PDA

View Full Version : Yeovil Town v Aston Villa Live

banarc7062
14-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Chance to see John McGinn play for his new team tonight live on Sky Sport Main Event 19.45. GGTTH

Liam6270
14-08-2018, 08:34 AM
who cares? He’s moved on, time to get over it

keep the faith
14-08-2018, 08:35 AM

I assume you are on the wind up here??

GreenArmyyy!
14-08-2018, 08:37 AM

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep an eye on his progress. He’s effectively a player that’s was properly developed at Hibs. We should be celebrating successes like that, in the short run that kind of thing can attract new young players to choose Hibs as a place to develop their talents.

NthCarolinaHibs
14-08-2018, 08:43 AM

No need for that...

Lancs Harp
14-08-2018, 08:49 AM
I'll be taking a look, not sure if SJM will be starting though, Villa are sure to make a lot of changes for the game tonight.

Jim44
14-08-2018, 08:51 AM

Probably not many ‘care’, but, a heck of a lot of Hibs supporters will be interested to keep tabs on his progress.

Elephant Stone
14-08-2018, 08:53 AM

I appreciated being told it was on, wouldn't have known otherwise and might have a little look. :aok:

Jim44
14-08-2018, 08:57 AM
I'll be taking a look, not sure if SJM will be starting though, Villa are sure to make a lot of changes for the game tonight.

Do you reckon they’ll drop him after his MOTM game on Saturday. Doubt it.

McIntosh
who cares? He’s moved on, time to get over it No need - An apology is in order to the original poster

Coults1875

Hibs will care...

He could be a Premiership footballer next season and will be a major part of this Aston Villa teams promotion push.

If it plans out like that, his price tag will increase to a healthy figure that i'm sure Hibs will benefit from if the sell on clause rumours are correct.

Lancs Harp
14-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Do you reckon they’ll drop him after his MOTM game on Saturday. Doubt it.

Its a Carabao Cup match Jim, its nothing to do with dropping him, English league clubs notoriously put out squad players, youngsters etc against so called "lesser" opposition in the early rounds of this competition. He may well play but certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a Villa team with 7 or 8 changes from Saturdays team.

Sammy7nil
14-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Hibs will care...

He could be a Premiership footballer next season and will be a major part of this Aston Villa teams promotion push.

If it plans out like that, his price tag will increase to a healthy figure that i'm sure Hibs will benefit from if the sell on clause rumours are correct.

No need for an apology he does not care some people will but he does not. It is simply a different opinion that is what forums are about.

Onion
14-08-2018, 09:23 AM

Agree we don’t want to obsess over SJM, he’s gone. But as ever, there will be a range of interest in things like this. Good of the OP to make folk aware, if they weren’t already.

Personally, curious to see how SJM gets on playing at a “higher level” so might tune in for a few mins.

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 09:28 AM
No need for an apology he does not care some people will but he does not. It is simply a different opinion that is what forums are about.

I think the wording used was poor tbf. Telling the op to 'get over it'.

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 09:29 AM

Clearly you care enough to open a thread about it and then respond. What an odd post.

Future17
14-08-2018, 09:48 AM

Me.

Liam6270
14-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Let me know when wolves are playing so I can see how Doherty gets on

murray26
14-08-2018, 01:50 PM

Grow up pal👍

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Me - been looking forward to seeing him play again and thanks to the OP for pointing out Villa are on TV tonight :aok: Had nae idea until now.

Jim44
14-08-2018, 01:53 PM

Wow. :bitchy:

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 01:54 PM

He's doing very well I believe. But he's hardly held in the same regard as McGinn is he?

But then you already knew that, and could have just ignored this thread.

Future17
14-08-2018, 01:55 PM

Will do. Surprised a Hibs fan would make a comparison between Doherty and SJM though.

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2018, 01:58 PM
how dare anyone take an interest in of our best ever players.....

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Will do. Surprised a Hibs fan would make a comparison between Doherty and SJM though.

Doherty is a fraud but lets be honest he has done well for Wolves.

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Good shout. Forgot about him. You really do like following ex players. Not everyone takes an interest but nice to see that you do.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Tad controversial pal, you can borrow my well used tin hat if you like.

Greenworld
14-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Let me know when wolves are playing so I can see how Doherty gets onWhy can you even be bothered posting there is no need you should be apologising first and if not I hope admins deal with this too much of it going on

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Why can you even be bothered posting there is no need you should be apologising first and if not I hope admins deal with this too much of it going on

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yep - sarcy comments are so draining when they're not remotely amusing.

makaveli1875
14-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Think villa are playing reserves and U23's tonight , wouldnt expect to see McGinn starting

DetroitHibs
14-08-2018, 02:13 PM
The lad doesn't care that John is playing, don't see an issue with that, he's entitled to his opinion. I'll be keeping tabs on SJM as I liked the lad as a person and player. If someone had said the same about Cummings, I'm sure the reaction wouldn't have been as harsh.

