PDA

View Full Version : Poor Berra

Hibeesmad
14-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Out for 6 months with torn hamstring

Coults1875
14-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Green tinted glasses off for a bit - really bad news for the Scotland team.

Hibeesmad
14-08-2018, 10:51 AM

Hopefully a chance for Hanlon to step up

Forza Fred
14-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Perhaps career ending if it is that bad.....

Significantly weakens our rivals...wish the player no ill will though.

PercyHibs
14-08-2018, 10:54 AM

He hasnt even been getting picked for Scotland so not that bad news

JimBHibees
14-08-2018, 10:55 AM
It did look a really sore one which made no sense when he tried to sit at the side of the pitch. He is a key player for them and probably most influential.

Tarrahib
14-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Hopefully a chance for Hanlon to step up
MacLeish has already said that he would use Teirney as left sided central defender.

JimBHibees
14-08-2018, 10:56 AM

He played in a few of the most recent qualifiers didnt he?

Franck Stanton
14-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Turns out it is an expensive 3 points for them.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Shame.

Albanian Hibs
14-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Boohoo

jacomo

New manager, fresh start, time for new blood.

Berra is a decent player but he’s not world class. He’s also 32 or so and I’m happy for someone else (eg Paul Hanlon) to get the opportunity.

Elephant Stone
It's gonna be hard for them to replace someone with that shirt grabbing ability at short notice.

Sare yin

blackpoolhibs
I'm gutted for him.

makaveli1875
MacLeish has already said that he would use Teirney as left sided central defender.

Tierneys never a centre back .

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Don't want to see any player ( not even a Hertz one ) with such a bad injury and to be fair to Berra he never seems to be one of the maroon balloons who is always on social media or in the papers spouting pish about them or more pertinently us.

He is probably their best defender though so its an ill wind as they say …. I've no doubt there's somebody in their squad of hundreds or massive crop of wonderkids who will step up to fill the gap :greengrin

Diclonius
14-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Never want to see someone with that bad an injury even if it is the Hearts captain. That'll derail their season somewhat as he is arguably their best player after Lafferty leaves.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Typical hearts luck. This Injury would happen in the actual season for us, leaving us with only the runt of the free agents litter to choose from.

They're guaranteed to find someone to cover until he's back.

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 11:03 AM
New manager, fresh start, time for new blood.

Berra is a decent player but he’s not world class. He’s also 32 or so and I’m happy for someone else (eg Paul Hanlon) to get the opportunity.

33 now and will be 34 by the time he returns.

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Feel for the lad. Good player and seemingly a decent guy dealt a tough blow.

Fergus52
14-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Pretty ironic after leveins patter about not cutting the grass, his studs get caught in a long patch as he goes down.

Leith Green
14-08-2018, 11:06 AM
There have been more than a few of that lot over the years that id say tough **** and smile. Berra doesnt fall into that category for me... He is actually a really good professional and leader , quite a bad one for him at this stage of his career.

chinaman
I'm gutted for him.
me too , infact im struggling to sleep.

Sir David Gray
Pleased from the point of view that it should significantly weaken our rivals although I won't gloat over someone getting a serious injury. Hope he manages to get back playing.

Dalianwanda
14-08-2018, 11:07 AM

This :flag:

1van Sprou7e
14-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Genuinely feel for him but anything that weakens hearts is good for us

Celtc fans are unironically blaming the pitch.....

Col2
14-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Terrible news for them.

And they are about to sell Lafferty.

So without two best players by a country mile.

Opportunity for Callaghan to play a utility role?

supermcginn
14-08-2018, 11:10 AM

Mcleish has left him out every squad, his scotland days are long gone.

Not In The Know
14-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Pleased from the point of view that it should significantly weaken our rivals although I won't gloat over someone getting a serious injury. Hope he manages to get back playing.

very well put.

I do wonder tho if the long grass caused this?

Aldo
14-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Terrible news for them.

And they are about to sell Lafferty.

So without two best players by a country mile.

Opportunity for Callaghan to play a utility role?

They won’t be able to find a replacement like for like imho.

Bigger loss that Laugherty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
14-08-2018, 11:13 AM
I am with you on that maybe a bit old fashioned on my part but just because he plays for jambos doesn't mean we cheer his injury.

