PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Ross County

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Sir David Gray
19-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Very poor second half performance but we're through which is the main thing. Need to improve massively in the league although it was by no means our first team.

Phil MaGlass
19-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Big thanks to the person that put up the link to the game on youtube, (stuck at work)
too many pages to find oot who it was,
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

jacomo
deserved yellow for whittaker

SW had a good half imo.

We are lacking a bit of composure in midfield. We need to get on the ball and control the tempo a bit more.

Still, well done Hibs. Great win.

Deejk107
Is Laidlaw meant to be a goalkeeper AND a clairvoyant? How can he actually prevent Efe from being Efe?

I mean Efe stood with the ball for at least 5 seconds before giving away the foul, I just think in that time he could have been a dominant keeper and called for the ball before Efe got near it! It's a case of Laidlaw literally picking the ball up and that would never have happened, can't fully blame Efe for it imo. Both to blame!

Jack Hackett
19-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Must be - it said so on the BBC. :greengrin

Would that be the same BBC who gave an update to the score against Molde as Malmo 0-0 Hibs? :greengrin

neil7908
19-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Delighted with the win, really important for us to go through today.

Mallan and Horgan look like they will give us goals but our defence is still not right and we are shipping far too many soft goals. I also don't know what we'd do if Lewis got a bad injury.

Allan should be top of the list in terms of recruitment but I think we need to look at whether this defence will be enough for us this season. Apart from Porteous they are all getting on in age and I wonder if its best to reinforce now than try to wring another year out of them.

So for me Allan and a younger left sided defender would make me feel a lot better

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2018, 04:11 PM
Is Laidlaw meant to be a goalkeeper AND a clairvoyant? How can he actually prevent Efe from being Efe?No way can Laidlaw be blamed for yet another calamity from Efe...one wonders when he will be dropped?? Thought he was awful today...fine coming forward but that's not his main responsibility. He's a liability in a back 4 I'm afraid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

xyz23jc
19-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Big thanks to the person that put up the link to the game on youtube, (stuck at work)
too many pages to find oot who it was,
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seconded! Was either Makaveli or Calum7...If that's not Libel! :greengrin

Diclonius
19-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Only the goals were enjoyable today.

Ref was poor, midfield was largely invisible.

Laidlaw = Laidnaw
Horgan= A real threat
Mallan = cracking goal but invisible otherwise.
Boyle = Sees the right option, chooses the other one.

Everyone else neither here nor there.

Lots of players, nae team today. Tons of energy missing from the midfield.

Laidlaw was good. Three crucial saves.

Zazu62
19-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Don’t think our defenders have much confidence in Laidlaw coming out to get the ball.

hibee_girl
19-08-2018, 04:14 PM
I mean Efe stood with the ball for at least 5 seconds before giving away the foul, I just think in that time he could have been a dominant keeper and called for the ball before Efe got near it! It's a case of Laidlaw literally picking the ball up and that would never have happened, can't fully blame Efe for it imo. Both to blame!

Laidlaw did call for the ball, Efe ignored him. That's not Laidlaw's fault.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2018, 04:15 PM
That was poor today, i wouldnt give anyone over a 6 with perhaps the exception of Horgan who had a very good first half, but disappeared in the 2nd until a later run with the ball and his goal.

We are desperate for Spike to be good, as that midfield were run ragged at times against what in reality was a poor team.

We are way too lightweight, but we have a few new players to bed in now, and we have the time to get everyone on the training pitch which will surely help.

Once again we have a never say die attitude, and even while playing so poor we've got a win which never looked like coming. :top marks

Mr Grieves
19-08-2018, 04:16 PM
We started poorly, livened up when they scored their first and probably should have went in at half time 2 goals ahead. We were pretty poor in the second half, creating very little. Ross County were a lot more composed on the ball.

CMac1988
19-08-2018, 04:17 PM

Yip, shouted keeper. Clear as day. Efe beginning to have far too many 'Efe' moments. Far too frequent for my liking.

Deejk107
19-08-2018, 04:17 PM
No way can Laidlaw be blamed for yet another calamity from Efe...one wonders when he will be dropped?? Thought he was awful today...fine coming forward but that's not his main responsibility. He's a liability in a back 4 I'm afraid

I think Efe would be a good holding midfielder ala Sol Bamba.