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Think villa are playing reserves and U23's tonight , wouldnt expect to see McGinn starting

Who cares anyway, he's gone and we should just get over it apparently....

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 02:17 PM

You could be right. I'm kind of just hoping with him being the new boy etc, they'll see it as another chance to get more game time under his belt (albeit he's come from a busy Hibs schedule over the past few weeks) while playing a few of the first team players and resting the likes of Grealish.

Then again, after impressing on Saturday and likely to be a first team regular.. maybe you're bang on and I'm havering nonsense. :greengrin

I can always flick over and cheer on AEK if no John in the starting lineup.

KDY Hibs
14-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Chance to see John McGinn play for his new team tonight live on Sky Sport Main Event 19.45. GGTTH

Thanks for posting, I'm keen to see how SJM gets on this season and will be keeping an eye on Villa for that reason,

I am "over it", but just interested to see his progression......

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 02:20 PM
The lad doesn't care that John is playing, don't see an issue with that, he's entitled to his opinion. I'll be keeping tabs on SJM as I liked the lad as a person and player. If someone had said the same about Cummings, I'm sure the reaction wouldn't have been as harsh.

The issue isn't that he doesn't care that John is playing. He is indeed entitled to his opinion - but there's no need to post sarcastically and tell the OP to "get over it" when he/she clearly does care.

If everyone posted on every thread they had nothing to contribute on because they didn't care about the subject... this place would be a very tiresome read!!

DetroitHibs
14-08-2018, 02:26 PM
The issue isn't that he doesn't care that John is playing. He is indeed entitled to his opinion - but there's no need to post sarcastically and tell the OP to "get over it" when he/she clearly does care.

If everyone posted on every thread they had nothing to contribute on because they didn't care about the subject... this place would be a very tiresome read!!

I agree about the "get over it" part. The OP shouldn't be talked down to like that.

Centre Hawf
14-08-2018, 02:31 PM

I care. He's probably the first player of my generation that I've seen move on that I genuinely want to watch as often as possible to see how he gets on throughout his career. He's a Hibs legend and I'd like to watch and support him wherever he goes, baring the obvious.

Lago
14-08-2018, 02:35 PM
He thinks it's smart to appear to be controversial.

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 02:48 PM

Think it's more to do with how he worded his 'opinion'. Also he clearly does care or he wouldn't have bothered posting on a thread about him.

Jim44
14-08-2018, 02:52 PM

I didn’t realise it was a cup match so I suppose he might not play. On the other hand, he might get a game to get him more familiar with his new team mates.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2018, 02:54 PM

he's the first former hibs player for many years that i will take every chance to watch on the tellybox, but if he's not playing tonight i'l switch over and watch the news and weather

but i do hope he has a very poor game when his team play Leeds :)

Famous Fiver
14-08-2018, 05:53 PM
JMG on the bench against Yeovil tonight.

CMurdoch
14-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Didn't get on

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Didn't get onBubble's burst. He'll be back up the road in January.

🤨

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Baader
14-08-2018, 10:10 PM

Poor stuff. People can watch what they want. And let's not compare SJM to bit part Hibs cameos like Matt Doherty. If you don't recognise the difference to the Hibernian cause then that's laughable.

tamig
14-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Poor stuff. People can watch what they want. And let's not compare SJM to bit part Hibs cameos like Matt Doherty. If you don't recognise the difference to the Hibernian cause then that's laughable.

The thing about SJM is that most of us are keen to see how he adapts to the English game and how far and fast his star can rise. We as a club are likely to benefit handsomely if it all goes to plan. The liam guy can do whatever he likes. Whether he’s one of us is highly questionable based on the content of his contributions to this thread.

WestStandWillie
15-08-2018, 11:34 AM
The Villa love-in is awful.

I'll be keeping an eye on John's progress but some of the friendship posts is gieing me the dry boak.

WeeRussell
15-08-2018, 11:46 AM

I'll be keeping an eye on John's progress but some of the friendship posts is gieing me the dry boak.

Where?

heretoday
15-08-2018, 11:53 AM

Can't stand the Villa.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Can't stand the Villa.

Every team in Brunmie land seems to be The something
The Villai
The Blues
The Baggies
The Wolves

PatHead
15-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Every team in Brunmie land seems to be The something