PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Molde v Hibs

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

where'stheslope
16-08-2018, 07:11 PM
To much gut reaction on here!
We did ourselves proud over the three rounds, and for 5 games everyone was upbeat, then we get a defeat and the thread is full of doom and gloom?
Now we concentrate on getting back into Europe next season starting a week on Saturday!
Onwards and upwards for the cabbage!!!!!:flag::flag::flag:

Lago
16-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Just as a matter of interest McGeouch missing from Sunderland team again tonight.

oneone73
16-08-2018, 07:12 PM
This thread is absolutely swimming in not so undercover Yams …… That you can put up with coz we do it to them when the **** hits their fan, so knock yersels oot ya Gorgie tramps.

What is far far more bloody annoying are the handful of so called Hibs fans who hardly ever show themselves on here unless its to come on and bitch about the team, individual players, the manager and the club itself after a defeat like this.

Ooh, why did we sell McGinn?, why haven't we signed Malumba yet? Why haven't we spent all of the McGinn money? How is it a midfield who have barely played a game together found it tough against a team who are half way through their season in a decent league and humped the league leaders 5 - 1 at the weekend?

Can you all **** off now and leave the forum to actual Hibs fans :aok:

Like.

Speedway
16-08-2018, 07:12 PM
I don't think the performance in the second half was acceptable. I don't think every player was giving 100% either but that could be down to knocks. I don't get people were saying we played well when we evidently didn't. I think their is a bit of shame in getting pumped 3-0 in Europe regardless of who you are playing.

Would there be shame in a 3-0 loss to a Bayern or a PSG?

Bobby's Cinema
16-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Unlucky over the tie. Never seen a team so happy to keep meaningless possession as Molde, got the break of the ball and took their chances. For such an attaking line up, on both legs we seemed to resort to going too direct and Kamberi in both legs and Jmac and Boyle tonight had a serious lack of service. Have to get your best players on the ball in to feet. Happy that NL went so attacking in his line up to have a go, just never happened for us. Over the first game and a half we just had to score

FitbaFolkKen
This thread is absolutely swimming in not so undercover Yams …… That you can put up with coz we do it to them when the **** hits their fan, so knock yersels oot ya Gorgie tramps.

What is far far more bloody annoying are the handful of so called Hibs fans who hardly ever show themselves on here unless its to come on and bitch about the team, individual players, the manager and the club itself after a defeat like this.

Ooh, why did we sell McGinn?, why haven't we signed Malumba yet? Why haven't we spent all of the McGinn money? How is it a midfield who have barely played a game together found it tough against a team who are half way through their season in a decent league and humped the league leaders 5 - 1 at the weekend?

100% this, just need to dust ourselves down and have another crack at it next year.

SquashedFrogg
We did ourselves proud over the three rounds, and for 5 games everyone was upbeat, then we get a defeat and the thread is full of doom and gloom?
Now we concentrate on getting back into Europe next season starting a week on Saturday!

This!

SirDavidsNapper
Molde would be comfortabley 2nd in the Premiership. Thats the level we were up against. Not fantastic but a very strong side nonetheless.

Kato
16-08-2018, 07:14 PM
No I just spit on their pies.

Ah, the kind of guy that shares everything, gotcha. :thumbsup:

hhibs

Do not think so ,just pissed off Hibees.

we are hibs
Would there be shame in a 3-0 loss to a Bayern or a PSG?

Was there shame when Celtic lost 7 to Barca? Of course there was. Do you think the players aren't feeling shame about the fact they have lost 3-0? If they aren't then it doesn't mean enough. Players should hate every single defeat and every single goal they concede. That's how winners are made.

Deejk107

I agree but that's quite a general statement, I rarely post on here but have been negative about one player in this thread a couple of times, I'm an actual Hibs fan, don't think it helps to start arguments with your fellow fans imo. People are negative because they want to see us do well and we looked so much poorer than them in the 2nd half.

JohnM1875
Lost 3-0 on aggregate to a better fitter team. It happens in Europe. The team has done us proud and I in no way thought we would have had three European games at Easter Road this season!

Roll on the league campaign now so we can do it again in a year.

Definitely need a box yo box work horse though (Kamara) and Allan of course. We need Allan.

Speedway
16-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Ah, the kind of guy that shares everything, gotcha. :thumbsup:

😉 Sharing is caring.

weecounty hibby
I would just like to congratulate Neil and the team, we bear a team from Greece that had qualified for he group stage twice in five years. We also ran Molde close over two legs and 0-3 really doesn't reflect how the 180 mins have been. Molde also have a decent pedigree in Europe. We need to qualify regularly and keep improving before we can genuinely say we are at that level. Thanks for 3 great European nights at ER

cabbageandribs1875
Seriously? Mulumbu's at least four levels of capability above Bartley. Former Prem player who at 31 is 'maybe' only now English Champs level. Head and shoulders above almost every (glad to hear names of others) defensive midfielder in Scotland though. Hard as f***k in the tackle, can pick a pass, drives forward and scores too.

he only scored one goal last season :confused:

One Day Soon
Oh no! We only got past the first two rounds in Europe and went out in the third, its a ****ing catastrophe.

Sometimes it's like greetin' bairns on here. Listen to Mikey Stewart on the radio saying that it was never a 3-0 game and that we made a good few gilt edged chances. Or Peter Houston - Houston FFS - saying that we had played well, unlucky to lose by that margin and the only failing was not putting their keeper under enough pressure across the two legs.

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2018, 07:16 PM
ooooooh minsk score in ET should take them through

Kato

:not worth

Tornadoes70
Radio commentary had Porteous throwing himself in front of shots and making good blocks and sounded generally really good again save for the booking. One thing I think we can all agree on is that this young man looks very likely to be a pivotal mainstay of our defence for years ahead. The experience of playing against a good European side like Molde can only enhance his progress.

Disappointed to go out but it must demonstrate to Lenny the need for recruiting a couple of quality players.