The Pointer
19-08-2018, 04:18 PM
...........and - breath..........

We're through despite our poorest performance for a good while.

My gripes are; no-one moving into the gap in front of Stevenson which is where we made ground in the Euro games, meaning he almost always had to stop and turn around. No slickness with too many misplaced passes and never seem to take the obvious (and quicker) option of passing to the player moving ahead. This season the forwards haven't been getting into the box to create chances the way McLaren and Flo did last season.

We'll have to step up considerably before next weekend but the full week of resting then training should make a difference.

EricStoner
Did you abandon your law degree due to not knowing the difference between libel and slander in England and defamation in Scotland?? Maybe come back to us when you finish your law degree. When you complete it, feel free to come back to us. In the meantime, I can loan you a few textbooks.

Replying to your post generally, what a load of nonsense.

Jesus. I only popped in here for an update at h-t in Limerick's demolition of Galway. I'm talking UK generally, not Scotland specifically and certainly not this messageboard specifically. I haven't kept current, but if calling an appointed, neutral, professional arbiter a "cheat", in writing, in a widely viewed medium, doesn't constitute grounds for civil action, things must've changed significantly.... & I know the Scottish refs being "defamed" on Scottish forums are not professionals.
Anyhow, sod all that. Whatever about the team selection and performance, which I didn't see, we got away with it. Job done. We're still in with a chance of winning both of the competitions we have a realistic shout in and we've an acceptable draw in this one. So stop whingeing.
Dug out my copy of the programme for Stevie Crawford's penalty against the Sheep in the League Cup when the draw took place. The only time I've ever seen Hibs beat the Sheep😨. That game was 20 years ago today. There's a Mass Hibsteria inside it😂. The fanzine took a lot more writing than the bloody programme.
Full-time at Croke Park. Well done, Limerick. Almost "sheeped it" in injury time but 45 years of hurt are over.

Deejk107

Yeah he did call for it, did he come and collect it though? What's the point calling for it if you're not going to collect it? That's one of the first things I learnt at training, never call for the ball if you're not getting it. Simple.

hibee_girl
19-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Yeah he did call for it, did he come and collect it though? What's the point calling for it if you're not going to collect it? That's one of the first things I learnt at training, never call for the ball if you're not getting it. Simple.

He called for it expecting Efe to leave the ball for him, Efe didn't. Don't see how that's Laidlaw's fault.

Centre Hawf
19-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Echo what others have said. Midfield needs bite and Martin did no to bad first half. Whittaker wasnt terrible but not the answer. Fingers crossed Milligan helps fix that.

Mallan, a part from his goal, was quiet in my opinion. But did more than Hyndman. He has a nice first touch but doesn’t create much.

Boyle looked knackered. Chose the wrong option constantly but Horgan looked a player. Some nice crosses and his goal came despite him being out on his feet.

Shaw looked isolated first half. And Maclaren joined the club second half, we don’t look set up for Maclarens game atm until we got Scotty back.

Brightside
19-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Laidlaw was very unlucky today. Nothing that’s his fault today. Some keystone cops defending at times and once we have a proper CDM we will be much better.

Deejk107
19-08-2018, 04:22 PM
He called for it expecting Efe to leave the ball for him, Efe didn't. Don't see how that's Laidlaw's fault.

You don't expect anything in football, you go and make things happen yourself. If Efe leaves that and Laidlaw doesn't get there we'd still be slating Efe imo. Laidlaw had a good game but clearly needs to assert himself, it's Laidlaw's fault Efe doesn't trust him with collecting the ball clearly.

Onceinawhile
19-08-2018, 04:23 PM
I think Efe would be a good holding midfielder ala Sol Bamba.

So bamba who currently plays for an epl team in Central defence and kept a clean sheet yesterday?

we are hibs
19-08-2018, 04:24 PM
The midfield really aren't clicking at the minute. Sloppy passing and a real reluctance to tackle. Aberdeen will bully us next week unless we add some steel in there.

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Our strongest 11 could be decent:

..........................Rocky................... ..........

