PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET APOLOGY

RSS Bot
14-08-2018, 03:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9080)

GreenCastle
14-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Interesting.

I know I had a poor experience at the ticket office last week due to the length of time to collect tickets - 40 mins then 30 minutes - staff were fine but not enough and processes wasn't well organised - so for this I welcome the apology.

Hopefully they have learnt and they improve the way tickets are managed at the ticket office for future - even match days - high volumes of people are often in queues.

I wish they would sort out the food at the stadium (prices and lack of quality / options) - crap sound system we have (in the East at least) and do something to improve recycling and rubbish collection during match days - this will improve match day experience.

Still think long term the family section should be lower west and singing section lower behind the goals.

Juniper Greens
14-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Glad they have dealt with this, does this give any points on the 2018-19 "Statement League"?

Billy Whizz
14-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Glad they’ve apologised for last weeks problems

calumhibee1
14-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Interesting.

I know I had a poor experience at the ticket office last week due to the length of time to collect tickets - 40 mins then 30 minutes - staff were fine but not enough and processes wasn't well organised - so for this I welcome the apology.

Hopefully they have learnt and they improve the way tickets are managed at the ticket office for future - even match days - high volumes of people are often in queues.

I wish they would sort out the food at the stadium (prices and lack of quality / options) - crap sound system we have (in the East at least) and do something to improve recycling and rubbish collection during match days - this will improve match day experience.

Still think long term the family section should be lower west and singing section lower behind the goals.

I’m sure none of it will be a priority such is the nature of being a club of our size but I’d like to see us make more of an effort to bring the matchday experience into the 21st century in some aspects.

Just small things like issuing digital season tickets/individual match day tickets that can go into your wallet on an iPhone like boarding passes do (and whatever the android equivalent is). Would surely cut down on queues at the ticket office as right now you have to go to pick up a ticket or print it and not many people have a printer these days (I realise you can scan it from your phone but that’s not advertised, seems to just be a sort of hack that fans have discovered.

Having contactless only pie stands etc maybe with the touch pads that they use on the London Underground to pay (cash only in this day and age is poor) to try speed up queues. They could maybe even have a vending machine that gets topped up as and when the food is cooked with a contactless payment method?

Maybe even more interactive stuff for the fans - say an app where there’s a list of approved songs that could be voted on by fans before games so that the fans are choosing the music in real time, you can send a message to appear on the scoreboard through it etc.

Problem is that all these things cost money and we don’t really have money to spare to spending on these sort of things I suppose.

Dancehibs
14-08-2018, 04:01 PM
Glad they’ve apologised for last weeks problems
It’s the least they can do. Ticket office is under resourced and under funded. Club have taken eye of the ball. Investment in ticket office hasn’t matched increase in fan base and all ticket games.

Sadly ticket office staff bear the brunt of wrath from the fans. They doing a great job under trying circumstances.

GreenCastle
14-08-2018, 04:03 PM
I’m sure none of it will be a priority such is the nature of being a club of our size but I’d like to see us make more of an effort to bring the matchday experience into the 21st century in some aspects.

Just small things like issuing digital season tickets/individual match day tickets that can go into your wallet on an iPhone like boarding passes do (and whatever the android equivalent is). Would surely cut down on queues at the ticket office as right now you have to go to pick up a ticket or print it and not many people have a printer these days (I realise you can scan it from your phone but that’s not advertised, seems to just be a sort of hack that fans have discovered.

Having contactless only pie stands etc maybe with the touch pads that they use on the London Underground to pay (cash only in this day and age is poor) to try speed up queues. They could maybe even have a vending machine that gets topped up as and when the food is cooked with a contactless payment method?

Maybe even more interactive stuff for the fans - say an app where there’s a list of approved songs that could be voted on by fans before games so that the fans are choosing the music in real time, you can send a message to appear on the scoreboard through it etc.

Problem is that all these things cost money and we don’t really have money to spare to spending on these sort of things I suppose.

Good ideas - I think the card / contactless one is fair enough.

Also agree more could be done to attract fans to the stadium earlier but for some reason we rarely do anything - or is it a Scottish culture thing ?

