PDA

View Full Version : Question Are Hearts fans getting weirder?

skankomcphee
13-08-2018, 09:01 PM
I find myself asking the question having watched the highlights of their win over Celtic.

The vitriol exhibited by three middle aged Jambos who looked close to bursting a blood vessel in straining to shower abuse upon Kieran Tierney, probably the least offensive Celtic player on the pitch, was just bizarre. The spectacle a female Jambo made of herself in seeking to denigrate Leigh Griffiths was extremely odd.

And then there is the adulation shown towards their talismanic goal scorer, Kyle Lafferty. I had a big sigh of relief when he stood Lennon up and signed for the Jambos instead. While Stokes may have not left Easter Road in the way we would have hoped I still remain relieved that he ended up at Easter Road ahead of Lafferty. I would have been embarrassed to see Lafferty up to some of his on field antics while wearing the green and white of Hibernian.

So, a rather curious bunch. Sparryheids, the phrase coined by Irvine Welsh all those years ago, has never been more relevant.

iwasthere1972
13-08-2018, 09:06 PM
They're just asking for trouble having their supporters so close to the pitch and being able to get right in the faces of the opposition. They are a right ugly bunch as well.

Monktonhall 7
13-08-2018, 09:12 PM
I find myself asking the question having watched the highlights of their win over Celtic.

The vitriol exhibited by three middle aged Jambos who looked close to bursting a blood vessel in straining to shower abuse upon Kieran Tierney, probably the least offensive Celtic player on the pitch, was just bizarre. The spectacle a female Jambo made of herself in seeking to denigrate Leigh Griffiths was extremely odd.

And then there is the adulation shown towards their talismanic goal scorer, Kyle Lafferty. I had a big sigh of relief when he stood Lennon up and signed for the Jambos instead. While Stokes may have not left Easter Road in the way we would have hoped I still remain relieved that he ended up at Easter Road ahead of Lafferty. I would have been embarrassed to see Lafferty up to some of his on field antics while wearing the green and white of Hibernian.

So, a rather curious bunch. Sparryheids, the phrase coined by Irvine Welsh all those years ago, has never been more relevant.

I said exactly that to my mate yesterday. The Coaching staff, backroom staff, players and their crowd are all the same. I don’t think you see that anger at any other club, but then watching that is hardly going to put you in a good mood. Bash,hoof, bash, booking, hoof etc etc etc

Zazu62
13-08-2018, 09:19 PM
They're just asking for trouble having their supporters so close to the pitch and being able to get right in the faces of the opposition. They are a right ugly bunch as well.

It gives them an unfair advantage if u ask me, must be the closest in Britain to the pitch

HibbyAndy
13-08-2018, 09:19 PM
The day Laffatme feigned injury by suggesting Charlie Mulgrew headbutted him is the day i wrote him off there and then as a footballer and as an individual

A horrible horrible player that is is fueled with so much venom and hatred towards every other player , He's a cheat , But then so is pretty much every other hearts player

Despicable human being

Simkin911
13-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Yes

oldbutdim
13-08-2018, 09:25 PM
The day Laffatme feigned injury by suggesting Charlie Mulgrew headbutted him is the day i wrote him off there and then as a footballer and as an individual

A horrible horrible player that is is fueled with so much venom and hatred towards every other player , He's a cheat , But then so is pretty much every other hearts player

Despicable human being

When he blocked off a couple of disabled bays by parking his fancy limo across them I was pretty annoyed.
Had I been given the opportunity I would have ensured he qualified to park in one in future.

To answer the original question posed, yes, the ‘bigteamers’ grow ever weirder, and for some reason ever more furious.

wallpaperman
13-08-2018, 09:29 PM
Undoubtedly they are.

There is a very weird and disturbing thread on kickback about 2 teenage fans who climbed over some seats in the main stand after the game, got involved in an altercation with two older men, and ended up bloodied and battered.

The mother of one of them has posted, the implication is that the men were certainly Hearts fans. Now in the hands of the police. What sort of cretins would set about young lads, regardless of whether they supported the same team or not, which seemed to be the case here.

BegbieHSC
13-08-2018, 09:35 PM

They really are.

For a Celtic player, I quite like Tierney - seems like a genuine, likeable fan living his dream, and isn’t really a dick about it either. Not a guy I would go out of my way to spit vitriol at anyway.

Sparky loves the rage he brings out in the Jambos. They do seem like such an angry bunch these days though. Maybe singing the songs their hun pals across the M8 sing more often, has metamorphosed them into similar, angry and hateful individuals.

HibbyAndy
13-08-2018, 09:39 PM
P.S This song they have and sung yesterday along the lines of 'the gorgie boys are going to europe ' , How utterly cringeworthy considering they aren't in Europe but there BIG rivals are

They really are a weird bunch

Bostonhibby
13-08-2018, 09:48 PM
I don't think it's possible.