:flag:

One Day Soon
I would just like to congratulate Neil and the team, we bear a team from Greece that had qualified for he group stage twice in five years. We also ran Molde close over two legs and 0-3 really doesn't reflect how the 180 mins have been. Molde also have a decent pedigree in Europe. We need to qualify regularly and keep improving before we can genuinely say we are at that level. Thanks for 3 great European nights at ER

:top marksand a sane, balanced post. Essential homework reading for some.

The Pointer
Not a great performance by any means individually or collectively so Lennon has plenty to think about before the next league game and, hopefully, a bit of business to do as well. However, new McGinns don't grow on trees.

Also, well done all those who spent a lot of cash, not just going to Molde, but both the other games. What a support! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gifhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif
My only contribution was twenty one hours driving and three late nights! :flag:

we are hibs
16-08-2018, 07:17 PM
"We"? It's usually just the same select small group...

Funnily enough they all have private board under their usernames..

we are hibs
16-08-2018, 07:20 PM

People can post on a forum whenever they like. It's got zero to do with you has it?

And losing away to Molde a team who have made the champions league groups lately isn't...away and attention seek elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol

Smartie
16-08-2018, 07:21 PM
I'm a wee bit concerned at how we were so comprehensively beaten in a game that we at least competed in for 90 minutes.

Unfortunately we fell short all over the park - our defence capitulated under pressure (theirs stood up to everything we had but rode their luck once or twice when ours didn't), I didn't think there was that much in the midfield battle, and when we got into the final third/ created chances we wasted them whereas they clinically took theirs.

It was the opposite to the Motherwell game - a game where we far from brilliant but stood up to them and stopped them creating much whilst clinically taking our chances.

I think McLaren and Kamberi looked quite dangerous at the start of the game and when they get up to speed they'll be very dangerous again. I don't think the balance of the midfield is at all right - we have immobile defensive players, fairly tidy but unremarkable attacking players and a real lack of mobility. The defending was very disappointing, Efe in particular. I think Efe is a show pony - all tidy in possession against weak teams but when he comes up against better players his total lack of defensive ability (something that should be important for a defender) is exposed.

I thought Porteous did well and when McGregor comes back (and boy do we need him back) then it's not Porteous who should drop out.

Sadly I don't think we'll have a great season, but that was always going to be a challenge when the heart of your team is ripped out. I have no idea what Lennon can do within our budget to address it, but midfield is an area we need to improve drastically if we're to get anywhere near the level we got to last season. Individually they all sort of offer us something but together it doesn't work.

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Molde have a 9 million rated striker up front. We had a loan and £150k Kamberi. Some perspective.

fife hfc
16-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Never a three nil game. Poor defending for the goals but we missed two excellent chances through Boyle and Maclaren. Score either and the whole game changes at that point. We know we are weaker in the middle of the park compared to last year but Lennon is trying to rectify that. We started two strikers short of fitness against a team well in to their season. I won’t panic or criticise the team over one game and feel with a bit of luck over the two legs we could have went through.

Onion
16-08-2018, 07:23 PM
FFS from where we were a few years ago. Look, it's a long game. We've netted some money. We can now 100% concentrate on the league/cups and may consolidate in Europe again next year.
Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Very reasonable. Our problem is that Hibs European campaigns are 10 year events. If, like Molde, we were in the Europa every year this experience would be invaluable but this is likely the pinnacle for many of these Hibs players. Lennon has done an amazing job but qualifying each year is a new challenge.

Fife-Hibee
16-08-2018, 07:24 PM
I really don't think Molde are a better side than us. We just never peformed to the standard that we're capable of. We played quite wide and got plenty of balls into their box, but the players we have up front prefer the ball at feet to run at defenders with, not high deep crosses into the box.

I can't help thinking our style of play would have been somewhat different had this been against another Scottish side. We didn't need to deviate away from the way that we would normally play, that's the annoying thing for me.

truehibernian
Didn't expect a victory tonight, disappointed the strikers again didn't finish chances created, but all in all a great 'pre-season' and something the players will take a lot from experience-wise and want more of the same.

I think a few posters have to realise that we are an established Scottish team and a very, very inexperienced European side - there is a huge difference. The players we have and the players we have brought in will be to a high standard in the league we are in, very competitive, and indeed they have proved that. Any squad building has to be with the domestic campaign in mind, Europe is a 'prize' at the end of that and one which is increasingly difficult for Scottish sides to qualify for - the team did very well despite losing Dylan, selling John McGinn, and remaining well in the tie tonight.

On tonight's showing we need another two defensive midfielders who can circulate the ball quicker. We also need to ship out those that are not offering the side anything to make way. Dare I say we also need another striker up top with some real physical presence to occupy a centre half.

I'm not at all disheartened but the players will know themselves they missed out on a great wee chance to progress. They'll learn a lot from the whole campaign. But Molde are a good side and it's far from 'embarrassing' to go out to them, anyone who thinks that is embarrassing themselves :aok:

Deejk107
I'm a wee bit concerned at how we were so comprehensively beaten in a game that we at least competed in for 90 minutes.

Unfortunately we fell short all over the park - our defence capitulated under pressure (theirs stood up to everything we had but rode their luck once or twice when ours didn't), I didn't think there was that much in the midfield battle, and when we got into the final third/ created chances we wasted them whereas they clinically took theirs.

It was the opposite to the Motherwell game - a game where we far from brilliant but stood up to them and stopped them creating much whilst clinically taking our chances.

I think McLaren and Kamberi looked quite dangerous at the start of the game and when they get up to speed they'll be very dangerous again. I don't think the balance of the midfield is at all right - we have immobile defensive players, fairly tidy but unremarkable attacking players and a real lack of mobility. The defending was very disappointing, Efe in particular. I think Efe is a show pony - all tidy in possession against weak teams but when he comes up against better players his total lack of defensive ability (something that should be important for a defender) is exposed.

