PDA

View Full Version : Solskjær Press Conference

SRHibs
15-08-2018, 04:14 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCepsZONtM

Speaks so well that you can’t help but like him. Seems to have a lot of respect for us (and all his opponents you’d assume). Hopefully they’ll get a bit overconfident after their result at the weekend. Gonna be a tough one!

sean04
15-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Hard not to like the guy. Speaks so well and has a bit of class about him

SirDavidsNapper
15-08-2018, 04:42 PM
What an incredibly likeable man. Hope he's gutted tomorrow mind.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Very impressive guy. I really hope we go through tomorrow but if it's not to be then I would like to see Solksjaer succeed.

15-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Future Hibs manager.

andybev1
15-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Looking at their goals on youtube, at least three of them were bad goalkeeping or defending. Most were from outside the box so I think we can defend against that.

As for Solsjkaer, yes he is an interesting person to listen to.

RoYO!
15-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Very classy guy. Struggling to think of a manager worldwide that gets the sort of universal approval that he does.

makaveli1875
15-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Worth a listen for the accent alone.

iwasthere1972
15-08-2018, 06:02 PM
A manager with a sense of humour. Not many of them about today. It really is a breath of fresh air after listening to the Premier League managers at the weekend.

Fingers crossed that Neil Lennon and the lads come out top tomorrow night. A 1-1 draw or a win by one goal and I'll be ecstatic.

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2018, 06:10 PM
As a Man United fan, I love the wee man of course. A total class act, and what a striker he was. Always had a reputation as a genuinely nice and humble guy.

HibbyAndy
15-08-2018, 06:18 PM
A manager with a sense of humour. Not many of them about today. It really is a breath of fresh air after listening to the Premier League managers at the weekend.

Fingers crossed that Neil Lennon and the lads come out top tomorrow night. A 1-1 draw or a win by one goal and I'll be ecstatic.

GGTTH

:agree:

Mourinho the torn faced git could learn a few lessons from him

Smartie
15-08-2018, 06:26 PM
:agree:

Mourinho the torn faced git could learn a few lessons from him

Nice a chap as he appears to be, I'm sure Solskjaer could learn a thing or two from someone with Mourinho's medal collection.

Mcpakeisgod
15-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Haha, ‘we ran our b****** off’

HibbyAndy
15-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Nice a chap as he appears to be, I'm sure Solskjaer could learn a thing or two from someone with Mourinho's medal collection.

That's an entirely different subject my friend

Mourinho is still an ersepiece

Jim44
15-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Decent guy. Who is the Hibs forward Hinman(?) that he referred to?

Smartie
15-08-2018, 06:34 PM
That's an entirely different subject my friend

Mourinho is still an ersepiece

Yep, I can't stand him.

It's not always a job for nice guys though.

The_Horde
15-08-2018, 06:36 PM
He sounds confident. Far more so than Lenny does anyway!

The_Horde
15-08-2018, 06:36 PM

Hyndman

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2018, 06:37 PM

Understandable, as they are going into a home game at 0-0. However, the away goal is they key :agree:

HibbyAndy
15-08-2018, 06:37 PM

He's either on about Tim Henman or Hyndman

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Why the exclamation mark?

The_Horde
15-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Understandable, as they are going into a home game at 0-0. However, the away goal is they key :agree:

Yeah, I just got the feel that Lenny was making sure our expectations are low so we're not left disappointed.

The_Horde
15-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Why the exclamation mark?

I dunno!!

Why the pedantry?!

Jim44
15-08-2018, 06:40 PM
He's either on about Tim Henman or Hyndman

Right, I’d forgotten about Emerson.

HibbyAndy
15-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Right, I’d forgotten about Emerson.

Looked decent when he came on last week against this mob , Hopefully can offer us something tomorrow and we get a score draw or a win

TheGreenMan
15-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Where's Lennons press conference?? Can't seem to find it

The_Horde
15-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Where's Lennons press conference?? Can't seem to find it

Hibs tv

TheGreenMan
15-08-2018, 08:14 PM
I had a look on YouTube but couldn't see it. Normally Hibs TV have them on the you tube site.

Any links please?

nellio
15-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Future Hibs manager.

Trust me after Cardiff we don't want him!!

Nice guy but got found out tactically.

hfc rd
15-08-2018, 08:19 PM

One bad stint at a club doesn’t make him not worth a shout. Examples being Lennon at Bolton or McInnes at Bristol City. Now look at the both of them now - done excellent at Hibs/Aberdeen.

Stevie Reid
15-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I just got the feel that Lenny was making sure our expectations are low so we're not left disappointed.

Rightly so. We're in for a really tough night tomorrow.

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Rightly so. We're in for a really tough night tomorrow.

Aye it will be, as Molde are no mugs. However, we have a good chance: If we can nick that away goal, we're in business.

Stevie Reid
15-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Aye it will be, as Molde are no mugs. However, we have a good chance: If we can nick that away goal, we're in business.

Aye, away goal is crucial. Be interesting to see how we deal with being on the back foot for the majority - if we break like we're capable of then we could get some real joy. Was disappointed in that regard against Asteras, given how long we played with a man advantage.

mca
15-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Future Hibs manager.

If Lenny left then i would be happy to have someone like him.. Legend to a lot of fans..

GRA
15-08-2018, 09:54 PM
A classy likeable guy. Respectful of us and our players, loved the way he went straight to SDG at end of last game and had a long chat with him. Warm applause to us when he went off as well. He was also a quality striker in his day won it all at the top level. Compare him to a medal less welt like Levein it is night and day!

That said I hope he is spewing come tomorrow evening 🤣

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

HibeesLA
15-08-2018, 10:07 PM
I had a look on YouTube but couldn't see it. Normally Hibs TV have them on the you tube site.

Any links please?

It came up as the next video for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA9hNBjBSB8

Stevenson's here as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilfAae-DQWg

bingo70
15-08-2018, 10:12 PM

Any links please?

It’s on the hibs tv youtube page now.

Tell you what though, after watching it I feel like I’m ready to run through a brick wall for the guy. He comes across so focused and although that in itself doesn’t guarantee anything if I was a Hibs player I’d be looking at Lennon and appreciating we have a guy managing us that knows what he’s talking about.

Maybe not as warm or friendly a character as Solskjær but comes across as a very serious and inspiring leader, I certainly wouldn’t want to let him down.

Strange as it sounds I feel a lot more confident about tomorrow than I did prior to watching that press conference.

HibeEC
15-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Very classy guy. Struggling to think of a manager worldwide that gets the sort of universal approval that he does.

You could of said something similar when he was a player as well.

kaimendhibs
16-08-2018, 12:40 AM
Aye it will be, as Molde are no mugs. However, we have a good chance: If we can nick that away goal, we're in business.With more luck and a bit composure we could be going in to the match 2/3 goals up. We will make chances and we don't actually have to win the game

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Austinho
16-08-2018, 01:28 AM
Love his Mancunian twang!

overdrive
16-08-2018, 06:32 AM

Tell you what though, after watching it I feel like I’m ready to run through a brick wall for the guy. He comes across so focused and although that in itself doesn’t guarantee anything if I was a Hibs player I’d be looking at Lennon and appreciating we have a guy managing us that knows what he’s talking about.

Maybe not as warm or friendly a character as Solskjær but comes across as a very serious and inspiring leader, I certainly wouldn’t want to let him down.

Strange as it sounds I feel a lot more confident about tomorrow than I did prior to watching that press conference.

Was it just me or did he doze off during Stevenson’s press conference? :faf:

jacomo
16-08-2018, 07:24 AM

I had forgotten Solskjær managed Cardiff for a short while. That did not go well!

Mind you, our own Lenny had his troubles at Bolton, so I guess any manager can struggle in the wrong environment.

Santa Cruz
16-08-2018, 08:08 AM
If Lenny left then i would be happy to have someone like him.. Legend to a lot of fans..

Agreed. Really likeable, was the same as a player. Found this interesting wee programme about him and Molde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-KCvgrPN0

JimBHibees
16-08-2018, 08:09 AM

Couldnt agree more Solksjaer seems a decent classy guy however we have one classy guy as our manager also. Comes over very well and very knowledgeable, we are very lucky to have him as our manager. Hope we get the breaks tonight to get us through.

Sean1875
16-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Really does seem like a genuinely good bloke. Not normally one for applauding opposition players/managers but was delighted to see him being clapped off the pitch last Thursday and giving us fans a round of applause back too :agree:

And Man Utd fan or not, he also helped play a part in one of the most memorable football moments in living history so for that alone he deserves a lot of respect :aok:

nellio
16-08-2018, 01:26 PM
I had forgotten Solskjær managed Cardiff for a short while. That did not go well!

Mind you, our own Lenny had his troubles at Bolton, so I guess any manager can struggle in the wrong environment.

Fair point. I can understand that managers can have bad spells but he was awful!! Maybe has learned from experience and has imporoved.

To be fair I cant imagine working under Vincent Tan in a position he didn't really want to begin with didn't help him!

basehibby
16-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Looking at their goals on youtube, at least three of them were bad goalkeeping or defending. Most were from outside the box so I think we can defend against that.

As for Solsjkaer, yes he is an interesting person to listen to.

No worries there then lols.

Seriously - I think we have every chance of progressing and am hopeful that we've got the howlers out of the system and will keep the winning run going
:flag::flag::scarf::nlgwa:scarf::flag::flag:

stoneyburn hibs
16-08-2018, 08:33 PM
His post match interview was honest and respectful to Hibs. Thoroughly nice guy.

Smartie
16-08-2018, 08:38 PM
I thought his team looked well-drilled, and were a fair reflection of the knowledgeable, articulate and impressive man they have at the helm.

SRHibs
16-08-2018, 09:33 PM
His post match interview was honest and respectful to Hibs. Thoroughly nice guy.

Got a link? Where was it shown?

Hi Heid Yin
16-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Solskjaer is a class act.
He was class as a player and is now class as a manager.
It's hard to dislike the guy.
He is genuinely likeable and honest in his match and team assessments.
I feel that he will outgrow Norwegian football and, despite his Cardiff City sojourn, will return and make his mark as a manager back here in the UK.
In fact, I wouldn't mind him (at some distant point) managing our beloved club.