Nameless
14-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Shame for Berra - as jambos go he seems decent. It weakens them, so from that perspective I'm pleased.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 11:15 AM
It’s really brightened up my day to be honest. **** him and **** the club he plays for.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2018, 11:18 AM
He's not at deaths door here, its a bloody football injury that weakens our rivals. I hope a few more get injured, anything that drains their cash cow is fine by me.

These injured players still get paid, they get better treatment than any of us could dream of, and they are not juggling a job in between their recovery.

If Lafferty was to get a similar injury before he was transferred, it would be the icing on the cake for me.

Sean1875
14-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Massive blow for Hearts that - as many people have said though I would never wish an injury on any player.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he made a miraculous recovery for the first derby though :greengrin

hibsbollah
14-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Apart from the Steven Fletcher 'went down like a brown trout' sending off incident, he always seemed a solid professional and was classier off the pitch than your average ****. By all accounts it's a horrible injury and I hope he recovers. He was never blessed with great pace anyway and this injury isn't going to help him keep pace with attackers fifteen years younger than him.

flash
14-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Can't really take any pleasure in this. Seems a decent big lad.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 11:21 AM
He's not at deaths door here, its a bloody football injury that weakens our rivals. I hope a few more get injured, anything that drains their cash cow is fine by me.

These injured players still get paid, they get better treatment than any of us could dream of, and they are not juggling a job in between their recovery.

If Lafferty was to get a similar injury before he was transferred, it would be the icing on the cake for me.
:top marks

500miles
14-08-2018, 11:22 AM
An awful injury for him. Hopefully full recovery. Blow for Hearts though, big time.

Smartie
14-08-2018, 11:23 AM

I must admit I used to think that he was hopeless, but when he got back into the Scotland team halfway through the last campaign we improved significantly.

It had been a wee while since Scotland didn't look really soft through the middle, and he struck up a decent understanding with Mulgrew.

His for form Hearts has been very good and it would be hard to begrudge him a place back in the Scotland team, and I think we'd have been stronger for it.

I can't pretend to be too upset about our rivals being weakened but I get no pleasure seeing anyone suffer a serious injury.

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 11:24 AM

Aye - I'm sure Berra isn't the least bit bothered he's just suffered a major injury in the latter stages of his career and will be sat doing his nut in just spectating for the next 6 months.

It's a shame for a good professional. My opinion on that doesn't change just because he plays for them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-08-2018, 11:26 AM
me too , infact im struggling to sleep.

I'm seeking medical help at present.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Aye - I'm sure Berra isn't the least bit bothered he's just suffered a major injury in the latter stages of his career and will be sat doing his nut in just spectating for the next 6 months.

It's a shame for a good professional. My opinion on that doesn't change just because he plays for them.
I couldn’t give a **** if he’s bothered, in fact I hope he’s absolutely devastated. He’s a football player that’s got an injury, it’s not the end of the world.

My_Wife_Camille
14-08-2018, 11:27 AM
boohoo

I tore my hamstring once and survived. I didn't have a footballers wage to keep me going either.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2018, 11:28 AM
sincere condolences

JimboHibs
14-08-2018, 11:30 AM
I couldn’t give a **** if he’s bothered, in fact I hope he’s absolutely devastated. He’s a football player that’s got an injury, it’s not the end of the world.

Regardless of their profession your chuffed that a person or people get injured in their workplace.

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 11:31 AM

Nobody said it was. But some of us are allowed to sympathise with injured players regardless of who they play for. Because I've never really had any issue with Berra, and (as someone mentioned) he's been a good recent servant for our national side... he falls under this category for me.

I get it doesn't make me look as tough as wishing he doesn't return this season but I can live with that.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2018, 11:31 AM

I have had two separate cruciate injuries, and the amount of money i lost through those footballing injuries i'd hate to guess at.

Perhaps if i had the full time treatment he will get, i'd give a toss, perhaps if i had my wages paid every week, i'd give a toss.

Football injury, part and parcel of playing the game.

And if he played for anyone else than them or a couple of other teams, perhaps i'd give a toss.

