PDA

View Full Version : Trouble?

sauzee6_2
18-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Given the violence with rangers fans in Europe, coupled with Celtic fans breaking seats at Firhill today, was there any trouble at all with any of our European matches?

Assuming there was none, along with Aberdeen going to Burnley and behaving impeccably it really is about time we stand up to the bigot brothers and did something to punish their archaic behaviours.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2018, 07:00 PM
There may have been a spot of bother in Greece (Athens) on the Wednesday night, I hadn't arrived when this happened though, heard it was a group of Albanians looking for a fight. Just what I heard.

Frazerbob
18-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Given the violence with rangers fans in Europe, coupled with Celtic fans breaking seats at Firhill today, was there any trouble at all with any of our European matches?

Assuming there was none, along with Aberdeen going to Burnley and behaving impeccably it really is about time we stand up to the bigot brothers and did something to punish their archaic behaviours.

There was quite a bit of bother in Burnley (and Manchester) with Aberdeen casuals. There was also quite a bit of fighting at full time at the Dundee v Aberdeen game last weekend. Bizarrely that was the Aberdeen young team and old timers scrapping amongst themselves.

Greenbeard
18-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Maybe not in the same "trouble" category, but Jambo smoke bombs on going one up today were absolutely slated and ridiculed very heavily on open all mics. Some of ours maybe need to take a wee look at themselves in the mirror and consider if they are living up to Hibs class.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2018, 07:48 PM
There was quite a bit of bother in Burnley (and Manchester) with Aberdeen casuals. There was also quite a bit of fighting at full time at the Dundee v Aberdeen game last weekend. Bizarrely that was the Aberdeen young team and old timers scrapping amongst themselves.

Was the bother at the Aberdeen Dundee game relating to the Durrant song? Heard it's been threatening to kick off for a while.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2018, 07:49 PM

I believe that happened last week at Tynecastle with a couple of older guys smacking young laddies, theres a thread about it on JKB.

Frazerbob
18-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Was the bother at the Aberdeen Dundee game relating to the Durrant song? Heard it's been threatening to kick off for a while.

That was the media take on it but I was talking to a few old ASC guys on Sunday morning in the pub before I left for Perth. They were saying there’s a bit of a rift between the old guard and the young team. Think the Burnley trip didn’t go as well as they hoped, or some bollocks like that. One of the older boys got a right kick-in and was still in hospital last weekend.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Bother tonight coming back from Fife tonight I believe, could be Hearts fans up to naughties.

https://twitter.com/ScotRail/status/1030880019600629760

Edit, it was Jambo fans.

linlithgowhibbie
18-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Bother tonight coming back from Fife tonight I believe, could be Hearts fans up to naughties.

https://twitter.com/ScotRail/status/1030880019600629760

Edit, it was Jambo fans.

HC,

you and I know there will be a lot worse going on on the Fife trains coming into Edinburgh tonight unfortunately.

cabbageandribs1875
18-08-2018, 09:33 PM
There may have been a spot of bother in Greece (Athens) on the Wednesday night, I hadn't arrived when this happened though, heard it was a group of Albanians looking for a fight. Just what I heard.

hope the hibernians knocked ten bells out of them

Hermit Crab
18-08-2018, 09:34 PM
HC,

you and I know there will be a lot worse going on on the Fife trains coming into Edinburgh tonight unfortunately.

Agree B, always the same. :agree:

Hermit Crab
18-08-2018, 09:35 PM

Like I said I don't know the actual story, I didn't arrive in Athens until around 11pm on the Wednesday night after this had taken place..

sauzee6_2
18-08-2018, 09:59 PM

Not what I want to read.

rangers fans are **** of the earth, let’s not behave the same as them. Hibs fans should be a credit to the club.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Not what I want to read.

rangers fans are **** of the earth, let’s not behave the same as them. Hibs fans should be a credit to the club.

They are but every club has a following who perhaps over indulge at times shall we say.

Stantons Angel
18-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Apart from the skirmish at one of the hotels with Albanians throwing flares at the police on the Wednesday evening before the game in Greece.

The only bit of trouble i saw there was when some idiots in the Hibs support threw flares on to the pitch.

This has been reported and Hibs will be held to account for it happening.

Surely those responsible should know better and stop doing this and tarnishing the clubs name in europe?