I thought Porteous did well and when McGregor comes back (and boy do we need him back) then it's not Porteous who should drop out.

Sadly I don't think we'll have a great season, but that was always going to be a challenge when the heart of your team is ripped out. I have no idea what Lennon can do within our budget to address it, but it is an area we need to improve drastically if we're to get anywhere near the level we got to last season.

We only need one player imo, be it Mulumbu or Kamara, either or will do and we'll be fine.

One Day Soon
16-08-2018, 07:25 PM
Funnily enough they all have private board under their usernames..

Do they aye?

Thecat23

Unfortunately we fell short all over the park - our defence capitulated under pressure (theirs stood up to everything we had but rode their luck once or twice when ours didn't), I didn't think there was that much in the midfield battle, and when we got into the final third/ created chances we wasted them.

Sadly I don't think we'll have a great season, but that was always going to be a challenge when the heart of your team is ripped out. I have no idea what Lennon can do within our budget to address it, but it is an area we need to improve drastically if we're to get anywhere near the level we got to last season.

You don’t think we’ll have a good season? Surely jumping the gun a bit. Still to bring in couple more players and we pumped well and unlucky not to beat St. Johnstone. Where you thinking we’ll finish? I think 4th at worst.

Hibernia&Alba

Agreed.

We didn't play well tonight, no doubt. That happens, yet it seems we were the better team first half.
I haven't seen the goals yet, but, by all accounts the defending was awful. No excuses there.
Poor finishing. Had we gotten the away goal via one of those chances, we might have made a game of it.
However, Molde are a decent team and deserved their victory, though 3-0 flattered them.
We really need to improve the midfield, after losing three very good players.

It was a good test which demonstrated how far we've come under Lennon and where we need to improve. Making the group stages within the next couple of years shouldn't be an unachievable target for a club our size. Smaller clubs than Hibs qualify every year.

mjhibby
Ready for abuse but Kamberi hasn't tried a leg. Mibbe unhappy? At Perth, all Hibs subs gave fans a clap warming up but he never even looked at us despite being cheered

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Wow. Can't believe the nonsense on this thread. Beaten by a team who knocked out celtic a few years ago. Flo has been struggling with a knock and was always going to do his best. Did we really expect to beat them or are we not a wee bit ahead of ourselves. The club has made a good deal of money out of three ties and we gained a lot of experience. I think all Scottish clubs struggle with the Thursday sunday Thursday games and by all accounts we looked leggy. Allied to flo struggling with a knock, mclaren not quite there after very little preseason and the mcginn saga getting to round three is not a bad effort. At least we never lost to the third place Maltese team etc etc. I'll be glad the team can get back to normal training after the Ross County game. We just don't have the squad at the moment to cope with this run of games plus Minsk I doubt we could have beaten. Onwards and upwards.

ValleyHibee
16-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Gonna be a tricky tie on Sunday as they had good win at east end and we will be down after tonight

Smartie
You don’t think we’ll have a good season? Surely jumping the gun a bit. Still to bring in couple more players and we pumped well and unlucky not to beat St. Johnstone. Where you thinking we’ll finish? I think 4th at worst.

I don't think we'll have a great season. 4th at best, probably no worse than 6th. It's ok, our team is ok (much better than some of the keech in the league) but we're nowhere near as good as the best 3, jury's out on Hearts, Killie etc.

H18 SFR
Any thoughts/comments from Lennon yet?

Mr_F
16-08-2018, 07:28 PM

If we don’t get 2 good, 1st choice centre midfielders in we will struggle.

Salisbury Hibby
Very reasonable. Our problem is that Hibs European campaigns are 10 year events. If, like Molde, we were in the Europa every year this experience would be invaluable but this is likely the pinnacle for many of these Hibs players. Lennon has done an amazing job but qualifying each year is a new challenge.I expect us to be in it next year.

Blaster
Any thoughts/comments from Lennon yet?

He says ‘we are hibs’ needs to get a grip.

It was hard to disagree with his assessment

GORDONSMITH7
16-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Molde would be comfortabley 2nd in the Premiership. Thats the level we were up against. Not fantastic but a very strong side nonetheless.

With a population less than Musselburgh. Nope. Dinnae get that.

BIG G

Hibster
16-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Anyone know where I can find stats from the game? Don't think BBC have them

Smartie
16-08-2018, 07:31 PM
We only need one player imo, be it Mulumbu or Kamara, either or will do and we'll be fine.

You may well be right.

As I said - I think we're ok up front, and I wouldn't write off any of the midfielders individually - collectively what we have isn't working but a proper, energetic talisman to grab games by the scruff of the neck could bring the best out of our current players.

Some big decisions regarding the defence, formation, who we leave out and why. Gray, Boyle, Porteous, Hanlon, McGregor and Bartley all have a stronger claim for places than Efe right now in my opinion.

One Day Soon
16-08-2018, 07:32 PM
You read this thread and some of the contributions and you can't help thinking - this could be the high point of the season for Hearts fans.

Mr_F
16-08-2018, 07:33 PM
You read this thread and some of the contributions and you can't help thinking - this could be the high point of the season for Hearts fans.

Aye, imagine having a different view point and thinking Hibs have been poor, flat, lacking drive and creation in the last 3 games...

Get the hertz ****s out...

ValleyHibee
16-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Zenit 7-1

londonhibby
16-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Gonna be a tricky tie on Sunday as they had good win at east end and we will be down after tonight

:na na::thumbsup::agree:

cabbageandribs1875
Zenit 8 Minsk 1 what a game

RoxburghHibs

BIG G

But with vastly more money due to their TV deal.

ValleyHibee
16-08-2018, 07:36 PM
Zenit 7-1
8-1,lucky escape or what ?