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 11:33 AM
I have had two separate cruciate injuries, and the amount of money i lost through those footballing injuries i'd hate to guess at.

Perhaps if i had the full time treatment he will get, i'd give a toss, perhaps if i had my wages paid every week, i'd give a toss.

And if he played for anyone else than them or a couple of other teams, perhaps i'd give a toss.

Fair enough BH. On the flip side, I've had a couple of injuries myself (not as severe as Berra's or yours I'd imagine) and know how frustrating they were... and so this probably helps me sympathise.

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Regardless of their profession your chuffed that a person or people get injured in their workplace.

He's got a sore leg. It weakens them, hopefully to our benefit. I'll take that.

JimboHibs
14-08-2018, 11:36 AM

Football injury, part and parcel of playihe game.

So if you had received the same level of support from your employer or NHS you'd feel sympathetic for him,I assume by your reply you didn't so let's get all bitter and blame Berra.

Let's hope it doesn't happen to a Hibs player as you won't give a toss unless he has to receive the same level of care you received.

What a bitter man you are.

BH Hibs
14-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Whos going to referee the derbies now?

JimboHibs
14-08-2018, 11:38 AM

I don't disagree it weakens them.

But to wish injury or future injury on people at their work place is poor.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Thoughts are with his family.

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Whos going to referee the derbies now?

He'll probably let the wee moaning git Naismith deputies for him whilst he's out.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-08-2018, 11:41 AM
It’s really brightened up my day to be honest. **** him and **** the club he plays for.

This.

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2018, 11:42 AM
I don't disagree it weakens them.

But to wish injury or future injury on people at their work place is poor.

It's a player at our rivals we're talking about, maybe a wee bit precious?

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Would never wish a bad injury on anyone. Berra's a good pro and will be a miss for Scotland. Poor from a few on here tbh.

JimboHibs
14-08-2018, 11:47 AM
It's a player at our rivals we're talking about, maybe a wee bit precious?

Precious about wishing injury ?

Bostonhibby
14-08-2018, 11:48 AM
It'll be all that falling over and rolling about that's done it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
14-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Pleasing.

Lago
14-08-2018, 11:53 AM

Not sure what to make of your post, pretty much a poor me/ what about me mump.

AugustaHibs
14-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Shame.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 11:56 AM
When they play for hearts I do.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Nobody said it was. But some of us are allowed to sympathise with injured players regardless of who they play for. Because I've never really had any issue with Berra, and (as someone mentioned) he's been a good recent servant for our national side... he falls under this category for me.

I get it doesn't make me look as tough as wishing he doesn't return this season but I can live with that.
It’s nothing to do with looking tough, that’s not possible on an Internet forum. It’s about a healthy rivalry with hearts.

Lago
14-08-2018, 11:59 AM
When they play for hearts I do.
And if they play for Celtic, the rangers, killie, motherwell etc etc they get your best wishes?

matty_f
14-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Wonder if Naismith was right over the top of him laughing.

CMurdoch
14-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Just shows how quickly things change for smaller clubs who don't have massive squads and massive amounts of money.
Whether that be from losing your best players through injury or from them moving on.

We were a great team in the second half of last season but most of us knew we were going to lose McGinn, McGeouch and Barker this summer and struggle to get McLaren back.
Our club fortunately knew this back then and have worked hard and with time have done well to get decent quality in to replace them but without masses of cash it has been difficult. Someone like Mulumbu or the Finnish guy at Dundee would complete our rebuild job until January when it will require a further tweak if we can't keep Hyndmann.

Hearts have made a good start and everything was going well but in a matter of days their best defender is out for 6 months and their best striker is almost certainly offski.
They have time but there is no way that they can replace their 2 best players with 2 of similar quality.

Advantage Hibs.

14-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Looked a bad one at the time. Will be a big blow to the Jambos as will Lafferty leaving, though with a 35 man squad you'd think they shouldn't be so reliant on 1 or 2 players. Maybe they won't be this season, time will tell.

6 months on the treatment chairs or back within 4 if they can get a table on tick (then not pay for it).