.................Efe McGregor Hanlon.................

Gray.................Milligan..................... .Lewis

.............Horgan..............Mallan........... ......

....................Flo........MacLaren........... ......

Or 451

..........................Rocky................... ..........

Gray...............Efe......Hanlon...............L ewis

Boyle................Milligan....................H organ

.............Hyndman..............Mallan.......... ....

.............................Flo.................. ............

Mr Grieves
19-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Only the goals were enjoyable today.

Ref was poor, midfield was largely invisible.

Laidlaw = Laidnaw
Horgan= A real threat
Mallan = cracking goal but invisible otherwise.
Boyle = Sees the right option, chooses the other one.

Everyone else neither here nor there.

Lots of players, nae team today. Tons of energy missing from the midfield.

Agree, we have decent players in midfield but it's missing something. Hopefully Milligan is the answer.

Anyway, how'd you think Maclaren played?

Deejk107
19-08-2018, 04:27 PM
So bamba who currently plays for an epl team in Central defence and kept a clean sheet yesterday?

The very man indeed, he was never a centreback when he was with us, always looked shaky at the back but absolutely loved the man when he played in midfield. I think Efe could fill that role really well imo, just let the big madman run about like a headless chicken, his first touch is usually immaculate and his ability to drive forward is surprising and he'd cost us waaaay less than he does now if he were to hold up the ball too long!

Crazyhorse
19-08-2018, 04:36 PM

Efe should have cleared it. Total brainfart stuff.

Brightside
19-08-2018, 04:36 PM
You don't expect anything in football, you go and make things happen yourself. If Efe leaves that and Laidlaw doesn't get there we'd still be slating Efe imo. Laidlaw had a good game but clearly needs to assert himself, it's Laidlaw's fault Efe doesn't trust him with collecting the ball clearly.

Poppycock

Speedway
19-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Agree, we have decent players in midfield but it's missing something. Hopefully Milligan is the answer.

Anyway, how'd you think Maclaren played?

I’ll take that bait.

Had Horgan played him in when he was unmarked in the box, he would’ve scored today.

Hermit Crab
19-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Never a doubt 3-2

Oh yes there was, major doubts at 2-2.

Bobby's Cinema
19-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Was always going to be a tough game after midweek.

Result is all that matters here and a result we got.

Definitely one of those games today where you could look and say, in the past we wouldn't have won that after the way it panned out.

Well done today Hibs great result :aok:

Jim44
19-08-2018, 04:42 PM
I think they call it, ‘winning ugly’. I’m glad we’re now capable of doing this. Shows some character.:hibees

bingo70
19-08-2018, 04:42 PM
I’ll take that bait.

Had Horgan played him in when he was unmarked in the box, he would’ve scored today.

Billy Dodds was slating McLarens movement for that chance. He was saying that the angle he went at gave Horgan no chance.

I’ve not seen the incident but you’d assume Dodds would be pretty impartial.

One Day Soon
19-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Jesus. I only popped in here for an update at h-t in Limerick's demolition of Galway. I'm talking UK generally, not Scotland specifically and certainly not this messageboard specifically. I haven't kept current, but if calling an appointed, neutral, professional arbiter a "cheat", in writing, in a widely viewed medium, doesn't constitute grounds for civil action, things must've changed significantly.... & I know the Scottish refs being "defamed" on Scottish forums are not professionals.
Anyhow, sod all that. Whatever about the team selection and performance, which I didn't see, we got away with it. Job done. We're still in with a chance of winning both of the competitions we have a realistic shout in and we've an acceptable draw in this one. So stop whingeing.
Dug out my copy of the programme for Stevie Crawford's penalty against the Sheep in the League Cup when the draw took place. The only time I've ever seen Hibs beat the Sheep😨. That game was 20 years ago today. There's a Mass Hibsteria inside it😂. The fanzine took a lot more writing than the bloody programme.
Full-time at Croke Park. Well done, Limerick. Almost "sheeped it" in injury time but 45 years of hurt are over.

It sure did. :wink:

calumhibee1
19-08-2018, 05:08 PM

Sol Bamba played as a holding midfielder for us for a little bit and was outstanding.