It's like asking if dug jobbies in the street are getting browner. Some developmental changes but they're still jobbies.

There were a great many similar looking bloated faces in the crowd against celtc but the only real difference is how like the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers they are becoming. It's bizarrely at odds with the good doctor's vision but there you go.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Greenfly
13-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Are Hearts fans getting weirder?
No - they've always been very weird - it's just that there's so much more football on TV nowadays, social media, cameras in every phone etc. that they appear to be more weird. But the truth is they always have been ... and likely always will be ... I expect it's genetic.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Obsessive weirdos who have become increasingly desperate as the realisation has hit that the fantasy football era is over and their big team pretensions have been disproven.

A couple of generations of Hearts fans know they will never have it so good again and it understandably hurts. It's led to increasingly strange ways to prove they are 'big' and it's turned them into an even angrier bunch.

Jamesie
13-08-2018, 09:53 PM
For a Celtic player, I quite like Tierney - seems like a genuine, likeable fan living his dream, and isn’t really a dick about it either. Not a guy I would go out of my way to spit vitriol at anyway.

Hard to argue with any of that - for a young, talented player he seems to have his head completely screwed on the right way - consistently goes out of his way with autographs, selfies etc. Exactly the type of player you want on your side really.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Hard to argue with any of that - for a young, talented player he seems to have his head completely screwed on the right way - consistently goes out of his way with autographs, selfies etc. Exactly the type of player you want on your side really.

All true - but he's a Taig.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-08-2018, 10:12 PM
They certainly seem to be emerging from under their stones again, to listen to them you'd think they were going to win the league, The Grand Slam, The Ashes and The Boat Race!

BegbieHSC
13-08-2018, 10:20 PM
All true - but he's a Taig.

I suppose that’s the only rational for Hearts and Sevco fans that matters. Honestly quite unsettled by what seems to be a growing sectarian element within a Hearts minority. We have to live with them too.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2018, 11:10 PM
I suppose that’s the only rational for Hearts and Sevco fans that matters. Honestly quite unsettled by what seems to be a growing sectarian element within a Hearts minority. We have to live with them too.

100% they are getting worse and their new ‘Gorgie Boys’ (congratulations on buying a drum 5 years later btw) are not going to help that slide I don’t think. A video from the concourse on Sat was them all singing a new Lafferty song about him hating the IRA whilst waving Union Jacks all over the place. If Tynecastle wasn’t so distinctively shan looking then you would genuinely think the video was from Ibrox. Yet they call us mini Celtic. Nae bother [emoji1360]

green day
13-08-2018, 11:22 PM
Think it depends what section of jambos you get - the slightly older ones are, IMO, ok. These guys have seen it all, including when we had the better of them years ago. I would class them as "normal" football fans.

Its the younger ones that see us as "vermin" "****" or whatever that are kinda worrying. These are the types that in some cases are verging on hard right, loyalist bampots.

These bams think they are in some weird way superior - like I say, it almost feels a far right thing, whether that is design or just their mindset, I dont know?

There are plenty of them to be seen when we are at tynecastle, and their levels of hate for us and celtic is verging on obsessive. Some of the stuff on twitter is beyond belief.

That they have now got themselves semi organised is perhaps even more worrying as individual radges can be dismissed, but groups of them can cause bother.

Austinho
13-08-2018, 11:31 PM
I don’t think they are getting more weird. They’re just getting more Rangers.

Red hand flags, Union Jacks at every turn, songs about fenians, flutes and the IRA. I don’t see the relevance with all of that and a football team in 2018 from Edinburgh, other than to impress their big brothers who they obviously have wigwams in their trousers for. How cute.

mjhibby
13-08-2018, 11:33 PM
They certainly seem to be emerging from under their stones again, to listen to them you'd think they were going to win the league, The Grand Slam, The Ashes and The Boat Race!

Its quite heartwarming to see the faces less contorted knowing full well as the season goes on then reality will sink in. I think their delusion gets stronger by the day and, equate them to the worst fringes of trump supporters. Totally oblivious to how ridiculous they look and when things go Pete tong it's somebody else's fault. Loonies.

Austinho
13-08-2018, 11:39 PM
Since we destroyed their song book, they’ve replaced it with 1 song about a derby run from quarter of a century ago, and the rest with sectarian undertones. Apparently this new singing section is being monitored by the club - won’t be long until Budge shuts it doon 👍🏼

monktonharp
13-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Think it depends what section of jambos you get - the slightly older ones are, IMO, ok. These guys have seen it all, including when we had the better of them years ago. I would class them as "normal" football fansyou might be drinking in some nice boozers, mixing with some nice gorgie minded chaps around your/my age but do ever notice some subtle snidey remarks from these nice chaps?