Winston Ingram
14-08-2018, 12:06 PM

Not really. When was the last time he was in the squad? He'll be 35 by the time the next tournament comes around

Tarrahib
14-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Tierneys never a centre back .
I know that.You know that.Tell Mcleish that.

hfc rd
14-08-2018, 12:10 PM
There have been more than a few of that lot over the years that id say tough **** and smile. Berra doesnt fall into that category for me... He is actually a really good professional and leader , quite a bad one for him at this stage of his career.

This. Don’t know what he will be like when he returns.

PatHead
14-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Even though he plays for our main rivals I don't think anyone should gloat about a player being injured.

Would be ironic if the pitch played a part in the injury though.

Togs91
14-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Aye big blow for the scotland team too, good defender.

Anyone wishing bad upon him, just remember hes no ian black.

tamig
14-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Precious about wishing injury ?

Have you never wished injury on any player you didn’t like? I won’t use any stronger terms as you come across as a loving peaceful kind of guy.

Keith_M
14-08-2018, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't wish that kind of luck on anybody and I'm happy to say... get well soon.

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 12:21 PM
It’s nothing to do with looking tough, that’s not possible on an Internet forum. It’s about a healthy rivalry with hearts.

Fair enough - I guess where we differ is I think rejoicing in a serious injury is where it is beyond "healthy". Happy to agree to disagree :aok:

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 12:21 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/c476b422cf7da050ba8838a9ab49e758/tenor.gif?itemid=5347522

FilipinoHibs
14-08-2018, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't wish that kind of luck on anybody and I'm happy to say... get well soon.

Seems a decent guy. Hope he get better soon. Now if it was big flute boy then......

PercyHibs
14-08-2018, 12:29 PM
He played in a few of the most recent qualifiers didnt he?

i didn't think McLeish had picked him yet so didnt fancy him. FWIW i would have him in the squad.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 12:33 PM
And if they play for Celtic, the rangers, killie, motherwell etc etc they get your best wishes?

I’m kind of indifferent on them.

makaveli1875
14-08-2018, 12:37 PM
i didn't think McLeish had picked him yet so didnt fancy him. FWIW i would have him in the squad.

He left him out of the friendlies but said he would be in the squad for the qualifiers .

easty
14-08-2018, 12:39 PM

:agree:

I hope he's out 6 months minimum.

I wouldn't wish something like a car crash on any of them (cough...actually, Naismith...cough), but a football injury happens to footballers, poor shame. I hope they pick up loads of injuries, then have to play all those wonderkids that they have, best in the country, that managed to get them a wonderful 6th place finish last season.

Lago
14-08-2018, 12:39 PM
I’m kind of indifferent on them.
A politicians answer.:agree:

My_Wife_Camille
14-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Can we have a minutes silence for our Edinburgh brother at the Ross County game? Now THAT would be Hibs Class

IWasThere2016
14-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Ouch! Could end his career that.

Big loss for the wee team :greengrin

hibsfan7
14-08-2018, 12:56 PM
What a big blow for hearts
i wish him well on a speedy recovery

we know what it is like to lose our captain through injury for most of the season

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 12:59 PM
A politicians answer.:agree:
I take it on a case by case basis.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Looked a bad one at the time. Will be a big blow to the Jambos as will Lafferty leaving, though with a 35 man squad you'd think they shouldn't be so reliant on 1 or 2 players. Maybe they won't be this season, time will tell.

6 months on the treatment chairs or back within 4 if they can get a table on tick (then not pay for it).

Magic sticks will sort him out.

1van Sprou7e
14-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Can we have a minutes silence for our Edinburgh brother at the Ross County game? Now THAT would be Hibs Class

lol

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Whats the bets Hearts sign some out of contract 6ft plus hatchet man, hammer thrower hoofer to replace him that gets several red cards, injures opposition players and ends up a cult hero for them....

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 01:31 PM
feel for the guy, i done mine a couple of weeks ago, grade 2 tear apparently, obviously not as bad as his as mine will take weeks to heal rather than months but its a sore injury, on the plus side it weakens them so not to bad on the footballing side of things

Onion
14-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Guaranteed to be ready for the first Hibs game of the season, then :greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Guaranteed to be ready for the first Hibs game of the season, then :greengrin

31st of October. he doesn't need a mask thats for sure.