Deejk107
19-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Efe should have cleared it. Total brainfart stuff.

I agree, I just also think it'd never have happened with a keeper who commands his box and his defence.

B.H.F.C
19-08-2018, 05:13 PM

I don’t think Laidlaw is a particularly good goalie. But at the penalty incident I heard him shout from the east. Efe should have got out the way. Can’t blame Laidlaw whatsoever for that.

Deejk107
19-08-2018, 05:16 PM
I don’t think Laidlaw is a particularly good goalie. But at the penalty incident I heard him shout from the east. Efe should have got out the way. Can’t blame Laidlaw whatsoever for that.

I mean at the very least we can blame him for not earning the respect of his defenders then. He needs to be more commanding when it comes to them. Totally fed up of Hibs goalkeepers being absolute *****bags, missing Rocky for sure.

Speedway
19-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Billy Dodds was slating McLarens movement for that chance. He was saying that the angle he went at gave Horgan no chance.

Disagree with Dodds. I don’t need much excuse to criticise Maclaren but he was in space, available and onside. Horgan should’ve found him.

B.H.F.C
19-08-2018, 05:21 PM
I mean at the very least we can blame him for not earning the respect of his defenders then. He needs to be more commanding when it comes to them. Totally fed up of Hibs goalkeepers being absolute *****bags, missing Rocky for sure.

Still no having that. As I say, I don’t think he’s particularly good, hence why he’s third choice. But in that instance he clearly shouted. If Efe doesn’t want to listen, that’s Efe’s problem.

calumhibee1
19-08-2018, 05:24 PM

I said the same at the game. I didn’t think Maclarens run really helped Horgan.

Hibby Bairn
19-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Jeez. Some real roasters on this thread. Some of the players were clearly tired. We also had a few players who have either only just joined us or who are in transition from the development team.

Give them a break. We won. There would probably be 5 or 6 that started today who wouldn’t normally start a league game. Missing McGregor, Hanlon, Bogdan/Marciano, Slivka, Kamberi, McLaren, Bartley. The new boys look quite exciting additions to me. Just need a bit of time.

CathroMustStay
19-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Good win.

Bring on the Sheep.

Hermit Crab
19-08-2018, 06:01 PM

I was at the game, imo Horgan took too long to play Maclaren in, there was ample opportunity for a pass before Horgan was tackled.

wookie70
19-08-2018, 06:02 PM

Laidlaw called for the ball as soon as it was crossed in. He was standing a yard away from Efe and I could hear the call very clearly 50 yards away. Not sure if he had any fault in the first goal today but he was one of our best players. Efe is wholly at fault for that goal and partly at fault for the first with a weak header out to the edge of the area.

Allant1981
19-08-2018, 06:04 PM
I was at the game, imo Horgan took too long to play Maclaren in, there was ample opportunity for a pass before Horgan was tackled.

yip about 5 yards before he lost it he could have played maclaren in

wookie70
19-08-2018, 06:04 PM

I thought the runners, both MacLaren and Shaw made it easy for the County defenders. Very poor straight runs. MacLaren look like he desperately needs games so it is surprising he only got a half today.

broondog
19-08-2018, 06:08 PM
I thought the runners, both MacLaren and Shaw made it easy for the County defenders. Very poor straight runs. MacLaren look like he desperately needs games so it is surprising he only got a half today.

100% spot on. said this almost word for word to my mate today. we made it for too easy for them.

HibbyAndy
19-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Horgan is a player , 3 year deal also happy days

Impressed with his crossing

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2018, 06:15 PM
When the teams lined up in front of the main stand before kick off it was like HIBS were auditioning for Snow White and the seven dwarfs compared to the giants from Ross County or should I be on that other thread about diminutive HIBS players? :wink:

Glory Lurker
19-08-2018, 06:15 PM
No singing section. No seagull invasion. :hmmm:

HibbyAndy
19-08-2018, 06:18 PM

Nae singing section today how come ? They spat the dummy oot ?

Iggy Pope
19-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Took a terrible touch prior to this hence making the tackle possible. And that was a touch too many.
Thought Oli might've done better with the loose ball after this.
Collectively quite a bowffing period of play, but at least the wee man came good in the end.