Otherwise i understand that the Hibs support in general were magnificent and the local people enjoyed having us there.

kaimendhibs
18-08-2018, 10:56 PM
HC,

you and I know there will be a lot worse going on on the Fife trains coming into Edinburgh tonight unfortunately.I was on train behind, late arriving Haymarket and Edin

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
19-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Apart from the skirmish at one of the hotels with Albanians throwing flares at the police on the Wednesday evening before the game in Greece.

The only bit of trouble i saw there was when some idiots in the Hibs support threw flares on to the pitch.

Surely those responsible should know better and stop doing this and tarnishing the clubs name in europe?

Otherwise i understand that the Hibs support in general were magnificent and the local people enjoyed having us there.

To be fair throwing or lighting flares isn’t “causing trouble”

staunchhibby
19-08-2018, 07:04 AM
The people of Molde were excellent Very friendly

SouthMoroccoStu
19-08-2018, 07:11 AM
The daily ranger would have taken great pleasure in reporting hibs related crowd issues at any of our European fixtures

And we wouldn’t have been referred to as “Scottish supporters” either

WhileTheChief..
19-08-2018, 07:50 AM
it really is about time we stand up to the bigot brothers and did something to punish their archaic behaviours.

You mean us as fans or the Club?

What do you want us to do?

GreenT
19-08-2018, 08:20 AM

It is causing trouble for the Club as we will be fined. Also causes trouble to those with breathing difficulties.

green day
19-08-2018, 08:40 AM
The daily ranger would have taken great pleasure in reporting hibs related crowd issues at any of our European fixtures

And we wouldn’t have been referred to as “Scottish supporters” either

Not sure if the story has now been altered, but deffo talking about "Rangers" fans now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45222100

Fuzzywuzzy
19-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Whether we like it or not, all clubs have an element of support that are ********s. Some people are just ********s others get tanked up and turn into fuds. Look at the amount of trouble that has happened in Ayrshire jnrs.

Stantons Angel
19-08-2018, 11:35 AM

As someone else has just said in answer to this, why then is it considered illegal to bring them into a football match or big crowds of people and let them off?

Over the past few years Hibs have consistently asked supporters not to bring them into the games and throw them on to the pitch.

Some people would rather see the west coast papers be splashed with bad press about our support than just leave them alone.

A few seasons ago they caused a nasty incident at Livingston when someone threw one and children got frightened causing one wee lad to collapse.

Yeah they look great but when thrown around loads of people they can cause confusion and the horrible smoke can bring on bad asthma attacks too.

in my opinion chucking these things does "cause trouble" for those in the vicinity of it and for thr club too!

Nakedmanoncrack
19-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Actually petrol bombs that were being thrown, but it was nothing to do with Hibs, they just happened to be there.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Not sure if the story has now been altered, but deffo talking about "Rangers" fans now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45222100

I’m sure it was The Daily Record report that didn’t mention Rangers fans

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2018, 11:54 AM
I know flares are banned in Scotland, and we all know the consequences if they are let off. What i'd like to know is what are the rules in other countries like Greece and Turkey where they are let off in the hundreds every week?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VbC6YMkSV4

If they have the same rules as us, how are they not bankrupt from the fines? :greengrin

silverhibee
19-08-2018, 12:10 PM
I know flares are banned in Scotland, and we all know the consequences if they are let off. What i'd like to know is what are the rules in other countries like Greece and Turkey where they are let off in the hundreds every week?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VbC6YMkSV4

If they have the same rules as us, how are they not bankrupt from the fines? :greengrin

Why is it that flares are only a problem in football in Scotland, never any complaints or press having a go when they are set of at concerts or music festivals, would seem that football is treated differently from any other activities where large crowds gather.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Why is it that flares are only a problem in football in Scotland, never any complaints or press having a go when they are set of at concerts or music festivals, would seem that football is treated differently from any other activities where large crowds gather.

:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Not what I want to read.

what would you prefer to read ? allegedly some fans were looking for trouble with hibs fans, did you want the hibs fans to plead with them to leave them alone ? :rolleyes: as already said, i hope the hibs fans gave them a few slaps :aok:

Iggy Pope
19-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Actually petrol bombs that were being thrown, but it was nothing to do with Hibs, they just happened to be there.

100%. I was on my way to the hotel on foot after midnight and came cost to getting caught up in it, close to the polytechnic. The riot police and the hotelier explained it was political. Police had tear gas burning over the district to quell the protesters and it was not pleasant.
Shouldn't even be a point of discussion on this thread. The flare at the game has already been done to death.

PS. I was in Omonia square on the night after the game and contrary to reports, not a whiff of trouble.