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Its good that the club have recognised that there was/has been major issues regarding the sales, collections and entry to the stadium involving tickets. This is basic stuff that should have been right from the start.

weecounty hibby
14-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Great, but what about the St J issues. My tickets arrive yesterday for a game played the day before. I know I wasn't alone in having issues for that game, was a total nightmare trying to communicate with the TO.A refund would be a good start

Sammy7nil
14-08-2018, 04:19 PM

I would like money spent on the team if we win and win often the match day experience will be just fine :greengrin

calumhibee1
14-08-2018, 04:20 PM
I would like money spent on the team if we win and win often the match day experience will be just fine :greengrin

I know, the drawbacks of being a Scottish club! If I win the Euromillions tonight I’ll sort it out for everyone 😀

Billy Whizz
14-08-2018, 04:27 PM
It’s the least they can do. Ticket office is under resourced and under funded. Club have taken eye of the ball. Investment in ticket office hasn’t matched increase in fan base and all ticket games.

Sadly ticket office staff bear the brunt of wrath from the fans. They doing a great job under trying circumstances.

100% agree with this. We have great ticket office staff, let down with slow and inadequate support systems, combine this with the amount of ticket games we’ve had, compressed into a short period, and Bingo, we had a big big problem last week, with massive queues!

One simple thing the club could do, is pull a few fans together, and let them see from a “Fans eye view” of how we go about getting our tickets, There are a few simple things we can do. I don’t know how many people I’ve helped on here over the last few weeks, with simple things like where they can find their reserved tickets etc online.

Also anything we can do to get as many home games purchased online, and print at home, save to access card or phone we should be doing, but fan education is key to this as well. Would be interesting to know what % is added to card/print at home v fans picking up actual paper tickets

We also need to look at the structure of when we sell tickets. As an example for the Ross County Cup game, season ticket holders were given until Monday 10am to retain their seat. The TO office was already under pressure selling tickets for other games, and this just added to the problem with fans queuing up, regardless of how well the update has been. Could easily been Wednesday or so

Just my view anyway!

tamig
14-08-2018, 04:28 PM
The shambles continues. I missed the cut-off for booking my own seat and now I can’t reserve my own seat as it’s in the FF lower. Certainly won’t let me do it online anyway. Looks like our Since1875 friends have played a blinder here. Cheers guys 👍

theonlywayisup
14-08-2018, 04:30 PM
The shambles continues. I missed the cut-off for booking my own seat and now I can’t reserve my own seat as it’s in the FF lower. Certainly won’t let me do it online anyway. Looks like our Since1875 friends have played a blinder here. Cheers guys 👍

What's the situation with the 10% ST holders who did renew before the Monday deadline? I assume there's no problem with their tickets.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 04:31 PM

Do see why you're having a dig at since 1875, they done nothing wrong at the time. They bought tickets for an area of the ground that was in the general sale. Even if they hadn't purchased tickets in the lower there is absolutely no guarantee that your seat would still be available as someone may have bought it. You missed the cut off for your own seat, nobody else so you cant blame the SS.

Diclonius
14-08-2018, 04:31 PM
the Famous Five Lower is a Family Section. To avoid doubt, we have no plans to change the use of this section of the ground. It is heavily populated with season ticket holders

..yet still appears half full on match days, which is the entire reason for this issue in the first place. This is evidently something the club refuse to acknowledge.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 04:33 PM
..yet still appears half full on match days, which is the entire reason for this issue in the first place. This is evidently something the club refuse to acknowledge.

Agree :agree:. Heavily populated my hoop.

we are hibs
14-08-2018, 04:36 PM

Hardly the singing section fault you missed the deadline is it?

Onceinawhile
14-08-2018, 04:37 PM

They have acknowledged it. They have emailed season ticket holders in the ff lower to see how to increase attendance. Unfortunately the data they get is incorrect and therefore useless.

They emailed me asking why my sons didn't go at all last season when they only missed midweek games.

Chuck Rhoades
14-08-2018, 05:03 PM

Just double checking here, you’re blaming the SS for missing the deadline to renew your ticket?

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Just double checking here, you’re blaming the SS for missing the deadline to renew your ticket?

Maybe just holds a grudge since WW2?

madjock9
14-08-2018, 05:25 PM
I remember a few years ago going to Amsterdam Arena and they had a system where you had a prepaid card to purchase food and drink in stadium.

A great idea for younger people don't have to go with cash can use card/phone to tap and pay as is becoming the norm with debit cards and travel cards.

Col_0762
14-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Great, but what about the St J issues. My tickets arrive yesterday for a game played the day before. I know I wasn't alone in having issues for that game, was a total nightmare trying to communicate with the TO.A refund would be a good start

Mines still haven’t arrived for Perth. Strange not to mention it.

Keith_M
14-08-2018, 07:02 PM
I remember a few years ago going to Amsterdam Arena and they had a system where you had a prepaid card to purchase food and drink in stadium.

A great idea for younger people don't have to go with cash can use card/phone to tap and pay as is becoming the norm with debit cards and travel cards.

I used to have one for the Allianz Arena. You just top up at machines inside the stadium.

However a much more pressing issue is the time it takes to get served. I think they need to introduce separate tills for people that want pizzas, pies and stuff and let those that just want a drink have a dedicated queue.

Twenty minutes waiting to buy two coffees and a chocolate bar last week.

tamig
14-08-2018, 07:02 PM

I’m blaming the blanket ban on booking seats in the FF lower. Going by the club statement, it was the block booking of seats in that area by the singing section that appears to have resulted in that action. The club are at fault here too, as am I. I was out the country and just got back late last night so never anticipated any issue getting my ST seat. An email to Leeann. The action taken is a bit OTT but you guys could have let the club know about your plans I’d say.

tamig
14-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Do see why you're having a dig at since 1875, they done nothing wrong at the time. They bought tickets for an area of the ground that was in the general sale. Even if they hadn't purchased tickets in the lower there is absolutely no guarantee that your seat would still be available as someone may have bought it. You missed the cut off for your own seat, nobody else so you cant blame the SS.
I’d put a lot of money on my seat still being available now if there was some way of being able to book it.

Stonewall
14-08-2018, 07:15 PM
I phoned the ticket office to ask for a replacement season ticket three weeks ago. Was told it would be sent out. Still waiting. Guess i’ll Just have to go in and pick it up.

IGRIGI
14-08-2018, 07:18 PM

Mccrae's battalion wouldn't be having any of it.

Onceinawhile
14-08-2018, 07:39 PM
I’d put a lot of money on my seat still being available now if there was some way of being able to book it.

I can't book mine or my kids seats in the ff lower and the whole bit is showing as sold out.

Can only imagine its due to the singing section tbf.

tamig
14-08-2018, 08:21 PM
I can't book mine or my kids seats in the ff lower and the whole bit is showing as sold out.

Can only imagine its due to the singing section tbf.

Its not sold out. Its just not available to buy tickets now.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2018, 11:01 PM

Exactly … There is indeed a high take up of season tickets for the FF lower, what there isn't is a high percentage of those same ST holders actually going to matches. Their continual non attendance is denting the clubs image on TV and I have no doubt is absolutely infuriating for the loyal and dedicated fans who would like to see that part of the stadium turned into a showpiece for the club and its fans. The three or four seats in front of us in row 'Q' have been empty at practically every game this season and they are premium seats one row from the back, they are shown as sold on the ST planner, so why the hell wouldn't folk use them? I'm aware there's only been one ST game so far, but they have been empty all the same.

IMO for the first time since we were relegated to the Championship the club is burying its head in the sand and refusing to recognise something that is a real issue. Nobody is saying there shouldn't be family tickets, but surely Hibs must recognise what a poor reflection on the club the large gaps in the stadium's most prominent stand is on matchdays ….. image, image, image … atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere …. Any club CEO should be repeating that mantra in their sleep … on both counts by refusing to recognise that there is an issue with the FF lower Hibs to my mind are backsliding from the high standards they promised to set for the club when we began this new chapter.

Johnny Clash
15-08-2018, 12:03 AM

How does it work in the FF lower? The club states you need to be part of a family group but your posts suggest you are just looking to buy one ticket for your seat? Is that normally possible?

15-08-2018, 12:36 AM
IMO for the first time since we were relegated to the Championship the club is burying its head in the sand and refusing to recognise something that is a real issue. Nobody is saying there shouldn't be family tickets, but surely Hibs must recognise what a poor reflection on the club the large gaps in the stadium's most prominent stand is on matchdays ….. image, image, image … atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere …. Any club CEO should be repeating that mantra in their sleep … on both counts by refusing to recognise that there is an issue with the FF lower Hibs to my mind are backsliding from the high standards they promised to set for the club when we began this new chapter.

Agree on this but don't think it is the first time issues have been ignored since relegation.
Loyalty Points - shambles. To the extent I've given up joining the bun fights for Tynecastle tickets.
Concourse Catering - gone from bad to worse. Stopped buying it now.
The bar in a Tent - only for them to backtrack and reopen the first floor of the FF Stand. Stopped buying there to.
The singing section - love their contribution (but the kids who tag on and do the pyro's just don't!). Club needs to consult with the fans and get location sorted - It's going to effect some supporters wherever it goes so at least consult as oppose to presenting it as a done deal. This was always going to happen - time to sort it was before the season tickets went on sale. If we can move 1,000's of supporters while building the stadium the logistics of sorting this can't be that hard. By ignoring it and hoping it will all go away just leads to more problems and one that a solution now looks like it would need to be next season before it can be tackled.

Think we've been fortunate to have Lennon to sort out to soft side of the team and turn us into a attractive attacking team that others respect and fear now. Undoubtedly good football does distract you from the issues elsewhere (or maybe we've all been to busy laughing at Hearts failing at building a stand).

monktonharp
15-08-2018, 12:52 AM

Problem is that all these things cost money and we don’t really have money to spare to spending on these sort of things I suppose.sounds all very interesting Calum. what the f/ck you on aboot/ easy for the like's of your age group I suppose.:confused:

tamig
15-08-2018, 06:46 AM
How does it work in the FF lower? The club states you need to be part of a family group but your posts suggest you are just looking to buy one ticket for your seat? Is that normally possible?

I go with my son who is now 17. We are classed as a family group and I couldn’t book for either of us.

calumhibee1
15-08-2018, 07:16 AM
sounds all very interesting Calum. what the f/ck you on aboot/ easy for the like's of your age group I suppose.:confused:

:greengrin

Hibs Class
15-08-2018, 08:06 AM

When your season tickets are part of a group, you can add extra matches (cup ties, European games) for only some of the group members if not everyone can make it

My_Wife_Camille
15-08-2018, 08:22 AM
You missed the cut off. It’s your own fault.

Bristolhibby
15-08-2018, 09:28 AM

Let’s go one step further and just use contactless.

J

Phil MaGlass
15-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Maybe the club should address the hundreds of empty seats during matches in the lower. Instead of saying it is heavily populated. Its not.

Onceinawhile
15-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Maybe the club should address the hundreds of empty seats during matches in the lower. Instead of saying it is heavily populated. Its not.

The club is addressing it and has written / emailed to people who have season tickets in the FF lower about increasing usage of season tickets. Unfortunately the data they are receiving from turnstyle scanners is incorrect, so there isn't much they can do.

Just because people constantly say "the club are doing nothing" doesn't mean that they aren't doing anything.

Beefster
15-08-2018, 11:23 AM

It is. Under normal circumstances, the seat would probably still be available for sale though. Saying that, I think the SS have committed bigger crimes.

j'adore hibs
15-08-2018, 11:50 AM
I take my two kids to the FF lower, have done since the club organised the family section taking advantage of what were £0 tickets to now £25 for the kids, well one of them ,the other is classed as a youth now and costs £65 or £85 cant remember.

I too am frustrated at the empty seats within the section and agree this needs to be addressed, would be interested to hear from fans who have bought these tickets as to why they are not used regularly?

Did adults purchase thinking they could get a season for £25 and now with more controls in place just don't go? We wont hear from you but are people aware of folk who did this?

Do the match day/time changes affect taking the kids? I know night games can be tricky for the younger kids, for me its Sunday games as both my kids play football on a Sunday . This Sunday only one child will be in attendance with me (and yes I will be feeling guilty missing my sons match!)

Do you just pick and choose what games you take the kids too?

I think the club really need to be looking at card usage and where kids tickets aren't being used 75% say refuse resale for future season.

As for moving the SS, I have great seats at the back behind the goal, why should I move to a lesser viewpoint in some other stand to accommodate them? ive been sitting here for years and like my seat. If the SS were to be there on Sunday and we'd have to stand the whole game well that would have been a pain in the ar$e too.

I agree the SS need a better vantage point but it should be the EAST near the dunbar end to noise up the opposing fans , cue EAST fans opposing this :wink:

overdrive
15-08-2018, 11:57 AM
I take my two kids to the FF lower, have done since the club organised the family section taking advantage of what were £0 tickets to now £25 for the kids, well one of them ,the other is classed as a youth now and costs £65 or £85 cant remember.

I too am frustrated at the empty seats within the section and agree this needs to be addressed, would be interested to hear from fans who have bought these tickets as to why they are not used regularly?

Did adults purchase thinking they could get a season for £25 and now with more controls in place just don't go? We wont hear from you but are people aware of folk who did this?

Do the match day/time changes affect taking the kids? I know night games can be tricky for the younger kids, for me its Sunday games as both my kids play football on a Sunday . This Sunday only one child will be in attendance with me (and yes I will be feeling guilty missing my sons match!)

I think the club really need to be looking at card usage and where kids tickets aren't being used 75% say refuse resale for future season.

As for moving the SS, I have great seats at the back behind the goal, why should I move to a lesser viewpoint in some other stand to accommodate them? ive been sitting here for years and like my seat. If the SS were to be there on Sunday and we'd have to stand the whole game well that would have been a pain in the ar$e too.

I agree the SS need a better vantage point but it should be the EAST near the dunbar end to noise up the opposing fans , cue EAST fans opposing this :wink:

Will a fair chunk of them not be folk who want to take a really young kid along (4-6 years old, perhaps) who won't necessarily go every week but use it as a way of introducing the kids to the football. It would work out much cheaper getting a ST for the child than paying for 10 individual games.

Tynie01011973
15-08-2018, 11:59 AM

The Club gave less than two days for ST Holders to secure their regular seats.
Tickets went on sale Friday 11\8 @10.00am and window closed at 9.00am Monday 14\8 (before TO even opens)

No wonder the uptake was so low!

Crazy situation that 13,500+ fans get 2 days to purchase their own seats yet non-ST holders are given 6 days to buy unsold seats

Billy Whizz
15-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Remind me what blocks are deemed the “family section”?

Danderhall Hibs
15-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Remind me what blocks are deemed the “family section”?

All of the FF lower I think. You can get the £25 ticket in all sections down there.

CapitalGreen
15-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Tickets went on sale Friday 11\8 @10.00am and window closed at 9.00am Monday 14\8 (before TO even opens)

Crazy situation that 13,500+ fans get 2 days to purchase their own seats yet non-ST holders are given 6 days to buy unsold seats

It only took me 2 minutes to purchase my ticket so I had the other 70 hours and 58 minutes free to do what I pleased, nothing to show for it though.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2018, 12:16 PM
It only took me 2 minutes to purchase my ticket so I had the other 70 hours and 58 minutes free to do what I pleased, nothing to show for it though.

Took me around that too, to add on 5, but some don’t/can’t do online, and had to queue up Friday and Saturday to get their seat. We need to find a way of educating these fans to add to card

Cammy
15-08-2018, 12:21 PM

I agree with everything you say here. I also have my 2 kids (one now youth) in the FFL. It’s been family section for years and brought loads of kids in to supporting the club through to adulthood. The East is and always will be the catalyst for the atmosphere in the ground and that is where the SS should be.

How many times are the SS going to want people to be moved out of their seats before they realise that it was actually better where they started in the East stand. When my 2 children are older and there are no more incentives to sit in the FFL we’ll move seats over to the East where I was for years pre kids. :aok:

overdrive
15-08-2018, 12:26 PM

I'd agree here. I didn't even know about the deadline until Saturday night when my mate told me.

j'adore hibs
15-08-2018, 02:15 PM
I agree with everything you say here. I also have my 2 kids (one now youth) in the FFL. It’s been family section for years and brought loads of kids in to supporting the club through to adulthood. The East is and always will be the catalyst for the atmosphere in the ground and that is where the SS should be.

How many times are the SS going to want people to be moved out of their seats before they realise that it was actually better where they started in the East stand. When my 2 children are older and there are no more incentives to sit in the FFL we’ll move seats over to the East where I was for years pre kids. :aok:

Likewise if there are decent seats available!!! with the continued increase in season ticket sales there will be fewer and fewer decent seats available across the east west and north. When it comes that my kids are adults and hibs ask us to move away from decent seats in the FFL that we've had for numerous years to front row seats at the corner flag of the east I wouldn't be happy

woodyhfc4892
15-08-2018, 11:35 PM
It is. Under normal circumstances, the seat would probably still be available for sale though. Saying that, I think the SS have committed bigger crimes.

Can I ask what “bigger crimes” the section have committed please? Just curious

BoomtownHibees
15-08-2018, 11:43 PM

Maybe I’m being pedantic but is that no 3 days (Fri, Sat & Sun) rather than “less than 2 days”??

marinello59
15-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Can I ask what “bigger crimes” the section have committed please? Just curious

Whoosh :greengrin

Centre Hawf
15-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Missed the cut off for my season ticket (i know) and I can’t seem to buy my seat as I can’t “leave a single seat”. Absolute headache to just by my ticket to watch Hibs.

percy veer
16-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Will a fair chunk of them not be folk who want to take a really young kid along (4-6 years old, perhaps) who won't necessarily go every week but use it as a way of introducing the kids to the football. It would work out much cheaper getting a ST for the child than paying for 10 individual games.

hit the nail on the head, exact situation I am in , I will go regulary now with my 6 year old who last season went to a few games , he got the taste for it, now I bought my daughter a season ticket probs wont go to many games, will I lose sleep that 1 seat is lying empty most games? na! more important things to get my knickers in a twist about. Am i really that bothered what people who watch the game on tv ad contribute next to nothing to hibs think, no not at all

Tynie01011973
16-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Maybe I’m being pedantic but is that no 3 days (Fri, Sat & Sun) rather than “less than 2 days”??

TO is not open on Sundays when no home matches are on.
It was only 3 days if buying online\telephone

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 07:37 AM
TO is not open on Sundays when no home matches are on.
It was only 3 days if buying online\telephone
So three days then

Tynie01011973
16-08-2018, 07:58 AM
So three days then

TO was only open 47 hours for those fans who prefer not to use online\phone booking when trying to buy their tickets.
So no not 3 days for some fans 😊

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 08:07 AM
TO was only open 47 hours for those fans who prefer not to use online\phone booking when trying to buy their tickets.
So no not 3 days for some fans 😊
It was three days for everyone.

If 'some fans' choose to limit their options and end up missing out then they only have themselves to blame

Billy Whizz
16-08-2018, 08:19 AM
It was three days for everyone.

If 'some fans' choose to limit their options and end up missing out then they only have themselves to blame

Think the real point is, why only 3 days. TO was already under pressure, and there’s no reason why they couldn’t have given season ticket holders until at least Wednesday. This resulted in more queues at the TO on Friday and Saturday. Totally unnecessary

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Think the real point is, why only 3 days. TO was already under pressure, and there’s no reason why they couldn’t have given season ticket holders until at least Wednesday. This resulted in more queues at the TO on Friday and Saturday. Totally unnecessary
It takes less than 5 minutes to buy your ticket online. Sorry but three days is more than enough time for that.

If people choose to put it off or choose to queue for hours then that's their choice and not the clubs fault. Some people just can't wait to stick the boot in at every opportunity

danhibees1875
16-08-2018, 08:32 AM
It takes less than 5 minutes to buy your ticket online. Sorry but three days is more than enough time for that.

:agree: I'd tend to agree, plus the 3 days is just to guarentee your seat and get £2 off - you can still get a ticket beyond that, it's not as if the opportunity is gone at that point.

Any further and you would start to have non-ST holders complaining about being unfairly treated and only having 4 days compared to ST holders 9, TO can't win sometimes.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2018, 08:33 AM

If people choose to put it off or choose to queue for hours then that's their choice and not the clubs fault. Some people just can't wait to stick the boot in at every opportunity

It’s easy for online, but unfortunately not everyone can do that, for whatever reasons. We do need to find a way to educate fans to do this though

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 08:55 AM
It’s easy for online, but unfortunately not everyone can do that, for whatever reasons. We do need to find a way to educate fans to do this though
Its 2018, about 90% of people have internet access now and for the 10% that don't, 90% of the people they know do.

Granted, it's statistically probable that there will be a tiny minority of people in the country who somehow have no internet access at all and also don't know anybody with internet access that can help them, but the chances of that tiny minority just coincidentally being made up entirely of Hibs fans scrambling to get tickets for a game against Ross County is very low. If people decide that they don't want to use the online option then they are within their right to do so but that's on them and not the club or the TO.

PatHead
16-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Elderly couple who live below me don’t “do the internet “. Both season ticket holders, she walked down on Saturday to get her tickets. I expect that there are a reasonable minority like that.

Think you are being a wee bit harsh on supporters who have, not unreasonably, said that they could have done with a little more time.

tamig
16-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Its 2018, about 90% of people have internet access now and for the 10% that don't, 90% of the people they know do.

Granted, it's statistically probable that there will be a tiny minority of people in the country who somehow have no internet access at all and also don't know anybody with internet access that can help them, but the chances of that tiny minority just coincidentally being made up entirely of Hibs fans scrambling to get tickets for a game against Ross County is very low. If people decide that they don't want to use the online option then they are within their right to do so but that's on them and not the club or the TO.
I went on holiday early Thursday and didn’t get back til late Monday. I wasn’t checking on here or the official website fretting about when Ross County tickets were going on sale. I never had a doubt there would be any issues buying my seat. That was until I read the threads on here and tried to book it.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Elderly couple who live below me don’t “do the internet “. Both season ticket holders, she walked down on Saturday to get her tickets. I expect that there are a reasonable minority like that.

Think you are being a wee bit harsh on supporters who have, not unreasonably, said that they could have done with a little more time.
That's their choice. The internet is available for them if they choose to use it, they choose not to so they are only limiting their own options. That's absolutely fine and completely reasonable as long as they don't complain about having to queue for hours or that they didn't have enough time to get to the TO.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 09:11 AM
I went on holiday early Thursday and didn’t get back til late Monday. I wasn’t checking on here or the official website fretting about when Ross County tickets were going on sale. I never had a doubt there would be any issues buying my seat. That was until I read the threads on here and tried to book it.
I was away early Tuesday and also arrived back late on Monday, maybe we were on the same flight. I knew there was a game coming up so I checked the ticket arrangements, saw the priority window period and booked my tickets for the game from the comfort of my poolside seat in about 5 minutes.

I'm sorry you didn't get your seat but you had the chance and missed it. It's nobody else's fault really

Liam978
16-08-2018, 09:31 AM
That's their choice. The internet is available for them if they choose to use it, they choose not to so they are only limiting their own options. That's absolutely fine and completely reasonable as long as they don't complain about having to queue for hours or that they didn't have enough time to get to the TO.

HaHA, you seem to be complaining more than most.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 09:40 AM
HaHA, you seem to be complaining more than most.
Do you know what complaining is?

No complaining here, just expressing a difference of opinion to the usual suspects who can't wait to have a go at the club

The_Horde
16-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Whole argument seems a bit of a 'first world problems' for me.

So you didn't get your seat, what's wrong with relocating for just one game?

There's people out there who can't afford to go to any games.

tamig
16-08-2018, 10:52 AM
I was away early Tuesday and also arrived back late on Monday, maybe we were on the same flight. I knew there was a game coming up so I checked the ticket arrangements, saw the priority window period and booked my tickets for the game from the comfort of my poolside seat in about 5 minutes.

I'm sorry you didn't get your seat but you had the chance and missed it. It's nobody else's fault really
Thats fair enough. However, like I said, checking priority booking periods for League Cup games against Ross County wasn’t too high on my to do list. I don’t think anyone could have anticipated sales of seats in that stand being closed after that period. Pain in the erse. Anyway, Norway is lovely.

staunchhibby
16-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Not all the elderly can afford Internet bit harsh that statement. Some of the elderly just get by without any luxuries

The_Horde
16-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Not all the elderly can afford Internet bit harsh that statement. Some of the elderly just get by without any luxuries

If they can't afford internet, I'm pretty sure they won't be forking out on hibs season tickets.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 03:07 PM
There’s only about half a million people in the whole of the U.K. that don’t have internet access. Only a tiny percentage of them will be Hibs fans and an even smaller percentage of them will be Hibs fans who can afford go to the games but somehow can’t afford the internet.

If it was just the people who genuinely had no choice but to buy in person then we wouldn’t have three days worth of queues at the TO.