Speedway
Zenit 8 Minsk 1 what a game

That’s embarrassing.

weecounty hibby

BIG G
Population size and attendances means absolutely nothing when you get more TV money and are propped up with a rich guys cash. Look at Bournemouth and others for the same issues down south. If someone was daft enough to pump major cash into Hibs we could easily be competitive in Europe too. Asteris,i think, and Molde both have sugar daddies to compensate for their lack of attendance

Lago
16-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Zenit 8 - 1 up in extra time, amazing game.

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2018, 07:37 PM
That’s embarrassing.

:greengrin

makaveli1875
16-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Id hate to see what Zenit would do to our defence :greengrin

They will give Molde an absolute hammering

Jim44
Glad, ‘we are not Minsk’. :greengrin

Thecat23
If we don’t get 2 good, 1st choice centre midfielders in we will struggle.

Think we’ll bring in a couple soon.

Lago
16-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Population size and attendances means absolutely nothing when you get more TV money and are propped up with a rich guys cash. Look at Bournemouth and others for the same issues down south. If someone was daft enough to pump major cash into Hibs we could easily be competitive in Europe too. Asteris,i think, and Molde both have sugar daddies to compensate for their lack of attendance
Spot on, Bournemoth one of the clubs identified as being able to make a profit solely from TV money, they could play in an empty stadium every home game. Says it all.

Hulk1875
16-08-2018, 07:41 PM

BIG G

Croatia World Cup final!!!!!! Hmmmm

ValleyHibee
:na na::thumbsup::agree:
They tore apart a pars team that had started season well,never said Hibs would lose as they won't:confused:

Thecat23
I don't think we'll have a great season. 4th at best, probably no worse than 6th. It's ok, our team is ok (much better than some of the keech in the league) but we're nowhere near as good as the best 3, jury's out on Hearts, Killie etc.

Fair dos, I think we’re 2 (quality) players away from being a very good side. Get them in and we’ll be good. Still think Hearts will finish 6th best.

Keith_M
Zenit 7-1

Sounds like a gamblers dream over the two legs.

:hmmm:

londonhibby
16-08-2018, 07:42 PM
You may well be right.

As I said - I think we're ok up front, and I wouldn't write off any of the midfielders individually - collectively what we have isn't working but a proper, energetic talisman to grab games by the scruff of the neck could bring the best out of our current players.

Some big decisions regarding the defence, formation, who we leave out and why. Gray, Boyle, Porteous, Hanlon, McGregor and Bartley all have a stronger claim for places than Efe right now in my opinion.

Two things. If we want to really push on this season, Mulumbu all the way. (Kamara's still a 'project'.) Defence, it seems is us Hibees' sacred cow. Needs a revamp, especially a fresh face at CB and fresh, hungry and especially fast RB and LBs. Ours aren't getting any younger or more talented and it really showed tonight.

Mr_F
16-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Think we’ll bring in a couple soon.

I hope so mate, 1 needs to be Allan. Hate that I’m labelled a roaster, yam etc because I think we’re lacklustre in midfield. Surely anyone with eyes can see the same after the last 3 games?! If we can get a couple of good midfielders on we will do well, if not we will struggle.

Surely that’s not too much of a radical statement?!

ValleyHibee
16-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Fair dos, I think we’re 2 (quality) players away from being a very good side. Get them in and we’ll be good. Still think Hearts will finish 6th best.
Midfielder and striker(moult) please

Silky
16-08-2018, 07:44 PM

Yeah. We should be proud. Great run. Got further than most of us would have thought at the end of last season. Some of the negativity is way OTT. There are times where I get the impression that since the Scottish cup win we are expected to be world beaters and win every game. It's almost like after any defeat there is an inquest, to the point where it comes across that folk, for want of a better phrase, canny take it!. We are a million miles away from where we were a few short years ago. Let's just enjoy the ride!

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2018, 07:45 PM
I hope so mate, 1 needs to be Allan. Hate that I’m labelled a roaster, yam etc because I think we’re lacklustre in midfield. Surely anyone with eyes can see the same after the last 3 games?! If we can get a couple of good midfielders on we will do well, if not we will struggle.

Surely that’s not too much of a radical statement?!

Yip agreed. Allan and Mulumba would cheer me up 😁🇳🇬

A Hi-Bee
16-08-2018, 07:45 PM
You may well be right.

A good team is a sum of all its parts, right now some of our parts are missing, sure that Lennon is well aware and will find/fix the missing parts, then we go again and try to go a wee bit further next year its called progression, takes a bit of time and perhaps some money.

:flag::flag::flag:

hibeerealist
16-08-2018, 07:46 PM

what?

Are You being serious?

mjhibby
16-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Lost 3-0 on aggregate to a better fitter team. It happens in Europe. The team has done us proud and I in no way thought we would have had three European games at Easter Road this season!

Roll on the league campaign now so we can do it again in a year.

Definitely need a box yo box work horse though (Kamara) and Allan of course. We need Allan.

Good point about fitness. They are half way through their season and we are always going to struggle against teams who have far more match sharpness. Don't know how we get around it as I can't see th Co efficient improving greatly in the near future but specially after celtic defeat in Athens. I think getting into the third qualifying round is not too bad at all under the circumstances.

Lago
16-08-2018, 07:48 PM
You know what kind of ticks me off about Hibs midfield, we have known since probably Feb on that both Dylan & John would be on their way & yet here we are months later still looking to get players in place, don't understand it. As to Hearts I really think they will supprise a few this season, they will run us close although I think we will be a head of them come seasons end.

A Hi-Bee
16-08-2018, 07:49 PM
what?

Are You being serious?

are you MacEnroe, Molde are a quality side no two ways about it, even so they will not get past Zenit, so we kind of dodged one there IMHO.

A Hi-Bee
16-08-2018, 07:51 PM
You know what kind of ticks me off about Hibs midfield, we have known since probably Feb on that both Dylan & John would be on their way & yet here we are months later still looking to get players in place, don't understand it. As to Hearts I really think they will supprise a few this season, they will run us close although I think we will be a head of them come seasons end.

That team from the other side really are Irrelevant so why do we keep hearing the name on a ****ing Hibs forum.
:flag::flag::flag:

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Glad, ‘we are not Minsk’. :greengrin

glad we are not Molde :eek:

hibeerealist
16-08-2018, 07:52 PM
are you MacEnroe, Molde are a quality side no two ways about it, even so they will not get past Zenit, so we kind of dogged one there IMHO.

Comfortably second in our SPL, yer having a laf. They are half way through their season that is how they managed to win this tie but anyone who thinks they would “comfortably” be second in our league really knows very little about fitba!!!

A Hi-Bee
16-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Comfortably second in our SPL, yer having a laf. They are half way through their season that is how they managed to win this tie but anyone who thinks they would “comfortably” be second in our league really knows very little about fitba!!!

Aye I happen to think they would win our league for what its worth, not 2nd.
But mibe's I dont know much about fitba.

mjhibby
16-08-2018, 07:56 PM
I don't get people judging our season on a result in Europe. I think if we get a malumbu or Allan in we will have a good season. The ugly sisters will be one and two but can't see why we won't be challenging the dons for third. They aren't as strong as they were last season. IMHO. Houston saying on sport sound that result flattered them and it was the final ball that was missing. Hardly the disaster some are portraying.

Zazu62
16-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Remember we were missing Marciano, Agyepong and Horgan tonight

Lago
are you MacEnroe, Molde are a quality side no two ways about it, even so they will not get past Zenit, so we kind of dodged one there IMHO.
Pretty defeatest attitude we surely want to play in as many rounds as possible. :confused:

stoneyburn hibs
Slivka is not good enough I’m afraid. Just cruises around the pitch with zero urgency.
Hyndman has been hiding as well.
We will struggle if that is to be our midfield this season. Time to spend some money Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm way back on the pages, but I agree apart from Hyndman as he hasn't had a chance yet.

Chorley Hibee
16-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Two things. If we want to really push on this season, Mulumbu all the way. (Kamara's still a 'project'.) Defence, it seems is us Hibees' sacred cow. Needs a revamp, especially a fresh face at CB and fresh, hungry and especially fast RB and LBs. Ours aren't getting any younger or more talented and it really showed tonight.

Agree in relation to LB and RB, although Gray has been impressive so far this season. No room for sentiment in football though, and we need to look at improving every area of the team.

No position or player (Stevenson, Gray, Hanlon etc) should be sacred.

scooby
16-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Sadly I don't think we'll have a great season, but that was always going to be a challenge when the heart of your team is ripped out. I have no idea what Lennon can do within our budget to address it, but midfield is an area we need to improve drastically if we're to get anywhere near the level we got to last season. Individually they all sort of offer us something but together it doesn't work.

Can't disagree with any of that 👍

houstonhibbee
what?

Are You being serious?

theyre better than Aberdeen and The Rangers of last season..........

Chorley Hibee

My sentiments also, we seem to be perpetually playing catch up in recruitment.

stoneyburn hibs
16-08-2018, 08:05 PM

Fair assessment, a decent midfielder is crucial to our season imo. I suppose I'm stating the obvious really 😂

Smartie
16-08-2018, 08:06 PM

I totally agree that we're 2 quality players away from being an excellent side.

You're probably more optimistic than I am that we'll get those players. To get 2 genuine, quality players is a big ask on our budget. I think they need to be proper signings, characters invested in our future as a club and not more flouncy loans passing time between other moves.

I actually thought we looked quite inexperienced tonight, which might not be a surprise. We had a lot of players who either haven't played much in their careers or played much last season and I thought that as much as anything Molde were more streetwise than us over the 2 legs.

We're not pish, we're not going to get relegated, we probably won't finish bottom six. But I do think we're lacking a bit of quality, an x-factor.

It reminds me a bit of the Sauzee/ Latapy team without Sauzee and Latapy. Gary Smith, John O'Neil looked great players with the stars beside them. They started to look pretty ordinary after they left.

Inconsequential
16-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Remember we were missing Marciano, Agyepong and Horgan tonight Also missing Darren McGregor and Bartley had to go off.

hibeerealist
16-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Aye I happen to think they would win our league for what its worth, not 2nd.
But mibe's I dont know much about fitba.

I will I’ll have some of what you are on mate, I have heard it all now you must have some really bad impression of Scottish fitba.

Molde would win the SPL Ffs ...............

Smartie
16-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Agree in relation to LB and RB, although Gray has been impressive so far this season. No room for sentiment in football though, and we need to look at improving every area of the team.

No position or player (Stevenson, Gray, Hanlon etc) should be sacred.

For me, Gray and Stevenson are getting close to being the first names on the team sheet.

They are as good defensive fullbacks as there are in the league, and neither of them are too shabby at WB either. With Boyle, Agyepong or Horgan in front of them, I think we're sorted.

The conclusion I am coming to is that our entire team is built to accommodate the wildly eccentric Efe. It doesn't suit our fullbacks, it doesn't suit Bartley.

We're not far off - an astute signing or 2 and a tactical tweak and I think we're there.

I'm not sure these things will happen though.

Smartie
16-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Also missing Darren McGregor and Bartley had to go off.

These are excellent players, physically and mentally strong and are a huge miss for us.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Well done Hibs, what a rollercoaster its been since the season started. :top marksI remember betting £10 with a poster on here who gave me 10/1 Alloa during the match when we lost, safe to say the poster welched on the bet.

Gone are the days where i know we are going to struggle against dross like that.

We are on a journey, a journey that will have the odd blip, but we are doing so from a much better place than bottom 6 or indeed the championship.

We will bring in more players, some will leave and our squad will settle down now and wont be as stretched with extra games every week.

We've lost the best midfield in Scotland, and i include the smellies in that, it will take time for us to get that back, but if we are going to trust anyone to do it it would be Lennon.

