PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Against Villa Next Year?

HFC_NYC
17-08-2018, 10:08 PM
I was chatting with a Villa fan on twitter and he said he will do what he can to get his club to arrange a friendly between our clubs next summer. This would be a fantastic opportunity to give SJM the send off he deserves. Anything Hibs fans can do to make this happen?

Hermit Crab
17-08-2018, 10:19 PM
A send off, after a year? A friendly would be good but I don't think it could be billed as a send off to McGinn.

Make sure its dow there as well, I want a trip out of it incase we don't get Europe next season. :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
17-08-2018, 10:20 PM
A send off, after a year? A friendly would be good but I don't think it could be billed as a send off to McGinn.

Make sure its dow there as well, I want a trip out of it incase we don't get Europe next season. :greengrin
We will be in europe next season :aok:

HFC_NYC
17-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Not so much a send off as a final chance to show him our appreciation

Hermit Crab
17-08-2018, 10:23 PM
We will be in europe next season :aok:

Effin hope so, got the green light from the Mrs to go next year after I missed Norway. :greengrin

HFC_NYC
17-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Not so much a send off as a final chance to show him our appreciation

HibeEC
17-08-2018, 10:47 PM
AV fan doesn't realise SJM will probably have been snapped up by Barca or Real M by then. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
17-08-2018, 10:50 PM
I was chatting with a Villa fan on twitter and he said he will do what he can to get his club to arrange a friendly between our clubs next summer. This would be a fantastic opportunity to give SJM the send off he deserves. Anything Hibs fans can do to make this happen?

Is he on the board?

I've never heard of a fan having any say in their club's pre-season schedule.

Hermit Crab
17-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Is he on the board?

I've never heard of a fan having any say in their club's pre-season schedule.

He must have some clout if he can arrange friendlies. :greengrin

Carheenlea
17-08-2018, 11:25 PM
It’s looking like the move to Villa will be a good one for John, and obviously a good deal for us, but the fawning over Aston Villa and the reciprocal adulation coming back from the midlands is a bit too nauseating for me. I loved watching McGinn playing for Hibs and I’ll keep a keen eye on his progress, but we need to reign in the somewhat undignified love in with Villa a little bit in my opinion.

houstonhibbee
18-08-2018, 03:54 AM
It’s looking like the move to Villa will be a good one for John, and obviously a good deal for us, but the fawning over Aston Villa and the reciprocal adulation coming back from the midlands is a bit too nauseating for me. I loved watching McGinn playing for Hibs and I’ll keep a keen eye on his progress, but we need to reign in the somewhat undignified love in with Villa a little bit in my opinion.
Why?

Austinho
18-08-2018, 07:23 AM
It’s looking like the move to Villa will be a good one for John, and obviously a good deal for us, but the fawning over Aston Villa and the reciprocal adulation coming back from the midlands is a bit too nauseating for me. I loved watching McGinn playing for Hibs and I’ll keep a keen eye on his progress, but we need to reign in the somewhat undignified love in with Villa a little bit in my opinion.I think it’s great that the fans of a club who’d otherwise **** on our league and our club are showing a keen interest in us. Don’t see what the problem is. I talk up Hibs to anyone who’ll listen, and take pleasure in converting friends into Hibees. The SJM move has done that with hundreds of Villa fans!

H18 SFR
18-08-2018, 07:38 AM
He must have some clout if he can arrange friendlies. :greengrin

My thoughts entirely.

cocteautwin
18-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Aye. Hud oan. Let me see what I can do to get Ronaldo to come to the Hibees . . . . . .

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-08-2018, 09:05 AM
So if Villa get promoted we would have a serial mumpdown if we ended up playing an EPL club in a pre-season friendly?

Forza Fred
18-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Gotta be honest....don’t care WHO we play in pre season friendlies....it is preparation for the season ahead, and the coach should be heavily involved in deciding the pre season build up.

Chic Murray
18-08-2018, 10:16 AM

John who?

Northernhibee
18-08-2018, 10:18 AM
I love how a transfer may end up in a friendship between two clubs. May lead to loan deals and big friendlies.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Don't mind this sort of thing ending up in a bit of mutual respect between fans of different clubs, not sure how it can be a bad thing.

As for a friendly with Villa … all for it so long as its down there, haven't had a decent away trip to Engerlund since our games against Bolton and Blackpool and I've never been to Birmingham :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
18-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Played them down there in the 80s, year before the Millwall game I think.

chippy
18-08-2018, 02:48 PM

Especially if you have a soft spot for the Baggies

Since90+2
18-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Would be good if it's at Villa Park for a wee trip down south.

Jackh
18-08-2018, 02:52 PM

Stop

chippy
18-08-2018, 03:00 PM

Especially if you have a soft spot for the Baggies

Onion
18-08-2018, 03:18 PM
looks like the bar for starting a thread on .net has a new low :rolleyes:

18-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Not a bad idea and would generate a bit of cash for the club as you'd probably get more fans along than just your average pre-season friendly.

Beefster
18-08-2018, 04:31 PM
A few years ago, I asked Hibs to arrange a preseason tournament with Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern and Hibs. They’ve yet to get back to me but I remain optimistic.

lord bunberry
18-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Would be good if it's at Villa Park for a wee trip down south.

That’s what I was thinking

Nakedmanoncrack
18-08-2018, 05:51 PM
A few years ago, I asked Hibs to arrange a preseason tournament with Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern and Hibs. They’ve yet to get back to me but I remain optimistic.

PETRIE :grr::grr::grr: