - but they are tediously predictable nonetheless.
As I said on the match thread, it's time a referee began litigation on stuff like this. In fact, the referees' association should pick a case, select its target and liquidate it. I hope the target won't be this site but, in my apparently incorrect view, there's no reason it couldn't be this site.

Argylehibby
19-08-2018, 06:13 PM
By far the worst ref in top flight football, his failure to spot the most obvious deflection I've ever seen and not give the corner was astonishing.

The penalty was also confusing, he ran away from the incident and then gave when he was out the box after the linesman says penalty, he can overrule the linesman if he thinks its not a foul.

Clancy wasn't 100% sure yet he gave it...

He doesn't need to be sure if the assistant ref is. It was a penalty all day long and if it took them a few seconds to give it then so what? Better they take their time and get it right?

EricStoner
19-08-2018, 06:17 PM
...& aye - the standard of refereeing at top level is below the standard that should be realistically aspired to. It is a wee bit puzzling that a ref in a Premier game is not noticeably better than one in charge of Berwick v. Elgin or even Pollok v. Auchinleck.
In England, there's a difference between the refs doing Spurs v. Liverpool and those doing Barnet v. Salford, who in turn tend to be noticeably better than those in charge of Newton Aycliffe v. West Auckland Town. Maybe the goal of becoming an English Premier League pro drives them on.

Allant1981
19-08-2018, 06:17 PM
It isn't the mere existence of threads like this that are so amusing - or so disturbing, depending on one's view.
The disturbing thing is the unshakable conviction of most posters that the identical threads on Kerrydale Street and (especially) Follow Follow are composed for totally different reasons, by people who are nothing like us.
This half-trouser-legged, sash-wearing, Tory-voting recipient of brown envelopes from Gorgie & Govan would be the same guy who works as a teacher at a Kafflik school and who has a lengthy rap sheet of other "serious charges" directed at him by Rangers Media, Follow Follow and even the home for the housetrained Hun called GersNet, would it?
Threads like this are significantly less tiresome than similar rants by managers - who at least heed the advice that calling a referee "a cheat" is injudicious - but they are tediously predictable nonetheless.
As I said on the match thread, it's time a referee began litigation on stuff like this. In fact, the referees' association should pick a case, select its target and liquidate it. I hope the target won't be this site but, in my apparently incorrect view, there's no reason it couldn't be this site.

are you still spouting this rubbish

BoomtownHibees
19-08-2018, 06:18 PM

Bore off

maturehibby
19-08-2018, 06:24 PM
In a word GASH

Jones28
19-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Ah, the old ‘end of’ usage. :rolleyes: I’ve had my say, I’m correct and there’s no point in discussing the issue any further. The phrase gets on my mammeries. By the way, why describe the paranoia as Celtic-esque, when Sevco-esque, is more appropriate? :greengrin

Well what proof is there that referees are corrupt rather than inept?

Jim44
19-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Well what proof is there that referees are corrupt rather than inept?

I’ve no tangible proof that they are corrupt but I don’t think you’ve got any more tangible proof that it’s all down to ineptitude. Clancy displayed the behaviour of someone who had made a firm decision about the offence, just as the vast majority of Hibs supporters and possibly RC supporters had, ( I don't doubt for a second that it was a yellow card), he more or less showed his thoughts by running to the player fingering his card but for some unknown reason ( I choose to believe it was for suspicious reasons) changed his mind. :dunno:

SRHibs
19-08-2018, 07:24 PM
The disturbing thing is the unshakable conviction of most posters that the identical threads on Kerrydale Street and (especially) Follow Follow are composed for totally different reasons, by people who are nothing like us

This is hilariously true. There’s been numerous occasions on which I’ve seen threads like this on both ours and our opposition’s pages simultaneously.

For people who think the refs are against us: what makes us right, and the Aberdeen fans (for example) wrong?

As a few have said, they’re just incompetent.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Kevin Clancy. ****o.

Jones28
19-08-2018, 08:29 PM
I’ve no tangible proof that they are corrupt but I don’t think you’ve got any more tangible proof that it’s all down to ineptitude. Clancy displayed the behaviour of someone who had made a firm decision about the offence, just as the vast majority of Hibs supporters and possibly RC supporters had, ( I don't doubt for a second that it was a yellow card), he more or less showed his thoughts by running to the player fingering his card but for some unknown reason ( I choose to believe it was for suspicious reasons) changed his mind. :dunno:

Jim that just sounds delusional. Read it again.