A Hi-Bee
16-08-2018, 08:19 PM
I will I’ll have some of what you are on mate, I have heard it all now you must have some really bad impression of Scottish fitba.

An the Scottish team that is allround better than them just now is...........interested in your answer.

coco22
16-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Disappointed at the result and aspects of the performance. We’ve had a good run though so no major complaints! Key midfielders moved on an obvious miss - will be a big challenge for Kamberi and McLaren to prove their quality without McG, SJM and Allan pulling strings behind them.

hibeerealist
16-08-2018, 08:21 PM
An the Scottish team that is allround better than them just now is...........interested in your answer.

You dont need need an answer from me mate, Molde would win the SPL your flying.

A Hi-Bee
16-08-2018, 08:23 PM
You dont need need an answer from me mate, Molde would win the SPL your flying.

Awe well I guess we will never know. All guesswork anyways.

hibeerealist
16-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Awe well I guess we will never know. All guesswork anyways.

opinions eh!!!

Inconsequential
16-08-2018, 08:46 PM
These are excellent players, physically and mentally strong and are a huge miss for us.Indeed Smartie. We had to into the match with young Ryan not long back from injury himself. The side is certainly missing a bit of steel at the moment and the loss of John McGinn certainly didn't help.

jgl07
16-08-2018, 09:18 PM

I wonder if there were any strange betting patterns on this match?

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Do not think so ,just pissed off Hibees.

I agree but that's quite a general statement, I rarely post on here but have been negative about one player in this thread a couple of times, I'm an actual Hibs fan, don't think it helps to start arguments with your fellow fans imo. People are negative because they want to see us do well and we looked so much poorer than them in the 2nd half.

I wasn't having a go at folk who were disappointed with tonight's result ….in general I'm not even having a go at folks post counts either, every opinion is valid irrespective of post count …. But lets face it, there's folk on this thread who joined Hibs.net years ago who you never see post, who never have a contribution to make around the general topics affecting the club and who you rarely, if ever, see after a good result, but all of a sudden they turn up as soon as we have a disappointing one. Worse than Yam infiltrators IMO because they are all stick and no carrot and contribute nothing to the positivity surrounding the club.

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2018, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=we are hibs;5518386]People can post on a forum whenever they like. It's got zero to do with you has it?

Aye folk can post what they like when they like …. I read the forum, I contribute to it, so it doesn't matter a rats ass if its got anything to do with me if they post or not. What does have to do with me is my freedom to post my reaction to their negativity …. their need to come on when things are going badly and pick the team and the club to pieces with no regard to the circumstances of the defeat in question. And especially when their longevity on this forum compared to their post counts tells me that the only time you ever see them is when they want to bitch about things going wrong and that they rarely contribute when we are going well.

If you are so keen to kick the club in the baws when it fails, try and set aside some of that keenness to praise it when it succeeds … too many folk don't and a lot of them are on here tonight …. that's my opinion of them and if you don't like it well all I can say is, I can post on a forum whenever I like, its got zero to do with you, has it?

Delboy4
16-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Rubbish result.

Just so happens my wife had an evening in the diary at the festival so I missed all the game.
Reading up on the reports and everyone’s feelings, I can’t believe the negativity about our team. I was at the game last week and to be honest, we could have won 2-0 but just didn’t have the luck.
Tonight, we maybe just ran out of luck but hey, we’ve had a good run in
Europe so I can thank the players for their effort. Now we can train and play for the league.
We don’t have a squad to play in European and domestic games so let’s get behind our team because they have done brilliant to get where they have got.

The next home game needs a full house to thank them for their effort and honesty.

GGTTH
🇳🇬

Jonnyboy
16-08-2018, 10:30 PM
Rubbish result.

Just so happens my wife had an evening in the diary at the festival so I missed all the game.
Reading up on the reports and everyone’s feelings, I can’t believe the negativity about our team. I was at the game last week and to be honest, we could have won 2-0 but just didn’t have the luck.
Europe so I can thank the players for their effort. Now we can train and play for the league.
We don’t have a squad to play in European and domestic games so let’s get behind our team because they have done brilliant to get where they have got.

The next home game needs a full house to thank them for their effort and honesty.

GGTTH
🇳🇬

:top marks

Malthibby
16-08-2018, 10:37 PM

Absolutely, been a blast while it lasted, now lets move on.

As a side note, Zenit's 8-1 let's us know where we are just now. Learning experience, next year beckons.
GG

wookie70
16-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Never saw the game but listened on the radio, at least until it went 3-0. We sounded like we are, dodgy defensively, weak and lacking a bit of craft in the middle and not that great playing against pace and power. The heart has been ripped out our team and at present we look like we are signing decent players but not necessarily constructing a good team. Imo we need a solid midfielder with a good engine and some craft. We also need another striker as we really only have Flo, Jamie and Oli and Lennon likes playing two up top. Most of all Lennon needs to have a think about the shape of the team. SDG has been excellent so far this year and has the drive we miss at times but playing 3-5-2 means we can't get Boyle in a wide position with SDG on the right.

J-C
16-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Been good to be back in European football again and able to win a couple of ties, Molde are a decent team midway through their season so are a bit ahead of us, we had our chances but over the 2 legs we were and are still rusty.

My only moan in all this is not getting players in on time to actually compete properly in these types of games, it was very handy having McGinn playing before he left but the void left in the team is very noticeable and also McGeouch's absence was obvious. Players like Horgan, Agyepong, Hyndman and the replacements for McGinn and Dylan needed to be in weeks ago to get a chance to gel. There's also problems in defence, we've been shipping goals since the end of last season and also against a very poor Faroes team, no point in being all attacking if the defence are honking, that area needs sorting asap.

B.H.F.C
17-08-2018, 01:29 AM
Just home from the game. The players let themselves down with that performance.

We were right in the game after half an hour. Desperately short in the middle of the park.