Baader
14-08-2018, 12:14 AM
Always been a bunch of arrogant fools. Their young fans are even more Hunnish than before though. Deluded idiots almost to a man and it has to be said, wimps. Not to be taken seriously.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 12:20 AM
Undoubtedly they are.

There is a very weird and disturbing thread on kickback about 2 teenage fans who climbed over some seats in the main stand after the game, got involved in an altercation with two older men, and ended up bloodied and battered.

The mother of one of them has posted, the implication is that the men were certainly Hearts fans. Now in the hands of the police. What sort of cretins would set about young lads, regardless of whether they supported the same team or not, which seemed to be the case here.

Just read that thread, all very bizarre stuff it has to be said.

Austinho
14-08-2018, 12:35 AM
It gives them an unfair advantage if u ask me, must be the closest in Britain to the pitchIt's an advantage, but it isn't an unfair one.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2018, 12:36 AM
100% they are getting worse and their new ‘Gorgie Boys’ (congratulations on buying a drum 5 years later btw) are not going to help that slide I don’t think. A video from the concourse on Sat was them all singing a new Lafferty song about him hating the IRA whilst waving Union Jacks all over the place. If Tynecastle wasn’t so distinctively shan looking then you would genuinely think the video was from Ibrox. Yet they call us mini Celtic. Nae bother [emoji1360]

I find that kind of sad in a way. The Jambos I know, who to be fair are all in their 40s or older, never gave me the impression that they wanted to get involved in this nonsense and certainly don't want to see it at Hearts games.

In the past I've railed against any sign of us going down the route of bringing the bad old days back to Easter Road, for no other reason than I could see a reaction to it across the city, turning the Edinburgh derby into a poor man's version of Glasgow's bigot fest. Now there seems to be a growing trend for the younger Hearts fans to turn their club into a mini The Rangers which appears to be growing. All I would say to Hibs fans, and especially our younger crew who have done a great job in recent years, is if this does become 'a thing' with the Hearts fans then please don't react to it in kind … we are better and cleverer than that.

yonder1875
14-08-2018, 02:49 AM
I don’t think they are getting more weird. They’re just getting more Rangers.

Red hand flags, Union Jacks at every turn, songs about fenians, flutes and the IRA. I don’t see the relevance with all of that and a football team in 2018 from Edinburgh, other than to impress their big brothers who they obviously have wigwams in their trousers for. How cute.

This.

They are definitely getting more and more like Rangers, which I do not understand as Rangers are the least cool football club in the world that are hated by everyone?

capitals_finest
14-08-2018, 04:33 AM
They are like the school bullies shan mate, the one that s******s at everything but hides behind their back.

BullsCloseHibs
14-08-2018, 05:06 AM
They are, quite simply, odd and different from anyone else (although their blue cousins are an altogether different and worrying species).

stuart-farquhar
14-08-2018, 05:19 AM
I've never liked them. Have nothing to do with them.

Always found the ones i was forced to be in the company of to be... well... ********s.

stuart-farquhar
14-08-2018, 05:20 AM
Aerosols

FilipinoHibs
14-08-2018, 05:26 AM
you might be drinking in some nice boozers, mixing with some nice gorgie minded chaps around your/my age but do ever notice some subtle snidey remarks from these nice chaps?
Yes they have had the Sinday remarks since Romanov. Long before they went bust I met some in a pub in Leith and they giving it the big one. I said I would rather be financially solvent than be in hoc to a Lithuanian bank with the possibility of losing everything. They looked at me blankly. How close it came to that!

hibsbollah
14-08-2018, 05:49 AM
They've always been like that.

This season in particular they are revelling in the 'no one likes us' Millwall thing. For a while now Leveins antics have annoyed most of the Scottish football media, and the club just aren't that popular with other teams fans, who see them for what they are. Also, most pundits were roundly mocking hertz' pre season transfer policy pre season of signing anyone they could find with a pulse and predicting another season behind their local rivals.

Now the seasons started, hey've hammered Hamilton away 4-1 and beat Celtic at home 1-0, two very good results, and their signings don't look as bad as we were being told. And they are wasting no time in telling the world about it.

It's only two games. When they've won their first ten games and haven't sacked their manager, then I'll start worrying.

banarc7062
14-08-2018, 08:36 AM
It gives them an unfair advantage if u ask me, must be the closest in Britain to the pitch

Could be as a result of their poor small pitch. Nae room between pitch and "fans". Got to squeeze their 400,000 in somehow.

GreenArmyyy!
14-08-2018, 08:39 AM
I think they’re the worst in Scotland in terms of abusing and attacking opposition players/managers. Personally think it’s small man mentality, they give it the big I am to players they know aren’t going to retaliate. Sad and pathetic creatures.

One Day Soon
14-08-2018, 08:45 AM
No they're not.

