PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section Relocation This Sunday

Since1875Hibs
13-08-2018, 07:51 PM
This Sunday brings the start of our League Cup campaign. With expected attendance looking around half of what we’ve been bringing through the gates recently this presents a good opportunity to try something different for the Singing Section.

Therefore, the section will be behind the goals in the FF Lower for this match. Only 10% of tickets are currently sold here with the rest on public sale now.

There has been a significant amount of feedback on the current location of the section and also suggestions from the support as to where it should be. This provides an excellent opportunity to trial that suggestion, which also matches our long term aim on where the section should be permanently.

We appreciate this may not be everyone’s cup of tea; however with 90% of tickets available it would appear this section is likely to be fairly empty come kick off Sunday as things stand

We’d encourage supporters to purchase their ticket for Section 18 asap, starting with the front rows. We hope to see those supporters who have supported this idea on Sunday.

GGTTH

Since 1875

Hermit Crab
13-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Good idea, closer to the action, will be heard by all, players included. :aok:

Billy Whizz
13-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Well done on you guys and girls. Hope it works out for you

Hibbyradge
13-08-2018, 07:53 PM
I don't know if it's important or not, but has the club agreed to this idea?

Since1875Hibs
13-08-2018, 07:56 PM

We have simply purchased available tickets in this section thos evening and encourage other likeminded fans to do the same. We’ve done this off our own accord. We reguarly engage with the club on a number of matters.

Dancehibs
13-08-2018, 07:58 PM
I not sure why they would need to. Seats are free for anyone to buy. Good luck hopefully there is a good turnout in this section

Elephant Stone
13-08-2018, 07:59 PM
If you want to encourage other folk to join in then the back of the east is the best option by a mile. Hope to see you back there eventually.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2018, 08:00 PM
If you want to encourage other folk to join in then the back of the east is the best option by a mile. Hope to see you back there eventually.

I disagree. The visibility in FFL is great for the team and the rest of the fans

Hibbyradge
13-08-2018, 08:01 PM
We have simply purchased available tickets in this section thos evening and encourage other likeminded fans to do the same. We’ve done this off our own accord. We reguarly engage with the club on a number of matters.

It's all good.

I just wondered if the club were trialing a new location.

Keith_M
13-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Good idea.

Hopefully everybody that said that's where it should be will actually join you.

Elephant Stone
13-08-2018, 08:02 PM
I disagree. The visibility in FFL is great for the team and the rest of the fans

Are they more visible there than in the East? There are so many more folk in the East who will join in with a song than in the FF.

Since1875Hibs
13-08-2018, 08:04 PM
Good idea.

Hopefully everybody that said that's where it should be will actually join you.

This. We’re patiently waiting the section to sell out with those who suggested/committed to move to this location ;)

Billy Whizz
13-08-2018, 08:04 PM
Are they more visible there than in the East? There are so many more folk in the East who will join in with a song than in the FF.

Think a band at bottom of FFL is more visible than East, just my opinion though
That’s where they want to be, so got to let them give it a go. Was a small band at St Johnstone just behind the goals as well

Fuzzywuzzy
13-08-2018, 08:06 PM
My laddie will be well chuffed they're along from us. Always having a neb to see what's going on up top

Blaster
13-08-2018, 08:06 PM
I know very few have bought tickets so far but those that have may have their view obstructed if you guys are all standing. Could this not have been communicated before now

Would section 20 at the end not been better??

Elephant Stone
13-08-2018, 08:10 PM
That’s where they want to be, so got to let them give it a go. Was a small band at St Johnstone just behind the goals as well

Fair enough! I just think it you're wanting other folk to join in then you need people sitting in front of you and around you who are gonna join in. It's wasted down low next to the pitch. Atmosphere was outstanding when they were at the back of section 43.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2018, 08:15 PM
I know very few have bought tickets so far but those that have may have their view obstructed if you guys are all standing. Could this not have been communicated before now

To be honest its a bit of tough luck, I don't mean that in a bad way but we have been saying the singing section should be moved to the lower or the east stand. We cant complain when they do. Theres thousands of other seats to choose from and the FFL is the always the most sparsely populated section of the ground so I think they're doing nothing wrong by moving. All in my opinion though.

gando
13-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Perfect game to try it. People been saying it’s the ideal location so why not try it out! Great stuff

Blaster
13-08-2018, 08:17 PM
To be honest its a bit of tough luck, I don't mean that in a bad way but we have been saying the singing section should be moved to the lower or the east stand. We cant complain when they do. Theres thousands of other seats to choose from and the FFL is the always the most sparsely populated section of the ground so I think they're doing nothing wrong by moving. All in my opinion though.

Fair enough. Just think it could have been announced before some folk bought tickets for a family section. And for the record my son is in section 16 and will love it 😂.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Fair enough! I just think it you're wanting other folk to join in then you need people sitting in front of you and around you who are gonna join in. It's wasted down low next to the pitch. Atmosphere was outstanding when they were at the back of section 43.

It was if you sat in Sect 43(which I do). I was over in hospitality a couple of games in the West though and the noise didn’t travel well from Sect 43. Unless we fill in the corners I don’t think sound from one section will ever carry around the stadium well. Middle section behind the goals should defo be the best section, for a number of reasons. It’s where almost all ‘singing sections’ are situated if you go to games in other countries. Hope Sunday goes well. Won’t be the best game for atmosphere but hopefully it gives an idea of how that section could work moving forward [emoji1360]

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Well done, i hope its a great success.

IGRIGI
13-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Good location, hope it's possible long term, would look great on TV.

BegbieHSC
13-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Shame there’s dozens of unused season tickets in section 18, preventing a permanent move for Since1875...

Jamesie
13-08-2018, 09:07 PM

When I think back to games I have attended on the continent, especially Germany and Italy, the singing / ultra section has always been right behind one of the goals, so this makes sense to me.

Since1875Hibs
13-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Disappointingly, without contact, Hibs appeared to have removed the entire lower tier from online sale. Despite over 90 tickets being sold since this post.

We’ll be in touch with the club first thing to understand the rationale for this.

Very disappointing end to the evening.

hibee-boys
13-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Disappointingly, without contact, Hibs appeared to have removed the entire lower tier from online sale. Despite over 90 tickets being sold since this post.

We’ll be in touch with the club first thing to understand the rationale for this.

Sounds like, without contact with the club, you decided to move the singing section....might have been a good idea to run it passed them first.

And for the record I think you guys do a great job, sooner you're back in the east or to lower FF, anywhere but stuck away in that top corner, the better!

HTD1875
13-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Hibs maybe just wanting clarity on the plans, don’t think they can stop individuals buying tickets for a certain area of the ground. Especially famous five lower which is usually empty for cup games. You could choose a prime seat in the east/west at the same price.

SquashedFrogg
13-08-2018, 09:41 PM

That area of the stadium is aimed for families. I guess the club are rightly ensuring that remains the case. Seems sensible and fair.

