PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown

Jackh
16-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Why is is after every defeat. All the Jammy Wearers go into total meltdown. Outclassed by a superior team tonight no need for bed wetting.

Jackh
16-08-2018, 08:29 PM
“Launch the Yam Fud” imminent

SRHibs
16-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Ltyf

bingo70
16-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Why is is after every defeat. All the Jammy Wearers go into total meltdown. Outclassed by a superior team tonight no need for bed wetting.

I don’t think we were outclassed, I just think we didn’t take our chances and they did. They also benefited from keeping their best player and we lost ours.

Agree with your overall point though, it’s the blame culture that I find frustrating, everything has to be someone’s fault, whilst technically that may be true, I just don’t see the need to go looking for people to blame.

Everyone gave their all tonight, it just wasn’t to be on this occasion. Hopefully we learn, continue improving and earn the right to have another go next year.

murray26
16-08-2018, 08:33 PM

You must have watched a different game to me..architect of our own downfall more like.. we are close to having a very competitive team this season.. onwards and upwards..

Pretty Boy
16-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Is there a meltdown?

There were a few OTT comments on the match thread but I’ve read some interesting points across a fair few threads with some good debate from different sides. There’s an inevitable reaction to a defeat especially one that comes after a big build up and a level of excitement.

rcarter1
16-08-2018, 08:37 PM

For sure its strange isnt it? Its like every time Hibs beat Hearts, half of Edinburgh go into some kind of deep Ego crisis. Given how often this happens, Im not sure why there is a continued sense of surprise at these defeats?

Bostonhibby
16-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Not really seeing it myself, now if we'd been embarrassed by some part time team from Malta in the first round before we'd even started a wee European adventure then I might have been starting to think about melting but nae need tonight......

Ozyhibby
16-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Where is the bed wetting happening? Haven’t seen any?
Mostly just appears to be lots of posters discussing what we need to do over the next two weeks to fix our understandably weakened midfield.
2 losses in our last 22 games. There is no bed wetting going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
16-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Is there a meltdown?

There were a few OTT comments on the match thread but I’ve read some interesting points across a fair few threads with some good debate from different sides. There’s an inevitable reaction to a defeat especially one that comes after a big build up and a level of excitement.

No meltdown, just understandable disappointment. Any OTT utterances appear to come from questionable sources. Meltdown is a term I only associate with Kickback (regularly) and FollowFollow.

G B Young
16-08-2018, 08:44 PM

No meltdown. Just you trying to start one as far as I can see.

green day
16-08-2018, 08:45 PM
2 losses in our last 22 games. There is no bed wetting going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, currently in pub in Molde and this is what we are all saying...... well that and a few songs about Mercer 😁

IGRIGI
16-08-2018, 08:48 PM
There is understandable frustration as we're unlikely to get a draw like that again or a bigger chance to make the group stages.

Even more frustrating is Molde didn't have to be anything spectacular, we beat ourselves by not taking our chances plus some comedy defending that wasn't helped by lady luck doing a Craig Thompson vs Hibs.

OTT comments will be down to thinking about "What if" and nothing much else.

One Day Soon
16-08-2018, 08:51 PM
“Launch the Yam Fud” imminent

'this' not 'the'.

DetroitHibs
16-08-2018, 08:51 PM
No meltdown here. We are 2-3 players away from challenging for second place IMO. I'll be in meltdown mode if money isn't invested though.

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2018, 08:52 PM

We were never outclassed

OxoHibby
16-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Yep, currently in pub in Molde and this is what we are all saying...... well that and a few songs about Mercer 😁

You bad bad people 😀

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Is there a meltdown?

No meltdown that I've seen, as the vast majority know there isn't cause for a meltdown. I've seen a number of meltdowns on .net in my time, under Fenlon, Butcher and Stubbs (I've lost the plot on a couple of occasions myself) but that was following defeats which were far worse than tonight: namely Malmo and Alloa in my case. No need for any such reaction in this tie, given we were competitive and that, in addition, we are badly short in midfield. The better team won; we didn't play well. C'est la vie.

Exuberance1875
16-08-2018, 09:05 PM
did anyone find out if the food in the ground was any good? would be interesting to compare it to ER

broondog
16-08-2018, 09:42 PM
how on any level is there a meltdown??? nobody is happy that we went out but plenty to be positive about. Celtic are crumbling and we are 2-3 players off challenging for the title I'd say. Even with the current squad we will have a very good season with a chance of second. Molde are a very good side who we could have beat had things gone our way over the two legs.

What really pisses me off is how unlucky we are with draws in Europe - are we ever going to get somewhere that is worth going to and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get to.

SideBurns
16-08-2018, 09:45 PM
how on any level is there a meltdown??? nobody is happy that we went out but plenty to be positive about. Celtic are crumbling and we are 2-3 players off challenging for the title I'd say. Even with the current squad we will have a very good season with a chance of second. Molde are a very good side who we could have beat had things gone our way over the two legs.

What really pisses me off is how unlucky we are with draws in Europe - are we ever going to get somewhere that is worth going to and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get to.