SteveHFC
17-08-2018, 03:12 AM
We really need someone else in midfield. Midfield was shocking last night.

Coco Bryce
17-08-2018, 06:25 AM

I said the same last night. There was just no drive or anybody who could make that little bit magic unfortunately.

We will never recover from loosing McGinn, Allan & McGeogh I fear.

kaimendhibs
17-08-2018, 06:30 AM
Wow. Can't believe the nonsense on this thread. Beaten by a team who knocked out celtic a few years ago. Flo has been struggling with a knock and was always going to do his best. Did we really expect to beat them or are we not a wee bit ahead of ourselves. The club has made a good deal of money out of three ties and we gained a lot of experience. I think all Scottish clubs struggle with the Thursday sunday Thursday games and by all accounts we looked leggy. Allied to flo struggling with a knock, mclaren not quite there after very little preseason and the mcginn saga getting to round three is not a bad effort. At least we never lost to the third place Maltese team etc etc. I'll be glad the team can get back to normal training after the Ross County game. We just don't have the squad at the moment to cope with this run of games plus Minsk I doubt we could have beaten. Onwards and upwards.Not arguing with anything you say but do you think Flo gave his all last night? Did he acknowledge the fans on Sunday? I will be there on Sunday supporting him as usual, I merely asked a question

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Brightside
17-08-2018, 06:32 AM
I’m still waiting for lennon to come out and thank the fans

we are hibs
17-08-2018, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=we are hibs;5518386]People can post on a forum whenever they like. It's got zero to do with you has it?

Aye folk can post what they like when they like …. I read the forum, I contribute to it, so it doesn't matter a rats ass if its got anything to do with me if they post or not. What does have to do with me is my freedom to post my reaction to their negativity …. their need to come on when things are going badly and pick the team and the club to pieces with no regard to the circumstances of the defeat in question. And especially when their longevity on this forum compared to their post counts tells me that the only time you ever see them is when they want to bitch about things going wrong and that they rarely contribute when we are going well.

If you are so keen to kick the club in the baws when it fails, try and set aside some of that keenness to praise it when it succeeds … too many folk don't and a lot of them are on here tonight …. that's my opinion of them and if you don't like it well all I can say is, I can post on a forum whenever I like, its got zero to do with you, has it?

Maybe people come on after a defeat to vent off their frustration? Would you rather they done it at a game? People can be critical if they want, people can be as blinkered as they want. It's not up to you to decide who's a "real hibs fan" and if they've to "**** off the forum" is it?

calumhibee1
17-08-2018, 07:12 AM

We need one in right away after Marvs injury. We need two in by the end of the window.

Joe6-2
17-08-2018, 08:13 AM
Just home from the game. The players let themselves down with that performance.

We were right in the game after half an hour. Desperately short in the middle of the park.

I’ve just seen the goals, the defence looked terrible for all the goals, but especially the first one, just awful.
I agree with other posters tho, it’s been good, but let’s move on and see what we can do this season

One Day Soon
17-08-2018, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5518854]

Maybe people come on after a defeat to vent off their frustration? Would you rather they done it at a game? People can be critical if they want, people can be as blinkered as they want. It's not up to you to decide who's a "real hibs fan" and if they've to "**** off the forum" is it?

By your logic he's perfectly entitled to come on here and vent his frustration with people venting their frustration. It's not up to you to decide what he can and can't express an opinion on is it?

JimBHibees
17-08-2018, 10:16 AM
I’m still waiting for lennon to come out and thank the fans

In all the interviews I have seen he always bigs up the fans.

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2018, 10:22 AM
We need one in right away after Marvs injury. We need two in by the end of the window.
Dont often agree with you Callum but spot on. Hopefully one of them Scott Allan.

Onion
17-08-2018, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5518854]

Agreed. Fan is short for fanatic. As in every walk of life, folk deal with set-backs and disappointment in different ways. Some will be philosophical, some upbeat and take the positives, others will vent and howl. Those criticising others on the way they react on a public forum need to reflect just as much as those who vent, while being wary of those of a yam persuasion who are out to cause mischief 😏

paddy1875
17-08-2018, 11:19 AM
After last night and the first few games this season I’m a bit let down by slivka.

After spending last year in and out the team and working with mcginn and Dylan I thought he would’ve known the requirements to make an impression and become a essential in the way we play.

Although the 2 that left are very hard to replace i would’ve liked to think that he could at least up the distance covered in games. Close down and upset other teams.

Maybe I’m being a bit over the top as it’s early days in the season but he was not existent for a large part of last night. Marv going off injured didint help. But even then he’s been around the squad for a season so he should’ve known what was required dropping back in there.

The whole team will be disappointed as the game was there for the taking but sadly nobody really had the guts to grab it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
17-08-2018, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=we are hibs;5519039]

By your logic he's perfectly entitled to come on here and vent his frustration with people venting their frustration. It's not up to you to decide what he can and can't express an opinion on is it?

He can do what he wants but claiming someone isn't an actual hibs fan because they aren't happy at losing 3-0 is a nonsense.

Brightside
17-08-2018, 12:30 PM
In all the interviews I have seen he always bigs up the fans.

I meant after the game last night. Thought it was very poor that he didnt come over the fans after the game.

JimBHibees
17-08-2018, 12:33 PM
I meant after the game last night. Thought it was very poor that he didnt come over the fans after the game.

Ok didnt realise that. Tend to agree though probably caught up in the emotion of it.

Hermit Crab
17-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Rubbish result.

GGTTH
🇳🇬

Against Ross County in the league cup on Sunday? Lucky if theres 6k going by the dots.

Hermit Crab
17-08-2018, 12:35 PM

We'd just been scudded 3-0. Maybe he wanted to get in and give the players a roasting.

JimBHibees
17-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Against Ross County in the league cup on Sunday? Lucky if theres 6k going by the dots.

The Aberdeen game should be an excellent crowd.