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2018, 03:10 PM
There’s only about half a million people in the whole of the U.K. that don’t have internet access. Only a tiny percentage of them will be Hibs fans and an even smaller percentage of them will be Hibs fans who can afford go to the games but somehow can’t afford the internet.

If it was just the people who genuinely had no choice but to buy in person then we wouldn’t have three days worth of queues at the TO.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/itandinternetindustry/bulletins/internetusers/2018

"8.4% of adults had never used the internet in 2018" That's 5.5m. And that excludes those who have used it, but don't have regular access.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2018, 03:28 PM
https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/itandinternetindustry/bulletins/internetusers/2018

"8.4% of adults had never used the internet in 2018" That's 5.5m. And that excludes those who have used it, but don't have regular access.

Interesting stats, but it’s not only about using the internet, it’s about being able to use your smartphone etc to buy a ticket.
Any idea Crops (you’re the man😄), what % of people have a smartphone to book one in the 1st place

CapitalGreen
16-08-2018, 03:36 PM

People with access to internet > People who choose to use the internet.

tamig
16-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Interesting stats, but it’s not only about using the internet, it’s about being able to use your smartphone etc to buy a ticket.
Any idea Crops (you’re the man😄), what % of people have a smartphone to book one in the 1st place

If they have a smartphone they are likely to have internet access by some means.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 03:39 PM

Good spot, hands up I got my sums wrong on that one!

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Any idea Crops (you’re the man��), what % of people have a smartphone to book one in the 1st place

TBH, I was just trashing the notion that only 500,000 people have access to the internet.

Since you ask, though......According to this, about 85% and rising:-

https://www.consultancy.uk/news/14113/uk-smartphone-penetration-continues-to-rise-to-85-of-adult-population

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2018, 03:43 PM
People with access to internet > People who choose to use the internet.

Indeed.

My knitting gets ripped by this apparent haste to have us all "connected".

Albanian Hibs
16-08-2018, 03:46 PM

Unbelievable

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 04:09 PM
TBH, I was just trashing the notion that only 500,000 people have access to the internet.

Since you ask, though......According to this, about 85% and rising:-

https://www.consultancy.uk/news/14113/uk-smartphone-penetration-continues-to-rise-to-85-of-adult-population
And rightly so, I missed a zero in my sums 👀

Moulin Yarns
16-08-2018, 04:10 PM
And rightly so, I missed a zero in my sums 👀

I don't see the point. :wink:

WhileTheChief..
16-08-2018, 04:17 PM
hit the nail on the head, exact situation I am in , I will go regulary now with my 6 year old who last season went to a few games , he got the taste for it, now I bought my daughter a season ticket probs wont go to many games, will I lose sleep that 1 seat is lying empty most games? na! more important things to get my knickers in a twist about. Am i really that bothered what people who watch the game on tv ad contribute next to nothing to hibs think, no not at all

Which is exactly what folk are moaning about.

You buy a ticket for £25 and care not a jot if it’s used or not?

If it was £125 would you still buy it and not use it?

Man these cheap kids tickets need scrapped pronto.

Fizz
16-08-2018, 04:52 PM
I’m not sure how it’s anyone’s business what people buy tickets for their kids and don’t always use them it’s not like we’re sold out every week and people are scrambling for tickets. Hibs are prob of the notion that if you get kids early enough you’ll reap the rewards later - we started off with 2 adult and 2 kids tickets but now they’ve partners and kids so instead of 4 there’s 10 of us with season tickets. Even if kids tickets jumped up in price I still wouldn’t bring a 3 year old on a week night. I don’t know if other clubs fans turn on each other as much as us but there’s always a thread with people bickering for what/ who constitutes the best Hibs fan - we are all equal and as long as people are putting their cash into Hibs (and not shafting them in any way) they should be treated with equal respect. Seems like most of the moaning is coming from people who only need to buy their own ticket and not fork out for 4 or 5.

silverhibee
16-08-2018, 09:22 PM

When using the Internet to purchase tickets, where do I put my money in the computer.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2018, 09:28 PM
When using the Internet to purchase tickets, where do I put my money in the computer.

Reported

Beefster
17-08-2018, 08:22 AM

Ive got a Nigerian contact who can help you with that question.