Johnny Clash
13-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Well done for continuing to try to improve the atmosphere.

danhibees1875
13-08-2018, 09:51 PM
It's a positive move on the whole - that section behind the goal seems a great place if the section doesn't want to be in the east again.

The flip side to having the opportunity to move this Sunday though is that the attendance will likely be relatively small and the atmosphere a bit flat regardless.

GreenCastle
13-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Best place for it - hopefully it works out - ideally long term family section moves to lower west and then Famous Five lower is a place well known in Scotland for the best supporters section adding to the good work those already bring to ER.

hibbysam
13-08-2018, 11:01 PM
That area of the stadium is aimed for families. I guess the club are rightly ensuring that remains the case. Seems sensible and fair.

For a game which will have such a low attendance, we should be encouraging anyone to buy tickets, regardless if young, old or whatever. What happens when West/East sold out for other games? Should older guys or girls without kids just not go because the FF is only for families? About time we relaxed pricing in all areas and let people sit where they want to sit.

Atmosphere will be horrific if the boys aren’t there Sunday.

Archie89
13-08-2018, 11:52 PM

Does the singing section stand during the game? Just wondering if I need to hold my 6 year old up in the air for 90 minutes.

Austinho
14-08-2018, 12:04 AM
This Sunday brings the start of our League Cup campaign. With expected attendance looking around half of what we’ve been bringing through the gates recently this presents a good opportunity to try something different for the Singing Section.

Therefore, the section will be behind the goals in the FF Lower for this match. Only 10% of tickets are currently sold here with the rest on public sale now.

There has been a significant amount of feedback on the current location of the section and also suggestions from the support as to where it should be. This provides an excellent opportunity to trial that suggestion, which also matches our long term aim on where the section should be permanently.

We appreciate this may not be everyone’s cup of tea; however with 90% of tickets available it would appear this section is likely to be fairly empty come kick off Sunday as things stand

We’d encourage supporters to purchase their ticket for Section 18 asap, starting with the front rows. We hope to see those supporters who have supported this idea on Sunday.

GGTTH

Since 1875Good on you for listening to feedback. I think a one off trial is an excellent idea.

Both the singing section and the family section are fundamental to the success of the club, and hopefully Hibs are able to come to solution that works for everyone.

houstonhibbee
14-08-2018, 12:42 AM
Does the singing section stand during the game? Just wondering if I need to hold my 6 year old up in the air for 90 minutes.

Probably would have been a good idea to consult over this so that no one is put out and given the opportunity to move for this one game - even if its only a handful of folk.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 12:57 AM
I’ve been trying to buy tickets in the FF lower, but the whole stand doesn’t seem to be available. I think having the singing section down there will be a great idea.

edit. I’ve just seen the reason why, pretty disappointing from hibs tbh. The stand will be almost empty on Sunday.

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 01:02 AM
For a game which will have such a low attendance, we should be encouraging anyone to buy tickets, regardless if young, old or whatever. What happens when West/East sold out for other games? Should older guys or girls without kids just not go because the FF is only for families? About time we relaxed pricing in all areas and let people sit where they want to sit.

Atmosphere will be horrific if the boys aren’t there Sunday.

If there's going to be such a low attendance why not coordinate people to sit elsewhere then?

The FF5 lower has been designated a family area for years and until the club change this it will remain so. Regardless of crowd on Sunday.

Loads of options elsewhere if people want to actively coordinate a mass gathering.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 01:10 AM
If there's going to be such a low attendance why not coordinate people to sit elsewhere then?

The FF5 lower has been designated a family area for years and until the club change this it will remain so. Regardless of crowd on Sunday.

Loads of options elsewhere if people want to actively coordinate a mass gathering.
The club can’t stop people buying seats in the ff lower if that’s where they want to go. I spent a season in the ff lower and it’s anything but family friendly.

Archie89
14-08-2018, 01:16 AM
The club can’t stop people buying seats in the ff lower if that’s where they want to go.

They can, and they have.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2018, 01:17 AM
With kids tickets in the FF lower being £25 I don't see why Hibs cant just do this for the West lower, the north end of the East and the FF upper. This would easily cater for the number of folk who have kids tickets in the FF lower and distribute the swathes of empty seats we see in the FF at most league games a bit more evenly around the stadium.

In all honesty I for one am getting a bit fed up of hearing all the usual stuff that gets trotted out about the empty seats in the FF lower. According to Hibs this section is so popular that they are talking about moving adults whose kids have grown up out of there to meet demand for seats. But at practically every game there are hundreds of those allegedly gold dust like seats empty and IMO its making the clubs claims of 16, 17 and 18,000 crowds look like nonsense, especially to anybody watching on the telly.
They cant be on holiday all the bloody time, so where the hell are they every Saturday or Sunday because its the same throughout the season, when I was a kid if my mum could have afforded to take me to the football I would have screamed the house down if she had said, sorry we aint going this weekend. IMO there's something else going on here and as a result this section which is utterly coveted by a dedicated group of our supporters is totally wasted on the purpose its being used for.

I'm pretty sure that with a home crowd of 16,000 or more at most games we could find a minimum of 1,500 folk who would want to be in a singing section based in the FF lower … that's evident from the good few hundred or so who still sing in the East and clearly didn't want to be part of an FF upper singing section.

Anyway, good luck to the 'Since 1875' folk on Sunday …. I might take a seat in the East for once to see what they look and sound like and I sincerely hope the club don't put a spike in this experiment, IMO for a non ST game folk should be entitled to sit where they want. Especially in a section where a load of the ST holders fail to turn up for even big league games and are highly unlikely to make the effort for a League cup tie against a lower league club they will have to pay up front for.

kaimendhibs
14-08-2018, 02:38 AM
Good luck guys

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hibbymac
14-08-2018, 03:08 AM

:agree: I was under the impression that if an adult wanted to buy a ticket for the FF lower, they had to be with a child. :confused:

From it opening, up until a few years ago , they had two "family liaison officers" who were there to try and keep the "language" to a minimum.

theonlywayisup
14-08-2018, 05:19 AM
There's a very small number of supporters that are located just immediately behind the goals almost every home game. I don't know their medical condition, but they are in wheelchairs. I'm assuming that they go immediately behind the goals, so that they can see the ball going into the net at close quarters.

Now without any consultation or warning they are going to get a group of noisy Hibs fans immediately above them. As I said, I don't know their medical condition, but I don't think banging a drum in their ears for 90 minutes plus will be a great match-day experience for them.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2018, 06:14 AM
Great idea but ill thought out execution of it in my opinion.
To have fans who want to remain seated finding themselves obstructed by the singing section without warning is not on.

wearethehibs
14-08-2018, 06:16 AM
After the initial post on this thread, ticket sales for this game actually increased and instead of thanking these lads, Hibs have blocked folk from buying tickets in this area. Really petty from the club imo.

wearethehibs
14-08-2018, 06:18 AM
There's a very small number of supporters that are located just immediately behind the goals almost every home game. I don't know their medical condition, but they are in wheelchairs. I'm assuming that they go immediately behind the goals, so that they can see the ball going into the net at close quarters.

Now without any consultation or warning they are going to get a group of noisy Hibs fans immediately above them. As I said, I don't know their medical condition, but I don't think banging a drum in their ears for 90 minutes plus will be a great match-day experience for them.

You could say the opposite, the singing section being there, might improve these guys match day experience. Might enjoy being where the atmosphere is for a change.

theonlywayisup
14-08-2018, 06:21 AM
You could say the opposite, the singing section being there, might improve these guys match day experience. Might enjoy being where the atmosphere is for a change.

So that makes it okay then?

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2018, 06:38 AM
After the initial post on this thread, ticket sales for this game actually increased and instead of thanking these lads, Hibs have blocked folk from buying tickets in this area. Really petty from the club imo.

Communication is key!

wearethehibs
14-08-2018, 06:39 AM
So that makes it okay then?

That makes what ok?

People buying tickets for a football game in a section of the ground that is almost empty?

If so, yes.

Speedy
14-08-2018, 07:01 AM

I wouldn't say it is petty. The club have 2 respective areas designated as signing section and family section. These areas are marketed as such and it is understandable that the club wants to maintain some influence over that.

Otherwise you could have some disgruntled customers who wanted to be in the singing section now finding themselves stuck in a quiet/empty corner and people with kids expecting a quieter area in the middle of some songs which are great for atmosphere but not exactly suitable for kids.

Edit: As someone else put it. Great idea but poor execution, needs to be communication both ways for these things to work.

Onceinawhile
14-08-2018, 07:04 AM
If the amount of people who've suggested moving to the ff lower and the people who've said they would join in if the relocation happens put their money where their mouth is, the whole ff lower should be full.

GreenArmyyy!
14-08-2018, 07:06 AM

The attendance in the famous five lower is embarrassing most games considering it is advertised as sold out most weeks, before all seater arenas people had to stand every game so really don’t see what difference one game is going to make where there will hardly be anyone in the lower anyway.

Blaster
14-08-2018, 07:12 AM
The attendance in the famous five lower is embarrassing most games considering it is advertised as sold out most weeks, before all seater arenas people had to stand every game so really don’t see what difference one game is going to make where there will hardly be anyone in the lower anyway.

You are easily embarrassed

Phil MaGlass
14-08-2018, 07:19 AM

Because noise at a football game doesnt happen?

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 07:28 AM
If the amount of people who've suggested moving to the ff lower and the people who've said they would join in if the relocation happens put their money where their mouth is, the whole ff lower should be full.
The tickets for that section have been removed from sale.

Alex Trager
14-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Great idea but ill thought out execution of it in my opinion.
To have fans who want to remain seated finding themselves obstructed by the singing section without warning is not on.

The plan was to be sat up the back of the stand restricting no view for those that want to sit.

Archie89
14-08-2018, 07:39 AM
The plan was to be sat up the back of the stand restricting no view for those that want to sit.

Then why does the original post state "starting with the front rows?

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2018, 07:48 AM

Not according to the OP.

Alex Trager
14-08-2018, 07:56 AM
Then why does the original post state "starting with the front rows?

Not according to the OP.

Ah apologies. I thought it said the back rows. Which would make more sense

makaveli1875
14-08-2018, 08:18 AM
With kids tickets in the FF lower being £25 I don't see why Hibs cant just do this for the West lower, the north end of the East and the FF upper. This would easily cater for the number of folk who have kids tickets in the FF lower and distribute the swathes of empty seats we see in the FF at most league games a bit more evenly around the stadium.

In all honesty I for one am getting a bit fed up of hearing all the usual stuff that gets trotted out about the empty seats in the FF lower. According to Hibs this section is so popular that they are talking about moving adults whose kids have grown up out of there to meet demand for seats. But at practically every game there are hundreds of those allegedly gold dust like seats empty and IMO its making the clubs claims of 16, 17 and 18,000 crowds look like nonsense, especially to anybody watching on the telly.
They cant be on holiday all the bloody time, so where the hell are they every Saturday or Sunday because its the same throughout the season, when I was a kid if my mum could have afforded to take me to the football I would have screamed the house down if she had said, sorry we aint going this weekend. IMO there's something else going on here and as a result this section which is utterly coveted by a dedicated group of our supporters is totally wasted on the purpose its being used for.

I'm pretty sure that with a home crowd of 16,000 or more at most games we could find a minimum of 1,500 folk who would want to be in a singing section based in the FF lower … that's evident from the good few hundred or so who still sing in the East and clearly didn't want to be part of an FF upper singing section.

Anyway, good luck to the 'Since 1875' folk on Sunday …. I might take a seat in the East for once to see what they look and sound like and I sincerely hope the club don't put a spike in this experiment, IMO for a non ST game folk should be entitled to sit where they want. Especially in a section where a load of the ST holders fail to turn up for even big league games and are highly unlikely to make the effort for a League cup tie against a lower league club they will have to pay up front for.

spot on

Johnny Clash
14-08-2018, 08:41 AM
Shame our fans reps haven’t offered to get involved with this given communicatuon between our supporters and our club is all important.

I still believe it’s a good thing to have supporters’ reps but they both need to be proactive with issues like this. Everybody wants to see the atmosphere improve and nobody wants any Hibees to be hassled so the only solution will come from proper discussions.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2018, 09:05 AM
I initially thought this was a great idea, but should have been done with consultation with the club. There will be folk who sit there on Sunday who will have their vision impaired, perhaps something could have been done to facilitate this move a few weeks ago.

Maybe if we get another home game if we win this one, then we could trial it with that game, and give everyone time to move?

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 09:25 AM
The club can’t stop people buying seats in the ff lower if that’s where they want to go. I spent a season in the ff lower and it’s anything but family friendly.

Spent a couple of years in there too when my boy was younger. Ironically the trigger to move to the East was the original sect43. We actually had seats 2 rows directly behind the drum. Much to my boys delight being in amongst the noise.

Sure the club cant stop people buying tickets but actively discourage to try and keep it for families.

I just think this manouvre has been poorly thought out.

Dancehibs
14-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Shame our fans reps haven’t offered to get involved with this given communicatuon between our supporters and our club is all important.

I still believe it’s a good thing to have supporters’ reps but they both need to be proactive with issues like this. Everybody wants to see the atmosphere improve and nobody wants any Hibees to be hassled so the only solution will come from proper discussions.
Agree. Very disappointing. This is something they should be all over. What the singing section have done in the last few seasons is brilliant. Especially away from home

Diclonius
14-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Getting fed up with this FF lower nonsense now. Either move the seats and allow the singing section to go where it should for all intents and purposes be or do something about people buying £25 STs and barely using them. It makes the ground look empty on TV and prevents people who really want to go to a big game v Hearts/OF being unable to do so in the event of a "sellout".