Onion
14-08-2018, 01:37 PM

No hindrance to them as they rotate their hatchet men and have a cell block of thugs to draw on.

jacomo
14-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Whats the bets Hearts sign some out of contract 6ft plus hatchet man, hammer thrower hoofer to replace him that gets several red cards, injures opposition players and ends up a cult hero for them....

To play CB or CF?

:wink:

jeffers
14-08-2018, 01:44 PM
No sympathy whatsoever, it's a injury, players suffer them all the time. If it had ended his career then yes I would have felt sorry for him, but it hasn't.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 01:47 PM
To play CB or CF?

:wink:

Must be as versatile as Berra. :greengrin

Mr_F
14-08-2018, 03:04 PM
No sympathy whatsoever, it's a injury, players suffer them all the time. If it had ended his career then yes I would have felt sorry for him, but it hasn't.

Exactly... Borderline hertz love in here.. :rolleyes::jamboak:

yonder1875
14-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Haha.

Aldo
14-08-2018, 04:20 PM
To play CB or CF? :wink:

Is that not every position??

G B Young
14-08-2018, 04:43 PM

He's going to be 34 next birthday so not really part of Scotland's hopes for the future plus he's been part of the worst era in Scottish international football history so not sure it's especially bad news for the national team. Hopefully Hanlon will get more of a look-in now.

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Almost ****ed themselves into a coma when Griffiths went off in the Wotherspoon cup derby. **** him, smelly mutant like the rest of them.

Carheenlea
14-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Pretty ironic after leveins patter about not cutting the grass, his studs get caught in a long patch as he goes down.

Have not seen any highlights of their game, but going by pictures the grass does look particularly long. I saw they tweeted a video of the grass being cut after the game. Sure Berra would have been holding his sides roaring with laughter at that one.

http://i64.tinypic.com/103vq6p.jpg

https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/1028287278760779781

3pm
14-08-2018, 05:25 PM
The Hertz Berra sign another defender.

14-08-2018, 06:51 PM

...yet.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-08-2018, 06:56 PM
He'll have to teach someone else how to pull a jersey on the blind side of the ref and make out it's him who's being fouled.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2018, 07:11 PM
He's going to be 34 next birthday so not really part of Scotland's hopes for the future plus he's been part of the worst era in Scottish international football history so not sure it's especially bad news for the national team. Hopefully Hanlon will get more of a look-in now.[emoji106]

You never know. Scotland's maybe going to give better prospects a chance and not place a premium on pulling jerseys, falling over and mouthing at referees.

****** defender who stands out in Scotland because of what we allow. As a hertz man if he'd left an opponent lying on the ground with the same injury there wouldn't have been a backwards glance. Doctor football wouldn't allow it.

StirlingHibee
14-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Poor taste this thread in my opinion - he's a good guy from what I've heard and would not wish this type of injury on any player.

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Don't want to see any player ( not even a Hertz one ) with such a bad injury and to be fair to Berra he never seems to be one of the maroon balloons who is always on social media or in the papers spouting pish about them or more pertinently us.

He is probably their best defender though so its an ill wind as they say …. I've no doubt there's somebody in their squad of hundreds or massive crop of wonderkids who will step up to fill the gap :greengrinYeah personally no like for him or any Jambo but wouldn't wish such a severe injury on anyone...that said they look a bit foolish about their long grass tweet now as I think it was the long grass that caused this injury

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NthCarolinaHibs
14-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Finished before their stand...

Bostonhibby
14-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Poor taste this thread in my opinion - he's a good guy from what I've heard and would not wish this type of injury on any player.Naismith apparently likes kittens and opens doors for pensioners, which I greatly admire. Still an obnoxious wee cheat on a football pitch so as with Berra, when karma comes.....

14-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeah personally no like for him or any Jambo but wouldn't wish such a severe injury on anyone...that said they look a bit foolish about their long grass tweet now as I think it was the long grass that caused this injury

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It certainly looked like his feet got stuck. They play there 10 times more than every other team in the league so it is their own players they're gambling with. The grass was allowed to grow to wind up Rodgers and this time it has backfired on prankster Levein.

theonlywayisup
14-08-2018, 07:49 PM
At full time at the last derby, did anyone notice Berra turn around to face the Hibs fans and then do the slow handclap wave. He even repeated after he shook the hands of the Kamberi (I think). It was mocking us for our celebration after the equaliser.