Iggy Pope
19-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Laidlaw called for the ball as soon as it was crossed in. He was standing a yard away from Efe and I could hear the call very clearly 50 yards away. Not sure if he had any fault in the first goal today but he was one of our best players. Efe is wholly at fault for that goal and partly at fault for the first with a weak header out to the edge of the area.

He looked a bit suspect at the first goal as I bought he would gather it easily. It didn't pass him with any pace and he looked pretty angry at himself.
He was a bit edgy after this 1st half and the FF was dishing out audible pelters over his distribution and kicking, a bit unfairly IMO as there were a few in front of him in green shirts certainly making his job difficult and were nether set nor ready for taking anything short.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2018, 06:27 PM

Yip good point! A few people around me asking the same question. Not that I missed the singing section or the seagulls! Anyone know the goss?

Smartie
19-08-2018, 06:39 PM

I totally agree with Dodds.

McLaren was desperate to get central. If he stayed wide, he could have been played in, or if the defender stays wide with him then there's more space for Horgan (iirc we had a player up on the left as well).

It was very poor from McLaren to totally choke off the space and it wasted as good an opening as we managed to create (given our goals came from long-range strikes).

I actually thought Oli Shaw did the same thing twice in the second half last week, crowding out the middle and leaving us with no options out wide. I don't know if there's some kind of instruction from Lennon that the strikers must get central, but it is wasting some of our best chances and it is driving me daft.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Yip good point! A few people around me asking the same question. Not that I missed the singing section or the seagulls! Anyone know the goss?

They only turn up for the big games sub 10k they’re not interested.

J-C
19-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Out for a meal straight after the game, so here goes.
Laidlaw needs punted, poor for the goal and doesn't instil confidence in the defence.

Efe was brutal, everyone in the stadium heard Laidlaw shout except him who was 3ft away. Far too many Efe errors for me.

Martin had a pretty good game before the knock, Whittaker is still brutal.

Boyle maybe needs a wee break, trying to do too much at times.

Mallan apart from his cracking goal was fairly average.

Hyndman and Horgan looked lively and sharp, once everyone is up to speed, we'll be a very decent team.

Thought Porteous strolled it again, looks like he's been playing for years.

Like the new shape, gave us good fluency in the team and good to watch.

Clancy is a cheating ****.

wookie70
19-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Nae singing section today how come ? They spat the dummy oot ? there were about the same number in that section for last year's early league cup games

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Laidlaw needs punted, poor for the goal and doesn't instil confidence in the defence.

Efe was brutal, everyone in the stadium heard Laidlaw shout except him who was 3ft away. Far too many Efe errors for me.

Hyndman and Horgan looked lively and sharp, once everyone is up to speed, we'll be a very decent team.

Agree!
I have said on these threads for the last year that Ross Laidlaw has never recovered from last years semifinal versus Celtic his confidence is shot. Got slated for it.
Efi Ambrose while usually reliable and sometimes brilliant is prone to “Efe Moments.” Got slated for it.
Ryan Porteous will one day captain HIBS and Scotland.
We all agree Clancy is a cheating c*** :thumbsup:

theonlywayisup
19-08-2018, 07:16 PM

Whittaker is still brutal.

Opinions but don't agree with any of the above. Prefer reading Jonnyboys summary.

Thought Porteous didn't have his best game. Some great moments, others where he lacked composure.

Whittaker was never brutal.

Laidlaw was not at fault with the goal. He was right behind it until the deflection.

greenlex
19-08-2018, 07:16 PM
I ****ing love a match day thread.

B.H.F.C
19-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Laidlaw doesn’t inspire me. But I think people need to remember he is our third choice keeper. Thought those in front of him were worse than him.

We were pretty poor today. Now that we aren’t going to be playing every few days, we can hopefully get a bit of consistency in team selection though.

Really lacking in midfield. There are some decent players in there but it’s unbalanced. Hopefully Milligan is the first step to addressing that. It was always going to be extremely difficult to replace McGeough, McGinn and Allan and there is still a lot of work to do on that IMO.