Hermit Crab
17-08-2018, 12:46 PM
The Aberdeen game should be an excellent crowd.

Should be now that its going to be the Saturday.

truehibernian
17-08-2018, 01:01 PM
We'd just been scudded 3-0. Maybe he wanted to get in and give the players a roasting.

Why on earth would he roast the players ? The game was even stevens after half an hour and we lost a sloppy goal. Second half I think the players showed a lot of desire to get back into the tie and we missed two great chances which should have been buried. It wasn't through lack of effort we lost the game, more lack of game intelligence and a couple of moments of slackness. They were clinical to be honest, can't remember them carving out many chances.

All in all this is the best 'pre-season' we could have wished for and the players will be champing at the bit to get more European football next season. They've given a really good account of themselves in the 6 games with the squad we had available. Still Horgan and Agyepong to come in, and hopefully 2 or 3 more additions.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2018, 01:53 PM

I couldn't give a toss if Neil Lennon went straight down the tunnel after every game.

There are some folk who look for the negatives in everything, the players came over and they were the folk representing him on the park last night.

FFS the slightest thing these days, and we are looking for something to have a pop at. :rolleyes:

Brightside
17-08-2018, 01:55 PM
I couldn't give a toss if Neil Lennon went straight down the tunnel after every game.

There are some folk who look for the negatives in everything, the players came over and they were the folk representing him on the park last night.

FFS the slightest thing these days, and we are looking for something to have a pop at. :rolleyes:

I liked you better when you used to complain about everything.. :greengrin

Craig_HFC
17-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Agreed. It’s mental.

Some folk aren’t happy if they aren’t moaning.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2018, 01:56 PM
I liked you better when you used to complain about everything.. :greengrin

So you want the bad times back then? :greengrin

staunchhibby
17-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Also Rod Petrie thanked us and shook our hands for travelling to support the team prior to leaving for airport last night

Dan Sarf
17-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Also Rod Petrie thanked us and shook our hands for travelling to support the team prior to leaving for airport last night

Have you checked you've still got your watch? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Also Rod Petrie thanked us and shook our hands for travelling to support the team prior to leaving for airport last nightHave you checked to see if you still have your watch? [emoji6]

Ronniekirk
17-08-2018, 02:22 PM
We've brought in horgan and the man city lad for creativity

Yep and we need to see how these players fit in ,as Boyle will only miss out through injury suspension or if needs rested .But those players won't give us that dig in midfield Niether will Scotty if we get him back
Just think tee we're lucky to see the Midfield playing well together and they were under appreciated
Lennon still saying we need players in so he realises the extent of the tast and has earned the right to get the Eurooean money reinvested As if we don't Europe next Season isn't a given
But the Aberdeen game will tell us more of where we are at domestically as players will have the full week to prepare and recover from niggles
If McGregor and Bartley both miss that one ,we are struggling for players with real presence when the going gets tough

Ronniekirk
17-08-2018, 02:28 PM

We have been playing three games a week Expensive time for some This game coming on back of European Trip just might be one that some people decide not to fork out for
Am still in two
Minds but if a decent day will pay at the gate But with Fringe on its a chance to pop through and do something different . But it will be a hard fought game of that there is no doubt so keen to see how some of the new players do

where'stheslope
17-08-2018, 04:11 PM
Yep and we need to see how these players fit in ,as Boyle will only miss out through injury suspension or if needs rested .But those players won't give us that dig in midfield Niether will Scotty if we get him back
Just think tee we're lucky to see the Midfield playing well together and they were under appreciated
Lennon still saying we need players in so he realises the extent of the tast and has earned the right to get the Eurooean money reinvested As if we don't Europe next Season isn't a given
But the Aberdeen game will tell us more of where we are at domestically as players will have the full week to prepare and recover from niggles
If McGregor and Bartley both miss that one ,we are struggling for players with real presence when the going gets tough

Totally agree that money needs to be spent, but we need to buy players not loanee's, as you build up a good team around them and then they go back to their parent club after the loan period?
We have accrued a tidy sum from SJM and I would rather see it spent on our players, not on wages of someone else's!!!

HibbyDave
17-08-2018, 04:47 PM

Was it him that handed out the boarding passes in the pub? 😀
Luckily enough I got mine at the airport from the person on thecheck-in desk.😎.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me, they are better than us, and comfortably beat Celtic home & away the last time they played Scottish opposition. Who knows if they would win the SPFL, but writing the possibility of as unthinkable is bizarre, they would certainly be challengers.

makaveli1875
18-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Doesn't seem unreasonable to me, they are better than us, and comfortably beat Celtic home & away the last time they played Scottish opposition. Who knows if they would win the SPFL, but writing the possibility of as unthinkable is bizarre, they would certainly be challengers.

This

That big bugger Haland would utterly terrorise every defence in Scotland . Celtic included - he would run riot on Hendry and Sumonivic

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2018, 10:56 AM
What a bombscare thread. Some of the comments completely over the top and out of order.....If we are "pish", then go and support Man U or someone else. Some love to stick boot into Club, happier when we lose it would seem

Fife-Hibee
18-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Some love to stick boot into Club, happier when we lose it would seem

Comments like these are getting equally as tiresome on here. Some think we're rubbish, others don't. The only truth is in the season ahead. So lets unite as a support and get behind the club.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Comments like these are getting equally as tiresome on here. Some think we're rubbish, others don't. The only truth is in the season ahead. So lets unite as a support and get behind the club.

Tiresome in your eyes maybe, but comments like we are pish do my head in......

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2018, 11:09 AM

Correct

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2018, 11:11 AM

Was never a 3-0 scudding HC, we were well in tie until 3rd goal

3pm
18-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Was never a 3-0 scudding HC, we were well in tie until 3rd goal

Yep. Jamie scores the header at 2-0 and you’re back in.

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Yep. Jamie scores the header at 2-0 and you’re back in.

Exactly.