They already maxed out on being weird, it's just that now they're coming back out from under their stones following their first two results.

They are still in our wake and I don't expect that to change this season. Two wins do not a football season make and given that the second one entailed 5 yellow cards in that game alone they will struggle to sustain that level of fouling their way to parity throughout a season as they constantly lose players to suspension.

They're strapped for cash and there's no doubt that the siege mentality is a deliberate messaging campaign to bind the support to the club as cover for their broader problems. The whole stadium debacle tells you everything you need to know both about how poorly run the place is and the shortage of funding available to provide proper strategic planning, investment and delivery.

Elephant Stone
14-08-2018, 08:50 AM
They are an incredibly confused group of people with a serious identity problem and really pish banter. They like to throw about words like 'vermin' and occupy some sort of moral high ground when they're talking about the Old Firm yet they are one of the very, very few clubs in the world who can be said to have a bigoted support themselves.

They also seemingly HATE plastic Irish Celtic fans and yet..

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/05/1309284.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=682&h=400&crop=1

WeeRussell
14-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Come on, let’s be fair.

If our entire songbook/enjoyment/existence was based around one result against them coupled with the fact they hadn’t won a particular trophy in a long time.. only for it all to go to pot, with them rising high above us in every sense... we would be the exact same :)

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-08-2018, 10:49 AM
I think they’re the worst in Scotland in terms of abusing and attacking opposition players/managers. Personally think it’s small man mentality, they give it the big I am to players they know aren’t going to retaliate. Sad and pathetic creatures.

And they continually get away with it. The SFA really need to do something here before it gets out of hand. Animals.

JimBHibees
14-08-2018, 10:53 AM
And they continually get away with it. The SFA really need to do something here before it gets out of hand. Animals.

I agree only a matter of time before a player gets a sore one from being too close to the fans. The number of times the ball is thrown at a player or hysterically thrown away from a player is embarrassing and it appears stewards/police do nothing about it. Their ball boys are obviously trained to really slowly walk with the ball and hand it over rather than throwing it to an opposition player.

Personally think the first 2 rows should be removed in all the stands due to safety of the players.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2018, 11:08 AM
They are an incredibly confused group of people with a serious identity problem and really pish banter. They like to throw about words like 'vermin' and occupy some sort of moral high ground when they're talking about the Old Firm yet they are one of the very, very few clubs in the world who can be said to have a bigoted support themselves.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/05/1309284.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=682&h=400&crop=1

To be fair even their stewards are bloody weird ….. one of them in that picture appears to have his head on backwards :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2018, 11:13 AM
I know it doesn’t hold much weight coming from me but I watched that game on Saturday and did think they were worse than normal. As soon as a balls near the touch line they’re leaning over the wall to shout and spit abuse - no matter who. I get Griffiths to an extent but it was everyone.

Translated onto the pitch as well - I can’t remember Naismith ever being so “mental”.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2018, 11:30 AM
I know it doesn’t hold much weight coming from me but I watched that game on Saturday and did think they were worse than normal. As soon as a balls near the touch line they’re leaning over the wall to shout and spit abuse - no matter who. I get Griffiths to an extent but it was everyone.

Translated onto the pitch as well - I can’t remember Naismith ever being so “mental”.

I was talking about this to my mate on Sunday. I remember Naismith as a hard working player who wasn't afraid of a challenge and to be fair to him was always pretty effective on the pitch. But the version who plays for them is a dirty wee scrote who just cant help leaving a foot in or putting a sly wee stamp on another player with the ball yards away…. you have to wonder how long it will be before the other players in the league decide its time to give a bit back because if you include this last game he could have been punished retrospectively by the SPFL a number of times and for some reason hasn't been.

If he tries that stuff with Ryan Porteous he better hope the kid stays down, I don't think I've see a Hibs defender slam into tackles like him since the days of Eric Schaedler or latterly Willie Miller.

allezsauzee
14-08-2018, 12:37 PM
They certainly have more than their fair share of bitter and obsessed fans although I think we have a few as well judging by the number of "look what they are saying on kickback" threads that appear on here.

Keith_M
14-08-2018, 12:41 PM
I agree only a matter of time before a player gets a sore one from being too close to the fans. The number of times the ball is thrown at a player or hysterically thrown away from a player is embarrassing and it appears stewards/police do nothing about it. Their ball boys are obviously trained to really slowly walk with the ball and hand it over rather than throwing it to an opposition player.

Personally think the first 2 rows should be removed in all the stands due to safety of the players.

:agree:

I think the SFA/SPFL should insist on a minimum of 5 yards between the fans and the pitch. There's no way that's the case currently at Tineycastle.

It's either that or make them put the fences back up.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 02:02 PM
To be fair even their stewards are bloody weird ….. one of them in that picture appears to have his head on backwards :confused:

I'm going to stick my neck out here, that picture is no different to us when we take tri colours to Tynecastle and Ibrox and give it the big I am just to wind them up. We cant take moral high ground on pictures like this There I said it.

Eyrie
14-08-2018, 07:27 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out here, that picture is no different to us when we take tri colours to Tynecastle and Ibrox and give it the big I am just to wind them up. We cant take moral high ground on pictures like this There I said it.

And it was worth saying. We don't want a few idiots dragging our club into that sort of outdated nonsense.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Maybe. Might just be more obvious at their wee ground - less hiding places.

Hermit Crab
And it was worth saying. We don't want a few idiots dragging our club into that sort of outdated nonsense.

Cheers, I fully expected to get slaughtered for that. Fully agree with your second sentence as well. :agree:

adhibs

Check the state of the two's arms in front the flag. Looks like their being controlled by puppet masters in bridgeton.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Maybe. Might just be more obvious at their wee ground - less hiding places.

Nah, it seems like people go out their way to take these things to these grounds with the sole purpose of waving it at opposing fans instead of watching the game.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2018, 07:36 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out here, that picture is no different to us when we take tri colours to Tynecastle and Ibrox and give it the big I am just to wind them up. We cant take moral high ground on pictures like this There I said it.I'm the same. The less of this we see the better.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2018, 07:42 PM
Nah, it seems like people go out their way to take these things to these grounds with the sole purpose of waving it at opposing fans instead of watching the game.

Sorry just realised you were talking about flags. I was meaning the mental behaviour of their fans in leaning over and going radge at anyone within 10 metres.

Joe6-2
14-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Check the state of the two's arms in front the flag. Looks like their being controlled by puppet masters in bridgeton.

Not a scarf in sight

SideBurns
14-08-2018, 07:52 PM

It is completely different - Hearts have no historical links with Northern Ireland, Hibs fans have very legitimate reasons for flying the Irish flag should they wish to do so (whether you like it or not).

I couldn't let it go, but you started it 😁. Now, can the thread go back to discussing the weirdness of the Jambos?

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 07:59 PM
It is completely different - Hearts have no historical links with Northern Ireland, Hibs fans have very legitimate reasons for flying the Irish flag should they wish to do so (whether you like it or not).

I couldn't let it go, but you started it ��. Now, can the thread go back to discussing the weirdness of the Jambos?

Is that right? Why only Tynecastle and Ibrox then? There wasn't any at St Johnstone and I never seen any in Greece, Faroes or at home to Motherwell. Don't give me this is our history pish, they're taken for one reason only and thats to wind up the opposing fans and fine you know it

Glory Lurker
14-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Here we go!

WoreTheGreen
14-08-2018, 08:01 PM

I couldn't let it go, but you started it 😁. Now, can the thread go back to discussing the weirdness of the Jambos?

Did they no win the battle of the boyne . They’ve won so many wars

SideBurns
14-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Is that right? Why only Tynecastle and Ibrox then? There wasn't any at St Johnstone and I never seen any in Greece, Faroes or at home to Motherwell. Don't give me this is our history pish, they're taken for one reason only and thats to wind up the opposing fans and fine you know it

Oh, undoubtedly some take the tricolour to Tynie and Ibrox to wind up the bigots who seem to hate Irish Catholics for some reason. I completely agree. It doesn't change the fact that those same fans could make a legitimate argument for carrying the flag. Which is more than the Jambos can do. We're not gonnae agree on this though, so let's not ruin a nice wee thread about the Jambos being weird...

Bostonhibby
14-08-2018, 08:08 PM
Did they no win the battle of the boyne . They’ve won so many wars

The Battling Boing's I think it was if you want to be historically correct.

All these folk know their history..don't just randomly wave about flags without knowing where they come from or what they represent.

Actually the poppy thieves one in the picture looks like it just came straight out the packet, You can still see the creases.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Oh, undoubtedly some take the tricolour to Tynie and Ibrox to wind up the bigots who seem to hate Irish Catholics for some reason. I completely agree. It doesn't change the fact that those same fans could make a legitimate argument for carrying the flag. Which is more than the Jambos can do. We're not gonnae agree on this though, so let's not ruin a nice wee thread about the Jambos being weird...

:aok: No probs.

where'stheslope
14-08-2018, 08:18 PM

At first looking at the picture, I thought it was a flash back to the Casuals?
No scarfs no badges, and don't appear to watch the football either????

Bostonhibby
14-08-2018, 08:20 PM
No scarfs no badges, and don't appear to watch the football either????

Trading standards mug shot for prosecuting the purveyors of fake Sports Direct gear was the first thought that flashed through my mind.

Carheenlea
14-08-2018, 09:02 PM

There was one at St Johnstone - a group of young fans down the front a couple of sections from the Saints fans. Was waved at the saints fans purely to noise them up, but it was a lame sight.

timewilltell
14-08-2018, 09:07 PM
This is a wierd thread....

skankomcphee
14-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Was talking to my wee cousin who is 22 and goes to a place called Club Tipsy on a Sunday night. It’s a sort of early to mid 20s type of place with all sorts of music that I know nothing about.

It’s maybe not the type of place you’d expect to see a 40-something ex Hearts manager and two of his pals, also presumably Jamboids, on a night out, so you can imagine my wee cousin’s surprise. The three of them are pictured on the club’s facebook page, as below - I think one of them might even be trying the 5-1 gesture.

All pretty tragic really.

https://m.facebook.com/ClubTipsy/photos/a.1474507159315773.1073742125.103476629752173/1474507412649081/

Lancs Harp
14-08-2018, 10:07 PM
The Battling Boing's I think it was if you want to be historically correct.

All these folk know their history..don't just randomly wave about flags without knowing where they come from or what they represent.

Actually the poppy thieves one in the picture looks like it just came straight out the packet, You can still see the creases.

His Mum might have ironed it for him pre match.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2018, 11:17 PM

Not sure why you quoted my post saying it looked like the stewards head was on backwards in order to say this, I cant see the correlation for the life of me mate :greengrin

I suppose you have a point HC …. but as another poster said at least our club does have a historical connection with the Irish flag, I don't think the Jambos can say the same about Ulster flags, unless its some sort of half assed Kyle Laughatme tribute. For me I could care less if I never see another tricolour at ER … there's plenty of Green & White options out there if folk want to wave a flag … the Green & White saltire being my favourite and of course the Nigerian flag is bang on, especially considering we have a Nigerian in the team.

Elephant Stone
14-08-2018, 11:32 PM

You've missed my point big time, I'm not taking any moral stance on this photo, I'm saying that they seem to loathe Celtic for being 'plastic paddies' and yet they have a few plastic Irish of their own.

And I definitely wouldn't say there is anything plastic or offensive in taking an Irish tricolour when you support a team called Hibernian :hilarious

monktonharp
15-08-2018, 12:13 AM
I was talking about this to my mate on Sunday. I remember Naismith as a hard working player who wasn't afraid of a challenge and to be fair to him was always pretty effective on the pitch. But the version who plays for them is a dirty wee scrote who just cant help leaving a foot in or putting a sly wee stamp on another player with the ball yards away…. you have to wonder how long it will be before the other players in the league decide its time to give a bit back because if you include this last game he could have been punished retrospectively by the SPFL a number of times and for some reason hasn't been.

If he tries that stuff with Ryan Porteous he better hope the kid stays down, I don't think I've see a Hibs defender slam into tackles like him since the days of Eric Schaedler or latterly Willie Miller.:agree:the Bingham keelie, (Willie Miller) would not give him time to impose himself or his style on such a game. :wink:

monktonharp
15-08-2018, 12:17 AM
I'm going to stick my neck out here, not like you Hermit. there I said it :wink:

lord bunberry
15-08-2018, 12:19 AM
I feel a bit sorry for them at times. When they’re not watching their own team play turgid hoof ball, they turn on the tv and see their city rivals playing a brand of football they can only dream about. They have to pretend to hate the proclaimers because they’re hibs fans. They think the cardigan is the ideal choice for a smart casual affair. They no matter what the weather have to hand wash the rover 75 in their Barberton drive ways every Sunday. The highest their aspirations ever reach is affording a house in balerno. They’re only holiday is a week down in Eyemouth with George and Isa for the couple swapping. And they have to live with the constant nagging disappointment that they didn’t make it onto the committee of the local bowling club.

monktonharp
15-08-2018, 12:24 AM
No scarfs no badges, and don't appear to watch the football either????surprisingly, the age group looks 19/20 max. in the photie

monktonharp
15-08-2018, 12:27 AM
I feel a bit sorry for them at times. When they’re not watching their own team play turgid hoof ball, they turn on the tv and see their city rivals playing a brand of football they can only dream about. They have to pretend to hate the proclaimers because they’re hibs fans. They think the cardigan is the ideal choice for a smart casual affair. They no matter what the weather have to hand wash the rover 75 in their Barberton drive ways every Sunday. The highest their aspirations ever reach is affording a house in balerno. They’re only holiday is a week down in Eyemouth with George and Isa for the couple swapping. And they have to live with the constant nagging disappointment that they didn’t make it onto the committee of the local bowling club.

:tee hee:take care, you might be in that bracket some day:greengrin

monktonharp
15-08-2018, 12:34 AM
I think Keekaboo has a valid point though, they are allowed to be far too close for comfort, to players from any opposition in the league. It will unnerve a lot of young players and no doubt it is designed as such but are there any rules on this? there are historical instances with this issue and the particular one that springs to mind was Fan v Lennon, with no protection initially by stewards.

FilipinoHibs
15-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Was talking to my wee cousin who is 22 and goes to a place called Club Tipsy on a Sunday night. It’s a sort of early to mid 20s type of place with all sorts of music that I know nothing about.

It’s maybe not the type of place you’d expect to see a 40-something ex Hearts manager and two of his pals, also presumably Jamboids, on a night out, so you can imagine my wee cousin’s surprise. The three of them are pictured on the club’s facebook page, as below - I think one of them might even be trying the 5-1 gesture.

https://m.facebook.com/ClubTipsy/photos/a.1474507159315773.1073742125.103476629752173/1474507412649081/

I have made the appropriate comment!

kaimendhibs
15-08-2018, 11:01 AM
A lot of them are complete and utter morons. How many other grounds do you see folk hanging over the barrier screaming in players faces because they are going to take a throw in? Holding onto the ball then throwing it away? Aresholes. The stewards are as bad because they allow it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
15-08-2018, 11:09 AM

I'm 29 and would feel awkward there, why he is there is something I don't want to know.

oldbutdim
15-08-2018, 11:21 AM

There was a big tricolour at the front of the stand. It was waved quite a lot - you might not have seen the flag but may have heard the Tractordrivers response of "What the ****in hell is that?"

15-08-2018, 11:23 AM
https://twitter.com/limitlessdavid1/status/1028312112966316032?s=21

Bizarre

Carheenlea
15-08-2018, 11:26 AM

Bizarre

They’re trying I suppose, but might need to accept at some point that they can’t really do football songs.

IGRIGI
15-08-2018, 11:28 AM

Bizarre

Had to laugh at the "What's the drummer doing Tom?" comment 😆

15-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Why don’t they know any lyrics until the last two lines? Weird.

cleanyman
15-08-2018, 11:33 AM
I find Hibs fans just as weird.

Probably an Edinburgh thing.

Joe6-2
15-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Good grief

Billy Whizz
15-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Bizarre

They’ll only have until this weekend to be singing this song. Terrible lyrics but quite a catchy tune

HibeeHibernian4
15-08-2018, 01:22 PM
They’ll only have until this weekend to be singing this song. Terrible lyrics but quite a catchy tune

It is, too bad it's Celtic's.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2018, 01:25 PM

Bizarre

Very! Theres grown men there signing that....:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
15-08-2018, 01:26 PM
It is, too bad it's Celtic's.

Didn’t know that. Thinks like IRA etc don’t belong in football

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2018, 01:45 PM
They’ve copied the Stuart Armstrong song from Celtic, kept most of it the same but added in a line about the IRA, as you do.

HibeeHibernian4
15-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Not sure if it's a backlash against Budge or whatever, but there are a lot more young bigots in their support now, who seem hellbent on turning them into an Edinburgh Rangers supporters club. Pathetic really.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Not sure if it's a backlash against Budge or whatever, but there are a lot more young bigots in their support now, who seem hellbent on turning them into an Edinburgh Rangers supporters club. Pathetic really.

She won't put up with that, as soon as they really step out of line she'll ban them, in fact I wouldn't put it past her to close section G or N if their behaviour is that bad.

woodyhfc4892
16-08-2018, 09:52 AM
They’ve copied the Stuart Armstrong song from Celtic, kept most of it the same but added in a line about the IRA, as you do.

Sure it’s something about lafferty hating the IRA.. think they had one last season for Cowie that they mentioned the IRA in as well. Just diet huns really

SideBurns
16-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Sure it’s something about lafferty hating the IRA.. think they had one last season for Cowie that they mentioned the IRA in as well. Just diet huns really

To be fair, most of their songs used to be about us but that went oot the windae on 21.5.16, so it's only natural they should change the focus of their hatred to a defunct paramilitary organisation. Hopefully it will remain a shabby wee minority who indulge.

Chic Murray
16-08-2018, 11:22 AM
They are the club that admits their entire operating ethos is "we don't get beaten by Hibs". Is it any wonder they are in such meltdown?

Kato
16-08-2018, 11:24 AM
To be fair, most of their songs used to be about us but that went oot the windae on 21.5.16, so it's only natural they should change the focus of their hatred to a defunct paramilitary organisation. Hopefully it will remain a shabby wee minority who indulge.

It's a good thing that their chants are bedded so deeply in ancient history. Hopefully some future chants featuring Boudica, the Boxer Insurgency, the Hussites, the Shimabara Rebellion or The Li Zicheng Uprising - keep up the historical content, great education for d'yoot.

Chic Murray
16-08-2018, 12:05 PM
His Mum might have ironed it for him pre match.

In fairness, he did have a go himself, but kept falling off the flagpole.

Bostonhibby
16-08-2018, 12:09 PM
In fairness, he did have a go himself, but kept falling off the flagpole.[emoji23][emoji23]

JimBHibees
16-08-2018, 12:10 PM
She won't put up with that, as soon as they really step out of line she'll ban them, in fact I wouldn't put it past her to close section G or N if their behaviour is that bad.

You think. Seem to remember she wasnt shy at having a pop about Celtic re their song book just after she took over yet has conveniently gone quiet with her own fans. Quite disappointing as it does need more owners / leaders to speak out about this. Would prefer strict liability for clubs rather than the slow progression back to the abhorrent songs of the past raising their heads as they are clearly doing.

Eyrie
16-08-2018, 07:41 PM
You think. Seem to remember she wasnt shy at having a pop about Celtic re their song book just after she took over yet has conveniently gone quiet with her own fans. Quite disappointing as it does need more owners / leaders to speak out about this. Would prefer strict liability for clubs rather than the slow progression back to the abhorrent songs of the past raising their heads as they are clearly doing.

Agree on the strict liability.

Start with a couple of warnings, then a couple of fines, and finally points deductions.

Only the hard core idiots will be left singing, which will make it easier for clubs to ban them.

And the rest of us can enjoy football in the 21st century.

A Hi-Bee
16-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Have said it before so will say this one more time they are not just ****ing weird they are in fact
Irrelevant.

Ryan91
16-08-2018, 09:07 PM
They seem to be wetting themselves in delight at us getting knocked out tonight.

How did Hearts get on in Europe this season? Anyone?

:dunno:

Lancs Harp
16-08-2018, 09:16 PM
They seem to be wetting themselves in delight at us getting knocked out tonight.

Lafferty managed 10 pints in one night in a bar in Magaluf or so I heard.

Bostonhibby
16-08-2018, 09:17 PM

:dunno:I think they were so traumatised after capitulating to a part time team from Malta in the first round the last time around that they are secretly delighted they won 6th place in the league and managed to avoid European football. Focusing on their quest for the league cup and fiddling wins against the likes of Cove Rangers is the future..

Ryan91
16-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Lafferty managed 10 pints in one night in a bar in Magaluf or so I heard.

A fine achievement, gosh how I wish we had some ex-Hun huddy that could do the same at Hibs.

We can only look on in amazement at our pink chums from Gorgie.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-08-2018, 09:58 PM
It's when we start getting beaten at home with dish washers,barmen and fishermen from Malta then we can start worrying.

WeeRussell
17-08-2018, 02:05 PM

It's very strange. I have no issue with them sitting willing us out of the competition every game we played, as we would be exactly the same.

But there's a whole thread dedicated to us and how they're feeling about the result with numerous posts.. also the referencing to us "hibsing" it etc, all very weird. Fair enough if it was the part time faroes team that smashed us out. But we went out 2-0 away from home to a relatively decent European outfit, and did well to get as close as we did to the playoffs. Surely this is just kickback as opposed to the general jambo population... as while I've no doubt we on Hibs.net would all be happy that their european journey was finally over... I can't think for a second we'd be going to the lengths they are over there.

We gave a good account of ourselves. I think they're making more of our result last night than we did over their embarrassing exit 2 years ago :confused:

Very weird indeed.

Chic Murray
17-08-2018, 02:20 PM
It's very strange. I have no issue with them sitting willing us out of the competition every game we played, as we would be exactly the same.

But there's a whole thread dedicated to us and how they're feeling about the result with numerous posts.. also the referencing to us "hibsing" it etc, all very weird. Fair enough if it was the part time faroes team that smashed us out. But we went out 2-0 away from home to a relatively decent European outfit, and did well to get as close as we did to the playoffs. Surely this is just kickback as opposed to the general jambo population... as while I've no doubt we on Hibs.net would all be happy that their european journey was finally over... I can't think for a second we'd be going to the lengths they are over there.

We gave a good account of ourselves. I think they're making more of our result last night than we did over their embarrassing exit 2 years ago :confused:

Very weird indeed.

At least they have one thing that unites them, because scratch the surface and that is one dysfunctional bunch of supporters. About to get another kick in the nads with Lafferty signing off.

This will be the amusing season, as they slowly realise that there has been a seismic shift in the balance of power in Edinburgh football. Without Berra, without Lafferty they will be easily beaten.

Famous Fiver
17-08-2018, 03:33 PM
No Lafferty (in the next few days), no Berra, yet they are going to smash the league apparently.

Oh ma sides............

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Genuinely had a Jambo tell me Lafferty won’t leave cause he loves it at hearts...

Aye right pal, that’s why his representatives met with hearts to discuss his future

biggineurope
18-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Always been weird................... dazed,confused,disillusioned, oh aye and extremely PLUG UGG.