PDA

View Full Version : Team for Thursday

we are hibs
13-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Is going to be interesting to say the least.

Personally I would go

Laidlaw (assuming bogdan is unfit)

Gray
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka

Maclaren
Kamberi

There is a few tough choices to be made. I would leave Bartley out from the start as I reckon playing 6 defensive minded players may bring them onto us and if we are going progress in the tie I think we will need to score first. I would also go Gray over Boyle at wing back as I think defensively he is more solid and seems to be enjoying a good run of form again after his injury problems. I would bring him on late on to run at them if they are tired or to try and stretch the game.

Scooter
13-08-2018, 07:41 AM

Personally I would go

Gray
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka

Maclaren
Kamberi

There is a few tough choices to be made. I would leave Bartley out from the start as I reckon playing 6 defensive minded players may bring them onto us and if we are going progress in the tie I think we will need to score first. I would also go Gray over Boyle at wing back as I think defensively he is more solid and seems to be enjoying a good run of form again after his injury problems. I would bring him on late on to run at them if they are tired or to try and stretch the game.

I can't see it. If Bartley doesn't play then someone else will sit in his position. A defensive player like him is in there to allow The full backs to get forward and they can sit. So like you say it's kind of 6 defensive players but someone in Bartley position is to allow Stevenson or/and grey to become wingers.

All that being said I think it's the team he might go with but I can't see Boyle being left out so switch Grey for Boyle I think Mallan will sit and you have your team

Ozyhibby
13-08-2018, 07:45 AM

Personally I would go

Gray
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka

Maclaren
Kamberi

There is no way Boyle sits out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heckys Wheel
13-08-2018, 07:46 AM
How anybody could consider dropping Boyle is beyond me.

Up front with Kamberi I would’ve thought. Gray has been excellent and his pace will cause problems.

Nicho87
13-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Boyle dropped. Our best player of the season so far.

I wonder what some people watch sometimes 😂

BILLYHIBS
13-08-2018, 07:49 AM
MacGregor to me is a must as I think we will be under pressure defensively. Anyone have an update on his availability?

Heckys Wheel
13-08-2018, 07:57 AM
MacGregor to me is a must as I think we will be under pressure defensively. Anyone have an update on his availability?

I’ve not seen updates on any of the walking wounded.

Anybody seen an ETA for both keepers returns?

B.H.F.C
13-08-2018, 07:58 AM
Think it’ll be the same team that played in the first leg.

Scooter
13-08-2018, 07:58 AM

Astro pitch. So I can't see him being risked even if he is fit enough to play

makaveli1875
13-08-2018, 08:07 AM
For me big Marv and Boyle have to start

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Hyndman
Bartley
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Shaw

calumhibee1
13-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Think it’ll be the same team that played in the first leg.

Likewise. Other than possibly Shaw I don’t think anyone has shown enough to take a position off any of the starters from that game. Possibly Slivka could drop out but even then I’d probably stick with him.

Bob1875
13-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Drop our most dangerous player when we need a goal.

wookie70
13-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Boyle is only our most dangerous player when playing on the right. It is a tricky choice as Gray has been excellent when played and has scored and put some great crosses in. I think Lennon will play Gray and then stick Boyle up front with Kamberi. Not sure it is the best option but it gets our big game players on the park so understandable. It will be interesting to see if Lennon thinks about a change of formation as our midfield is nowhere near as strong now and it would allow Gray and Boyle to play on the right together which, imo, would work very well.

Austinho
13-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Who’d be our first choice penalty takers if it got that far?

Kamberi
MacLaren
Mallan
Hanlon
Boyle

Pretty strong - Hanlon and Boyle both scored in the Brondby shootout.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2018, 08:52 AM
MacGregor to me is a must as I think we will be under pressure defensively. Anyone have an update on his availability?Out for another 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

number9dream
13-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Like others, I think it will be the same starting XI from the first leg. No one has really done enough to force their way in unless there are injury issues.
Maclaren still getting up to speed, as is Hyndman, who is also maybe too slight for the giants of Molde.
We will need plenty of dig against a big, physical team who will have their tails up after a fantastic win over the league winners and we will need to keep possession better than we did at home, so Mallan and Slivka have to really step up.
Boyle could be encouraged to team up with Gray out wide, but that would need Mallan and / or Slivka getting closer to Kamberi up top.
We certainly need to be working on finding room for Mallan to have a shot or two from outside the box.

B.H.F.C
13-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Boyle is only our most dangerous player when playing on the right. It is a tricky choice as Gray has been excellent when played and has scored and put some great crosses in. I think Lennon will play Gray and then stick Boyle up front with Kamberi. Not sure it is the best option but it gets our big game players on the park so understandable. It will be interesting to see if Lennon thinks about a change of formation as our midfield is nowhere near as strong now and it would allow Gray and Boyle to play on the right together which, imo, would work very well.

I think a change of shape will happen soon. Especially with Horgan signing and Agyepong if he’s ever available. One of them on the left, Boyle on the right.

I don’t think he will change it on Thursday though.

we are hibs
13-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Boyle dropped. Our best player of the season so far.

I wonder what some people watch sometimes 😂

He has been poor last 2 European games. It's called an opinion. Where are you putting him in because Gray is a better wing back and he isn't a striker

Cocaine&Caviar
13-08-2018, 09:24 AM
If Fit:

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Emerson
Bartley
Mallan
Stevenson

Flo
MacLaren

Grab an early goal. Get D.Gray on after 55 mins, shift Boyle up top to chase defenders.

makaveli1875
13-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Sir Dave will surely start , id imagine he was rested yesterday so he'd be fresh for thursday . Need the captain leading the team out in Molde

1van Sprou7e
13-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Can't see Maclaren starting, will be Boyle and Kamberi up top I think

Toughest thing is picking the midfield but I think Bartley or Whittaker will surely start

B.H.F.C
13-08-2018, 09:29 AM
He has been poor last 2 European games. It's called an opinion. Where are you putting him in because Gray is a better wing back and he isn't a striker

Given Boyles performances at wing back over the last 6 months, I think you’d be hard pushed to suggest Gray is better in that position. Even yesterday, nearly every chance we created came from Boyle.

What I would say is that the way Gray has played in the last few weeks, we need to find a way of having them both in the team without ‘wasting’ Boyle by playing him through the middle.

we are hibs
13-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Given Boyles performances at wing back over the last 6 months, I think you’d be hard pushed to suggest Gray is better in that position. Even yesterday, nearly every chance we created came from Boyle.

What I would say is that the way Gray has played in the last few weeks, we need to find a way of having them both in the team without ‘wasting’ Boyle by playing him through the middle.

Gray is better defensively. And he probably has a better delivery. Boyle is good at hitting the bye line and beating men but his crossing is erratic. I don't think he's a forward either. The only way both get in the team is if we go back to a 4 4 2 which I don't envisage happening

Baw187
13-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Sir Dave will surely start , id imagine he was rested yesterday so he'd be fresh for thursday . Need the captain leading the team out in Molde

Definitely. He’s been great in these European games and makes us better defensively which we need to be for this fixture.

Ritchie
13-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Hyndman
Bartley
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Shaw

I'd go with this!

No point starting Kamberi & Maclaren if they are not 100%. Shaw and Boyle are our in form forwards.

Forza Fred
13-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Boyle simply HAS to be in the starting eleven.

danhibees1875
13-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Bartley
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Kamberi

B.H.F.C
13-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Gray is better defensively. And he probably has a better delivery. Boyle is good at hitting the bye line and beating men but his crossing is erratic. I don't think he's a forward either. The only way both get in the team is if we go back to a 4 4 2 which I don't envisage happening

Or a 451 / 433.

There is no way Lennon leaves Boyle out the team, even if that means playing him up top. I don’t think he’ll shift from a back 3 on Thursday though and expect Boyle to play up top.

Smartie
13-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Is Agyepong registered for this?

hfc rd
13-08-2018, 12:33 PM

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Hyndman
Bartley
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Shaw

I’d go with this as well. Kamberi doesn’t look match fit atm and Shaw is in good form.

hfc rd
13-08-2018, 12:34 PM

He is but work permit is what’s holding things up. Home office as slow as a week in jail

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-08-2018, 12:38 PM

He’s registered but still waiting on a work permit.

Laidlaw

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Bartley
Hyndman
Stevenson

Boyle
Kamberi

Edinburgh Green
13-08-2018, 12:39 PM

I can see a bad ending to this. No inside information, just a gut feeling.

bigswissstriker
13-08-2018, 12:40 PM

Personally I would go

Gray
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka

Maclaren
Kamberi

When is Marciano back ? And what’s even wrong ? A broken finger? What happened to taping it up and getting on with it

Speedway
13-08-2018, 12:41 PM
I've been thinking about this team more than usual.

I think we'll go:

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan
Stevenson

Shaw
Kamberi

Subs:
Laidlaw
Gray
Swanson
Whittaker
Hyndman
Bartley
MacLaren

bigswissstriker
13-08-2018, 12:42 PM

Personally I would go

Gray
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka

Maclaren
Kamberi

Also, I’d start Boyle instead of Mac. His pace could be the difference in terms of stretching them and allowing us to actually get out of our half, cos I think Thursday we could spend a lot of time camped In.

calumhibee1
13-08-2018, 12:43 PM

I said that the other day. No idea how long this sort of thing will take and I’m not sure if it would be possible from Hibs point of view, but if it’s going to take an eternity to get this sorted there may be a chance Hibs might just pull the plug on it and look elsewhere? We have been linked with plenty wide men so we may have other options.

I’ve just had a look and it took Rocky 3 weeks to get his from signing. Not sure if things have got any better or worse when it comes to issuing work permits but it could be a wee while yet until we seen Agyepong.

Albanian Hibs
13-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Gray, Boyle and Bartley have to start

alihibs1
13-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Laidlaw

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Hyndman
Mallan
Bartley
Stevenson

Macca
Flo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-08-2018, 12:46 PM
I've been thinking about this team more than usual.

I think we'll go:

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan
Stevenson

Shaw
Kamberi

Subs:
Laidlaw
Gray
Swanson
Whittaker
Hyndman
Bartley
MacLaren

Horgan wasn’t signed in time to register...hopefully for the final qualifying game though!

MacGruber
13-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Yeah, get that feeling too.
Also - as someone said, how long is Rocky out with a broken finger? Was he not meant to be touch and go for the first European game?

JimBHibees
13-08-2018, 01:02 PM
He’s registered but still waiting on a work permit.

Laidlaw

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Bartley
Hyndman
Stevenson

Boyle
Kamberi

I think that will be the team hopefully Bartley is fit.

Onceinawhile
13-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Yes.

I think he could technically play as he's ok to work in the EU and is registered with UEFA. It's just his UK work permit that's the problem. Obviously that won't happen if he doesn't get into the UK before then though.

Think it will be the same team as started v Molde. Just need to hope we can up the performance level a wee bit and nick a goal.

cleanyman
13-08-2018, 01:26 PM
All comes down to the middle of the park for me.

That is where the game will be won and lost.

Northernhibee
13-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

SDG
Lewis

Bartley
Hyndman
Mallan

Kamberi
Boyle

erin go bragh
13-08-2018, 01:41 PM

Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Bartley
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi

makaveli1875
13-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Bartley
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi

Horgan cant play

Speedway
13-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Horgan wasn’t signed in time to register...hopefully for the final qualifying game though!

I need to think harder!!

Northernhibee
13-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Horgan cant play

Give him a chance before writing him off :hyper