Innocent until proven guilty surely? He made a poor decision by not sending off the RC player, he should have walked, but to suggest he changed his mind because of corrupt or suspicious reasons is mental.

SunshineOnLeith
19-08-2018, 08:41 PM

It's a conspiracy.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-08-2018, 08:50 PM
It comes down to accountability and reasoning

If Clancy was held accountable for his decisions and could justify not producing a second yellow or red card then I’d be interested to read that report

But until this is enforced fans like us will continue the cheat/incompetence debate most weekends

givescotlandfreedom
19-08-2018, 09:06 PM
The man is horrendous. Misses a stonewall handball and penalty against the huns last season, gives a farcical penalty for handball away to killie and totally seizes the moment to give another penalty against us for handball. He must just make the rules up as he goes along.

Smartie
19-08-2018, 09:10 PM
The man is horrendous. Misses a stonewall handball and penalty against the huns last season, gives a farcical penalty for handball away to killie and totally seizes the moment to give another penalty against us for handball. He must just make the rules up as he goes along.

To be fair to him, I don't think he was going to give the penalty until it was confirmed by the linesman.

The red card decisions were the ones I took issue with, as well as silly stuff like the Oli Shaw shot that was clearly deflected for a corner.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-08-2018, 09:26 PM
wtf

Dystonian realism

Bostonhibby
19-08-2018, 09:30 PM
As I said on the match thread, it's time a referee began litigation on stuff like this. In fact, the referees' association should pick a case, select its target and liquidate it. I hope the target won't be this site but, in my apparently incorrect view, there's no reason it couldn't be this site.Probably end up serving proceedings on an imaginary figure like Sydney hibby, late of this parish.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SRHibs
19-08-2018, 09:38 PM
wtf

There’s a noticeable irony in people acting like EricStoner has lost the plot while they’re also claiming Hibs are being victimised by Scottish referees.

He’s making a fair point in a bit of an unconventional manner.

Tornadoes70
19-08-2018, 10:07 PM
The standard of refereeing in Scotland is generally of poor quality. Clancy's just one of a number of refs here that's guilty of poor decision making and will probably enrage fans of most clubs because of it.

lord bunberry
19-08-2018, 10:14 PM
That may well be the biggest load of pish I’ve ever read on here.

we are hibs
20-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Why aren't referees asked to publicly explain their decisions? If you made as much of an arse of something at work like some refs do you would be almost certainly asked to explain what's going on

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Why aren't referees asked to publicly explain their decisions? If you made as much of an arse of something at work like some refs do you would be almost certainly asked to explain what's going onTo your boss, but not your customers.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jim44
20-08-2018, 07:34 AM
For the avoidance of doubt, my ‘paranoia’ doesn’t only stop at refereeing biased decisions involving Hibs. It’s a wider football phenomenon ........ and don’t get me started on Eurovision song contest rigged voting ....... :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
20-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Mibbe you have to stop sniffing the toner Eriks

Onion
20-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Why aren't referees asked to publicly explain their decisions? If you made as much of an arse of something at work like some refs do you would be almost certainly asked to explain what's going on

The old adage better that folk think you’re fool than open your mouth and prove it.

PatHead
20-08-2018, 09:24 AM
For the avoidance of doubt, my ‘paranoia’ doesn’t only stop at refereeing biased decisions involving Hibs. It’s a wider football phenomenon ........ and don’t get me started on Eurovision song contest rigged voting ....... :greengrin

With you on the Eurovision without doubt. In all seriousness it was noticeable that no UK referees were at the World Cup finals. I can never remember that before.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2018, 09:51 AM
We are all EricStoner

One Day Soon
20-08-2018, 09:56 AM
We are all EricStoner

Wait, are you suggesting he carries around a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire?

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Wait, are you suggesting he carries around a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire?

I do that most days. Mind you, I live in Ormiston.

One Day Soon
20-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Oh right, well tbf you do have to deal with actual zombies then.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Is that not a picturesque, quiet sleepy little East Lothian village? :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2018, 10:38 AM
I don't buy the corruption theories to be honest, but refs are human beings and its far from impossible that one could make decisions based on dislike of an opposition team and especially manager … its looking more and more like Clancy falls into that category when it comes to Hibs and especially Neil Lennon.