Deejk107
19-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Still no having that. As I say, I don’t think he’s particularly good, hence why he’s third choice. But in that instance he clearly shouted. If Efe doesn’t want to listen, that’s Efe’s problem.

It's definitely Efe's problem 100% but it didn't look like the defenders trusted him quite as much as they would Rocky or even Bogdan tbh, Efe is mostly at fault for the goal all I'm saying is that Laidlaw isn't exactly a commanding presence in the box and it's understandable why Efe would want to take matters into his own hands as our most experienced defender on the pitch, why he didn't just boot it out is beyond me though. I think to give Efe all the criticism is a bit harsh, people in this thread saying we need to cash in and get rid when he's played a vital part in some of our biggest games over the past couple of seasons.

I still think he could do a job in the middle of the park as a defensive midfielder, give him the freedom to actually take the touch he always wants to take and to drive at people! I'd rather him in that position than Whittaker or Slivka.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Yeah he did call for it, did he come and collect it though? What's the point calling for it if you're not going to collect it? That's one of the first things I learnt at training, never call for the ball if you're not getting it. Simple.What did u expect Laidlaw to do run thru Efe?? If stop defending the indefensible mate...even Lenny has criticised efe post match

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2018, 07:51 PM
I was at the game, imo Horgan took too long to play Maclaren in, there was ample opportunity for a pass before Horgan was tackled.For once I find myself in total agreement with u HC from where I was sat in east Maclaren made a great run and Horgan delayed the pass too long. Good tho Horgan was today he did on a couple of occasions hold onto the ball a bit too long and ignored better options...albeit he was a very impressive debutant

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Agree!
I have said on these threads for the last year that Ross Laidlaw has never recovered from last years semifinal versus Celtic his confidence is shot. Got slated for it.
Efi Ambrose while usually reliable and sometimes brilliant is prone to “Efe Moments.” Got slated for it.
Ryan Porteous will one day captain HIBS and Scotland.
We all agree Clancy is a cheating c*** [emoji106]Is this the same Laidlaw who pulled off a terrific save from the free kick given away by another efe moment and then after the penalty pulled off a cracking double save?? Not bad for our 3rd choice keeper imo

Brightside
19-08-2018, 08:15 PM

Free wine at the meal ?

Crazyhorse
19-08-2018, 08:36 PM
I agree, I just also think it'd never have happened with a keeper who commands his box and his defence.

Maybe. But Efe does this sort of thing and it's the reason he is not playing for a top team in a top league.
He has many fine qualities and I'm glad he is in our team but he has these flaws which appear from time to time.

greenlex
19-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Is this the same Laidlaw who pulled off a terrific save from the free kick given away by another efe moment and then after the penalty pulled off a cracking double save?? Not bad for our 3rd choice keeper imo

:agree: Laidlaw did nothing wrong today and I mean nothing other than one wayward kick out of touch.

Smartie
19-08-2018, 08:44 PM
:agree: Laidlaw did nothing wrong today and I mean nothing other than one wayward kick out of touch.

I don't know how much was down to Laidlaw and how much was down to Efe but the pair of them had a few dodgy moments between them.

Laidlaw actually had some brilliant play with the ball at his feet and made a few very good saves as well.

He's not bad at all for a third choice.

bingo70
19-08-2018, 08:46 PM

FWIW they were talking on the radio about him looking quite shaky.

Don’t think it was anything to do with the goals though (I only tuned into the radio after about 40 minutes)

J-C
19-08-2018, 10:42 PM
Free wine at the meal ?

Vittoria don't do free wine but if you could recommend a restaurant that does I'd be very appreciative.

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Vittoria don't do free wine but if you could recommend a restaurant that does I'd be very appreciative.
Do they still do 20% discount for ST holders? :wink:

J-C
20-08-2018, 08:26 AM
Do they still do 20% discount for ST holders? :wink:

Don't tell me that now :grr: :greengrin

jacomo
20-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Burnley got gubbed by Watford yesterday and some are blaming their efforts in the Europa League.

Food for thought...

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Don't tell me that now :grr: :greengrin

Yeah fink it’s oan vino tae 😂

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Burnley got gubbed by Watford yesterday and some are blaming their efforts in the Europa League.

Food for thought...

