PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian songs

theonlywayisup
17-08-2018, 06:43 AM
On the Singing Section threads earlier this week, I posted a comment that was ignored completely. So, I thought it was worthy of some discussion :greengrin

Before doing so, please don't take this as any form of criticism. It's maybe one reason why people in the East are saying that they can't hear the Singing Section in the FFU. There will be other reasons that have been aired in other threads.

The Kamberi song, is brilliant. However, IMO, it does not have the basic football fan chant that is loud and get's everyone singing. You could say the same about Boyle's "Starman", McGregor's "Never gives the ball away", Efe's song and others. When the fans of the bigots sing "Hello, Hello" the basic chant/noise is much more intense than the Kamberi song. The words "Hello" are shouted rather than sung. You could say the same about "Walk on" sung by the Liverpool.

The "We are Hibernian FC" is a much more powerfully sung song. As is "We've got McGinn" and "Allez.......", whilst I would state that "Hibs, Hibs........" is more neutral to begin with until the whole stadium gets involved. So back to my point, the Singing Section might be jumping about singing "Kamberi, Kamberi etc", but no-one in the East can hear it because it doesn't have that powerful lyrics.

All the above IMO :cb so please disagree if you think so.

I think this is not an issue at away games as everybody is closer together in the away stand, so a song started in one part of the stand gravitates to the rest of the stand.

Please, please don't take this as "another criticism of the Singing Section" - I think you guys are brilliant and being in the FFL stand, I can hear all of the songs that you sing. It's just that some are not as powerful as others.

Discuss?

theonlywayisup
17-08-2018, 11:35 AM
On the Singing Section threads earlier this week, I posted a comment that was ignored completely. So, I thought it was worthy of some discussion :greengrin

Before doing so, please don't take this as any form of criticism. It's maybe one reason why people in the East are saying that they can't hear the Singing Section in the FFU. There will be other reasons that have been aired in other threads.

The Kamberi song, is brilliant. However, IMO, it does not have the basic football fan chant that is loud and get's everyone singing. You could say the same about Boyle's "Starman", McGregor's "Never gives the ball away", Efe's song and others. When the fans of the bigots sing "Hello, Hello" the basic chant/noise is much more intense than the Kamberi song. The words "Hello" are shouted rather than sung. You could say the same about "Walk on" sung by the Liverpool.

The "We are Hibernian FC" is a much more powerfully sung song. As is "We've got McGinn" and "Allez.......", whilst I would state that "Hibs, Hibs........" is more neutral to begin with until the whole stadium gets involved. So back to my point, the Singing Section might be jumping about singing "Kamberi, Kamberi etc", but no-one in the East can hear it because it doesn't have that powerful lyrics.

All the above IMO :cb so please disagree if you think so.

I think this is not an issue at away games as everybody is closer together in the away stand, so a song started in one part of the stand gravitates to the rest of the stand.

Please, please don't take this as "another criticism of the Singing Section" - I think you guys are brilliant and being in the FFL stand, I can hear all of the songs that you sing. It's just that some are not as powerful as others.

Discuss?

No response again - okay, I'll be controversial - the songs the Singing Section sing are cr@p and we need more louder songs :greengrin

:rockin:

Discuss?

Red Cabbage
17-08-2018, 11:51 AM
No response again - okay, I'll be controversial - the songs the Singing Section sing are cr@p and we need more louder songs :greengrin

:rockin:

Discuss?

Probably no response cos most folk of sane mind can see that the majority of songs the singing section have started are great and have had a massively positive impact on the atmosphere at home and away games. Nothing stopping you coming up with new "louder" ones though 😆

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Mibbie less to do with the songs more to do with the acoustics?

Get QMU students to do a study of where to put the egg boxes. And pop them up with sticky-back-plastic. Jobs a good un

Moulin Yarns
17-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Mibbie less to do with the songs more to do with the acoustics?

Get QMU students to do a study of where to put the egg boxes. And pop them up with sticky-back-plastic. Jobs a good un

Do the egg boxes not dampen the sound?

Acoustic is not my speciality.