Penalty decision and failing to send off the Ross County number 6 … which he clearly should have … notwithstanding, both he and the East stand linesman missed a clear Hibs corner when an Oli Shaw effort from the edge of the box clearly took a deflection off a defenders attempt to block it … the linesman had a clear view and I cant believe he didn't see it.

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 01:27 PM
I don't buy the corruption theories to be honest, but refs are human beings and its far from impossible that one could make decisions based on dislike of an opposition team and especially manager … its looking more and more like Clancy falls into that category when it comes to Hibs and especially Neil Lennon.

Penalty decision and failing to send off the Ross County number 6 … which he clearly should have … notwithstanding, both he and the East stand linesman missed a clear Hibs corner when an Oli Shaw effort from the edge of the box clearly took a deflection off a defenders attempt to block it … the linesman had a clear view and I cant believe he didn't see it.

Got to be said on seeing the goal highlights the penalty decision was spot on.

PeeKay
20-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Got to be said on seeing the goal highlights the penalty decision was spot on.

Agreed. Stonewall penalty, but the word is that it was the linesman that spotted it - so Clancy can't even claim to have got that right.

we are hibs
20-08-2018, 01:39 PM
To your boss, but not your customers.

If it wasnt for his "customers" he wouldn't have that job. Don't think it's asking a lot considering some of the scandalous decisions we regularly see in Scottish football.

basehibby
20-08-2018, 03:03 PM

The penalty was not 50/50 - it was stonewall.

That said he does seem to make consistently pish decisions against Hibs - the change of mind about a second yellow being a case in point.

Re Scottish refs in general I think they have a tendency to let niggly fouls slip and to be slow to reach for the cards. Though you could argue this was "letting the game flow" or that "it's a man's game", in reality it benefits hammer-throwing sides like Hearts while penalising teams that try to play football. All in all a tendency which is bad for Scottish football IMO.

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 03:06 PM
The penalty was not 50/50 - it was stonewall.

That said he does seem to make consistently pish decisions against Hibs - the change of mind about a second yellow being a case in point.

Re Scottish refs in general I think they have a tendency to let niggly fouls slip and to be slow to reach for the cards. Though you could argue this was "letting the game flow" or that "it's a man's game", in reality it benefits hammer-throwing sides like Hearts while penalising teams that try to play football. All in all a tendency which is bad for Scottish football IMO.

Totally agree too many of them allow the continual fouling and stopping of the game to go unpunished as you say something which is bad for the game as it doesnt flow.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Is that not a picturesque, quiet sleepy little East Lothian village? :wink:

Most streets throw a BBQ in the summer. We gather round a burning Ford Fiesta. Winning.

SunshineOnLeith
20-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Agreed. Stonewall penalty, but the word is that it was the linesman that spotted it - so Clancy can't even claim to have got that right.

Don't think he posts on here, mate.

Fergus52
21-08-2018, 09:12 AM
This is hilariously true. There’s been numerous occasions on which I’ve seen threads like this on both ours and our opposition’s pages simultaneously.

For people who think the refs are against us: what makes us right, and the Aberdeen fans (for example) wrong?

As a few have said, they’re just incompetent.

No one on this thread is saying all refs in Scotland are against us, just Clancy??

SaulGoodman
21-08-2018, 09:37 AM
No one on this thread is saying all refs in Scotland are against us, just Clancy??

But we've also had Thomson and Beaton off the top of my head that are "against us" instead of just being **** refs

maturehibby
21-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Not just Clancy who is a poor Muir Robertson ,Madden,Walsh and even McLean are inconsistent
If they judged every decision the same way then we would have a lot less to moan about ,
End of problem

Kato
21-08-2018, 10:29 AM
But we've also had Thomson and Beaton off the top of my head that are "against us" instead of just being **** refs

Thomson was though, for a few seasons.

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

JimBHibees
21-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Thomson was though, for a few seasons.

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

They all even themselves out over time though.

Kato
21-08-2018, 10:41 AM
They all even themselves out over time though.

Fair enough. When we get awarded non-pen and have a player let off from red card for fore-arm smashing a Hearts striker in a Cup Final striker it'll be even.