There is a thread called Meltdown in the hope of creating a meltdown. A self fulfilling prophecy, if it comes off.

FilipinoHibs
16-08-2018, 09:50 PM
There is a thread called Meltdown in the hope of creating a meltdown. A self fulfilling prophecy, if it comes off.

2-0 down and we hit the post. Hardly a meltdown. Good run, experience and probably a million in extra revenue. Plus sharpened us for domestic league.

O'Rourke3
16-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Have we shut the mb off to visitors? That's a Jambo move a bit like not paying your way or being able to complete infrastructure projects to time and budget.

tonyrougier123
16-08-2018, 09:57 PM

I think your right and your sorty wrong tae.I think it goes without saying the sqaud is in transition at the moment. weve lost key players and virtually a whole midfield,2-of which were scotland internationals.that being said that team we put out done ok, not great though and the link up play was evidently missing,and recently weve had that in abundance.molde were a very beatable team imo,and I personaly couldnae call them superior,just better on the night.

SideBurns
16-08-2018, 09:58 PM
2-0 down and we hit the post. Hardly a meltdown. Good run, experience and probably a million in extra revenue. Plus sharpened us for domestic league.

Aye, exceeded expectations. Maybe not tonight, but overall - and if we'd got the win we would have merited in the first leg we'd have had something to hold on to. All ifs and buts, and that's just fitba

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2018, 10:13 PM

I was at the first leg and they looked anything but a 'superior team' .. in fact they didn't make our keeper make one save ….. by all accounts tonight they finished their chances well and had a lucky break for one of the goals too … Hibs made chances but through some poor finishing didn't take any of them. How that equates to being "outclassed by a superior team" is beyond me.

Apart from the usual long time member few times poster types who just love to chuck in their tuppence worth after every result like this I don't see any sign of the 'meltdown' you are talking about.

Pretty Boy
16-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Have we shut the mb off to visitors? That's a Jambo move a bit like not paying your way or being able to complete infrastructure projects to time and budget.

Guests were shut out for a couple of hours because the board was slow due to volume of traffic during and immediately after the game.

It's back open to all now.

hibbymac
16-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Classic grenade launching, lob one in, wait for carnage, get impatient, reply to own post, sit back eagerly waiting, with box of kleenex in hand.

matty_f
16-08-2018, 10:21 PM
I don’t think we were outclassed, I just think we didn’t take our chances and they did. They also benefited from keeping their best player and we lost ours.

Agree with your overall point though, it’s the blame culture that I find frustrating, everything has to be someone’s fault, whilst technically that may be true, I just don’t see the need to go looking for people to blame.

Everyone gave their all tonight, it just wasn’t to be on this occasion. Hopefully we learn, continue improving and earn the right to have another go next year.

Twitter/social media generation where folk feel they have to be paired with their viewpoint. It's either amazing or it's the worst thing ever. There's no middle ground with some folk.

A bad result means that all positives or context just be discounted for some people, they have made up their mind that it was bad and they're sticking to it. Similarly when things are good, there's no room for negativity because, well, they've made up their minds and that's that.

You're spot on with the blame thing as well, folk forget that football is a sport - there are no guaranteed outcomes and sometimes you don't get the result you wanted. Doesn't mean that there has to be a scapegoat or someone to blame.

JeMeSouviens
16-08-2018, 10:24 PM
I didn’t think we were outclassed by Molde at all. We had the better of the first game and were well in the game tonight, gave away 2 soft goals, should’ve equalised. Maclaren is rusty, Flo’s not fit and Boyle had a mare.

Frustrating as **** way to go out but we made it through 2 rounds. It’s a world away from the capitulations to Maribor and Malmo.

Lemonade
16-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Fitba folk Ken whit gon oan.

Good wee run. Preparation for next year.
Mon the Hibees

Hermit Crab
16-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Why is is after every defeat. All the Jammy Wearers go into total meltdown. Outclassed by a superiorteam tonight no need for bed wetting.

Because we didn't play well ?

jacomo
16-08-2018, 11:20 PM
Evidence of meltdown lacking. Good to see.

Disappointing result tonight and not a great performance from what I saw, but this European campaign has seen progress for our club.

We are going in the right direction but there will be bumps in the road. Our new signings have big boots to fill so let’s give them some support.

Kato
16-08-2018, 11:59 PM
There is understandable frustration as we're unlikely to get a draw like that again or a bigger chance to make the group stages.

You think could have been in with a chance against Zenit?

Nakedmanoncrack
17-08-2018, 12:06 AM

:no way:

Liberal Hibby
17-08-2018, 12:14 AM
Of course. But it would require all of the McGinn money and a bit...

Jackh
17-08-2018, 06:43 AM
did anyone find out if the food in the ground was any good? would be interesting to compare it to ER

Hi, please leave comments like this for the match thread or the original food in the ground thread. Not really needed here.

emerald green
17-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Were you at the game in order to judge that Hibs were "outclassed"?

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Hi, please leave comments like this for the match thread or the original food in the ground thread. Not really needed here.

I think they are trying to demonstrate that there is no "meltdown". :cb