PDA

View Full Version : NHC Poss Europa bye for Gerrard's team

Greenbeard
19-08-2018, 01:00 PM
BBC gossip reporting a possible Europa bye for the Huns 'cos their Russian oppo might not get UK Visas in time for Thursday. That would set a dangerous precedent and open the door for deliberate delays by dodgy government depts so their home team gets through automatically. Should be the other way round i.e. the onus should be on the home team's government dept to speed through the visas or make a special arrangement for the visiting team.
So if no UK visas for FC Ufa, then the Huns should have to forfeit the tie.

dalkeith stu
19-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Has this ever been an issue before??

SteveHFC
19-08-2018, 01:04 PM
This is why the qualifying rounds of the Europa league should be regionalised.

JohnM1875
19-08-2018, 01:09 PM
It'll never happen. The tie will go ahead as planned.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2018, 01:16 PM
If there is anything about The Queen on the visas,the Ruskies could be in trouble.

Scouse Hibee
19-08-2018, 01:33 PM
BBC gossip reporting a possible Europa bye for the Huns 'cos their Russian oppo might not get UK Visas in time for Thursday. That would set a dangerous precedent and open the door for deliberate delays by dodgy government depts so their home team gets through automatically. Should be the other way round i.e. the onus should be on the home team's government dept to speed through the visas or make a special arrangement for the visiting team.

No chance, the game will ahead as planned.

Crazyhorse
19-08-2018, 08:43 PM

I would have thought the British government denying a team entry to play a British team would result in UEFA awarding the tie to their opponents.

Ryan69
20-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Surely the home team would be awarded a 3-0 win.
The Russian Government can just play the same tactic...and its a draw. :)

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Surely the home team would be awarded a 3-0 win.
The Russian Government can just play the same tactic...and its a draw. :)

Tie to be decided by a pole-vault competition across the Berlin Wall.

Hibbyradge
20-08-2018, 09:53 AM

I've got some news for you ...

Callum_62
20-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Modern day Britain - its a wonderful place

One Day Soon
20-08-2018, 10:06 AM

Europa League, Time Traveller Divisional knock outs?

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2018, 10:12 AM
If that was to happen it would be a stick on bye for the Russian team unless it could be proved beyond doubt the fault was with them. It would be insanity to do it the other way round.

As it is I would be astonished if the tie isn't played.

Famous Fiver
20-08-2018, 10:14 AM
How will Brexit affect travel after next March? Reports of visitor permits, charges, visas and god knows what else.

Tit for tat between UK and some European countries.

Could be interesting times.

Cause for concern or not?

Since90+2
20-08-2018, 10:18 AM
How will Brexit affect travel after next March? Reports of visitor permits, charges, visas and god knows what else.

Tit for tat between UK and some European countries.

Could be interesting times.

Cause for concern or not?

I'd imagine freedom of movement will remain for tourists but automatic right to work will cease.

Green Man
20-08-2018, 10:22 AM
I've got some news for you ...

They could use this bit... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/16/block-of-berlin-wall-emerges-from-central-city-undergrowth?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Europa League, Time Traveller Divisional knock outs?

TBF, the tone of this thread had me thinking that we had regressed to the 1960's.

Then again, I may subconsciously be preparing myself for the new-age post-Brexit Britain. Return of the wall, bricked-up Channel Tunnel etc etc.

( a gag I heard in a show at the weekend:-

"Daddy, what's the EU?"

"It's something we used to be a member of, son, a long time ago"

"You mean, before the famine?")