Aye Boyle and Stevenson looked dead on their feet yesterday

PatHead
20-08-2018, 09:18 AM

Food for thought...

Would be a nice problem to have! 😀 Maybe next season.

Centre Hawf
20-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Aye Boyle and Stevenson looked dead on their feet yesterday

This. Boyle looked hesitant at times in the later stages. Stevenson looked as sluggish as I’ve seen him. Hopefully nearly a full week with light training and without travel will help them.

B.H.F.C
20-08-2018, 09:27 AM
This. Boyle looked hesitant at times in the later stages. Stevenson looked as sluggish as I’ve seen him. Hopefully nearly a full week with light training and without travel will help them.

Lennon mentioned after the game yesterday that those who have played the majority of the games would be getting a few days off. Think those two will be at the front of the queue for that as they both looked burst yesterday.

jacomo
20-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Would be a nice problem to have! 😀 Maybe next season.

Absolutely. It was an enjoyable European adventure this summer and surely everyone wants more of the same next year.

But the Europa League certainly impacts on domestic fixtures. We shouldn’t be too hard on the boys.

I'm Spartacus
20-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Efe and Laidlaw must work on these things in training?? They should be able to read each situation and know who holds the upper hand to deal with each ball - if the keeper calls then there is an understanding he can hold the ball or launch it clear and safe.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Lennon mentioned after the game yesterday that those who have played the majority of the games would be getting a few days off. Think those two will be at the front of the queue for that as they both looked burst yesterday.

Yep, also mentioned specifically that he wanted to give Lewis a rest but couldn't. I wonder if he'll look to bring someone in, I'd been under the impression that Mackie may be his backup this season, but perhaps not given that he didn't feature yesterday.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Efe and Laidlaw must work on these things in training?? They should be able to read each situation and know who holds the upper hand to deal with each ball - if the keeper calls then there is an understanding he can hold the ball or launch it clear and safe.

Laidlaw has not played much, and Lennon has said they have hardly been on the training pitch with all the games and travelling.

Players also make mistakes, it happens.

Iggy Pope
20-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Aside from the ball into the box that led to the penalty, I'm not certain any of the back lot were in command of any situation the whole game. Below par and we got away with it. I know they shouldn't be tired, "young guys, I'd dae it for nothing", blah blah, but they looked jaded and the whole place was a wee bit less than it should've been on Sunday.
Efe will be fine on Sunday mark my words. Having watched him arrive late that night back into Edinburgh after the Faroes trip I reckon it's a wee bit harder for him than some.

matty_f
20-08-2018, 10:00 PM

I genuinely don't know what people expect from goalkeepers, Laidlaw is absolutely fine, he's not quite as good as Rocky or Bogdan but he's a more than able replacement when we need him.

Laidlaw makes the saves you'd expect him to make more often than not, and sometimes makes ones that you don't expect him to.

Like every goalkeeper worldwide, he has a mistake in him, but I've seen nothing to suggest that he's more prone to them than most other keepers at our level.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2018, 10:04 PM
I genuinely don't know what people expect from goalkeepers, Laidlaw is absolutely fine, he's not quite as good as Rocky or Bogdan but he's a more than able replacement when we need him.

Laidlaw makes the saves you'd expect him to make more often than not, and sometimes makes ones that you don't expect him to.

Like every goalkeeper worldwide, he has a mistake in him, but I've seen nothing to suggest that he's more prone to them than most other keepers at our level.

We’ve been damaged by the years of Zibi and Maka and now folk panic as soon as the ball goes near our goalies.

hibee_girl
20-08-2018, 10:11 PM

:agree:

And him having this wee run of games can only be good for him if we need to call on him again

Sir David Gray
20-08-2018, 10:40 PM

Correct. I have no concerns about him playing and I doubt there's too many fans of clubs at our level who could say that about their third choice goalkeeper.

monktonharp
21-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Is Laidlaw meant to be a goalkeeper AND a clairvoyant? How can he actually prevent Efe from being Efe?Don't think he can. However, I do hope they talk to each other on the training field at least. or does Efe wear thon headphone things on the pitch at match days? my mate tells me the goalie was screamin' "leave it it's mine" .