Pity he's hurt himself!!

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2018, 07:50 PM
At full time at the last derby, did anyone notice Berra turn around to face the Hibs fans and then do the slow handclap wave. He even repeated after he shook the hands of the Kamberi (I think). It was mocking us for our celebration after the equaliser.

Pity he's hurt himself!!

He's prone to doing it - he done it in his first spell as well.

Mr_F
14-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Poor taste this thread in my opinion - he's a good guy from what I've heard and would not wish this type of injury on any player.

It’s a torn hamstring not an amputation...

BullsCloseHibs
14-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Bang goes they're little corner trick with donkey Berra at the back post 😂

BullsCloseHibs
14-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Have not seen any highlights of their game, but going by pictures the grass does look particularly long. I saw they tweeted a video of the grass being cut after the game. Sure Berra would have been holding his sides roaring with laughter at that one.

http://i64.tinypic.com/103vq6p.jpg

https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/1028287278760779781

Wonder what Potter makes of the long grass now? 👓 🤓😁

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 08:40 PM
I would. I’d rejoice in Lafferty getting one at the weekend as well. It would almost be as good as hearing that spare parts for the Rover 75 were no longer available.

HibbyAndy
14-08-2018, 08:51 PM
My heart bleeds

Absolute hammer blow to Hearts , He's pivotal in everything they believe in , Hoofs the ball forwards and kicks everything that moves

Naismith next please

Bostonhibby
14-08-2018, 08:53 PM
I would. I’d rejoice in Lafferty getting one at the weekend as well. It would almost be as good as hearing that spare parts for the Rover 75 were no longer available.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Or that the whole time they thought it was real string in those string backed faux leather driving gloves it really wasn't.

All those yam Xmas presents.....

Lancs Harp
14-08-2018, 08:53 PM
To be fair it could have been worse for Hearts he could have damaged his elbows.

Seriously wouldnt wish an injury on anyone.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 09:06 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Or that the whole time they thought it was real string in those string backed faux leather driving gloves it really wasn't.

All those yam Xmas presents.....

That would signal the end for many of them mate. Those gloves get passed down the generations. I believe if your ever lucky enough to get a tour of the hearts museum, there’s some of the oldest known faux leather driving gloves on the planet. They were hand made in China circa 1979.

BoomtownHibees
14-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Was he fit enough for the open top bus parade for Saturdays result?

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2018, 09:08 PM
The only bonus is it weakens them, never want to hear of a serious injury regardless of the player or his club. Hope he manages to recover fully.

HibbyAndy
14-08-2018, 09:17 PM
By the way i dunno if anyone has mentioned it , It was caused by the guy they absolutely HATE Leigh Griffiths :cb

Shrekko
14-08-2018, 09:23 PM
He’s had a cracking career, made loads of dosh and is 34. I don’t wish injury on anyone but he’ll be fine and it weakens Hearts a lot so.... can’t say I’m gutted or anything.

The_Horde
15-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Typical hearts luck. This Injury would happen in the actual season for us, leaving us with only the runt of the free agents litter to choose from.

They're guaranteed to find someone to cover until he's back.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-look-to-add-central-defender-after-injury-to-christophe-berra-1-4784127/amp

Diclonius
15-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Where are Hearts getting the money from? Surely they've already blown the Lafferty money on their 202358623906230958239058290358 new players.

CapitalGreen
15-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Where are Hearts getting the money from? Surely they've already blown the Lafferty money on their 202358623906230958239058290358 new players.

Hearts fans put a lot more money into their club than we do through FOH/HSL.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-08-2018, 09:27 AM
No doubt another donation from the snobby Roseberry's coming. :rolleyes:

WeeRussell
15-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Exactly... Borderline hertz love in here.. :rolleyes::jamboak:

You've got me. How foolish. I meant to say I hope he never kicks a ball again just to show I genuinely support Hibs and hate Hearts :rolleyes: