PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone in Molde!

Bamba
17-08-2018, 06:12 PM
I know there’s a separate thread for this but it’s turned into a bit of a rabble - just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great time in Molde (maybe you bumped into me, I’m the guy who lives in Finland and was showing off by speaking Norwegian to the locals).

I’ve lived out of Scotland for many years now and I don’t really know anyone who goes to games any more, therefore when I travel for away European games (as I also did with Faroes and Copenhagen) I tend to do so alone.
Didnae feel like a Norman Naepals for long though because of the cracking community spirit running through the veins of this club. I felt right at home almost immediately and it made me really grateful and humbled to support this great club.

So cheers to everyone, hope you all got back safe and gies a shout if you’re ever in Helsinki!

Hibbyradge
17-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Skol!

:thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-08-2018, 07:58 PM
I know there’s a separate thread for this but it’s turned into a bit of a rabble - just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great time in Molde (maybe you bumped into me, I’m the guy who lives in Finland and was showing off by speaking Norwegian to the locals).

I’ve lived out of Scotland for many years now and I don’t really know anyone who goes to games any more, therefore when I travel for away European games (as I also did with Faroes and Copenhagen) I tend to do so alone.
Didnae feel like a Norman Naepals for long though because of the cracking community spirit running through the veins of this club. I felt right at home almost immediately and it made me really grateful and humbled to support this great club.

So cheers to everyone, hope you all got back safe and gies a shout if you’re ever in Helsinki!

Dinnae, you'll make me greet! :greengrin

We had a great time, locals and Molde fans were sound.

Sergey
17-08-2018, 08:19 PM

Top Banana.

Sorry we didn't meet.

Bamba
17-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Top Banana.

Sorry we didn't meet.

There’s always next year!

Bamba
17-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Dinnae, you'll make me greet! :greengrin

We had a great time, locals and Molde fans were sound.

Aye, they were so welcoming. Beautiful wee place too - I won’t forget it in a hurry.

The Pointer
17-08-2018, 10:03 PM

Did my son and I share a taxi with you and your wife/girlfriend/bidey-in from the wee bar in the housing estate out to the Brondby stadium? I remember the lad (you?) saying he lived in Helsinki.

Bishop Hibee
17-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Brilliant post. It’s what being a Hibs fan should be all about.

Bamba
17-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Did my son and I share a taxi with you and your wife/girlfriend/bidey-in from the wee bar in the housing estate out to the Brondby stadium? I remember the lad (you?) saying he lived in Helsinki.

Aye that’s right! I was with my wife that time, we’d only married 2 weeks before. Probably not the honeymoon she dreamt of...

GreenLake
17-08-2018, 11:23 PM

I know a Scottish guy who played in Norway and Finland.

norhfc
18-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Me and my son landed in Molde from Bergen about 2.30 on day of the game. No buses or taxis outside airport. Up comes a Molde fan and asks us if we wanted a lift into town, his Mum came and picked us up and droppped us outside our hotel. Also met a good few of them in the Sportspuben after the game, a pleasure to visit Molde, lovely wee town with great people.

tamig
18-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Me and my son landed in Molde from Bergen about 2.30 on day of the game. No buses or taxis outside airport. Up comes a Molde fan and asks us if we wanted a lift into town, his Mum came and picked us up and droppped us outside our hotel. Also met a good few of them in the Sportspuben after the game, a pleasure to visit Molde, lovely wee town with great people.

Great story. Did you get dropped off outside the sports pub? We saw some hibbies getting out of a car with molde fans.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Great place, locals made us feel welcome.

Special thanks to girl in office, who gave us prints for nothing,

Helluva expensive place though.....

Higgy115
18-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Good to meet you, both in the pub and on the bus back to the airport yesterday after you bumped your taxi!!!! Our quiet night in Oslo last night turned into 4.00am this morning, very rough now.

norhfc
18-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Great story. Did you get dropped off outside the sports pub? We saw some hibbies getting out of a car with molde fans.
Dropped us off at The Thon Moldefjord Hotel, just across the road from the Sportspuben :) could have been us.

green day
18-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Great place, locals made us feel welcome.

Helluva expensive place though.....

First read that as "pints" for nothing

I was prepared to be outraged then remembered when we chatted briefly that you dont drink :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
18-08-2018, 12:40 PM
A great trip one of the best, met a lot of people, and the locals could hardly have been more friendly & welcoming. You are never going to get a few hundred people going away, and mainly drinking themselves into oblivion over a couple of days, without a few making minor ***** of ourselves (most of us have done it). But apart from the ridiculous lengthy arguments between Hibs fans in the upper tier over how "crap" or not Kamberi was, (which as far I'm aware never came to blows), the atmosphere was great.

Gorebridge Hibb
18-08-2018, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;5520152]Great place, locals made us feel welcome.

Helluva expensive place though.....[/QUOTE

Totally agree...:flag:

The Pointer
18-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Aye that’s right! I was with my wife that time, we’d only married 2 weeks before. Probably not the honeymoon she dreamt of...

Sorry, off-thread but; is the 'Jambo' bar still in Helsinki? Always avoided the place for obvious reasons but been to the city 3? times on Scotland trips and always enjoyed the place.

staunchhibby
18-08-2018, 02:55 PM
A lot of hot air was spouted on the upper but it got calmed down.It lasted about 10mins with a lot of profanities spouted but all ended well

Bamba
18-08-2018, 04:01 PM
Sorry, off-thread but; is the 'Jambo' bar still in Helsinki? Always avoided the place for obvious reasons but been to the city 3? times on Scotland trips and always enjoyed the place.

It’s actually in a place called Kerava about 25km out of the city. I don’t know how or why it exists cause the guy who runs it is Finnish. It just so happened I was working in Kerava today but I’ll give it a wide berth!

Nakedmanoncrack
18-08-2018, 04:02 PM
A lot of hot air was spouted on the upper but it got calmed down.It lasted about 10mins with a lot of profanities spouted but all ended well

Good to hear, we moved along, thought there was a good chance someone would lose the head and throw a punch if they left together.

Bamba
18-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Good to meet you, both in the pub and on the bus back to the airport yesterday after you bumped your taxi!!!! Our quiet night in Oslo last night turned into 4.00am this morning, very rough now.

Rough on the wallet too I’ll bet!

I’ll think you’ll find that taxi bumped me first! Good to meet you and here’s hoping it won’t be too long til the next big away day