GreenArmyyy!
Since 1875 have now tweeted to say that the club have blocked their move to the lower FF for this game and threatened to remove any of the group that enter the lower FF on Sunday. That is utterly embarrassing and disgraceful for the club to treat them that way given how much their displays etc have shown the club in good light.

Apparently the group have tried to meet with the club on several occasions to discuss this as well and received no answer. Horrendous stuff.

GreenArmyyy!
This also explains why the lower FF tickets aren’t on sale at the moment.

lord bunberry
14-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Since 1875 have now tweeted to say that the club have blocked their move to the lower FF for this game and threatened to remove any of the group that enter the lower FF on Sunday. That is utterly embarrassing and disgraceful for the club to treat them that way given how much their displays etc have shown the club in good light.

Apparently the group have tried to meet with the club on several occasions to discuss this as well and received no answer. Horrendous stuff.
That’s not good to hear. The singing section in the ff lower is the way forward imo. I agree with everyone else and have said so many times that there’s no way all these £25 seats should be on sale in that area of the stadium. It’s also sad to hear that the club have refused any meetings with the singing section, it seems like a step back into the pre Dempster days.

BegbieHSC
14-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Getting fed up with this FF lower nonsense now. Either move the seats and allow the singing section to go where it should for all intents and purposes be or do something about people buying £25 STs and barely using them. It makes the ground look empty on TV and prevents people who really want to go to a big game v Hearts/OF being unable to do so in the event of a "sellout".

Yip,

A real bug bear of mine.

I know some folk can’t go every week, and want to make sure they’re in the mix for a Hearts/Sevco ticket home or away.

For me, it seems to have gotten out of hand however, and some people are taking the utter pish out the club’s very reasonable child season ticket prices, and upgrading those seats for the derbies and Rangers games, but leaving empty for the other 16/17 games a season. Something has to be done.

Diclonius
14-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Yip,

A real bug bear of mine.

I know some folk can’t go every week, and want to make sure they’re in the mix for a Hearts/Sevco ticket home or away.

For me, it seems to have gotten out of hand however, and some people are taking the utter pish out the club’s very reasonable child season ticket prices, and upgrading those seats for the derbies and Rangers games, but leaving empty for the other 16/17 games a season. Something has to be done.

When you think about it that way it really is a foolproof plan to getting a ticket. A £25 deposit for guaranteed purchase of tickets for Hearts/OF games.

Either find a way to fix this (i.e. identify those who are taking the piss and cancel/refund their ST) or get rid of it.

LaMotta
14-08-2018, 10:08 AM

:agree:

In terms of selling the image of our club we are scoring a massive own goal here by selling cheap tickets for some of the best seats in the stadium to people who dont go every week.

The singing section looks great at the games but is hidden on TV which is a big mistake.

14-08-2018, 11:54 AM
There are loads of seats available in section 43 so perhaps the singing section guys could go in there on Sunday. Surely the ticket office would let any that have already bought tickets for the FF lower swap them for tickets in 43. If it was up to me I'd try the whole of 43 as the designated singing section.

hibbymark
14-08-2018, 12:23 PM
When you think about it that way it really is a foolproof plan to getting a ticket. A £25 deposit for guaranteed purchase of tickets for Hearts/OF games.

Either find a way to fix this (i.e. identify those who are taking the piss and cancel/refund their ST) or get rid of it.

I would just change the rule so that if it’s a £25 children’s ticket it can’t be upgraded to a adult ticket for home or away tickets .

RoscoHibby
14-08-2018, 01:28 PM
There are loads of seats available in section 43 so perhaps the singing section guys could go in there on Sunday. Surely the ticket office would let any that have already bought tickets for the FF lower swap them for tickets in 43. If it was up to me I'd try the whole of 43 as the designated singing section.

This. Back of the East will generate best atmosphere and get more folk joining in, to say otherwise is just blinkered IMO. 1st season in championship, atmosphere against likes of livi n cowdenbeath was ridiculously good when the boys were there. Didnt work at front of east as couldnt be heard half way back...

SquashedFrogg
14-08-2018, 02:07 PM
This. Back of the East will generate best atmosphere and get more folk joining in, to say otherwise is just blinkered IMO. 1st season in championship, atmosphere against likes of livi n cowdenbeath was ridiculously good when the boys were there. Didnt work at front of east as couldnt be heard half way back...

100%

Mind that Cowdenbeath game well Rosco.... Will msg you later btw

Juniper Greens
14-08-2018, 02:24 PM
I would just change the rule so that if it’s a £25 children’s ticket it can’t be upgraded to a adult ticket for home or away tickets .

I think they have now done this. The people that upgraded for the first game of the season were told that it was to be a one off

RIP
15-08-2018, 07:04 AM
If you are in management at the club you have to balance the service offered to all fans. When the six of us buy our season tickets at the back of Section 43 we are made aware that it is a area where 500 fans all stand. Anyone wishing to sit down during a game shouldn’t be sold a seat in that part of the stadium.

However if our kids were primary age or toddlers we would likely buy six seats in the family section. In that area everyone would sit for ninety minutes.

Since1875 have been allocated a section in the top corner where they can stand freely. It is also possibly due to police advice to keep them as far away from the pitch as possible. (Following a couple of minor pitch invasions in prior years when at the front of 43?)

I’ve been a huge supporter of the group from 2010 when they started within Section 43. So I’m starting to become concerned that they are being contained for the long term in an area where most accept is neither visually nor acoustically effective.

Hopefully through improved fan engagement and lobbying we can bring about a change.

Hibee Mac
15-08-2018, 07:15 AM
Can feel for both parties here.

I can understand why the club has done what it's done, but it could have handled the situation better.

Also, totally understand why Since 1875 did what they did, and it appears that the majority of fans agree that this nonsense with empty seats behind the goals needs put to an end.

IMO the answer here is to swap the sections so that Since 1875 are behind the goals and the family section is either up in the corner or in the corner of the west lower next to the FF end of stairs are an issue.

The club has to make Since 1875 feel wanted and welcome as they are a fantastic part of the crowd and overall atmosphere, you guys are really appreciated by the fans!

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2018, 07:25 AM
If you are in management at the club you have to balance the service offered to all fans. When the six of us buy our season tickets at the back of Section 43 we are made aware that it is a area where 500 fans all stand. Anyone wishing to sit down during a game shouldn’t be sold a seat in that part of the stadium.

However if our kids were primary age or toddlers we would likely buy six seats in the family section. In that area everyone would sit for ninety minutes.

Since1875 have been allocated a section in the top corner where they can stand freely. It is also possibly due to police advice to keep them as far away from the pitch as possible. (Following a couple of minor pitch invasions in prior years when at the front of 43?)

I’ve been a huge supporter of the group from 2010 when they started within Section 43. So I’m starting to become concerned that they are being contained for the long term in an area where most accept is neither visually nor acoustically effective.

Hopefully through improved fan engagement and lobbying we can bring about a change.

No club should permit standing in a seated area regardless of the reasons. If clubs want to permit standing it should be in a specific safe standing area or not at all. It’s a total nonsense, what if the whole ground decided to stand every game, the authorities need to do something. Telling people they can buy a seat but have to stand because of other folk standing is wrong.

Heedersnvolleys
15-08-2018, 07:25 AM
Can feel for both parties here.

I can understand why the club has done what it's done, but it could have handled the situation better.

Also, totally understand why Since 1875 did what they did, and it appears that the majority of fans agree that this nonsense with empty seats behind the goals needs put to an end.

IMO the answer here is to swap the sections so that Since 1875 are behind the goals and the family section is either up in the corner or in the corner of the west lower next to the FF end of stairs are an issue.

The club has to make Since 1875 feel wanted and welcome as they are a fantastic part of the crowd and overall atmosphere, you guys are really appreciated by the fans!
Totally agree, sounds like a sensible solution, in fact to soften the blow I would make the family section the luxury seats in the middle. Would need to be next season now though

Barney McGrew
15-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Totally agree, sounds like a sensible solution, in fact to soften the blow I would make the family section the luxury seats in the middle. Would need to be next season now though

The club have already earmarked that area for more hospitality I think, and have been in contact with season tickets holders there to move them in advance of it coming into place next season.

FWIW, while I think the Since 1875 guys are clearly passionate about what they do there needs to be a point where the club have to draw a line....by my count they’ve now been in three different parts of the ground so far and now want to move somewhere else. What happens if more long standing season ticket holders are moved, this time to make way for them in the FF lower and then they decide after a season or so that they don’t like there either and want moved somewhere else? They’ve also had access to tickets for away games that other ST holders haven’t, and I believe space to store flags and banners given to them so it’s not as if they haven’t had some special treatment already.

While they do have a positive impact on the atmosphere, there would still be singing if they didn’t exist. They didn’t invent going to the football with your pals and chanting when you’re there, that’s been going on for years :cb

Onceinawhile
15-08-2018, 07:54 AM

As has been pointed out any number of times, the club have emailed people with £25 season tickets asking what they can do to encourage further attendance. Unfortunately the data they are getting is wrong. I was told last season that my 2 x £25 season tickets hadn't been used once. In reality we had all made every game apart from the mid week games.

Not sure how many times the above needs said, but it's been said about ten times.

FWIW, if it wasn't for the £25 tickets, I wouldn't have my £360 tickets as I wouldn't be able to justify leaving the wife at home with the kids every 2nd Saturday.

hibbysam
15-08-2018, 08:00 AM
The club have already earmarked that area for more hospitality I think, and have been in contact with season tickets holders there to move them in advance of it coming into place next season.

FWIW, while I think the Since 1875 guys are clearly passionate about what they do there needs to be a point where the club have to draw a line....by my count they’ve now been in three different parts of the ground so far and now want to move somewhere else. What happens if more long standing season ticket holders are moved, this time to make way for them in the FF lower and then they decide after a season or so that they don’t like there either and want moved somewhere else? They’ve also had access to tickets for away games that other ST holders haven’t, and I believe space to store flags and banners given to them so it’s not as if they haven’t had some special treatment already.

While they do have a positive impact on the atmosphere, there would still be singing if they didn’t exist. They didn’t invent going to the football with your pals and chanting when you’re there, that’s been going on for years :cb

As far as I’m aware the group didn’t choose to be fired into the top corner of the FF, they asked to be moved behind the goal and that’s where they were put.

Barney McGrew
15-08-2018, 08:09 AM
As far as I’m aware the group didn’t choose to be fired into the top corner of the FF, they asked to be moved behind the goal and that’s where they were put.

And that’s what they got. And now they’re not happy and they want to move again - like I said, where does it stop?

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area. Now they are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.

Purple Bukta
15-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Ask permission on what section of the ground you want to sit in? What a sanatised environment football has become.

HappyAsHellas
15-08-2018, 08:25 AM
And that’s what they got. And now they’re not happy and they want to move again - like I said, where does it stop?

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area and are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.

Given that sound travels in much the same way as sight, behind the goals is the best section for fans singing - remember in the championship when fifty away fans could be heard clearly singing by everyone? They are in the lower section and always congregate at the highest point nearest the goals because that is where the acoustics are best - every seat in the stadium can see the goals and therefore hear what's happening. People in section 30 couldn't hear the singing section when they were in section 43 because it's not in their line of vision. Look at all the German games on tv - brilliant atmosphere and all behind the goals. Why is the atmosphere at tiny so bad? One of the main reasons is their family section is behind the goals. Anyone thinking that the best place is in the east is fooling themselves and it's sad that the club appear to be digging their heels in with this one.

CallumHibs07
15-08-2018, 08:28 AM
S1875 should boycott the game, see how the club like it when the FF is three quarters empty in a silent stadium.

overdrive
15-08-2018, 08:44 AM
No club should permit standing in a seated area regardless of the reasons. If clubs want to permit standing it should be in a specific safe standing area or not at all. It’s a total nonsense, what if the whole ground decided to stand every game, the authorities need to do something. Telling people they can buy a seat but have to stand because of other folk standing is wrong.

Correct. We had a couple of guys next to us standing at the Molde game. You couldn’t see past them and standing is not an option for my dad. They offered to swap seats but we shouldn’t really have to, especially when they are out ST seats.

Austinho
15-08-2018, 08:57 AM

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area. Now they are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.From what I can gather, it was always the Singing Section's suggestion to be right behind the goals in the lower tier, but the club stuck them up in the top corner instead. Now they are trapped between a wall of perspex on one side, corporate seats on the other side, and the family section in front of them – there honestly couldn't be a worse place to put them for growing the section or spreading the noise around the ground. They can't even spread it in the FF Stand.

They should get special treatment IMO, given how important they are to the overall matchday experience, and even the direct success of the team.

Winston Ingram
15-08-2018, 08:59 AM
I don't think the current location of the singing section is great but the i think the clubs statement on the issue was bang on.

CropleyWasGod
15-08-2018, 09:10 AM
S1875 should boycott the game, see how the club like it when the FF is three quarters empty in a silent stadium.

That's not going to reconcile things.

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2018, 09:17 AM
i didn't realise it was only £25 for a kids ST, it's £25/game for an adult walk-up now, a £25 ST even if it is for a kid is seriously cheap

lyonhibs
15-08-2018, 09:32 AM
From what I can gather, it was always the Singing Section's suggestion to be right behind the goals in the lower tier, but the club stuck them up in the top corner instead. Now they are trapped between a wall of perspex on one side, corporate seats on the other side, and the family section in front of them – there honestly couldn't be a worse place to put them for growing the section or spreading the noise around the ground. They can't even spread it in the FF Stand.

They should get special treatment IMO, given how important they are to the overall matchday experience, and even the direct success of the team.

They are no more, or less, important to the success of the team than any other fan that ponies up for a ST and attends as often as they can.

And I'm also sure the "Since 1875" guys themselves wouldn't like to be considered as "special" by the club or anyone else, that wouldn't seem to fit with their ethos as I understand it.

If the club is going to keep the family section where it has been for a long time then the singing section will be staying where it is I reckon. The issue of the potential misuse of the £25 season tickets does need addressed though.

Heedersnvolleys
15-08-2018, 09:38 AM

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area. Now they are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.
Of course they are not happy. If it’s not where they want to be you surely don’t expect them to shut up and get on with it. I think with the numbers we are likely to get on Sunday the club could have came to a solution where a one off experiment let the singing section in that area to see how it went. I am sure the kids in there would love it 😊

marinello59
15-08-2018, 09:41 AM
i didn't realise it was only £25 for a kids ST, it's £25/game for an adult walk-up now, a £25 ST even if it is for a kid is seriously cheap

It is cheap and our Club should be getting plaudits for making it cheaper for families to attend rather than criticism. Every time we play an away game where kids get greatly reduced or even free entry there are posts praising them and asking why Hibs can’t do something similar.

Since90+2
15-08-2018, 09:47 AM
It is cheap and our Club should be getting plaudits for making it cheaper for families to attend rather than criticism. Every time we play an away game where kids get greatly reduced or even free entry there are posts praising them and asking why Hibs can’t do something similar.

I think the issue is that alot of the time they aren't actually attending going by the number of empty seats in the area where it should be almost full. I would suggest this is happening because £25 is too cheap and it makes it easy just to purchase a kid's ticket even if the likelihood is they won't even attend half the time but it's available just incase and for the big games.

hibbysam
15-08-2018, 09:48 AM

No, it’s not. They’ve not been accommodated more than once already. They were stuck I. The worst possible place due to asking for a move behind the goals.

Do you or I have to ask permission where we can sit on Sunday?
Do you or I face removal from the ground if we dare to buy a ticket in a place the club don’t like?
Are the club quite happy to take single adult money vs hearts when they resell a child’s ST seat who isn’t going?

I’m not saying the long term solution is simple, it’s not, however what they’re doing for this game is totally wrong.

marinello59
15-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Of course they are not happy. If it’s not where they want to be you surely don’t expect them to shut up and get on with it. I think with the numbers we are likely to get on Sunday the club could have came to a solution where a one off experiment let the singing section in that area to see how it went. I am sure the kids in there would love it ��

Playing devils advocate here, it’s only been a year since the singing section worked with the club to move to that mutually agreed area and have long standing season ticket holders in there moved without consultation. It makes the clubs lack of willingness to cause even more disruption understandable even though you may not think it’s the right decision
Any move to another area really does need communication and understanding from all sides to find a way forward. The guys in the singing section have been doing a great job this season, long may it continue. Given the comment on here from some of the guys themselves they seem more than willing to talk this through properly with the club.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Seems to me the club has made its position clear?

marinello59
15-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Seems to me the club has made its position clear?

They’ve made it clear that the family section will be staying where it is. Maybe a move back to the East would be possible though? Not sure if that suits the guys but the more options out there the better.

oldbutdim
15-08-2018, 10:20 AM
From what I can gather, it was always the Singing Section's suggestion to be right behind the goals in the lower tier, but the club stuck them up in the top corner instead. Now they are trapped between a wall of perspex on one side, corporate seats on the other side, and the family section in front of them – there honestly couldn't be a worse place to put them for growing the section or spreading the noise around the ground. They can't even spread it in the FF Stand.

They don't have corporate seats next to them.
The family section isn't in front of them.
:confused:

I don't think the current location of the singing section is great but the i think the clubs statement on the issue was bang on.

I agree.
:aok:

Onceinawhile
15-08-2018, 10:24 AM
They are no more, or less, important to the success of the team than any other fan that ponies up for a ST and attends as often as they can.

And I'm also sure the "Since 1875" guys themselves wouldn't like to be considered as "special" by the club or anyone else, that wouldn't seem to fit with their ethos as I understand it.

If the club is going to keep the family section where it has been for a long time then the singing section will be staying where it is I reckon. The issue of the potential misuse of the £25 season tickets does need addressed though.

It is being looked into as mentioned previously on this thread and on numerous others.

Onceinawhile
15-08-2018, 10:25 AM
I think the issue is that alot of the time they aren't actually attending going by the number of empty seats in the area where it should be almost full. I would suggest this is happening because £25 is too cheap and it makes it easy just to purchase a kid's ticket even if the likelihood is they won't even attend half the time but it's available just incase and for the big games.

People are far more likely to take kids to the smaller games than the big games.

WhileTheChief..
15-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Do we need a singing section now? Man I hate that term!

The atmosphere is the East has been great recently and is the natural place for songs and chants to come from.

The lads that moved to the FF upper could easily all find seats together up towards s43 and they would then also have 1000s of others ready to join in.

No existing ST holders would have to be asked to move.

Chuck Rhoades
15-08-2018, 10:52 AM

I think you’ve missed some of the context. It was a proposed change, for one match to trial feedback given by the majority of this forum. There were 39 seats of 414 sold at the point announcing.

PatHead
15-08-2018, 10:54 AM
I think you’ve missed some of the context. It was a proposed change, for one match to trial feedback given by the majority of this forum. There were 39 seats of 414 sold at the point announcing.

But what would have happened to the existing season ticket holders if it had been a success and you wanted to move?

Chuck Rhoades
15-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Playing devils advocate here, it’s only been a year since the singing section worked with the club to move to that mutually agreed area and have long standing season ticket holders in there moved without consultation. It makes the clubs lack of willingness to cause even more disruption understandable even though you may not think it’s the right decision
Any move to another area really does need communication and understanding from all sides to find a way forward. The guys in the singing section have been doing a great job this season, long may it continue. Given the comment on here from some of the guys themselves they seem more than willing to talk this through properly with the club.

Again, there’s been no suggestion from what I read on a permanent move from Section 25?

Chuck Rhoades
15-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Do we need a singing section now? Man I hate that term!

The atmosphere is the East has been great recently and is the natural place for songs and chants to come from.

The lads that moved to the FF upper could easily all find seats together up towards s43 and they would then also have 1000s of others ready to join in.

No existing ST holders would have to be asked to move.

There’s not 320 seats ST available across 42-44 never mind 43. It’s a great problem to have that ER is more busy than ever.

Chuck Rhoades
15-08-2018, 11:05 AM
But what would have happened to the existing season ticket holders if it had been a success and you wanted to move?

Who knows? That would’ve needed significant consideration and engagement with existing ST holders before any decision was made.

marinello59
15-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Again, there’s been no suggestion from what I read on a permanent move from Section 25?

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood then. I thought a trial run would be with a view to moving elsewhere.

Danderhall Hibs
15-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood then. I thought a trial run would be with a view to moving elsewhere.

:agree: bit pointless to trial something for no reason.

WestStandWillie
15-08-2018, 11:16 AM
If the FF Lower is off limits, move them back tae the East.

Would there be an issue moving them back there though? Would they be able to aw get seats together? :confused:

Club are aff their heids letting this get out of hand:agree:

Hibee Mac
15-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Big mistake from the club IMO if they're unwilling to move the family section from where it is. The system is clearly not working as intended so something needs done, behind the goals is absolutely where any clubs singing section belongs.

WhileTheChief..
15-08-2018, 11:49 AM
There’s not 320 seats ST available across 42-44 never mind 43. It’s a great problem to have that ER is more busy than ever.

Fair dos. I had no idea there were so many involved.

Hope you get something sorted.

Jay
15-08-2018, 12:15 PM
No, it’s not. They’ve not been accommodated more than once already. They were stuck I. The worst possible place due to asking for a move behind the goals.

Do you or I have to ask permission where we can sit on Sunday?
Do you or I face removal from the ground if we dare to buy a ticket in a place the club don’t like?
Are the club quite happy to take single adult money vs hearts when they resell a child’s ST seat who isn’t going?

I’m not saying the long term solution is simple, it’s not, however what they’re doing for this game is totally wrong.

Nobody has to ask permission to sit anywhere but they want to sit in a massive group so need to work with the club. If they choose they can individually sit where theres a free seat the same as I can.

No thought given to all the people who were booted out their seats to accommodate them last season and theres two I know of who still havent found suitable seating because of one of their health issues. And no thought given to the existing ST holders who would have to stand and hold their kids on Sunday?

I also dont understand why theyd want to trial something that they arent considering?

Hibee Ryan
15-08-2018, 12:18 PM
The current location of the singing section is rubbish. I sit in Section 42 and I can look across and see all of them clapping and hear absolutely nothing. The other issue is that there is nowhere for the singing to travel too, on the left is a wall, on the right is the (planned) corporate seats and in front is a family section that is half full on most match days.

When the main aim of the group is to make the atmosphere better and you give them, what I would class at, possibly the worst section in the whole ground to do this you can see why they are frustrated.

Moving them to the front would mean the sound travels further and would also increase the number of folk willing to join thesection. I was close to moving there this season but because it’s such a poorlocation in the ground we kept our seats in the east.

There has to be some give and take by the club, they movedthem the first time because of the issues with smoke bombs and flares that werenothing to do with the members within the singing section, then made them listevery member before games when sitting at front of east and now moved them awayinto the back corner. I can see why the group would take things into their ownhands as when they have left it up to the club they’ve been given a raw deal.

HibeeHibernian4
15-08-2018, 12:19 PM

I'm sure fans of clubs like Dortmund feel the same about their ultras, just another group of paying customers right? :rolleyes:

RIP
15-08-2018, 12:30 PM
The atmosphere is the East has been great recently and is the natural place for songs and chants to come from. The lads that moved to the FF upper could easily all find seats together up towards s43 and they would then also have 1000s of others ready to join in.

As Ross says, we have been victims of our own success in having two packed areas of the ground where people stand and chant. To answer an earlier post, EVERY ground in Scotland that I've been to in recent years has been operating one standing section without any significant reports of injury. My family group have been standing at ER for decades, in the North Cooshed, Old East and the past 8 years in Section 43. That's the natural order for our matchday experience and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Both Section 25 and Section 43 will be getting louder as the season progresses, as people return from holiday and the groups get their song catalogues in gear. Since1875 have an active Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClub/ and there's chat about Section43 doing same this year. Rome wasn't built in a day when it comes to relocation but there's always been standing and singing at Easter Road and for those whose sole intention is to lift the men in green and white on the pitch, we should celebrate their enthusiasm.
:nlgwa

Blaster
15-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Big mistake from the club IMO if they're unwilling to move the family section from where it is. The system is clearly not working as intended so something needs done, behind the goals is absolutely where any clubs singing section belongs.

It possibly should have happened a few years ago but due to current season ticket levels there is no space for a similar sized family section elsewhere. Price of a bit of success I guess

Barney McGrew
15-08-2018, 01:14 PM
When the main aim of the group is to make the atmosphere better and you give them, what I would class at, possibly the worst section in the whole ground to do this you can see why they are frustrated

Which makes you wonder why they agreed to move there in the first place?

I'm sure fans of clubs like Dortmund feel the same about their ultras, just another group of paying customers right? :rolleyes:

That's exactly what they are. No more or less important than any other season ticket holder or person who shells out their hard earned cash to watch Hibs at ER every second week.

Chuck Rhoades
15-08-2018, 01:30 PM
That's exactly what they are. No more or less important than any other season ticket holder or person who shells out their hard earned cash to watch Hibs at ER every second week.

Agreed.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2018, 01:38 PM
IMO Hibs reluctance bordering on stubbornness to address this situation is doing the club no favours whatsoever. No matter where they have been or where they are now the bottom line is that the singing section, the ultras, Since 1875, whatever you want to call them should be located in the FF lower and that whole section of the stadium should be given over to them. This area should be a showpiece for what watching football at ER is all about and projecting ER as a noisy colourful place to watch football.

Its exactly that image which encourages many undecided youngsters to choose one club over another, and the rise in 'fan culture' surrounding Hibs over the last few years is a very big factor as to why there is at least anecdotal evidence that currently more youngsters are choosing to support us over Hearts. Its a vital cog in the machinery of growing the club, especially in the face of competition from across the city and we ignore it at our peril. That's why far from trotting out reasons for why the singing section shouldn't be located in the FF lower Hibs should be busting a gut to make it happen.

I tell you right now that if I was the owner of Hearts I would very much be looking at this situation with interest, to the point where I would have pencil and back of fag packet in hand drawing up plans to rip the seats out of the Gorgie stand and replace them with rail seats as soon as possible. The importance of fan culture and experience in drawing support to your club might ( thankfully ) be lost on an auld sweetie wife like Mrs Budge, but she wont be there forever and the time for Hibs to strike is now on what is a far more important factor in winning young hearts and minds than we appear to realise.

Radium
15-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Hopefully this gets resolved.

Personally I thought it was a reasonable thing to try but with 13.5k seasons sold I can see why the club may not see it as the way forward.

One thing that seems to be missed (and happy to be corrected) but Since1875 are a bit more than a singing section.

I thought they raised cash for the displays last year and coordinated their set up.

Iconic banners from recent years; Time for heroes, Natural Order? (others also have done banners)

Corteos? Marches to the ground.

They are not the whole support but have done lots that have given the club some iconic moments. Hopefully that gives them something in the credit tin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
15-08-2018, 01:49 PM
The current location of the singing section is rubbish. I sit in Section 42 and I can look across and see all of them clapping and hear absolutely nothing. The other issue is that there is nowhere for the singing to travel too, on the left is a wall, on the right is the (planned) corporate seats and in front is a family section that is half full on most match days.

When the main aim of the group is to make the atmosphere better and you give them, what I would class at, possibly the worst section in the whole ground to do this you can see why they are frustrated.

Moving them to the front would mean the sound travels further and would also increase the number of folk willing to join thesection. I was close to moving there this season but because it’s such a poorlocation in the ground we kept our seats in the east.

There has to be some give and take by the club, they movedthem the first time because of the issues with smoke bombs and flares that werenothing to do with the members within the singing section, then made them listevery member before games when sitting at front of east and now moved them awayinto the back corner. I can see why the group would take things into their ownhands as when they have left it up to the club they’ve been given a raw deal.

A commonly held belief, but do you have any evidence to back up that statement?

Noise waves travel omnidirectional - i.e. travel in all directions. When these waves hit an object, for example the back, side or roof of a stand, they are reflected off that object. It is likely that noise from the bottom of the FFL stand will travel upwards and not be reflected towards the rest of the stadium (in addition to that which naturally is transmitted towards the rest of the stadium). Whereas similar noise transmitted from the FFU stand is more likely to be transmitted towards the rest of the stadium (it hits the stadium roof and is reflected downwards towards the rest of the stadium.

Now, I'm no expert, but that's what I've always understood.

One point maybe missed in all of this interesting discussion is the type of songs sung by the Singing Section. The Kamberi song, whilst brilliant does not have the basic football fan chant that is loud and get's everyone singing. You could say the same about Boyle's Starman and others. When the fans of the bigots sing "Hello, Hello" the basic chant/noise is much more intense than the Kamberi song. The "We are Hibernian FC" is a much more powerfully sung song. As is "We've got McGinn" and "Allez.......", whilst I would state that "Hibs, Hibs........" is more neutral. So back to my point, the Singing Section might be jumping about singing "Kamberi, Kamberi etc", but no-one in the East can hear it because it doesn't have that powerful lyrics.

All IMO:cb

Keith_M
15-08-2018, 01:50 PM
IMO Hibs reluctance bordering on stubbornness to address this situation is doing the club no favours whatsoever. No matter where they have been or where they are now the bottom line is that the singing section, the ultras, Since 1875, whatever you want to call them should be located in the FF lower and that whole section of the stadium should be given over to them.

2,000 seats for about 100 Fans?

Yeah, great idea.

:rolleyes:

Since90+2
15-08-2018, 01:51 PM
IMO Hibs reluctance bordering on stubbornness to address this situation is doing the club no favours whatsoever. No matter where they have been or where they are now the bottom line is that the singing section, the ultras, Since 1875, whatever you want to call them should be located in the FF lower and that whole section of the stadium should be given over to them. This area should be a showpiece for what watching football at ER is all about and projecting ER as a noisy colourful place to watch football.

Its exactly that image which encourages many undecided youngsters to choose one club over another, and the rise in 'fan culture' surrounding Hibs over the last few years is a very big factor as to why there is at least anecdotal evidence that currently more youngsters are choosing to support us over Hearts. Its a vital cog in the machinery of growing the club, especially in the face of competition from across the city and we ignore it at our peril. That's why far from trotting out reasons for why the singing section shouldn't be located in the FF lower Hibs should be busting a gut to make it happen.

I tell you right now that if I was the owner of Hearts I would very much be looking at this situation with interest, to the point where I would have pencil and back of fag packet in hand drawing up plans to rip the seats out of the Gorgie stand and replace them with rail seats as soon as possible. The importance of fan culture and experience in drawing support to your club might ( thankfully ) be lost on an auld sweetie wife like Mrs Budge, but she wont be there forever and the time for Hibs to strike is now on what is a far more important factor in winning young hearts and minds than we appear to realise.

You're wasting your time. The club won't look at it , probably because it's alot of work to arrange but I agree with your sentiments entirely.

HibeeHibernian4
15-08-2018, 02:07 PM
A commonly held belief, but do you have any evidence to back up that statement?

Noise waves travel omnidirectional - i.e. travel in all directions. When these waves hit an object, for example the back, side or roof of a stand, they are reflected off that object. It is likely that noise from the bottom of the FFL stand will travel upwards and not be reflected towards the rest of the stadium (in addition to that which naturally is transmitted towards the rest of the stadium). Whereas similar noise transmitted from the FFU stand is more likely to be transmitted towards the rest of the stadium (it hits the stadium roof and is reflected downwards towards the rest of the stadium.

Now, I'm no expert, but that's what I've always understood.

I only have anecdotal evidence, but when in the Championship sides like Morton, Falkirk and others would come to Easter Road and sound very loud with about 500 fans in the South Stand Lower, certainly loud enough for me to hear them in the north half of the East.

Yeah, great idea.

The phrase 'build it and they will come' mean nothing to you?

And besides, there's already a good 200-250 in the current singing section block, and that's with them being allocated in the worst part of the ground to create an atmosphere. Hopefully moving them into a much more desirable slot would have the intended effect of drawing more people to join them.

hibbysam
15-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Nobody has to ask permission to sit anywhere but they want to sit in a massive group so need to work with the club. If they choose they can individually sit where theres a free seat the same as I can.

No thought given to all the people who were booted out their seats to accommodate them last season and theres two I know of who still havent found suitable seating because of one of their health issues. And no thought given to the existing ST holders who would have to stand and hold their kids on Sunday?

I also dont understand why theyd want to trial something that they arent considering?

So I’m not allowed to buy tickets for me and 20 pals to go toER? We have to buy them individually? If there’s a seat available then they should be able to be purchased by anybody.

Those STH were put out by the club, not the SS.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2018, 02:11 PM

Yeah, great idea.

A 6,000 capacity stand when we only have average crowds of 9,000 ? ………… Peeeetrie :grr:

Blaster
15-08-2018, 02:13 PM
So I’m not allowed to buy tickets for me and 20 pals to go toER? We have to buy them individually? If there’s a seat available then they should be able to be purchased by anybody.

Of course they can. Just not in a section which is a designated family stand

hibbysam
15-08-2018, 02:22 PM

So I’ll go back to my original point, I guess there will be the same uproar when the hearts game comes along and those resold seats go on sale and are sold to adults to buy?

Since90+2
15-08-2018, 02:23 PM
So I’ll go back to my original point, I guess there will be the same uproar when the hearts game comes along and those resold seats go on sale and are sold to adults to buy?

Good point. If those seats are released do Hibs only sell them as kids tickets?

Heedersnvolleys
15-08-2018, 02:25 PM
But that section was available to anyone on Monday morning so that scenario could have happened and still could if they buy walk ups on the day.

Have to say this is what really gets me with situation. The club was in a position on Monday where for example 100 folk visiting Edinburgh for the fringe or a stag do that have never been in ER in their life could have walked up and sat in there on Sunday. Yet a bunch of our own support who all have ST try something innovative to create a bit of atmosphere at a game that could easily have the lowest attendance of the season have been stopped and threatened with consequences if the dare try.

Blaster
15-08-2018, 02:32 PM

Fair point. I think Hibs have stated this should not be allowed without purchasing a kids concession ticket too

Jay
15-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Of course you are but you'd be lucky to get 20 seats together thats not in the designated family stand so would probably have to talk to the club about it