PDA

View Full Version : NHC Think you were having a bad week...?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Just consider Brendan Rogers...

Meh result in Europe
Strained relations with the board including losing out on SJM
Then yesterday Boyata’s agent rocks up to training unannounced and says they’ve reached a point of no return - he’s apparently miffed at Celtic knocking back Fulham move for £7m?
Then they lose to the yams

It’s kinda like the anti Carlsberg weekend...

MyJo
11-08-2018, 08:35 PM

Meh result in Europe
Then yesterday Boyata’s agent rocks up to training unannounced and says they’ve reached a point of no return - he’s apparently miffed at Celtic knocking back Fulham move for £7m?

Had to laugh at Boyata’s agent saying he wasn’t going to risk injury by playing for Celtic and they would just sign for someone else for free on 1st January............sounded familiar

Famous Fiver
11-08-2018, 08:37 PM
They were going to pick up McGinn for nothing in January according to the world's best (and most condescending) supporters.

Wonder how they are sucking this one up?

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Boyata must be one of the most overrated players in Scottish football history. £7 Million? jesu.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Boyata must be one of the most overrated players in Scottish football history. £7 Million? jesu.

I’d make him rot in the reserve team, he won’t play for Belgium, and that may hurt him more
Player/agent power is out of control

Zazu62
11-08-2018, 08:48 PM
How bad are they defensively? Hendry, Simunovic, Ajer are brutal

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Apols it is £9m! Just reads like a slo-mo car crash. Perhaps Rogers extended honeymoon period maybe drawing to a close. Loose to that club from Govan and he may find his peg shoogled a wee bit...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/point-of-no-return-reached-between-celtic-and-dedryck-boyata-1-4782629

Michael
11-08-2018, 09:01 PM

I'd only heard people call him rubbish - even Celtic fans.

Greentinted
11-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Re Boyata: Did they no have similar bother wi Bobo Balde?

Ozyhibby
11-08-2018, 09:03 PM
https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/08/10/time-to-back-brendan/#more-12189

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
11-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Hilariously pompous Jim Traynoresque writing style. But that aside, isn't it pleasing to see the Celtic-minded chatterers starting to panic 😱

11-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Why can these fuds not write properly? Every article is like some sort of kafkaesque riddle.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Why can these fuds not write properly? Every article is like some sort of kafkaesque riddle.

:greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
11-08-2018, 09:51 PM

Truly baffling writing style. JJ is the same. Good to see them starting to panic though, JJ seems convinced Brenda is going to walk.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Truly baffling writing style. JJ is the same. Good to see them starting to panic though, JJ seems convinced Brenda is going to walk.

Gets a decent offer from England he will. Probably taken Celtic as far as he can. They are looking for a bit more in Europe and Im not sure he can deliver it.

Springbank
11-08-2018, 09:57 PM
:greengrin

if lawwell is fired from Celtic does he retain an sfa blazer?

rod 1 Peter 0

Keith_M
11-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Let's face it, now Celtc have crashed and burned, we're gonna walk this league.

Hibernian FC - League Champions 2019

:wink:

IGRIGI
11-08-2018, 10:02 PM
I had bet my left bollock on Celtic hitting ten in a row so my own sake I hope they get their **** together :greengrin

Their inability to strengthen over the summer however should hopefully see the gap close and give us an interesting season ahead, it can only be good for Scottish football.

Jack Hackett
11-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Let's face it, now Celtc have crashed and burned, we're gonna walk this league.

Hibernian FC - League Champions 2019

:wink:

Why don't we have a 'Like' button :confused: :wink:

Sammy7nil
15-08-2018, 11:21 AM

Meh result in Europe

BBC 5 live reported Celtic spent £2 million on a new light system to have a light show befotre theier Champs league games - DOH ! :doh::doh::doh:

jgl07
15-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Re Boyata: Did they no have similar bother wi Bobo Balde?

If I remember correctly they couldn’t play Bono Balde because another appearance would trigger a contract extension (which they couldn’t afford). I bit like Hibs with John O’Neil under Blobby and Darren Jackson with Hearts.

jacomo
15-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Hilariously pompous Jim Traynoresque writing style. But that aside, isn't it pleasing to see the Celtic-minded chatterers starting to panic 😱

Phil mc Gob is a fool of a man, constantly trying to pretend he is well connected. Terrible patter as usual.

Joe6-2
15-08-2018, 12:05 PM
I had bet my left bollock on Celtic hitting ten in a row so my own sake I hope they get their **** together :greengrin

Their inability to strengthen over the summer however should hopefully see the gap close and give us an interesting season ahead, it can only be good for Scottish football.

Let’s just hope the the’s don’t capitalise

Centre Hawf
15-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Honestly would rather Celtic made it to 10 in a row than allow the Huns anything positive. If anyone stops them I’d rather it be us or Aberdeen. Hearts can gtf too

AndyM_1875
15-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Took my first look at his stuff for ages. Sub Traynor level dross at best.
He's still an abysmal writer and his Celtic insider knowledge is utterly non existent.

Blocks Biloxi
15-08-2018, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYcfIrI5CEc

"It's Latin. You ought to have a basic grasp of Latin if you're working in Currys"

1van Sprou7e
15-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Let’s just hope the the’s don’t capitalise

Meh

Wouldn't want the hearts to do it but I'd rather see someone stop 10IAR than see a decade without a real title race

CRAZYHIBBY
15-08-2018, 05:59 PM
And when rodgers gets fed up and leaves celtic they will come for lennon

Smartie
15-08-2018, 06:04 PM

And how likely is he to leave us to go back there after another manager has left for the same reasons as Lennon did in the first place?

When Lennon goes, he'll go back down South, making the same kind of good move as John McGinn did.

Brendan Rodgers is as good a manager as Celtic can attract, and his departure could only be good for us.

HoboHarry
15-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Personally I don't believe they will. NL has been brilliant for us and he is perfectly capable of managing Celtic but they have seen the advantage of bringing in a big name like Rodgers and I think they will do again. As far as I can see there is no basis for believing they will come for Lennon other than people not being able to see past his Celtic connections.....

PatHead
15-08-2018, 06:08 PM
And how likely is he to leave us to go back there after another manager has left for the same reasons as Lennon did in the first place?

When Lennon goes, he'll go back down South, making the same kind of good move as John McGinn did.

Brendan Rodgers is as good a manager as Celtic can attract, and his departure could only be good for us.
The attraction of being the man who made it 10 in a row might be too much of a pull.

Jack Hackett
15-08-2018, 06:10 PM

:shhhsh!:

I remember seeing him mentioned on the Villa forum as a possible replacement for Bruce, whom a large portion of them are a bit meh about

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2018, 06:14 PM
https://twitter.com/jmcdeerfc68/status/1029635352733122561?s=12

silverhibee
16-08-2018, 01:14 PM
The attraction of being the man who made it 10 in a row might be too much of a pull.

And this is the reason Brenda won't be going anywhere in a hurry, he will be the man to go down in history at Celtc for bringing the 10 in a row to Darkheid, that's if his team are strong enough to catch Lennon's world beaters.

As has been said, Lennon will move down south after he has had his time at hibs, which will be more than likely after this season.