PDA

View Full Version : Darren McGregor injury

Shanksaidno
17-08-2018, 07:39 PM
What is latest with when he will be back? Will be a huge benefit to have him back. Thins are good now as Porteous has proved that he can do a job full time rather than bit part so we could consider using Ambrose in midfield. What's the latest news?

SirDavidsNapper
17-08-2018, 07:42 PM
We missed his experience last night for sure. Porteous isn't far behind him and imo will far exceeded him but he's a massive loss right now. Especially in the big games.

Shanksaidno
17-08-2018, 07:48 PM
But when is he back?

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2018, 07:53 PM
two weeks is the default return time

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
17-08-2018, 07:53 PM
What is latest with when he will be back? Will be a huge benefit to have him back. Thins are good now as Porteous has proved that he can do a job full time rather than bit part so we could consider using Ambrose in midfield. What's the latest news?

I don't understand this 'Ambrose in midfield' chat, it's strange.

Personally I don't see him playing in midfield, he's far too languid and casual. Plus, as has been proven by umpteen attacking full backs who didn't do so well in midfield slots, that getting the ball facing the game and with time and space to run into, is an entirely different thing than constantly receiving the ball with your back to goal and a defender up your backside.

I'd be surprised if Ambrose was put in midfield in anything other than a complete emergency, and if be even more surprised if he was a good midfield player.

ancient hibee
17-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Spot on.

Hibeewilly
18-08-2018, 10:32 AM
I don't understand this 'Ambrose in midfield' chat, it's strange.

Personally I don't see him playing in midfield, he's far too languid and casual. Plus, as has been proven by umpteen attacking full backs who didn't do so well in midfield slots, that getting the ball facing the game and with time and space to run into, is an entirely different thing than constantly receiving the ball with your back to goal and a defender up your backside.

I'd be surprised if Ambrose was put in midfield in anything other than a complete emergency, and if be even more surprised if he was a good midfield player.
Sol Bamba made a very good job of it and I would like to see Efe tried there. He's strong and can take men on and drive us forward. Its worth a try

Borderhibbie76
18-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Sol Bamba made a very good job of it and I would like to see Efe tried there. He's strong and can take men on and drive us forward. Its worth a tryIt's.net nonsense this Ambrose in midfield chat...are we trying to shoehorn him in somewhere because he simply can't defend??

He was woeful on Thurs night at fault for 2 of the goals imo and he needs dropped. Problem is a lack of bodies with Darren being out and Lennon persisting with 3 at the back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
18-08-2018, 11:32 AM
It's.net nonsense this Ambrose in midfield chat...are we trying to shoehorn him in somewhere because he simply can't defend??

He was woeful on Thurs night at fault for 2 of the goals imo and he needs dropped. Problem is a lack of bodies with Darren being out and Lennon persisting with 3 at the back.

Hanlon was way more at fault than Ambrose for the first two goals. Yes, Efe misjudged the looping ball in, but look how easily Haaland slipped away from Hanlon to get free to nod home a fairly innocuous ball across goal. Then goal two he switches off the engine when tracking HIS MAN back, leaving the responsibility to Hyndman and Mallan to stop the guy, which they fail to do. Efe is then beaten by a superb ball into the box and the sneaky run in behind by Haaland. I don't blame Efe for that. It was really good football that beat him. Even their third goal, watch Hanlon. Just does not react at all to the ricochet. Poor from Hanlon sorry to say, and way more to blame than Efe. Normally, Efe gives me the jitters and I have confidence in Hanlon, but it did not turn out that way v Molde.

Greenbeard
18-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Hanlon was way more at fault than Ambrose for the first two goals. Yes, Efe misjudged the looping ball in, but look how easily Haaland slipped away from Hanlon to get free to nod home a fairly innocuous ball across goal. Then goal two he switches off the engine when tracking HIS MAN back, leaving the responsibility to Hyndman and Mallan to stop the guy, which they fail to do. Efe is then beaten by a superb ball into the box and the sneaky run in behind by Haaland. I don't blame Efe for that. It was really good football that beat him. Even their third goal, watch Hanlon. Just does not react at all to the ricochet. Poor from Hanlon sorry to say, and way more to blame than Efe. Normally, Efe gives me the jitters and I have confidence in Hanlon, but it did not turn out that way v Molde.
PS if Efe was played midfield my jitters would turn to skitters.

ahibby
18-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Simetimes the opositiin cause players to appear ti switch off. I believe we were second best in that match and maybe deep down we all knew that going into it, players n all.

Borderhibbie76
18-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Hanlon was way more at fault than Ambrose for the first two goals. Yes, Efe misjudged the looping ball in, but look how easily Haaland slipped away from Hanlon to get free to nod home a fairly innocuous ball across goal. Then goal two he switches off the engine when tracking HIS MAN back, leaving the responsibility to Hyndman and Mallan to stop the guy, which they fail to do. Efe is then beaten by a superb ball into the box and the sneaky run in behind by Haaland. I don't blame Efe for that. It was really good football that beat him. Even their third goal, watch Hanlon. Just does not react at all to the ricochet. Poor from Hanlon sorry to say, and way more to blame than Efe. Normally, Efe gives me the jitters and I have confidence in Hanlon, but it did not turn out that way v Molde.Good point and Hanlon wasn't great the other night neither...I just think Efe is far too easily beaten in the air for a centre half