JackHibs
21-08-2018, 10:43 AM
One of the most annoying things about Scottish refs in their inability to let you take quick free kicks and play advantage. There was one on Sunday where he gave a foul while we had just passed the ball to Stevenson who was in acres on the left, I thought that he must have been booking him or else why would he pull the game up but no.

The ref for the Asteras home game was a great example of playing advantage and allowing quick free kicks.

JimBHibees
21-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Fair enough. When we get awarded non-pen and have a player let off from red card for fore-arm smashing a Hearts striker in a Cup Final striker it'll be even.

When saying they will even themselves over time that is on the other side of when hell freezes over. :greengrin

Kato
21-08-2018, 11:04 AM
When saying they will even themselves over time that is on the other side of when hell freezes over. :greengrin

:aok:

givescotlandfreedom
21-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Totally agree too many of them allow the continual fouling and stopping of the game to go unpunished as you say something which is bad for the game as it doesnt flow.

+1 here. It annoys the hell out of me in derbies when the ref takes the 'common sense' approach and keeps his cards in his pocket for bad challenges when there's only one team doing it.

JimBHibees
21-08-2018, 01:55 PM
+1 here. It annoys the hell out of me in derbies when the ref takes the 'common sense' approach and keeps his cards in his pocket for bad challenges when there's only one team doing it.

Absolutely the last one at Tynecastle was shocking. Also Madden let too many away with late tackles in the one at ER.

Keith_M
21-08-2018, 02:11 PM
I was in the West Stand, section 2, on Sunday, so had a very good view of the penalty. and it looked like Efe got the ball first. Is that not what happened?

:dunno:

Haven't seen a video of the incident yet, so relying others that have.

HoboHarry
21-08-2018, 04:39 PM
I was in the West Stand, section 2, on Sunday, so had a very good view of the penalty. and it looked like Efe got the ball first. Is that not what happened?

:dunno:

Haven't seen a video of the incident yet, so relying others that have.
Looked like Efe took a heavy touch, lost possession and clattered the County player. Hibs have no complaints with that decision and NL said as much after the game....

The Harp Awakes
21-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Looked like Efe took a heavy touch, lost possession and clattered the County player. Hibs have no complaints with that decision and NL said as much after the game....

The key part of that sentence is 'Looked like...' From the camera angle, and the view from most of the spectators in the stadium, it is impossible to tell if there was contact or not. If there was contact before Efe got to the ball then it is a stonewaller. I don't think Clancy knew if it was a pen given the delay in awarding it. Presumably it was the lino who flagged, who in fairness, probably had the best angle.

On Clancy he has been involved in quite a few controversial decisions now which have gone against Hibs. The non-pen v Rangers at ER being a total shocker. For me, his body language when he refs against us is telling - he seems to take great delight in awarding decisions against us. I think he's got it in for us for some reason.

greenlex
21-08-2018, 05:41 PM
To your boss, but not your customers.

A paying customer might look for an explanation of a screw up that is to their detriment That should be a minimum requirement in any business.

allmodcons
21-08-2018, 05:52 PM
The key part of that sentence is 'Looked like...' From the camera angle, and the view from most of the spectators in the stadium, it is impossible to tell if there was contact or not. If there was contact before Efe got to the ball then it is a stonewaller. I don't think Clancy knew if it was a pen given the delay in awarding it. Presumably it was the lino who flagged, who in fairness, probably had the best angle.

On Clancy he has been involved in quite a few controversial decisions now which have gone against Hibs. The non-pen v Rangers at ER being a total shocker. For me, his body language when he refs against us is telling - he seems to take great delight in awarding decisions against us. I think he's got it in for us for some reason.

This is correct. I know him and he told me so.

eastcoasthibby
21-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Its cheating, you cannot get as many easy decisions with big consequences, wrong as often as some of them do, they are part of whats wrong with our game, because there are teams who play anti football by persistently fouling, at times viciously taking the footballers out, stopping the flow and flair of players at times, mostly when teams are attacking, in both types of examples it reduces the amount of excitement !! ...the real problem is that the governing body, is spineless and they are accountable to no one.

Joe6-2
21-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Its cheating, you cannot get as many easy decisions with big consequences, wrong as often as some of them do, they are part of whats wrong with our game, because there are teams who play anti football by persistently fouling, at times viciously taking the footballers out, stopping the flow and flair of players at times, mostly when teams are attacking, in both types of examples it reduces the amount of excitement !! ...the real problem is that the governing body, is spineless and they are accountable to no one.

Totally agree, can’t blame incompetance all the time, just not possible to get so many things wrong or just overlooked

Kato
21-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Totally agree, can’t blame incompetance all the time, just not possible to get so many things wrong or just overlooked

Agree as well. The laws of the game get muddied too much in the culture of the Scottish game. There are clubs who are trying be progressive and there others, along with the governing bodies, who are happy for the sport to remain agricultural. I don't mind games with a bit needle and the odd ding-dong but some fixtures are almost always as ugly sin. I'd start by drug-testing everyone who sits on the SFA, particularly for posh - start a cull.

Kato
21-08-2018, 07:49 PM
This is correct. I know him and he told me so.

Didn't see the incident at the game. For the people around me it was fifty fifty between those who thought it was a pen and those who thought nothing happened. Having seen it it's a stonewaller.

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2018, 07:57 PM
I might be old school but played football for over thirty years -good bad or indifferent once ref has made his decision he is never gonna change his mind just accept it and get on with it.Same for all teams -breaks should hopefully break even over the season. There must be a case for 100% professional referees for the top tier in Scotland and the introduction of goal line technology if a ball crosses the line a buzzer goes off in refs ear.It pains me to say it but the Huns scored a good goal at Killie that was played on as if it was a kick about in a public park....and as for their pitch......??? :wink:

HoboHarry
21-08-2018, 08:06 PM
I might be old school but played football for over thirty years -good bad or indifferent once ref has made his decision he is never gonna change his mind just accept it and get on with it.Same for all teams -breaks should hopefully break even over the season. There must be a case for 100% professional referees for the top tier in Scotland and the introduction of goal line technology if a ball crosses the line a buzzer goes off in refs ear.It pains me to say it but the Huns scored a good goal at Killie that was played on as if it was a kick about in a public park....and as for their pitch......??? :wink:
Nobody in their right mind would turn professional referee for the wages that are paid. I'm not sure about the current group, but historically it was necessary to take lots of time off work to get to the top which meant they were typically white collar doctors accountants etc. To give that up for refereeing knowing that you will be finished at fifty is a lot to ask. And they will still make mistakes even if they are professional - look at the EPL......

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Nobody in their right mind would turn professional referee for the wages that are paid. I'm not sure about the current group, but historically it was necessary to take lots of time off work to get to the top which meant they were typically white collar doctors accountants etc. To give that up for refereeing knowing that you will be finished at fifty is a lot to ask. And they will still make mistakes even if they are professional - look at the EPL......
Agree! Thankless task. Throughout history there have always been refs that have had it in for HIBS Bobby Davidson and Craig Thomson spring to mind and now Clancy seems to have a hidden agenda against Lenny especially perhaps they need help from the powers that be as I have already referred to goal line technology . There is also VAR but these innovations need money. I thought I read somewhere about a new TV deal being up for grabs in the Scottish game that might inject much needed funds that might help in this regard? :confused:

EricStoner
22-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Bloody tragedy we've missed last Sunday's Scottish YouTubers charity game v. Stenny, in aid of the Scottish Association for Mental Health. (You can still donate to that on various Just Giving pages put up by the likes of Batchy.)
This thread should have been a great fundraiser for it.
Shows the scale of the work that needs done in that field.
Maybe admins could merge this with the mental health thread on The Holy Ground board.

One Day Soon
22-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Bloody tragedy we've missed last Sunday's Scottish YouTubers charity game v. Stenny, in aid of the Scottish Association for Mental Health. (You can still donate to that on various Just Giving pages put up by the likes of Batchy.)
This thread should have been a great fundraiser for it.
Shows the scale of the work that needs done in that field.
Maybe admins could merge this with the mental health thread on The Holy Ground board.

This thread deserves to get to 10 pages, minimum. If we could cross-dress it with flags, referendums, bed wetting and loyalty schemes it could run forever.

In other news I feel that football matches without referees would, much like road junctions with non-functioning traffic lights, be much more satisfying and efficient spectacles. Just saying.

JimBHibees
22-08-2018, 11:56 AM
All you need to know about whether refereeing in Scotland doesnt have its issues was that the first Edinburgh based ref to get the Scottish cup final was after the competition had been running for 100 years. Sounds fair. :rolleyes: